[OMFG] Beta: The Chronomancer Crusade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

As suggested, nay, demanded by NICENIKESHOE who’s up for some collaborative chronomancy this weekend?

• Would anyone be willing to test/record builds?
  • Must get a 5 Chronomancer team going!
  • Some duels VS the other elite specs.
  • Some WvW videos would be great.
  • Exploring the Verdant Brink (new PvE zone) is a must as well.
  • Bullets are cool, and make you feel cool.

I’m actually considering trying to get a little Twitch going, though I’ve never done that before, but it seems worth it for our first taste of Chronomancer!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I can raid usual time if you want.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Hit me up if you want to do some duels against reaper or tempest, as I’ll be spending most of my time playing around with them, and chronomancer and rev on the side.

Plus its of critical importance to the necro community as to whether the GS will be too slow to hit mobile enemies (like mesmers) and its of criticial importance of the ele community to see how often in practice the overloads will get interrupted.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Hit me up if you want to do some duels against reaper or tempest, as I’ll be spending most of my time playing around with them, and chronomancer and rev on the side.

Plus its of critical importance to the necro community as to whether the GS will be too slow to hit mobile enemies (like mesmers) and its of criticial importance of the ele community to see how often in practice the overloads will get interrupted.

I feel Necro GS is currently lacking utility. It only has one CC skill. It needs another either CC or mobility skill to be good in PvP. But it should be pretty nice weapon in PvE.

Ele overloads skills is probably more useful in a bit larger scale teamfight scenario. Just like churning earth, you see it being used in GvG but rarely in sPvP, let alone dueling.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Sorry, Chronomancer is going to be nerfed badly. I would really love to go and test my builds personally but as I can’t here we go.

Lazy Chrono Kai:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8dnsIClphFqBeoBUrBlUDC9LZf7kDoEBA-T1QBgA3q/s8AAAuAAAA-w
+
Chronomancer traitline: Time Catches Up (adept), Illusionary Reversion (master), Chronophantasma (grandmaster)

Maybe switch Disenchanter for Defender, depending on how condition heavy open world is.

This is just insane, with Signet of the Ether, Signet of Illusions and Continuum Split the shatter pressure even from range is insane. Every full shatter will result in a second full shatter, as both phantasms will respawn and you will generate a clone with the shatter.
Signet of the Ether and Signet of Illusions will work as a complete reset and so will Continuum split.

Can someone test this in open world?

Edit: Wrong link
Edit2: Wrong Domination master trait (shouldn’t do stuff like this while I am in a hurry…

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

Just want to remind some of you theory crafting that signet of illusion will probably NOT reset continuum split.

The tool tip of signet of illusion says recharge Mind Wrack, Cry of Frustration, Diversion, and Distortion. That means probably just original 4 shatter skills will be recharged. And it makes whole a lot of sense since this skill is only 60s cool down.

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

And be ready that both Chronophantasm and Seize the Moment will likely cause a lot of complaints.

But continuum split may not be as easy to use as you think. The time in the shift can scale with the number of clones you have. You can do very limited things in a one second long split duration. Also opponents see you use split, they will get all their dodges/invul/block ready for any crazy offensive attempt you might do.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

I would be up for that if I’m online at the time, being in Australia that part may be a problem

My planned test build is a cele bruiser using Chaos/Illu/Chrono – (BD, MS & Chronophasmata) the idea is to have continual small shatters to keep alacrity and boons up. Scepter should work well as it has excellent cooldowns if alacrity is up and can help with clones too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i am up with testing build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Just want to remind some of you theory crafting that signet of illusion will probably NOT reset continuum split.

The tool tip of signet of illusion says recharge Mind Wrack, Cry of Frustration, Diversion, and Distortion. That means probably just original 4 shatter skills will be recharged. And it makes whole a lot of sense since this skill is only 60s cool down.

With my build:

Clone from GS2 + iZerker + iChanter -> F5 and instantly followed by F1
Should give you approx kitten to 6s for: SotE + iZerker + iChanter -> F2 and SoI -> F1
Continuum Shift (illusions will probably not respawn): SotE+ iZerker + iChanter -> F1 + SoI -> F1 (or simply F2 if you want to safe SoI)

You can probably even switch Imagined Burden with Mental Anguish dealing even more damage with this combo and still having good cooldowns with alacrity, this is up to testing.

