Post Your Build Thread

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tormod the Fox.2368

Tormod the Fox.2368

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQRAsd8cnsISBa2qGWqB1aIR1QM5pVn+5wjkKQpKB-TRCGABn9EAcb/hjU24kSoiUKYp6PAcSAKT/gfKBJEAytA-e

A fun phantasm build with sword on m/h on both weapon sets.
I have not tested if Signet of Ether with random Protection is enough to sustain Fractal dmg.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: EricMcElroy.8614

EricMcElroy.8614

Trying out a new build that has been working well for me in solo arenas.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VNFFg%3B1k2l6107cW-71%3B9%3B4JJ-T-25-47%3B2384%3B1LJV44%3B1KJG4KJG45q

S/S and GS
You are a bit squishy with this build, but the blinds/distortion/retaliation and Feedback make up for it.

Fight from the outside of the battle and let your clones do most of the work. Drop Feedback on the ranged classes.

Activating a signet grants distortion. I usually pop Signet of Midnight when I’m close to dying for the AoE blind and distortion, which then grants me time to cast my Signet of the Ether for healing and another second of distortion equalling 2 full seconds of distortion.

You give up mobility with this build, and there is no blink. You get use to it. Once you get your timing down on when to pop distortions and using feedback, you become near invincible.

I hope you enjoy the build. Any tips and constructive criticism is most welcomed.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lefty.8167

Lefty.8167

Hey it’s Kir Royale! The big pink norn mesmer guy?

I’ve been asked a few times for my mesmer spvp build so here it is: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAR7ansISja2pGmpB3aIB3YM1EnaGU+TTlOgB+F-TJRAwAAeCAUuIA92fQdZAA

Really it just spams bleed on everything until it dies because your illusions crit chance is so high in tandem with the sharper images trait. With 3 regular clones and yourself auto attacking with GS you’ll be able to keep 10+ stacks of bleed as a constant minimum. Using other skills like GS 4 and Pistol 4 you’ll see the bleed stacks go up to 20+.

Your main focus is to keep yourself at 3 clones at all times and keep yourself alive with the silly amounts of stun breakers and counters you have. Prioritise GS clones because their basic attack hits way more often for more bleeds. It’s fairly simplistic but it works really well right now with everyone running bunker everything for some reason.

Main rotation:

Mirror images > GS 4 > weapon swap > pistol 4 > scepter 3

If you get all of that in you’re looking at 1500 – 2000 bleed ticks with confusion thrown in. GG hf!

(edited by Lefty.8167)

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Karkas.5837

Karkas.5837

Here’s my Phantasm Build ! A very simple and effective spike damage build based on our lovely phantasms! It’s a lot of fun!

You can see it in action here:

http://youtu.be/MxkdgAu7nfY

Or straight up build here:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAR8alknpRtlpxDNMrRSqxcqnQ5XrRyBCokf0NA-TJBBwAAuIA02focZgAPBAA

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: seweren.2573

seweren.2573

sPvP Build :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAW8dl0npIt1oxKNMrNytxYyKe40zkyLlMggB-TJhGwAb2fAwFBowTAQZZAA

Now I can Keep Points against the Meta Builds!

Healer and Condi Removal Support + Reflect against Pew Pew + Moa Lich

Runes and Second Sigils even Amulet can be personalized.

One Question : Restorative Mantras or Harmonious Mantras?

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

PvP:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAR8flknpMtNqxWNMrNipxg6yebOSGQDlMkxB-TpBFwACuAAl2fgwRAYxBBoaZAAPAAA

Standard shatter build but using Masterful Reflection which is amazing. Not many people use it nor do enemies expect it – especially Lich Form Necros when they blast their own face off.

Portal because of the stomps, positioning, and team movement. I swap this out depending on comp setup but mostly use Portal.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

(edited by phokus.8934)

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rentlle.1370

Rentlle.1370

Hi guys,

i need some advice on the new trait-system that is upcomming.
I’m a pve-player, noticing that mesmers in higher areas Anet is developping (dry top, silverwastes) are more viable when using a lot of interrupts.

I also noticed the “warden’s feedback” is placed in a more “supportish” tier…
We can no longer go full dmg + reflect so it seems :/

So my question:
Could anyone give me some “general lineup” what a Reflect-phantasm-interrupt-dmg build is going to look?
if that is even possible…

with or without chronomancer :p

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Hi guys,

i need some advice on the new trait-system that is upcomming.
I’m a pve-player, noticing that mesmers in higher areas Anet is developping (dry top, silverwastes) are more viable when using a lot of interrupts.

