How to find real mesmer??

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Hi guys
How to find real mesmer? Many clones and sometimes the real mesmer runs in a straight line at me pretending to be a clone. And then I get confused because one clone hits me really hard with spinning helicopter sword attack. But then I hit him back and he vanishes, but then there are 3 other clones who appear. But any of those clones could be real mesmer, I can’t hit them all.
I dodge and block many attacks but still can’t find real mesmer and die. Only when I was downed then real mesmer comes to stomp me. That is CHEATING, why not fight me like a man? Too many clones they all look the SAME, what do??

How to find real mesmer? This is so annoying.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Illusions.3108

Illusions.3108

look for buffs or evading, although mantras can make that difficult. Also look for the one who takes the least damage.

(edited by Illusions.3108)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

That is CHEATING, why not fight me like a man?

That is not cheating but how the class works.
We rely on illusions to do damage. Your fight like a man would mean we would have to try to tickle you to death without illusions… That doesn’t sound very manly to me.

As for how to find the real one?
Clones only cast the auto attack so any attack being different would indicate the real mesmer.
Phantasms are transparent, use pink weapons and are easy to seperate from the mesmer.
Only the real mesmer dodges, strafes, takes a step backwards etc.
If the mesmer magically gains full health and loose all buffs and debuffs, odds are he used decoy and you are now looking at a clone.
Watch his health bar. Clones that just spawned have full health, if you got a mesmer low but lost your target, the health bar itself will often be an indication of the real one once he reappears.

In all honestly though: The best way of finding the mesmer is to look for the one acting human, and know the tricks mesmers have available, such as decoy.
The best thing you can do is make a mesmer and learn how they work.

(edited by Reesha.7901)

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Posts above are correct, but one thing I want to say is, this is indeed how the class works. Each class is unique. Tell thieves to stop stealthing as well, or elementalists to stop changing attunement, or engineers to stop using kits. Just because one swings around a sword in someone’s face doesn’t mean all of them should.

If you consider this cheating and remove all this “cheating” the mesmer will just be a standing target. The mesmer requires all the illusions, blinks, stealth all of these witty tricky things to survive. Take all that away, and then the joke will be on you. You won’t be “fighting like a man” because you’re hitting a defenseless player

All I can say is there are many successful good players of other classes who will be able to kill mesmers, as annoying as it could be. Practice against them, it sounds like you haven’t fought so many of them. The more fights you have against them, the more you will notice a mesmer’s movements. Most will dodge and move around a lot, and of course use different skills.

Builds with a lot of aoe will tend to injure the real mesmer in stealth or not, and so will condition builds continue to tick at mesmer’s life.

Become capable in general against all classes, and mesmers will just be another one on your list

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah its not cheating. its part of the game and our core class mechanic. not every mesmer uses the clone on dodge, but clones are always gonna be there. u cant just turn it off and fight like a man. how about u make a mesmer and check out how our class works and believe me u will be able to deal with us much better.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

how about u make a mesmer and check out how our class works and believe me u will be able to deal with us much better.

I was about to give the same advice.

Wintel, reading your post I assume you’re either warrior or guardian. I wanted to figure out how to deal with a mesmer on my guardian so I just made one a week ago, to understand the class mechanics. The problem is after I started to level him up, I started to love the class too much. Now most likely I’ll be one of these nasty mesmers you’re talking about.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

1. Feel the Mesmer
  2. Shout at the Mesmer
  3. Be the Mesmer
  4. Practice
  5. learn Mesmer builds so you can counter them easily

You are now at step 3. There are 3 recommended options for you:

1. spectate a Mesmer. Look at which skills they use and how rhey look like. Pay attention to how the Mesmer moves, and how the target reaponds.
  2. create a Mesmer and jump in pvp. Look for a decent build or create one yourself. After moving around and feeling what skills are like, counterplay should be much easier.
  3. find a mesmer. You can duel with, perhaps in game or from this forum (like the Official Mesmer Forum Guild), and practice untill you… Cant practice anymore :P

Besides, your “WHY DONT YOU FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!?!?!1one1” doesn’t add much to your post. If it becomes too extreme, it may even keep people from helping you properly.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyberwolf.5830

cyberwolf.5830

Roll a mesmer until lvl 30, take deceptive evasion, try to survive and then you will know how a mesmer move. If you play it for a while you will never have problems find out where the real mesmer is and you will also realize that there’s nothing OP on the class itself.
Always put a target on the mesmer with ctrl+click it can only be removed with stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Yeah, observe movement. The clones look distinctively AI-like, it’s my biggest complaint with them right now. :S

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Buffs. look for food buffs the one with food buffs is the real mesmer. Also clones don’t dodge .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Thank you for advice everyone. I play Elementalist but with my build and health I have to kill people quickly, or they kill me. Thats why mesmer give so much trouble because they keep delaying with clones and going invisible…by the time I find real mesmer, I am out of defense and health and took too much damage.
I get scared to use defense abilities and dodges to survive clone attacks because then the real mesmer might come out and I have no more defense. But if people say that mesmer does bad damage without clones, then I should be OK?
There are different mesmer builds one of them uses a SO MANY clones, no matter how many I kill they just keep coming (no cooldown/limit??) and its frustrating because it feels like 3-4 people are attacking me and im getting nowhere.

I make a mesmer now and level him up to learn how class works. I dont have to do this with any other class because they are simple enough to understand but mesmer so confusing…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

On the bright side: Once you play Mesmer for a bit you’ll see right through all the illusions when you fight one.

Elementalists have a HARD time against Mesmer no matter what. You should join Gasmic’s ELEtism guild or the OMFG (Official Mesmer Forum Guild) for more specific tips and advice. Heres somethings to keep in mind.

• Mesmer that use Greatsword are more dangerous the farther away they are, you can really mitigate their damage by getting up close and invading their personal space
  • Mesmer tend to only have 1-2 forms of persistent stealth (every 30 seconds or so). Most often only one unless they’re running a torch. Use Ctrl+T to place a target on the real Mesmer and once that target drops, you know he’s invisible.
  • one clone hits me really hard with spinning helicopter sword attack.

That’s a Greatsword phantasm. The clones do not hurt you in most cases (unless condition build), the Phantasms (they look like ghostly versions of the Mesmer or wield ghostly weapons) are the ones that do damage. Phantasms have more health than clones but typically have 3,332 HP so they’re not very difficult to kill. Take a second to destroy them to severely hurt the Mesmer’s damage.