[OMFG] BotM Contest (Sept) *FINAL RESULTS*

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Hi guys,

Just some updates:

- Build registration is now closed. In the end, we have 4 builds entering this month contest and competing for the Build of the Month Award.

- The scoreboard results have been updated and the scoreboard and news sections have been moved to the first post for better viewing (as suggested by Xaylin). The old Scoreboard section is now replaced with Build Registration Info so that you guys know about the participating teams.

- The ORB have been working diligently and have approved the viability of Blackwater and Evasive Signet builds (thus these 2 builds have been awarded with +10pts each). The other 2 builds are still being evaluated.

@ Warlord: your 0.9 vote is registed as an +1 upvote build for Blackwater build unless you restate your opinion and want to withdraw your vote.

@ Menace: your build has not been registered because you didn’t comply with the rules regarding to having a tester partner agreement. Just a friendly reminder for your next time, please arrange in-game with a tester so that BOTH you and your tester will WORK towards your build. It is important that both members of the team are well-informed about the contest.

Again, big thanks to all already cast your votes. To those who haven’t, feel free to browse through the four builds and let us know what you think.
Happy voting guys.

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

@keenlam, has a deadline been set for the ORB to approve/disapprove build viability? I’m wondering how much time a build team has to post the final tested/refined build between the submission deadline and ORB decision.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

@keenlam, has a deadline been set for the ORB to approve/disapprove build viability? I’m wondering how much time a build team has to post the final tested/refined build between the submission deadline and ORB decision.

Hi guys, just a quick reminder tomorrow (17/09/2013) will be the end of Stage 1.
Therefore:

@As participants you need to finalize your build and get it approved by the ORB as soon as you can.

@The ORB: when you evaluate the build for its viability, don’t forget to check the differences the build has gone through since it’s first submitted and make sure it’s the same build. Also, ensure the build will not change any further in Stage 2.

@The Crowd: I haven’t seen any downvote but still just want to remind you that starting from tomorrow, downvotes will not count anymore.

Again, thanks all for your interest and support to keep this event going.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

i have talked to several guys now and they all said they will approve my build etc but none did? whats going on?
ORB : approval (missing)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Chillruption Condition Build

We’ve decided that this build is not viable. This build has a lot of issues with it.

Purpose

This build seems to have no purpose. The theme is supposedly chill, but this build has no way to apply chill other than a % chance from chaotic interruption. Additionally, this is a condition build but lacks any actively applied conditions other than confusion and bleed.

Capability

This build doesn’t have the capability to do very much. The only good application of bleeding is from a fully untraited iDuelist, which is incredibly fragile and susceptible to retaliation and projectile reflects. There is no capability for strong power damage. The confusion can be applied in a couple ways, but with absolutely no other pressure, whether from conditions or power, there is no way to force the players to hit the confusion.

Trait and Weapon Optimization

The build uses 4 unique weapons and yet traits none of them. The build relies heavily on interrupts and yet only has magic bullet and temporal curtain as interrupts. The build relies heavily on conditions, and yet has no way to apply burning and only 1 partially effective way to apply bleeding and torment. The build has poor defense against conditions.

Summary
This build doesn’t particularly have a good way of doing particularly anything. As such, the ORB deems it Non-Viable.

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Though I disagree with much of what you said, I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I’m honestly scratching my head at some of the comments though. I’ll list out a few counters.

• Purpose: noted. I received similar feedback from others and should probably change the build name to “Chaotic Conditions” or something else.
  • Condition application: I’m spreading active conditions all over the place (immobilize, chill, blind, daze etc). I assume you meant “damaging” conditions. In that case, I have 4 uniquely and often applied conditions (bleeding, confusion, posion and torment), which are more than adequate.
  • The duelist: I see your point in how that can be a disadvantage but honestly in my experience, it does most of the damage in the build, especially because of phantasmal haste. I don’t see him dying that often due to reflects or retaliation though I’m sure it does happen. Besides, it’s definitely not uncommon for a condition build to use the duelist as the primary means to proc sharper images.
  • Confusion procs constantly and for big damage. I’m not the best PvP player by a long shot, but did you see the video?
  • One disadvantage is certainly the 4 untraited weapons, I’ll give you that. I don’t seem to have much trouble with that though.
  • Interrupts: You forgot the most important one which can and does proc interrupts often in diversion.
  • Defense against conditions is decent if played as described in the build thread. Did you read through that?

