PU getting nerfed Sep 9th

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Good job community, you managed to nerf a profession before the patch even hits. /slowclap

(edited by rabidsmiles.5926)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

If any of you thought Mesmers weren’t eating some form of nerf, anyway … I know not what to say. Honestly, the only part that smarts is the double-whack on DD. Hell, clone-death’s already taken a hit, why snake a bleed from DD, also?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

I play shatter, and never liked PU, so i’m really happy with the nerfs in the chaos trait line. Also, because PU is nerfed, i might actually consider using it now. It’s no longer “overpowered”.

I also don’t care much for clone death, because again, I never looked at cheese builds.

Now more mesmers will look towards torment shatter or some kind of mantra/phantasm hybrid.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

The notion of unblockable skills in this game has always struck me as interesting, but I always thought the clone on death trait procs should provide the ability to prevent through all the various means. I think the announced change is good for the game and introduces counterplay, something we all like to complain that there isn’t enough of.

On the other hand, in light of the PU change and clone on death change, the debilitating dissipation change was completely unjustified. It should have received a buff IMO to compensate, like keep the 3 bleeds but just make it weakness and bleeding RnG, removing vuln.

So now, something I said all along was that I’d be in favor of the torment on scepter AA change if PU was addressed somehow. Well, now they’ve done it and torment on scepter AA is absolutely necessary to keep mesmer condition builds even remotely viable. Funny, it shows how married Anet was to that change – prompting all these other nerfs.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

ITT: PU mesmers QQing everywhere.

Let’s face it, PU warranted a nerf. But honestly, the nerf to PU wasn’t even that bad. If anything, PU mesmers get a bit of improved mobility from the swiftness. They’ll still maintain fairly high regen and protection up-time.

I like the changes to clone death as well. For most classes, clone death will still proc a ton of condi’s, since I doubt many people will blow major cd’s on clones. It adds a nice, but not crippling counterplay mechanic. However, it does make fighting thieves harder, since they have a ton of access to blinds.

Second Child

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Now more mesmers will look towards torment shatter or some kind of mantra/phantasm hybrid.

Realize its sub par and then move to a different class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Syprus Soulslayer.1640

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

I’m happy about these changes, now I can understand the scepter buffs on the AA. Anet is promoting move offensive playstyles vs faceroll hide in stealth builds. The on death clone traits did need to be fixed as well. As a Hybrid Mesmer I welcome the addition of might and swiftness to PU I may actually run it again. Now I have another source of gaining might other than interrupts and battle sigils.

[Evil] Blood Bath Nbeyond – 80 Warrior
[Evil] Nazarus Soulswag – 80 Mesmer
Devona’s Rest – Previously HoD / Anvil Rock

in Mesmer

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

As mesmer with around 5k hour played i totally agree with those changes.

Thx anet.

IE fix and scepter buff will improve a lot of different mesmer builds and its nice you didnt touch them.

Nerfing the single build (pu) which would take too much advantage from them, has been the best choice.

Thx again

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Anet is promoting move offensive playstyles vs faceroll hide in stealth builds.

looks at thief

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

so many PU mesmer mains against these change is not a surprise really. If it bothers you so much how about actually start playing shatter and start learning your class mechanic for once?.. oh but what am i expecting from the forum community, clearly PU and death clone did not need a nerf because you are mad skilled player that uber pwns people all day and clearly not the build and its passive nature (almost bot like) carrying you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

clone death nerfs :/ and they buffed my main :/…..

Tbh the torment will still provide more damage output net, as well as shifting focus away from clone death for dps, which is good and bad. The PU nerfs were warranted for use in tpvp, as matchups vs power builds PU would be OP. The only thing that really shut them out is condi necro, and the PU nerf wont affect the matchup.

Don’t despair!

Phaatonn, London UK

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Also the lowered duration on clone death bleeds won’t actually affect most viable clone death builds, which will remain at 6 seconds with krait runes

Phaatonn, London UK

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Wut?

The big part of the build was to capitalize on clone deaths since it’s quite impractical to expect my staff clones to survive for more than a few attack cycles.

