[Guide] WvWvW/Pve Shatter Cat 2014-04-23

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Yeah, just go to the mists and attack a golem with and without the sigil. Condition damage is the same.

About your ‘direct damage’ assumption, actually, it the other way around: most (probably all) of the time something just says ‘Damage’ they mean direct damage. When something affects condition damage as well, it is specified explicitly (e.g. Might)

Vulnerability, for example, does not affect condition damage either (which I think it should btw).

If it did it would be a nice boost to condition Mesmers. We won’t have to facepalm when our WoC and Clones insist on stacking useless Vulnerability.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grimpaw.7493

Grimpaw.7493

Osi can you enable mobile watching for your videos? Amazing play, I’m really impressed with your sense of timing and patience in the larger fights.

~ Sleight of Mind ~ mesmer
~ Ann Du Lance ~ guardian
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

@Aleph Naught, I now changed the description on the force, ty for note me on this. The guide is constant improving and with a community like this its great fun.

@Embolism, I think there is alot Anet can do to give more ways to specialice into different ways of the class. Give more synergies for mesmers to play condition effectivly is one. Mabye somehow affect what conditions the staff would apply randomly is another.

Say option 1 : bleed, burn, poison. Option 2: vulneability, cripple, confusion.

Thos would a condition mesmer be able to go for nr 1 and burst dmg mesmer/direct dmg go for option nr 2 with more controll and direct dmg boost. Just a thought.

• Uppdate**

@All, Changed staff sigil to precition stacks on kill. Uppdated the guide aswell now as it will stay as my recomended setup. With vigour buff I find energy less of a issue.

With high % crit dmg (>100%) and might stacks for power this is a extremly good dmg bonus. It let us get maximum effectness from our high crit dmg and burst capabilitys. With fury up I now is close to 90% crit when this is fully stacked. A 3 clone shatter mindvrack often crit x 3-4.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Thinking about changing build to a 100% shattertank, with knights gear, but I am not sure about that, and before I change I will make calculations and see what kind of stats I get, armor crit chance and damage, also the crit damage.

But that’ll be tomorrow.

And I can’t use the sites where you can try builds cause that’s only for spvp, and not for WvW :/

EDIT: any tips vs D/D ele?, cause I seem to lose to them all time :/

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@ * * Uppdate * * @

We al need to evolve and try new stuff. So far people after phantasm nerfs been so eager to move from phantasm that alot of the good with them gets forgotten.

Ok last weeks I been working on a hybrid spec, first I was fully working on a shatter cat condition hybrid but was not totaly satisfyed with the ressults even if I still keep the project. My goal was to find a good way to deal with guardians, bunkers and still keep the survival and good incombat mobility of the shatter cat.

So instead I changed direction and experemented with a “Shatter Cat” phantsams hybrid. The gear is wery simmilar to the one I used in the past, as ts still a “Shatter Cat” build its not a pure glascannon but a reaction survival build with toughtness and vitality min stats as in “Shatter Cat” guide.

The hybrid save the “Shatter Cat,s” huge condition dmg, in the video you see regular 1,5-2,4k confusion hits, you also see shatters for 6k+. But biggest change is that the build also have serious phantasm dmg and bigger personal sword dmg. Last days I had bf,s for 9-10k+ several times, also regulary phantasm who hit for 7k+.

I will include this build as a alternative “Shatter Cat” build in the guide in some time.

Enought talking, Enjoy the biggest dmg I ever done:

/Love Osicat

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Nice. Can’t wait for the build details. It will be a nice change to the current power shatter build.

I’m guessing…

Dom 10 (III)
Dueling 30 (II, X, IV)
Illusions 30 (III, IV, XI)

Am I close?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

(edited by Xavi.6591)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

yup cant wait for the trait build set up ill make this work in spvp for sure xD

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Just can’t w8 to try something similar out xD, Love to see your vids, so much… pwnage

EDIT, my spvp build before was:

• staff (sigi of air) & S/P (sigi of air, and sigi of blood)
  • Zerker amulet, and zerker jewel
  • Air runes

traits:

• domi 10 (I)
  • duel 30 (IV,XI,X)
  • Illusi 30 (VI, I, XI)

now

• staff (sigi of air) & S/S (sigi of air, and sigi of blood)
  • Zerker amulet, and zerker jewel
  • Air runes

traits:

• domi 10 (I)
  • duel 30 (IV,II,X)
  • Illusi 30 (VI, I, XI)

I changed pistol to sword, like osicat in the vid, LOL, killing thief’s easier than easy xD

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Nice. Can’t wait for the build details. It will be a nice change to the current power shatter build.