If the build doesn’t make stage 2 that’s totally fine and I honor the ORB’s decision. I just want to ensure the facts are straight on it.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

@skcamow

• Conditions: Immobilize is only from leap/swap or interrupts. Chill is only a % chance from interrupts so doesn’t count. Blind is only from the activation on scepter block aka no torment, so shouldn’t count. Poison is only applied in 5 second chunks on weapon swap and is easily avoidable. Torment can not be applied actively. Confusion is worthless on its own. Bleeding is only applied through the duelist.
  • Duelist: The duelist is fine as a source of bleeds, but as your only source of bleeds it falls very short. It will die incredibly quickly if someone attacks it, as you lack the signet or traiting to make it durable. Additionally, you have no cooldown traits for it, and so you will on average get 1 unload from it every 20 seconds.
  • Confusion: This only procs constantly against unskilled opponents. Confusion bomb builds have always been trash for this reason. Combining confusion with other pressure makes it effective, but the lack of other pressure makes the confusion ineffective.
  • Interrupts: I did forget diversion, but your build happens to have very low clone generation and very long cooldowns on your phantasms. Using any shatter is an action that has a massive drawback for that reason.
  • Defense against conditions: Your only active condition removal is arcane thievery which can only remove 3 conditions every 45 seconds. Your only other condition removal is the iWarden whirl combo, which can be difficult and/or impossible to set up at times. Condition pressure from most opponents will get through your defenses (which consist of scepter block and iWarden spin) and once you use arcane thievery, they can just go to town.

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

@skcamow

• Conditions: Immobilize is only from leap/swap or interrupts. Chill is only a % chance from interrupts so doesn’t count. Blind is only from the activation on scepter block aka no torment, so shouldn’t count. Poison is only applied in 5 second chunks on weapon swap and is easily avoidable. Torment can not be applied actively. Confusion is worthless on its own. Bleeding is only applied through the duelist.

I land torment just about every time I swap to sc-p. I personally would consider that actively applied, though obviously not constant. Not as common as the iDuelist, iWarden does apply bleeds and I provide a couple examples in the build thread on how to maximize that. Every interrupt procs immobilize AND either blind (not just scepter block), cripple or chill. Poison is rarely avoided in my experience.

• Duelist: The duelist is fine as a source of bleeds, but as your only source of bleeds it falls very short. It will die incredibly quickly if someone attacks it, as you lack the signet or traiting to make it durable. Additionally, you have no cooldown traits for it, and so you will on average get 1 unload from it every 20 seconds.

I don’t know what else to say to this but that it has been the complete opposite of my experience with the build. I typically get 2 unloads at a minimum because of phantasmal haste.

• Confusion: This only procs constantly against unskilled opponents. Confusion bomb builds have always been trash for this reason. Combining confusion with other pressure makes it effective, but the lack of other pressure makes the confusion ineffective.

Perplexity runes are ensuring (for now) that decent confusion numbers are back. Now I certainly haven’t been winning every fight, but maybe the ones I have were against unskilled opponents (which I admit is entirely possible).

• Interrupts: I did forget diversion, but your build happens to have very low clone generation and very long cooldowns on your phantasms. Using any shatter is an action that has a massive drawback for that reason.

You don’t need massive clone generation to use diversion. Use only one if you can unless you want/need to go for a spread out 3 illusion chain. I have plentiful amounts of illusions to use for this that aren’t phantasms (iLeap, illusionary counter, scepter AA and decoy – isn’t that enough?). You don’t need DE (as an example) to make diversion effectively useful.

• Defense against conditions: Your only active condition removal is arcane thievery which can only remove 3 conditions every 45 seconds. Your only other condition removal is the iWarden whirl combo, which can be difficult and/or impossible to set up at times. Condition pressure from most opponents will get through your defenses (which consist of scepter block and iWarden spin) and once you use arcane thievery, they can just go to town.

In this condition heavy meta, your concern about condition management is well received. If you look at the build, you’ll see I have master of manipulations traited. Even then, I know that’s not quite enough which is why the iWarden whirl is nice and actually very easy to pull off (in my experience) when I need to. I also utilize a traited Decoy heavily (and mass invisibility) which provides natural condition mitigation. With these, I haven’t had much of a problem with condition management. I have used iDisenchanter instead of Arcane Thievery with success as well.

