Mesmer was only nerfed

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Wow… So you completely ignored my legitimate reasons why mesmer is used viably within multiple game modes in this game and yes GvG is not a announced game mode but it is one of the only things that keep wvw play alive and interesting, because it’s not just GvG’s that mesmers are used it’s also guild raid roaming which is sort of a method of gameplay used to for the WvW game mode, but you know it all so I’ll stop spilling logic.

Just stop playing mesmer please. You make good ones look very bad. The incessant whining is so ridiculous, the difference between you and the top tier mesmers that currently play is that none of those mesmers are here on the forums kittening and whining, why? They adapt. That’s the difference between good players and whiners. Adaptation vs crying.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

lol trust me i played mes in gvg in wvw in every single game mode and i have played them pretty much since headstart. sorry but there is barely anything left from what mes used to be. and no we dont even use mes anymoer in gvg’s. once ina while they want a shatter mes but thats it.everything else mes is going bottom of bottom. if they would at least fix the bugs then id see the light….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

blitzkrieg.2451

lol trust me i played mes in gvg in wvw in every single game mode and i have played them pretty much since headstart. sorry but there is barely anything left from what mes used to be. and no we dont even use mes anymoer in gvg’s. once ina while they want a shatter mes but thats it.everything else mes is going bottom of bottom. if they would at least fix the bugs then id see the light….

What, all of the top tier GvG guilds use atleast 2 mesmers in their snipe group – that is a fact because it works extremely well in conjunction with thieves to snipe out targets. I know plenty of good mesmers who are in those very guild groups and would tell you flat out how effective mesmer is in their role in the makeup of their composition. If you want to talk about professions with no representation in wvw for gvg/guild roaming, look at engineer or ranger but I won’t go there because then we’d be going off topic.

The truth is, regardless of this sword bug fix, mesmers are still represented in top tier gvg / guild roams in wvw. mesmers are still great in wvw roaming and besides thieves you can say they’re arguably one of the best wvw roamers still. mesmers are represented in top tier pvp (one even is currently in arguably the best tpvp team that exists right now out of both NA and EU combined) , mesmer is still good in pve. The amount of backlash because of this bug fix is silly in that people continually say mesmer is just not viable. Do shatter mesmers need more survivability? Yes. Do mesmers need bug fixes elsewhere and still need pathing bug fix on ileap? absolutely, but this crying and whining is kittening stupid. The amount of mis-information being spread because of anger about a bug fix is insane.

Maguuma

(edited by blitzkrieg.2451)

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

That’s the thing that makes me sad. I actually could have lived with this fix if atleast beforehand they would have fixed the crazy pathing issues this skill has. I mean it fails to activate way too often on certain terrains… and it’s been over 2 years with this problem persisting and something tells me it’s not gonna get fixed for a long time still.
The bugs on the mesmer are just becoming flat out annoying after playing it over 2 years.

People are backlashing because they are tired other bugs that have been around since launch, that hamper the skills functionality, get ignored but then they decide to fix these types of bugs, as if a completely buggy unreliable skill was even that op to begin with.

(edited by Deim Hunir.8503)

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

selan.8354

lol no we dont we use necros thief squad and maybe 1 mes for veil at the start in a lot of guild that are good in gvg. and im in tier 2 so yeah. thief>mes. maybe in 20v20 u can afford 2 mes but in 15v15 u use maaaaybe 1 mes and 2 thieves a couple of eles and the rest is heavy train. but honestly engi is taking over the ganking in gvg’s lately way more with the thieves.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

selan.8354

That’s the thing that makes me sad. I actually could have lived with this fix if atleast beforehand they would have fixed the crazy pathing issues this skill has. I mean it fails to activate way too often on certain terrains… and it’s been over 2 years with this problem persisting and something tells me it’s not gonna get fixed for a long time still.
The bugs on the mesmer are just becoming flat out annoying after playing it over 2 years.

yeah the main thing that bugs me is that we have soooo many ai related bugs and before they even fix them they make a change to ileap that noone has really complained about. just fix the bugs

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Shattered concentration and portal – the two pillars keeping mesmer afloat in pvp.

Taking Sw/x plus something (GS or Sc/x for example) – 4/4(0/0/6) requires assistance from the team to survive because 12s BF cooldown means you will get hurt.

2/6 has no great way of busting bunkers, but stands up a little better in solo survival and vs thieves because of 9s BF.

