PU getting nerfed Sep 9th

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

…Not every mesmer build is getting nerfed. These nerfs don’t affect phantasm or shatter builds at all. If anything, those builds are getting buffed.

And do mesmers even run clone death traits in PvE?

2 bug fixes aren’t a buff they are bug fixes. Bug fixes that anet has shown can easily fail to actually get right.

Its obvious you don’t play Mesmer and you got your whine granted and the one viable build got nerfed while all the other under preforming builds got nothing so why are you still here? Leave us alone till next year when the Mesmer gets a single buff and begin your campaign to get us nerfed again.

I care about the health of the game and the overall balance of professions more than I do about my specific build. If you don’t believe I play mesmer, feel free to search my post history. I even posted my build 8 months ago (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/WvW-condi-shatter-roaming-dueling-build/first). The changes that I’m opposing would actually hurt my build, but I think that’s a good thing.

And “only viable build”? Let’s not pretend PU is viable in any game mode except WvW roaming/dueling (and maybe soloQ), where it was far too strong. The high-end PvP shatter specs receive substantial buffs from the mantra changes, greatsword 3 buff, iLeap fix, IE fix, etc.

Lastly, are you going to say the same thing to everyone who agreed with me about scepter AA or PU? That they clearly don’t play mesmer and are just whining?

Its the only viable build because its the only one that has a place where it can preform well (WvW roaming where the enemy is too lazy to run away if losing). All other builds are pretty much useless or outperformed by every other class in their intended role, except maybe throwing out reflects in dungeons.

If you actually played Mesmer you would want actual substantial buffs like the other classes are getting this patch, worthwhile GM traits outside of illusions and some QoL improvements instead of some poorly thought out scepter change, more nerfs and the third time we have been told we will get the same bug fixes that never work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

While I’m not surprised that PU getting nerfed, I am very disappointed about the way they did it. Adding a random non-defensive boon like Might into the mix shows that Anet completely lost touch with the concept of PU, and for what? Just to dilute the boon pool… sigh. Retaliation would have been a a much better boon to add if you really want to dilute the pool of boons getting while in stealth and stay true to its nature, a defensive boon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Its the only viable build because its the only one that has a place where it can preform well (WvW roaming where the enemy is too lazy to run away if losing). All other builds are pretty much useless or outperformed by every other class in their intended role, except maybe throwing out reflects in dungeons.

Calling useless is too harsh imo, but I admit it does take some form of outplayed to defeat other roaming metas kittenter mesmer (you know I mean shatter mesmer here…). D/P thieves are ok but P/D thieves are everywhere these days. I still need to dual some S/D thieves after the patch to see the real effect of their nerf to shatter mesmers.

Who knows, maybe instant area daze from power lock can make mesmers valuable against zergs who can’t organize continuous stability. Combine that with CS or CI and perhaps you’ll see a long tail who can’t stack on commanders.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

PU is an amazing survival tool. Thing is it’s not a necessary survival tool. So the changes introduce a slightly less amazing survival tool, while the reality that PU is not necessary for strong survival still remains.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

While I’m not surprised that PU getting nerfed, I am very disappointed about the way they did it. Adding a random non-defensive boon like Might into the mix shows that Anet completely lost touch with the concept of PU, and for what? Just to dilute the boon pool… sigh. Retaliation would have been a a much better boon to add if you really want to dilute the pool of boons getting while in stealth and stay true to its nature, a defensive boon.

I’m with you on that one. Retaliation would have made more sense. I get that they didn’t pick Vigor because it would have added survivability. But that stack of Might just screams troll to me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arahain.7425

Arahain.7425

If you actually played Mesmer you would want actual substantial buffs like the other classes are getting this patch, worthwhile GM traits outside of illusions and some QoL improvements instead of some poorly thought out scepter change, more nerfs and the third time we have been told we will get the same bug fixes that never work.

Stop it please. All this “PU is the only viable build” rant is really pathetic. We get a strong zerg build (thanks to mantra of pain buff and the distortion on phantasms), buffs to shatter and phantasm builds (really, fixing iLeap is absolutely enough for 4/4/0/0/6 shatter to be a beast again), buffs to our lockdown builds (again, mantra AoE), buffs to our condition builds (torment and staff clones), bugfixes, and a well deserved nerf on one single broken build.

