Mesmer need movement speed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

I know theres focus, some random chances to get that buff, etc etc etc
But why cant I get this from one of my utilitys, or a trait?
My main point is, lot of other classes have tons of mobility stuff while I cant chase my opponents without sacrifice for example, my pistol for a focus. Nor run away… I can stealth, teleport on small distance but I just cant run like almost every other class.
If Im talking non senses please teach me what u guys do about that situation.

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

Right now you are either stuck with using focus, centaur runes, or finger aerobic, camera jerking sillyness with the staff’s #2 skill, sword #3, and blink.

Focus is decent with a boon duration build, but any other option is a bit little ridiculous for the investment required. Not everyone want to use a focus, and so movement speed is a well-known issue for mesmers that many of us hope will get addressed by the devs.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

@Wrath, Its down to trating, gameplay and gear but mesmer correct setup is the one of the fastest classes in and out of combat in game, and in my opinion the absolute hardest to chase down. Still ofc, offered a free speedbost I would accept it, I think it would be op thu to add even more speed to mesmers.

I do thu think we a bit stuck with eather centaur or air runes. If they added passive speed to give other rune option it would have to be on the cost of something else.

Sword/sword staff insane mobility vid:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=H4Iz8XI_Jg4

Mist 2.0, Maximum speed and mobility spec

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9wISv7079c&feature=plcp

/Osicat

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mouhappai.5406

Mouhappai.5406

Thanks Osicat, just what we need to prove that Mesmers make entire builds to run a little a faster, while thiefs just need a signet and run faster forever. -.-

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

It’s really just out-of-combat mobility that sucks. While in combat, I’m hard pressed to think of a class that outshines the mesmer. Perhaps that’s the trade-off.

But don’t get me wrong. I would still like some sort of speed-granting utility so I don’t feel tied to the focus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I pulled the trigger on buying a set of Centaur runes and haven’t looked back. It would be a huge usability boost for us to get PermaSwiftness more naturally but you can get around it by wasting your Rune slots.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

I pulled the trigger on buying a set of Centaur runes and haven’t looked back. It would be a huge usability boost for us to get PermaSwiftness more naturally but you can get around it by wasting your Rune slots.

That’s not an option for me as my runes are the only thing giving me defensive stats. I’m hard-pressed to change accessories because I’m using ascended gear and I don’t want to change my armor or weapons because I have a limited amount of fine transmutation crystals left.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

I’ve been playing a GS/S+F Guardian lately and kitten they can’t run for kitten. In the end, you most likely have to swap weapons when you’re OOC for swiftness so I don’t think Mesmers have the worst end of the deal when it comes to lacking ooc movement speed. But keep complaining, as it’s the one thing Anet will listen to and make a priority for future changes (cough confusion cough).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garr.1823

Garr.1823

I do thu think we a bit stuck with eather centaur or air runes. If they added passive speed to give other rune option it would have to be on the cost of something else.

Other classes don’t need centaur runes or something like that for nice run speed. That’s a huge WvWvW advantage of them, so they use runes that give them combat superiority.

And yes, this applies to WvWvW only, i have no problems (and even a need in run speed, lol) in SPvP.

(edited by Garr.1823)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NerfedWar.8749

NerfedWar.8749

Can’t see any reason not to give mesmers a signet with a speed enhancing passive (and the usual mediocre active). It’s offset by the need to drop another useful utility, a decision other classes need to make.

(edited by NerfedWar.8749)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darwin Iznang.1342

Darwin Iznang.1342

I don’t have a problem with other Mesmers wishing for options to increase out-of-combat movement speed, but I really hope that Anet leaves the Focus as it is. I like it very much as it exists.

Win 10 64bit | i5-4670K | ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb @ 1866Mhz | ASUS GTX 970 | Kingston 240 GB SSD

in Mesmer

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I’m pretty sure a traited focus + traited blink is superior out of combat mobility over straight perma-swiftness (though I admit some classes have perma 25% speed/swiftness plus movement skills, still making mesmer subpar in that area).

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Other classes don’t need centaur runes or something like that for nice run speed. That’s a huge WvWvW advantage of them, so they use runes that give them combat superiority.

And yes, this applies to WvWvW only, i have no problems (and even a need in run speed, lol) in SPvP.

Other classes don’t have the amazing versatility and ability to spec into practically every style of gameplay.
You want to tank, go for it, check out Pyro’s Immortal build, you want to harass, there are amazing amounts of mobility, invis builds out there, you want to damage, we have that too, did I mention we can perma lock down opponents, burst damage, heal support and the only class that can effectively make a golem mobile and do more damage.

