Things You Hate Seeing Other Mesmer Do?

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Biggest pet part of mesmer is to Shatter! I hate seeing mesmers run around not shattering, i die a little inside when i see it not happen! Besides a clutch distortion to save their butts in a pinch. Where is your mindwracks? Diverson?!? Every build regardless of the traits are meant to be shattered at some point in a duel or team fight. Not to sit there with your Phantasms pounding away at someone. That is like a thief who doesn’t steal, a guardian who doesn’t use virtues, An ele who doesn’t swap attunements?! That is by far enough horror to kick off halloween early and is extremely aweful gameplay. Imo, i declare any mesmer who doesn’t shatter; bad.

Sure, i’ll just run full rabid and mind wrack for like, negative DPS.

Because otherwise I’m a bad mesmer.

I hate Mesmer’s who only play PU and kinda despise people who only play Shatter specs. Like you are missing out on soo many other builds Mesmer could be running! Confounding suggestions, Chaotic interruption, Healing shatter, Power Block, Mantra builds, Signit builds, clone death! Don’t stick to the meta, stray away from the normals cause Mesmer kit is wondrous and is meant to be there for you to toy with people’s mind! So get to it! Those that know me, know i am always playing something new, changing sigils around, weapons, Traits, builds.

…you hate people who play optimal builds.

Why does society like to condescend and despise people who excel at their speciality? It’s not even a GW2 thing, it’s rampant everywhere. Famous people get mocked for … being famous. Rich people mocked for … being rich. Good players at GW2 frothed at for … being good. Like, I don’t even know anymore.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Why does society like to condescend and despise people who excel at their speciality? It’s not even a GW2 thing, it’s rampant everywhere. Famous people get mocked for … being famous. Rich people mocked for … being rich. Good players at GW2 frothed at for … being good. Like, I don’t even know anymore.

Welcome to planet earth, hope you enjoy your stay…

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Biggest pet part of mesmer is to Shatter! I hate seeing mesmers run around not shattering, i die a little inside when i see it not happen! Besides a clutch distortion to save their butts in a pinch. Where is your mindwracks? Diverson?!? Every build regardless of the traits are meant to be shattered at some point in a duel or team fight. Not to sit there with your Phantasms pounding away at someone. That is like a thief who doesn’t steal, a guardian who doesn’t use virtues, An ele who doesn’t swap attunements?! That is by far enough horror to kick off halloween early and is extremely aweful gameplay. Imo, i declare any mesmer who doesn’t shatter; bad.

Taking that statement way too out of context.

So for crystal champs in arah p1 or Brie in path 2, what do you do with your illusions? Both of those mobs are immune to illusion damage. Even summoning a single clone to immediately shatter> just auto attacks. (Torch 4 is also good here) What about when mobs are about to die? Post-patch, there is no reason for warriors not to finish every fight with an eviscerate/GS F1; why would this not apply to a mesmer MW currently? Or let’s think of something simple like 4 warriors in the middle of 100bs on a boss. F3 for 24 vulnerability and go through 2 stacks of defiance to interrupt a boss so that allies can continue channeling. Or an AOE is about to wipe out your phantasms… why not shatter them instead of let them die? Example; lupi when he does his AOE life steal. Why heal lupi/clear his conditions when you can do more DPS/distort. That is real negative DPS!

These are the reason that I (and I’m assuming others) don’t like mesmers that NEVER shatter. I don’t think they are saying to spam shatters always but more mesmers could learn to shatter intelligently.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

What you do for those examples is switch classes.

No matter what you do, mesmer on crystalline entities and brie is an absolute abomination, complete garbage, and feels terrible to play because you’re capped at doing half of your potential damage.

- Mesmer should mind wrack at the end of a fight, yes.

- Most likely if you have four warriors channeling a hundred blades at the same time it’s either the start of the fight (vuln is capped due to axe 2/mace 4) or they switched back off their axe mid-fight after using cyclone axe and the boss has 16 vuln. Or…. they’re camping greatsword, which in addition to rending strikes will have pretty solid vuln uptime anyway. If you wanted to actually interrupt a boss to keep them channeling, take daze mantra, easy. “Go through 2 stacks of defiant” is just you being extremely specific to try and find an example which would fit your diversion example perfectly, but that will basically never happen.

- Sure, shatter before an AOE.

Mesmers rarely shatter in a PvE context because -

1. most people don’t main it so don’t think about it
2. mesmers are basically garbage tier so whether a class doing 500 dps can now do 501 dps is basically irrelevant in the grand scheme of a fight.
3. most people are lazy

I didn’t take any statement out of context, they were just giving the usual anti-good player vomit that infests this entire game and it deserves an equally stupid response.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

What you do for those examples is switch classes.

