Mesmer is not as fun anymore.

in Mesmer

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

I had so much fun with my mesmer in these 2 days I haven’t had for a looong time. Tried different builds and they worked very well, tried even shatterer in dungeons and it’s super fun, ofc it’s not the most effective build for dungeons, but it’s still perfectly fine and fun in most situations.
Too bad anet will nerf shatterer and maybe other stuff and pve will be boring again, just like it happens every time pvpers are not happy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Sounds like a serious case of the whines to me. As I’ve said several times today; crying for nerfs and claiming the class isn’t “skilled” enough doesn’t make you cool.

If you don’t feel challenged please go away. I’ve waited years to be able to play shatter effectively. It’s idiotic to encourage ANET to nerf Mesmer when we have seen they are likely to trash anything we find effective anyway.

Please just leave and play something else.

No, you merely waited years for your shatter build to be OP.

It WAS effective all along, and was used by high-level competitors ALL THE TIME (Some teams even utilize TWO of them). You didn’t care about Mesmer, you care about having an easy time of being OP.

Keep crying and mocking everyone here for “destroying your good time of being OP”. The nerf is inevitable if most people agrees it’s OP. Also, everyone has the right to post as long as it doesn’t break the forum roles. You have no right to ask people to leave.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I had so much fun with my mesmer in these 2 days I haven’t had for a looong time. Tried different builds and they worked very well, tried even shatterer in dungeons and it’s super fun, ofc it’s not the most effective build for dungeons, but it’s still perfectly fine and fun in most situations.
Too bad anet will nerf shatterer and maybe other stuff and pve will be boring again, just like it happens every time pvpers are not happy.

if Anet nerfs it.. then they should nerf all other classes that gotten damage buff as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I find it wonderfully ironic that people complain about how thieves and such constantly QQ about mesmers to get us nerfed, when in reality those same people are the ones making the loudest cries for nerfs against their own class!

I guarantee you that searching through the posting history of people in this thread would reveal complaints about how thief crying gets us nerfed. That these same people are crying louder than thieves to get themselves nerfed just bewilders me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

shatter dmg is totally fine they need to scale down the pu duration its stupid shatter dmg is same as it has always been takeing aeay dmg will break mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I don’t want Mes nerfed. I want the class to provide me with a decent challenge that is both fun to play and play against. The current Mes isn’t either. It’s nowhere near as difficult to do well now, your build does more of the work than it used to.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

I don’t want Mes nerfed. I want the class to provide me with a decent challenge that is both fun to play and play against. The current Mes isn’t either. It’s nowhere near as difficult to do well now, your build does more of the work than it used to.

I’m not in accord to PU nerf. but lets say ok.. Nerf PU? ok…fine.. as long they up toughness, armor & vitality so we can survive.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ays.3265

Ays.3265

I can’t tell if many of the mesmers here are in some kind of emo insecurity vortex about finally being a viable class or if they are really just other classes trying to pose as mesmers. I really liked playing a class that no one else played but what I like more than that is seeing my skill be rewarded. How frustrating it was to log so many hours playing shatter… learn the class in and out only to win maybe half the time – and then jump on a shoutbow warrior and spend 20 minutes learning the basics and win 75% of the time. Yea the mesmer took much more skill to play but now it is finally paying off and hipsters are complaining their class is becoming too mainstream all because noob players can actually get a kill and are not just paper dolls anymore…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I think we have some rangers on the forum who don’t like that their easy kill longbow 2 stopped working as well.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

I think we have some rangers on the forum who don’t like that their easy kill longbow 2 stopped working as well.

Now that…………I Agree. XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Thank you teegees. Make mesmer difficult again so others can go back to their other professions.

Translation: Make Mesmer completely unviable on all gaming formats again.

How this is something people want, idk. Frankly, I’ve been having a lot of fun on my Mesmer. I still get ganked by a Thief if I’m not careful, though I feel like the match up isn’t as lopsided anymore. Guards/eles have emerged as consistently being highly threatening. Engis are still engis. Our necro match up isn’t as strong as it was before.

I finished off playing some power shatter, and we are still as have glaring weaknesses that any class can take advantage of.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Yep, the only potentially overpowered mechanic that we currently have is confounding suggestions, and I’ve got a proposal that would modify it to be more balanced across different ranges of engagements:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Confounding-Suggestions-Suggestion/first#post5204814

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

I’m sure there’s room to tone a couple of things down after the dust has settled, but I have absolutely no complaints about my new-found ability to punish lazy play without burning up all my own resources to do so. That just seems, I dunno… perfectly reasonable.

