Skill Bar: Patch Notes (Updated)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

You’re thinking too hard about it.

Phantasms are invulnerable for the first second of their existence when taking that trait.

That’s what I meant. You get a kill and summon a phantasm, then you summon another. Do both get distortion or just one?

Again, you’re still thinking too hard. It’s not a complex trait. When TD is slotted, phantasms will have invulnerability for 1 second when summoned.

Upon further reflection, it still seems useless. I don’t know of any phantasm that does its first attack within one second of being spawned. The closest may be the swordsman. Granted, I haven’t used it in forever but last I remembered, it has a fraction of warm-up time before it attacked. It’s still possible that all of them will get killed during their first attack. I also don’t see fit to using phantasms kittenter fodder so what’s the point of them being invincible for one second?

Yes, it’ll have limited usefulness certainly. iZerker will attain the largest boost from it, as most of its damage occurs rapidly after summoning.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Well in WvW large groups I guess mantra/phantasm builds with veil and mantra of pain/halting strike procced distraction and TD will be a thing. But I doubt they’d match the AoE damage that an ele or necro can put out during a bomb.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Nothing that makes me feel like playing again.

Scepter torment AA and iElasticity working on staff clones – PU condition builds will now be absolutely more prevalent and disgusting to fight. At least shatter condition will be helped.

ileap buff is ok, but I take it there will be an ICD on Swap or something to balance this? And the problem here is the clone blinking at the target means easy to instantly kill and lose the Swap. I dunno – nice to see it finally changes to get rid of horrible pathing, but still encouraging mindless 3→3 without waiting/baiting.

Mind stab buff is nice. Don’t expect iwarden fix to work.

So in a nutshell – PU condition and shatter condition buffed, ileap partially remedied, nothing else noteworthy?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Scepter torment AA and iElasticity working on staff clones – PU condition builds will now be absolutely more prevalent and disgusting to fight. At least shatter condition will be helped.

ileap buff is ok, but I take it there will be an ICD on Swap or something to balance this? And the problem here is the clone blinking at the target means easy to instantly kill and lose the Swap. I dunno – nice to see it finally changes to get rid of horrible pathing, but still encouraging mindless 3->3 without waiting/baiting.

So in a nutshell – PU condition and shatter condition buffed, ileap partially remedied, nothing else noteworthy?

iLeap will work as it is today with the same short delay between leap/swap. Karl demonstrated it on stream.

Mantra AoE for pain/daze, Mimic re-work, Maimed torment gets 6s base versus 4 and triumphant distortion grants phantasms 1s distortion on every summon in addition to the current functionality.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Illusionary Elasticity is pretty much vital for any Staff condi build now. It will now literally double your staff condi damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

We definitely needed more braindead-ness. Because PU wasn’t faceroll already.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

well this forces pu to lose traited torch atleast. or drop torch all together.. but stealth is a crutch most pu cant live without.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

and for the most part.. i dont think most people who used interupt can manage a ground targted daze on a moving target in a clutch situation.. so atleast it upped skill for that playstyle..

in Mesmer

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

The condi changes are nuts, illusionary elasticity was enough of a buff, the sceptor change on top is just faceroll time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Illusionary Elasticity will now be incredibly good for staff mesmers, pretty much a must trait after the changes. The torment of auto attack of the scepter is a really bad idea and will lead to stupifyingly easy condition spam builds, which will win most small scale fights with ease. I can already see the horrible meta, which is coming soon.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

they just make any condi mesmer OP with confusion and torment when shatter and easy reapplied

opponents wont be able to move or use skills at the same time

they should put confusion on the seconds hit for 2 seconds only (scepter#2 is already too strong)

so far i think the mesmer got the most love from anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

ileap buff is ok, but I take it there will be an ICD on Swap or something to balance this? And the problem here is the clone blinking at the target means easy to instantly kill and lose the Swap. I dunno – nice to see it finally changes to get rid of horrible pathing, but still encouraging mindless 3->3 without waiting/baiting.

iLeap will work as it is today with the same short delay between leap/swap. Karl demonstrated it on stream.