I’m happy to lose out on a perma speed boost and keep the versatility and multitude of different ways to play a mesmer. Were not one of these classes that has post after post on their forum about a single build…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Other classes don’t have the amazing versatility and ability to spec into practically every style of gameplay.
You want to tank, go for it, check out Pyro’s Immortal build, you want to harass, there are amazing amounts of mobility, invis builds out there, you want to damage, we have that too, did I mention we can perma lock down opponents, burst damage, heal support and the only class that can effectively make a golem mobile and do more damage.

I’m happy to lose out on a perma speed boost and keep the versatility and multitude of different ways to play a mesmer. Were not one of these classes that has post after post on their forum about a single build…

Then they nerfed confusion, and suddenly the latest osicat build was all there was…

Anet: Mission Complete.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

@Wrath, Its down to trating, gameplay and gear but mesmer correct setup is the one of the fastest classes in and out of combat in game, […]

No chance. Mesmers are missing movement skills, the only one is blink for 900/1200 distance on a high CD. The fastest profession (traited) is warrior, the second fastest (traited as fast as an untraited warrior) is thief. Then the ele will make the race, the guardian follows. How can the mesmer be one of the fastest classes then?
I’m talking about out of fight mobility, infight mobility is great when having a staff offhand.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

If you have a power based build, try Runes of Centaur,

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu

in Mesmer

Dub.1273

And still, a warrior without swiftness would be faster than a mesmer with perma swiftness.

Dub | [rT]

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Then they nerfed confusion, and suddenly the latest osicat build was all there was…

Disagree, not one Mesmer in AVTR is running Osicat’s build, and yet we still own at WvW. (got some nice vids going up this weekend

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah the confusion nerf hit a lot of builds very hard.i do miss it a lot but i am trying out new stuff all the time and gotta say, glam was the most fun for me and i din’t care that i could barey kill siege or deal regular dmg..i was happy to deal confusion only and didn’t mind the long skill cooldowns.. but lets see what the future brings…maybe an opportunity for a ton of new viable builds and new condition builds

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

My main point is, lot of other classes have tons of mobility stuff while I cant chase my opponents without sacrifice for example, my pistol for a focus.

But we have plenty mobility between our Blink, Portal and our stealth abilities, already. Yes, it doesn’t help in raw OoC-movement, that is true. But if we were to just add 25%-33% movement speed, would we get a nerf to Blink’s distance or CD in turn?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

How would everyone feel if they switched Temporal Curtain and Veil?
Not saying they should do it, just a “what if” kind of thing. How would it impact you?

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Hrm, it’d be weird to have Veil on the non-stealth weapon Focus is right now. Plus a 90s CD would be ridiculous for a weapon skill. 40s max, but then Veil isn’t exactly powerful enough to warrant it’s 90s CD in the first place with the bugged duration and all.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

The lack of OoC passive speed boosts is what has kept me from leveling my mesmer every time I try to play it. I like moving fast and being able to blow by enemies when I’m going somewhere without entering combat and being slowed to a crawl.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

we should have ‘’chaos speed’’ signet OoC you have a 25% increase like every other class while an animation that leaves a trail of butterflies behind you

in Mesmer

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

We have teleport, blink, and we can use the focus, plus runes of air or centaur.
With a signet of speed mesmers will be REALLY op, imho.

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

@Wrath, Its down to trating, gameplay and gear but mesmer correct setup is the one of the fastest classes in and out of combat in game, […]

No chance. Mesmers are missing movement skills, the only one is blink for 900/1200 distance on a high CD. The fastest profession (traited) is warrior, the second fastest (traited as fast as an untraited warrior) is thief. Then the ele will make the race, the guardian follows. How can the mesmer be one of the fastest classes then?
I’m talking about out of fight mobility, infight mobility is great when having a staff offhand.

I played Warrior, Thief and Ele → still faster: Ranger. You may wonder but you got 25% Movement Signet, Swoop on a 12 sec Cooldown untraited and if you wield a Sword in the off-hand you have another crazy good skill called hornet sting followed by Monarchs leap. All you have to do is turn your camera 180 degrees which is easy since it is a shortcut.