Now I feel like I can put most of my effort into doing something fancy instead of just getting my damage up to a respectable level.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

(edited by ASP.8093)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Mesmer build options and effectiveness have been so consistently kitten for so long that when they’re suddenly something else…you have no idea how to react.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but Mesmer requiring 10x more effort to accomplish what everyone else could do didn’t make it better or more fun…it just made it non-meta and aggravating to play. Now we’re getting a reward more appropriate to the effort we put in, and some deluded mesmers are asking for nerfs. It boggles the mind.

You can’t scream for buffs all the time and then turn around and ask for nerfs after you get buffed. Stupid threads like this are one of the reasons mesmers never get nice things.

^ This, after facing unneeded nerf after nerf, we are finally back where we should be, no other class has face the level of single minded persecution that Mesmer has. What should happen is that all loyal Mesmer players should take a leaf out of the whingers here, go to another classes forums and all make post after post, bleat after bleat, thread after thread about that class and cry for nerfs… Pathetic really, a lot of the people who cry here are all recent Mesmer players who have no idea about the struggle and skill it took to excel at Mesmer, and have enjoyed the face roll of classes such as Thief, guess what, not once have the majority of loyal Mesmers calls for nerfs, we just adapted, improvised and overcame, not because it was fair, but because we just manned up and did it. I for one hope there are no nerfs, and everyone dries their princes eyes and cry yourselves to sleep on your kitten shaped pillows.

(edited by Cares Less.9631)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Funny that everyone is complaining about power shatter combo mirror blade/dodge/mindwrack and that’s… pretty much identical to what you had before… If you still play domi/dueling/illusions, the build is pretty much the same, the big difference in damage is that you don’t need to waste points in condition duration (domi) and condition damage (illusions), so your playing in full zerk gear gives you this “amazing damage” with the same identical combo you used before.

It was broken before, it’s fixed now. Stop calling for nerfs for kitten sake.

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

Yeah… PU for ever… XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

I’m playing a sword/sword staff lockdown variant specced into inspiration for survival and condi clear and to poop out phantasmal defenders like theres no tomorrow. I take mirror, blink, mantra of distraction, mimic, and mass invis.

I love it. It just flows, and with the kiting potential of a double blink and low cd staff blink it just feels so fluid. I love it. Even thieves find it hard to keep up because theyre not used to fighting classes that are just as fast as they are and can teleport as much as they can. I finally dont have a sense of dread fall over me when Ive got a good theif on my tail.

While I think at this point in time ALL damage, direct and condi based is a little overtuned on everyclass and PUs stealth uptime encourages selfish playstyles with not a lot of counterplay, I think our power traits, especially interrupt and shatters, have a synergy that we have never seen before.

Please dont kitten that up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eastwooder.7819

Eastwooder.7819

Finally, after finally being able to ENJOY mesmer someone cries “nerf this, nerf that, nerf nerf nerf”. Seriously, all classes across the board got many improvements, so let us ours!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Mesmer build options and effectiveness have been so consistently kitten for so long that when they’re suddenly something else…you have no idea how to react.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but Mesmer requiring 10x more effort to accomplish what everyone else could do didn’t make it better or more fun…it just made it non-meta and aggravating to play. Now we’re getting a reward more appropriate to the effort we put in, and some deluded mesmers are asking for nerfs. It boggles the mind.

You can’t scream for buffs all the time and then turn around and ask for nerfs after you get buffed. Stupid threads like this are one of the reasons mesmers never get nice things.

^ This, after facing unneeded nerf after nerf, we are finally back where we should be, no other class has face the level of single minded persecution that Mesmer has. What should happen is that all loyal Mesmer players should take a leaf out of the whingers here, go to another classes forums and all make post after post, bleat after bleat, thread after thread about that class and cry for nerfs… Pathetic really, a lot of the people who cry here are all recent Mesmer players who have no idea about the struggle and skill it took to excel at Mesmer, and have enjoyed the face roll of classes such as Thief, guess what, not once have the majority of loyal Mesmers calls for nerfs, we just adapted, improvised and overcame, not because it was fair, but because we just manned up and did it. I for one hope there are no nerfs, and everyone dries their princes eyes and cry yourselves to sleep on your kitten shaped pillows.

