Quadruple Feedback and why its not needed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

All things I write in this post are from another topic (How to triple blink).
I just feel that ppl, that are not interested in blinking but would be interested in reflecting using feedback would find this interesting, and would never find it in the another thread.

As many of u know, quadruple feedback is managable with the CS and Mimic combo.

For those who dont know that, Ill quote myself from another topic.
"
3 illusions -> start rotation with precast something + CS -> Mimic -> Feedback -> … -> Feedback -> end CS -> Mimic -> Feedback -> … -> Feedback
can do without illusions if ur feedbacking more targets, so u dont overlap them (thus not wasting them)
"

And why its not usefull in these days? Another quote of myself:
"
With 3 illusions ur not overlaping 1 target much.
3 illusion CS is 6sec window.
So if u precast mimic (since it is the longest casting spell which will be in your rotation) u can use 1st feedback while casting kitten the begining of the CS.
Feedback is 6s, so u can use 2nd feedback before CS ends ending up with about 3/4 sec overlap.
After CS another mimic and 2x feedback, after feedback gets off cd u should have enough time to recharge it so u can cast it again without mimic -> resulting in 5x feedback -> about 29sec feedback uptime in 1 rotation.

I dont see much usage of this in PvE anyway.
Considering dmg mitigation on higher fractals.
Bloomhunger gets like no dmg from feedback and your party would benefit more from some other dmg boost like calamity well for more alacrity or signet of inspiration for more quickness. And reflects can be managed by iWardens and curtain placed on him in the right time.
U can also use iWardens to reflect on purpose since u can shatter them and then u know that they start reflecting in about 1,75sec after.

On Mossman its the same, use curtain when he gets out of stealth if u dont have iWarden summoned on him and ready to start spinning.

In Urban Battleground u need to reflect just when he starts spining his greatsword and that can be reflectat with curtain or iWarden easily as well.

Uncategorized fractal harpies, curtains and iWardens does the job, u can swap feedback to your utilities during the jumping, but no need for mimic there.

Volcanic fractal … 3xiWarden and ocasional curtain when u think the iWardens wont make it in time (basicly after u shatter them and dont have time to resummon some, so they all start spining at the same time). 3x iWardens here are a benefit tho coz in the larva phase u can pull larvas in the middle of your wpining iWardens using curtains Into the Void pull.

Cliffside, similar to Volcanic.

Molten Furnace, ocasional reflects needed on trash, managable with curtain pull and iWarden on top.
Underground facility, same as molten funace just more often.

Aetherblade the same.

Thaumanova reactor the same, more reflection on the ooze can be managed through multiple iWardens.

Mai Trin, can be managed with iWarden and curtain since u need the reflects just to keep her on a place. That can be managed with other mitigations like evade, block, invuln or aegis.

Molten Boss, Im not sure if feedback works here, coz I dont use it in this particular encounter. I put ocasional curtain over my teammates and iWardens over the berserker to mitigate at least some of the fire balls.

Hope this helps u deciding on why and where to use feedback, most likely that u can master your weapon skills and use some more usefull utility for your team.
"

Thats from my point of view, feel free to ask and critique.

(edited by Jacob.4280)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

^I’ve never actually seen anyone using reflects in any of those fights before. Well, except the harpies with their annoying knockback (plus they hurt a lot; at least they did pre-HoT… didn’t get to do fractals yet since HoT released).

Sometimes, in weak moments, I kinda dream about you know… learning when and how to reflect in those fights. But then I usually find it’s impossible without seeing it done ingame, and prolly not really worth the hassle either. Even moreso since most of the reflects require group-stacking for all I know, and the majority of parties almost never stack on anything. Thus I only use reflects on the harpies, as that’s pretty much the only situation where I’ve found reflects to be pretty much necessary. Unless you stealth-skip; but I’ve never done that either and never had a party who wanted to do that. After all, they drop loot.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

^I’ve never actually seen anyone using reflects in any of those fights before. Well, except the harpies with their annoying knockback (plus they hurt a lot; at least they did pre-HoT… didn’t get to do fractals yet since HoT released).

Sometimes, in weak moments, I kinda dream about you know… learning when and how to reflect in those fights. But then I usually find it’s impossible without seeing it done ingame, and prolly not really worth the hassle either. Even moreso since most of the reflects require group-stacking for all I know, and the majority of parties almost never stack on anything. Thus I only use reflects on the harpies, as that’s pretty much the only situation where I’ve found reflects to be pretty much necessary. Unless you stealth-skip; but I’ve never done that either and never had a party who wanted to do that. After all, they drop loot.

If you want to know which fights have projectiles, this guide could help you out below. Just click on what dungeon/fractal shard then look over the different creatures attacks.

http://gw2dungeons.net/

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Hope this helps u deciding on why and where to use feedback, most likely that u can master your weapon skills and use some more usefull utility for your team.

Thats from my point of view, feel free to ask and critique.

I think you took that last thread waaaay too seriously. The concept of triple or quadruple casting (blink and feedback notably) are just niche techniques that fall under “Things I can do with my Mesmer Super Powers”. Are there better ways to make use of utility slots? More than likely yes, but how awesome would is it to look around the instance and see 4 simultaneous giant Globs of Ectoplasm on the field?

If you want to know which fights have projectiles, this guide could help you out below. Just click on what dungeon/fractal shard then look over the different creatures attacks.

http://gw2dungeons.net/

A site like that works wonders and helps to better describe the situation a player running into. In other words, players on the team who are familiar with the Mesmer class will know to hide behind iWardens and to stack on curtains, but Feedback draws more obvious attention. On top of that some attacks are single direction while others are multi direction. The multi-direction ones can’t always be caught by Focus depending on where the attacks originate from; Feedback in that case gets the +1 simply because of the larger catching radius. E.G. Archdiviner’s spin can be shut down with a single curtain while Lupi’s barrage has an easier time going around Focus skills.

My initial discovery of the multi Feedback casting was to help out my more nooby friends on the Uncategorized Fractal. Focus + Feedback + Mimic + CS = Noob-proof fractal. Was there a more optimal choice for my utility decision at that point? Absoultely yes. Will they eventually learn to observe their surroundings and not lean as much on me? I really hope so eventually. Though at that moment, the Overkill award is what helped my team out the most; no point in pumping out all that quickness/alacrity if everyone is flying off the platforms.