While I agree with you that many GM traits are crap, buffing them would probably be way too much for a single patch. Maybe we will get something done there with the next feature patch, but these fixes and buffs were much more needed!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Throwing out a bit of AOE doesn’t make you a very strong Zerg build. It makes it so you can sort of tag as well as some other classes while Warriors, Necros, Guardians and Eles do the actual work.

You are also naive if you think condition isn’t going to get another nerf as well, they will keep nerfing things about it until they finally realise torment on AA was the problem and nerf that without fixing the mass of things they nerfed in its wake.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Meh. They could…

• Unnerf Blinding Befuddlement
  • Add back some of the old Confusion damage.

Hell, with the prevalence of condi-clear these days, even the original Glamour-bomb would not be as hellish. /shrug

As for Levetty’s comment: I only need to say two words. Necro. Dumbfire.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Throwing out a bit of AOE doesn’t make you a very strong Zerg build. It makes it so you can sort of tag as well as some other classes while Warriors, Necros, Guardians and Eles do the actual work.

You are also naive if you think condition isn’t going to get another nerf as well, they will keep nerfing things about it until they finally realise torment on AA was the problem and nerf that without fixing the mass of things they nerfed in its wake.

100% betting on this to happen.

WvW
Mesmer doesn’t have good AoE weapon sets. That’s the main problem. Necro and eles got their staff and AoE utilities, but look at mesmer. Just now, 2 years in are we getting 2 skills upgraded to AoE. They’ll have their little cute gimmicks but god forbid you slot both or go FULL MANTRA…
So what do we got?
Bouncing attacks between both GS and Staff, Chaos Storm, a minor buff to Mind Stab, and (lol-AoE-ded) Illusionary Berserker…

That leaves us as some sort of lame kitten utility/CC bot…
/WvW

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

…Not every mesmer build is getting nerfed. These nerfs don’t affect phantasm or shatter builds at all. If anything, those builds are getting buffed.

And do mesmers even run clone death traits in PvE?

2 bug fixes aren’t a buff they are bug fixes. Bug fixes that anet has shown can easily fail to actually get right.

Its obvious you don’t play Mesmer and you got your whine granted and the one viable build got nerfed while all the other under preforming builds got nothing so why are you still here? Leave us alone till next year when the Mesmer gets a single buff and begin your campaign to get us nerfed again.

I care about the health of the game and the overall balance of professions more than I do about my specific build. If you don’t believe I play mesmer, feel free to search my post history. I even posted my build 8 months ago (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/WvW-condi-shatter-roaming-dueling-build/first). The changes that I’m opposing would actually hurt my build, but I think that’s a good thing.

And “only viable build”? Let’s not pretend PU is viable in any game mode except WvW roaming/dueling (and maybe soloQ), where it was far too strong. The high-end PvP shatter specs receive substantial buffs from the mantra changes, greatsword 3 buff, iLeap fix, IE fix, etc.

Lastly, are you going to say the same thing to everyone who agreed with me about scepter AA or PU? That they clearly don’t play mesmer and are just whining?

You mean it’s the only viable build who let kill enemy with a passive gameplay who requires same effort of an hambow warrior cause otw we are playing different games

And regardless all these cry pu will stay viable even post patch and nerf, you’d only have to move 20 trait and change a weapon set

If you want to bet..

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Remove might it counters the defense chosen purpose of PU, fine with swiftness added with torment it should slow down the marathon when you see a condition mesmer.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

lol what is everyone crying about?

The PU nerf was hardly a nerf. It only sucks because you won’t get aegis as frequently anymore. But swiftness and might are nice too. The only issue I have with this is that the might should last at least 10sec, not 3…

As for clone death, really? First of all, if you’re relying on clone death for your damage, that is a terribly bad AND passive strategy. It makes 100% sense for the death attacks to be avoidable, allowing for more counterplay.

Think about it this way: now a clone death can soak up a blind or aegis, allowing you to hit with phantasms or some other more important skill. It can even force an evade. I think this adds more strategic depth.

Overall, I think these nerfs were warranted especially considering the buffs to scepter and staff clones. My only question is: when they say clone deaths can be blinded, does that mean that it’ll miss if you or blinded, or if that clone is blinded?

in Mesmer

blakdoxa.7520

lol what is everyone crying about?

