The Future of Lockdown Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

(Editing in build specs manually since links are screwed. )

There are some big changes on the horizon, and odds are whatever build you’re running is going to see some tweaks. It’s a really exciting time to be playing lockdown Mesmer, as a whole new world of options are going to be presented to us! I figured now is as good a time as any to start looking to the future of lockdown and determining what the most promising traits and specs are at the moment.

THE LOCKDOWN OF TODAY
CLICK HERE FOR A DETAILED LOCKDOWN OVERVIEW
Right now there are two main ways to build a lockdown build: Speccing into either Confounding Suggestions (Dom XII) or Chaotic Interruption (XI). Both of these tend to favor power builds -though there are some condition-based variants- and both tend to run very similar traits/weapons.

4/4/6 Power-Chaotic Interruption is regarded as the strongest lockdown build presently, and the majority of lockdown Mesmer you’ll find will be running this with either Greatsword, Staff, Sword, Focus, or Pistol.

THE LOCKDOWN OF TOMORROW
With the addition of Chronomancer, I’ve been keeping an eye on five specific builds that I think will be just as powerful -if not stronger- than 4/4/6 CI. These include variants for core Mesmer (no chrono, no expansion needed) Chronomancer, and Condilock.

One of the most interesting changes, in my opinion, is the change to the Mimic utility. Mimic will now refresh the next utility used, allowing us to use skills like Signet of Domination twice in a row. This, along with AoE diversion from Master of Frag, changes to the traited Pistol, and Confounding Suggestions means that chain-stunning an opponent is now more viable than ever and further splits the lockdown playstyle between chain-dazing and Interrupt. We now have legit OPTIONS to the lockdown playstyle we want to play!

NEW & IMPROVED LOCKDOWN TRAITS

• Confounding Suggestions . ) This trait recieved a couple noticeable buffs. The first being that it will ALWAYS turn your daze into a stun every 5 seconds, and secondly that it now buffs stuns in addition to dazes. This is very good for Mesmers that prefer to chain-daze rather than interrupt and will synergize excellently with Signet of Domination, Mantra of Distraction, Sigil of Paralysis and Runes of the Mesmer.

It’s also worth noting that since the new Mimic utility will duplicate one of our skills, mimicing a 35% boosted Signet of Domination (turning a 3s stun into 4.25s with CS and Payalyze sigils) would allow us to lock down a single target for over 8.5 seconds! This may make it so that Mantra of Distraction isn’t entirely mandatory depending on your playstyle.

• Furious Interruption (Interrupts grant 3s Quickness ; 5s ICD) This is just fantastic. Furious Interruption was already almost good on a 15s ICD, reducing it to 5 seconds makes this skill an excellent rival to Shattered Concentration. It’ll be hard choosing one over the other, but in my opinion I still feel Shattered Concentration is still too valuable to pass up.
    Furious Interruption will go excellently with Sigils of Rage. And when Chronomancer hit, we’ll be able to maintain extremely high amounts of Quickness.
    An interesting note on Quickness is that since it is a boon now, it can be extended and shared. A good 35% boon duration would help make this a boon worth sharing with Signet of Inspiration, so its worth considering for boonstorm builds.
  • Power Block (Whenever you interrupt, all glory to Mesmer) Power Block is now finally amazing! It is not only buffed to put skills on a 15s cooldown, but now it also applies 5s weakness on interrupt AND merged with Halting Strike. This is hands-down the best interrupt trait in the game at the moment, and should be a staple in almost any lockdown build.
  • Blinding Dissipation (AoE 3s Blind on shatter) This is a great trait for shatter and lockdown, power and condition Mesmer alike, causing the player to radiate blinds with each shatter. Though blind is a soft CC, it should be used like an interrupts: right before the opponent casts a skill. Blinding Dissipation will help you avoid lunges, steals, signets of spite and many other dangerous single-hit abilities, putting them on full cooldown rather than 5/15 seconds. For the best dishes of lockdown, sprinkle in some blinds between your dazes, stuns, and immobilizes to ensure optimal saltiness.

