Skill Bar: Patch Notes (Updated)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

A 30s base cooldown on the new mimic is too long for sure. It’ll need to be at 25 or 20 for me to ever put it on my bar again.

Torment on scepter autoattack is bad. This will make several condition builds crazy strong, and this means we’ll get hit with heavy nerfs in the future.

The change to mantra of pain, however, means that mesmers now have a potentially effective way to contribute to aoe damage in a large group fight. Aoe daze mantra could potentially contribute to this as well. I look forward to seeing how they play out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jong.5742

Jong.5742

i just rewatch and i notice the that Triumphant Distortion Tooltip said “Your Phantasm gain distortion briefly on creation” does it mean we always get 1s distort on phantasm every time we summon??

in Mesmer

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

i just rewatch and i notice the that Triumphant Distortion Tooltip said “Your Phantasm gain distortion briefly on creation” does it mean we always get 1s distort on phantasm every time we summon??

Yes, that’s how it’s shown in the video.

Also, the video says only that they fixed a bug with iWarden that caused it to sometimes not attack when it was attached to a melee target. This is not the only problem with iWarden, though.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

• Scepter: If PU condi wasn’t so powerful to begin with, I might not mind this buff. But given PU condi is for the most part faceroll, this change doesn’t make any sense. Yeah there are other non-PU condi builds one can and will play, but certainly Anet has to take the meta condition build into consideration when balancing things like this.
  • Mantras: Saw mantra of pain AoE coming. Really surprised they so willingly gave us AoE on daze mantra.
  • iLeap: Amazing.
  • Mind Stab: Sure, why not?
  • Triumphant Distortion: Great WvW and potential PvE buff if it’s distortion on all phant summons, but 1s may not be long enough.
  • Maimed: 6s better than 4s, but pretty sure it still won’t make it viable in higher end play.
  • Mimic: Interesting, though the long CD might be a deterrent.
Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jong.5742

Jong.5742

Yes, that’s how it’s shown in the video.

Also, the video says only that they fixed a bug with iWarden that caused it to sometimes not attack when it was attached to a melee target. This is not the only problem with iWarden, though.

nice thx

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

The fixes are nice, great even, but there’s reallly not that many of them…
This is otherwise quite underwhelming.
So… Yay! they didn’t nerf us? I don’t know, this is all positive, but I feel mediocre happiness about it in a very backhanded way.
I felt better about the warrior changes (my other main) which included nerfs, then I do about this…

(edited by Arewn.2368)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sethren.8472

Sethren.8472

- Illusionary Elasticity: Works with Winds of Chaos on staff clones- Very big deal for us Staff users/Condi Mezzes
- Maim the Disillusioned: increased the amount of torment to 4 seconds to 6 seconds-I dont think that all the torment changes are neccessary,condi mesmer builds were already powerful,the scepter change is nice and welcome,but to me, it should have stop there. Disagreed. PU Mesmers might have been powerful in PvP, but regular PvE condi mesmers were not. We needed that bit of love. If you play a power mes (Sw/Sw, or whatever combination of Sword), then you wouldn’t realize how nice/needed this is.
- Scepter AA applies torment
Ether bolt – 2 seconds of torment, Ether blast – 4 seconds of torment,
Ether clones apply – 2 seconds of torment Friggin’ AWESOME

Everything you said you didn’t think was “needed” or “went too far,” just remember what you said about the Winds of Chaos clone change. ALL of these (above) are MAJOR awesomeness for us Condi Mezzes. For you power/mantra/lockdown mezzes, they aren’t anything special, but that’s how I feel about the buffs they got. My point is: calling something unnecessary if you don’t use it is… you see where I’m going with that?

Chimeras Family – Korvaseth (Mes), Sethren (Necro)
Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warden fix: didn’t see it so I don’t trust it.

Ileap fix: good.

Ielasticity: This buffs shatter and condi mes by a large amount and will replace illusionary invig now that it is fixed.

Triumphant Distortion: Really big buff to wvw mesmers. Phants (especially izerker) are going to hurt a LOT now in zergs.

Maim the disillusioned: I don’t think it is good enough still honestly but I need to test this to see how good it actually is.