I’m guessing…

Dom 10 (III)
Dueling 30 (II, IV, IX)

Am I close?

I don’t think he uses duelist IX as he doesn’t equip a pistol though X is more likely as he spawns clones on dodge. For illusions, I think he has VI instead of IV as I saw the shatter cd refresh when he got to 50% health. ^^
Nice video anyway.

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

I’m guessing…

Dom 10 (III)
Dueling 30 (II, IV, IX)

Am I close?

I don’t think he uses duelist IX as he doesn’t equip a pistol though X is more likely as he spawns clones on dodge. For illusions, I think he has VI instead of IV as I saw the shatter cd refresh when he got to 50% health. ^^
Nice video anyway.

Yeah meant X and not IX. Fixed.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

in Mesmer

Posted by: derevan.8751

derevan.8751

Cant wait for the new build osi, will be refreshening

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Yeah, seems so much fun, I love my current build, but I think I would love this new one even better

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@** * Uppdated * **

Added description for shatter cat hybrid spec in the guide. Its last part.
glad you like it, ist awsome to play I tell you.

/Osicat

Ps Link to Insane dmg hybrid spec vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnM3spSyjEI

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moogster.6207

Moogster.6207

Question.

Is the OH Sword Berserker too?

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

build works just you got to watch out for thiefs like seriously watch out i just got 2 shotted literally. kittenin 5 times. but it works well in spvp but in all the damage is pretty good especially Iswordsman thing crit for like 5.6k lol i was suprised

(edited by Lordryux.9785)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Lordryux, I been fighting ALOT of thiefs last 5 days, seems half arbonstone is made of thiefs. Alot bad ofc but some good. The best tip vs em I can give is play like normal shatter cat but use sword block. It litterly take half their hp down, if rune of air hit aswell they get 1 shot almost.

Also your condition dmg is same as normal so a cry of frustration is wonderfull. And when they stealth use mass invis and start dodge like crasy to pop staff clones up. If they open on a popping up clone mindwrack and they die.

Overall survival is like normal “Shatter Cat” reactive and skill based. I spent most of this evening in a 7 man roaming party, first to dive into enemy packs of up to 15 players and I tell you its fantastic to see the havoc you leav when you portal out.

@Moogster, yes.

/Osicat

Ps Link to Insane dmg hybrid spec vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnM3spSyjEI

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

yea i wish i recorded this one match i did lmao it was hilarious i dazed this one warrior who just wouldnt get off my back so i had my friend john freakin used killshot on her he litterally one shotted her with it in spvp after the daze shatter running around with stacks upon stacks of vulnerability xD it was so hilarious

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dinara.9637

Dinara.9637

Hm…Osi, I think by using a sword for OH, and with our inherent low mobility speed, this spec’s weakness is catching up with some classes right?

I’m also amazed at how you can get illusionary leap to work nearly always.

Also, could you explain the Sigil of Generosity choice? I watched your video a second time and couldn’t find when it takes effect.

(edited by Dinara.9637)

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

Hm…Osi, I think by using a sword for OH, and with our inherent low mobility speed, this spec’s weakness is catching up with some classes right?

I’m also amazed at how you can get illusionary leap to work nearly always.

i think it depends on where you use it because sometimes if i use it like say going up the stairs or something along those lines the clone gets stuck and it wont move so WvW its much more. open per say rather than alot of slopes and so on where he was fighting from wat ive seen but yes it does get stuck alot of times for me anyway :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: sistox.9624

sistox.9624

That’s quite fun, I was using your new hybrid build a while ago, but I changed to a normal shattercat because of the pistol 5 which is lovely, and MOAR crits

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Lordryux, Yea the spec has great team abilitys for take down ppl, especialy bunkers.

@Dinara, exactly the spec trade of some range and utility for more dmg and ability to handle some classes the other spec struggle with or have a harder time vs. Its in no way a Replacement to shatter cat, its an alternative.