I’ve personally found that there’s a big difference between analyzing a build on paper and playing one. A build which looks nonviable can sometimes prove to be decent. I hear and appreciate everything you’re saying but it’s hard to come to terms with it when I’m not seeing many of these things as issues in practice. I’m not trying to insult your intelligence here since you have obviously posted some good and well received builds, but the irony is that a few people (who have been playing it the past few days) have told me the build seems effective. Again I fully admit I (and maybe they, I don’t know) might not be fighting skilled enough opponents so on that premise will accept what you have said.

I knew about the build deadline but I honestly wasn’t aware of the ORB decision deadline (until it was too late) as my tester and I were in the midst of playing with a Staff/Sc-P variant which was working a little better than the original spec. We probably would have went with that but that’s neither here nor there at this point. Again I appreciate your feedback and willingness to help others craft solid builds.

(edited by skcamow.3527)

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

@skcamow: All of my criticisms are made assuming skilled opponents. With that in mind…

The scepter block is avoidable, even when used very well. A fast reaction dodge after hte block, or simply avoiding attacking during the block can effectively eliminate most of the torment, as long as you are VERY careful.

If you watch your video, you’ll notice that the duelists die in about 2 hits. However, the people you fight generally ignore the duelists and let them stack bleeds forever, when they could have simply killed the duelists instantly.

Again, confusion without pressure is not strong, even with the runes. A lot of your opponents in the video simply suicided on 15 stacks of confusion, which is just poor play.

What I meant by my comment about diversion is that if you have a couple duelists or a warden or w/e up, shattering them with any shatter is an extremely high cost, because you have very long cooldowns for all your phantasms. You can still use diversion fine, but the problem is you diversion…and then you might have next to 0 condition pressure for the next 15-20 seconds because all your phantasms are on cooldown.

One last thing is that your build runs into the same problem that all interrupt builds face: varying effectiveness against different opponents. Against warriors/necros/etc they can be very strong, but a good thief or engineer can be brutally difficult to interrupt, and a guardian farting stability will be tough to interrupt. This varying effectiveness of any type of interrupt setup is why I really tend to stay away from them.

I did actually play your build, having most of the equipment to do so. It does ok vs some classes if played very well, but it just runs into that problem of it’s simply not all that great against a skilled opponent that knows to counter the duelists by hitting them, or to avoid the torment, or w/e.

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

@Pyro, cool thanks for the elaboration. I will keep these things in mind. Aside from your proven knowledge of the mesmer, knowing you played around with build gives huge credibility to your comments, since you obviously experienced it. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Outside of the contest, we will probably continue testing a staff variant as that seems to be stronger – more survivable for sure.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

@Pyro, cool thanks for the elaboration. I will keep these things in mind. Aside from your proven knowledge of the mesmer, knowing you played around with build gives huge credibility to your comments, since you obviously experienced it. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Outside of the contest, we will probably continue testing a staff variant as that seems to be stronger – more survivable for sure.

A staff variant would probably be stronger. Among other things, it gives you burning pressure, bleed pressure not tied to the duelist, and the potential for more confusion stacking from the duelist combo with chaos storm.

Edit: I should mention that a majority of my stress testing of builds was done against a very good p/d d/p thief. Very difficult to interrupt, very good at applying conditions.

(edited by Pyroatheist.9031)

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

A staff variant would probably be stronger. Among other things, it gives you burning pressure, bleed pressure not tied to the duelist, and the potential for more confusion stacking from the duelist combo with chaos storm.

Edit: I should mention that a majority of my stress testing of builds was done against a very good p/d d/p thief. Very difficult to interrupt, very good at applying conditions.

Funny you say that, thieves seemed to be one of the hardest to fight. My tester said the exact same thing about having trouble interrupting them. Once we switched to staff, they were much more manageable.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

can somebody approve my build as viable please?

Sensotix bountiful interruption build

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Your build has been approved Sensotix. We’re not convinced that it’s actually going to be effective, but it definitely has the potential to offer strong team support given a few lucky interrupts.

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Shouldn’t a build have to be consistent to be … legit? For example a power shatter build can always get clones out and shatter them. A phantasm build will always get phantasms out for burst.