Now ileap is borderline useless, how is this acceptable? Please don’t say roll staff + gs.

I can appreciate its role in “high level” tpvp, but the fact remains this is the only, very specific spec that is made to work by good players – it is standing on a house of cards at the moment.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Adaptation vs crying.

I would never adapt to being utility bot. Sorry. I want to kill. Not to support others killing. I was healer far to often in other games. Now I wanted to kill. Took mesmer, cause he was “supreme duelist and stuff”….and duels is not a viable game mode…and in everything else u have to be utility bot. thx anet and obama.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

blitzkrieg.2451

lol no we dont we use necros thief squad and maybe 1 mes for veil at the start in a lot of guild that are good in gvg. and im in tier 2 so yeah. thief>mes. maybe in 20v20 u can afford 2 mes but in 15v15 u use maaaaybe 1 mes and 2 thieves a couple of eles and the rest is heavy train. but honestly engi is taking over the ganking in gvg’s lately way more with the thieves.

What guild would ever use engi in a gank group? What the kitten lol. I watch [Agg] play consistently. They run 3 mesmers at times but usually 2 in their gank with 2 thieves. I watch [NS] gvg consistently, they the same. I watch [EP] gvg consistently they the same. [Ark] is the same. Similarities between these? All top tier GvG guilds. [Agg] is probably the best GvG guild in the game currently and arguably with [NS] as they’re sort of neck and neck. They run multiple mesmers in their gank. Please don’t try to spill mis-information. Just because some random kittenty guild is running 1 mes and decided to run engi doesn’t automatically make it viable or good. Also, necros belong with the train because wells are op to counter train, and the warriors peel while guardians blob – what necro would run with the gank, and what guild would put an engi in their gank? Wow

Maguuma

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

blitzkrieg.2451

Shattered concentration and portal – the two pillars keeping mesmer afloat in pvp.

Taking Sw/x plus something (GS or Sc/x for example) – 4/4(0/0/6) requires assistance from the team to survive because 12s BF cooldown means you will get hurt.

2/6 has no great way of busting bunkers, but stands up a little better in solo survival and vs thieves because of 9s BF.

Now ileap is borderline useless, how is this acceptable? Please don’t say roll staff + gs.

I can appreciate its role in “high level” tpvp, but the fact remains this is the only, very specific spec that is made to work by good players – it is standing on a house of cards at the moment.

Shatter mesmer needs buffs in more sustain somehow, mostly condition removal that can synergize well with the standard shatter trait setups because any condition removal you can get traited makes you sacrifice either alot of damage from either spectrum whether its in domination or illusions. PU is fine and phantasm builds are fine aside from the AI bugs of course, but as they stand as tested builds, they’re fine. Any mesmer having issues playing as PU or phantasm AI related build literally just needs to get good, I get it with Shatter mesmer because it is one of the highest risk builds you can run in this game at the moment, but it works when played right but still needs condi removal sustain but keeping it’s dmg / boon stripping utility (it is a team spec, not a 1on1 spec after all).

Maguuma

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

the difference between you and the top tier mesmers that currently play is that none of those mesmers are here on the forums kittening and whining, why? They adapt. That’s the difference between good players and whiners. Adaptation vs crying.

Funnily enough most of the top tier Mesmers I know have whined quite a bit about this and most of them stopped using sword before this update, now they have just deleted their swords.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Crying? I don’t think so.

Adaptation? Probably that’s the key. Perhaps there are good few mesmers tired of adapting all the time.

Adapting to have iBerseker broken for months.
Adapting to see some of our main source of damage doing nothing sometimes and not attack the structures.
Adapting to see how iLeap fails when you have a snail in front of you.
Adapting to…
Adapting to… ,etc… And the list of things that do not work still growing.

I’ve seen good mesmers quitting the game recently. Good players that have been adapting themselves since now. But each one have a limit and if you raise your view, there are other good games with less bugs in the horizon.

Anet is free for fix what they want and when. We are free of choose what to play too.
Perhaps they need to start thinking about what to do to keep players in this profession, which is becoming less appealing.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

@blitzkrieg, Just because some guilds use Mesmers doesn’t mean its optimal. E.g., our damage is terrible compared to that of a roaming Warrior/Thief, who has way more reliable gap closing/Shadowstep abilities and CC, than our iLeap and Blink mechanics. And no, a Shatter build isn’t necessarily a team-spec, get your head out of the sand, it can be just as much a 1-on-1 build. And no again, it doesn’t need more sustain in terms of condition removal, we can do that plenty on our own through our various Utility Skills that is about removing conditions.

