Ladies and Gentlemen: The Chronomancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Is anyone a little worried that shatter skills are not going to be instant anymore? I kind of want to assume it’s just for marketing purposes/ease of view but those videos do show an active finger pointing for shatters and for mirror images.

What are you talking about? They will stay instant.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

As stated, though… This’ll be a confusing mess with Portal. If you use Continuum, you’ll be getting 3 Portals. Time-Space is broken!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

Is anyone a little worried that shatter skills are not going to be instant anymore? I kind of want to assume it’s just for marketing purposes/ease of view but those videos do show an active finger pointing for shatters and for mirror images.

Duckduck is right there is clearly a cast time on mirror and the shatter in the video.

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Duckduck is right there is clearly a cast time on mirror and the shatter in the video.

We’ll have to see whether that was for real or just for the sake of showcasing our skills fashionably.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Also, in the video clones look smart enough to run to and attack two different targets.

IIRC Mirror Images usually spawn to the side of you and shift you a bit.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Zerg vs. Zerg dead zone bomb (bridges and other choking points):
Chronomancer + Chaos (VIII) + *
: Portal + Torch/MI/(SR from a friendly Thief) + (F4 +) blink + F5 + blink + Portal

You should be able to open portal at the other end of the enemy zerg. Bonus point if you manage it while they charge you (and waste all their AoE).

in Mesmer

Nazer.7301

IIRC Mirror Images usually spawn to the side of you and shift you a bit.[/quote]

Yup you shift slightly and 2 clones appear, you don’t hold your hand in the air. There is also no animation for shatters, you just shatter instantly. In the video she holds her hands up again to shatter, on top of it looking like there is a delay. Interesting to see what they decided to do.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

The F5 skill Continuum Split has a weakness, that will be taken advantage of: it returns you to the original position you cast it. That means for PvP, people will know exactly where you will you come back. Expect that spot to be cover in conditions on return, or someone waiting for you with a pull/push/interrupt. In such scenarios it will be a race to dodge off your spot and survive long enough to use your refreshed skills. Will be nice skill though if used right.

in Mesmer

Nazer.7301

The F5 skill Continuum Split has a weakness, that will be taken advantage of: it returns you to the original position you cast it. That means for PvP, people will know exactly where you will you come back. Expect that spot to be cover in conditions on return, or someone waiting for you with a pull/push/interrupt. In such scenarios it will be a race to dodge off your spot and survive long enough to use your refreshed skills. Will be nice skill though if used right.

Stealth —> f5 --> dump your bar —> return --> repeat. Just like a WoW fire mage haha. Hurray originality!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

inb4 mesmer and F5 gets nerfed to the ground because OMG SO OP IN PVP QQ.

Are we sure it’s an F5. What if the new shatter replaces F1?

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Oh the countless new possibilities. Sounds very promising for shatter mesmers too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

This is also possible but I would think it’s more likely to replace F4. Both defensive and should have long cooldowns.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

But… But… Wouldnt you go back to before the jump, even if you succeeded?

Yeah. The Portal interaction will be a key part of this. Can you hit F5, jump, use Portal Entre, F5 again, then use Portal Exeunt? If not, you could probably still use Portal Entre, hit F5, jump, use Portal Exeunt, then F5 again.

The new Shatter will only reset the Chronomancer, as far as I can tell. Any Wells, Glamours, etc. you placed while in Continuum Split should still be present.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

This is also possible but I would think it’s more likely to replace F4. Both defensive and should have long cooldowns.

Nevermind. The article says f5

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Confirmed F5. Read article, should give details there.

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

The linked article explicitly says that Continuum Split is on the F5 key. They wouldn’t include that detail if it wasn’t in their press kit.

in Mesmer

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

I can’t help but wonder how they’ll balance the other class after revealing this. Can’t wait to see the other spec^^.

(edited by arkealia.2713)

in Mesmer

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

The new specialization seems quite interesting, though I really want to see its trait line. Unless I’m mistaken, it seems like shield doesn’t have a phantasm. With MH sword the way it is, you are sacrificing your damage for group utility (you could maybe supplement your damage with other shatters I guess).

