Skill Bar: Patch Notes (Updated)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

Traits

• Triumphant Distortion – previously granted distortion to mesmer when you have obtained a kill. In addition to this effect, you will also receive 1s of distortion on all of your phantasms that are summoned.
  • Illusionary Elasticity – Your clones that you use with Winds of Chaos will now be affected by this trait.
  • Maim the Disillusioned – Increased amount of torment inflicted from 4s to 6s

Weapon Skills

• Illusionary Leap – We changed the way the clone is summoned. It is now summoned now at your target’s location instead of your position. This means you will have a much faster response time between Illusionary Leaps and Illusionary Swaps.
  • Illusionary Warden – We fixed a bug with this phantasm that caused it to fail its attack sometimes when it is attached to a melee enemy.
  • Mind Stab – Dmg increased by 17%, radius increased to 240
  • Scepter – autoattack now applies Torment on each strike. Ether Bolt will apply 2s of Torment. Ether Blast will apply 4s of Torment and Ether Clone will summon clones that applies 2s of Torment.

Utilities

• Mantra of Pain’s Power Spike – Changed to 5 target, 240 radius AoE attack.
  • Mantra of Distraction’s Power Lock – Changed to 5 target, 180 radius AoE attack
  • Mimic – Reworked it so it copy all boons and durations from an enemy your target, making good combos with Null Field and Arcane Thievery.

Watch the Mesmer changes below
Twitch Link: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/560815877
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu-cKaSZbnQ
Thanks to duffy.net for better clarification on skill changes and image.

Attachments:

(edited by Kirito.9207)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Nice! A little over 2 hours before the cheers and tears. =P

in Mesmer

Kirito.9207

Nice! A little over 2 hours before the cheers and tears. =P

Yep haha.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

I don’t think they’ll show bugfixes in the Skill Bar, except maybe they changed the functionality from scratch.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Kirito.9207

I don’t think they’ll show bugfixes in the Skill Bar, except maybe they changed the functionality from scratch.

Yeah, unfortunately I think you’re right on the bug fixes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

We’ve heard this before though re. bug fixes. I’m happy that there is another chance, but really we’ve been here before. I think there is a big chance whoever said that is just doing PR and they don’t actually have much worked out. Hate to be a downer, but like I said we’ve heard this before, like almost the exact same thing last feature patch, and here we are…

I mean kitten iWarden, at this point it’s almost like if it’s still not fixed will it ever be?

in Mesmer

Kirito.9207

We’ve heard this before though re. bug fixes. I’m happy that there is another chance, but really we’ve been here before. I think there is a big chance whoever said that is just doing PR and they don’t actually have much worked out. Hate to be a downer, but like I said we’ve heard this before, like almost the exact same thing last feature patch, and here we are…

I mean kitten iWarden, at this point it’s almost like if it’s still not fixed will it ever be?

I feel you. I’m being overly positive right now because I’m desperate for some changes. It’s in the back of my head though, the doubt. Like you said we’ve been here many times. Last feature pack we were promised bug fixes, that didn’t work out so well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Hyyyyyyyyyype traiiinnnn

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

If they promise bug fixes in a feature pack release again … Bad Day

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Kirito.9207

Wow fixing iWarden, adding torment to scepter AA, fixing iLeap, Elasticity effects staffs clones.

WOOOOO!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

They say they bug fix ileap and iwarden.
At least they tried, let’s see if it works out in the end.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sethren.8472

Sethren.8472

Torment on Scepter AA AND the clones it spawns. Maim the Disillusioned’s torment increased to 6 second duration from 4 seconds. Super excited! (Condi Mes)

There may have been questionable squeals of delight… I deny everything >.>

Chimeras Family – Korvaseth (Mes), Sethren (Necro)
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Sethren.8472)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

woooooooooooooooooooooooot?

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Oh I like the scepter change…may have to switch to it on mine. Fixing bugs, while awesome though, not really a feature.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Gosh awesome! I’m really curious about condition builds now for PvP/WvW!

Oooh and I’m going to try looking at a ranged power build, now that Mantras and GS are potentially viable ranged AoE options!
Something like 4/6/0/4/0 with Mantra of Pain and Mantra of Distraction. AoE daze with damage on interrupt, flat AoE from Mantra of Pain, boon removal (stability removal) from Mind Stab, extra charge on mantras, and AoE heal when I recharge my mantras… plus quick snag of cooldown reduction on glamours for more rapid team support.

(edited by Kelthien.8593)

in Mesmer

Kirito.9207

Interesting that they’re focusing on torment and not confusion for Mesmer with scepter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Interesting that they’re focusing on torment and not confusion for Mesmer with scepter.

Yes, I do think confusion fits the profession better. Torment is the ‘new’ condi to add to everything though…better than the crud we got now though

in Mesmer

Sethren.8472

True. I like torment better, personally. A mesmer causing mental torment/anguish. It fits.

Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

• TD applies Distortion to Phantasms, not clones.
  • For Mimic, it looks like previous functionality got removed.
20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

they said iWarden fixed , they didnt show casting of iWarden, srsly looks fishy…

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neverfate.7095

Neverfate.7095

Gotta say I was surprised at the lack of confusion on the AA as well. I’d be bummed out too if it weren’t for the fact that they at least paid attention to some of the bugs/balance issues this time around. Beggers cant be choosers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Torment on autoattack for clones sounds ridiculously strong. And it will make PU builds even worse.. so I won’t be surprised if we hear the cries of nerf condi mesmer like we heard the cries of nerf dhuumteror necro last year.

Is it every hit of the auto chain or just the last one? And do we know how long?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

- Offensive Mantras have bigger radius

Unless I misheard, they said Distraction and Pain will now affect up to 5 targets. That’s not entirely clear from, “Offensive Mantras have bigger radius”.

in Mesmer

Kelthien.8593

Torment on autoattack for clones sounds ridiculously strong. And it will make PU builds even worse.. so I won’t be surprised if we hear the cries of nerf condi mesmer like we heard the cries of nerf dhuumteror necro last year.

Is it every hit of the auto chain or just the last one? And do we know how long?

I think it was 2.5s for first strike, 4s for second, 3rd strike summons clones
Each clone does 2s of torment per attack (remember that they swing slow, however)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Think they went with torment because as awesome as it is, being able to AA steady confusion stacks would be way stronger, even if it fit slightly better themewise. I think this is already a bit borderline if the clones can also apply, we’ll see.

Besides if Confusion is #1 theme for Mesmer, Torment is the second best

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

If they promise bug fixes in a feature pack release again … Bad Day

Yep, two of the updates were about bug fixes (IE for clones and iWarden). Though for both, I’ll still believe it when I see it. Both have been promised before.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Sethren.8472

Looked like every hit. The first two are 2-sec duration, and the last one is 4-sec (I think).

Oh, I know they will. I was tempted to post something in Prof. balance thread saying, “Don’t any of you dare say a thing about Mesmer changes. We’ve been crapped on long enough because of all of you.”

Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Well as a PvE fotm and dungeon mesmer, I am extremly excited about the mantra changes.

Mantra of Pain will hit 5 !!! targets wich is extremly high damage with 3 mantras, ON RANGE. In other words: GS becomes viable. You don’t have to use AA, you can use mantra of pain instead. With this patch the GS is immediately superior as a aoe wapon compared to a pistol or sword offhand. I just wonder how much the difference of a 3 hit sword aa chain to a kitten mantra chain is.

Mantra of Distraction hits 3 targets. Daze, wich applies 5-8 stacks vuln for 10+ sec. Also – GOD IT’S A kitten LOW CD AOE DAZE!!! It’s amazing!

The only thing I cannot agree with is distortion for phantasms. 1 sec is useless most of the time, since some are first walking, others like duelist and warden take too long ot make use of it. Especially warden, I bet he’ll be invulnerable instead of reflecting …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Wyrden.4713

tbh i never rly thought scepter needed a buff, sword iLeap is great

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

First hit 2 sec second 4 sec clone 2 sec.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

EDIT:

Re-watched. Triumphant Distortion sounds nice after reading the trait tooltip instead of listening to the wording.

I am excite now.

(edited by mginn.4502)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

True. I like torment better, personally. A mesmer causing mental torment/anguish. It fits.

Confusion used to be on the scepter during betas. I like the mesmer being in charge of pain. Although I miss the kitten ed if you, kitten ed if you don’t gameplay from the first game.

I’d like to see confusion reworked to be like wastrel’s worry/demise in gw1. Except this time I’d like to see it be balanced. :P

in Mesmer

Kirito.9207

- Offensive Mantras have bigger radius

Unless I misheard, they said Distraction and Pain will now affect up to 5 targets. That’s not entirely clear from, “Offensive Mantras have bigger radius”.

Sorry I was still trying to find the exact numbers and edit it in, fixed now.

in Mesmer

Sethren.8472

tbh i never rly thought scepter needed a buff, sword iLeap is great

It did. It was a lackluster weapon ever since the removed the AA confusion in beta. The torment AA makes it much better now. As a NON-PU condi mes, I use Sc/T+Staff. The weakest weapon was Scepter, but it was pretty much the only option for a condi.

I just hope the PvP whine doesn’t ruin it (again).

Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Well as a PvE fotm and dungeon mesmer, I am extremly excited about the mantra changes.

Mantra of Pain will hit 5 !!! targets wich is extremly high damage with 3 mantras, ON RANGE. In other words: GS becomes viable. You don’t have to use AA, you can use mantra of pain instead. With this patch the GS is immediately superior as a aoe wapon compared to a pistol or sword offhand. I just wonder how much the difference of a 3 hit sword aa chain to a kitten mantra chain is.