Mind stab: Meh. That could have been a lot better buffed imo.

Scepter changes: This plus ilelasticity just buffed PU mes so hard its insanity. They should have buffed confusing images and not added torment. This was a very poor change that will push pu mes to OP now.

Mantra changes: nice buffs, especially to interrupt Mesmer, however I feel that interrupt could use a little more love to CI, CS, and dom 25 (wastrels punishment). I can see builds being made with this change.

Mimic: Maybe useful, but the new 30 cd hurts.

Im disappointed they didn’t buff power block, bountiful disillusion, or disruptors (lawl) which are all currently still garbage. I think we still need more buffs tbh.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lana Del Rey.1873

Lana Del Rey.1873

I hope there will be more changes? These are cool, but few.

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey, is that true?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

A better change to mimic should have been to copy the boons and paste it to whoever we want. If i can copy 25 stack of might and pass it to some member of the team would be awesome.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

• Scepter: If PU condi wasn’t so powerful to begin with, I might not mind this buff. But given PU condi is for the most part faceroll, this change doesn’t make any sense. Yeah there are other non-PU condi builds one can and will play, but certainly Anet has to take the meta condition build into consideration when balancing things like this.

Am I the only that thinks some PU mesmers might try shatter condition now???

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Nice changes, but when their blog said they were revising grandmaster traits I thought Disrupter’s Sustainment would’ve been the main one.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Well as a PvE fotm and dungeon mesmer, I am extremly excited about the mantra changes.

Mantra of Pain will hit 5 !!! targets wich is extremly high damage with 3 mantras, ON RANGE. In other words: GS becomes viable. You don’t have to use AA, you can use mantra of pain instead. With this patch the GS is immediately superior as a aoe wapon compared to a pistol or sword offhand. I just wonder how much the difference of a 3 hit sword aa chain to a kitten mantra chain is.

Mantra of Distraction hits 3 targets. Daze, wich applies 5-8 stacks vuln for 10+ sec. Also – GOD IT’S A kitten LOW CD AOE DAZE!!! It’s amazing!

The only thing I cannot agree with is distortion for phantasms. 1 sec is useless most of the time, since some are first walking, others like duelist and warden take too long ot make use of it. Especially warden, I bet he’ll be invulnerable instead of reflecting …

I’m pretty sure that the distortion for phantasms is really just for the berserker in wvw so Mesmers can get a tag in before it dies 1 second later. Or maybe using a different phantasm to shatter in a zerg. If going 6 dueling then 3 mantra charges will be the PvE choice.

With FGS being nerfed, vulnerability is going to be much harder to spike to 25 and people will have to pay attention to it. Distraction will be nice aoe vulnerability and can potentially proc halting strike. (I’m annoyed that ele’s are getting easy mode with lightning rod though and they didn’t change halting strike for Mesmers.) With this in mind, I still think sword auto + sword 4 for daze is probably going to be a better option than greatsword for PvE stacked enemies since they wont die as fast as before and mesmers will be able to stack 15-24 vulnerability + auto attacks in an aoe and keep enemies locked down for more than 3 seconds if timed well on the dazes.

For aoe situations, GS 2 isn’t that great as it basically only hits two enemy targets. GS2+F1 is a maybe depending on how short the fight is. So can GS3 and GS4 be consistently used as filler for the ~3 seconds of discharging pain? No. Therefore, I still think sword/sword/warden is better filler unless you need ranged shatter fodder. If anything this change enforces the idea of not bringing a GS for PvE mesmers. If you need to fall back, just spam MoP and phantasms until you are ready to melee again.

in Mesmer

Arewn.2368

Nice changes, but when their blog said they were revising grandmaster traits I thought Disrupter’s Sustainment would’ve been the main one.