The elite looks really cool though; it seems like a set-up for the rest of your team to AoE-spike things down.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

well the shield is defensive and having no phantasm on it is totally fine by me, i just hope there will be no QQ from other classes wich gets us nerfed into the ground until release.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

There’s no mention of a phantasm. Will X/Shield only be able to spawn the scepter/sword 3 clone and that’s it?

It looks like we’re getting a new off-hand weapon at the expense of the 2-hander and off-hand weapons. I’m not sure I’m too happy with that.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

The F5 skill Continuum Split has a weakness, that will be taken advantage of: it returns you to the original position you cast it. That means for PvP, people will know exactly where you will you come back. Expect that spot to be cover in conditions on return, or someone waiting for you with a pull/push/interrupt.

Doesn’t every build need some method of counter-play? This seems quite acceptable to me. The opposing player still needs to plan ahead and be aware that the Mesmer could ping back any second, and remember when the Mesmer used Continuum Split in the first place.

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

So, let me math this out:

Continuum>Port1>Port2>Shift>Port1? In this case it’ll probably create two different sets of portals.

Port1>Continuum>Port2>Shift>Port1? Same as above, two sets of portals.

Continuum>Port1>Shift>Port1>Port2? Might be a bit confusing, but perhaps while it will reset Portal Entre’s CD, it won’t reset Portal Exuent back to Portal Entre, therefore, it’ll still create two sets of portals.

Whew, makes sense, I thinks.

in Mesmer

Nazer.7301

Anyone else notice that the clones were carrying offhands, sorry haven’t seen that in about a year. GG anet maybe you could have fixed that before the x-pac, like last year.

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

The F5 skill Continuum Split has a weakness, that will be taken advantage of: it returns you to the original position you cast it. That means for PvP, people will know exactly where you will you come back. Expect that spot to be cover in conditions on return, or someone waiting for you with a pull/push/interrupt.

Doesn’t every build need some method of counter-play? This seems quite acceptable to me. The opposing player still needs to plan ahead and be aware that the Mesmer could ping back any second, and remember when the Mesmer used Continuum Split in the first place.

Of course. Nobody’s saying such a weakness is bad, just acknowledging it’s there so we can plan for it.

In fact, Continuum is itself an incredibly delicate tool that can either double our potential or screw us big time. For instance: Our important skills are on CD and we use Split for some reason. When we Shift back, it basically means elongated CD for those skills. Or our health is low and we Split just to be safe, then we’re healed or heal ourselves for some reason, or we find we have to escape, then Shift happens and we’re stuck back at our disadvantageous position again. Playing with time is… tricky.

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

Official blogpost is up: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-chronomancer-mesmers-elite-specialization/

I don’t see anything new over the Ten Ton Hammer article, though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I need to find a new keybind
(mesmers always complain)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

Use F5…

Die…

Prince of Persia ?

would be pretty sweet I dunno lmao

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

I don’t think it lets you undo that death … but maybe you can still use that new F5 while downed.

I could see this being extremely powerful in WvW. Sure, stack up people. I’m going to just set this right here … run into you with my Mesmer buddies … shatter hard and then reset time … except for that part about where we blew you up with butterflies.

I’d also like to point out the additional reflect we get. Now we have Focus and Shield giving reflection.

Additionally, that’s another potential reflect in PvP/WvW that Greatsword Mesmers can just smile at while they use their lasers :-p

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Wow! Now that sounds amazing. :o

Exactly what I’ve been waiting for..

Gravity Well sounds like some sort of micro singularity, I love the shield wall skill, and the while concept of manipulating effects like alacrity (and most likely slow) is just awesome.

And that F5… :D The mind games that should be able to be played will be beautiful!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’d also like to point out the additional reflect we get. Now we have Focus and Shield giving reflection.

Additionally, that’s another potential reflect in PvP/WvW that Greatsword Mesmers can just smile at while they use their lasers :-p

Absorb, not reflect. However…it does sound like a potentially high-target stun. That has obvious implications.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bellyboomer.3048

Bellyboomer.3048

Absolutely exited!