I think its important we have alternative builds to spec and play as it make our enemys have a harder time adapt to ehat we throw at em. I even fought some shatter mesmers who instantly when my leap clone jumped em hit their 4 sec immunity. They was so sure I would use the normal combo that they prematured their defenses and tock a nuke after.

I still regulary play shatter cat, just want to show you can play the spec in different ways.

About s leap you get it of more common if you know its weakness, the clone is lazy and dont want to run upphill, if target is just a tiny part under you its np, so use terrain and try be above your target.

Sigil of generosity is there as it give a little help vs tanks and your dmg already wery strong. Sigil of fire is a super strong alternative and I might enup use that instead, just feel I want to try generosity out.

@Sistox, hehe yea, just see it as you now got to alternative to play if you want to play shater cat.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moogster.6207

Moogster.6207

Hi Osi, I just have a few questions.

How is your confusion hitting for 1-2k+? Is it because of the Sigil of Generosity?

Also in general, how exactly do you do your combos? I have the general idea on how to output the damage, but I feel that I’m not doing the burst optimally.

Like for example, I see you press F3 and F1 after almost immediately, does that mean your clones will Daze and Mindwrack all in the same instance?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dinara.9637

Dinara.9637

Yes, it is terrible to use illu leap from an uphill slope lol. I do love the 15p trait in domination.

Oh Sigil of Generosity is also very useful against condi classes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tatto.8526

Tatto.8526

just looking at your new hybrid 20/20/0/0/30 build. Funny I was considering something similar but employing “the Way of The Freaking Shatter” (WTFS .. ) as I now call your guide.

Have you tried torch as offhand with Dom IX Cleansing Conflagration?

I realise this may slow the build down a little, but has it’s benefits also in my opinion plus I can see all kinds of WTFS with it from other players too.

I am also considering http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Hydromancy on the staff, as when I swap to it, I normally want some distance but also grouping. I haven’t tried myself yet as still levelling this alt slowly (Xmas takes a toll on gaming hours), just wondering on #4 of torch and swap to staff and #5, shatter clones and leap out of there with a fresh clone and chaos armour. Just how much fun I can have with it maybe, I shall have to try.

(edited by Tatto.8526)

in Mesmer

Posted by: derevan.8751

derevan.8751

Thanks for the new build i will test it as soon as i come home.

(edited by derevan.8751)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@ Mogster, the high confusion dmg accualy is a ressult of the shatter setup you ask about in your second question. The idea with the hybrid build is that the phantasm do dmg and get 3 clones up, daze shatter will after that give 3 effects that kinda put the ball on the spot and get the golie drunk behind the goal.

1 It daze the enemy so hes defensive capabilitys is less.

2 it apply 16-25 stacks of voulnebility fot 25 extra direct dmg

3 it give you 9 stacks of might who will buff what ever shatter you deccide to do.

So if you now mindwrack you do good dmg, whatever phantasm you create will do huge crits and when you got al shatters done and end with a cry of frustration the last confusion stacks will be applyed with around 600 extra condition dmg. I seen close to 3 k ticks with confusion with this spec and normal “Shatter Cat”.

@Tatto, no I kinda disslike torch as its dmg is non direct, I see the condition dmg in my builds as a bonus to normal dmg and a controlltool rather than core dmg.

Hydro seems good but I think nothing realy beat force 5% dmg, flame aoe, 10 precition / kill, energy in dmg, testing generosity and so far it look like another mesmer winner sigil.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

watched your first kill vs the guardian in your new hybrid spec several times, I finally see what you do, 15+vurnl and 4*MW = instant dead xD, have something to learn there

EDIT, if you have 9 might, and then shatter again

• clone 1 shatter with normal damage + 9 might
  • clone 2 shatter with normal damage +12 might
  • clone 3 shatter with normal damage +15 might, then when shattered apply another 3 stack of might

correct?

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Unknown, well something like it but also 1 st shatter (self) 9 might and 9% dmg, 2 nd 9 might 9% dmg, 3 rd 12 might, 6% dmg, 4 th 15 might 3 % dmg.

Now its time to get confusion applyed so even a 1 clone dodge and cry or only cry add 2-4 confusion stacks to the already 4+, but the might stacks will give 300% to your base condition dmg on this last stacks.

base condition dmg 315 + might dmg 35x 20 ~ 1 k condition dmg.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

I know it’s amazing, LOL, one nice fight vs a elementalist he was hitting me to half HP before I did something, then I lost…

No, I killed him in a couple of seconds, but he was not lvl80 so it was a unfair fight.