Yea no kidding…. there’s so many obvious things that need work, yet they didn’t touch them at all. I think that’s why this feels so underwhelming despite the fact that all the changes are positive.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

- Illusionary Elasticity: Works with Winds of Chaos on staff clones- Very big deal for us Staff users/Condi Mezzes
- Maim the Disillusioned: increased the amount of torment to 4 seconds to 6 seconds-I dont think that all the torment changes are neccessary,condi mesmer builds were already powerful,the scepter change is nice and welcome,but to me, it should have stop there. Disagreed. PU Mesmers might have been powerful in PvP, but regular PvE condi mesmers were not. We needed that bit of love. If you play a power mes (Sw/Sw, or whatever combination of Sword), then you wouldn’t realize how nice/needed this is.
- Scepter AA applies torment
Ether bolt – 2 seconds of torment, Ether blast – 4 seconds of torment,
Ether clones apply – 2 seconds of torment Friggin’ AWESOME

Everything you said you didn’t think was “needed” or “went too far,” just remember what you said about the Winds of Chaos clone change. ALL of these (above) are MAJOR awesomeness for us Condi Mezzes. For you power/mantra/lockdown mezzes, they aren’t anything special, but that’s how I feel about the buffs they got. My point is: calling something unnecessary if you don’t use it is… you see where I’m going with that?

I played all the sorts of builds on memser including pu condi.And they
clearly made PU condi build more OP(which is OP atm) than what it was,and you’ll see that im not the minor here about my opinion on the condi changes.You right about that I dislike condi play and I really much prefer power specs.Tough,I use staff alot,the wind of chaos bounce change is not that much of a big deal(not like the scepter changes,the ileap or even the mind stab change).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

A better change to mimic should have been to copy the boons and paste it to whoever we want. If i can copy 25 stack of might and pass it to some member of the team would be awesome.

Mimic+signet of inspiration and there you go!

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS WE SHOULD HAVE HAD CONDI CLEANSE BUFF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lana Del Rey.1873

Lana Del Rey.1873

Will the distortion finally work with the reflection trait as it should?

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey, is that true?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Mimic+signet of inspiration and there you go!

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS WE SHOULD HAVE HAD CONDI CLEANSE BUFF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

We can copy the buffs to ourself too :P

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Am I the only that thinks some PU mesmers might try shatter condition now???

We’ll see more folks trying out the buffed maimed, but maimed w/scepter still won’t be as good as PU w/scepter, though will make maimed builds much stronger. I honestly don’t think the buff to maimed was that great. Better than it is now yes, but they needed to add intensity, not duration IMO.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Arewn.2368

I’m pretty sure that the distortion for phantasms is really just for the berserker in wvw so Mesmers can get a tag in before it dies 1 second later. Or maybe using a different phantasm to shatter in a zerg. If going 6 dueling then 3 mantra charges will be the PvE choice.

How are you going to get a phantasm tag in with this skill if this skill requires that you already tagged something and it died?
Phantasms getting the distortion didn’t seem like that great of an idea to begin with to me, but if they were going to go for it they should have made it last 3 seconds just like the mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Phantasms gaining evade on summon… does that mean I will finally be able to summon wardens for arah p1 last boss??

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

A 30s base cooldown on the new mimic is too long for sure. It’ll need to be at 25 or 20 for me to ever put it on my bar again.

Torment on scepter autoattack is bad. This will make several condition builds crazy strong, and this means we’ll get hit with heavy nerfs in the future.

The change to mantra of pain, however, means that mesmers now have a potentially effective way to contribute to aoe damage in a large group fight. Aoe daze mantra could potentially contribute to this as well. I look forward to seeing how they play out.

Classic Pyro. Complains about nerfs. When buffed, complains that the buff is too strong.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Mesmer

Posted by: TrueNoodles.3850

TrueNoodles.3850

I’m really happy with the change in ileap but am scared of the future nerfs because of this whole scepter torment shenanigans.

Mesmer – Amras Inglorion[BLNT][Ae]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Classic Pyro. Complains about nerfs. When buffed, complains that the buff is too strong.

He’s not complaining about the buff per se. He’s complaining that the buff is gonna lead to overnerfs, once people start flooding the forums crying about PU Mesmer being OP again.

in Mesmer

One Note Chord.5031

How are you going to get a phantasm tag in with this skill if this skill requires that you already tagged something and it died?

