Mesmer's Blink.

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harry Foud.1935

Harry Foud.1935

I never understood why mesmer’s blink is not working between places that are not visually connected and it just pops a message “invalid path to target”. I mean it’s a teleport. If I am not mistaken thief’s shadowstep can go almost everywhere. Why aren’t we getting the same with our blinks?

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I’d like it to be improved too. I’ve seen complaints about thief shadowstep not working across gaps and so on. yet to reiterate, warriors have leaps, elementalists can across w ride the lightning for example, engi rocket boots, guardian can sword teleport to target, alot of classes have skills that just overcomes terrain. but maybe bc the teleport are constructed differently there are some glitches such as blinking and clipping through maps and objects. also read someone say once that blinks are set as like run from one spot to another super fast. imagine theoretically we are also not actually leaping up and over to the destination. but technically they could just make it the same skill basis but not show or time a leap animation. it’s just stupid the way it is right now when alot of other classes have leap skills and it is allowed. that said, blink does allow ground targeting whereas u can’t control the distance for leap skills during travel. what I’d like to see also is an ammo system so we can have like two blinks before it recharges or something, like Jaunt or engineer rocket boots etc.

(edited by takatsu.9416)

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Blink isn’t actually a teleport, its just moving you at the maximum game speed from one location to another. This means that if you can’t walk there, you can’t blink there, it doesn’t matter if you can jump there if you can’t walk there.

Blink also has a much larger range than 1,200 on the “effective walking distance” (I think its around 5,000 units?), which is why you can use it to “teleport” across a gap if there is a bridge close-ish that you could have walked down to and then across without jumping.

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It’s a balance thing. Blink can’t cross gaps you’d have to jump, but it can climb up onto certain things that you couldn’t jump to (ie hopping onto a ledge that’s too high to jump but that you could theoretically reach by going around the back), and has longer range than any leap in the game. So some plusses, some minuses, depending on what you’re trying to do with it.

Now theoretically they could intriduce some other power, like a “mirror transit” power, that would be a short range “teleport” that actually functions like a leap, in that you project a mirror to a location exactly 600 range or less in front of you, and then invisibly and instantly “leap” that distance, but then it would have the same limitations of other leaps, in that it would have shorter range, and couldn’t adjust for elevation, so if you tried to use it to move higher than you started, you’d just smack into a wall.

what I’d like to see also is an ammo system so we can have like two blinks before it recharges or something, like Jaunt or engineer rocket boots etc.

That is exactly what Jaunt is. Why would they make two Jaunts?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

That is exactly what Jaunt is. Why would they make two Jaunts?

They wouldn’t and I don’t expect them to haha, but one can dream!

Isnt Jaunt a leap btw? I can’t remember

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Jaunt is classified as a shadowstep according to its description.

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

My biggest issue with mesmer’s blink, has always been how badly it screws you over in WvW.

You cannot, for some reason, cleanly blink around/past broken walls in keeps/smc/towers/etc. Whatever calculation they’re running, the game just doesn’t allow it.

That has literally gotten me killed on more than one occasion, and it’s very frustrating.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

You cannot, for some reason, cleanly blink around/past broken walls in keeps/smc/towers/etc. Whatever calculation they’re running, the game just doesn’t allow it.

I’d guess they designed it “better safe than sorry” in terms of pathing so that players couldn’t accidentally glitch through unbroken walls. Annoying, but better than the alternative.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

They wouldn’t and I don’t expect them to haha, but one can dream!

Isnt Jaunt a leap btw? I can’t remember

Jaunt works exactly the same way as Blink only it has shorter range and doesn’t break stun. You still get the other Blink benefits though like channeling while blinking or climbing up obstacles.

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qontem.8592

Qontem.8592

I never understood why mesmer’s blink is not working between places that are not visually connected and it just pops a message “invalid path to target”. I mean it’s a teleport. If I am not mistaken thief’s shadowstep can go almost everywhere. Why aren’t we getting the same with our blinks?

Not too often do I sign in, but give this a read:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/How-we-actually-blink-pure-beauty

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Blink operates at the same limitations as shadowstep. It’s just that thieves have way more teleports so you notice the failure a lot less.

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

Not too often do I sign in, but give this a read:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/How-we-actually-blink-pure-beauty

That’s actually pretty cool.

Mesmer's Blink.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

My biggest issue with mesmer’s blink, has always been how badly it screws you over in WvW.

That has literally gotten me killed on more than one occasion, and it’s very frustrating.

Walls and blink are natural enemies in WvW. I did some testing and indeed, you mostly can’t blink “through” an broken wall, even if there’s an obvious gap. But that’s just the beginning !!!
When the wall is up, and you defend, blinking to or out off the wall top is random at best “out of sight”. Even blinking from one end to the other can give the “out of sight” message.

That’s for blink, though most of teleports are the same. A fix would be deeply appreciated.