Luck …. I really don’t know.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Shouldn’t a build have to be consistent to be … legit? For example a power shatter build can always get clones out and shatter them. A phantasm build will always get phantasms out for burst.

The build does have some reasonable phantasm damage, and so provides consistency that way. The signet of inspiration does have the potential to spread 20 or 25 might to the team with the aoe interrupts in the sword block and illusionary wave, but it also can double the duration of things like stability from guardian shouts or might stacked on you by someone else, so it doesn’t depend completely on interrupts.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Woah, harsh.

Two things I want to mention without any intent of influencing or judging the elaborated decision of the ORB… It does partly refer to this specific decision but I feel that it is important for the general evaluation of all builds.

• Regarding interrupts: You won’t find many Mesmer interrupt builds with more than 2 interrupts (excluding F3). This is by nature of the Mesmer because of having only one interrupt per weapon set regardless of weapon choice adding up to two interrupts through weapons. You could now go for a Mantra and/or a Signet for more rupts. However, this actually makes many builds less viable because you will miss out on countering your weaknesses (as mentioned: fast classes like thieves, stability) by not picking utility skills. Its a bit like saying that a PU build is lackluster when not running Torch, Decoy, Veil AND MI.
  • In general: Each build should be primarily tested in scenarios for which it was designed, of course (e.g. a support build for support, not for solo roaming). It is quite obvious that certain builds won’t excel in situations for which they were not designed. The testing should discover strengths and weaknesses for its purpose. In this specific case, interrupts are hard to land against fast classes (e.g. thieves). It gets worse when they are spamming blinds. Testing a build by fighting its hard counter will most likely result in a biased evaluation because the weakness is overemphasized in the testing process. Of course, it could be decided that a build is too gimicky because it is only viable in a too specific situation. But the testing itself should be as unbiased as possible.

Shouldn’t a build have to be consistent to be … legit? …[snip]…

In general, interrupts are a difficult mechanic which requires a higher skill level than it is necessary for many other builds. At least for classes who can’t spamm their interrupts. It can also be countered by different strategies (e.g. being fast, stability, block, invulnerability). So yes, you will have to be “lucky” in terms of not encountering a perma stability guardian. But it doesn’t make interrupts inviable. You will have to be smart, though, because you can’t go the one-trick-poney route as interrupt Mesmer. You will have to bring something else to the table to succeed.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

@Xaylin: You are quite right about testing builds in the scenario for which they were designed. The chillruption build is going to encounter mainly 1v1 or outnumbered fights while roaming in WvW. The bountiful interruption build is designed primarily as a team support/damage build, which is why I considered the effects of aoe interrupts in that build. The worry with that build is that it fails to have any effective aoe boon stripping, and so in the current situation where a guardian will be dropping all sorts of aoe stability, it could fall flat.

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Hi guys, just a quick update.

Today marks the end of Stage 1, please check the Scoreboard in OP to see the final results for Stage 1.

@ skcamow: While your build is deemed non-viable by the ORB, it has a net positive score thus the build can carry on to Stage 2.

Now that Stage 2 commences. Just a couple of reminders:

@ Participants: please make arrangements with the ORB as early as possible to know about the tests so that you have time to prepare for them. Tests can be carrried out at any time during this stage, whenever is suitable for both the participants and the ORB. Also, since now the build cannot be changed/modified any further. The idea of this stage is that you spend time honing your skills to put the build into real action so that the ORB can judge on the performance. Oh, and don’t forget about the popularity campaigning, every single vote helps.

Note that the test results will not be posted publicly in this thread until the last day.

@ ORB: each member should come up with a different test for each build (must be relevant to what the build is designed to do). I’ll leave it up to your imagination on how to set up and conduct the tests.

@ Crowd: no downvote from now on, but nothing stops you from voting for your favorite builds.

My special thanks to Pyroatheist and the ORB in general, for providing feedback and evaluation of the builds in both timely and professional manners.

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

my build is mainly designed for tpvp but people have told me that it’s awesome in wvw thats why i added “wvw” the main point of it is to be played in 5 vs 5 or little bit bigger fights
also in those fights a s/d thief or necro can really help ripping those boons off (also a mesmer with nullfield, which most of the wvw zerg mesmers run)
Concerning the interrupts:
yes it required a certain amount of skill but most of the time you stack enough migh by just spreading boons you got from your team (also guardian mightstacks) to make the boons from your team last twice as long which is insane… (for example guardian buffs you stability for 8 secs) you use your signet and all your team members have stability for around 16 seconds

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Shameless bump because want more people to vote.
Come on guys, the more the merrier.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

+1 To the Natsu Blackwater build. I have been running a variant has been carrying me through solo queue for the past month.