Back to mesmer:
Anyone tried Compounding Celerity? (faster movement for each illusion)

in Mesmer

Posted by: bobross.5034

bobross.5034

we should have ‘’chaos speed’’ signet OoC you have a 25% increase like every other class while an animation that leaves a trail of butterflies behind you

Its funny…on my thief, I always have that signet up. On mesmer, I would never use it. I’m happy to trade sword offhand for focus, but focus is so versatile. What utility would you leave out for a perma speed-boost? Would you lose blink? Would you drop decoy? How about feedback? There are so many amazing utilities that it is hard to pick just 3, a signet speed boost would never see play in my builds. I suppose you could make a glass-cannon build that focuses exclusively on mobility. And then people would complain about the OPness…aside from that one example, it wouldnt see much play, so why bother?

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Like every other class, those being Ranger, Elementalist, Necromancer and Thief.
Before someone pokes me about Swiftness-availability, read the text I quoted!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Honestly, I’ve come to think it’s not an issue with the Mesmer, so much as an issue with the OOC movement speed in the game. The movement just feels more natural at about a 30% increase. Almost everybody tries to get that as close to 100% as they can, regardless of profession.

That means sacrificing rune slots for Mesmer, and Guardians running around with an extra weapon they may not use in their build just to get from place to place.

To use ANet’s question, “is it fun?”

in Mesmer

Dub.1273

I played Warrior, Thief and Ele -> still faster: Ranger. You may wonder but you got 25% Movement Signet, Swoop on a 12 sec Cooldown untraited and if you wield a Sword in the off-hand you have another crazy good skill called hornet sting followed by Monarchs leap. All you have to do is turn your camera 180 degrees which is easy since it is a shortcut.

Back to mesmer:

I wonder how 25% movement instead of 33% and two 12 second leaps at (600?) range can make the race vs 600 range each 10 seconds, 900 range each 8 seconds, 1200 range each 16 seconds and 900 range each 30 seconds. Would be wonderful if you could demonstrate that ingame/with a video running ooc from poit a to point b.

Dub | [rT]

in Mesmer

Assassin.7890

I played Warrior, Thief and Ele -> still faster: Ranger. You may wonder but you got 25% Movement Signet, Swoop on a 12 sec Cooldown untraited and if you wield a Sword in the off-hand you have another crazy good skill called hornet sting followed by Monarchs leap. All you have to do is turn your camera 180 degrees which is easy since it is a shortcut.

Back to mesmer:

I wonder how 25% movement instead of 33% and two 12 second leaps at (600?) range can make the race vs 600 range each 10 seconds, 900 range each 8 seconds, 1200 range each 16 seconds and 900 range each 30 seconds. Would be wonderful if you could demonstrate that ingame/with a video running ooc from poit a to point b.

Loading up a demonstration vid of my ranger

in Mesmer

Assassin.7890

For me, that works out pretty well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

I must be playing a different game.

Running with the Mesmer Commander in WvW, they drop that speed strip for allies to run across. Is it as good as my ranger’s 25% buff? Not while out of combat. Yet I lose my 25% when I enter combat but you can still use that strip.

However, I believe this is just casual running. I’ve seen mesmers who are being chased become impossible to catch up with except by thieves and other mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Yeah.. I’m not all that convinced we really need a movement speed buff. Our combat mobility is great, and we can do so many other things so well that being one of the slower out-of-combat classes seems like a frivolous complaint IMO. Most cases our allies can buff us, we can use the runes or focus, and if I’m not mistaken a traited Blink is mostly as good as RTL (ride the lightning) used to be.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

The Mesmer already has a ton of movement in combat, and in the case of traveling, you can change to focus by equipping it from your inventory. Just double click the focus, use Temporal Curtain, and then equip your former weapon again with another double click. Easy. I can see why people want a 25% movement speed signet for the Mesmer, I would like that for my Guardian as well, but it’s not needed at all.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

in Mesmer

Dub.1273

Movement speed is not just about swiftness. It’s about leaps – and even if a mesmer would have perma 33%it’d still be one of the slowest professions.

@Assassin: impressive, still i see warriors (and traited thieves) a bit faster.

Dub | [rT]

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

Try telling someone who loves jumping puzzles that mesmers don’t need out-of-combat speed buffs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Savant.5276

Savant.5276

Simply change Compounding Celerity so that choosing it gives a passive 24% speed buff -that is reduced by 8% per active illusion.

i.e.

No active illusions? Mesmer gets 24% speed buff.
Active illusions? Speed buff is reduced by 8% per active illusion.
Active illusions are destroyed? Speed increases 8% again for each non-active illusion.

Fixed.

(edited by Savant.5276)