The PU nerf was hardly a nerf. It only sucks because you won’t get aegis as frequently anymore. But swiftness and might are nice too. The only issue I have with this is that the might should last at least 10sec, not 3…

As for clone death, really? First of all, if you’re relying on clone death for your damage, that is a terribly bad AND passive strategy. It makes 100% sense for the death attacks to be avoidable, allowing for more counterplay.

Think about it this way: now a clone death can soak up a blind or aegis, allowing you to hit with phantasms or some other more important skill. It can even force an evade. I think this adds more strategic depth.

Overall, I think these nerfs were warranted especially considering the buffs to scepter and staff clones. My only question is: when they say clone deaths can be blinded, does that mean that it’ll miss if you or blinded, or if that clone is blinded?

Now tell me what exactly does 1 stack of might in PU do?

Clone death traits are there to punish players for killing them. What you just said pretty much means having illusions at all, you know our class mechanic, is horrible in itself and not playing with illusions makes for a more active experience.

Now this just encourages other professions to lay on the blinds, blocks, and etc. while 1-hit cleaving our clones….

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

the change is fine.. it isnt the end of the world every little change that happens. whatever they blind all your clones and cleave them down.. i have an idea.. dodge roll some more out.. stand next to those clones and torment block.. blind your enemy with torch stealth.. or not care and just make more clones. one defensive cooldown burned.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Long time coming really..thank god the mesmer community gave a decent feedback or as some narrow-minded ppl calls it: “QQ”.
PU mesmers are just stupidly OP..and dont say you can avoid them in WvW cause you can’t when they sitting on a camp or attacking it while you there..they just roamed the bl and really ppl just run away from them or get killed by follishly attacking them,that is no way of playing this game,so this “nerf” and by "" I mean that is not a huge one,was loooong time coming.

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

so in your opinion.. what profession should you be able to kill 1v1 when they are standing on a camp. if you cant kill a person because they have 5 npc with them.. that is balance..

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

Roam with a group. The same hate towards pu is shared with thieves. The stealth and target drops anger people. Although watching a warrior run away is frustrating to people here also. The game mode is wvw get a group kill the solo roamer or don’t solo roam.

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

Clone death traits are there to punish players for killing them.

Stop to troll people speaking like you are talking with people who has no clue about what clone death traits are

If clone death traits would REALLY supposes to “punish players for killing them” THEN clone death traist should NOT apply on refreshing illusion.

Tell the truth.

Tell that with 3 illusion out if one of them is a clone you just need to dodge (even from stealth) to make debilitating dissipation proc on the clone you are refreshing and that’s unblockable or undodgiable (and bypass immunity too).

Tell that with debilation dissipation trait (2 point required to get it) now you can stack up nearly perma weakness, 3/6 vuln stack, 3/6 bleed stack simply DODGING FROM STEALTH and enemy cant either target you or avoid DD proc in any way.

Tell that you enemy now is gonna taking dd proc even under immunity while dodging and not attacking all.

You guys should grow up, if you want to speak about balance at least avoid to write false sentences like "Clone death traits are there to punish players for killing them. "

Everybody here know clone death trait are all upon STACK UP WEAKNESS, BLEED AND VULN, CRIPPLE AND CONFUSION on your enemy without the enemy could avoid it in any way (even going afk)

Everybody here know also clone death nerf is simple giving enemy an option to counter clone death trait.

And this is good.

Tell the truth, you are crying cause you simply dont want ANY COUNTER to clone death traits

FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

in Mesmer

denis.9487

“Tell that with 3 illusion out if one of them is a clone you just need to dodge (even from stealth) to make debilitating dissipation proc on the clone you are refreshing and that’s unblockable or dodgiable and go trough immunity.”
Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief
What you stated is a half truth. Tell the truth the mesmer dodge rolled but it’s died to endurance. That mesmer used all evades to spam what? Some rng weakness vuln or bleed. The mesmer cannot evade that cc now. There was counter play involved already on top of not killing clones also bait out dodge rolls and then drop hammer on mesmer.