I also noticed the “warden’s feedback” is placed in a more “supportish” tier…
We can no longer go full dmg + reflect so it seems :/

So my question:
Could anyone give me some “general lineup” what a Reflect-phantasm-interrupt-dmg build is going to look?
if that is even possible…

with or without chronomancer :p

Stats are going to be removed from traitlines so you can easily spec full offence and take inpsiration traits for focus etc – traitlines will be more about flavour instead of kind of defining your stats as they do currently.

There should be some awesome reflects after patch – with evasive mirror, master of manipulation (reflects after blink, MI, AT, and extra for mirror heal which will also be on reduced cooldown), traited focus, maybe the shield trait will allow that to reflect (just guessing – but maybe not because it would step on the toes of the focus). I think honestly my favourite thing after the patch will be all the reflect access.

I’d imagine you could take Domination (key interrupt/damage traits for yourself and phantasms), Duelling (phantasmal fury, good choice of master traits and harmonious mantras) and Inspiration (menders purity, focus, good choice of grandmasters).

(edited by Curunen.8729)

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tapioca.9450

Tapioca.9450

Dear Robert Gee ,i love playing condi staff mesmer please dont make me choose between condi on toughness and the staff recharge rate in the chaos line it really punishes my build please please i hope you get this thanks for all you do.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rikit Runk.5170

Rikit Runk.5170

Hi, have just created this Build:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-R;4VPV1127BW-71;9;4SVU;0038146236;4Ucl6I;1wl6Uwl6UNBGvcF35;3K-P0T1ZYdZi_7Z-870HV8aNX8aV

I loved the lockdown mesmer pre patch, and hoped to create something simmilar.
This build is aimed at WvW Zerg surfing, while still being viable, when noone else is nearby, to help me.

Does it make any sense? what would you change, to improve it?
Some things, i really love in the pre patchversion, and would love to keep:
Fokus 4, so great in wvw to pull some off a cliff.
GS, absolute love this weapon. It feels so right.
Rune of Vampirism, can’t count how often mistform saved my live.
Everythign else: i’am open for improvements.

(edited by Rikit Runk.5170)

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Greasy.7609

Greasy.7609

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsfRlknpRtFqxVNMrNiqBhyukGSGgFU6OsteC-TZhAABC8IAC4IAQ4+DAcCAErMAA

All out attack with illusions high precison and ferocity and torch tactics to burn and get out of harm’s way for a while. (also 4 and 5 on the torch take away conditions with cleansing conflargaration.)

Let the illusions do the damage for you and DE to make yourself less likely to be found by the enemy team.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-R;4kUVz0C7wW-71;9;4WUV;0256247247;4143G00;0bUytbUytIsFq7KZ7;2Vk9nep9seu9x99eWPk4R06Rk06RI

So fun. Basically, just blind w counterspell and then use confuse ray. Next run up and blind w the prestige. If there are any allies around wait until you get a few boons from PU and summon phantasmal mage to trigger illusionary inspiration. Then just auto and shatter em down.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

The Zor PvP Glamour Support Build

Amulet: Cele
Rune: Traveler
Weapons: Staff / Greatsword
Sigils: Energy, Generosity / Energy, Doom
Traits:
Dueling: I, V, IX
Inspiration: I, V, IX
Illusions: I, VI, VIII

Skills Selected:
Ether Feast, Blink, Null Field, Feedback, Timewarp.

All rights reserved- Illusionary Zor 29/06/2015

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kamikaze.6387

Kamikaze.6387

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Greasy.7609

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8fnsICtqhFqBOoBMrhlUDCtBrZ7kDoEBo8DJvbA-TZhAAB0XGQgrAQAPAAl2fAgDCAA

My Cat Mage attack build. based upon phantasms doing the damage for me. The torch 4 and 5 remove condtions as well do signets. I have shatter to blind and do some damage and reflect with F4 (Distortion.) I’m not using a complex build it’s just all out attack. DE adds to shatter fodder as does disenchanter to knock away condtions and boons from the opposite color team.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garky.1735

Garky.1735

This is my Agents of Chaos build; http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8dnsICNqhdqBuqBUrhFWDiMBBI4lPY4XDNL/cKA-TpBBABHcQAA4CAExDAQw9HC5IAIWZAA

I’ve been using this build on my Mesmer since I created it. I tried the sw/sw approach, I tried s/f, s/t, s/p, sw/p; I never really liked any of them. Before the condition changes in the June 23rd feature patch, I had been using my staff as my main weapon for a couple of reasons:
*It’s rotation is fluid as kitten.
*Staff clones don’t do damage, but they’re bouncing conditions do.
*It offers excellent utility and defensive capabilities, and unsurpassed group management. I can facetank a champ with this no problem, and never even get downed, but I can just easily tank 3 veterans and all their little friends and achieve the same results.
*Chaos. Chaos for days.

