Looking for a good wvw roaming build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tyrone.5974

tyrone.5974

So I just hit 80 and I am rocking full beserk everything and just dying faster then a beer at a redneck party(horrible joke).

Looking for any advice on a good solo build. I do group but hate zergs so solo/small group. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Chosen to serve, inspired to lead

in Mesmer

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

#1, sell a kidney and buy Traveler runes.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in Mesmer

tyrone.5974

I will be buying those soon but still doesn’t really answer my question…..

in Mesmer

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

I would probably avoid condition builds since they often have trouble catching runners. I had good luck when I ran a Phantasm build. It may be dated now, but it was 10/30/0/30/0 with Sword/Sword & GS. Knight’s gear would also help your survivability. Hold on to the Berserker’s though, because you might want it back later.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

This is the build I use for roaming and taking camps. I like it a lot, but I don’t think many people play exactly like this.

http://bit.ly/14SIa7E

Summon phantasms and then use stealth, block, dodges and interrupts. Swap weapons whenever you can.

in Mesmer

tyrone.5974

Not bad maybe ill try it out. Anyone else ? I mean I’ve gone the light countless builds lm here. As for the traveler runes do a lot
Of people use them?

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlueFrog.3261

BlueFrog.3261

jump on the PU bandwagon like every other roaming mesmer. power (phantasm) or condi specs are both disgustingly overpowered relative to other classes roaming specs. its a low skillcap spec and isnt particularly fun but it works extremely well in small scale fights.

20/20/30/0/0 or 10/20/30/10/0

Albino

in Mesmer

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

I use 20/20/30/0/0 PU since it allows me to easily swap into a zergging build.
If you don’t ever zerg then just put 30 points into chaos for PU then get whatever weapon cooldown traits you use.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Take my build with a grain of salt cause i’m probably terrible at building builds, but I usually roam with a friend or two so we’re usually in 2v2’s, 2v3’s, etc. So far if I can get my full rotation off, enemies will either be hurtin pretty bad or ready to retreat. I didn’t want to go condi, cause everyone in the world stack condi removal/condi reduction so I went for power/crit damage build. Utilities and elite are completely open based on situation/playstyle. I like to go with the two stealths, teleport, and two condi removals. Weapon sigils are also preference, in this build I stick with my rotation as much as possible so i’m switching weapons a lot. I can usually get up to around 12ish stacks of might. I use to play thief and man…it’s so much fun greatsword #5’in thieves out of their SR lol.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgQQNAR8alwzipXUTkGb9IipCBHpHqWplalegb82FC-jEDB4fA4LLamEJQEBKzJPCiZPKrlhFRjV7ATZaR16VAeDMa1uDAyAoPGA-w

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

you can use centaur runes and mirror heal to avoid paying 40g for the travelers. As for build, any build that kills fast is good for roaming. And a lot of practice, skill matters a lot .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

I used centaur runes with mirror in the past, before traveler’s came out. Surely works, but on a phantasm build where I don’t shatter much, prefer to pick ether feast (and traveler runes are the best!)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQJAWRlwzipHVTsGaNJi5D92ZGQX0RqgqVSBudhA-jEzAYrARRgILAJPFxsnwaZsIasabM1Jq+Mx6XIVMg/QpWGAmxA-w

This is what I use, not your common phantasm build, has a bit more defence and I truly enjoy it. Still playing with it, and even gone it and changed GS for Scepter/Sword with good results for solo play with more defence (blocks).

If on a small party with access to swiftness, I change runes to melandru (and one berserker armor piece more) and switch to compounding celerity (instead of mender’s purity)

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

(edited by Xenn.3809)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

you can use centaur runes and mirror heal to avoid paying 40g for the travelers. As for build, any build that kills fast is good for roaming. And a lot of practice, skill matters a lot .

You can use an Eternal Cold Potion and stop using your heal with Centaur runes.

Also to the OP, my build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNArfWlwzKqXQTmGb9IipHBHyBckUUavWJF62FC-jgCBYhBCpRZkWQZkEJQ5QFRjtMsIasKZBVzATHTR2jATKAImGB-e

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

tyrone.5974

So basically you guys feel a more semi tank build
As opposed to full dps? Like I posted I hate zergs, always have always will. There is no skill in hitting 1 over and over. I’m looking for a build where I can take on 2-3 and deal good damage. Conditions are a huge issue for me at least as I am learning. So it seems dropping
Half my zerk gear and going for pvt?

in Mesmer

Posted by: frankylovechild.8623

frankylovechild.8623

Can someone post a link to the PU build ^^ty

Violah |CoSA| Sorrows Furnace

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

The 2 PU builds you would probably be looking for would be Osi’s condi cat, which is posted in the sticky up top, and a link to my blackwater build in my signature (its probably on page 2/3) have a look at both, they are essentially the same but I prefer staff =p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Whatever you choose, 20 points in Dueling. Rock the perma-vigoring, dodge-cloning, condi-spamming build before it gets nerfed to the ground!

in Mesmer

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

PU mesmers are one of the best roaming classes out there.
Phantasms get destroyed in 1v2+, even against bad players it’s a build that does not work, unless they are full zerker rangers.
With PU you could easily win 1v2+. 1v4 are even possible with PU assuming you are skilled.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Got to be able to run and chase, get some cc in there. Build smart.

in Mesmer

tyrone.5974

Still new to the mesmer world, PU means? Also a link to this build so I can mess around with it would be nice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Still new to the mesmer world, PU means? Also a link to this build so I can mess around with it would be nice.

PU =- Prismatic Understanding. 30 in Chaos, grandmaster trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

yep just slap on PU… but how popular it is… i’m scared it’ll get a nerf… plz dont nerf it Anet! xD Not everyone runs it still :P

I’ve been running zerker gear and power and so on with PU and it’s just solid and extremely versatile with enough killing power. can often do reasonable 1vX if you don’t like condi build you can see this which happens to be similar to the maximized hybrid roaming thread http://tiny.cc/bladeart

(edited by takatsu.9416)

in Mesmer

tyrone.5974

So if I was able to afford the traveler runes yes? Also I’m rocking 3 zerk 3 ac pieces, from what I gather drop the vit and get more toughness say 3 from nights ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tentacle Love.3412

Tentacle Love.3412

Well the first thing you’re gonna want is those traveler runes because that’s a pretty big deal.

The second thing you’re gonna want is some earmuffs to drown out the sound of the zerg needing more veil and portal and …everything else that a mesmer provides.

The third thing you’re gonna want is your build, and really that’s up to you. there are some new lockdown options that look nice, I played with them a slight bit and they’re pretty cool, but I can’t say for certain if I was just steamrolling someone with no business trying to solo cap a ruin (seriously get your guardian kitten back in the zerg) or if it actually is all that and a cherry on top.

Now the real thing you want is experience playing around with everything. You’re getting in in a rare cycle where just about every build you look at is going to be awesome, and you should play around with it before that changes.

Try out the immortal before it gets nerfed to hell, try the permavigor before people figure out they need to whine about that, and try those lockdown builds, especially the ones heavy on reflection, and take all those engineers and rangers out to a nice dinner IF YOU KNOW WHAT I’M SAYING.

Just go have fun, really.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirec.2394

Kirec.2394

I run a variant of BlackDevil’s hybrid for roaming:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Maximised-Hybrid-Phantasm-Build-Roaming/first#post3168255

Pick up a full set of rabid armor for toughness and a bit of condi (you can leave your trinkets zerk, I run 2x cavalier though). You can read my post in that thread to see the differences between what I run and what BlackDevil runs. I find this to be fantastic for roaming (PU in general is great for it). You will have a weakness to conditions (welcome to being a mesmer!) but you’re slippery enough to avoid a good bit of it outright. Mender’s Purity is getting a buff soon, so that will help (a little) as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Don’t normally share this stuff, but here is a good starter build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAR7flwzqpXUTsGb9IipHEXwBckUUavWJF22FC-jUyA4sgg0kmpFwUlholDLiGbxsIasaGMVKRUtHpIa1SBAx0I-w

Replace Superior Sigil of Earth with Superior Sigil of Torment (Not in the builder yet) … combined with the Greatsword it really helps vs runners. Especially if you use Arcane Thievery to take their swiftness buff away from them.

Options I normally use with that build is to swap Adept Dueling between 1, 3, and 5 for the situation I find myself in. In general I running Dueling 3 … but 1 and 5 have their uses.