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

“Tell that with 3 illusion out if one of them is a clone you just need to dodge (even from stealth) to make debilitating dissipation proc on the clone you are refreshing and that’s unblockable or dodgiable and go trough immunity.”
What you stated is a half truth. Tell the truth the mesmer dodge rolled but it’s died to endurance. That mesmer used all evades to spam what? Some rng weakness vuln or bleed. The mesmer cannot evade that cc now. There was counter play involved already on top of not killing clones also bait out dodge rolls and then drop hammer on mesmer.

pro tips, your weapons summon illusion, ever heard of scepter aa?

take out 3 illusion

stealth

dodge

50% vigor uptime

2x sigil of energy

maybe?

stop kidding mate, if you feel pro or think that proccing clone death trait requires skill or it’s hard you should really consider hambow war to get some high end skill build to have fun

make a reason, its finally come the time for you to learn your own base class mechanics. I know its bad for you but thats a great day for the game

FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

in Mesmer

denis.9487

Glad you used all our mechanics instead of saying dodge rolling. Our damage is tied to all those weapons you listed(another thread perhaps). Sigils all can use. Just making a correction to simply dodge rolling as being the offender. I play how I want if I play pu,so should you.

in Mesmer

blakdoxa.7520

pro tips, your weapons summon illusion, ever heard of scepter aa?

take out 3 illusion

stealth

dodge

50% vigor uptime

2x sigil of energy

maybe?

stop kidding mate, if you feel pro or think that proccing clone death trait requires skill or it’s hard you should really consider hambow war to get some high end skill build to have fun

make a reason, its finally come the time for you to learn your own base class mechanics. I know its bad for you but thats a great day for the game

And you don’t think there are a combination of things at work to make all this happen?
I don’t know… Like it was intended?
Unfortunately, mesmer has to rely on a passive, AI mechanic and for shame on those who realize this and optimize the best they can cause that’s just how the class is.

Really if it irks you so, would you consider not having clone death traits at all?

I’m sure it would be fantastic to have no consequences for destroying them. You’d have to shatter and hope they don’t get killed en route to your target!!!

Thinking about it further this is likely a hit on DE since nearly every mesmer build uses this.
Do you think we should just toss out DE as well since it promotes passive play through clone death traits??

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

Glad you used all our mechanics instead of saying dodge rolling. Our damage is tied to all those weapons you listed(another thread perhaps). Sigils all can use. Just making a correction to simply dodge rolling as being the offender. I play how I want if I play pu,so should you.

Yeah, its wise to play whaterever i want, and i agree.

Sadly this thread is not about “playing whaterever you want”.

This thread is about “complaining for a nerf”.

And the nerf is: OMG anet added a counter way to clone on death trait.

Now people can dodge them, or use aegis or immunity to avoid DD proc.

This doesnt seem the end of the world.. well, in true, skill and counterskill are the base of what is called “skilled game”

Then, the fact itself you are complaining cause your opponent from 9th semptember would be able, after hitting a key, to counter a 2 point trait, its hilarious.

Exaclty how its hilarious, seeing people trying to clutching at straws to hide the simple to dont want opponent to be able to counter clone death trait in anyway <3

FREE PYRO

in Mesmer

denis.9487

The play how you want was in response to your pro statement and the learning of my class mechanics when last I checked clone deaths was a mechanic.

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

The play how you want was in response to your pro statement and the learning of my class mechanics when last I checked clone deaths was a mechanic.

yeah that’s exactly what clutching at straws means

http://goo.gl/j77tio

be honest, you can change the topic 1k times and still you’ll be here crying only because you dont want clone on death trait to be counterable

truth its so easy..

FREE PYRO

in Mesmer

denis.9487

The part your missing is you are choosing one aspect while I am considering another. Sadly your not my mate bro or friend. I am just voicing an opinion not of your own yet I got mate I’m pro learn my mechanics.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I can’t speak to the on-death clone changes since I don’t use those traits.

The change to the PU trait seems fine to me.

It seems like 80% of people always just assume that the PU trait means the blackwater build. So I was a bit worried that any change to the trait was going to hurt all uses of PU. The trait is still valuable for me, and I plan to keep using it.