See, I originally started it as a pve build. I found that I was dying a lot in the early levels using most other weapons; exception being sw/sw, but I just didn’t like the play style. I did like GS, but it just doesn’t do the job for what I wanted. So, I picked up the staff. Suddenly, I had 3 clones up at all times, they were all attacking and applying random condi’s and boons, and I watched my condition damage stack on and exponentiate faster than I thought possible.
Running around with a guildmate of mine, she took note of how I played my mesmer, and told me I should try it in PvP. So I did. It wrecks face there, too.
Here’s the strategy:
Draw the enemy into your Chaos Storm, and 2 out, casting a free chaos armor on yourself and generating your first clone. Immediately cast mirror images, or cast decoy and dodge roll away. Suddenly you have 3 clones bouncing bolts off your enemies.
Now. The kicker.
Ignore that shatter button. Ignore it completely. You don’t need it yet. There are fights where you’ll never need it.
Never.
This seems kind of wrong, right? It’s not. Those clones of yours stack conditions and boons like crazy, and once fully traited, the damage is admirable. The closer your clones are to the enemy, the better; less travel time on the conditions. Watch as 2, 3, 4, 9, the number doesn’t really matter, fall to your chaotic onslaught. As long as you keep Chaos Storm down on the highest concentration of enemies/idiots, and keep your clone train rolling, you’re virtually unstoppable.
Now, the awesome thing is, you have those 4 lovely shatter buttons waiting to be pressed. You CAN press them. I’ll blow up my first 3 with F2 for confusion on higher level enemies, and then blow up my next 3 with Wrack for burst if I am in a hurry. Otherwise, I pretty much let them sit there and bounce stack conditions. That shatter button is tempting, but it’s only for situational usage. Or confusing the kitten out of an enemy player…
Anyways. I’ve been trying to find someone with more experience than I who runs a build similar to mine, with the same sort of play style as mine. Most are overly focused on shattering, and don’t make full use of the beauty that is Winds of Chaos.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: mattattack.1673

mattattack.1673

This is my Agents of Chaos build; http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8dnsICNqhdqBuqBUrhFWDiMBBI4lPY4XDNL/cKA-TpBBABHcQAA4CAExDAQw9HC5IAIWZAA

I’ve been using this build on my Mesmer since I created it. I tried the sw/sw approach, I tried s/f, s/t, s/p, sw/p; I never really liked any of them. Before the condition changes in the June 23rd feature patch, I had been using my staff as my main weapon for a couple of reasons:
*It’s rotation is fluid as kitten.
*Staff clones don’t do damage, but they’re bouncing conditions do.
*It offers excellent utility and defensive capabilities, and unsurpassed group management. I can facetank a champ with this no problem, and never even get downed, but I can just easily tank 3 veterans and all their little friends and achieve the same results.
*Chaos. Chaos for days.

See, I originally started it as a pve build. I found that I was dying a lot in the early levels using most other weapons; exception being sw/sw, but I just didn’t like the play style. I did like GS, but it just doesn’t do the job for what I wanted. So, I picked up the staff. Suddenly, I had 3 clones up at all times, they were all attacking and applying random condi’s and boons, and I watched my condition damage stack on and exponentiate faster than I thought possible.
Running around with a guildmate of mine, she took note of how I played my mesmer, and told me I should try it in PvP. So I did. It wrecks face there, too.
Here’s the strategy:
Draw the enemy into your Chaos Storm, and 2 out, casting a free chaos armor on yourself and generating your first clone. Immediately cast mirror images, or cast decoy and dodge roll away. Suddenly you have 3 clones bouncing bolts off your enemies.
Now. The kicker.
Ignore that shatter button. Ignore it completely. You don’t need it yet. There are fights where you’ll never need it.
Never.
This seems kind of wrong, right? It’s not. Those clones of yours stack conditions and boons like crazy, and once fully traited, the damage is admirable. The closer your clones are to the enemy, the better; less travel time on the conditions. Watch as 2, 3, 4, 9, the number doesn’t really matter, fall to your chaotic onslaught. As long as you keep Chaos Storm down on the highest concentration of enemies/idiots, and keep your clone train rolling, you’re virtually unstoppable.
Now, the awesome thing is, you have those 4 lovely shatter buttons waiting to be pressed. You CAN press them. I’ll blow up my first 3 with F2 for confusion on higher level enemies, and then blow up my next 3 with Wrack for burst if I am in a hurry. Otherwise, I pretty much let them sit there and bounce stack conditions. That shatter button is tempting, but it’s only for situational usage. Or confusing the kitten out of an enemy player…
Anyways. I’ve been trying to find someone with more experience than I who runs a build similar to mine, with the same sort of play style as mine. Most are overly focused on shattering, and don’t make full use of the beauty that is Winds of Chaos.