A thought came to mind: we won’t get a phantasm on our shield, but perhaps specializing in chronomancer will unlock a new utility phantasm, like phantasmal defender. That way chronomancers will get to chose if they want phantasms or something else. It’s a possibility.

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

I did notice that both TTH and the official blog post only mention one Shield skill, Tides of Time. The video shows exactly three skill uses: Mirror Images, Tides of Time, Mind Wrack(?). We also have pictures of the Well skills, captioned with their names.

There’s also picture captioned “Echo of Memory”, but no description of what it does. There’s a possibility that this is the other Shield skill, but no indication of what it does (other than putting a pretty pink bubble around you).

It could very well be a Phantasm summoning skill, and the picture shows the summoning channel? Absorb projectiles while summoning your phantasm! Cooldown reduced based on the number of projectiles absorbed!

I dunno, we’ll probably have to wait for Ready Up! to figure out what’s going on with the Shield and Phantasms.

A thought came to mind: we won’t get a phantasm on our shield, but perhaps specializing in chronomancer will unlock a new utility phantasm, like phantasmal defender. That way chronomancers will get to chose if they want phantasms or something else. It’s a possibility.

All of the utility skills are Wells. It’s possible that one of them spawns a Phantasm when it expires, I guess.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

The most disappointing thing is that I will not be able to take staff, focus and shield all at the same time.

I would love to dual wield shield + focus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

Double stealth moa ?

Rip me and all my necro friends.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Bah, that’s what I get for reading at work :-p Oh well, another way to not get shot is great.

That double CC from the shield and it reducing its own CC will be likely amazing.

I’m excited to see the Synergy with Alacrity and our new weapon skills (Staff and GS) that give us ways to reduce their cooldowns. That could then synergize well into summoning more illusions for more clones for more Alacrity and just keep feeding into that very nice cycle.

The mean burst we’ll likely be able to output with the F5 … is exciting … and scary … and exciting again :-p

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

How do you plan to equip both focus and shield at the same time?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

A revamp version of glamour bomb mesmer…aappreciated but not that innovative.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

Yep, this looks really cool.

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bellyboomer.3048

Bellyboomer.3048

How do you plan to equip both focus and shield at the same time?

Weaponswap?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Official blogpost is up: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-chronomancer-mesmers-elite-specialization/

I don’t see anything new over the Ten Ton Hammer article, though.

Yeah, they even used the same wording. Looks like Ten Ton Hammer got lazy and just copy/pasted their article from the early look of the blog post.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

True, but at least it looks like it will have more depth than the glamour/confusion builds – we’ll have to wait for the details, but I’d imagine with those new effects there should be more options in how to play (compared to mindlessly racking up confusion).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Corvus.5836

Corvus.5836

I screeched with joy when I saw the THREE posts about it this afternoon

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

“Most chronomancer wells have a fairly high recharge time, however, so be sure to keep the alacrity flowing.”

Hmm, so that will be one of the downsides to manage for successful play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: XerreX.7196

XerreX.7196

I’ve got a new main : P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

XD

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I’ve got a new main : P

I’m guessing you’ll be saying that for every new elite spec reveal.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I wrote a super lengthly analysis on the info… and I cant post it. x_X

Apparently “You cannot post a new topic because you are being punished.” Anyone know how long that lasts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

OMFG I CANT WAIT TO WEAR MY ELEGANT GRACEFUL GOWN AS A CHRONOMANCER!!!

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

True, but at least it looks like it will have more depth than the glamour/confusion builds – we’ll have to wait for the details, but I’d imagine with those new effects there should be more options in how to play (compared to mindlessly racking up confusion).

This one look more duel oriented and possibly less efficient in WvW, in PvP I expect shatter/lockdown to dominate and phatasm for PvE as always. Worst that could happen is the necro treatment where skills are balanced on perfect scenarios I doubt it will be near in potential to glamour bombing, It wasn’t a faceroll spec zergs were just full of noobs.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Ohhhhh look the CHRONOMANCER in action again hue hue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEuN8j2kPK0&feature=youtu.be

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

(edited by Purecura.1795)