Thank you Mesmers

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

I have just completed the jump puzzle in the Eternal Battlegrounds without the aid of a mesmer portal for the first time. Let me just say that I will NEVER fail to tip a mesmer from now on. You guys should get karma or something for every person that you help avoid that annoying cesspool of Super Mario retardedness.

I bow before your generosity, Mesmers!

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

I absolutely despise the jumping puzzles. I have do idea why they’re in an MMO to begin with, let an important part of the game. The only zone I’ve ever completed is queensdale and I probably spent an hour trying to do the various “vistas”. I had to send a friend my login info to get past the priory story quest where you needed to do a jump puzzle while the wind blows and knocks you off.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Eliteseraph.4970

Oh, I like the added challenge of some of the jump puzzles. I had a lot of fun completing the one in the Sylvari area with the platforms that disappear mega-man style. I also though the one in the Asura starting zone was interesting as well.

But yeah, the gusts of wind can be a real pain if your connection is bad or you get a lag spike. At least it’s not a major part of the game. You don’t HAVE to do any of it, even the story missions(although the story is kind of nice).

I think if I saw enemies set up siege weapons in the jump puzzle in the eternal battlegrounds that I’d just skip it for the day. Not worth the frustration.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I absolutely despise the jumping puzzles. I have do idea why they’re in an MMO to begin with, let an important part of the game. The only zone I’ve ever completed is queensdale and I probably spent an hour trying to do the various “vistas”. I had to send a friend my login info to get past the priory story quest where you needed to do a jump puzzle while the wind blows and knocks you off.

Account sharing is illegal, in case you didn’t know already. As for the jumping puzzles themselves? They’re fun. If people don’t like them tough luck – they don’t have to do them. Plenty of people do like them, however!

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I hate jump puzzles. But the completionist in me is forced to do them. I really really hate them though. Wish it didn’t count towards map completion to get those vistas.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

TIL some people hate jumping puzzles

Seriously? They are probaby one of the best features this game has to offer. No one is forcing you to do them

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: plasmon.5348

plasmon.5348

The vista jumps are so mild. I doubt people even think about those when they are talking about jumping puzzles. Anet has been wise to not include the actual jumping puzzles for map completions.

So yeah if you don’t like them then don’t attempt them.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xapheus.1235

Xapheus.1235

Back when I started the game, I had heard there were “jumping puzzles” in the game. I thought that just meant vistas for quite a long time. When somebody led me to a real jumping puzzle, I was very pleasantly surprised! They’re one of my favorite features.

More on topic, I’m a mesmer and I’ve never gotten tipped. It’s nice when your friend is a mesmer too and you can help one another in case the other messes up.

League of Omnipotents [Omni] @ Fort Aspenwood

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Don’t be too eager to thank us, our kind is just as ready to yank the rug out from under you in PvP puzzles

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I absolutely despise the jumping puzzles. I have do idea why they’re in an MMO to begin with, let an important part of the game.

Probably for the same reason “Combat” (as a concept) is.

Because people (on average) enjoy them a lot.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

The vista jumps are so mild. I doubt people even think about those when they are talking about jumping puzzles. Anet has been wise to not include the actual jumping puzzles for map completions.

So yeah if you don’t like them then don’t attempt them.

There are definitely exceptions – the one in Dredgehaunt Cliffs that involves climbing to the top of a crane and then you’re still not done (you have to jump across a gorge, not die in the process, work your way across the side of a cliff, and survive the surprise dynamic event at the end to boot) comes to mind. Most of them are fairly mild, but…

Thing is, the map completion rewards are significant enough that you kinda do have to finish them if you don’t want to fall significantly behind. It’d be better if they split off the map completion so you got a partial reward for everything else and an additional reward for getting all the vistas that add up to what you get for map completion now.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

Map completion isn’t mandatory. The rewards are nice, though not essential. Let’s not forget that you can go back and do anything involving map completion at any time, so there’s no rush if you’re stuck on a particular vista.

Arguably even if people remain stuck on a vista then they’re simply earning their achievement. It’s a bit of a bonus for the perfectionists among us. As for jumping puzzles, practice makes perfect!

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

I have to say I have never seen jumping puzzle which was mandatory for map completion, usually they are added bonus and only provide achievement and loot chest.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Varqov.6984

Varqov.6984

There are definitely exceptions – the one in Dredgehaunt Cliffs that involves climbing to the top of a crane and then you’re still not done (you have to jump across a gorge, not die in the process, work your way across the side of a cliff, and survive the surprise dynamic event at the end to boot) comes to mind. Most of them are fairly mild, but…

And don’t forget that there is a vista up there… yay!

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shomaruki.7395

Shomaruki.7395

Someone finally thanked us mesmers ;~;…..We are loved after all.

I’m the [Captain] of the T.Coast

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

<3 np~ portals for all

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

I have to say I have never seen jumping puzzle which was mandatory for map completion, usually they are added bonus and only provide achievement and loot chest.

Vizier’s Tower in Straits of Devastation is mandatory for map completion.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pay.8713

Pay.8713

I feel slightly bad but am amused when I place a portal before a hard jump, mess up, portal back up, then some guy behind me takes the portal up top and has to restart it all since it goes away.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Vizier’s Tower in Straits of Devastation is mandatory for map completion.

Is that really a jump puzzle? It’s been awhile but I don’t recall any special chests and stuff that usually go with jump puzzles.