This build is actually amazing.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: KingZmaN.6473

KingZmaN.6473

To: GW2 Developers

Subject: 4 mantras w/ “Harmonious Mantras” playstyles

GW2 Developers,

Will there be any buff to 4 mantras w/ “Harmonious Mantras” playstyles?

Currently, 4 mantras w/ “Harmonious Mantras” playstyles have no way to produce clones that don’t require a successful “hit” since “Deceptive Evasion” is now a ‘Dueling’ GrandMaster trait – will this change in the future?

In light of the changes to “Prismatic Understanding” (100% stealth duration increase), other GrandMaster traits are lackluster in comparison – therefore encouraging one kind of playstyle from mesmers in PvP which is surprising coming from ANET’s GW2.

I prefer using 4 mantras w/ “Harmonious Mantras” for their flexibility from being instant cast and don’t mind the tradeoff of cast times and cooldowns and being exposed, though, there should be something given in return to keep 4 mantra w/ “Harmonious Mantras” competitive against the buffs to other/meta playstyles.

Look forward to GW2 developer reply

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Sword/Shield + Scepter/Focus Chrono Power Interrupt
PvP ~ WvW

Domination: Confounding Suggestions, Shattered Concentration, Power Block
Inspiration: Restorative Mantras, Restorative Illusions, Mental Defence
Chronomancer: Delayed Reactions, Danger Time, Chronophantasma

MoRecovery, Blink, MoDistraction, Decoy, GW(PvP) / MI(WvW)

Armour: Berserker + Rune of Melandru
Trinkets: Berserker (WvW), Marauder (PvP)
Weapons: Berserker Sw/Sh + Sc/F (Energy/Generosity)
Chickpea Poultry Soup + Quality Maintenance Oil

I would do so many things to get Staff #1, #2 and #3 as a Mainhand option. Scepter is not the ideal choice here but there’s no alternative.

Motivation:
- to run Focus and Shield at the same time for aoe crowd control potential.
- to build up as much passive condition reduction as possible.

Key features:
- High passive condi duration reduction
- Good active condi removal and sustain
- AoE projectile destruction
- AoE crowd control

Weaknesses
- low toughness/vitality
- scepter is not ideal

Questions to answer:
- Is the passive condition resistance worthwhile?
- Are there enough sources of illusions to shatter in practice?
- Is it necessary to go full zerker in wvw for damage?
- How good will it be at chasing enemies in wvw without greatsword?
- Just how awful is scepter/how much do we need another mainhand…?
- Is Staff + Sword/Shield better in pvp, to use chaos storm for interrupts on point?

Saw this build in your sig, and personally I don’t recommend using either scepter or focus. Focus used to be a good weapon but I find its lockdown ability paying in comparison to pistol, which itself isn’t that great. Personally I would drop sc/f altogether to take either staff or greatsword, either of them would offer way more to your build in nearly every way. In particular I believe that GS is a mandatory weapon on burst builds, even lockdown just because the damage is so great and the mantra ensures it rarely fails to land.

I plan to run GS/sw/sh most of the time but I’ll swap s/sh out for staff on forest since it ha the most important phase retreat spots compared to other maps.
Personally in not a fan of the mantra heal, since charging it in combat is too risky when any other heal gives your more relatable healing in longer fights, so you can take your peeling time with MoD as priority in comparison.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Sword/Shield + Scepter/Focus Chrono Power Interrupt
PvP ~ WvW

Domination: Confounding Suggestions, Shattered Concentration, Power Block
Inspiration: Restorative Mantras, Restorative Illusions, Mental Defence
Chronomancer: Delayed Reactions, Danger Time, Chronophantasma

MoRecovery, Blink, MoDistraction, Decoy, GW(PvP) / MI(WvW)

Armour: Berserker + Rune of Melandru
Trinkets: Berserker (WvW), Marauder (PvP)
Weapons: Berserker Sw/Sh + Sc/F (Energy/Generosity)
Chickpea Poultry Soup + Quality Maintenance Oil

I would do so many things to get Staff #1, #2 and #3 as a Mainhand option. Scepter is not the ideal choice here but there’s no alternative.

Motivation:
- to run Focus and Shield at the same time for aoe crowd control potential.
- to build up as much passive condition reduction as possible.