Fun facts:
1. Before the patch the most common candidate of people crying for nerf is toward ranger and thief.
2. Ranger and Necro suffers WAY WAY WAY more than Mesmer ever could have imagined, like more than 2 years of being literally unviable, proven by statistic in almost all game modes. (Well, at least Necro is good at WvW, but Ranger is bad at ALL game modes. PVE Meta= Ele, Thief, War, Guardian, Mesmer. WVW Meta = GWEN and “sometimes” Mesmer. PVP Meta = WEETG and “sometimes” Mesmer)
3. If you test at something and find anything OP of other classes, feel free to post there instead of trying to justify the currently OP build. It is a very VERY weak argument.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in Mesmer

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

I don’t get it. Mesmer for once is strong again. There are balance problems and I haven’t tried powershatter yet but interrupt seems mostly fine if you compare it to prepatch metabuilds for other classes (thief, guard, warrior). It’s still countered by stability unless you get lucky or the target doesn’t cover it.

But if you want to nerf something, remove every stealth skill from the game. Pls?

Btw @ Toxsa: Mesmer wasn’t in the PvE Meta for a long time outside from a few areas where reflect is strong.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

Tell me people aren’t surprised that Mesmer was the class to attract all the Hipsters?

“Oh my class and build? It’s so underground … you probably haven’t heard of it.”

… I tease :P

……. mostly.

I’m one of those you should hate. Played Mesmer and Ranger at the start but wife took Mesmer so I just stuck with ranger. She eventually gave up on mesmer so I decided to go back to it finally, just before all the changes hit. I can tell a remarkable difference though I can’t decide WHICH VIABLE SPEC TO PLAY!!

It’s an embarrassment of riches.

hehe good post. I sort of think that may actually be true. The mesmer has been the underdog or outcast for some time and that’s what brought some “charm” to it.

And yea it was the hipster profession lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

Fun facts:
1. Before the patch the most common candidate of people crying for nerf is toward ranger and thief.
2. Ranger and Necro suffers WAY WAY WAY more than Mesmer ever could have imagined, like more than 2 years of being literally unviable, proven by statistic in almost all game modes. (Well, at least Necro is good at WvW, but Ranger is bad at ALL game modes. PVE Meta= Ele, Thief, War, Guardian, Mesmer. WVW Meta = GWEN and “sometimes” Mesmer. PVP Meta = WEETG and “sometimes” Mesmer)
3. If you test at something and find anything OP of other classes, feel free to post there instead of trying to justify the currently OP build. It is a very VERY weak argument.

1 is true
2 is almost true. Both necro and ranger had their moments of wide use and popularity in pvp before cele builds became viable. Don’t get me wrong it was over the course of months but almost every class has had their own cycle of popular use. Also those two classes didn’t start out really good like mesmer did and get nerfed into mediocrity. They started not great and finally became viable just to be nerfed again.
3 I don’t understand what you think is op about mesmers right now. CS is too strong for an adept and PU allows for even less counter-play (although condi got nerfed). These are really the only complaints worth having about the current mesmer, going on how everything has played out thus far. If you think our damage is too high you haven’t played against any good guards/eles because they can take us out surprisingly quick as opposed to pre-patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I must commend you guys, not many classes are as honest that theirs has become face roll/easy/what have you. I think they forget that you don’t have to be on a super hard class to be a great player (look at Anas Tarcis on Warrior for example or Callahan IE when he did GW2 roaming Vids)

I have a new grown respect for the mesmer community.

Tell me people aren’t surprised that Mesmer was the class to attract all the Hipsters?

“Oh my class and build? It’s so underground … you probably haven’t heard of it.”

… I tease :P

……. mostly.

I’m one of those you should hate. Played Mesmer and Ranger at the start but wife took Mesmer so I just stuck with ranger. She eventually gave up on mesmer so I decided to go back to it finally, just before all the changes hit. I can tell a remarkable difference though I can’t decide WHICH VIABLE SPEC TO PLAY!!

It’s an embarrassment of riches.

hehe good post. I sort of think that may actually be true. The mesmer has been the underdog or outcast for some time and that’s what brought some “charm” to it.