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

• Mistrust (Inflict AoE 2x Confusion on interrupt) Oh, Mistrust, how I want to love you. WHY must you battle with Deceptive Evasion!? Mistrust is an excellent teamfight skill that really pushes the possibility of condition-interrupt being just as viable as power. Since there is no ICD, abilities like Temporal Curtain(Focus), Illusionary Wave(Greatsword), AoE Diversion(Master of Frag) and Mantra of Distraction that can proc multiple interrupts at once can potentially cause a sinister chain reaction of anguish.
    Now just toss perplexity runes on that, trait into illusions to make Cry of Frustration inflict 2x Torment + 2x Confusion + Cripple and we’ve got some real AoE condi pressure potential.
  • Chaotic Interruption ( Gain 5x Might + Random Boon on Interrupt / Inflict Immobilize + Blind/Cripple/Chill on interrupt) it’s the old faithful. Chaotic Interruption used to be the best interrupt trait a Mesmer could take, but now that honor goes to Power Block. However, with CI being merged with Bountiful Interruption, this skill is still the second best option for any interrupt Mesmer.
    Not much to say here.. A great trait got even better.
  • Master of Fragmentation (Lots of fanciful shatter stuff, but all we care about is AoE Diversion) Its the moment Lockdown Mesmer have been asking for for years.. We can FINALLY take Imbued Diversion along with iPersona, and as a bonus.. We also get Cripple on Cry of Frustration and more crit-possible Mind Wracks!
    This is a shatter trait first and foremost, but AoE Diversion is such a powerful tool that it deserves to be mentioned. The synergy this has with every interrupt trait (Power Block, Chaotic Interrupt, Furious Interrupt, Mistrust, Dazzling) shouldn’t be underestimated, especially since we don’t have many options to inflict AoE daze. Grab this trait if you’re a shatter Mesmer looking to add a spice of lockdown to your rotations and have already invested in Power Block or Furious/Chaotic Interruption or building a condition-interrupt build with Mistrust.

POTENTIAL BUILDS - Link to Chronomancer Traits -

DOM/DUELING/CHAOS: The “Meta” Lockdown
- Confounding Suggestions, Shattered Concentration, Power Block
- (Any), Blinding Dissipation, Deceptive Evasion
- Master of Manipulation, Mirror of Anguish/Chaotic Dampening, Chaotic Interruption

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VSFRg;1VP;9;9;3STU;0038238236G

While there are some GREAT options in the Chronomancer tree, including that ever-tempting Continuum Shift and the shield’s fantastic CC, I don’t think any of that is actually necessary to make a powerful lockdown build. In fact, unless Alacrity of one of these wells really shine, I’m assuming that one of the most tournament-viable builds we’re going to have is going to be this one.
The combination of Deceptive Evasion, Chaotic Interruption, Power Block, & Shattered Conditions makes for an extremely strong build already, but add in AoE Blinds on shatter, Illusionary Persona baseline, Protection-on-Chaos Armor, and even Evasive Mirror(reflect on dodge) and you’ve got a build that’s far more powerful than our current “standard” Shatter with all the benefits of both shatter and lockdown combined into one!

SHATTER – DOM/DUELING/ILLUSIONS: Shatterlock 2.0
- Confounding Suggestions, Shattered Concentration, Mental Anguish
- (Any), Blinding Dissipation, Deceptive Evasion
- Compounding Power, Shattered Strength, Master of Fragmentation

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMBWALcBag~

This build is still under scrutiny, but it offers something for players who still prefer a more shatter-focused style. What makes this build stand out from the others is the ability to grab Master of Fragmentation, which causes our Diversion shatter to become an AoE. Not only is having another AoE interrupt great, but the Illusions line also lowers the cooldown on our shatters, granting this build access to the most frequent bursts and highest power damage of the bunch.