Key features:
- High passive condi duration reduction
- Good active condi removal and sustain
- AoE projectile destruction
- AoE crowd control

Weaknesses
- low toughness/vitality
- scepter is not ideal

Questions to answer:
- Is the passive condition resistance worthwhile?
- Are there enough sources of illusions to shatter in practice?
- Is it necessary to go full zerker in wvw for damage?
- How good will it be at chasing enemies in wvw without greatsword?
- Just how awful is scepter/how much do we need another mainhand…?
- Is Staff + Sword/Shield better in pvp, to use chaos storm for interrupts on point?

Saw this build in your sig, and personally I don’t recommend using either scepter or focus. Focus used to be a good weapon but I find its lockdown ability paying in comparison to pistol, which itself isn’t that great. Personally I would drop sc/f altogether to take either staff or greatsword, either of them would offer way more to your build in nearly every way. In particular I believe that GS is a mandatory weapon on burst builds, even lockdown just because the damage is so great and the mantra ensures it rarely fails to land.

I plan to run GS/sw/sh most of the time but I’ll swap s/sh out for staff on forest since it ha the most important phase retreat spots compared to other maps.
Personally in not a fan of the mantra heal, since charging it in combat is too risky when any other heal gives your more relatable healing in longer fights, so you can take your peeling time with MoD as priority in comparison.

Yeah I realise that unfortunately.

But in the same way I don’t like using Scepter in condition builds (hence sword/torch + staff for condition shatter), I don’t like being forced to use Greatsword in power builds. GS while amazing is a bit one-dimensional and I did get bored eventually playing gs + sw/t power shatter in the past.

I loved Scepter/Focus as a set in skcamow’s Chaotic Perdition condirupt build, pre patch – but condirupt is bleh at the moment compared with just straight up shatter condi application so I dropped that build altogether. I’d like to be able to use Scepter/Focus again in a new build – hence this idea.

By far the biggest downside is not being able to take Warden’s Feedback and RI together – this makes me so unhappy I can’t put it into words. I wish RI was back at grandmaster level so I could trait focus with it.

The thing is I absolutely love temporal curtain, even with its problems – and it really makes my mouth water to use both focus and shield together. The downside is of course our abysmal mainhand limitations…

I don’t particularly like MoRecovery either and I’ve barely used it in the past – so I’ll probably most likely go with Ether Feast anyway.

Oh and I absolutely hate Pistol – it is the only mesmer weapon I have never got on with, despite trying. Just not my cup of tea unfortunately.

I was toying around with the idea of Sw/Sh + Staff, but because I use staff a lot in a condition build I wanted to have some variety so as not to get bored of weapons.

Thanks anyway – I appreciate the feedback and will very likely be forced into greatsword anyway because it’s just so much better than the alternatives in power builds.

Of course I just pray that mesmer gets a new mainhand added to the core class so a build like this will be workable.

Or ideally I’d love to take as one single weapon:
1. WoC
2. Phase Retreat
3. iWarlock
4. Temporal Curtain
5. Chaos Storm

And then Sword/Shield as the other set.

That would be godkitten sexy.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lunatic.4928

Lunatic.4928

Hi! My build is…

Nevermind, you’ll just nerf it more.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Endless.5960

Endless.5960

Id love to take chrono when HoT hits, but I really dont see how i can work it into my current build without pretty much gutting it and starting from scratch: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsc7cl0nhS0YBawMNQtGLrG05RSyzL3wICA60reVA-TxCEABwpBBGVGaRFGmUGwi6AIcQAyZ/BAeBANoEEKleOfEAAA-e

It’s sort of a hybrid build with a boat load of survivability, i use it mainly in PvP. My biggest achievement with this is the healing and support from the combination of harmonious mantras with restorative mantras and restorative illusions, i pretty much have a constant source of healing and condition removal.

it’s by no means a burst build, but i find those a tad boring anyway, they rely on a short cubset of skills on a rinse and repat cycle, i like my gameplay varied

Anyway to summarise why it’s awesome:

completing a mantra channel heals me and everyone around me for the same as a single use of mantra of recovery. So when i channel my MoR, healed straight away. If MoR is on cooldown, i can channel MoP for the same aoe heal. Plus the biggest advantage of mantra heals is you can use them any time as you’re not dazed or stunned. Knocked down? no problem, heal while you’re on your kitten . Hell if you have MoP ready you can also attack! Also menders purity means every time I heal or shatter I also lose 2 conditions as well as everyone around me.