Also defending a camp from 5 invaders while waiting for backup, did it fine

And that was with your normal build, and with my small changes.

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Varg.4961

Varg.4961

@ * * Uppdate * * @

We al need to evolve and try new stuff. So far people after phantasm nerfs been so eager to move from phantasm that alot of the good with them gets forgotten.

Ok last weeks I been working on a hybrid spec, first I was fully working on a shatter cat condition hybrid but was not totaly satisfyed with the ressults even if I still keep the project. My goal was to find a good way to deal with guardians, bunkers and still keep the survival and good incombat mobility of the shatter cat.

So instead I changed direction and experemented with a “Shatter Cat” phantsams hybrid. The gear is wery simmilar to the one I used in the past, as ts still a “Shatter Cat” build its not a pure glascannon but a reaction survival build with toughtness and vitality min stats as in “Shatter Cat” guide.

The hybrid save the “Shatter Cat,s” huge condition dmg, in the video you see regular 1,5-2,4k confusion hits, you also see shatters for 6k+. But biggest change is that the build also have serious phantasm dmg and bigger personal sword dmg. Last days I had bf,s for 9-10k+ several times, also regulary phantasm who hit for 7k+.

I will include this build as a alternative “Shatter Cat” build in the guide in some time.

Enought talking, Enjoy the biggest dmg I ever done:

/Love Osicat

Awesome videos and guide Osicat!
As I noticed there are 2 builds like 10/30/0/0/30 staff+sword/pistol and 20/20/0/0/30 staff+sword/sword build. Which do you preffer or use the most?
Seems the shatter cat is the latest version right?

Also this illusion dmged build looks awesome too! I’ve used GS mesmer build, but yours looks much more fun and effective. I would follow a good build and learn more.

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Shatter 10/30/0/0/30 staff+sword/pistol is his main build and mainly what this thread is about.

Hybrid 20/20/0/0/30 staff+sword/sword is his hybrid build that he has recently played with with good results as well.

in Mesmer

Varg.4961

Shatter 10/30/0/0/30 staff+sword/pistol is his main build and mainly what this thread is about.

Hybrid 20/20/0/0/30 staff+sword/sword is his hybrid build that he has recently played with with good results as well.

Awesome, thank you I’m looking forward the new build tests too…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Varg, yepp exactly as Xavi say. The hybrid shatter spec testing is in the latest video linked today a few times:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnM3spSyjEI

Its trading some range and ability to catch runners for stronger dmg and nuke. So its not like other spec where you go for more dmg trade survival or condition dmg for better burst. Its accualy have stronger survival abilitys and better defense vs other glascannons.

As the hybrid spec have harder catch runners its perfect to play in smal team with a thief who can sprint targets down if they run. I think I prefere the spec also when I raidleading as its stronger for group nukes.

I do thu think that for around the world roaming the “Shatter Cat” basic is both faster and have a bit better utilitys.

Overall I like both, I am happy as its easy to switch between em, gamestyle is abit different especialy shatter combos and defense but gear is about same. I dont need to have 2 sets of gear to swotch between them just a extra sword and 2 necleses.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

A couple of sigil pointers for those rich enough to afford duplicate exotics:

the 25-stack type sigils offer the bonus even when unequipped; an effective way to use them is to have two one-handers with the sigil you need, any kill you do with this set nets 2 charges; by killing 13 mobs (say at ogre/dredge/etc to be useful) the stacks charge and you can swap the harvesting set for a normal set; it’s reasonable to get lvl 79 exotics for the harvesting set if you cannot afford 80s

Sigil of the Night is more effective than Force or Accuracy; buy an extra weapon (obviously 80 exotic) with this sigil and swap at nighttime for a significant bonus

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

I am kind of wondering if Sigil of Accuracy is better than Sigil of Force.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

@ Osicat

You’re getting some crazy numbers with that spec. I realise that you’re playing WvW and the scaling is different from PvP but I am curious about your build and gear. I look forward to seeing you post the build but what I’m really curious about is the gear and food because they’re obviously adding some substantial stat buffs to you.