PHANTASM – DOM/DUELING/CHRONO: Temporal Duelist
- Confounding Suggestions, Furious Interruption, Imagined Burden
- Duelists Discipline, Fencer’s Finesse, Deceptive Evasion
- Delayed Reactions, Illusory Reversion, ChronoPhantasma

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMBXALcBrg~

This is actually a Phanta-rupt build, relying mainly on iDuelest and GS Phantasm for damage. I’m hoping that the addition of wells and the reduced cooldown on pistol allows for more AoE-oriented phantasm build that allows you to still focus on locking down key targets.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

CONDITION – CHAOS/DUELING/ILLUSIONS: Paranoia
- Master of Manipulation, Chaotic Transference, Chaotic Interruption
- Duelists Discipline, Blinding Dissipation, Mistrust
- Persistence of Memory, Maim the Disillusioned, Master of Fragmentation

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMC2APkBbw~

Mistrust is the new condi-lockdown trait on the block, and boy is it exciting! It currently inflicts AoE 2x confusion on interrupt and if it doesn’t recieve an ICD then it should be a fantastic new addition. On it’s own, 2x confusion doesn’t seem so great, but keep in mind that you AND your illusions inflict 1x confusion on crit (which makes Scepter’s Confuse Ray look extra lucrative) Combine this with Perplexity Runes (5x Confusion on interrupt, 3x confusion when hit) and there is potential for Mesmers to be master of confusion yet again!
While we’re at the subject, in this build each interrupt will cause 3s Immob/2s Blind,Cripple,orChill/3-8x Confusion/25% Pistol reduction

(Nerfed! Hnng)

CHRONOMANCER – DOM/CHAOS/CHRONO: Intertial Exchange (Personal Fav)

- Confounding Suggestions, Furious Interruption, Power Block
- Master of Manipulation, Chaotic Dampening, Chaotic Interruption
- Delayed Reactions, Illusionary Reversion, Seize The Moment
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMD9AF8Brw~

Really looking forward to this one. Shattered Concentration is an excellent and almost-mandatory trait, but I could NOT pass up the chance to inflict Slow AND gain quickness on interrupt.. It’s as if we’re literally stealing their speed! The problem here is that this build lacks DE and could potentially fall into the pit of being too single target-focused, but landing even a single interrupt in this build yields fantastic bonuses. Despite marking Chaotic Dampening, I’m thinking Greatsword/Sword-Shield may actually be best here if not Staff/GS.

Whether interrupt or chain-stun focused, we’ve got some excellent options coming to us next week. What will you be working on playing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Dulfy links are screwed up, I thinks. Am I wrong?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Dulfy links are screwed up, I thinks. Am I wrong?

Doesn’t seem to have been updated for the changes yet.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Hm. I’ll type them in manually in a moment, then.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Into the mists updated theirs with the new changes:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VSn

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Into the mists updated theirs with the new changes:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VSn

Nice. Thanks man, working on the updates now

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

First attempt at what my EchoRupt build “may” look like. Its no longer just a “Mantra Lockdown”, but a “Mantra-Phantasm-Lockdown” build.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VSFRZ;1VPV11I7RWV71;9;4TUW;0236256147e

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Excited for Paranoia. Might be going Focus for it given AoE rupt + iWarden’s crits. May be fun~

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

The calculator on Dulfy’s site is also updated now.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

First attempt at what my EchoRupt build “may” look like. Its no longer just a “Mantra Lockdown”, but a “Mantra-Phantasm-Lockdown” build.

I would hiiighly recommend going into Domination, Slim. Furious Interruption would really do you good since you’re using two mantras.

in Mesmer

SlimChance.6593

Dude, we haven’t even gotten to play these yet and already giving out advice!

Relax my friend.. its going to be fun tweaking all these builds.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Haha well I mean I uh.. Theoretically highly recommend adding quickness with your mantras. From the testing I did with furious in its current state, I’m thinking any mantra-heavy build would gain a massive boost from FI and the Chronomancer quickness -shatter trait

in Mesmer

SlimChance.6593

Well, I hear you.. but when Chrono shows up..Illusions would probably be replaced with Chrono. So for now, I’m starting with that and see how it “feels” and go from there.