For offense i rely on a cycle of mini-bursts: swordsman, illusionary leap, by this time i’ve probably blocked or evaded due to something like blurred frenzy, and actual dodge or aegis from signet, so i have phantasmal defender up to take any retaliation. but most of the time I shatter them with wrack for a decent burst; few seconds later my swordsman is recharged due to the combination of illusionist celerity, fencer finesse and persistence of memory and mind wrack is ready a second later so i can repeat the process with 2 illusions. With the added bonus of shatters healing me and every one around me, blinding everyone around me and removing conditions. I could throw in some MoP to this damage as well and the activating of all these mantras adds a nice damage bonus from harmonious mantras buff too.

It’s a really fun build, gives me lots to do and think about, very active extremely supportive. It’s not high damage, but i usually last much longer than most. I switch to scepter when i need to be at range and it’s a natural fit for kiting with the torment application and the double blocking from sc2 and sw 4.

So i’d love to switch in chrono somewhere as i prefer a more supportive role akin to GW1 mesmer, but If I drop even one of those lines (illusions, dualing, inspiration) the synergy is so tight it falls apart.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Imperios.2543

Imperios.2543

Link

So what I wanted to do essentially is a build that focuses both on powerful phantasms and lots of conditions of all kinds. Chrono spec is more of an afterthought and could in theory be replaced by Domination.

What do you think? What armour set could best be used with this? Carrion? Sinister?

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Some-help-needed-with-Chronomancer/first#post5821344

the thread explains plenty about the builds and decisions + some gameplay advices

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: setius.3498

setius.3498

im still switching around some stuff from time to time but i like runing this one currently:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAse7dn0nBlphFpBufCEgilVjqcDGhAAdLOjnoeZj2pF-TxRXABAo0LYlBps/AI6HmRJYsq/Io3CAA-e

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nickodoo.6492

Nickodoo.6492

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJARWnknBlphNqBeoBEgilUjicAOgAo8DSuup+Zn2rF-TZBFABiXGok9HS4IAswlAAgHAAA

My clonomancer build, your clones will do a lot of the dirty work while also allowing yourself to burst with greatsword and staff. You’ll also indefinately be able to shatter all the time without sacrificing all your clones which makes this very very usefull. Plenty of mobility, condie cleanse is a little weak but you should be able to move out of the fire with blink and decoy, along with constant blinds. Best to stay midrange-far maintaining a safe distance. if timed can also 6 clone(8 if you are melee range) mind wrack if you have three clones, continuum split, dodge, mind wrack, (continuum spilt ends), quicky recreate 3 again, and mind wrack again. *beware of the dragonhunters traps

(edited by Nickodoo.6492)

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raz.3147

Raz.3147

Hey Guys, I recently created a WvW build focused on roaming alone or with a small party! Can be used for sPvP as well however there are some better options for this game type in the inspiration trait line.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseRnknB1fiNqBmpBMrhlZjqOX71itMAqtk5sHyhgD-TxSGQBG4BAAI1fAx+DSRJYMUaUQlBJ4IAQG9ADRJGAOFALbaApAEUqF-e

This build focuses on maintaining might, shattering, and slowing/crit-ing ALOT with the Gs and Sw/Shield

Try it out and see how much fun it is for youself!

(edited by Raz.3147)

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Trialling this in preparation for Jan 26 nerfs:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8flknhy0YnawRNwtGLvGV9wesL7ZREEHHaAkTNBA-TJRHABAcRAQqMQtPBAz2fAA

Amulet will likely be swapped for Mercenary and Runes can be swapped for something else – not sure yet. Currently Scavenging gives the best bonus with Carrion.

Torch > Shield providing they buff the burns, and also because Shield 4 will be saying “come and hit me” to thieves. Sword because again Blurred Frenzy will be too important to survival.

Only downside is lack of precision for crit chance, but power damage is still decent in supplement to condi. Good tankiness too thanks to iDefender and RI (will be better with Mercenary).

Mirror Images allows fast max illusion burst and already have enough condi removal on torch, shatters and heal. Also the extra stunbreak is very nice with all the cc around.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

As a new Mesmer/Chrono who started playing the profession seriously post-nerf, I’d like to ask about dueling/illusion based builds in PvP, specificially sword/sword/GS or sword/shield/GS. Is anything like that still viable?

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: NameUnknown.6417

NameUnknown.6417

Just started a Mesmer. Any suggestion on which specializations I should take first? End game I hope to dungeon and do world boss/exploration.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Greasy.7609

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW7fnsICFohNoBuqBMrhlTDiMApY5ljo5hDNCJ97A-TJhAABws/wYlBA4hAA9VAAA

just added a signet fire runes for torch burning as well random condtions from winds of chaos. Lots of condition removal and 4 on torch lets me get away for a short time and it blows up in people’s faces. Like the norn says fire burns

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Greasy.7609

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfRnsICFohNoBuqBMrhlUDicAlIAlf4EdDtBrZ7A-TZhAABAcCA0Z/BBeCAUcIAovMAA

For a more direct damage build. My condtions build is more defensive with more hit points and condtions to wear down guardians etc. This build is still fire based for a mesmer, but much more direct damage. I still have signets and torch for condition cleansing.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

(edited by Soothsayer.9206)

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adonisis.9736

Adonisis.9736

I haven’t played this game in a while, but why is no one taking Deceptive Evasion anymore?