It grants distortion to phantasms on summon, not on kill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

He’s not complaining about the buff per se. He’s complaining that the buff is gonna lead to overnerfs, once people start flooding the forums crying about PU Mesmer being OP again.

But maybe that’s actually a good thing then, because we’ll be over-nerfed, and that will lead to more buffs! But wait, maybe then we’ll be over buffed which will lead to more nerfs!

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Hopefully BlackDevil saw the changes so he’ll come back lol

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Phantasms getting the distortion didn’t seem like that great of an idea to begin with to me, but if they were going to go for it they should have made it last 3 seconds just like the mesmer.

Pause the live stream at 19:52. “Your phantasms gain distortion briefly on creation.” You can also see the effects on the phantasms if you look closely.

in Mesmer

One Note Chord.5031

Phantasms gaining evade on summon… does that mean I will finally be able to summon wardens for arah p1 last boss??

Ooh, that would be nice. (But you can already get two up, so it’s not a huge deal as long as they don’t get blown up by his other attack.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

pu is the garbage version of condi mesmer.. there are much stronger versions that these changes will break.. condi mesmer can already stack 20+ bleeds in a very short period of time.. if you are worried about condi pu.. dont be. they will do alittle more damage but still just end up being more annoying then useful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Having a critical eye is usually good, indeed.

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

But maybe that’s actually a good thing then, because we’ll be over-nerfed, and that will lead to more buffs! But wait, maybe then we’ll be over buffed which will lead to more nerfs!

Over nerfing is never a good thing. It tends to destroy build diversity and Anet tends to not go back on their changes so the build diversity never comes back. He is only complaining about a bad buff (makine us too OP) by the way. He’s saying the mantra changes are interesting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Illusionary Warden – Supposed to be fixed but I’ll believe it when I see it. I was hoping it would go back to being stationary most phantasm summons would be ground targeted. I’m thinking press and hold for ground targeting or double-tap to auto-lock on target. Considering the delay between keypress and summon, this could work.

Illusionary Elasticity – This was supposed to be fixed before so, again, I’ll have to see it to believe it. It has a lot of potential. If it works with Sharper Images, we just might have a decent condi build. I’m actually looking forward to this.

Scepter – Not the best durations but a that’s a lot of application. Has potential with the scepter trait, torment runes and the sigil. I’m certainly going to make a build off of this. Now we just need a trait that boosts torment duration or adversely one that turns confusion into torment.

Illusionary Leap – This is be going broken record about seeing to believing. If it works, hallelujah! I’m kittened because this change should have been done before the game even launched or, at most, three months after launch but I’m glad that it’s finally done! On a side note, if it is fixed, can we have a promise from Anet to NEVER touch our illusions’ movement abilities again? Every time they do, they end up broken so let’s not mes with what isn’t broken anymore.

Mind Stab – It’s… okay, I guess. I prefer to have the daze back or kill the damage and make all targets it hits stunned for a second. That would make the greatsword the go-to weapon for interrupt builds.

Offensive Mantras – Dare I say we actually have aoe attacks now? I hate that they are on mantras because those are still clunky as hell but this is somewhat similar to the change I had in mind. If nothing else, I would list mantras as shouts so Trooper runes would work on them and give mesmers another condition clear option.

Triumphant Distortion – facepalms The fact that this change was even considered baffling. Now if illusions had 2 seconds of distortion when commanded to shatter, I would sing Anet’s praises. Phantasm distortion on death doesn’t matter because the phantasm is likely to shatter immediately after the enemy dies! This change is pointless!

Mimic – I’m of two minds. The change still seems pointless because of Arcane Thievery, however, if you combo this Mimic with Arcane Thievery and then hit Signet of Inspiration, that’s one hell of a support build!

Now the things I have issue with.

Clones – They are supposed to fool our opponents but they only fool newbies. I suggest having them mimic the exact actions of the mesmer that spawned them. They should run, jump, dodge and use skills when we do and have a fake copy of every boon that is on us but only have their auto-attacks actually do anything. This would be a lot more likely to fool enemy players, especially when we can swap with our clones.