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

The part your missing is you are choosing one aspect while I am considering another. Sadly your not my mate bro or friend. I am just voicing an opinion not of your own yet I got mate I’m pro learn my mechanics.

i dont think this make any sense O.o

FREE PYRO

in Mesmer

denis.9487

Ok so let me try and explain. Our damage is lower because we have phantasm/clones. So by letting our damage source be killed we are at a severe disadvantage. Whether you agree or not. The tone of your thread was condescending because I disagreed with your thoughts. The first post about dodge rolling was a half truth since dodging is tied to endurance. So counter play is avoid deaths or bait dodges. This caused you to bring up our core weapon skills which make us a mesmer. The nerf effects all builds not just pu. The threat of our clones is minimized and we have no up front damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Ok so let me try and explain. Our damage is lower because we have phantasm/clones. So by letting our damage source be killed we are at a severe disadvantage. Whether you agree or not. The tone of your thread was condescending because I disagreed with your thoughts. The first post about dodge rolling was a half truth since dodging is tied to endurance. So counter play is avoid deaths or bait dodges. This caused you to bring up our core weapon skills which make us a mesmer. The nerf effects all builds not just pu. The threat of our clones is minimized and we have no up front damage.

It doesn’t affect Shatter… Its getting buffed – maybe try that?

(edited by Coulter.2315)

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

and even most power/phantasm dont even take on death traits. for real the only people who are relying on on death traits for anythign are people running condi.

why would a power phant build of any kind rely on death traits to kill anyone.. or even defend thier phants. with 100 condi damage you arent relying on 1/3 chance for bleeds in any way. why would an interupt build care about this.. why would shatter care.. there is a very small segment of mesmer specs that these changes will bother.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

why would a power phant build of any kind rely on death traits to kill anyone..

It’s easy to make clones even in a phantasm build, and most people forget that 4s of weakness is actually quite powerful…

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

i agree that very tiny things add up. but your kills arent based on your death traits landing or not.. if your enemy is burning defensive cooldowns to dodge on death traits that is silly vs someone who is phantasms. it is just going to be a bi product of whatever else is happening in the fight.

if the enemy blocks a phantasm.. and a clone happens to die at the same time.. or something like that. you get aoe blinded to stop you from casting a phantasm.. and it splashes onto a clone that happens to die..

it is not an active ability that now has counter play..

it is a passive ability that now has a just as passive counter.

(edited by zaxon.6819)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azo.5860

Azo.5860

I think thats all fine.. As for gvg mesmers, pu maybe better however survival efficient ll highy decreased.. Swiftness which is cons for gvg zergs.. As roaming with small scale by zergs.. Its fine.. Survival, however invis making high dmg mitigation.. Might can be usefull for more offensive use of pu.. Probably might ll be 3x but 5sec.. Cuz it hink it ll fit more than 1x of 15sec might.. 5sec is not high cuz however in invis u ll lack some secs + if u use skill with 1sec or can be more.. However if it trigger much it can be op? dunno while protection can make %33 damage reduction how much might ill require to let %33 damage…? Can be a thing.. And maybe ordered boons can be nice..

Clone death.. While if blinds aegis ll be triggered, it gives opportunity to cleanse your blind and his aegis with lower risk, evading can effect highy this trait however clone death is efficient sinergy deuling X which has high clone generation.. But risk ll be if u dont use duelX there ll no influence on clone death traits.. As i know clone death is not working with phantasm :S i forgot..

Dd as well highly efficient skill exactly if weakness triggered.. Ahh no we know that not all effects triggered 1/3 is.. Thse changes ll effect much tanky condi spects.. However there is no meta use in competitive pvp.. Which means these changes is not game breaking (gw2 = tpvp thats it) there is other part of game has offical ranks, organization, fairness, esport bla bla.. Wvw solo roaming tank condi spec efficient in terms of survivability while doing damage spec.. ll decreased.. I think which is not bad.. It remind me some of my old pov.. However which is my first solo roam experiment, http://youtu.be/b-OKwDp-TYM cant show much but maybe this could show how pu can be annoying.. http://youtu.be/qvGR9NWFAXA if it would nowadays it would much more efficient with lastly changes than video time.. Anyway there is no meta use of tanky condi pu builds except solo roam..

The thing is scepter AA, and if clones give torment is not good ll be too much dps.. If specter attack1 as now butattack2 can give torments 1 maybe for 2sec? And third attack can give 2 torment for 3 sec.. Which has 4 secs risk to chain all attack seems fair to me.. Some stuff i tried math.. But slacked cant finished.. Probable correct but ignore skill co efficient if it is not naked (ishould edit it) https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/DPS-Scepter-AA-vs-Staff-AA/4351755

Azolina – Mesmer
“There Is No Shame In Not Knowing; the Shame Lies In Not Finding Out.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

I was just going to make a post on the state of mez in PvP. Every mez I come across is playing pu or a variant of it. Then I came across this post.