Portal is practically useless outside of s/tPvP, besides of course porting people who are terrible at jumping. In some situations you can use it after hiding inside enemy structures in WvW, but that’s a lot of fun, right? Running in and standing around, waiting for several minutes, while your friends run around actually.. you know.. having fun fighting people. Stop touting it as this amazing thing over and over. I wish it was, but it is impossible to find fun/good use for a skill with a 90s CD and a really short 10s window once activated, in anything but s/tPvP to control the points (yawn.. boring PvP game mode is seriously boring).

You also need to understand that people are upset over the fact that we have complained about another issue with iLeap for over a year. The clone in most cases simply does not want to reach your requested target. Because it see a shiny pebble on the ground, or get winded as it see a slight elevation difference. It will either spawn stationary, staring your opponent down, before slowly running casually over, or it will zip about 1/3rds of the way before stopping, standing still and staring at your opponent (or perhaps that shiny pebble), before casually resuming to run slowly over. Nobody, has complained about Mesmers swapping to the location where a clone had been killed. I have never seen anyone complain about that. Plenty of complaints have been made over the terrible pathing of this skill however. And they don’t fix it. They fix something nobody has requested. Something so minor and hardly what I would consider to be a bug. It’s ridiculous, and insulting.

Personally, I don’t care about the change, in 90% of the cases where I use iLeap, or I mean the 5% of the times it actually works, the clone is still alive, it’s not a big deal in that sense for me. I do however find it really angering that they didn’t fix what is blatantly broken, but something nobody has ever cried about. I will still love my Mesmer, because I love the active gameplay I get out of it. But it’s frustrating to see ArenaNet do nothing about actually fixing our class-issues, and it sucks knowing that whatever I do, I am always going to be a weaker version of some other class. This game has no class identity, everyone can do everything and a few classes do everything really well, it’s a bit meh. I want the good old Hexes back. That’d be better than these paper health clones mechanics.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Shatter mesmer needs buffs in more sustain somehow, mostly condition removal that can synergize well with the standard shatter trait setups because any condition removal you can get traited makes you sacrifice either alot of damage from either spectrum whether its in domination or illusions. PU is fine and phantasm builds are fine aside from the AI bugs of course, but as they stand as tested builds, they’re fine. Any mesmer having issues playing as PU or phantasm AI related build literally just needs to get good, I get it with Shatter mesmer because it is one of the highest risk builds you can run in this game at the moment, but it works when played right but still needs condi removal sustain but keeping it’s dmg / boon stripping utility (it is a team spec, not a 1on1 spec after all).

I was specifically talking about shatter – PU is of course fine and phantasm fine in its limited use scenario (ie not group fights).

Yes as a side note it would be nice to have some condition removal that synergises well with the usual shatter trait setup, instead of either taking nothing or being forced to give up one of the holy trinity of utilities (blink, decoy, portal (veil for wvw)).

Now with ileap like this, the only decent pvp team friendly shatter is to be pigeonholed into gs + staff and 4/4 with shattered concentration. There is little choice in the matter.

If portal did not exist and (now this is just hypothetical – I am in no way in favour of removing boon strip!) shattered concetration did not either, then mesmer would be completely kittened.

Remove veil also in wvw and it is noticeable how little a mesmer brings to the table.

While this could be currently “acceptable” in that at least we have one way of playing the game, the principle of it is not right and the lack of build variety is also not right.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Sword mesmer is Dead in PVP.
Viva La Staff Greatsword.

Good job arenanet; thanks for adding diversity.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

The reason why this is such an outrage isn’t necessarily whether or not if it was a bug, it’s with how brainlessly it was handled:

• Swag Captain has only been playing Mesmer for a week and noticed the ‘bug’ with iLeap. How did any testing dev miss this for two years? I don’t believe they did. I believe it was intended and the tooltip was misleading.
  • I use this example a lot, but the original concept of “combos” in the first Street Fighter wasn’t intended. It started as a bug players exploited in the game and was such a positive improvement that it became part of the system when Street Fighter 2 dropped. Just because something is a “bug” doesn’t mean it has to be removed, it should be taken into consideration of what the bug is actually doing beforehand.

iLeap’s previous functionality made it a more creative and skill-reliant ability, and now this “fix” encourages spamming it as quickly as possible. I refuse to believe that with things like a bugged out iWarden, Illusionary Elasticity, porting through walls, ileap pathing, and the other 20+ actually crippling bugs we face, that this ileap fix became a real priority. What annoys me is that if any of the balance devs actually played the class they’d see what a silly change this is.