Enjoyed watching you play thanks for being such an active member of the Mesmer community.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Wise, the Hybrid spec guide is added, its after the original guide 1st post by me. It was no room in original guide for it. And np, I love this community and its al a teamwork. 90% of the mesmers here keep the spirit high and work together to have as dun as possible with the class we al love.

@All, Alot of ppl pm me and ask about the Hybrid spec shatter combo, to make it a bit easier I added a explanation and smal text tutorial in the hybrid guide part.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Varg.4961

@Wise, the Hybrid spec guide is added, its after the original guide 1st post by me. It was no room in original guide for it. And np, I love this community and its al a teamwork. 90% of the mesmers here keep the spirit high and work together to have as dun as possible with the class we al love.

@All, Alot of ppl pm me and ask about the Hybrid spec shatter combo, to make it a bit easier I added a explanation and smal text tutorial in the hybrid guide part.

/Osicat

Awesome video as always! : ) I’m looking forward to see the changes for this latest hybrid build!

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Depends on your K/D ratio I’d say, cause if you die alot, you never gain benefit from sigil of accuracy, therefore sigil of force is better, but you can have a weapon with accuracy, and then swap to force so you gain +250 precision, and then gain another +5% with force

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Xavi, I latley started to prfere use Sigil of Accuracy on staff and start stack precition / swap to this when I end ppl or kill npc,s. On sword 1 I like to have 5% dmg, this way I have high dmg and already at 10 stacks I have a high crit chance. On OH sword I prefere Sigil of Generosity and if i use pistol Fire AOE sigil.

What I traded away is sigil of energy as I feel with vigour buff I dont need it so much anymore.

Btw, I had a 9,4k hit with iSwordsman today

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Sigil of Accuracy is the 5% flat crit, Sigil of Perception is the 25-stacks of Precision. AFAIK there’s a 70% crit cap that can only be improved by Fury so it’s possible to overdo it with Rampagers.

Accuracy vs Force = you have to calculate it for yourself, however there’s one very important element you shouldn’t overlook: Force stacks additively with other damage % modifiers like Compounding Force. The more you have of those, the less is Force worth as a % increase. If both get you about the same result, choose reliability (Force).

At any rate Night is always better than Force and pretty much always better than Accuracy. That is, at nighttime.

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

@Zid, I don’t think there’s a crit cap, cause Wiki, say that a warr can get 100% crit if low level and use deep strike.

According to Wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Critical_Chance

if it was the critical chance you was talking about

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kuniva.4573

Kuniva.4573

@ Osicat

In the hybrid build do you still use one piece valk and one piece knights? If so what piece do you have knights and valk on..gloves and helm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

@Lordryux, I been fighting ALOT of thiefs last 5 days, seems half arbonstone is made of thiefs. Alot bad ofc but some good. The best tip vs em I can give is play like normal shatter cat but use sword block. It litterly take half their hp down, if rune of air hit aswell they get 1 shot almost.

Also your condition dmg is same as normal so a cry of frustration is wonderfull. And when they stealth use mass invis and start dodge like crasy to pop staff clones up. If they open on a popping up clone mindwrack and they die.

Overall survival is like normal “Shatter Cat” reactive and skill based. I spent most of this evening in a 7 man roaming party, first to dive into enemy packs of up to 15 players and I tell you its fantastic to see the havoc you leav when you portal out.

@Moogster, yes.

/Osicat

I don’t know if it’s very “professional” to post a video advertising a build and use the totally bugged shatter in it. Actually, I don’t really respect anyone who takes advantage on that bug, it’s like playing a thief before the nerfs and claiming to be good.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Sonnet, its not the glitched shatter, to let daze clones hit first and get 25 stacks of vouln and build 20 stacks of might is not a exploit or bugged, its a strong dmg setup for any direct attacks. Sword 2 hit for 7-9k, my iswordsman did hit a player for 8,7k with might and vouln setup yesterday. Yes its extremly high numbers and sure might get nerfed in future but its not bugged, check the expected dmg, add 25% dmg from vouln, dmg from 20 -25 stacks of might, dmg from signet of night or force and 3% / clone. Its rather a balance situation.

You can thu get bugged shatters up by get 3 clones up and dubble hit f3 and f1 with mirror and decoy,tested and yes its insane dmg but to claim anyone use vuln daze shatters to buildup dmg is used bugged dmg I say is unfair. Or do you mean 9k sword nr 2 also is a bug/exploit, mabye do a list of abilitys we alowed to use and not?