Wastrel’s Punishment – I can’t tell when this trait is working or even if it has any effect so it needs to be changed. What I would like for it to do is put all of an interrupted opponent’s skills on a 1-second global cooldown. That’s just long enough to cause a bit of frustration while not being over-powered.

Power Block – Undo some of the nerfs. It should work on thieves because any thief thoughtlessly spamming skills just because they can SHOULD be punished! I do agree that it shouldn’t work on auto-attacks because players should always be assured they they can do something. I also feel it shouldn’t work on revivals because it would be too powerful. It should work on stomps though, because enemies still have the option of attacking a downed opponent. Being able to stop them from doing it instantly adds depth to the downed system and gives mesmers a distinct supportive role. It also creates a tense moment with the mesmer trying to save an ally and an enemy trying to kill them. If Anet is serious about pvp, they will want these moments!

Disruptor’s Sustainment – Why is this still a thing? Personally I would rename it to Quantum Entanglement and it would give any buff that illusions receive to the mesmer that spawned them. That’s a trait that players can build around.

Blinding Befuddlement – The cooldown is killing Glamour builds. Considering that confusion has been nerfed to hell, get rid of it so mesmers can do their job.

Out-of-combat speed – Where is it? We were told this would be addressed with the next skill patch. Here we are but there’s no word about it.

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

i dont think these changes in any way will merit a nerf to the class.. its hard to say if you will every see a condi mesmer in any tourny because of these buffs. settle down

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Ok folks, please pay just a liiitle bit of attention to what they actually said, and if OP could edit the post to be not incredibly misleading, it would be great.

PHANTASMS WILL RECEIVE 1 SECOND OF DISTORTION ON SUMMON, NOT WHEN SOMETHING DIES

in Mesmer

Arewn.2368

It grants distortion to phantasms on summon, not on kill.

Ah, that makes much more sense.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Disagreed. PU Mesmers might have been powerful in PvP, but regular PvE condi mesmers were not. We needed that bit of love. If you play a power mes (Sw/Sw, or whatever combination of Sword), then you wouldn’t realize how nice/needed this is.

PvE condition mesmer builds have never even flirted with the concept of viability. Using one is basically saying that you want your team to carry you through every encounter ever. These buffs do not change that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yunalesca.9850

Yunalesca.9850

I suppose we’ll see a lot of condi mesmers after the patch with scepter and Maim. As much as I like the scepter changes, I think it’s to much plus the auto attack from the clones will be a torment overload.

Also I like the sound of an additional AoE and the AoE Stun – more lockdown possibilities.

Yuna Brija – Bunker Chronomancer [TDG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Clones – They are supposed to fool our opponents but they only fool newbies. I suggest having them mimic the exact actions of the mesmer that spawned them. They should run, jump, dodge and use skills when we do and have a fake copy of every boon that is on us but only have their auto-attacks actually do anything. This would be a lot more likely to fool enemy players, especially when we can swap with our clones.

This I have a huge issue with as well. I hate how easily it is to just tab through to find the real mesmer. There is no point to a clone (other than condi spec if you go that route) except to fool the other being into thinking one of them is you. Its stupid easy to find the mesmer that they might as well not have clones at all. Also, fix the kitten outfits so the clones are wearing them please!

in Mesmer

One Note Chord.5031

Disagreed. PU Mesmers might have been powerful in PvP, but regular PvE condi mesmers were not. We needed that bit of love. If you play a power mes (Sw/Sw, or whatever combination of Sword), then you wouldn’t realize how nice/needed this is.

PvE condition mesmer builds have never even flirted with the concept of viability. Using one is basically saying that you want your team to carry you through every encounter ever. These buffs do not change that.

Yeah. Really, I don’t think these changes do much for any kind of mesmer in pve, especially in dungeons, but at any rate they don’t do anything for conditions.

in Mesmer

frifox.5283

Mimic – I’m of two minds. The change still seems pointless because of Arcane Thievery, however, if you combo this Mimic with Arcane Thievery and then hit Signet of Inspiration, that’s one hell of a support build!

My vision: zerging on a mes and see a necro pop his elite. Mimic, Arcane Thievery to double the duration… stability for days!