Before: 140 × 3×5 = 2,100 dmg
After: 140 × 2×4 = 1,120 dmg

My bleed pressure from clones dying was nerfed in half. Now I’ll really have to make sure my staff clones don’t die and keep applying the bleed/burn through WoC. Not exactly sure how to pull that off just yet…

I guess I just didn’t expect most of the dmg to come from that trait. Like just letting 3 clones with 80% bleed and 49% crit chance attack an indestructible golem, they seem to get around 12 stacks easily. I join in with IE and it easily hovers at 17 ish with perma burning.

I know that’s with all of them alive but with 6 second staff 2 and DE, just make more. If clones now work with IE and you hit 100% bleed duration and 57% crit chance in PvE, 25 stacks of bleed should be really easy. I’m assuming you’re looking at something like 0/5/5/0/4 or so?

Also assuming this is for solo stuff where kiting would happen,I still think that a torment focused sc/p condi build will pull ahead of a staff clone build. Although that would have a lot lower might and fury.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arahain.7425

Arahain.7425

As mesmer with around 5k hour played i totally agree with those changes.

Thx anet.

IE fix and scepter buff will improve a lot of different mesmer builds and its nice you didnt touch them.

Nerfing the single build (pu) which would take too much advantage from them, has been the best choice.

Thx again

I agree 100%. PU was way too strong and needed a nerf. The trait will still be strong after the patch but we won’t see 75% of the mesmers running some variation of the common PU build.

About all the “they nerfed every build” comments: I have been playing mesmer since release and I have never really played any of the boring meta PU/clonedeath builds. So all the awesome builds I’ve been playing have not been nerfed at all. In fact my builds will be stronger after the patch and I will have tons of new stuff to try!

So to all the whiners: cry me a river! Learn to play this very awesome class and don’t reduce it to some op traits.

And to ArenaNet: thx for these awesome changes. The better part of my mesmer wishlist is being implemented, so I am very happy with the upcoming patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Yay for the PU change! That Might could be pretty nice and it will be less irritating to fight PU Mesmers which is a plus. Swiftness duration could be a little higher.

However, did clone death traits really need more counterplay? I was aways under the impression that they were designed to punish melee cleave spam and therefore encourage opponents to either 1) use single target attacks on a Mesmer surrounded by clones or 2) use ranged attacks on a Mesmer surrounded by clones. So why do we need anything else? If anything it was the radius of clone death traits that needed to be reduced to encourage more players to switch to ranged. Did Anet discover that the GW2 community is terrible at dealing with punishment mechanics?

Also, Debilitating Dissipation already had an RNG applied to the bleed proc, so again nerfing that was unnecessary.

This all reminds me of the silly changes to Chaos Armour and the double nerf to Blinding Befuddlement.

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

Ya’know, I’m surprisingly alright with this.
PU was a tad strong, at least compared to alternatives, which says more about alternative grandmasters then PU.

But the Mesmer is in need of more sources of Swiftness, esp when it comes to traits, so this kinda works for me. Not sure what to make of the clone death changes, it sounds bad, but I will reserve judgement until I see it in action.

Given the buffs we are getting, I’m ok for a little give and take.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Excellent, Debilitating Dissipation being avoidable is fantastic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Once again some of the Mes community manages to nerf us all and gets nothing decent in return. Despite people calling PU cheese and overpowered here, the one irreplaceable thing it did was give you a good fighting chance against thieves running acrobat, backstab/heartseeker if you’re built for power. Now when we get bursted down in 3 hits we can rest in the knowledge that our class is “more” balanced. We ask for out of combat swift and we get a 1 in 5 chance if running PU and cloak, as a response.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i just dont get anet. they finally give us buffs, but then really big nerfs with it. why is it so hard to simply buff the mesmer that is weak and help the build diversity. clonedath change is the worst. i hope they give use some other goodies like bugfixes along with that.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

srsly guys

i get it’s the normal “omg nerf qq” response, but when you’re throwing out that “omg minority got all mes builds nerfed mesmer is dead” overreactions, then you’re accomplishing kitten all. it’s these godkitten overreactions that make anet do all these pingpong balance changes. there are plenty of builds that never even touched either PU or DD, that perform just as well, and in fact are getting buffed with the patch.

that’s a general blanket statement. my shatter mes bias is incoming.