I have to say I am glad and can’t wait for this change to be implemented.

We will note see who is a mez and who is not. What I mean is who play the class because they like the class and the game play to those who play the class because of how op a pu build can be..

So to those that are crying about this change, either you learn to play a different build or go play another class.

It that simple.

in Mesmer

Azo.5860

I was just going to make a post on the state of mez in PvP. Every mez I come across is playing pu or a variant of it. Then I came across this post.

We will note see who is a mez and who is not. What I mean is who play the class because they like the class and the game play to those who play the class because of how op a pu build can be..

So to those that are crying about this change, either you learn to play a different build or go play another class.

It that simple.

And pls divide competitive gaming and casual gaming.. It ll help more on state of mes..

Azolina – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: TrueNoodles.3850

TrueNoodles.3850

It that simple.

And pls divide competitive gaming and casual gaming.. It ll help more on state of mes..

PU is a crutch for players who can’t play just as how SA is a crutch for bad thieves who think they are good.

Mesmer – Amras Inglorion[BLNT][Ae]

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Seriously though no one really welcome PU in tPvP. sPvP maybe, but it still puts more weigh on the rest of the teammates. People run PU in hotjoins because no one really cares about winning the round, most people only see dueling or zerging there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

Wow, not only that Anet manage to nerf PU but they manage to nerf every other builds just because secpter’s AA got buff. I guess this is the usual mesmer update that we all seen it coming

in Mesmer

Blades of Sabatine.5639

It that simple.

I don’t agree with pu not been good in competitive game play. Yes in most cases you won’t run it cause of point loss when you stay hidden for to long, but you can play pu as an offensive play.

If you look at each skills and say this is all difference or offence, then you are narrowing your view of the class.

We not seeing mez in high level pvp game is more to do with the class been broken or all the bugs or Anet not sure how to balance the class and not the build/pu.

I am not going to get into any text war with anyone over my thoughts on pu and competitive tpvp, this are my thoughts and I stand by it.

in Mesmer

Azo.5860

It that simple.

I don’t agree with pu not been good in competitive game play. Yes in most cases you won’t run it cause of point loss when you stay hidden for to long, but you can play pu as an offensive play.

If you look at each skills and say this is all difference or offence, then you are narrowing your view of the class.

We not seeing mez in high level pvp game is more to do with the class been broken or all the bugs or Anet not sure how to balance the class and not the build/pu.

I am not going to get into any text war with anyone over my thoughts on pu and competitive tpvp, this are my thoughts and I stand by it.

As i say competitive gaming is just tpvp in gw2 cuz of his offically ranking, which can be esport, and compare to spvp it is synced and organized..

Anyway i would like to ask u then why dont u swap thief or other classes kitten better overall efficient than u to his team.. At least shatter spec..

Or yes ofc u can how u like to but it is described as casual gaming..
Competitive gaming is trying to do your team best, (it cant be Spvp then cuz it is 5v5)

Azolina – Mesmer

in Mesmer

blakdoxa.7520

It that simple.

All I got was that hot join defined how bad PU mesmer is and ANet apparently made balance changes around that “sole” build.
With some other marginal changes too, if you believe.

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

Blades of Sabatine.5639

It that simple.

As i say competitive gaming is just tpvp in gw2 cuz of his offically ranking, which can be esport, and compare to spvp it is synced and organized..

Anyway i would like to ask u then why dont u swap thief or other classes kitten better overall efficient than u to his team.. At least shatter spec..

Or yes ofc u can how u like to but it is described as casual gaming..
Competitive gaming is trying to do your team best, (it cant be Spvp then cuz it is 5v5)

First thieves and other class have faster movement speed than us; they can get to points faster than a mez. If we have to pursue this kind of game play, we will sacrifices too much in damage and self/team utilities are more favorable.
Like I said, I don’t believe the build is the cause of lack of mez in a competitive games, but the class as a whole which Anet do not seem to understand; and if they do ,they don’t know how to fix it without making us too OP or hitting us with a bat.

Also the game does not revolve around spvp or tpvp, we have other game mode which I would say are been played more.