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I haven’t played this game in a while, but why is no one taking Deceptive Evasion anymore?

Sigil of Energy nerf, vigour nerf and superior Chrono illusion traits.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

Someone might have already posted something similar, but this is my power shatter Chrono

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJARWnsICdqhVqBGqBEgiFcjCNI2terMAWtfpOWr1cF-TJRBwAX3fAwTAgcZgHXCAA

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nekafah.8376

Nekafah.8376

I’m new to Mesmer and after practicing in Silverwastes and getting decent results, boosted it to 80.

What build could you recommend for moving fast around HoT maps until I unlock the Elite Spec? I have all needed masteries and come from Engineer so complexity is not an issue. Just looking for a starting point that is not condition based.

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: suchalameo.7896

suchalameo.7896

After the IR nerf here is the new build.
Welcome to scepter mesmer meta!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWnsIC1qhdoBGqBMrhlnjqeQP0F9sACgDDdxynDA-TJRHQBA4JAcvyA6a/BEeKAAA

You take phantasmal disenchanter for more clone generation after the IR nerf, extra (+) condition cleanse because you’re giving up well for the phantasm reset heal > phantasm reset heal to keep shield block up (alacrity/damage mitigation/fuel) and your phantasmal disenchanter up (boon strip/condition clear/fuel) >; no blink because you have staff phase retreat > staff for cover conditions + utility n such.

I didn’t drop IR for the 50% alacrity trait because if you watch your alacrity with this build, its almost always up anyway due to the abundance of 3 clone shatters and SOI shatter reset and the four shield phantasms that give alacrity.

More clones, more damage, more alacrity, more mesmer.
or Less clones, less damage, more(+) alacrity, what?

There is an argument that you don’t have a very good follow up to moa, which you do its just a lot more convoluted to setup than with sword; that being said the scepter can take 1v1s a lot faster and more efficiently than sword for when you have to do it so you won’t have to moa against lets say a DH or a Necro or Scrapper. Your moa will be primarily used in team fights where teammates can follow up for you or you’re just using it to take someone out of the fight to down their allies.
In team fights you do lose the evade from sword but you gain a 4sec block before alacrity that pops a clone and puts 5 torment on whoever you’re targeting. With all the AOE every 2-3 seconds with alacrity you’re putting 5 stacks of torment on someone before you’re even adding torment from shatters or any other cover conditions. Your sustain is a little weaker in this area for that if you’re being heavily focused, but your counter pressure if very high especially if your opponent gets greedy for even 3 seconds.

Torment with this build adds up very very fast and no matter how many cleanses they have if they don’t use them sparingly it will consume them.
On a normal mesmer you will mainly see 1-5 stacks and when you full burst them with everything maybe around 10 for a second or two, possibly even 15 max for half a second.
This build obviously being centered around torment for a source of damage will maintain 5/8-15 and if your opponent isn’t cleansing you can even skyrocket to 20-35 stacks (usually against necros who miss their transfer mark, they wrack up a lot of torment when they are in shroud very fast)

Its a different playstyle. Don’t knock it before you actually learn it. Don’t try to take credit for it either… Good luck, happy mind wracks.

you > kiss > meta

(edited by suchalameo.7896)

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Some further theorycrafting based on demo weekend and thought experiment.

Duelling – Desperate Decoy, Evasive Mirror, Deceptive Evasion
Chaos – Master of Manipulation, Chaotic Dampening, Bountiful Disillusionment
Mirage – Renewing Oasis, Mirrored Axes, Infinite Horizon

Mirror (heal), Blink, Mantra of Resolve, Illusionary Ambush, Jaunt (pve/pvp) / Mass Invis (wvw?)

Staff (Energy, Cleansing) + Axe/Torch (Energy/Cleansing)

Traveler Runes

pvp – Viper Amulet
wvw – Cele trinkets/headgear, Viper everything else (all wvw malign infusions)
pve – Viper everything

Toxic Maintenance Oil
Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew
—————————————————

Playstyle:

Engage in staff – 2 and/or 3 into dodge ambush, try to get in front of staff clone(s) before ambush to gain more might, swap to axe or otherwise blink in for followup ambush into shatter. Bear in mind a single dodge -> walk forward and ambush will generate 7 stacks of might (3 from the DE clone, 3 from you and 1 from food), and it should be easy to maintain high uptime of might.

