I need an awesome dueling build

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

This isn’t for tpvp, I’m trying to find a good build that does well in 1v1s. Any suggestions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Hehehe. Dr Divine its about time you joined the lockdown fold. Check out holls CI video montage or wait a bit and I’m sure Ross will wave his phantrupt flag. =P

When it comes to dueling builds nothing beats lockdown or phantasm. Ross’s build uses both!

in Mesmer

DrDivine.5378

Hehehe. Dr Divine its about time you joined the lockdown fold. Check out holls CI video montage or wait a bit and I’m sure Ross will wave his phantrupt flag. =P

When it comes to dueling builds nothing beats lockdown or phantasm. Ross’s build uses both!

Mind linking me to it? Im curious!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Mind linking me to it? Im curious!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-Phantrupt-Asskicker-CS-Interrupt/first#

in Mesmer

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

I roam wvw looking for duels, and run a 4/4/6 ci, never had so much fun with one build, brings a whole kitten nal of amazing tricks, condi pressure, bon strip and cc. Even fighting the same person repeatedly there’s no real must do rotation to predict, btw choas ty for your write up you did for lockdown builds, was all I needed to drop my thief and love my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Also don’t forget about PU builds, which are great dueling builds in pretty much all their variants. Especially PU Condie with Doom Sigils on weapons can beat pretty much any profession/build combo out there. (Disclaimer: Add “eventually” to the end of that last sentence, lol!)

Standard there is 4/4/6 with Staff & Sc/Torch. Your main burst is Scepter #2 so you have to get good at landing it, which isn’t too hard to learn because this build is very very forgiving thanks to all the stealth, buffs from PU and high Toughness.

Note: If Ross’ build is too squishy for you, you can easily make a much tougher variant with Knights Amulet. Naturally, you give up a noticeable amount of damage too, but it’s worth trying out if Thieves are still making your life hard. You still hit rather hard, but you have a lot more reaction-time for front-loaded bursts like Thieves or LB Rangers who get the jump on you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

I roam wvw looking for duels, and run a 4/4/6 ci, never had so much fun with one build…

I’ll second that. Though I tend to get obliterated by anything condi.
Then again, I can’t say that I’ve ever enjoyed playing against a condition build, regardless of what spec/class I’m on, so it’s not really a loss that I have to avoid them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I think a mesmer dueling build can’t get better than this. :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

+1

My build in my signature was inspired by watching Countless wreck fools night after night. It’s heavier on the condi with taking Scepter instead of sword. Both are excellent dueling builds!! Signets for the win!

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

For fun try 44006 condition shatter trait maim. Very effective versus thieves, watch them jump around with confusion/torment to reappear downed.

in Mesmer

DrDivine.5378

+1

My build in my signature was inspired by watching Countless wreck fools night after night. It’s heavier on the condi with taking Scepter instead of sword. Both are excellent dueling builds!! Signets for the win!

Out of curiosity, what makes this build effective in most cases over something like a zerker build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

Standard 44006 shatter is pretty fun to duel on. Pretty flexible with some traits, weapons, armor, etc.

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

+1

Out of curiosity, what makes this build effective in most cases over something like a zerker build?

Easy: less risk. You can take more hits, and there’s more room for mistake/error. The longer the battle goes on, the more likely you’re to win. Skill being equal, I think conditions > dps in 1v1 situations. That’s why terms like “aids” and “cancer” were used in a derogatory way to describe condition builds in koth and dueling arenas.

My build has long-lasting bleeds due to the krait runes. The sustain given from signet heal is amazing, and your other signets will mitigate a lot of income dmg. Most zerker memser don’t trait for sustain even though they could. They also don’t trait for condi clear, even though they could… Condi builds have more flexibility in the trats/utilities we use, where as a zerker is confined to very few in order to be utmost effective at being a zerker.

in Mesmer

DrDivine.5378

+1

Easy: less risk. You can take more hits, and there’s more room for mistake/error. The longer the battle goes on, the more likely you’re to win. Skill being equal, I think conditions > dps in 1v1 situations. That’s why terms like “aids” and “cancer” were used in a derogatory way to describe condition builds in koth and dueling arenas.

My build has long-lasting bleeds due to the krait runes. The sustain given from signet heal is amazing, and your other signets will mitigate a lot of income dmg. Most zerker memser don’t trait for sustain even though they could. They also don’t trait for condi clear, even though they could… Condi builds have more flexibility in the trats/utilities we use, where as a zerker is confined to very few in order to be utmost effective at being a zerker.

I tried it out in a few 1v1s and I actually won them 0.o lol, pretty fun build. I always sucked with zerker in 1v1s for some reason, I have runa few, but Im only good with them in tpvp 1v1s. I have a glass zerker build that uses gs and sword/pistol and it hits like a truck and makes them play defensively, but also doesn’t have very good mobility and sustain. It’s more of channeling everything into massive power and decent stuns.

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Definitely. Also, if you use scepter, the torment on block is just downright nasty. It’s also easy to connect a Confusing Imagines with the stun duration increase on Magic Bullet & S. Domination. iDuelist is pumping out bleeds while you give them a nice confusion burst…yikes! It’s ugly!

Glad you’ve had some success with it.

edit: forgot to mention: I use Mass invisibility offensively when the enemy’s health is at 50%, which is around the time people start thinking about using their heals. The torment/poison/bleed is devastating, and serves as your burst in this build outside of iDuelist.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Oh man I take it back, and totally forgot.. Condi builds wreeckk much easier. The ultimate dueling build is still PU Condi but in duels its often considered unfair.

in Mesmer

DrDivine.5378

Oh man I take it back, and totally forgot.. Condi builds wreeckk much easier. The ultimate dueling build is still PU Condi but in duels its often considered unfair.

what PU build is usually used? I thought it was nerfed lol

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

PU is NOT allowed in koth servers, and some people will outright ask you if you are using PU before a duel even begins. That’s why I didn’t suggest that as a dueling spec. It’s still a very strong dueling spec even with its nerf.

Signets Clone Death takes slightly more skill to use, but is also awfully forgiving of a build for those on the lower skill levels. There’s some careful attention that needs to be employed before burning through a S. Domination or heal though.

edit: Here an example PU dueling build with a high focus on bleeds. Very similar to the clone death variety, except instead of depending on invulns for sustain and dmg mitigation, you just stealth instead! lol
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQRArf8ansISjaWoGmqB3aGp0YMdOffDpCo0nkS5A-TJRHwAJLDA4kAI4JAEa/BA

(edited by MailMail.6534)

in Mesmer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

+1

Classic zerker shatter builds have 0 condi cleansing, while this build offers a fair amount of that. You have access to 5 different sources of distortion (shatter, sword, and 3 signets) which makes it very defensive, meanwhile a single Duelist phantasm can stack ~8 bleeds on your target if you make them tank it with a stun or root – and ofc, if they try to cleave them down that inflicts additional conditions.

in Mesmer

DrDivine.5378

+1

Classic zerker shatter builds have 0 condi cleansing, while this build offers a fair amount of that. You have access to 5 different sources of distortion (shatter, sword, and 3 signets) which makes it very defensive, meanwhile a single Duelist phantasm can stack ~8 bleeds on your target if you make them tank it with a stun or root – and ofc, if they try to cleave them down that inflicts additional conditions.

One thing I did notice is the build did struggle a lot against certain warriors. One of them was duel sword condi I believe and he was shaking the damage off like it was nothing lol