And yea it was the hipster profession lol

It is funny, with how many Engineers play at the top level, you’d think Engineer was one of the most popular classes, and yet on any infograph, Engineer and Mesmer usually tie for lowest played class.

I found this really weird tbh. They are both weird classes no doubt as far as mechanics go, but I just found it interesting to mention.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Forsaken.4215

Forsaken.4215

I used to respect and admire good Mes players…not so much now. I no longer wish to play this class because the challenge is gone. You know something is wrong when I feel more skillful playing a Skull Crack Warrior than as a lockdown. I think the main culprits are IP being baseline and CS being so good now. Hit one daze and you’ll probably hit them all. Oh, and all the extra blind.

The burden of skill used to be on the Mesmer but now I think it’s the opposite. I’m pretty bummed.

Playing a lock down warrior is for noobs sorry

Compared to what lockdown Mes is now it feels like rocket science in comparison. Also, hard to top the satisfaction of hitting a Crack and following with a 100b that deals 20% more damage AND you get quickness at 50%. Shame there’s little reason to bring one when Mes is so easy and strong now.

I know but it has to be like that until spec comes out :P

kenjutsu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

I’ve played Mesmer since GW1, and this update is the best thing to happen to Mesmers since the GW1 update on May 21, 2010, which finally, after five years, made Mesmer a viable profession in all game modes. Here we are again, it having only been three years this time. Mesmer feels great now. Versatile and strong, but certainly not overpowered when taking into account the buffs other professions received. This is how Mesmer should always have been, and unsurprisingly, the same man was behind both changes. Thank you for everything, Robert. You did good, both times.

Imagine my disgust, then, to see a topic like this, which seems to be filled with people wanting a “special snowflake” merit badge for having played Mesmer back when it was little more than a Feedback/Time Warp button in PvE, and a two-gimmick developer injoke in PvP. If you are one of these people, you do not love Mesmer as a profession, you only love yourself for playing one because it was weak. If you find personal validation in playing underpowered aspects of games, please find it elsewhere, in single-player games perhaps.

Thankfully, Jon Peters has made clear that only small tweaks to the new status quo are coming. The new Mesmer is here to stay, so if you don’t like it, you are best served to find some other profession or game where your quest for hipster credibility can be satisfied. As someone who follows fighting games, I can assure you there are plenty of underpowered and underrepresented characters in that genre for you to feel special about playing.

(edited by Arshay Duskbrow.1306)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

MEsmer is high bcos after 2y traits works togheter…
-we got Perma fury
-we got access to easy tack up 25might
-Access to 25 Vuln
-And trait that make 25% vuln dmg 37% dmg
Thats why Mesmer dmg fell huge ie:
Halting strike is 900dmg
But after few rupts its will crit for 6/7k dmg

The only Thing to nerf is PU with passive boons, and CS as long range insta stun on demand that let you do pistol>ileap combo too easy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

I’ve played Mesmer since GW1, and this update is the best thing to happen to Mesmers since the GW1 update on May 21, 2010, which finally, after five years, made Mesmer a viable profession in all game modes. Here we are again, it having only been three years this time. Mesmer feels great now. Versatile and strong, but certainly not overpowered when taking into account the buffs other professions received. This is how Mesmer should always have been, and unsurprisingly, the same man was behind both changes. Thank you for everything, Robert. You did good.

Imagine my disgust, then, to see a topic like this, which seems to be filled with people wanting a “special snowflake” merit badge for having played Mesmer back when it was little more than a Feedback/Time Warp button in PvE, and a two-gimmick developer injoke in PvP. If you are one of these people, you do not love Mesmer as a profession, you only love yourself for playing one because it was weak. If you find personal validation in playing underpowered aspects of games, please find it elsewhere, in single-player games perhaps.

Thankfully, Jon Peters has made clear that only small tweaks to the new status quo are coming. The new Mesmer is here to stay, so if you don’t like it, you are best served to find some other profession or game where your quest for hipster credibility can be satisfied. As someone who follows fighting games, I can assure you there are plenty of underpowered and underrepresented characters in that genre for you to feel special about playing.

Amen. To see a post like this is a slap in the face to every other mesmer who does not want to go back to the “status quo” before this trait revamp.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scapper.4236

Scapper.4236

Lol, it’s alright will all change for sure then we complain again!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Considering the insane burst that pretty much every class is putting out at the moment I’m going to guess Toxsa and PistolWhip havn’t actually loaded up the game since the patch and just want to troll mesmers for no reason. But thats theif players for you, their free lunch has been taken away and even with the crutch of stealth and no weapon cooldowns they might have to learn how to actaully play the game.