Hate to break it to you, but GS will still be crap in FOTM/Dungeons. Sword cleaves and has much higher damage than GS, so it’s really not a comparison, since you can also use the mantra with sword.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Great news on the ILeap and making Power Lock an AOE is super sweet. But I just don’t understand some of these changes…

Like changes to the scepter.. yes, that’s all this game needs is more condition’s on AA. But no change to Confusing Images incredibly long wind up.

or the change to Triumphant Distortion – Also applies 1 second distortion on Phantasms

Hello!!! Triumphant Distortion triggers on the death of your enemy. What happens to your phantasm’s when your enemy dies???? How is this an improvement? Why would I take it now if I didn’t take it before?

And did you notice that the new Mimic had a 30 second CD.. meanwhile no mention to change to Arcane Thievery’s 45 sec cooldown and unreliability. Why not just improve AT???

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eye Two.1538

Eye Two.1538

No excuse. No final combo and no AOE

in Mesmer

Kirito.9207

I do like the Mantra DPS radius increase. Will give our Meta DPS build more AOE damage hopefully.

in Mesmer

Wyrden.4713

guys misundersting there, trimuphant distortion grants phantasms evade ON SUMMON, the icd is only for selfinvulnerability i guess

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Kelthien.8593

I do like the Mantra DPS radius increase. Will give our Meta DPS build more AOE damage hopefully.

I hope so. And pairing the “damage on interrupt” with Mantra of Distraction might open up some great possibilities as well. There are a few daze-dependent traits that used to feel very unimpressive and are very appealing…

Vulnerability on daze, Stun on daze, Damage on interrupt, boons on interrupt, conditions on interrupt…

in Mesmer

Wyrden.4713

and stop ignoring me ‘crys’ they didnt show iWarden skill when they said theey fixed it, so i am pretty sure we gonna get it back bugged

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Can’t say I’m too thrilled, mostly because half of these are bug fixes which have already appeared in patch notes before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

AHAHAHAHAAAHAAAA

TORMENT ON SCEPTER AUTO ATTACK

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHA

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I am kitteng crying in here….finally anet gave us some love….

- iWarden not attacking fixed-long time coming
- Illusionary Elasticity: Works with Winds of Chaos on staff clones-not much of a big deal I think
- Maim the Disillusioned: increased the amount of torment to 4 seconds to 6 seconds-I dont think that all the torment changes are neccessary,condi mesmer builds were already powerful,the scepter change is nice and welcome,but to me, it should have stop there.
- Scepter AA applies torment
Ether bolt – 2 seconds of torment, Ether blast – 4 seconds of torment,
Ether clones apply – 2 seconds of torment
- iLeap: Clone now summons on target-BOOOOOOYA
- Mind stab: 17%+ damage, radius increased to 240-BOOOOYAx2
- Offensive Mantras have bigger radius-The mantra didnt had radius to begin with so saying BIGGER is false you can say simply added radius
Mantra of Pain: Power spike, 5 target 240 Radius AOE-not using it
Mantra of Distraction: Power lock, 5 targets 180 Radius AOE-This is AWESOME ! love playing lockdwon mesmer and this is a serious buff to it.
- Triumph distortion: Also applies 1 second distortion on Phantasms-
seems nice*
- Mimic: Copies all boons with their duration (30 second CD)-too long CD to be used imo

Overall I think these changes-part of the torment ones-were mendatory,but still,there are many bugs to fix .(which hopefully they will ninja fix it).

TIME TO BE RELIABLE AGAIN!

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Dulfy is online, might edit your changelog OP!

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/22/gw2-upcoming-elementalist-and-mesmer-changes/

I am more than happy with these changes.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Triumphant Distortion – previously granted distortion to mesmer when you have obtained a kill. In addition to this effect, you will also receive 1s of distortion on all of your phantasms that are summoned.

other stuff are great , only this one is perfect proof that anet balance team doesnt play mesmer at all.

also power lock :aoe now ,180 range not op but really nice addition to my CI build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

eh most of these changes are meh, imo. The only thing I was truly excited about was the improvement to iLeap and offensive mantras and iElasticity.

scepter: people are overreacting. its 2 sec of torment from clones. big whoop. I would have rather had #3 reworked (shorter windup) than condis on AA.

GS #3 buff was really boring lol. I was hoping for some kind of functionality change, not just dmg and bigger radius. WHERES MAI BLAST FINISHER?

but mostly I’m just bummed that they didn’t tackle on other useless GM traits. hopefully that’ll be addressed somewhere.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Very excited about iLeap.

kitten was Anet thinking with torment on scepter auto? That’s just ridiculous…

Second Child

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Triumphant Distortion has a 10s icd. I really hope that doesn’t mean if I summon multiple phantasms at start and only the first one will get the evade buff… :/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jun.7486

Jun.7486

Will the mantras now be ground targeted rather than on a target we selected?
Will triumphant distortion prevent phantasms that was summoned on the killed person from disappearing?