It is the most practical and effective build of the bunch in my opinion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Shameless reply to push this back to page 1 XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

This is a difficult choice for me, because I really love the Blackwater build, it’s just insanely good!
However! My vote goes to Seno’s bountiful interruption build.
His build works really well, and having used it in wvw it worked flawlessly. Though ofc I did have to change the utilities to reflect the fact that I’m roaming about in wvw and not in an organized group in TPvP. And then I only changed the signet to decoy and arcane thievery to phantasmal disenchanter. Traits remain the exact same, as do the weapons and sigils.

In short: +1 to Sensotix’s Bountiful Interruption Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

+1 to Natsu’s Blackwater build, high success rate in WvW roaming can take down 3 vs 1 on most occasions.

in Mesmer

Natsu Dragneel.1625

@Dietzen, and everyone else who may be wondering,

I’m fairly sure you may vote for as many of the builds as you like, so if you happened to like 2 or 3 of them, you can give a +1 vote for each.

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

@keenlam, I would like to remove my build from the contest. Reason being is while it’s a fun build to roam and skirmish with, it’s inferior to the now official chillruption condition build my tester and I finally settled upon after much playing around with and some eventual valuable feedback from Pyro. Understanding I can’t use that build, I would rather not spend the time in stage 2 with the original one I submitted.

That said, I think the process here worked excellent. My tester and I worked on my original idea and both came to the conclusion the build had it’s merits; it was a fun and different play style for a condition build. But in that testing we found some deficiencies, most of which were resolved by adding staff, which really unlocked it’s full potential. The problem is I wasn’t able to coordinate with my tester in time to update my build link for the ORB deadline that I honestly wasn’t aware of until it was too late.

This isn’t a plea to use the new build – I want to honor the process. Maybe this can help refine our process further and also remind future build creators of it. So I will cheer on the remaining participants and look forward to October. Good luck to everyone and thanks to those who voted for my build!

p.s. back up to the top

in Mesmer

Dietzen.6127

I’m fairly sure you may vote for as many of the builds as you like, so if you happened to like 2 or 3 of them, you can give a +1 vote for each.

In this case, and in this case only I would also like to +1 Natsu’s Blackwater build, simply because it is rock solid. I find myself experimenting with the bountiful interruption build, changing things around, but there’s never any need to do this with Blackwater

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

@keenlam, I would like to remove my build from the contest. Reason being is while it’s a fun build to roam and skirmish with, it’s inferior to the now official chillruption condition build my tester and I finally settled upon after much playing around with and some eventual valuable feedback from Pyro. Understanding I can’t use that build, I would rather not spend the time in stage 2 with the original one I submitted.

That said, I think the process here worked excellent. My tester and I worked on my original idea and both came to the conclusion the build had it’s merits; it was a fun and different play style for a condition build. But in that testing we found some deficiencies, most of which were resolved by adding staff, which really unlocked it’s full potential. The problem is I wasn’t able to coordinate with my tester in time to update my build link for the ORB deadline that I honestly wasn’t aware of until it was too late.

This isn’t a plea to use the new build – I want to honor the process. Maybe this can help refine our process further and also remind future build creators of it. So I will cheer on the remaining participants and look forward to October. Good luck to everyone and thanks to those who voted for my build!

p.s. back up to the top

By all means though, submit it next month. I look forward to seeing what you’ve made.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

+1 Natsu Blackwater. It’s an excellent WvW roaming build, and one of the first and best to be viable in the current meta (in my personal experience).

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

My thanks to people who keep supporting this event and keep voting.

@ skcamow: I’m with Pyro, your withdrawal is quite understandable due to the time constraints. Will gladly to see your improved version in the next month contest.

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Just want to reiterate this. You can vote for many builds as you like, but you can only have 1 vote for each build.

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Scoreboard updated. Please check the OP. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite builds.