In regards to the actaul mesmers who are asking for nerfs just so they can be the ‘hipster class’ it pretty much confirms what I said after the original incarnation of the mesmer trait revamp came out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jordy.1436

Jordy.1436

I think we also have to consider that these or all initial reactions. Who knows how things will play out when the dust settles, i for one am curious to find out

in Mesmer

PistolWhip.2697

Considering the insane burst that pretty much every class is putting out at the moment I’m going to guess Toxsa and PistolWhip havn’t actually loaded up the game since the patch and just want to troll mesmers for no reason. But thats theif players for you, their free lunch has been taken away and even with the crutch of stealth and no weapon cooldowns they might have to learn how to actaully play the game.

In regards to the actaul mesmers who are asking for nerfs just so they can be the ‘hipster class’ it pretty much confirms what I said after the original incarnation of the mesmer trait revamp came out.

I told you in another post. I don’t play Thief anymore , it is also stupidly broken atm, but Mesmer is the worst.

But what can I expect in terms of PvP balance from someone who thinks a user name defines the class they main. I suppose Levetty is a skill somewhere on the Mesmer class?

This is from actual mesmers I know, not just my feedback, and I didn’t believe it. They actually worked to convince me of how broken the Shatter is atm by showing me.

EDIT: Also, you are dimming the light which is the high opinion I have of the mesmer Community after this thread.

Then again, you are just one pleb, and if you really need the crutch that is the current broken variant of mesmer to win (with exception of against thieves) then maybe you should “L2P”?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

At Toxsa, WvW Pirate Ship meta called, they want to remind you that all the OP Necro’s says hi…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The mesmer and ranger forums are basically Stockholm Syndrome central.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I told you in another post. I don’t play Thief anymore, it is also stupidly broken atm, but Mesmer is the worst.

But what can I expect in terms of PvP balance from someone who thinks a user name defines the class they main. I suppose Levetty is a skill someone on the Mesmer class?

This is from actual mesmers I know, not just my feedback, and I didn’t believe it. They actually worked to convince me of how broken the Shatter is atm by showing me.

I really don’t care what your hot join heroes think. Load the patch up, play some games, get steam rolled by every class and then jump on the forums and cry about how every class is OP and needs nerfed. Either that or actually learn to play and maybe try mixing your builds up to counter everybody else.

Either way stop trolling and trying to derail mesmer threads.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Big Boss.5206

Big Boss.5206

+9001

This profession community is sickening.

A lot of people here have the subconscious condition Psychological Reversal. You all are used to being treated like Bantha Fodder so when you are finally treated equally like everyone else….you want to go back to being treated like Bantha Fodder.

So STOP making all these QQ and Nerf threads. Everyone knows over time, things are going to change. All these threads are going to do is to send Mesmer back to the stone age where we were before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I’ve played Mesmer since GW1, and this update is the best thing to happen to Mesmers since the GW1 update on May 21, 2010, which finally, after five years, made Mesmer a viable profession in all game modes. Here we are again, it having only been three years this time. Mesmer feels great now. Versatile and strong, but certainly not overpowered when taking into account the buffs other professions received. This is how Mesmer should always have been, and unsurprisingly, the same man was behind both changes. Thank you for everything, Robert. You did good, both times.

If you follow fighting games, then you should understand.

Imagine if EVO was won by Dee Jay in SF4, or Donkey Kong in smash bros melee, or Carl Clover in Blazblue (guanglai if you’re reading this I will totally body you with Carl, Relius, or arakune mark my words) or Ferra-Torr, ect.

You already know that there is a certain type of player that enjoys playing characters that are harder to pick up than others, whether because they’re underpowered or just hard to use. There’s a certain satisfaction, a certain hype when these characters win their matches because without them the world is full of Yuns and Fei longs. (And narutos… -_-)

I’m fairly certain that I can confidently say that no one that plays Mesmer as a main isn’t happy for the buffs. And few Mesmer want to go back to how things were. This thread, to me, is more of an expression of regret at how easy Mesmer is to play compared to before, almost as if the buffs took away some of the complexity and sophistication of the class.