blackwater mesmers did not require a buff. when the most common counterplay to your build is “don’t give them a bag, just run”, then, get this, you aren’t a well balanced build. this isn’t even getting into how useless they were outside of wvw roaming. but suddenly all of you are out of the woodwork crying about how DD’s unavoidable conditions were such excellent design choices and that their counter was to not kill the clones, like that is the easiest thing in the world and you get countered all the time by people who kill you instantly because they know where you are at all times and can keep their weapon skills and aoe’s from hitting every clone that gets produced from you dodging an attack or throwing a greatsword in their face or whatever. the trait was downright broken, and if you are defending it, then you are simply doing it to benefit yourself and no one else. but this is the forums and that’s what qq is for right, everyone wants the best class so they can just kill everyone and learn nothing from any fights ever because who needs to learn their class or anyone else’s right.

if you thought that blackwater was the only viable way for a mesmer to take out a backstab thief, then it’s entirely a l2p issue. are thieves difficult to fight solo? yeah, they are. are they always going to win? no. from a shatter mesmer perspective, the fight is over quickly. you need to be fast, you need to be moving, you need to be using your distortion and diversion, you need to use any weapon blocks you have. if you’ve given yourself up and are just whining about how thieves are impossible, and that the only way to fight them is to tank yourself up and pressure them down slowly, then idk why you’re still playing a mesmer, because you obviously think thief is the better class. backstab thieves are glass, and they have nowhere near the amount of base damage mitigation a mesmer has. if a fight is hard, learn. find an spvp arena you can borrow, practice the matchup.

yeah no one is going to read this.

tldr: if you played blackwater mes and are getting salty about this, then all i see is someone who didn’t want a competitive game with actual competitive play in it. there are plenty of mesmer builds that are just as effective, as fun to play (i’d argue more but w/e), and more effective in different gamemodes. for kittens sake the IE buff should be wetting the panties of actual legit condi mesmers right now, not just the “come dual me broseph” mesmer groupies. and it’s not like DD clone death roots you and teleports all zergs on the map to your position.

brb tomorrow to read denials

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

(edited by Dethl.2875)

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

the builds u are talking about might work for 1v1. i tried a ton of different spvp builds, that has never been an issue for me. but the meta change put mes in a bad spot, not hopeless but not good at all. in wvw where id say we need the most help, we finally getting help and i think torment could actually help a little bit with at least tagging, but idk yet, i havent seen the patch notes yet. but i really dont understand people panicing about the scepter aa buff. u dont even know what comes along with that and stuff. if u overreact already with stupid polls and all that then sorry but dont cry if we get barely anything next patch.
if the scepter aa torment buff is over the top it will get fixed im sure, the pu nerf is not so harsh, but together with the clone deathtrait its a big one, but we havent seen the patchnotes yet so the world does not end yet.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I guess I just didn’t expect most of the dmg to come from that trait. Like just letting 3 clones with 80% bleed and 49% crit chance attack an indestructible golem, they seem to get around 12 stacks easily. I join in with IE and it easily hovers at 17 ish with perma burning.

I know that’s with all of them alive but with 6 second staff 2 and DE, just make more. If clones now work with IE and you hit 100% bleed duration and 57% crit chance in PvE, 25 stacks of bleed should be really easy. I’m assuming you’re looking at something like 0/5/5/0/4 or so?

Also assuming this is for solo stuff where kiting would happen,I still think that a torment focused sc/p condi build will pull ahead of a staff clone build. Although that would have a lot lower might and fury.

It’s hard to estimate the dps split between staff aa and clone deaths. In some encounters I get clones to live forever and some they can’t stay up for more than 5 seconds so it’ll all depend on the situation at hand.

Yeah, 0/5/5/0/4 was my starting point but after seeing how confusion sucks against pve mobs and how I will have to somehow get mobs to aggro on me and not my clones for max dps, I figured I’d try 0/4/5/0/4 with 9% dmg reduction trait first to help me with holding the aggro away from clones, and outhealing the dmg while at it.

I did some spreadsheet estimates as well as actual in-game tests inside a dungeon and with bugged IE I can keep 17 might (with str sigil), 11 bleed stacks, and perma burning/fury. After IE fix I expect that to jump to 23 might and 18 bleed, and same perma burning/fury. This is with Aristocracy runes, in-game dps tests showed Krait runes being less effective so I didn’t bother theorycrafting with them.