“Bug” or not, they could’ve just as easily fixed the tooltip rather than changing the skill.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

blitzkrieg.2451?? why do you keep talking about things thata re not about the nerf. i dont think this is a general mesmer opinion thread. pretty sure its about our back handed “bug fix”

The quote that comes to mind when i see this again from anet.

“dont pee on my leg and tell me its raining”

such crap to try to sneak this by us and then tell us its for our own good.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

running arah atm. omg…… without that 2nd swap stun break sword mainhand is so much inferious compared to before. F#$#$ anet…….

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

“dont pee on my leg and tell me its raining”

Stealing this. All the ladies will giggle at my wit.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azo.5860

Azo.5860

(change on sword #3)(ve not read any replies of topic yet)

theories what i thought in first.. Why anet could done it?

• 1 Crafting light armors(ascendants) —→ is so expansive —> they trying to decrease demand on light armor items —> Light armor classes:(Nec,Ele,Mes) Mesmer —> [Scapegoat] ``
  • 2 Monarchy/Ignore —> was nothing mentionioned about Sword#3 as a bug before but pleanty, wall of texts of bugs about mesmer --→ They trying to Show of Strength —→ They know everything —> All LIE what they said officially about example.. ``how balances should be include as well from WvW prespective as in Ready Up`` —> ignoring community and adaptation of Large Scale fighting mechanic in gw2 —> They make the rules not community :S
  • 3 Examine —> examine mesmer community reaction about lastly update notes ¿
  • 4 Illiterate —> Anet(who accept that nerf on s#3) is just lacking knowladge and IQ.. if there is no goal of making of this nerf in terms of something..
  • 5 Pushing Build Variety —> they try to make non sword builds more viable —> in zergs —> dont use mesmer for vs Blobs/zergs —> OMG such a holy …. or just stay as veil botting —> mean if i wont have veil i would not have any seats in any guild compositions as eng and rangers how it is more crappy..
  • Above 1+2+3+4 = High end players —> excatly who already turned to Large scale fighting perspective players --→ Commercially —> they ve already stopped buyying gems already —> High end experianced Mesmer Community Crying —> they re intimidating/influencing to who has just started playing gw2 players —> community give bad reputation to mesmer class —> Anet cant adapt mechanic to large scale fighting —> news player profits bigger than experianced players profit (buying gems in cash)… —> if u dont like, gtfo, quit.. as how challenging/competitive gvg style players have already quit from game.. [ask top tiers gw1 gvg players about gw2 play] ahhh.. :P -- QoL —> …
  • s#3 nerf was a role.. they will revert it and againg feel free to honour them self and there will be no revert for primary problems on mesmers nerfs/bugs :S in wvw which already ignored as example above #2 [BF, Glamours, Focus, more more etc..]
  • Anet make s#3 more distinquish for —> push community to could give more constractive feedbacks on iLeap cons.. [changing mechanic of iLeap]
  • Gw2 —> Competition —> sPvP —> nothing more —> Play How ever u like to play —> Casual/Fun/Scrub gaming —> or leave.. kitten . [get the shivers]

first toughts more&less.. god bless us all.. (ramadan here and patch notes made me drink) ighh..

Azolina – Mesmer
“There Is No Shame In Not Knowing; the Shame Lies In Not Finding Out.”

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

blitzkrieg.2451

The reason why this is such an outrage isn’t necessarily whether or not if it was a bug, it’s with how brainlessly it was handled:

• Swag Captain has only been playing Mesmer for a week and noticed the ‘bug’ with iLeap. How did any testing dev miss this for two years? I don’t believe they did. I believe it was intended and the tooltip was misleading.
  • I use this example a lot, but the original concept of “combos” in the first Street Fighter wasn’t intended. It started as a bug players exploited in the game and was such a positive improvement that it became part of the system when Street Fighter 2 dropped. Just because something is a “bug” doesn’t mean it has to be removed, it should be taken into consideration of what the bug is actually doing beforehand.

iLeap’s previous functionality made it a more creative and skill-reliant ability, and now this “fix” encourages spamming it as quickly as possible. I refuse to believe that with things like a bugged out iWarden, Illusionary Elasticity, porting through walls, ileap pathing, and the other 20+ actually crippling bugs we face, that this ileap fix became a real priority. What annoys me is that if any of the balance devs actually played the class they’d see what a silly change this is.

“Bug” or not, they could’ve just as easily fixed the tooltip rather than changing the skill.

People try to make having a guaranteed stun break on a 9 1/2 second cooldown when traited artistic and all about skill ceiling when the reality is that no other class (besides thieves when #2 was a stun break but nerfed a long time ago) has such a low cooldown for a stun break attached to a weapon set. It baffles my mind how people thought this was alright and not bound to be fixed, it baffles my mind also how long it took them to fix such an obvious bug (it didn’t even say stun break in the description but it is). How do people not see how broken the ability was in this regard? Are people THAT biased towards mesmer? Imagine if warrior had a guaranteed stun break attached to it’s weapon set on a 9 1/2 sec cooldown, an engineer, or ranger. You have to think about how powerful it is before just throwing your arms and yelling nerf – it was a very very obvious bug, yes it took them a long time to fix, but it was bound to be fixed. I remember when I first realized it was a stun break and also worked after the clone died (because i asked the question how do you swap places with a clone that’s already gone/destroyed?) and told myself that it would be fixed just a matter of when.

Now that it’s fixed, i really think they need to prioritize the 30+ bugs that are related to the class that have been in the threads since beginning of the game. But it’s anet, they fix only the positive bugs that helps the class and ignore the ones that are extremely detrimental to the class. It’s like that with every class it seems not just mesmer. Horrid balancing , horrid bug fix prioritization.

Maguuma

(edited by blitzkrieg.2451)

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I would have had no problem if the stunbreak was fixed instead. THAT is more of a bug than the clone port.

What we have here, now, is the worst and most unreliable leap of all classes.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

What guild would ever use engi in a gank group? What the kitten lol. I watch [Agg] play consistently. They run 3 mesmers at times but usually 2 in their gank with 2 thieves. I watch [NS] gvg consistently, they the same. I watch [EP] gvg consistently they the same. [Ark] is the same. Similarities between these? All top tier GvG guilds. [Agg] is probably the best GvG guild in the game currently and arguably with [NS] as they’re sort of neck and neck. They run multiple mesmers in their gank. Please don’t try to spill mis-information. Just because some random kittenty guild is running 1 mes and decided to run engi doesn’t automatically make it viable or good. Also, necros belong with the train because wells are op to counter train, and the warriors peel while guardians blob – what necro would run with the gank, and what guild would put an engi in their gank? Wow

Yeah Selan. Realize your opinions are not blitzkrieg’s, and therefor any views you hold are the wrong ones. All guilds blitzkrieg rates are the very best and any you’re in are just some random kitten guilds. Please realize the master is in the room and bow down.

Blitzkrieg’s growing arrogance aside. My guild runs a mesmer or two in our pick team. It’s pretty standard practice to use a veil before initial engagement. Shatter’s good burst but personally I don’t think it’s the best option. The best pick team is about composition and you can do better than a standard shatter mes imo.

But who cares. None of this changes the fact that iLeap needs revision. That the clone needing to be alive for swap is a bad choice. That the mechanic conflicts with other mesmer features. Tooltips are nothing. Good design choices and a sound view of the meta are what matters.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

a guaranteed stun break on a 9 1/2 second cooldown

They could have removed the stun break. E.g. by making it work like Infiltrator’s Strike or by making the teleport work like Shadow Retreat (which will move you but you stay stunned/KDed/whatever).

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

I would have had no problem if the stunbreak was fixed instead. THAT is more of a bug than the clone port.

What we have here, now, is the worst and most unreliable leap of all classes.

Pretty much.

Calling it a reliable stunbreak is having a bit of a laugh anyway. Decoy is a reliable stunbreak. Blink is a reliable stunbreak. Sword 3 requires divining the future, which is a guess at best, and often just dumb luck.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Azo.5860

@blitzkrieg,

• eng, i already skipped them cuz i am none exp with them and can not see any in atm gvg composition, if early gvg i remember some of them but mostly was experimental or dunno how they used them.. probably personal choice (gvg customization is not same as pvp customization) u gonna use what u ve.. etc..
  • rangers, low effficient to overall guild composition compare to other classes as mesmer.. however mesmer have veil..
  • i am from eu (retired – or passive/slack mode cuz of real life issues and getting lost of hope for offical gvg game mode) and atm if we say best eu gvg guild is TA(who are some mix of already top gvg ranked players [most of them from rg] whom are already done with eu and transfered na) in pure logic or in calculation of overall efficient.. all classes > mesmer, eng, ranger [guess u already have mesmer for veil]
  • calculation in overall efficient is: all other classes make their role better than mesmer (except having unique skill veil) mean for secondary mesmer..
  • if there is a second mesmer its primarly for veil as well..
  • cuz in all spec in gvg ( as perip huntering supporting tanking(train)) other classes make better + differences than mesmer in terms of equal self sufficient skills —> in use of risk&reward..

i am suggestion make offical gvg game mode

• ranks
  • maps
  • free customization
  • structures (as how atm gvg is being make as death match)
  • rewards of being accomplishes
  • 1 server as pvp
  • and others..

then it would be fit.. or play however u like to play if dont like gtfo..

Azolina – Mesmer

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Azo.5860

more over for s#3.. i u wanna talk about wvw(raid/gvg) structured..

it requires experiance(understanding gvg/raid requirements for mesmer) and objectiveness,

• Mesmer —> why he is veil bot?
    - mesmer have veil..
    - veil mean.. in raids example such a op skill.. that can let u win with ambushing enemy.. (is mostly cuz of enemy puggy/scrubby gaming) or in gvg is one of top efficient it can add to your guild composition efficient [compisition can will feel it when it happens to u or to foes]
    - cuz of lacking overall efficient- guess u dont have veil.. what u can do better compare to other classes?? (pls dont say we have reflection i am guessing fair guild deathmatches non PuGed) thief vs mesmers in terms of taking down (dps or burst) or aoe pressure or survivial or mobility or support ¿ ele? staff/dd ? guards ? wars? necros?

tell me mesmer do this better than others and add what he cant do to summary overall efficient to guild composition in how efforts he did or risked already in terms of various rewards..

bla bla bla.. all EMPTY TALKS..

Azolina – Mesmer

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Hi, I’m Ex [Agg], [Ark], and [NS] due to no time to play this game anymore. I can tell you right now every single Mesmer from the guilds you mentioned (I know all of them) are veryyyyy annoyed at this skill getting bug fixed. The clone in gvgs will usually insta die when it gets to your target so pre-patch they were still able to immbo and then burst. Now that the ileap is unreliable a lot of them are trying to figure out if sword is still worth it which is a key reason you take mesmers In gvg (since the immbo sets up the burst from the focus party). Your information is correct pre-patch that agg and NS took multiple mesmers. However, post patch I am not sure how many mesmers NS will continue to run. After all, Blurred Frenzy will kill yourself due to retal and the Ileap is too unreliable to trust now.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swag Captain.5318

Swag Captain.5318

Hmm.. true true.. kitten ed if they do, kitten ed if they don’t. Although my main concern is still MH Pistols (I want it so bad ._.), a buff to the class that’s beneficial without being broken is what’s most important. Leveling a mesmer is a huge nightmare compared to the other classes mainly because of the low Self-Damage Output and having little to no control over your illusions and where they are/when they attack. It wouldn’t be so bad if each one had an autoattack they used before their big hit coolsdown (Phantasmal Duelist, for example, would unload upon spawning, just shoot for low-ish damage after, then unload after 6 seconds.) and if you could give simple orders like “On me!” (Stops attacking and follows), “RUSH EM!” (Melee run in and attack, ranged stops where they are and attacks), and “Disperse!” (Each goes to how they act now). I’d gladly take this over the Shatter mechanic.

To clarify, this idea is a heavily simplified version of the Mastermind from CoH which is what I view the Mesmer as.

This just shows how extremely new to mesmer you are, that you don’t have a clue about the class. Did you even hit 80 yet?

I don’t see how that’s a bad view. I personally do not like the Shatter mechanic mainly because a fair majority of times (for me) the illusions will die before the shatter I need (Diversion) is off cooldown (we’re assuming this is in a situation I need it, such as vets/champs or a group of enemies more than 5). This is usually due to them not being able to move out of the way of large, easily telegraphed attacks and that they just stand there while waiting for their ability to recharge. I play a very defensive style that punishes aggressiveness and therein do not constantly spawn clones. Some people might call it stupid, I call it a different approach.

And no, I’ve just hit 35 since I’ve been running around gathering mostly plus doing the LS and finally getting map completion on my Warrior main.

SCIENCE!

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: DargorV.8571

DargorV.8571

Remember 2 years ago when Mesmer was fun?

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Yes. I miss those days dearly, same with my gw1 mes in the golden days of gw1

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Yes. I miss those days dearly, same with my gw1 mes in the golden days of gw1

Even one year ago would have been fun. Im tired of warden staring contests.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Azo.5860

bah.. it looks like role playing interview..

and what Studio Design Director`s job definition?
problem solving in team environment?

so the problem u ve called can not reach atm pls try again..
—> mesmer have no problem in wvw.. or.. some of things as in above posts..
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Mesmer-was-only-nerfed/4168006

i wanna read this thread.. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/PvX-Balance-Iteration-Wrongdoing/3680985

Azolina – Mesmer

(edited by Azo.5860)

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

iLeap is so sensitive to terrain that this bug felt like a mitigating factor for when it failed. not sure what to feel about that. :P

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Sword 3

Summon an illusion that leaps at your target, crippling them. After the intial leap, the clone will execute the Mind Slash sword chain.

Sword3.2

Swap places with your clone. Immobilize nearby foes.

So if we are going to follow this word for word as to how skills should work, let’s be consistent.

GS2

Throw an illusionary greatsword that bounces between targets, damaging foes and giving might to allies. It creates a clone at its first target

This clone uses GS1 when it doesn’t state it should. Please bugfix/nerf.

Staff 2

Teleport away from your target, summoning a clone that casts Winds of Chaos.

Works without a target so it’s bugged. Anet please bug fix so that it now requires a target. (Let’s ignore IE for now too)

Focus 5

Create a phantasm that attacks your target and creates a defensive bubble, protecting itself and allies from projectiles

LOL attack?

Spear 2

Surge forward, attacking foes in front of you, then teleport back to your starting location, creating a clone.

This skill can actually produce 2 clones. Anet please bug fix.

Mimic

Absorb a projectile attack to be redirect at a foe.

This blocks melee attacks. Anet please bug fix, I don’t want to be OP.

P.Defender

Summon an illusion that redirects half of the damage you would take to itself instead.

This actually redirects dmg from my party and not just me. Anet please fix so that it only affects me.

Sure, it’s a bug. However, if a new mesmer notices this within 1 week, as most of us did when we were new to the game and it’s been around for 2 years, it’s now a feature regardless of if it’s a bug. They could have just as easily fixed the tooltip.

Let’s just look at this patch for example.

Zealot’s Flame: Added an unblockable skill fact.

This attack used to be unblockable when it didn’t say it was. Why did this get a skill fact when we got a “bug fix”?

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swag Captain.5318

Swag Captain.5318

I have been a little irked by the lack of clarity of what some ability’s summoned illusions do. So I do agree that they should add this tidbit of information, at least underneath the ability’s tooltip.

Example:

Phantasmal Swordsman
Creates an Illusion that attacks your foe.

underneath it

Illusionary Swordsman
Leaps to target then returns to original position.

SCIENCE!

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Sword 3

Summon an illusion that leaps at your target, crippling them. After the intial leap, the clone will execute the Mind Slash sword chain.

Actually, they need to fix the tooltip too, the clone doesn’t leap, it dashes and stops on the way if distracted by a strand of grass, pebble or ants. Let’s get it right here.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Sword 3

Actually, they need to fix the tooltip too, the clone doesn’t leap, it dashes and stops on the way if distracted by a strand of grass, pebble or ants. Let’s get it right here.

This reminds me of the beta weekends when we renamed the skill to ‘Illusionary Casual Stroll’.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Consumables-Nerf/page/2#post3532963

The fact that most of these items ever existed is just blatantly a bug. The decision to throw cooldowns on them were for server performance/stability as the patch notes said, not for balance. Period. This was something that was long overdue.

Think of it this way: Between the embers and whistle, those items were effectively doubling/tripling the amount of players active in a map.

The bringer of bad news,
-Bill

On a more just plain sad note. I believe this is the reason that this skill has been nerfed and why were are so buggy. We are the bug.

That patch specifically talked about embers/whistles but if I recall correctly, this was also the patch that caused illusions to be unable to attack other summons or some weird AI problem.

Then the next server optimization patch hit… and stealth insta-killed our illusions. Probably another way to get rid of illusions clogging the server as fast as possible.

Now this patch… get rid of the clone as quickly as possible because saving a spot for a “4th” illusions is more lag.

And that is why I’m done with the mesmer. The balance devs balance for us being bug free and how our skills were intended to work but I’m convinced it is the server optimization guys that work independently of the balance devs to screw over mesmers and I doubt they realize and/or care.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Linda Shors.5629

Linda Shors.5629

Calling it a reliable stunbreak is having a bit of a laugh anyway. Decoy is a reliable stunbreak. Blink is a reliable stunbreak. Sword 3 requires divining the future, which is a guess at best, and often just dumb luck.

Sounds like a nice use of skill to me. And it had its tradeoffs. Root now or later, perhaps break a stun or not.

(edited by Linda Shors.5629)

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Sounds like a nice use of skill to me. And it has its tradeoffs. Root now or later, perhaps break a stun or not.

Or at least you used to be able to. No longer. Post-patch it’s root now, no later. If you wait until later, the clone will be dead, so no stunbreak and no root.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Linda Shors.5629

Linda Shors.5629

Sounds like a nice use of skill to me. And it has its tradeoffs. Root now or later, perhaps break a stun or not.

Or at least you used to be able to. No longer. Post-patch it’s root now, no later. If you wait until later, the clone will be dead, so no stunbreak and no root.

Yeah, I meant had :p

Edited

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Sounds like a nice use of skill to me. And it had its tradeoffs. Root now or later, perhaps break a stun or not.

No argument there. It breaks stuns. It teleports. But it’s not specifically either of those things.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

No argument there. It breaks stuns. It teleports. But it’s not specifically either of those things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wkkgL1cPJYM#t=486

sometimes i wonder anet reacted to this video

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

That sword 3 ability was also very useful as a stun break in wvw and spvp, now they complete destroy it, I guess they want every mesmer to play PU condi in WvW and I hate playing condi classes. This nerf was completely unwarranted.

To be honest it is surprising that the ability wasn’t normalized when they took the stun break off of infiltrator’s strike.

That being said these things happen just means time to adapt or cry enough that the developers give in, but that is a slippery slope.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Honestly, I’m with the faction that mainly has an issue with the bugs ANet chooses to fix.
Hell, what do we have here:

• IMage frigging blows, wholesale.
  • IWarden broken for no real reason
  • Still no IE working with clones
  • An interesting usage of Power Block hotfixed
  • Glamour DOA for months
  • Triumphant Distortion with a ninja’d-in ICD
  • Pathing issues/LOS mechanics that should never have been greenlighted in their extant state

And, of all the things the Devs do, they muck about with iLeap? The thing that ticks folks off is right in front of us. No. Sense. Of. Proportion. The class as a whole is bugged to the bleeding hilt, and there is minimal sign of that status being changed for the better. Hells, yes – folk are perturbed. Why wouldn’t this be the case?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

It’s more than a disconnect, it’s as if they don’t even know it exists. Soon they will delete our npc in the mists like the Ranger one. Pyro you can uninstall now by the way, no need to follow this “class”.

Good lord, I didn’t even notice the Ranger sparring NPC was gone, and I’m always smacking away at them waiting for a match to start.

OH this is not a good state.

\o/

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

i agree with adapt blah blah.. but the problem is that we are being forced into 1 of 2 specs if we want working weapons.. we have a choice of 2h shatter and condi pu pretty much. these may be better or worse then what we had before all these new changes but atleast we had choice.

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

i agree with adapt blah blah.. but the problem is that we are being forced into 1 of 2 specs if we want working weapons.. we have a choice of 2h shatter and condi pu pretty much. these may be better or worse then what we had before all these new changes but atleast we had choice.

I just have to step in and say that Chaotic Interruption is entirely viable as a setup and I run a Celestial Scepter/Pistol + Greatsword CI build in tPvP with great success.

\o/

Mesmer was only nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

This truly is getting ridiculous. And it’s disheartening that there’s no sort of dev acknowledgement for what is very clearly an issue.