But I think the burst is obviously insane.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

yeap power will defently benefit from this elite trait line

condi bit less

also bunker chaos/insp/chrono could be unkillable while doing good dmg with 30%+20% crit chance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMBqAJ0BvQ~

Can people roll this for their icebow meta groups in fractals/dungeons? Interested

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Love the title Chaos

I’m free to test out awkward builds, after all nothing will be saved for your beta character. I also will be testing out revenant and reaper exclusively so we could have some duels.

Its midnight at OCX time is it? Gotta be hard to stay awake :S

in Mesmer

Posted by: telespallabob.7469

telespallabob.7469

Yeahhh Chronomancer is incoming <3
If any EU mesmer is looking for a party, pm me

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Not sure what builds I’m gonna try out, but I’ll definitely be logging in for some testination this weekend. See y’all in the chat.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I’d be interested for build testing in PvE dungeons. For the most part it looks like Dom + Duel + Chrono will be the way to go for High DPS plus the new Chrono utilities.

Edit: A build like this was what I was thinking for a Chrono in PvE dungeons and such.
Edit2: I considered Danger Time, but even in Berserker’s gear (I run Assassin) I feel like our crit chance would easily go over the cap in an organized group.

(edited by savacli.8172)

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

this is sort of what i gonna test

interrupter
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMGtALcAXg~
slow on crit easy interrupt for more slow and dmg.

condi shatter
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMGmAP8Bbw~
no DE, blind and ineptitude but more slow and scepter speed. with some nice trick in my sleeve (hope it works)

bunker
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMG5AP8BGw~
well, null field, feedback, time warp, boon share , high armor and vitality, immune to condi , stability and protection …. boring but may be effective

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

yeap power will defently benefit from this elite trait line

condi bit less

I’m not sure this is necessarily true. By dropping Dueling and using x/1/3, a Shatter Condition Mesmer is going to be able to spam the ever loving gobstoppers out of anything near them; nearly 2 full rotations of shatters as an opening volley. That’s a LOT of confusion and torment stacking in a very short time. On top of that, Sc #3 is going to hit more times, and faster, and your recharge on Chaos Armor is going to be sooooo short thanks to that amount of Alacrity being stacked at the start of the fight.

As a condi mesmer, I’m looking VERY forward to Chrono.
Edit:
Watching the latest stream, it seems they moved some traits around on Chrono. by x/1/3, I mean “Illusionary Reversion” and “Seize the Moment” to give unlimited clones to shatter with.

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

(edited by Nachyochez.9758)

in Mesmer

savacli.8172

From a Power PvE-er I just can’t seem to move away from Dom and Duel. So unfortunately that kinda leaves my third slot as floater depending on what utility I need.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Blargh. I won’t be around this weekend, and I haven’t purchased HoT yet for the beta events. I’m excited to see what everyone makes of it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I think the beta is only open to pre-purchasers? As some may already know, I refuse to pay for HoT until I see how balancing is handled over these next few months. If I’m unsatisfied, i’ll surely be one of those people not purchasing HoT at all…

Good luck to all you peeps testing things out! Report back!

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

And be ready that both Chronophantasm and Seize the Moment will likely cause a lot of complaints.

But continuum split may not be as easy to use as you think. The time in the shift can scale with the number of clones you have. You can do very limited things in a one second long split duration. Also opponents see you use split, they will get all their dodges/invul/block ready for any crazy offensive attempt you might do.

Can you tell me whether boons applied during the shift reset when your health does?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I’ll test out builds and I’ll be doing reaper vs x duels (so people can try to duel me on chrono if they’d like, tired of playing mes vs mes, had too many of them lately.) I preordered HoT just so I can get my hands on Chrono first, I can’t wait!

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I feel Necro GS is currently lacking utility. It only has one CC skill. It needs another either CC or mobility skill to be good in PvP. But it should be pretty nice weapon in PvE.

Ele overloads skills is probably more useful in a bit larger scale teamfight scenario. Just like churning earth, you see it being used in GvG but rarely in sPvP, let alone dueling.

After watching the stream where grouch failed kitten it, I’d be inclined to agree with you. I think the reaper meta will be a tankyish spread, either soldiers or celestial with spite/SR/reaper and blighters boon as a sustain mechanic with staff and either D/WH or D/D (OH dagger may be needed to make up for losing curses, but we’ll see).

Tempest overloads look sitautional, the water one will never be used since mathematically defensive rotation water swaps/dodges off CD will be more healing overtime, while the earth one looks powerful for defense, and the fire one looks powerful as a whirl finisher in the longlasting WH fire field (tons of burns) and the air one is just extra vuln, which is okay.