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

not sure how it is op at all.. scepter still ranks very low in our options for condi. the only reason it makes the cut is that it is better then mainhand sword when we need to run an offhand. before this it did so little damage outside of the block that it was almost a waste of weapon slot. it is still not very likely that you will choose to have 3 scepter clones up at any point to do damage. but atleast when you are forced to dodge with scpeter on you wont lose damage now.

in Mesmer

frifox.5283

Wastrel’s Punishment – I can’t tell when this trait is working or even if it has any effect so it needs to be changed.

I have tested it and it does work. Anytime the enemy is not doing an attack animation I hit 5% harder.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Well as a PvE fotm and dungeon mesmer, I am extremly excited about the mantra changes.

Mantra of Pain will hit 5 !!! targets wich is extremly high damage with 3 mantras, ON RANGE. In other words: GS becomes viable. You don’t have to use AA, you can use mantra of pain instead. With this patch the GS is immediately superior as a aoe wapon compared to a pistol or sword offhand. I just wonder how much the difference of a 3 hit sword aa chain to a kitten mantra chain is.

Hate to break it to you, but GS will still be crap in FOTM/Dungeons. Sword cleaves and has much higher damage than GS, so it’s really not a comparison, since you can also use the mantra with sword.

It’s about our ranged aoe capacity. Also the GS + mantra hits for 5 enemies. It’s about the phantasm, and the new #3.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

Ok folks, please pay just a liiitle bit of attention to what they actually said, and if OP could edit the post to be not incredibly misleading, it would be great.

PHANTASMS WILL RECEIVE 1 SECOND OF DISTORTION ON SUMMON, NOT WHEN SOMETHING DIES

I wasn’t following the OP. I actually watched the podcast and wrote that post afterwards so I didn’t see all the post before mine. I can see what he meant now but the way he said it was VERY misleading!

I still don’t feel it’ll make much of a difference and I’m not even sure how it would work. Once you get a kill, does it apply the distortion to all phantasms or just the next one summoned? How long do we have before the buff wears off and we have to get a kill again?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

Condition shatter now has potential. PU Phantasm, and Interrupt mesmers also get a boost. Mantras are better also. I don’t see any benefits for shatter mesmers except for the iLeap fix. I don’t think glkittenter is gonna be fun anymore. Everyone in wvw is gonna be dire/rabid and after you get 1 burst off, the condition bombardment will screw you over. If power shatter isn’t going to be as effective anymore, im probably just gonna re-roll necromancer.

Mesmers=Tormentors

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I wasn’t following the OP. I actually watched the podcast and wrote that post afterwards so I didn’t see all the post before mine. I can see what he meant now but the way he said it was VERY misleading!

I still don’t feel it’ll make much of a difference and I’m not even sure how it would work. Once you get a kill, does it apply the distortion to all phantasms or just the next one summoned? How long do we have before the buff wears off and we have to get a kill again?

You’re thinking too hard about it.

Phantasms are invulnerable for the first second of their existence when taking that trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

I just shed my tears of joy
This is a step in the right direction, and hopefully those fix won’t come with new free bugs attached. lol
Kudos to Anet.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Syprus Soulslayer.1640

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

Super stoked about the iLeap Fix, don’t really understand the Scepter buff but I’ll take it. Seriously though I play a Non PU hybrid Phantasm Mesmer and I never really had a problem with Scepter, this buff will have people QQing to nerf condi mesmers more than ever.

[Evil] Blood Bath Nbeyond – 80 Warrior
[Evil] Nazarus Soulswag – 80 Mesmer
Devona’s Rest – Previously HoD / Anvil Rock

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

You’re thinking too hard about it.

Phantasms are invulnerable for the first second of their existence when taking that trait.

That’s what I meant. You get a kill and summon a phantasm, then you summon another. Do both get distortion or just one?

Upon further reflection, it still seems useless. I don’t know of any phantasm that does its first attack within one second of being spawned. The closest may be the swordsman. Granted, I haven’t used it in forever but last I remembered, it has a fraction of warm-up time before it attacked. It’s still possible that all of them will get killed during their first attack. I also don’t see fit to using phantasms kittenter fodder so what’s the point of them being invincible for one second?