I thought it was just a longer-than-average vista path.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Somna.5168

Yes, I remember getting the achievement for it at the top, although I don’t remember if it was after killing the wizard up there or not.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Eliteseraph.4970

Well, this has gone a bit off topic. All I really wanted to do was express my gratitude to mesmers for allowing me to avoid the annoyance of repeating that extra-long jump puzzle under fire from enemies. Didn’t mean to start a discussion on jump puzzles in general. Good stuff, though!

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

draxynnic.3719

@Varqov: That’s my point.

@Garenthal: Map completion and the rewards for doing so is part of the game. Nothing is mandatory, but until not long before release, you didn’t have to get the vistas for map completion. Hearts, POIs, skill points, and waypoints are all things you can in most cases conceivably get just by playing the game normally if jumping puzzles aren’t your thing (there are a couple of exceptions, like the skill point on the Wall in Diessa Plateau) and until the third BWE, that was all that was needed.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

I hate jump puzzles. But the completionist in me is forced to do them. I really really hate them though. Wish it didn’t count towards map completion to get those vistas.

Vistas have nothing to do with jps

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

Well, this has gone a bit off topic. All I really wanted to do was express my gratitude to mesmers for allowing me to avoid the annoyance of repeating that extra-long jump puzzle under fire from enemies. Didn’t mean to start a discussion on jump puzzles in general. Good stuff, though!

Your welcome(I may never have portal ya, but I stay at end of jp for hrs on end teleing people through,,, so you never know)

Well on the thing this have became, let me say.

I FREAKING LOVE JPS

the jp in WvW eb, that he talking about. I have beat it in 6min 32secs before.

Trying to get into the 5mins mark.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tranquillity.8697

Tranquillity.8697

Allways makes me happy to help other ppl with my mes. Hell….. i made my mes my main back then for that reason. Lot’s of my friends aren’t great in jp’s =P

[Elona Reach]

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarelm.8317

Sarelm.8317

I did this a lot for my Charr friends back when the camera made it a nightmare for them to do most of the jumping puzzles. Someone else doing the jumping puzzle at the same time started yelling “CHEATERS!!” in map chat. It.. Hurt. I was just trying to help. I have depth perception issues, I’m TERRIBLE at jumping puzzles and it was hard enough for me to get there to make the portals on top of what a nightmare the puzzle was for them. I didn’t do anymore puzzles after that… This… Changed my mind. Maybe it’d be okay to do them again.

You laugh because you think I’m joking. I laugh because I’m not.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

draxynnic.3719

They’re just jealous they can’t do it themselves…

Plus, other professions have things to make jumping puzzles easier. For instance, professions like the engineer and guardian that have leaps that don’t requikittengeting an enemy can use those in jumping puzzles to make leaps that are difficult or even impossible to pull off with regular jumping (engineers can even place a targeting reticule to choose exactly where they’ll land if they don’t hit something). Since the mesmer doesn’t have anything like that with Blink inexplicably being unable to cross gaps, I think it’s fair enough to use portals as an insurance policy.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I used Portal to ferry people into the beginning of Troll’s End – a lot of people don’t even know about it.

Me and another mesmer would pal around, creating portals to help each other if we missed a jump.

It’s a lot of fun, and I enjoyed helping people.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I enjoy doing the jumping puzzles and helping people up who take a fall. Always feels good to to portal people to the top in EB too

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: gogoapoxy.1425

gogoapoxy.1425

There’s actually a few jumping puzzles that are included with vistas /skill points:

Wall Breach Blitz in Diessa Plateau
Vizier’s Tower in Straights of Devestation
Tribulation Rifts in Dredgehaunt

Only 3 I can think of right now.

And thanks for thanking us

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: djmckie.4876

djmckie.4876

I can’t believe there are people complaining about there being jumping puzzles, its an added feature for those that want to do it and don’t say you “have to” for the achievement points because you dont. Thats like someone that doesn’t like PvP saying that it shouldn’t be in the game because they don’t like it and don’t get achievements for it….

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Somna.5168

Sarelm: Next time someone does that, report them for harassment.

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

If I’ve got time to kill and bored, I’ll lead a person through the jumping puzzle while using Portal as a quick way to get them back up and try a specific spot again.

If I spot someone miss a jump, I’ll offer a portal back up to where I’m currently at in the same puzzle.

If I spot someone else in a puzzle going slowly, I may simply slow down and follow behind them instead of speeding ahead while keeping quiet. I know this makes me end up looking like a neophyte, especially if the other person makes it to the end, but if I see them mis-jump I’ll offer assistance to pull them back up.

If I’m feeling exceptionally nice, I’ll wait a bit longer and see if there are any souls around and offer a portal up.

The thing is …
I’ve noted a number of people who just don’t care for taking the portal, unless it was a dodge-fail or back to where they were to attempt the same part of the puzzle again. Some people just like the challenge of the jumping puzzles, which I understand as thats kinda why I do them repeatedly myself and keeps my skill sharp for future puzzles.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I love helping ppl and feel extra good when I pop a portal to help ppl on puzzles or even just getting past unnecessary mobs, traps etc. dungeons can be super smooth as well :P

Thank you Mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: MeveM.7913

MeveM.7913

Don’t be too eager to thank us, our kind is just as ready to yank the rug out from under you in PvP puzzles

No, that’s not the reason, don’t thank us because Anet might just start nerfing our portal as well. Less attention we get the better.