Also, currently in my build, I don’t have quickness and am managing my mantra’s just fine.

;)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

I’ll be running Dom/Chaos/Chro for my lockdown build. I’ve been playing a 6/6/0/2/0 build without DE for awhile now and haven’t missed it.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Which traits snake?

@Slim: Come Tuesday, once you try FI you shall see what I mean. =P

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Excited for Paranoia. Might be going Focus for it given AoE rupt + iWarden’s crits. May be fun~

What is paranoia?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

What is paranoia?

Title of the condi spec Chaos made.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

The Condi build in the list.

Stickers! We must train! And you must teach me the new Art of the Ranger.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

What is paranoia?

Title of the condi spec Chaos made.

Ohhh. I thought it was a new trait or something.. Haha

in Mesmer

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

What is this? No Inspirational Interruptions (6/0/6/6/0)?

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

What is this? No Inspirational Interruptions (6/0/6/6/0)?

As much as I love the inspiration line (My favorite tree actually) I hadn’t come up with anything as potentially strong as those builds listed. Nothing in Inspiration really supports lockdown, except mayyybe the signet synergies. (mimic, signet of Dom, AoE distortion)

Inspiration offers a lot of interesting possibilities for a lot of playstyles, but is definitely going to need a bit of testing.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Anytime, as long as you go on. LOL.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

ESO has my heart at the moment, but I’ll definitely be on this weekend.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Paranoia looks to be right up my alley. Especially since I never got rid of my Rabid or Dire EQ. (begins drooling)
Although, “meta” lockdown is some plain out nasty stuff I’d try with Assassin or Zerker gear.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

ESO has my heart at the moment, but I’ll definitely be on this weekend.

Ask rylock to go on so we could duel him

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

I would hiiighly recommend going into Domination, Slim. Furious Interruption would really do you good since you’re using two mantras.

And powerblock is the most amazing trait ever

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Mesmer

Sadrien.3470

But Chaos ! Rangers is faceroll !!!!

in Mesmer

Sadrien.3470

CONDITION – CHAOS/DUELING/ILLUSIONS: Paranoia
- Master of Manipulation, Chaotic Transference, Chaotic Interruption
- Duelists Discipline, Blinding Dissipation, Mistrust
- Persistence of Memory, Maim the Disillusioned, Master of Fragmentation

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMC2APkBbw~

Mistrust is the new condi-lockdown trait on the block, and boy is it exciting! It currently inflicts AoE 2x confusion on interrupt and if it doesn’t recieve an ICD then it should be a fantastic new addition. On it’s own, 2x confusion doesn’t seem so great, but keep in mind that you AND your illusions inflict 1x confusion on crit (which makes Scepter’s Confuse Ray look extra lucrative) Combine this with Perplexity Runes (5x Confusion on interrupt, 3x confusion when hit) and there is potential for Mesmers to be master of confusion yet again!
While we’re at the subject, in this build each interrupt will cause 3s Immob/2s Blind,Cripple,orChill/3-8x Confusion/25% Pistol reduction

CHRONOMANCER – DOM/CHAOS/CHRONO: Intertial Exchange (Personal Fav)

- Confounding Suggestions, Furious Interruption, Power Block
- Master of Manipulation, Chaotic Dampening, Chaotic Interruption
- Delayed Reactions, Illusionary Reversion, Seize The Moment
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMD9AF8Brw~

Really looking forward to this one. Shattered Concentration is an excellent and almost-mandatory trait, but I could NOT pass up the chance to inflict Slow AND gain quickness on interrupt.. It’s as if we’re literally stealing their speed! The problem here is that this build lacks DE and could potentially fall into the pit of being too single target-focused, but landing even a single interrupt in this build yields fantastic bonuses. Despite marking Chaotic Dampening, I’m thinking Greatsword/Sword-Shield may actually be best here if not Staff/GS.

Whether interrupt or chain-stun focused, we’ve got some excellent options coming to us next week. What will you be working on playing?