Anyway, once again feel free to PM me (on NA) asking for duels for reaper/tempest vs. chronomancer!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Gonna try out an Inspiration/Illusion/Chrono bunker build, or maybe Inspiration/Chaos/Chrono.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I’m gonna record WvW fights if we get a decent matchup.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Some technical questions I’d like answered:

• Does alacrity grant 2s recharge per 3s duration, or 1s recharge per 3s duration?
  • Does Lost Time gain a charge for each enemy hit by an aoe crit?
  • Does Lost Time apply slow to each enemy hit if the proc attack is AoE?
  • Can phantasms apply Lost Time? (unlikely)
  • Does Chronophantasma resummon when the original phantasm actually shatters, or when you cast the shatter?
  • What is iCap’s attack timing?
  • Does iCap’s Alacrity stack?
  • What duration quickness does boonshare give from full Seize the Moment procs?
  • All the usual questions about Continuum Shift

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

• Also, if the proc attack for Lost Time is a crit, does it add a charge?
  • Does each tick of Spatial Surge count separately for Lost Time charges?

(edited by AlphatheWhite.9351)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Some technical questions I’d like answered:

• Does alacrity grant 2s recharge per 3s duration, or 1s recharge per 3s duration?
  • Does Lost Time gain a charge for each enemy hit by an aoe crit?
  • Does Lost Time apply slow to each enemy hit if the proc attack is AoE?
  • Can phantasms apply Lost Time? (unlikely)
  • Does Chronophantasma resummon when the original phantasm actually shatters, or when you cast the shatter?
  • What is iCap’s attack timing?
  • What duration quickness does boonshare give from full Seize the Moment procs?
  • All the usual questions about Continuum Shift

Some of these we know already from the game play we’ve seen, but would still be good to confirm at this stage of development.

I would say the former. 66% global recharge rate on skills and utilities – inverse of chill, “for every 3 seconds chilled, only 1 second of cooldown will have expired.” So for every 3s of alacrity, you have 2s recharge to bring it back even.
    When they actually shatter.
    It should since other alacrity sources do (such as from shatters or Well of Recall). iCap attack bounces can also hit other iCap’s, increasing their rate of attack (spreading even more alacrity around).
Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

I feel Alacrity might actually be very strong when boosting Phantasm attack CDs rather than the Mesmer’s own CDs. Swordsman for example has 3.5s CD when Hasted, add a bit of Alacrity and you could potentially have the Swordsman attack multiple times in a row.

Also I hope iCap’s damage isn’t low like iDisenchanter. It’s a weapon Phantasm, should deal decent damage. hides iMage

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

I feel Alacrity might actually be very strong when boosting Phantasm attack CDs rather than the Mesmer’s own CDs. Swordsman for example has 3.5s CD when Hasted, add a bit of Alacrity and you could potentially have the Swordsman attack multiple times in a row.

Also I hope iCap’s damage isn’t low like iDisenchanter. It’s a weapon Phantasm, should deal decent damage. hides iMage

I think it already applies slow, a very strong condition. So it probably won’t have good damage, if any.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

I think it already applies slow, a very strong condition. So it probably won’t have good damage, if any.

Yeah I’m not expecting it do deal any damage, but I don’t see how you can justify using it in PvE if it doesn’t. That’s half your firepower down the drain, and short duration Slows won’t be that great in PvE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I don’t think the shield is a PvE weapon (at least in current PvE). In general, I think alacrity can be a nice bonus to PvE, but will not be strong enough there to justify taking a skill slot.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

The idea is using Alacrity to boost Phantasm DPS. Other than iCap though the only way we can give Phantasms Alacrity is the Well.

On the other hand perhaps a mix of iCap and iSwordsman could be better than 3 damaging Phantasms.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Alright guys, today is the day. I’ll be working on compiling the questions on this thread and builds requested. Currently I’ve 3 builds of my own to try out.

Dom/Duel/Chrono – Shatter
Duel/Chaos/Chrono – Lockdown
Chaos/Inspire/Chrono – Support.

Do we have any testers besides Tobasco, NICENIKESHOE, Jurica, Skcamow and Messiah?

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I will be testing the support one ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Chrono-bunker/first ) in PvP and maybe give a try to a well backliner in WvW.

in Mesmer

savacli.8172

Alright guys, today is the day. I’ll be working on compiling the questions on this thread and builds requested. Currently I’ve 3 builds of my own to try out.

Dom/Duel/Chrono – Shatter
Chaos/Inspire/Chrono – Support.

