Illusionary Mechanisms - School

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Mesmer/Engineer School

[Ill]

I created a Necro guild not too long ago for teaching Necromancers that actually became quite effective ingame, I have helped/aided over 45+ new Necros. What I need, is for good Mesmers/Engineers willing to teach (Or bad ones willing to learn) to step up, and join the guild (there is no need to represent). If you wish to give your expertise back to the community, to help players learn a class and get better at PvP/PvE/WvW, please use this application and either PM it to me, post it here, or simply whisper me ingame:

• In game name:
  • What class do you main/wish to learn:
  • What class(es) do you play as your secondary/tertiary:
  • Are you applying as a teacher, or a student:
    (If you are applying for a teaching position, please answer the following questions. Student position applicants may ignore these)
  • How many hours on your class do you have:
  • How many builds have you theory crafted:
  • Would you consider yourself a good contributor to your community:
  • Are you friendly/helpful:
  • Would you be willing to prove your skill/knowledge ingame:

I hope to grow this idea to further benefit the community, and I appreciate any help/feedback.

I will not run this guild forever, and once the guild takes off, I will elect the best teacher of both classes to run it standalone, so that I might manage other schools

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Always happy to help. Will send an app soon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Would love to join and help but already in 5 guilds. If anyone else in same boat, and would like to buy additional guild slots with gems, help get the word to ANet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Great idea, going to work on the app

EDIT:
I did send you PM but got some weird forum error so if you do not get anything, could you PM me back?
And if you get it multiple times I am sorry.

(edited by Korusef.3714)

in Mesmer

Posted by: dargosian.2704

dargosian.2704

IGN: Ja Ur
Want to learn: Mesmer
Secondary class: Warrior (kitten yeah! ~ actually Warr used to be my main but there was no way I was getting into any team with one)
Student

Threadmancer, trollgineer, hecklementalist, and warrior. Forum warrior.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dragonrhapsody.6198

dragonrhapsody.6198

In game name: Khallum Dragonscale

What class do you main: Ranger

What class(es) do you play as your secondary/tertiary: Everything else, mostly mesmer after ranger.

Are you applying as a teacher, or a student: Teacher

How many hours on your class do you have: Let me get back to you on that…

How many builds have you theory crafted: Honestly, I lost count… Because I make builds for my own (mostly rangers and mesmer) and customize builds for others based on how and what they want to play on their characters.

Would you consider yourself a good contributor to your community: I am sorry, I can’t be the judge of that, Someone else has to judge me.

Are you friendly/helpful: I cant be the judge of that either, Someone else has to judge me.

Would you be willing to prove your skill/knowledge ingame: yes

Most men complacently accepts
“Knowledge” as “Truth”…
They are sheep ruled by fear…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Great idea! Im currently on mobile so i cant really wrte the applicatioj now, but ill write this post so indont forgt when i get home.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Great idea, going to work on the app

EDIT:
I did send you PM but got some weird forum error so if you do not get anything, could you PM me back?
And if you get it multiple times I am sorry.

I did not receive your application, unfortunately, please send it again.

IGN: Ja Ur
Want to learn: Mesmer
Secondary class: Warrior (kitten yeah! ~ actually Warr used to be my main but there was no way I was getting into any team with one)
Student

Sure, add me and whisper me ingame when I’m on.

In game name: Khallum Dragonscale

What class do you main: Ranger

What class(es) do you play as your secondary/tertiary: Everything else, mostly mesmer after ranger.

Are you applying as a teacher, or a student: Teacher

How many hours on your class do you have: Let me get back to you on that…

How many builds have you theory crafted: Honestly, I lost count… Because I make builds for my own (mostly rangers and mesmer) and customize builds for others based on how and what they want to play on their characters.

Would you consider yourself a good contributor to your community: I am sorry, I can’t be the judge of that, Someone else has to judge me.

Are you friendly/helpful: I cant be the judge of that either, Someone else has to judge me.

Would you be willing to prove your skill/knowledge ingame: yes

Very well, I shall contact you ingame.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

In game name: Joseph Herby

What class do you main: Mesmer, I play fairly decently i supposed, but i’m definitely willing to learn.

What classes do you play as secondary/tertiary: essentially everything else, still have to buy character slots to get to play more classes.

Applying as: Student.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Can’t join (full compliment of guild cats guilds but certified trainer in RL, if you need any help with building a curriculum.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

I’m not a propro on mesmer, but I know quite a bit about the profession. I’ll join.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

In Game Name: Johnny The Gray
Main Mesmer:1100 hrs on mesmer
Applying as teacher but always willing to learn from others
Would say that I’m friendly and try to contribute to other players on game
Have theory crafted one solid bunker build that doubles as a pve support dungeon build and tweaked several well known builds to my liking.
I am friendly and other players have said I was helpful
Would be willing to show knowledge of class in game.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Brilliant idea!

•In game name: Deluzio
•What class do you main/wish to learn: I actually don’t have any main, I play a lot of classes. My favorite is mesmer though.
•What class(es) do you play as your secondary/tertiary: engineer, thief, elementalist
•Are you applying as a teacher, or a student: teacher/student (depends if I’m good enough)
(If you are applying for a teaching position, please answer the following questions. Student position applicants may ignore these)
•How many hours on your class do you have: 290 (2nd most played)
•How many builds have you theory crafted: None, but I have tweaked Osicat’s Shattercat. I only play shatter mesmer.
•Would you consider yourself a good contributor to your community: I help people on the forums and in game but not actively.
•Are you friendly/helpful: I am, but I haven’t put out any own efforts or guides/videos.
•Would you be willing to prove your skill/knowledge ingame: Yes

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Yup.. i completely forgot to write the application. Guess ill do it now ^__^

In game name: Verona Razorleaf, but im often on alts so its better to jsut whisper Alissah.9281

What class do you main/wish to learn: I main a mesmer.

What class(es) do you play as your secondary/tertiary: i do Spvp with pretty much all but necro and guardian… but i guess engineer is my second most played with 109 games (9% of total) ;D.

Are you applying as a teacher, or a student: teacher i guess, but im always willing to learn from other good/better players!

How many hours on your class do you have: 1403+16+105=1524 hours on 3 mesmers.

How many builds have you theory crafted: i always use my own builds, simply because its more fun than copying from the internet :p. Surely there are people who take exactly the same traits as me, but i never copy from them, not with mesmer atleast :p.

Would you consider yourself a good contributor to your community: i hope so! When im running through the forums, the threads that ask for advise are the first to catch my attention, and i try to give good advise in the form of walls of text!

Are you friendly/helpful: I try to be! It does depend on my mood, but when it comes to helping people with something i can actually help with, then i still squeeze some time in.
Not many people ask for help… and theres not much im good at in real life, so helping people with mesmering is kind of an opportunity for me… It just makes me feel better for some reason!

Would you be willing to prove your skill/knowledge ingame: Im not sure where this is going… but sure!

Cheers,
Alissah

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.