For paranoia I highly recommend staff + s/p and the trait VI (staff protection trait) over V (condition damage from toughness conversion)

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

What do you mean?

in Mesmer

Sadrien.3470

What do you mean?

Its a joke post lol

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

What do you mean?

Its a joke post lol

stares at you intently

in Mesmer

Sadrien.3470

What do you mean?

Its a joke post lol

stares at you intently

um……… Do I need to run away from you in stealth QQ
preemptively equips PU trait

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Edited OP, almost forgot to mention blinding dissipation ! Paranoia is definitely one of the top of the list for testing

And good point sadrien, I actually hadn’t really thought about the staff trait there.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Chaos what do you think of Domination/Inspiration/Chronomancer, using say Greatsword and Sword/Focus. Could swap Warden’s Feedback for RI and take Shield instead of Focus.

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMBXASUBrQ~

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VR;4ZUV11I7sU-71;9;4SVW;0038136;7UNl6Lwl66TsW6TsWo-FQ3-sDrYYo8EbE6FbF6GbG63o-Hs1a;5FWDucYDucYDucYDuN2-qN2;9;9;9;54k3gl5U

I’d imagine playing with mixed sources of damage – part phantasms, part shatters, part interrupts and part direct damage from weapons, so there’s no overall “classification” if you like. Just need to find the right balance of stats which is impossible until they release the updated gear.

I just like the idea of having high passive condition reduction (melandru runes, time marches on, poultry soup), and even more for cc conditions so they should just roll off you – mantra heal with menders purity should take care of the rest.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

as for now i dont see condirupter working as good as lockdown would

the aoe confusion is around your target and not to your target so in pvp it wont benefit much as wvw zerging (which will get cleanse asap)
seize the moment may be fit more to power base build and not condi. condi would be benefit more from lost time for more slow conditions every 3rd crit attack.

for condi shatter i can see 3 builds working for the best in pvp
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMF-AKcBpQ~
slow will be proc nicely when interrupt with staff and f3 and also every 3rd crit (rabid amulet)
while maintain clone factory with DE and IR your torment and confusion (with crit) gonna sky rock (each shatter can be 8 stacks – nerf in the horizon…) so f1+f2+f3=> 24 torment stacks+ 16 confusion which is 4.5k torment dps + 1.3k confusion dps + 2k per skill use. thus in 3 sec its total dmg of 17.5k+2k per skill use so lets say 19k
we talking 6.3k dps = OMG

with chorno you can combo even higher with f5 to do all over again the rotation and with mimic and MI

instead of chorno some will go chaos for the chaos shield and 10% condi dmg and PU (not for pvp)
or even domination for vulnerability for +10% condi dmg in average (more group play style)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

It’s kind of hilarious what one interrupt can proc if you get all the traits.

- stun (if you daze)
- 3 seconds quickness
- 800 damage?
- 5 seconds weakness
- interrupted skill is put on a 15 second recharge
- recharge 25% of your pistol skills
- 2 stacks of AoE confusion
- 2 second immobilize + another condition
- 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds + another boon
- 3 second slow

The qq will be strong.

For the extra lulz:

Use continuum shift afterwards and do it again!!! Hahahaha this will be glorious.

Edit: added slow

(edited by Kraljevo.2801)

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

- stun (if you daze) – other classes can do the same with more abilities( warrior, ele, thief, engi, necro)
- 3 seconds quickness – ok so what
- 800 damage? – great at least we can do something . hammer warrior does lot more
- 5 seconds weakness – we hardly have any defense so…
- interrupted skill is put on a 15 second recharge - gw1 – this is the most important but very hard to achieve
- recharge 25% of your pistol skills – other class got inherent icd on weapons
- 2 stacks of AoE confusion – hardly notice unless wvw zerging which get cleanse asap
- 2 second immobilize + another condition -* the same as above*
- 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds + another boon – this is how mesmer get boons
- 3 second slow – very important for another interupt

The qq will be strong.