Not to digress too much from the topic, Like I said, I am happy with the changes cause and I hope it will stop those that run pu for how OP it meant be in competitive or non -competitive game type and maybe they start trying new builds. But I see this not happening since they now give pu some offensive abilities.

As for the clone death nerf, I can’t say I know the practical impart until well tested. Fire fox, has given us a theoretical results of a loss of half the damage. This might not only affect those build that relay on this, but can also affect more than we think and see. But I still like to see the actual practical results.

in Mesmer

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

PU mesmer’s tears…………………………………………………………………………………………….

“booo now I’m gonna be facerolled by everyone”—→yes, as you should have always been for avoiding improving at this game.

The nerf was needed. If you think otherwise, you should really start questioning your skill in the game.
Decent mesmers will still win EZ with their Scepter Buff though.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

Well, you seem to miss up some things:

1) IE itself its gonna add a 30% dmg on condie build with 3 clones up
2) Scepter buff its gonna add some more dmg too

PU isnt just blackwater (4 4 6 0 0) and blackwater isnt stated from god. You can apply these buff even on pu builds.

Thne you miss some additional fact:

1) shatter mesmer cant randomly shatter. They have to check target buff\animation to be sure they arent blocking\immune\evading. This isnt an issue cause if target is in immunity\block\evading you hold your shatter skill till it last then you shatter.

2) lockdown mesmer cant randomly daze\stun\interrupt. They have to check target buff\animation to be sure they arent blocking\immune\evading or with stability. This isnt an issue cause if target is in immunity\block\evading you hold your CC skill till it last then you shatter. Or you remove stabby then CC

After 9th september PU mesmer will have to do the same.. Check buff\animation, if target is immunity\block or evading do not waste your clone summoning skill to refresh clone, wait till it last (or stealth) then go.

So checking enemy buff\block\immunity\blind\evading\animation isnt an issue for shatter and lockdown mesmer but you tell me its a big issue for pu mesmer.

Then you tell me i act like a pro. But that’s no true, you are the one telling me that pu mesmer cant to what other mesmer build are already doing..

FREE PYRO

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

the fact ppl continue to forget is the pu OPiness isnt the DD trait alone

it is combination of both stealth and clone deaths trait

if you take out the stealth i am sure ppl wouldnt be so much unti for the clone death traits change

if the mesmer can use stealth efective as any thief it is worng for me (i play both thief and mesmer)

if the trait which gives boons on stealth would have been 3 boon for 3 sec and 15-20 sec cooldown it would push the pu mesmer to more tactical active game play and not just hiding and be immunie to attack from blocks and protection

also anet gave us torment and more conditions from AA and IE trait which should compenstate the loss from clone death traits while having to be more active in gameplay and not just spamming clone to death

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Saying it again remove the might from PU fine with everything else.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Mesmer

blakdoxa.7520

the fact ppl continue to forget is the pu OPiness isnt the DD trait alone

it is combination of both stealth and clone deaths trait

if you take out the stealth i am sure ppl wouldnt be so much unti for the clone death traits change

if the mesmer can use stealth efective as any thief it is worng for me (i play both thief and mesmer)

if the trait which gives boons on stealth would have been 3 boon for 3 sec and 15-20 sec cooldown it would push the pu mesmer to more tactical active game play and not just hiding and be immunie to attack from blocks and protection

also anet gave us torment and more conditions from AA and IE trait which should compenstate the loss from clone death traits while having to be more active in gameplay and not just spamming clone to death

They are both simply modifications to the AA… I don’t know how this is encouraging active gameplay. :|
Definitely not the torment change and IE adds additional damage through an extra bounce for Winds of Chaos, which deals condition damage….

What is going on here…. It’s more like stamping the seal of approval for passive mesmer gameplay…

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

It that simple.

Umm no.

PU isn’t used because of it’s reliance on a the one trait, which requires you to stealth btw, and it’s inability to do a significant amount of DPS to a bunker, or someone holding a point.
In a team game, cleanses are being tossed out at random thanks to most comps running 1+ ele.
and because of the abundance of hambow this meta the chances of your conditions sticking is low, resulting in a longer TTK, much longer than say a shatter mes, which is one of the spec’s most used in tpvp because of its burst ability.

In Tpvp, the objective is to hold points.
PU can not do that efficiently, therefore
PU is not a good competitive build.
No matter how you try and spin it.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Scepter buff far outweighs PU nerf