It should’ve been expected, but I think veterans who feel this way -myself included- feel it mostly because of being used to being hamstringed. Someone said before it’s like before we were playing with one hand behind our back and now we’re finally playing with both. I think nearly all the changes are pretty fair, especially compared to the boosts other classes got, but it’s strange how easy shatter and lockdown feel now that Mesmer finally got what it deserved.

Edit: (Uh.. Did Jon Peters say this before or after they cut Maimed in half?)

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

This thread is insane, like seriously this is just crazy. Yes probably the vulnerability + the new GM buffing MW is a boost in dmg, but only if you are full glass.

As people said, and as everyone knew, CS was going to be stupidly powerful combined with the above, but there are very reasonable ways to deal with this, as have been suggested.

Crying for nerfs… I just…wha?

Edit: Also yes following up on what Chaos said above, it’s not like the changes made mesmers faceroll, the class just actually kinda works well now, shocking I know.

“Hey I don’t have to bend over backwards to have a baseline level of functionality on my class now, hmm, this is weird.”

The benchmark for mesmer “skill” just went up is all. It used to be lower because it was so hard to just have a minimal level of effectiveness relative to other classes. Now if you want to feel great on a mesmer, just go for it and do better then you ever could before. Wishing it was hard like before so you can go back to feeling good about managing to do anything in a match before you were downed by a thief is weak.

(edited by MSFone.3026)

in Mesmer

PistolWhip.2697

I told you in another post. I don’t play Thief anymore, it is also stupidly broken atm, but Mesmer is the worst.

But what can I expect in terms of PvP balance from someone who thinks a user name defines the class they main. I suppose Levetty is a skill someone on the Mesmer class?

I really don’t care what your hot join heroes think. Load the patch up, play some games, get steam rolled by every class and then jump on the forums and cry about how every class is OP and needs nerfed. Either that or actually learn to play and maybe try mixing your builds up to counter everybody else.

I am not trolling I was here commending the Mesmers for having the balls to admit it.

I love how you assume I have gotten steam rolled by anything. I derive how mesmer is op from how easy it is to kill people on it, it is literally effortless. Not fighting it.

But like I said, maining a mesmer for years means nothing in your eyes, so my friends and there thousands of games don’t matter, because you need the crutch of this patch to play. Seriously if you weren’t killing people before this patch, you were just god awful at Mesmer, and now with this Patch it is easy for a lot of people on the class.

Anyway, enjoy your burning home, A dev already said they are gonna tone down damage, and I’d be surprised if it didn’t include the instagib shatter.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I am not trolling I was here commending the Mesmers for having the balls to admit it.

I love how you assume I have gotten steam rolled by anything. I derive how mesmer is op from how easy it is to kill people on it, it is literally effortless. Not fighting it.

But like I said, maining a mesmer for years means nothing in your eyes, so my friends and there thousands of games don’t matter, because you need the crutch of this patch to play. Seriously if you weren’t killing people before this patch, you were just god awful at Mesmer, and now with this Patch it is easy for a lot of people on the class.

Anyway, enjoy your burning home, A dev already said they are gonna tone down damage, and I’d be surprised if it didn’t include the instagib shatter.

You keep saying this but every class is pulling off crazy things at the moment because everything got massivly buffed, all the traits got reworked and stats on gear have been buffed with more combinations. If they outright remove shatter mesmer you are still going to be killed in seconds by Ranger rapidfire, condie engies, cele eles, etc.

The fact that you think its only Mesmer just proves you are a bad theif who is upset that he finally has to learn how to play against Mesmers.

I don’t even play power shatter, I’ve been messing about with a Chaos,insp,illusion build with settlers amulet. What combination of that is power shatter?

(edited by Levetty.1279)

in Mesmer

PistolWhip.2697

Then again, you are just one pleb, and if you really need the crutch that is the current broken variant of mesmer to win (with exception of against thieves) then maybe you should “L2P”?

You keep saying this but every class is pulling off crazy things at the moment because everything got massivly buffed, all the traits got reworked and stats on gear have been buffed with more combinations. If they outright remove shatter mesmer you are still going to be killed in seconds by Ranger rapidfire, condie engies, cele eles, etc.

The fact that you think its only Mesmer just proves you are a bad theif who is upset that he finally has to learn how to play against Mesmers.

For goodness sake, I don’t play thief, if you aren’t even gonna read and just mash your keyboard through your rage then what is the point of this exchange?