The guardian in start dont die to bugged shatters, its totaly normal shatters for 3’5-3’8 k x4 crits who hit a target who dont get defenses up and have low base hp pool.

Nwm Arena net want burst dmg in wvwvw, its mabye the most effective dmg in group fights and mesmers got alot of effctive ways to do burst. Its a strong class and shatter builds are a strong build. Play witch ever of em you want.

@Kuniva, Gear is same as listed on first page but with another neclese

/Cheers all Osicat

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Hi I have a question regarding the build I’m currently running. It’s sort of a modified shattercat, with my offhand being a focus since I’m more comfortable in using it than a pistol.. My question is where should I put my extra 10 traits since I’m not gonna be taking pistol mastery..

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

@Sonnet, its not the glitched shatter, to let daze clones hit first and get 25 stacks of vouln and build 20 stacks of might is not a exploit or bugged, its a strong dmg setup for any direct attacks. Sword 2 hit for 7-9k, my iswordsman did hit a player for 8,7k with might and vouln setup yesterday. Yes its extremly high numbers and sure might get nerfed in future but its not bugged, check the expected dmg, add 25% dmg from vouln, dmg from 20 -25 stacks of might, dmg from signet of night or force and 3% / clone. Its rather a balance situation.

You can thu get bugged shatters up by get 3 clones up and dubble hit f3 and f1 with mirror and decoy,tested and yes its insane dmg but to claim anyone use vuln daze shatters to buildup dmg is used bugged dmg I say is unfair. Or do you mean 9k sword nr 2 also is a bug/exploit, mabye do a list of abilitys we alowed to use and not?

The guardian in start dont die to bugged shatters, its totaly normal shatters for 3’5-3’8 k x4 crits who hit a target who dont get defenses up and have low base hp pool.

Nwm Arena net want burst dmg in wvwvw, its mabye the most effective dmg in group fights and mesmers got alot of effctive ways to do burst. Its a strong class and shatter builds are a strong build. Play witch ever of em you want.

@Kuniva, Gear is same as listed on first page but with another neclese

/Cheers all Osicat

Sorry if I got the wrong impression. It’s hard to see if the Mind Wrack hits the “bugged” damage because it’s counting more illusions than it shoud.

I do believe you have a strong WWW build though.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Leo Paul, interesting to see you managed to pull the spec of with a focus, its far from my favorite oh but experementing is how the class evolve and new ideas come in. I always feel like I lack dmg if i run s/f + staff and like a easy kill with s/f-gs.

As I see it you got 3 options who a vialble if you want to trait with focus, first is normal 10-30-0-0-30, go for as many crit chamce you can and get another trait for pistol, there is several good traits in dueling so find one you like is not hard. Second option is to run high shatter power spec. Get 20-20-0-0-30, not the hybrid as the focus phantasm is usless in compare to Iswordsman or Iduelist when it come to reliable burst dmg. Get 20 mindwrack dmg and eather boonstrip but i would go for vould on shatters. This way you can get insane vouln stacking and go al in for mv dmg. A one trick pony thu a bit. Third option is a more tanky setup, 10-20-10-0-30 get 3 % less dmg / clone and run a survival shatter playstyle.

Gl.

@Sonnet, no offense taken, when there is a known bugg around daze and mv and you see extreme dmg its hard see what is what. Best way to get good dmg from daze vouln without glitch is let daze clones hit first, then get dmg landed. Tbh the dmg without “exploit” is so good if you use al mecanics I dont see a point use a unreliable bugg who only work 30%~ of the time anyway.

To get the glitch work ( and its not a reliable thing as its a bugg who not always work,,,, a bit buggy (; ) ppl get 3 daze clones run then before they hit land a mirror immage and decoy mv so al shatters but mv, hit about same time. If you instead use the vould dmg from daze and cc you do superb dmg and enemy have alot harder to avoid get hit as you dazed him and even mabye crippled/rooted.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Hey Osicat, I tried using a GS instead of Staff for the modified shattercat build using an offhand focus and indeed, you are right that it feels to have more synergy with a pure berserker s/f. Thanks

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

GS will definitely be more DPS than a staff however you lose a lot of defensive capabilities with a Greatsword.