I am considering two condi setups which would involve either camping staff in melee (aoe) or kiting with scepter (single target). After some quick math staff is definitely more dps but as long as clones survive. If some encounters will give me a hard time then a scepter just might be a viable alternative. Either way, the condi pressure will still be nowhere near as crazy as a sw/sw/bow warrior… but it’s definitely going to be closer now.

(edited by frifox.5283)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Something being doge able isn’t bad imo. Yes it countered stupid mindless defensive builds, but 1. I don’t think the same type of play in turn is healthy for the game, and 2. The problem rests in the hands of the low risk crap to begin with.

Also with the changes to S/D the king of evade spam at least they are more likely to burn out before they land a hit if you outplay them, and Pistol whip’s stupidity is the same it always was.

Besides condi trash is to strong for the game type anyways, more needs to get the nerf bat outside PvE, unfortunately Mes being bottom of the meta got it first. Smooth A-net…

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

when IE still doesn’t work after the patch….and more clone/phant AI bugs are introduced…….lol

abortion.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

You know it is kind of awful that they have video presentation talking about IE change, but doesn’t show clone WoC’s second bounce, instead just go straight to the next point when clone WoC does the first bounce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu-cKaSZbnQ#t=35

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

PU nerf, not a huge nerf.

DD, also not a huge nerf unless we count Warriors and Thieves getting a free pass due to evades/invuln uptime. its hard to dodge / blind the Mesmer while cleaving clones or phantasms. Anets favorite children often get this treatment tho..

Disappointing at the bleed stack and duration time loss.

But really people IE is not a buff, its a bug fix. they are different things entirely. lets not use the incorrect terminology and assign some type of praise to something that is long overdue and hasn’t been correctly accounted for in any builds.

just a thought on the IE Fix, since it hasn’t been present (working to be used) in a Condition build, it may actually require a buff to clone conditions/boons or a similar heavy handed nerf.

Edit:

afterthought, Totally called the PU nerf ahead of time to appease the QQ over the scepter torment Molehill Mountain. didnt think it was coming this patch tho, thought we’d get at least another 9 month run before it showed up.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

(edited by Swish.2463)

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Clone death block able/blind able nerf is a good change. It makes thieves even more dominant over mesmers, but overall it is balance in the right direction.

The double nerf to DD was heavy handed and out of the blue. A lot of CI builds took the trait, and will be hurting.

PU…meh…Perhaps just swiftness and not might. At the very least the might should be 2 stacks instead of just rng dilution.

At least they FINALLY nerfed the source (PU) instead of the usual backdoor nerfs that cripple other potential builds….except with dd….they messed that up.

Now if only the mesmer community could start qqing about Shadow Arts as much as the thief community did about PU….then we could really make some progress.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Oh, WOW. Congratulation that every mesmer will receive these nerfs, even if you would never play a PU based build.

Very nice for pve mesmers that their clone on death are now also effected by these changes. WOOOOOOW.

THANKS! Not.

:(

(edited by Navi.7142)

in Mesmer

mango.9267

Oh, WOW. Congratulation that every mesmer will receive these nerfs, even if you would never play a PU based build.

Very nice for pve mesmers that their clone on death are now also effected by these changes. WOOOOOOW.

THANKS! Not.

…Not every mesmer build is getting nerfed. These nerfs don’t affect phantasm or shatter builds at all. If anything, those builds are getting buffed.

And do mesmers even run clone death traits in PvE?

Second Child

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

I didn’t say every mesmer build. But it could have an effect (for every mesmer player) when you are running such a build or you want to.
However..

I think catering to pvp players and punishing pve mesmers at the same time is bad and I don’t like that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I didn’t say every mesmer build. But it could have an effect (for every mesmer player) when you are running such a build or you want to.
However..

I think catering to pvp players and punishing pve mesmers at the same time is bad and I don’t like that.