Do we have any testers besides Tobasco, NICENIKESHOE, Jurica, Skcamow and Messiah?

I’ll take the Shatter one and test it in PvE. Are there strict trait selections for this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I won’t be able to test unfortunately, don’t have the game pre-ordered yet. Have fun peeps!

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

I could log on if you want some Chronomancer versus Mesmer duels.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

To be clear I’ll definitely be testing when I’m online (and checking the Alacrity CD Spreadsheet works out in practice)… problem is being in Australia that might not match up with anyone else. I can try testing one of the aforementioned builds but am currently planning things based around either:

• shatter “cadence”/sustain as it may open up new roles
  • alacrity + quickness + mantras because I like mantras and it might fit

Also I uh, had to drop the guild at one point due to lack of guild slots :< a reinvite would be handy (Generally just find people are very rarely online while I am)

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Can’t see why this isn’t Dom/Cha/Chr. Dueling doesn’t add nearly as much to your lockdown as CS+PB.

Are you taking the line just for Duelist’s Discipline? We should compare Dom vs. Dueling as see if the former really lags behind the latter that much, as far as Magic Bullet’s cooldown goes. Alacrity/F5’s effect on optimal builds is the biggest question mark for this BWE.

I volunteer to try out Support/Bunker builds, since I’m curious about how effective those will be. Not sure exactly how much time I’ll have available, though, so make sure somebody else covers them as well.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’ll be around doing things. I’ll also try to be on the omkitten. If there’s interest, I’ll lead a chrono raid either in wvw or eotm.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Can’t see why this isn’t Dom/Cha/Chr. Dueling doesn’t add nearly as much to your lockdown as CS+PB.

Are you taking the line just for Duelist’s Discipline? We should compare Dom vs. Dueling as see if the former really lags behind the latter that much, as far as Magic Bullet’s cooldown goes. Alacrity/F5’s effect on optimal builds is the biggest question mark for this BWE.

I volunteer to try out Support/Bunker builds, since I’m curious about how effective those will be. Not sure exactly how much time I’ll have available, though, so make sure somebody else covers them as well.

You’re right, Dom/Chaos/Chrono is much more ideal for Chrono lockdown. I’m still in that “omg DE must have!” -mentality. The thing is, Dueling also offers perma fury. Combined with [30% crit chance on slowed targets] we could have an opportunity to trait tankier amulets like valk and still deal high damage. (Jurica actually put me on to the idea.)

But as for the purest form of lockdown, dom/chaos/chrono for sure. I’ve got blink, calamity (damage) well, and mantra in mind for this. Immobilizing enemies inside a well is gonna be sweet. Though I really don’t think the shield will outperform the focus here.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I’ll be around doing things. I’ll also try to be on the omkitten. If there’s interest, I’ll lead a chrono raid either in wvw or eotm.

What times? Lets do it!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Darn it life!

• Mouse broke
  • Living in Cologne so I probably should go to Gamescom anyway.

Really looking forward to trying Chronomancer and Reaper, though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

What times? Lets do it!

After work I’ll be on, though I’ll need to make dinner at some point.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

I should be in WvW/PvP around 20:00 PST so I hope we are going to get some fights in.

Question for the testers: Does MI or shared distortion interrupt spamming the Hero in Stronghold?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

What times? Lets do it!

Get a pizza for the whole weekend

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

What times? Lets do it!

Get a pizza for the whole weekend

I can bring a Feast of Mushroom Pizzas, but I didn’t know you wanted to play condi?

(edited by Silverkey.2078)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

Jumped on and fooled with Chronomancer for a few minutes, so a few requests/tips for those coming on later:

“Guild” button was disabled for my chrono. Didn’t check Rev, and didn’t check before I was in WvW, so might be limited scope. ‘G’ didn’t work, and the guild ‘tab’ at the top wasn’t even there.

There’re three boxes of gear and a box of consumables. Consumables also contains lots and lots of runes/sigils to work with, and all three gear boxes have 1 piece of all gear (even stuff you can’t use) with select-able stats.

Chronophantasma got nerfed; phantasms respawn with 1 second daze

F5 appears to be a little broken. When I used it, I proceeded to use every shatter I had on a Guard, only to get no recharge reset(but SO MUCH ALACRITY). After the fight, I noticed the continuum was on the ground, and the reset happened when I was nearly halfway to the nearest keep (about 30 seconds after usage, at least). It seems the clones I shattered AFTER using F5 counted for the duration. Can I get another tester for confirmation?

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)