Mantra AoE for pain/daze, Mimic re-work, Maimed torment gets 6s base versus 4 and triumphant distortion grants phantasms 1s distortion on every summon in addition to the current functionality.

I didn’t watch the stream, that’s interesting. Guess there will be a lot of moaning from opponents now.

Mimic re work doesn’t fill me with excitement. Nice for mantras, I admit I’m biased against them, but that could open up some interesting builds.
MtD is ok buff, was needed. Triumphant distortion… well that doesn’t do anything for me.

I dunno – a few decent changes, nothing that makes me go “OH WOW I really want to play!”. I’m glad actually because I don’t want to get sucked into it again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

PU Scepter Staff “i don’t know what i’m doing but people die around me” will be so OP now…

That aside, i’m happy about the Mind Stab buff and iElasticity. Time to swap out iInvigoration for GS/Staff shatter, i think.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

Updated my original post and added

“Your phantasms gain distortion briefly on creation.”

Sorry for the confusion. Was out of the house and couldn’t edit the post until now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Shatter condition mesmer can’t have PU and vice versa this is simply a decent improvement for scepter. If a proper power shatter is rewarding so should a condition one. Just fought a shatter rampager mesmer the conditions are heavy but at least his toughness and lack of PU allowed me to kill him and condition necro,engi and thief will still beat a condition mesmer.

And no need to mention those shout condi war….. Don’t act like it cannot be countered.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

Lovely, there’s people already complaining about Mesmer changes screaming OP!

I wish these people would take and play Mesmer for a month straight, come back and tell me they’re alright how they are..

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Meh.

For me, the main impacts are the changes to iLeap, iElasticity and iWarden. But those are more some kind of bug fixes and not buffs. This doesn’t mean they are bad, it only means it’s nothing which should actually be worth so much attention like an own video for them.

The buff to Mindstab is nice but not overwhelming.

The buff to Scepter #1 is a little bit too much for my taste. I’m in general no fan of condi builds, but Torment is in my opinion the worst condition in the game. Giving it to a autoattack seems a little bit over the top.

I also dont like the change too mimic.
The changes a rarely used, but therefore “creative” skill into a far less individual / characteristic skill which probably also wont get used more than the original mimic.

Of course there might be nice combos with mimic + nullfield/arcane thievery, but you wont see them very much since mesmers with 1 stunbreak will probably spend most of the time with waiting to respawn.

The aoe change to mantra of distraction seems very nice, but in my opinion it misses the point. The main issue for interrupt mesmers are mostly the uninterruptable thieves, but the aoe change of the mantra wont to anything to this.

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I wish these people would take and play Mesmer for a month straight, come back and tell me they’re alright how they are..

So many delicious tears on Profession Balance forum.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

…iunno guys…have a feeling something gonna be broken…scepter gonna apply torment on ourselves or something like that

a lighter thief

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I find it funny how they were like “We fix Warden!… But we’re not gonna cast it!”

Also other skills could have used some love too. Arcane Thievery could have removed 3 condis even if you miss, Signet of Illusions needs it’s c/d reduced, and I-mage is still a stupidly long c/d for a minor effect.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Great news on the ILeap and making Power Lock an AOE is super sweet. But I just don’t understand some of these changes…

Like changes to the scepter.. yes, that’s all this game needs is more condition’s on AA. But no change to Confusing Images incredibly long wind up.

or the change to Triumphant Distortion – Also applies 1 second distortion on Phantasms

Hello!!! Triumphant Distortion triggers on the death of your enemy. What happens to your phantasm’s when your enemy dies???? How is this an improvement? Why would I take it now if I didn’t take it before?

And did you notice that the new Mimic had a 30 second CD.. meanwhile no mention to change to Arcane Thievery’s 45 sec cooldown and unreliability. Why not just improve AT???

I think if you watch again and read the tooltip, rather than listen to host it says, “Phantasms get 1 second distortion on cast, player get one second distortion on target death.” Don’t quote me, but I’m pretty sure that is what was in the tool tip.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

The tool tip does say that you are correct. Phants gain distortion on cast.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

• If iLeap spawns on target, does that mean its effect by LoS now? Also, do we still get the leap on swap?
  • I now foresee the Mantra Zerg Meta for Mesmer tagging in large scale fights. GG.
  • Some other good changes. But also sparse considering the (obviously) huge amount of thought that went into redesigning warriors.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

The condi changes are nuts, illusionary elasticity was enough of a buff, the sceptor change on top is just faceroll time.

Because you can somehow have 3 staff clones and 3 scepter clones up at the same time? Oh and phantasms on top of that too? Shattering all the while no doubt.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Illusionary Elasticity will now be incredibly good for staff mesmers, pretty much a must trait after the changes. The torment of auto attack of the scepter is a really bad idea and will lead to stupifyingly easy condition spam builds, which will win most small scale fights with ease. I can already see the horrible meta, which is coming soon.

If an enemy jumps up and down, or runs over a bridge altering his elevation by a few pixels in a fraction of a second, scepter clones aa will miss.

Yeah I hardly see scepter clones aa being a problem.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

You’re thinking too hard about it.

Phantasms are invulnerable for the first second of their existence when taking that trait.

That’s what I meant. You get a kill and summon a phantasm, then you summon another. Do both get distortion or just one?

Again, you’re still thinking too hard. It’s not a complex trait. When TD is slotted, phantasms will have invulnerability for 1 second when summoned.

Upon further reflection, it still seems useless. I don’t know of any phantasm that does its first attack within one second of being spawned. The closest may be the swordsman. Granted, I haven’t used it in forever but last I remembered, it has a fraction of warm-up time before it attacked. It’s still possible that all of them will get killed during their first attack. I also don’t see fit to using phantasms kittenter fodder so what’s the point of them being invincible for one second?

Yes, it’ll have limited usefulness certainly. iZerker will attain the largest boost from it, as most of its damage occurs rapidly after summoning.

Hey now, iMage will get his bolt off.

If it catches up to its moving target though….

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

• If iLeap spawns on target, does that mean its effect by LoS now? Also, do we still get the leap on swap?
  • I now foresee the Mantra Zerg Meta for Mesmer tagging in large scale fights. GG.
  • Some other good changes. But also sparse considering the (obviously) huge amount of thought that went into redesigning warriors.

I posted one just earlier, is pretty much a variant of CS build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJAWRl0npYtloxGNcrNiphcqqkOQjBleUpFA-TVyAwAAeCA6UXAtSwsKDCcJA+q0LnKNP3fYvuASBExwI-w
whoops something wrong with the sigils lol.

skcamow’s Chillruption will also be a good option.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

will this mean scepter auto attack is getting a damage nerf?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

The scepter AA doesn’t look any worse than staff AA to me. And necro scepter AA is kind of the same thing without a slow projectile.

in Mesmer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

You guys need to understand PU is garbage is team settings. It’s true 1v1 dueler.

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

The leap finisher, yes. The skill bar video had a clip of Karl swapping over a Chaos Storm and it proc’d Chaos Armor.

The more interesting question is, will we be able to swap to people on a different z-axis? I’m hoping it works like blinks, where if the person is in a “blinkable” spot, you’ll be able to swap.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

The leap finisher, yes. The skill bar video had a clip of Karl swapping over a Chaos Storm and it proc’d Chaos Armor.

The more interesting question is, will we be able to swap to people on a different z-axis? I’m hoping it works like blinks, where if the person is in a “blinkable” spot, you’ll be able to swap.

More testing is needed, but he did used it on an npc standing at a platform above him. If I remember correctly, the old iLeap clone will trip if it tries to go upstairs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I’m so glad, the patch notes say we’re getting a skill fixed.

Oh wait, just kidding, that was the April 2014 Feature Pack Notes.

Wait, it’s on this one, too?

#iWardenLovesRoses

On a more serious note, I was really disappointed with the patch. Everything was expected and underwhelming.

iLeap getting fixed? Cool, but it looks like we lose one of the leaps.
TD getting a secondary effect? Cool, but it really doesn’t make it worth a GM slot.
Scepter gets Conditions? Cool, but it doesn’t address the slow auto attacks (over 2 seconds for the full chain because of aftercasts).
MtD getting buffed? 2 more seconds on Torment doesn’t make it more relevant… actually, it can, but it still most likely won’t considering the tree it’s in.
Mantras getting AoE? Kind of expected, the MoP still isn’t enticing, imo. “Let’s us tag” isn’t really an excuse because you don’t want to pre-cast 3 seconds everytime you want to tag something. MoD is kittening great, though.
Mimic getting changed? I still want Echo attached to it. Rawwwwwwwwwr.