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Just another bump to keep this one on page 1,
Keep up the votes guys, every one of them counts!

in Mesmer

Dietzen.6127

Hey folks remember to vote! (this is clearly not a bump muhaha)

in Mesmer

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Bump, Remember to Vote guys!

in Mesmer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

Dang, how long is stage 2? I think that you guys should shorten it. There has been too many bumps. Don’t get me wrong. This contest is very cool, but I think it doesn’t appeal to that much people anymore because they are either lazy(which is well accepted), or they already saw/voted this thread already. So, if you can, I suggest you guys try to shorten the date just a tid bit, so then maybe more people will decide to vote since the deadline will be closer. just a thought

Also, next time, we shouldn’t do build of the month contest. It should be fight of the Month contest. Where we all pitch in our best recorded fights of our GW2 career and post it here for people to judge. Much more exciting and easier.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Dang, how long is stage 2? I think that you guys should shorten it. There has been too many bumps. Don’t get me wrong. This contest is very cool, but I think it doesn’t appeal to that much people anymore because they are either lazy(which is well accepted), or they already saw/voted this thread already. So, if you can, I suggest you guys try to shorten the date just a tid bit, so then maybe more people will decide to vote since the deadline will be closer. just a thought

Also, next time, we shouldn’t do build of the month contest. It should be fight of the Month contest. Where we all pitch in our best recorded fights of our GW2 career and post it here for people to judge. Much more exciting and easier.

We respectfully disregard your opinion. Thanks anyway.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

A fight of the month contest would leave support and bunker builds out though.

And you can already make videos for your build to better tempt people in voting :P

Maybe add a line in the guild recruitment thread that links to this one? I feel like that one is much more popular.

edit: ninja’d by pyro :o.
edit: oh, and this thread has more views than the recruitment thread, for some reason :P

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

(edited by Alissah.9281)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

+1 to Natsu’s Blackwater build .

Reason : Solid condition dmg , tons of Retaliation , good condition remove

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

(edited by Nubu.6148)

in Mesmer

Natsu Dragneel.1625

@Nubu, and anyone else who may not remember and hasn’t voted yet,

Please remember to include the reasoning behind your vote as well, if you don’t have a valid reason behind the vote, it will not be counted.

For example:

+1 to keenlam’s Clone Spammer Build,
Reason: solid condition dmg without heavily relying on confusion.

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

A fight of the month contest would leave support and bunker builds out though.

And you can already make videos for your build to better tempt people in voting :P

Maybe add a line in the guild recruitment thread that links to this one? I feel like that one is much more popular.

edit: ninja’d by pyro :o.
edit: oh, and this thread has more views than the recruitment thread, for some reason :P

Its also up to the participating teams to redirect the people commenting in their own build thread to this thread to get them to vote. Natsu has been demonstrating how it can be done in his Blackwater Mesmer build thread and his signature. I strongly suggest Kaamau and Sensotix can help us out in similar ways too.

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Hi guys, just a quick reminder we are one week away from the end of the Contest.
How are our participants doing with Stage 2 tests?

@ Nubu: the scoreboard has been updated with your vote. Thanks for voting.

Please keep on voting guys.

Cheers

in Mesmer

Natsu Dragneel.1625

BUMP, Keep those votes coming in.

@Keen, I haven’t heard from any of the orb regarding the stage 2 tests, but I’m still around if they would like to send a pm here or mail in game about it.

in Mesmer

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Bump, come in and vote everyone XD

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Bump. Come on guys, the end of the contest is drawing near.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

This was a difficult choice, but I have to go with:

+1 To the Natsu Blackwater build.

I find it to be a really strong and survivable roaming build. It has solid sustained damage and good condition cleansing.
It is fun to play and with Veil, Decoy, The Prestige and mass invisibility is feels very mesmer’ish when adding to the element of confusing your opponent. Most people do have a hard time actually pinpointing you when you are popping in and out of stealth.

On top of that, I love that a killed clone is not a useless clone due to Crippling Dissipation and Debilitating Dissipation.

(edited by Reesha.7901)

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Less than 2 days left, please vote if you haven’t!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rskin.4901

Rskin.4901

+1 to Sensotix’s Bountiful Interruption Build.
Love the idea and found it fairly effective when trying it out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

+1 to the Blackwater build, it has become a true staple build and there is a reason why
+1 to Evasive Signets, I can’t believe we have a viable signet build, I never would have guessed it but this is awesome.