Players like you and I would swap classes but I’m in a casual guild and some people only have a mesmer to play so why not give those kinds of people the best advice given the subpar circumstances?

If you wanted to actually interrupt a boss to keep them channeling, take daze mantra, easy. “Go through 2 stacks of defiant” is just you being extremely specific to try and find an example which would fit your diversion example perfectly, but that will basically never happen.

2. mesmers are basically garbage tier so whether a class doing 500 dps can now do 501 dps is basically irrelevant in the grand scheme of a fight.

Ok, warrior was a bad idea but a lot of pug groups don’t stack that much vulnerability. Like I mentioned 4 warrior 1 mesmer as a simple example (clearly not meta atm). Daze mantra only interrupts one skill before defiant kicks in. Nub interpret spam can also get in the way. So why not both? As you said, mesmers are garbage tier dps. So is shattering so that your team doesn’t have to dodge an actual DPS loss for the group? Like 4 people attacking/channeling for an extra 1/2 a second with near maxed vulnerability vs 1 mesmer doing half dps for a few seconds. Sounds situationaly worth it to me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blood Lord.5687

Blood Lord.5687

I hate Mesmer’s who only play PU and kinda despise people who only play Shatter specs. Like you are missing out on soo many other builds Mesmer could be running! Confounding suggestions, Chaotic interruption, Healing shatter, Power Block, Mantra builds, Signit builds, clone death! Don’t stick to the meta, stray away from the normals cause Mesmer kit is wondrous and is meant to be there for you to toy with people’s mind! So get to it! Those that know me, know i am always playing something new, changing sigils around, weapons, Traits, builds.

…you hate people who play optimal builds.

@DuckduckBoom Got it right, your missing the point!
@ Maha It’s not a matter of condescending people, it’s a matter of not using your skill set! I dont hate optimal builds, just if thats what everyone is running, there are other builds you could run, just people don’t stray from the meta much. If people did they would see how powerful mesmer is. And if your PU you can still shatter! So if your speaking of pve which you are, when i am speaking about PvP setting/WvW. If your running rabid for pve, who does that? Of course you wouldn’t mindwrack, because you do no damage! You should play rampager, so you actually deal a mix of dmg, hell even celestial. You could still Cry of Frustration for a confusion burst right before you use your scepter 2 skill and torch 5 skill. Then maybe throw off a daze combo before you do a pistol 5 skill into whatever you got planned next. I’m not saying shatter everything all the time, but find meaningful times to shatter! Not every mesmer build can continuously shatter anyways because of the cooldowns and people not having illusions traits. But then furthermore you stated

~Mesmers rarely shatter in a PvE context because -
1. most people don’t main it so don’t think about it
3. most people are lazy

Exactly people who don’t main Mesmer and those who even do fail to shatter at all! That’s a problem. Like i said before its like a guardian not using virtues, its literally a WTF. Then your last two comments are invalid. Your trying to defend people who are bad at a video game and fail to realize what their class should be doing. Stop giving people excuses as to why they aren’t doing what their kit is designed for.

Majestic Royales ~ Champion Illusionist (R80)
Apex Prime [ApeX] , BlackGate

(edited by Blood Lord.5687)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Keep in mind, if you’re in PvE, it’s possible for a final shatter to actually hurt your dps.

If your Phantasms are not melee, then the runtime may end up cutting into their attack cycle, and potentially hurt dps (see Duelists). Additionally, in fights like Champion Entities (Arah P1), you can maintain 3 Clones for the entire fight (before tomorrow) by standing at the cliff and spawning 3 sword clones while targeting a drake. The sword clones will stay alive as long as you don’t run past the far side of the light.

With 3 clones up at all times, you can trait things like 10% damage (9%? 3%^3?), -10% damage (-9%? -9%^3?), +30% speed (33%? +10%^3?) and run Signet of the Ether for 1khp/s.

Sure, you don’t get that sweet, sweet Mind Wrack burst, but you do get survivability and an inherent dps boost.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Have you tried using staff clones? As long as they don’t get LoS they should bug out as well…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Biggest thing I hate seeing other mesmers do is:
2 PU mesmers fighting me 2vs1, and I kill them both.
Srsly, some ppl, l2p.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Need to add one more.

I hate it when the “Big” Egotistic or i guess some people call them famous, Mesmer community Members completely derail a thread over a petty argument in which everyone comes out of it looking like more of an kitten and idiot than they did going in.

Thank you

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Need to add one more.

I hate it when the “Big” Egotistic or i guess some people call them famous, Mesmer community Members completely derail a thread over a petty argument in which everyone comes out of it looking like more of an kitten and idiot than they did going in.

Thank you

This one.. went right over my head. o_o I definitely don’t get the reference.