Maybe its not a bad idea for Anet to split all skills in game between pve and pvp

Or they could have planned the classes roles more carefully at the start, so they would all have some meta pve build that would be unusable in pvp.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

It would be great if they extend splitting pve and pvp skills. They already did this to a few skills, so that shouldn’t be a problem at all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

Imo PU nerf aint bad except the might part. Seriously 1 stack of a boon that stacks in intensity makes it look more like a filler. I’d much rather have fury tbh. Now on death traits nerf, i think being blocked dodged is fair since everything else pretty much is as well. What i dont get is how blind should affect them. I mean arent they supposed to be exploding? If you blind a terro bomber and he blows up, you wont get hit cause he was blinded, even if you were in range?

Separating pve from pvp wont work for PU since main problem is wvw and in spvp if you run pu you asking your team to leech.

(edited by Eodwen.2613)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

THANKS! Not.

…Not every mesmer build is getting nerfed. These nerfs don’t affect phantasm or shatter builds at all. If anything, those builds are getting buffed.

2 bug fixes aren’t a buff they are bug fixes. Bug fixes that anet has shown can easily fail to actually get right.

Its obvious you don’t play Mesmer and you got your whine granted and the one viable build got nerfed while all the other under preforming builds got nothing so why are you still here? Leave us alone till next year when the Mesmer gets a single buff and begin your campaign to get us nerfed again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Bug fix or not we’ll be more powerful after this update than before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

Bug fix or not we’ll be more powerful after this update than before.

Bug fix or not we’ll suck less then before xD

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Why do people bother so much with these changes on the clone death traits? DD was for a minor trait one of the strongest condition traits in game. The fact that they toned it down is because at some point you just barely could kill some brainless mesmer running full dire with clone death traits just because he was spamming illusions. kittenter you would kill yourself faster due aoe on clones than you would kill the full dire mesmer only spamming clones. Also, this way of applying conditions was the only way in game that ignored evades. Getting buffs on other ways, ’’fair’’ ways, of applying conditions makes it so Condi mesmer gets hurt minimal and probably even buffed.

That said, PU Nerf was needed and the Nerf is so it doesn’t hurt roaming specs that much.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

However..

ummm Yes…

Yes you did..

THANKS! Not.

Congratulation that every mesmer will receive these nerfs,

every mesmer ,

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I haven’t played PU since I switched to a torment shatter build upon the introduction of MtD. Appropriately geared, the torment stacks are so strong I was absolutely positive they’d nerf the kitten out of torment. Instead, they put it on my scepter auto. I’m not sure they’ve thought this through.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

However..

ummm Yes…

Yes you did..

THANKS! Not.

Congratulation that every mesmer will receive these nerfs,

every mesmer ,

lol. nice one

EDIT: it might be a simple misunderstanding/ misinterpretation

(edited by Navi.7142)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Personally I think the clone death changes were fine, however debilitating got a slight overnerf. As for PU, I think it didn’t get nerfed, it simply got a shift in offensive power. Im fine with these changes honestly. If anything, I feel PU got buffed this patch with the way I play it.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

WOW this is dumb as hell! PU was strictly for defensive play (zerk PU mes) and now they add might and swiftness???

It better be 25 stacks of might for 3 secs cause 1 stack for 3 secs on a class that has very few might stack builds that can barely (or not even) synergize with PU doesn’t even make the slightest sense!!! And swiftness? PU builds are about timing when to back out and when to engage also combat movement speed reduction is going to make the boon barely noticeable.

I don’t get where this ludicrous change came from but it needs to go back up the rear!

If they hadn’t effed up the mesmer class in the first place there would be a greater variety of builds with less bawwwing from the PvE’r in sPvP…

And oh let’s see let’s just go on ahead and clip clone death builds while we’re at it…

My zerk Pu build was made to punish players as much as possible using everything mesmer-y as I could… DE, clone death traits, SoI, PU, double vigor, shatters, illusionary defense and whatever else just to make the mesmer experience bearable in PvP…

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

wtf? really? Swiftness and might?…

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Can we get retaliation on the clones?
You cannot evade retaliation, look at Sword #2.

Also were Mesmers the only class that has its changes split into two Ready Ups. I think contrary to popular belief, devs spend a lot of time thinking about us …

in Mesmer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Can we get retaliation on the clones?
You cannot evade retaliation, look at Sword #2.