I know everything is broken right now in some way but Mesmers are the worst by far. Closely followed by thief and 14 stack burning Ele.

Condi Engi and Guardian sound stupid as well from what I hear, but honestly from all the feedback here, and on the game I have gotten, the consensus seems to be Mesmer is the priority nerf by just a bit.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Mesmer

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

To the pvp’ers, it appears that the pvp environment is drastically different from the pve environment, more so than any other class. Apparently, in pvp the mesmer is so overpowered that they demand nerfs. This negatively impacts those of us in pve who would like to feel powerful like everybody else does. I don’t understand how the two environments could be so totally disconnected from each other, and so much more so than any other class.

in Mesmer

PistolWhip.2697

To the pvp’ers, it appears that the pvp environment is drastically different from the pve environment, more so than any other class. Apparently, in pvp the mesmer is so overpowered that they demand nerfs. This negatively impacts those of us in pve who would like to feel powerful like everybody else does. I don’t understand how the two environments could be so totally disconnected from each other, and so much more so than any other class.

It is funny actually, PvP is all about the damage too at this point in time, very much like PvE.

Actually PvE seems the best place after this patch and after years of PvP only really, I may just start doing PvE.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Mesmer

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Props for using “hipster” and “special snowflake” in the same post.

Tragically hip, and very special.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

For goodness sake, I don’t play thief, if you aren’t even gonna read and just mash your keyboard through your rage then what is the point of this exchange?

I know everything is broken right now in some way but Mesmers are the worst by far. Closely followed by thief and 14 stack burning Ele.

Condi Engi and Guardian sound stupid as well from what I hear, but honestly from all the feedback here, and on the game I have gotten, the consensus seems to be Mesmer is the priority nerf by just a bit.

You are right there is no point to this because your solution to the problem that every class has been massivly buffed and people need time to figure out builds and counters is to nerf Mesmer (I checked your post history like you told me too, you aren’t trolling the other profession forums about their really strong builds).

Fine kitten it, nerf Mesmer. Then when a Ranger kills you nerf Mesmer again, an Engie drowns you in conditions nerf Mesmer, having internet problems nerf Mesmer, get a flat tire nerf mesmer, a naked Necro with no traits equipped kills you just delete Mesmer from the game.

Personally I’d prefere to get better at the game and try out new builds and see where this patch takes all the classes but then again I don’t have an irrational hatred for one of the classes.

in Mesmer

PistolWhip.2697

You are right there is no point to this because your solution to the problem that every class has been massivly buffed and people need time to figure out builds and counters is to nerf Mesmer (I checked your post history like you told me too, you aren’t trolling the other profession forums about their really strong builds).

Fine kitten it, nerf Mesmer. Then when a Ranger kills you nerf Mesmer again, an Engie drowns you in conditions nerf Mesmer, having internet problems nerf Mesmer, get a flat tire nerf mesmer, a naked Necro with no traits equipped kills you just delete Mesmer from the game.

Personally I’d prefere to get better at the game and try out new builds and see where this patch takes all the classes but then again I don’t have an irrational hatred for one of the classes.

Because mesmer just sticks out to me the most at the moment. Trolling isn’t criticism/observation mate, you’re taking this all way too personally.

They just need to tone some things back on mesmer.

Plus, I felt encouraged to be honest here due to the acceptance and humbleness of mesmers on this thread, if I went to the thief boards and told them they were over the top as well atm what do you think they would say?

Go on, have a guess.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Well I guess thats as close as you are going to get to admitting you are singling out Mesmers for no reason even though everybody has got equal buffs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

Well got your wish. Nerfs for Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Yep, hope y’all are happy. Chaotic dampening got nerfed into a shadow of its former self, and power block got a massive and completely uncalled for slash to its damage.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Time to finally buy GTAV and get in on the online I guess. At least I havn’t bought HoT.

in Mesmer

PistolWhip.2697

Well I guess thats as close as you are going to get to admitting you are singling out Mesmers for no reason even though everybody has got equal buffs.

But I’m not, they are just the most broken. That is why they warrant singling out ATM AND they are, or at least I thought they were the most gracious enough to comment on.

If you are hellbent on driving home that you’re community is in fact not open to criticism, then okay, you win.

Time to finally buy GTAV and get in on the online I guess. At least I havn’t bought HoT.

Enjoy.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT