Mesmer Phantasm 20% dmg nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

I assume this thread is for PURE entertainment right?
The guys saying mesmers are OP can’t be serious right? You guys sure have a weird sense of humor.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I assume this thread is for PURE entertainment right?
The guys saying mesmers are OP can’t be serious right? You guys sure have a weird sense of humor.

yep welcome to the spvp community before patch, that creates random threads with the goal to get another class nerfed.

Attachments:

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Because … iunno … learning to defeat your enemy is too much bloody work, or something. I miss the “Old School” gamer mentality, where getting yer kitten whipped meant you came back with new tactics. Instead of “Waah, this is too hard, plz nerf it!”

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Mesmers are very hard to kill, near perma invul + stealth + teleport + cc + moa + etc…

Wait… you’re fighting a Phantasm-Mesmer 1v1?
Why would you do that? :’(

There’s a reason you didn’t see Mesmers at Pax: Once you fight in a group, say tPvP, PMesmers fall apart.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

I hope this is true.
Mesmers are very hard to kill, near perma invul + stealth + teleport + cc + moa + etc… Like a God :/

Ilusionist duelist hits harder than thief unload. Swordman and berserker do not stay far. Spatial surge taking same damage as evicerate, and without cooldown.

Actually a mesmer can easily change the tide of battle :/

May be i am the supreme noob here because i never win an mesme.
NEVER!

Supreme noob it is !

in Mesmer

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

Wow, that was fast. We have very good mods.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Wow, that was fast. We have very good mods.

Ikr? Very good response.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Mesmers are extremely weak in terms of damage in numbers right now… what are you people smoking??? Thieves and warrior spammable bursts……

Only thing keeping mesmer as my favourite class is the “work”/“effort” involved which makes it fun but also versatile because of all our countering/mobility/utilities/survivability tricks and being able to stay at range and melee if necessary… The only way we can win fights is putting in extra effort and using our brains… It has nothing to do with our damage…. other classes spam buttons over and over again to win because they do have the damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away (aka PvP forums):

• Mesmer are OP against power classes
  • Mesmer are weak to AoE spam…

If the meta shifts again towards power/balance, they will become king again.. after all they have the cheapest class mechanic, easiest access to stuns, burst, boon hate, stun breaks, ports, etc… they just lack that condi removal to be in this meta!

x)

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Mesmers are very hard to kill, near perma invul + stealth + teleport + cc + moa + etc…

There’s a reason you didn’t see Mesmers at Pax: Once you fight in a group, say tPvP, PMesmers fall apart.

I go to node and find a mesmer there. What i need to do?
a) Run to other node because i am supreme noob.
b) Fight the mesmer and dye faster than my eye can see.
c) I don’t leave my house alone, because i am a suport class.

But ok.
May be the real problem isn’t mesmers

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in Mesmer

selan.8354

But ok.

jet. we already know how much u hate mesmers.no need to revive this topic and also u have no facts to base such claims on. u write stuff like mesmer is op or i see mesmer , i run, but u totally fail at telling us what the problem is, so either a troll or blind hate towards us, because u havent found the right build for yourself or have to improve.
if u feel we are sooooo op, go ahead, make a mesmer choose a build here and see for yourself.
then lets see that permainvul,cc, moa, superclone beast u have

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: aleks.5473

aleks.5473

But ok.

A support build wants to take a point from a point holder well this says it all

Shadowsong Bg, Zagorka bg – r61
Champ mesmer, engy, rangar, necro, guardian, warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

If anet have any common sense, they won’t do something that big. They had betas for balancing and they significantly decreased phantasms opness since then. Nerfing 1y after game’s release is taking a *$&$ on all mesmer players because its our class defining skills.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

I hope this is true.
Mesmers are very hard to kill, near perma invul + stealth + teleport + cc + moa + etc… Like a God :/

Ilusionist duelist hits harder than thief unload. Swordman and berserker do not stay far. Spatial surge taking same damage as evicerate, and without cooldown.

Actually a mesmer can easily change the tide of battle :/

May be i am the supreme noob here because i never win an mesme.
NEVER!

Lol… Time for the negatives of mesmer… Mesmer has no blast finisher other than “torch” which is useless anyways. We have no water fields “mantras suck at 5 aoe limit” , conditions EAT us alive… No real reliable condition removal unless specced for it, even then its 2 condis every 10seconds+2 second cast and it’s really not worth wasting a slot for null field because you don’t ever stand “still” when fighting so its pretty annoying.

We are very slow you need centaur runes to keep up with any other class “even if using focus”, we have no decent stability traits/skills “mantra doesn’t count since its like 1 second”.. Must I go on?

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

True, let’s talk about how crappy weak Mesmers are:

• Confusion only for 3s, compared to other classes 5s+. And we’re supposed to be the Confusion class.
  • Have to destroy damage to cause other damage. Class mechanic lowers damage output.
  • No blast finishers except one bugged one which doesn’t work as a result.
  • No water fields.
  • Very little condition cleansing.
  • Mantras. Don’t need to explain that one.
  • No perma-swiftness without using up all rune slots.
  • No +25% speed signet.
  • No ranged power mainhand.
  • No cleaving condition mainhand.
  • Can only cause Bleeding and Confusion at all, and Bleeding is RNG.

So, JETWING, what do you say to this?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

• Can only cause Bleeding and Confusion at all, and Bleeding is RNG.

You forgot about burning from staff, which is random too though.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Meh, if I include the staff we can cause a few more, but they’re all as reliable as looting two precursors from Claw.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

But ok.

Then i would say the problem is YOU. Easy to dodge Phantasms that do all there damage, a bit of sustained pressure then they fall apart. Of course some people refuse to learn about a class, learn when to dodge, when to interrupt they would rather just walk up to a class sneeze at them and deal 100,000 damage in a 100,000range. which is unblockable

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

It’s 1/3 vulnerability that makes them unreliable. I’d be more okay with poison. We know that chaos can posion. Hundreds of affected asura near thaumanova can’t lie on this matter.

bah, anet won’t listen like they always do

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

To be honest, I don’t even mind that part. I mind when people talk about the Staff attacks as if they always cause all attacks at the same time (it’s the same with Chaos Storm, “Causing mass AE interrupts” – yeah, right). :P

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

Causing random mass ae interrupts, that’s for sure. I don’t mind some chaos rolling, but when I need to act like randomnumberite zealot to get what I want each time I press button, this turns out silly, like horses taking over the world. Or playing condition mesmer.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

To be honest, I don’t even mind that part. I mind when people talk about the Staff attacks as if they always cause all attacks at the same time (it’s the same with Chaos Storm, “Causing mass AE interrupts” – yeah, right). :P

well what they usually do is, open up wiki and go down the whole list of our abilities. but they ignore that most of them are traits and u cant have all traits at the same time, a lot of dumb rng based skills and utility skills which they think we all use at the same time.

that’s how statements like: What?u have problem with speed? well u have a speedbuff: Compounding Celerity…erm, requires an illusion=target…..

people look at wiki and think all of that is soo op, but never even tried he class.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

What, mesmers don’t run 30/30/30/30/30 with 12 trait slots open in each trait path so they can use I through to XII?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Mesmer

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Causing random mass ae interrupts, that’s for sure. I don’t mind some chaos rolling, but when I need to act like randomnumberite zealot to get what I want each time I press button, this turns out silly, like horses taking over the world. Or playing condition mesmer.

Staff is crap for mesmer now after chaos armor nerf, #1 very slow attacks, #2 meh.. #3 orb is so slow a dead horse could dodge it, #4 meh… #5 only decent thing for staff with a huge cool down its not worth it.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression