in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

!http://i.imgur.com/oCjCWed.jpg?1!

Superior Rune of Perplexity

1) 28 condition damage
2) 15% confusion duration
3) 55 condition damage
4) 20% chance to cause confusion on hit (15 second cooldown)
5) 100 condition damage
6) 15% confusion duration (causes 10 seconds of confusion on interrupt)

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

New Rune for condi mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

If confusion was worth…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

If confusion was worth…

Agreed, but this adds a couple more confusion sources we didn’t have before, so it could potentially add some spice to it. The #6 slot is by far the most intriguing, assuming no internal CD. Problem of course is that you have to “waste” all your rune slots to get the full effects, so I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I don’t need more confusion sources, I want my current ones to be meaningful. My Engineer feels much more like a Confusion class than my Mesmer, because of Pistol #3 and Bomb #3.

I want Cry of Frustration to be meaningful. If it means it gets a long CD, if it means it blocks me from summoning new clones, so be it. But allow it to be a dangerous tool please.
Not an inferior Mind Wrack.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

So I did some dirty testing on this. The confusion is definitely when you hit someone it looks like the base duration is 5 secs and its 3 stacks when YOU hit someone not like the others when you get hit.

The interrupt confusion is 3 stacks for 10 seconds also. I got 3 stacks for 20 secs of confusion. I kind of think they rune is worth it. Just from quick testing.

It doesn’t let you break the 100% condition duration cap like lingering curses for necromancers.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

RUNE is bugged avoid for the time being. Right now when you hit something YOU get the 3 stacks of confusion. I put in a bug report already hopefully it get fixed soon.

Also the new sigil of malice and bursting are the same thing but different crafting disciplines. They both give +6% condition duration(overall condition duration) kind of meh.

The rune of exuberance seems to be pretty good though for people wanting to go tanky.

{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

So I did some dirty testing on this. The confusion is definitely when you hit someone it looks like the base duration is 5 secs and its 3 stacks when YOU hit someone not like the others when you get hit.

The interrupt confusion is 3 stacks for 10 seconds also. I got 3 stacks for 20 secs of confusion. I kind of think they rune is worth it. Just from quick testing.

It doesn’t let you break the 100% condition duration cap like lingering curses for necromancers.

30% from the runes
30% from the illusions trait
40% from food

So in WVW, that’s +100% confusion duration. With duelist + Etheral Fields, confusion on clone death trait and scepter, you could have it up constantly, which even with the lower damage numbers, would be hard to deal with.

Staff + Scepter/Pistol, 0/30/20/0/20 maybe?

- Richard

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

(edited by Asuka Shikinami.5462)

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

30% from the runes
30% from the illusions trait
40% from food

So in WVW, that’s +100% confusion duration. With duelist + Etheral Fields, confusion on clone death trait and scepter, you could have it up constantly, which even with the lower damage numbers, would be hard to deal with.

Staff + Scepter/Pistol, 0/30/20/0/20 maybe?

- Richard

Oh yea I didnt even think of that setup as a possibility. I was thinking with the 20/20/30 setup that many condi mesmers are using now.

Yea with this +trait you can still spec into condition damage via the illusions line and not have to necessarily go into dom.

My tests where with 30 in dom just to see if I could break the 100% cap.

My mesmer has the runes on now but they are bugged (also kind of expensive to make currently) so he will have to sit until they fix it.

{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Been thinking about the following build with these runes:

Dom (0)
Duel (25): V, X
Chaos (25): V, X
Inspir (0)
Illus (20): V, VII

However, does Master of Misdirection still work? It should give 33% longer confusion, but doesn’t show up in the Character Tab.

I’ll miss the CD trait on Torch from Dom, and I’ll certainly miss Prismatic Understanding, but basically trying to create a build with decent survivability, lots of stealth, good confusion damage/duration and lots and lots and lots of ways of applying confusion.

Confusion doesn’t hit as hard as it used to, but taking the philosophy of “the straw that broke the camel’s back” and trying to keep lots of stacks up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bombadil.9285

Bombadil.9285

I have a couple of questions. Can you use these runes in sPvP? Will I be able to craft these runes after the Queen’s jubilee event?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

That is my big question. Will this rune be a sPvP rune? If So mesmer may be juicy for pvp again. But really confusion still sucks.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

Umm I havent looked tbh I can go to the mist to see if they are there.

{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

So is this anet’s way of apologizing for destroying confusion? A rune set that is only minimally better than undead runes?

It’s a shame that glamour builds are dead and buried, this would be really fun to use with them.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Try it with Kylia’s Triforce Build. That might have hella fun results …

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

1) 28 condition damage, 25% Swiftness

/thread!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

So is this anet’s way of apologizing for destroying confusion? A rune set that is only minimally better than undead runes?

It’s a shame that glamour builds are dead and buried, this would be really fun to use with them.

Mmm well I wouldn’t say they are minimally better than undead runes. The 6th piece from undead runes is usually about 70 condition damage which hardly is alot with the way condition damage scales. Here at least you get +30% duration for confusion. Which means you can if you like not have to go into domination and can put the points into illusions. It gives you more flexibility. The 3 extra stacks proc effect can be pretty good with scepter you would proc 8 stacks if the whole channel hits and you proc the effect. With a mage out that would be 11 stacks of confusion with 8 stacks at 10 seconds and another 3 stacks at 6 secs all with out having to go into domination if you build the 100% duration for confusion.

This is just theory crafting off top of my head though. With clone death confusion on top of all shatters apply confusion it basically would be 100% uptime on confusion probably at 5+ stacks in a 1v1 scenario.

Right now the rune is bugged though so I can’t go out in WvW and really test it without killing myself

{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

This rune would be hilarious on a confusion interrupting warrior.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

This is awesome. Can’t wait to try this out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

I have a build in my mind with iMage and iElasticity, it could work.
Dont forget tormenting runes, 7 stacks of torment with increased duration could be outstanding in wvw.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Until they cleanse because conditions are the new meta and everyone (except Mesmers) run condition removal.

Condition necros should have fun with this.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Kinda makes the weapons not typically taken in condition builds more of a viable option. Like Sw/Sw, you’re going to proc on #4 every 15 seconds for sure (BF AoE confusion goodness, anyone??), but also via the new updated daze on couterspell with #6. Definitely a lot of possibilities to consider. Going 30 in Illusions w/iPersona remains the best way to spread AoE confusion – that, coupled with AoE interrupts could be pretty fun to play with. A quick 10 stacks with that combo, AoE, with those long durations? Not too bad. To oZii’s point, not having to take points in dom for condition duration makes things interesting for trying some new things with this rune set (assuming they fix it soon).

I will also say that the #6 slot reads more like a trait to me, but in this case it’s obviously nice for any class which can inflict confusion.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Could I get confirmation that the runes are bugged, and precisely how they are bugged?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

Until they cleanse because conditions are the new meta and everyone (except Mesmers) run condition removal.

Condition necros should have fun with this.

And you reapply it. Skills are meant to be used.
I dont know what weird type of mesmer you are but I definitely run condition removals on my mesmer – melandru runes, traited torch, arcane thievery with reduced cd and think, they also have offensive uses.
We can put so many conditions on a target that it will have a bad time to cleanse torment and other conditions. And if it does, you easily reapply them.

Edit: And dont forget that the two stacks on heal are aoe.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

Could I get confirmation that the runes are bugged, and precisely how they are bugged?

They are bugged I tested these myself. The 4 piece bonus is suppose to apply the confusion to the enemy 20% chance to proc. Instead it applies the confusion to you when it procs.

If anyone has a elementalist its similar to the Glyph of elemental Power bug where you pop it in fire attunement and you would burn yourself when it procc’d.

side note none of the new runes or sigils are in sPvP.

{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: baenz.3812

baenz.3812

I can confirm this.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

I can confirm this.

LOL, well hopefully they fix this quickly.

Confusion specs are my favorite so while I’m glad to see these new runes I will be waiting to buy a set till they fix this.

Regardless, I’m excited for these new runes. It’s exactly what I’ve wanted forever.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Where is the bug report in the game bugs forum? Can someone link it?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Ansau.7326

Lool a rune that puts you confusion hahahahaha

What I said about confusion not being worth it was not because is does no damage, the problem with it is that sucks a little bit when you want to be it as your main source of damage. With the non-sense confusion nerf, they killed a whole way to go for mesmers. In the other hand, it’s a very good second damage option, as people tent to forget about it.

The main problem with this rune is that there’re other options to reach +100% full condition duration, so you’ll have the same effect as this one, plus having double torment, bleeds from sharper images and fire from staff and torch.

The only thing that saves this rune is the interrupt fact. But in a game where skills have very low/non cast time, interrupt scene is very little.

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Maybe it’s by design so you can use Arcane Thievery

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: baenz.3812

baenz.3812

I have created one.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bug-Rune-Of-Perplexity/first#post2569342

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

What I said about confusion not being worth it was not because is does no damage, the problem with it is that sucks a little bit when you want to be it as your main source of damage. With the non-sense confusion nerf, they killed a whole way to go for mesmers. In the other hand, it’s a very good second damage option, as people tent to forget about it.

The main problem with this rune is that there’re other options to reach +100% full condition duration, so you’ll have the same effect as this one, plus having double torment, bleeds from sharper images and fire from staff and torch.

The only thing that saves this rune is the interrupt fact. But in a game where skills have very low/non cast time, interrupt scene is very little.

If you’re getting 100% condi duration you’re doing it wrong.

You’re giving up tons and i mean tons of condi to get 100% duration. Unless you’re fighting the biggest idiots ever you’re better off having more condi power.

No idea why you would try to get 100% duration except for PVE in which case why are you running condi at all for PVE?

I’m just sitting here laughing at people giving up 179 condi for 10% duration. Not to mention the almost 200 condi you get from a 5/6 rune set.

(edited by Godmoney.2048)

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

You’re giving up tons and i mean tons of condi to get 100% duration. Unless you’re fighting the biggest idiots ever you’re better off having more condi power.

No idea why you would try to get 100% duration except for PVE in which case why are you running condi at all for PVE?

I’m just sitting here laughing at people giving up 179 condi for 10% duration. Not to mention the almost 200 condi you get from a 5/6 rune set.

^^ Exactly ^^

And condition removal ruins all the benefits of condition duration.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

I have created one.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bug-Rune-Of-Perplexity/first#post2569342

They responded in your thread hopefully fixed soon so we can go test this out.

Godmoney is spot on. If you can get condition duration and condition damage then thats perfect but you don’t want to go to deep into either but a balance is good.

In a 1h weapon set like scepter/torch I will take 1 giver weapon if I must to get to 75% of whatever condi I am looking to boost. At that point I only need 9 corruption stacks to get back to equal numbers. If I did 2 givers weapons then I need 18 stacks and I hate farming coyote’s just for stacks. I never put them on 2h weapons

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Mesmer

Ansau.7326

http://tinyurl.com/myokqlm
100% duration and 1228 condition damage: Torment – 6234, Burning – 3810, 6s confusion with iMage and F2,10s confusion with Confusing Images and 10s bleeds with Sharper Images.

http://tinyurl.com/k8nhwv5
60% duration and 1875 condition damage: Torment – 6131, Burning – 3187, 4,75s confusion with iMage and F2, 8s confusion with Confusing Images, and no bleeds from Sharper Images to reach that amount of condition damage and equal the numbers.

http://tinyurl.com/m4c2t7s
60% condition duration and 1753 condition damage with points in duel for sharper images: Torment – 5857, Burning – 3065, 4,75s confusion with iMage and F2, 8s confusion with Confusing Images, and 8s of bleeds from sharper images.

First, I don’t see that super OMFG lost of condition damage.
Second, no thanks for that facepalm…

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in Mesmer

Ansau.7326

^^ Exactly ^^

And condition removal ruins all the benefits of condition duration.

Also ruins the confusion duration, so it does not put down my argument…

The same happens when mesmers want more protection duration from PUand they put runes with +20% protection duration rather than +15% boon duration.

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Personally, i find both this and Tormenting to be rather poor choices for Mesmers. we have ONE method of afflicting Torment and its on a poor skill to make it worth while most of the time, has issues with range (doesnt seem to proc on those at range) and the actual skill itself is just Meh.

Think this would be better for classes that have a more reliable access to both conditions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

At least confusion isn’t a threat, so the self inflicted confusion won’t really even hurt you.

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

http://tinyurl.com/myokqlm
100% duration and 1228 condition damage: Torment – 6234, Burning – 3810, 6s confusion with iMage and F2,10s confusion with Confusing Images and 10s bleeds with Sharper Images.

http://tinyurl.com/k8nhwv5
60% duration and 1875 condition damage: Torment – 6131, Burning – 3187, 4,75s confusion with iMage and F2, 8s confusion with Confusing Images, and no bleeds from Sharper Images to reach that amount of condition damage and equal the numbers.

http://tinyurl.com/m4c2t7s
60% condition duration and 1753 condition damage with points in duel for sharper images: Torment – 5857, Burning – 3065, 4,75s confusion with iMage and F2, 8s confusion with Confusing Images, and 8s of bleeds from sharper images.

First, I don’t see that super OMFG lost of condition damage.
Second, no thanks for that facepalm…

Like I said that 100% condition duration build is a joke. 1200 condi damage? Um, lol.

I like the way you use examples with 60% duration………to prove how 100% is stretching way too far.

My comments were in reference to 100% duration. 100% duration is what your post was referencing. Yes, there are lots of specs that can get 20%-60% fairly easily.

100% is way way too much duration and a waste.

PS, all those builds suck for actual confusion application which is best done with a shatter mesmer. If scepter is your only source of confusion then that’s hardly worth using runes of perplexity around.

Runes of perplexity are obviously for shatter confusion builds.

(edited by Godmoney.2048)

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

“4) 20% chance to cause confusion on hit (15 second cooldown)”

Seeing as this is when YOU hit something (when its fixed that is) I wonder if you could be a Phantasm build around that changing 5 and 6 runes for something else. Think 6/6 could have been improved On Interruption isn’t the best i think. I think it would have been better if the Torment on the Tormenting one was based on an attack rather then a AoE after a heal.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Has anyone tested the torment runeset? There is no stated ICD on the 6slot bonus, so I’d love to know what it really is.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Has anyone tested the torment runeset? There is no stated ICD on the 6slot bonus, so I’d love to know what it really is.

Dont think it would really matter, having it tied to a Heal kind of makes it worthless in my opinion. 2 Stacks isnt that great and even worse when its tied to a Healing skill. I think it would have made more sense to make it so that the Confusion one is based on healing yourself and the Torment is when you damage someone.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Dont think it would really matter, having it tied to a Heal kind of makes it worthless in my opinion. 2 Stacks isnt that great and even worse when its tied to a Healing skill. I think it would have made more sense to make it so that the Confusion one is based on healing yourself and the Torment is when you damage someone.

One word: Mantra

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Meh, the Mantra heal is pretty rubbish though. The Heal is tiny unless you take healing stats its like 2,500 per a cast, unless you take the extra cast on mantra trait i dont think it would be worthwhile for 2stacks of torment.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Meh, the Mantra heal is pretty rubbish though. The Heal is tiny unless you take healing stats its like 2,500 per a cast, unless you take the extra cast on mantra trait i dont think it would be worthwhile for 2stacks of torment.

You’re completely wrong about that. I don’t really feel like digging up the analysis now, but the numbers have been crunched before.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You’re completely wrong about that. I don’t really feel like digging up the analysis now, but the numbers have been crunched before.

Time will tell, i still think it should have been Torment on hit, could have even made it on crit and AoE confusion on heal – it just seems to make more sense as Confusion is more of a defensive condition well it would if it did decent/good damage as punishment for them hitting/using skills

in Mesmer

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Even if the mantra heal is slightly less, the fact that you could possibly get some torment on heal sounds wonderful in zerg combat. No ICD + extra mantra casts would be very potent application of torment… that alone could just about double mesmer condition builds dps.

Pyro, if there is no ICD for it yet, I’d say expect one to be slapped on very soon.

Edit: Also, according to game release notes, “Runes of Perplexity now correctly apply confusion to the enemy target instead of the player.”

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

(edited by Richard Nixon.6573)

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I would expect a 10-15second cool down slapped on it sooner or later.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

ICD was just added. Before it was added, you could apply an AoE of 8 stacks of torment with a traited mantra.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

20s ICD. Not like it was appealing to me in the first place. Too good to be true.

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

So how are you guys liking the new rune if you happen to have it?

I didn’t get to actually roam with it much yesterday just did 2 1v1’s was able to keep 5+ confusion stacks pretty much the entire duration of the fight. I changed my normal build a bit to 20/20/25/0/5 to get confusion on shatters, though 25 in dueling might be good also have to retest if that confusion is affected by duration I can’t remember right now.

{Thief}