Engage in axe – either axe 3 or utility teleport into range, dodge axe 2 into ambush then shatter in melee.

Axe 3 in Chaos Storm for more Chaos Armour uptime.

Illusionary Ambush is a pseudo-stunbreak (can be used while stunned) repositioning, detargeting and gaining mirage cloak.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

Post Your Build Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

This build I cooked up is here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/A-build-Solo-PvE-WvW-PvP-Hybrid-CQB/first#post6739056

Just want to share what I do in case there are any weirdos like me who don’t quite fit in with the meta

Preface

I’m certainly not the best mesmer and this build isn’t exactly complete yet, there are loose ends. I’m sure someone out there might be able to optimize it (especially numbers) and play it well, in fact the runes are dumb but I like using them for constant swiftness while traveling) and sigils are all subject to change, there’s one or two trait selections that could be changed such as possibly opting for Mirror of Anguish in WvW or PvP, or boosting Scepter speed for extra clone production with Malicious Sorcery, but this is something close to what I’ve been running and has served me well in solo play in PvE, solo WvW roaming and the occasional PvP, and really fits my play style perfectly. I honestly haven’t been enjoying chrono even though it performs well and prefer core mesmer trait lines. Well I’m not experienced at PvP but this build concept has let me kicksomebut when I go. I have one or two pieces of armor with toughness in game, but even without toughness or vitality, it’s been a build where I found it near impossible to down or die in, no matter the situation, soloing lots of champs, big group events, etc, and I love playing solo and challenging myself with what seems impossible.

Yes it uses PU (I’ll probably get some eye rolls) but has several great layers from my experience playing with it!

-

Key Components (Abundance of:)

Blocks and Evades
- Low cd scepter 2 and oh sword 4 blocks
- Mh sword 2 evade
- Torch 4 or Decoy aegis/protection boons
- Distortion Shatter
- Successful dodges
- All of which triggers iDefender (24 s cd, Mental Defense Trait)
- Successful weapon block skills generates clone + iDefender at the same time

Constant Shatters
- I’ve found the build to perform smoothly with “constant” illusion generation and shatter rotations (even more if you decide to swap AT or Blink for Mirror Images)

Reflects
- 12 s cd Mirror Heal
- Arcane Thievery
- Blink
- Mass Invisibility
- Distortion Shatter

Condi Cleanse
- Shatters
- 12 s cd Mirror Heal
- 20 s cd Arcane Thievery
- Torch 4
- All of which are “offensive” tools as well

Supplementary Components

Detargeting and Boon Stealth
- Torch 4
- Decoy
- MI
- Aegis, Protection, Regeneration, Might, Swiftness

Heals
- 12 s cd Mirror Heal
- Three Illusion Shatter Heals
- Regen boons from stealth, health below 75%,

Helpful Extras
- 8 might stacks from Sword 5
- Shatter Might stacks
- Might from Stealth
- Regen also gives Protection
- Defender reduces incoming damage
- Retailiation on all phantasms (Defender, Mage, Swordsman)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRArf8clsnh20YjawMNwtGLAHEaMWdrNTQoDw5I+QpB-TFTFQBJ7gA4L9ANU5nH2fYkKBRjmgAcEAAwJAQYqy0P1G61DAodaEAA-w

-

Here’s something of an example of a rotation I’ve done or like to do:

scepter 3, torch 4, torch 5, weapon swap, go close while stealth, sword 5, 3/3, 2+F1, sword 4 block trigger clone and iDefender, decoy out, weapon swap, scepter 3+F2 shatter … scepter 1 clone, 2 block trigger clone and iDefender, torch 4, get close while stealth, F1 shatter, torch 5, weapon swap, sword 5, 3/3,…

-

- you get the idea, there are almost always 3 illusions up
- don’t worry about shattering Phantasms after they hit!
- Of course some improv is necessary, heals, dazes, reflects, throwing back some condi, blink out, boons from stealth, etc…
- Overall, even without a sure rotation, it is all about responding to enemies and an abundance of defensive and offensive options all at the same time, pretty constantly…
- a lot of these things are layered so they automatically trigger while you’re doing something else…
- it’s been fun and active for me to play
- the illusion production has actually felt very continuous almost as if having dodge clones or mirror images by default already
- and the stealthing makes it feel half like a thief, I know it might be annoying for others to deal with

If anyone wants to improve this thing, feel free to let me know how it does for you or what you think!

Thanks for listening

(edited by takatsu.9416)