IE becoming relevant? This one I’ll appreciate, even though it’s taken them 2 years to do.

Overall? Great kittening patch. We got IE. Wooooo! Dey finally listened to us after 2 years of complaints!

On a more serious note: Really, really underwhelming. At least I wasn’t disappointed. (Although I’m disappointed that I wasn’t disappointed… wait what?)

(edited by Esplen.3940)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kael.4538

Kael.4538

When do these changes go live?

Remember the Mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

LOL @ buffing PU condi. The strongest spec got buffed a lot imo. It still can’t catch anyone in wvw who doesn’t want to fight, but buffed a lot. Nobody is going to run condi shatter because as Pyro has explained elsewhere, you’ll be just as squishy but without the burst, no way your going to have the dps of a standard shatter as a condi shatter so you’ll just die before you can kill anyone.

No, this is a straight buff to condi PU, which I’m fine with, but it seems strange that they didn’t buff normal shatter which is kind of on life support. They didn’t buff any lockdown, except kinda indirectly by supposedly fixing iWarden.

On the iWarden and iLeap, I’ll believe it when I see it. If they fix warden this time of course I’ll be really happy, but I wonder what changed between now and last feature patch? Did someone finally learn how to do their job? I just don’t get how it took them this long to do a simple bug fix. Oooohh wow big new feature, you got your kittenty code working. Seems weird, and more likely its the same kittenty code with the same kittenty bugs.

So basically, a few minor changes and two big changes that buff the most hated, strongest and honestly uninteresting build we have. I’ll keep playing interrupt and when I get fed up with other cheese classes I’ll spec PU and feel better for a while trolling people. Then when I get bored it will be back to a build that is interesting to play.

Here’s my question: Aside from the purple stuff and nostalgia for GW1 mesmer, why not roll an elementalist?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Honestly, despite the fact that changes are positive, I’m rather disappointed that mesmer is still treated like a dueling profession. I mean, the whole dev’s profession balance SWOT analysis thread showed us that we’re supposed to be playing vs. people, but I hoped for some adjustments in the direction of class equality idea.

Yes, WvW/PvP got a bit of love (and part of this love will get overnerfed because of the QQ). But even with the Mind Stab and mantra AoE changes, I don’t see much reason to bring mesmer to the largest part of the game – PvE – on a daily basis over guardian or ele.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

Zord.6130

A Month? Lol. As Helseth said, it takes TWO days of learning for a player who is mechanically good to beat any class with the upcoming PU buff.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

A Month? Lol. As Helseth said, it takes TWO days of learning for a player who is mechanically good to beat any class with the upcoming PU buff.

Did I miss something? What PU buff are you talking about?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Did I miss something? What PU buff are you talking about?

Elasticity (Which DOUBLES the DPS of your clones) for Staff clones and Torment on Scepter AA

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Which incoming, unannounced nerfs are they coating with sugar?

I feel somewhat excited about the fixes/ buffs, but I don’t want to get my anticipation too high.. you know.. they are truely a master in breaking things for mesmer by attempting to fix/ buff/ nerf something..

I still have hope!

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

@ALL

JUST a question, why do people keep mentioning helseth? Does it even matter? So what if he says “oh this.. oh that”

Why do some people even conform to what he says?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

The more you play a class the better your understanding of the said class is. Helseth is pretty much an expert in mesmer business and experts tend to be dead on accurate with their evaluation and opinions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

So does that mean when he says something is broken, its a fact? Or if he says its not viable, its not?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

It means if he says it’ll be OP then most likely it will be OP. Not a fact but an opinion with high chance of being correct.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

@ALL

JUST a question, why do people keep mentioning helseth? Does it even matter? So what if he says “oh this.. oh that”

how could u defy the lord, u foolish pawn!

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Lishtenbird.2814

@ALL

Being connected to a famous name feels good.