Also were Mesmers the only class that has its changes split into two Ready Ups. I think contrary to popular belief, devs spend a lot of time thinking about us …

They should have done it year ago but they didn’t. They chose to do it this way because it is dramatic and made it feel like they listen to us. Looks, how many OP PU Mesmer has made in the past, countless, but then they come to us with Mesmer’s Skill Bar “We felt like Scepter Mesmer isn’t at where we want it to be yet” Huh?

All is vain.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I really wish the rng element of PU was removed altogether, maybe even add an internal cool down to it. Something like this:

Idea 1 – all defensive boons:

1st tick – 3s aegis
2nd tick – 5s regen
3rd tick – 3s prot
4th tick – 3s retal

2nd idea – mixed boons

1st tick – 3s aegis
2nd tick – 5s regen
3th tick – 5s 3x might
4th tick – 3s fury

15 second internal cool down. So that means no added benefit with mass invis, moving through veil twice, stacking duration from other stealth skills, or extended stealth from allies (e.g. smoke blast, refuge, etc.). I know these two idea may seem a little whoa OP at first, particularly getting aegis on 1st tick every time, but prot and regen go way down, plus there’s a decent cool down to make it far less useful with stealth spam.

in Mesmer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I’ll just go ahead and say the fact is not necessarily that PU got nerfed with extra boons… It’s just that one of the 2 boons added is might….

PU was a solely defensive utility and they just tossed might on there like no big deal…

There’s vigor, retal, and hell they could of just have added either retal or swiftness for the 4th but might???

Alright, I need someone, anyone, to tell me why a stack of might would even be good or remotely useful.

The Prestige 3s(4s)
Decoy 3s(4s)
MI 5s(6s)

Due to the nature of RNG it’s quite possible to receive no defensive benefit from PU!!!

It’s going to be real amusing to pop out of stealth with mediocre stacks of might or swiftness over any of the defensive boons….

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

mango.9267

2 bug fixes aren’t a buff they are bug fixes. Bug fixes that anet has shown can easily fail to actually get right.

Its obvious you don’t play Mesmer and you got your whine granted and the one viable build got nerfed while all the other under preforming builds got nothing so why are you still here? Leave us alone till next year when the Mesmer gets a single buff and begin your campaign to get us nerfed again.

I care about the health of the game and the overall balance of professions more than I do about my specific build. If you don’t believe I play mesmer, feel free to search my post history. I even posted my build 8 months ago (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/WvW-condi-shatter-roaming-dueling-build/first). The changes that I’m opposing would actually hurt my build, but I think that’s a good thing.

And “only viable build”? Let’s not pretend PU is viable in any game mode except WvW roaming/dueling (and maybe soloQ), where it was far too strong. The high-end PvP shatter specs receive substantial buffs from the mantra changes, greatsword 3 buff, iLeap fix, IE fix, etc.

Lastly, are you going to say the same thing to everyone who agreed with me about scepter AA or PU? That they clearly don’t play mesmer and are just whining?

Second Child

(edited by mango.9267)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

Due to the nature of RNG it’s quite possible to receive no defensive benefit from PU!!!

It’s going to be real amusing to pop out of stealth with mediocre stacks of might or swiftness over any of the defensive boons….

Shortest duration stealth with PU is 4s. You’re looking at a 1.3% chance of gaining nothing but swiftness or might. 0.2% chance of getting nothing but might (or nothing but swiftness). The chance of rolling a precursor out of the MF with exotics is ~0.8%.

Dem 1% odds are just gonna bring all the kittens to the yard.

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

don’t forget the minor traits you have in order to run PU, gain regen at 75% health and gain prot whenever you gain regen. So now if you get a crappy roll on PU, say might, swift, and regen, it will pop prot too. I think the changes are minimal and fair.

What upsets me more is that a lot of these changes are brought on by the insane amount of QQ from the forums after last weeks ready up. The patch isn’t even out yet and we’re getting nerfed. The community frustrates the hell out of me.

Its the only way ANET knows how to balance…forum balancing ftw. They clearly don’t do it by play testing, otherwise these changes would have been in the initial skill bar info instead of following the ready up. All the while, they continue to ignore basic QoL requests like OOC run speed sans focus. They continue to ignore logical requests like a pistol main hand for 1h power builds now that they have moved the scepter more into condi territory.