For the extra lulz:

Use continuum shift afterwards and do it again!!! Hahahaha this will be glorious.

so basicaly we need most of those and it will be very hard to achive the interupt chain

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

- stun (if you daze)
- 3 seconds quickness
- 800 damage?
- 5 seconds weakness
- interrupted skill is put on a 15 second recharge
- recharge 25% of your pistol skills
- 2 stacks of AoE confusion
- 2 second immobilize + another condition
- 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds + another boon
- 3 second slow

The qq will be strong.

For the extra lulz:

Well if taking slow and F5 you’d have to lose either CI, Mistrust+DD, or CS/FI/PB.

I think CI will be the best to give up if going chrono seeing as there might be a lot of passive resistance to cc conditions, and boons can be gained elsewhere. But on the flipside I think CI will be better than slow on interrupt and the luxury of F5.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Well Chaos, it looks like we have a lot of theorycrafting to do starting Tuesday. As long as you are on of course <_<

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Well Chaos, it looks like we have a lot of theorycrafting to do starting Tuesday. As long as you are on of course <_<

You are never on likewise… Let’s duel!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

You are never on likewise… Let’s duel!

You added both of my accounts right? My other one is in my sig ^^

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

errrrr I’m sure everyone want a 6/6/6/0/0/6 build but that’s not possible.

Btw what would you guys choose now that inspiration opens up? Still domi/dueling/chaos for max rooting or domi/dueling/inspi for cleansing? Or replace one of distraction/blink/decoy?

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

errrrr I’m sure everyone want a 6/6/6/0/0/6 build but that’s not possible.

Btw what would you guys choose now that inspiration opens up? Still domi/dueling/chaos for max rooting or domi/dueling/inspi for cleansing? Or replace one of distraction/blink/decoy?

I actually ended up inadvertantly creating a boonsharing lockdown Mesmer as I worked on the next version of Chaos Maestro.

Inspiration has a couple interesting lockdown-esque options that I hadn’t really noticed, especially when you consider Null Field, Feedback, and TimeWarp all fit nicely in a lockdown build. I’m also really thoughtful on boonsharing since Chaotic Interruption now grants the benefits of Bountiful Interruption, and I used to use that in the current boon share build I run.

Also.. Glamlock anyone?

—-

Something also worth noticing about the 4/4/6 CI build is that we’re actually going to be losing quite a bit of defense without the 300 toughness from Chaos and changes to Zerker amulet. Don’t be surprised if you feel squishier than usual.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

@ Chaos, but you’re forgetting the reliable Protection that we’ll be getting from Chaos Armor now, if you’re running with a staff.

Inspiration looks like an amazing team-build-tree now. I really can’t wait to play around with some of those traits, especially Temporal Enchanter (and to see how much healing for allies it offers).

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I’ve been keeping Chaotic Dampening in mind, but I’m more referring to GS (which is as popular as staff in 4/4/6)

One of the things lockdown had over shatter was its inherent ability to stay in the thick of a fight when needed, this came in part from 300toughness and gaining a boon-duration boosted protection. Losing 300toughness AND vitality from zerker amulet will be a bit of an adjustment. We’re as squishy kittenter now without Dampening.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

I agree with you regarding raw stats. But I think there are some changes in our traits/profession that really compensate. Having IP baseline is going to be huge, and I think people don’t realize how much of a buff it is.

I think we’ve also been given a lot of soft control that will help keep damage off of us. Blind on shatters, etc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Just noticed you can achieve near-perma fury with SoI and Pack runes (plus a buddy), never thought of this before lol.

I agree with you on the raw stats, that probably means we’ll have to save few distraction/diversion/stun breaks for GS in case things go wrong.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I’ve been seeing that “meta” lockdown build everywhere now. X.x My only “complaint” is that Confounding makes lockdown ridiculously easier, especially when two Mesmer are training a target.

BTW to lockdown Mesmer running traited pistol: try out Mesmer runes and paralyze sigil

Paranoia got nerfed before it ever had a fair shot. =[