Personally, even as a (former) mesmer main, I couldn’t vote for him in the recent polls because of the “I’m so cool, I carry everyone” attitude. In my view, such attitude instantly puts a person’s strong point of view under question – whether it is a real thoughtful analysis or a method of drawing attention, regardless of the actual experience.

As for the video, can’t watch because the channel says “This channel had been closed. The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations.” I’d say that says something, too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

@ALL

Being connected to a famous name feels good.

Personally, even as a (former) mesmer main, I couldn’t vote for him in the recent polls because of the “I’m so cool, I carry everyone” attitude. In my view, such attitude instantly puts a person’s strong point of view under question – whether it is a real thoughtful analysis or a method of drawing attention, regardless of the actual experience.

As for the video, can’t watch because the channel says “This channel had been closed. The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations.” I’d say that says something, too.

he aint rly like that tho, he is nice to talk with etc, he just trolls much (gets trolled in return either)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Zord.6130

@ALL

Because 99% of the people supporting the Scepter Auto buffs are casual players who can’t imagine what this change would turn mesmers into.
Helseth is widely known as one of the best mesmers in the game, so hearing his opinion might actually make them realise something.
Pretty much every good mesmer out there is against the Scepter auto buff; still have to hear Misha’s opinion but I’m positive it won’t be different.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]

in Mesmer

Lishtenbird.2814

he aint rly like that tho, he is nice to talk with etc, he just trolls much (gets trolled in return either)

Clothes make the man /shrug

EDIT: The video is back. Watching it now and completely reverting to my initial thoughts, sorry.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Most changes are low-hanging fruits but overall I think ANet did a good job.

Triumphant Distortion
I think it is a very interesting move although I’m not sure it will be sufficient for melee Phantasms (iSwordsman and iWarden). But it offers Phantasm Mesmers alternatives and it does give better use to Phantasms in large scale fights (WvW and PvE).

I just wished the Distortion worked with Masterful Reflection. Consistency, please!

Illusionary Elasticity
Good fix. If it actually happens.

Maim the Disillusioned
Appretiated but probably not the way to go. Condi shatter Mesmers need bursty conditions because they usually are glassy. Or we need more efficient shatter-friendly defensive options to actually benefit from the additional condition duration.

Illusionary Leap
Really had to happen. Thank you guys. Just hoping it won’t cause any exploitable behaviour. And I wonder if I’m going to lose my double-combo-finisher. My poor Glamour build.

Illusionary Warden
Good. Had to happen. Better actually work this time. * hiss *

Mind Stab
Boring but reasonable.

Scepter AA
I’m a bit surprised by this after all the “tricksy defender” talk. However, when adding a damaging condition I feel this is the smartest choice. I also don’t think that all the whining about condi Mesmers is justified. Even less so when talking about PU since the change doesn’t synergize that well with stealth.

Mantra of Pain
Interesting for large scale fights. But… yaaaawn. I prefer utilities which provide utility.

Mantra of Distraction
I almost wet myself. Awesome for WvW interrupt builds. I’m in love.

Mimic
Errr… whaaat? What happened here, Karl? Combos with Null Field and Arcane Thievery? How? Besides totally cannibalizing Arcane Thievery the only existing combo is with Signet of Inspiration. Said combo already worked well with Arcane Thievery.

Probably my least favourite change because it doesn’t make sense at all.

What I liked…

• Many important bug fixes.
  • Changes to Triumphant Distortion, Mind Stab and the Mantras might give Mesmers more offensive options in large scale fights which they really needed.

What I missed or made me sad…

• Bug fixes appear to be the overall more exciting changes.
  • Where are the Glamour (trait) changes? Please, let there be some!
  • Why are there no changes to Mantra traits? They really need a rework.
  • Why aren’t there more changes to shatter traits in Inspiration? If you guys really want us to play less bursty and less IP (and DE) dependent shatter builds (which the MtD change partly suggests) we need complementary traits. For example, buff/rearrange boons on Bountiful Disillusionment. Make Restorative Illusions work “on shatter” and move it down a tier.
  • I’m not sure if the previewed changes will help Mesmers in PvP.