Use Torch 4 → Arcane Thievery → Torch 5 to clear conditions (up to 5) from yourself. Heal yourself in stealth only and always dodge into using a stealth ability to get the evades as you go invisible.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyberwolf.5830

cyberwolf.5830

I used to run a bit different version of BlackDevil’s hybrid:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAsaRl4zCrHTzoGbNJipHBnvBcnKAdkKoalUgbXIA-j0DBYLCiUgQ0HAEBgJPAZPIpPo5PQ5QZsMsIasaGYqUwKXCpqYQeEZWIgFLAA-w
It’s nice for 1vX but after a while a bit boring.
With this build I used to go alone or with a thief, we did some nice 2v6
I also used in zerg by swapping chaos V with chaos IV and MOR with EF. I use mantra just to remove 2 condi instead of one (4 condi with 10th dec patch) and charge it in stealth or with distortion. Remember you can blink while charging

Now I’m using a shatter build which is much more fun but I die a lot:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAscWlwziqHTzoGb9ICqHYH49dkU0asWJF82FC-jkDBYLERj0HDRjKBM5JYZPopPIJQRsMsIasKGYKXCpqYR2cWQ2iOpeDYCBIaCA-w
With the shatter build I go alone (and die) and with a warrior stunlock (a bit easier).

in Mesmer

tyrone.5974

Thank you all for the feedback. I got runes of the traveler and adjusted some things. Rocking the pu and it’s amazing.
Couple more things , I run 3 zerk 3 knights, I hear tons of people running rabid. What are your takes on that ?

Hopefully ill get a video out soon for my roaming.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Rabid is for Condition focused builds.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Or hybrid.
15powerrangers

in Mesmer

Kirec.2394

I think everyone should run shatter for a while. It improves your mesmer-ing. I ran it for months and even with a phant/hybrid/PU build there are play aspects you can pick up from shatter that help a ton. You’ll learn positioning, when to use what shatters, when to use blurred frenzy, etc. It’s much less forgiving than typical “roaming” builds (though I have no experience with full condi), and can be much more fun as a consequence.

This build is more or less what I ran, swapping sword for focus (before traveler runes gave a speed boost, I used centaur + focus for perma-swiftness and stomp-guarding). Staff is clutch for shatter, as you need to be as slippery as possible.

in Mesmer

tyrone.5974

I ran the shatter build for a long time and death was always happening lol. People that so run it still run a lot of toughness in terms of jewelry. The pu build has been amazing. There are so man variations to this class that’s why I love it.

I started my journey to ascended items as well. Going for zerk stats on most, stacking toughness on everything to me seems a bit overkill. You will be possible to kill but deal no dps.

in Mesmer

Kirec.2394

I ran the shatter build for a long time and death was always happening lol. People that so run it still run a lot of toughness in terms of jewelry. The pu build has been amazing. There are so man variations to this class that’s why I love it.

I started my journey to ascended items as well. Going for zerk stats on most, stacking toughness on everything to me seems a bit overkill. You will be possible to kill but deal no dps.

Yeah, it’s a right of passage, haha. Zerk shatter is tricky, but fun. I’ve been pretty happy with (ascended) zerk amulet, back, and rings with 2x cavalier accessories. Zerk weapons (exotic). Full rabid armor set gives plenty of toughness once you dump points up to PU.

If I were to go back to shatter, I would likely go knight’s for the crit-inefficient pieces (head, chest, legs). One misstep and it’s splat city with nearly full zerk. Hybrid PU is considerably more laid-back, haha.

in Mesmer

tyrone.5974

So im rocking sword pistol and GS….. looking for sigils,,, i was doing bloodlust acc and percep but wondering what others use.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tdopun.7439

tdopun.7439

Just starting out on mesmer, it wouldn’t hurt to take a look at Osicat’s or Seven Mirror’s builds. They have enough builds out there that it may help you come up with your own based on some of their original ideas.

Fort Aspenwood – [BLNT]
IGN: Nax The (Pseudo|Gearhead|Paladin|Afk|Plague)

in Mesmer

tyrone.5974

For the most part I have gear/ traits down. Im just curious on Sigils what others use.

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

So im rocking sword pistol and GS….. looking for sigils,,, i was doing bloodlust acc and percep but wondering what others use.

I use the same weapon combo, i use sigil of battle (3 stacks of might for 20 seconds on weapon swap in combat) in both main hands, and then sigil of accuracy in offhand pistol. In my build i’m constantly swapping weapons so in most fights I can keep a consistent 9-12 stacks of might up. My build also takes advantage of clones inflict bleed on crit so the extra crit chance helps.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB