We're in danger!(Mesmer nerf discussion)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Good day fellow Mesmers of the community, its not a secret that Mesmer is currently in the spotlight for possibly being the strongest profession in the game at this moment.

Bad news is that every build that has been in this spotlight have been nerfed to dust in the past. These builds include Beast Ranger, Old Phantasm Mesmer, Spirit Ranger, Hambow Warrior, S/D Thief, Dhuumfire Necro, etc. (The only build that comes to mind that came back after getting destroyed by the spotlight is D/d elementalist, however it took an entire year for its comeback.) The gw2 balance team is dangerously influenced by the infantly cries of the forums which puts our build diversity to risk.

To avoid this fate from happening to the current shatter mesmer, we should discuss changes should be done in order to bring mesmer down to the level of the other professions without over-nerfing.

I’ll start with my suggestions:

• Power Block: Interrupts deal damage and inflict weakness. Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown.
    This trait is really unique and cool, but the reward is insane considering the low risk now that mantras recharge in the background. The increased cooldown is 15 SECONDS! This is crazy powerful for such a low risk involving the current state of mantra of distraction. For a nerf, I would reduce the increased cooldown to 7.5seconds or less.
  • Confounding Suggestions: Chance to inflict stun whenever you daze a target. Increased stun and daze duration.
    Mesmer have always had crazy shatter damage, this isn’t new, however it took lots of clone micromanaging and planning to properly set up for a good mindwrack burst. With this trait, its all thrown out the window, with the new Mantra of Distraction you can easily stun whenever you feel like it to setup for your burst, its easy and rewards bad mesmers as much as good mesmers which is just heartbreaking. I would remove the stun and simply slightly increase the daze duration in order to bring this trait closer to the power of the other adept traits.
  • Prismatic Understanding: Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
    This trait doubles the duration of our stealth abilities, considering that stealth is a completely broken mechanic with no counters in this game, this gives us wayyy too much flexibility when setting up for our burst and wayyy too much forgiveness for our mistakes. I would suggest nerfing this to only a +50% stealth duration instead of the current +100%.

Discuss.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

(edited by Phantom Master.9582)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Its in the spotlight because its been in the meta for 3 weeks
i like it but i think its going to be nerfed to useless then its dd ele or nothing

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Good day fellow Mesmers of the community, its not a secret that Mesmer is currently in the spotlight for possibly being the strongest profession in the game at this moment.

Bad news is that every build that has been in this spotlight have been nerfed to dust in the past. These builds include Beast Ranger, Old Phantasm Mesmer, Spirit Ranger, Hambow Warrior, S/D Thief, Dhuumfire Necro, etc. (The only build that comes to mind that came back after getting destroyed by the spotlight is D/d elementalist, however it took an entire year for its comeback.) The gw2 balance team is dangerously influenced by the infantly cries of the forums which puts our build diversity to risk.

To avoid this fate from happening to the current shatter mesmer, we should discuss changes should be done in order to bring mesmer down to the level of the other professions without over-nerfing.

I’ll start with my suggestions:

• Power Block: Interrupts deal damage and inflict weakness. Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown.
    This trait is really unique and cool, but the reward is insane considering the low risk now that mantras recharge in the background. The increased cooldown is 15 SECONDS! This is crazy powerful for such a low risk involving the current state of mantra of distraction. For a nerf, I would reduce the increased cooldown to 7.5seconds or less.

What I would do is two things.
Give this trait an ICD.

Then make this trait like mug. Unable to crit, since it gives so many benefits already.
This makes this trait a timing thing, and not super punishing while not becoming a “spam all the daze things” trait.

• Confounding Suggestions: Chance to inflict stun whenever you daze a target. Increased stun and daze duration.
    Mesmer have always had crazy shatter damage, this isn’t new, however it took lots of clone micromanaging and planning to properly set up for a good mindwrack burst. With this trait, its all thrown out the window, with the new Mantra of Distraction you can easily stun whenever you feel like it to setup for your burst, its easy and rewards bad mesmers as much as good mesmers which is just heartbreaking. I would remove the stun and simply slightly increase the daze duration in order to bring this trait closer to the power of the other adept traits.

This honestly should have stayed a grandmaster.
This needs to be put back as a grandmaster. and the shatter trait moved down in it’s place.

The synergy is very strong and for two strong traits, their needs to be an option.

Either you want increased cooldown and damage on interrupt OR you want to stun on interrupt.

• Prismatic Understanding: Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
    This trait doubles the duration of our stealth abilities, considering that stealth is a completely broken mechanic with no counters in this game, this gives us wayyy too much flexibility when setting up for our burst and wayyy too much forgiveness for our mistakes. I would suggest nerfing this to only a +50% stealth duration instead of the current +100%.

Personally I don’t see a big issue with PU besides the fact it’s annoying to fight.
But in a game with capture points (spvp) PU does not really help you in any other way but to run away or set up predictable stealth burst, in which case you wont be using the full duration stealth anyway.
In WvW I think of it as another option for mes to be near the same playing field as thief.
Secondly there are a few counters in game to stealth
From AoE ,to skills that force reveal, traps (coming soon) and the new lockon for engies ( flamethrower with this trait is hilarious)

Most of the people I have seen complain about stealth don’t complain because they died, they complain because the kill they were working on was denied them, and that makes them salty.

We have better trait’s than PU

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I don’t agree with most of the changes. IF a change had to be made I would do the following, addressing yours first.

#Power Block: Interrupts deal damage and inflict weakness. Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown. Interrupt is skilful play, you should be rewarded for it and your patience. No change.

#Confounding Suggestions: Chance to inflict stun whenever you daze a target. Increased stun and daze duration. Others have said change it to a 10s ICD locally on the player affected, I kinda agree with that however a better idea to solve these is below…

#Power Lock (MoD): Daze foes for 1s, Number of Targets: 5, Radius: 180, Range: 1,200 Make it a 1/4s daze so it keeps it’s interrupt play but nerfs it’s CS interplay with bursting people down. The affected target will be barely stunned and more than capable of being able to dodge the burst if you lead with this.

#Prismatic Understanding: Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth. I feel the problem is mainly the torch trait in WvW and MI. A simple change to +2-3s instead of 100% would shave it down. Change might to something more appropriate like stab, vigor or resistance.

#The Pledge: Torch skills remove conditions. Torch skills recharge faster while you are in stealth. This promotes stealth camping which is not good imo. It’s not that good in PvP as you don’t want to camp stealth, and it’s very annoying in WvW and the source of most of the QQ even if you’re hitting like a wet lettuce by using dom, illusion dueling. Make it -1s CD per enemy hit with torch skills.

That should balance it out when combined with a damage reduction right across the board in PvP amulets.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Some of these are some great suggestions.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

I think your suggested changes are solid.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Mesmer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Its in the spotlight because its been in the meta for 3 weeks
i like it but i think its going to be nerfed to useless then its dd ele or nothing

Haha so true!

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Power block is fine.

Mantra of Distraction is fine, if anything increase the cooldown between charges to 8s or so or increase the base cooldown by 10-20 seconds.

Confounding has been discussed plenty of times before.. Local 10s ICD is most fair.

How about we talk about some BUFFS for once eh!?

• Chaotic Dampening needs a % increase to 3-4s
  • Maimed nerf was dumb and should be fixed
  • Fix our bugs plz.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Chaotic Dampening needs that buff. The maim nerf was also not very needed, considering that damage from the torment/confusion conditions are… conditional.

Speaking of: I want the torch to apply two stacks of burning. Is that so much to ask? Or don’t make it one bounce per target.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

For PU, I haven’t used it myself since patch, so I don’t know how powerful this is really. While stealth is broken on its own, is stealth duration really game changing? Does it take much more than the 3s of torch stealth to prepare a burst?

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Power Block and PU are fine.

Confounding Suggestions needs an increase in its ICD.

The other ability that people are forgetting is Blinding Dissipation. Being able to chain Blind 4 times in a row and an enemy not being able to evade is overly powerful. It needs to be changed to have a 5 second ICD overall (not per target) and you need to be able to dodge evade it.

Everything else with the class is fine and in tune with the rest of the balance/game.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

For PU, I haven’t used it myself since patch, so I don’t know how powerful this is really. While stealth is broken on its own, is stealth duration really game changing? Does it take much more than the 3s of torch stealth to prepare a burst?

It can just make you really sneaky to get those bursts. But it is probably not as good as some of other options in PvP.

What I like PU is its defensive purpose. You can survive way better on your own. This has long been mesmer’s problem, not being able to survive w/o teammate’s help. Or you had to waste your portal just for personal survivability. Now you can roam more aggressively w/o worrying about being dead weight for your team.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Mantra of Distraction is fine, if anything increase the cooldown between charges to 8s or so or increase the base cooldown by 10-20 seconds.

The undocument charge-in-background change for Mantras would justify increasing the base cooldown by a fair amount. Bumping up the cooldown on Power Lock itself a little wouldn’t be a horrible nerf, either. I could live with both of these changes.

• Fix our bugs plz.

Agreed on all accounts. Nerfs to our few broken abilities would be easier to swallow if the Dampening nerf were half-reverted and the MtD nerf was entirely reverted.

Power Block and PU are fine.

Power Block I have no opinion on. As I’ve said in other threads, I think PU needs to be given a flat duration increase of ~2s instead of a percentage increase. This would make Veil relatively better while stamping down MI, which is the only traited stealth duration we have that’s legitimately kind of ridiculous.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

Personally, I am against any nerf to Power Block except for an iCD for the increase skill CD part.

I am okay with any PU nerf as long as it is not WORSE than before despite the fact that I don’t find it a problem.

I am all for a nerf to confounding suggestion. I am even fine if the stun part is completely gone. It is only an adept trait after all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

#Power Lock (MoD): Daze foes for 1s, Number of Targets: 5, Radius: 180, Range: 1,200 Make it a 1/4s daze so it keeps it’s interrupt play but nerfs it’s CS interplay with bursting people down. The affected target will be barely stunned and more than capable of being able to dodge the burst if you lead with this.

I think you don’t even understand how huge is this nerf . MoD is using not only offensive but defensive too. E.g. to stop thief burst when stunned, prevent interrupt when casting skills like MI or Ether feast, prevent stomp while casting MI,etc.
Personally I’m ok with current state of mesmer. Ppl still handle mesmers in 1×1 duels.

(edited by Mak.2657)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Power block is fine.

Confounding has been discussed plenty of times before.. Local 10s ICD is most fair.

• Fix our bugs plz.

Agreed. A few changes to CS, and perhaps MoD discharge interval.

Then fix bugs and buff Chaotic Dampening and MtD. I would also like to see the delay on clone summon for iLeap reverted because it causes more problems.

Oh yeah, I’m in support of the PU duration nerf as I believe it should be a source of boons like all the Chaos traitline grandmasters.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

We are always in danger. We always get nerfed. We always adapt.

“Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I think people are panicking for no reason. Mesmer is not overpowered, its strong versus new players and casuals who don’t really have any reaction time and the fact that they have to react and think a bit now is what is making mesmer OP. I can’t count how many mesmers just use the daze into burst combo and its just plain horrible. People don’t know how to do damage in other ways because they just learn the simplest combo and with time people will realize that most mesmers play like that and really can’t survive if it fails because most mesmers suck because you can’t just go through rotations or spamming buttons, you’ve gotta think about what you’re doing, plan ahead, predict enemy move ect and a lot of the bandwagon guys don’t do that. Then they will realize oh look, when I get stunned I can just stun break and dodge. Then the mesmer is easy kill because he is a bad player and will probably tank a lot of my damage.
If you want to play mesmer versus good people you need a lot of skill still. Not as much as pre-patch but close. PU could get a little bit of tweaking but I don’t see a reason to nerf anything else because its really just L2P.
Power block is annoying yes but its not OP. It takes timing to interrupt a skill + you’ve gotta be in LOS ect. Spamming the mantra won’t do any good and realistically its mostly used on the heal which if is interrupted no matter if its on 15s or 5s cooldown, you’re probably dead so it doesn’t make a difference, you can also LOS the mantra. Other skills its not that big of a deal to have a 15s cooldown on.

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

I think you don’t even understand how huge is this nerf . MoD is using not only offensive but defensive too. E.g. to stop thief burst when stunned, prevent interrupt when casting skills like MI or Ether feast, prevent stomp while casting MI,etc.
Personally I’m ok with current state of mesmer. Ppl still handle mesmers in 1×1 duels.

I was meaning the daze goes from 1s to 1/4s so it interrupts but doesn’t give the long lasting daze. Cast time still instant so you can still use it while casting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

At that point it’d basically be a worse version of headshot in a utility slot. Longer duration stuns and dazes are what allow mesmers to burst effectively against slippery targets. Even with stuns, you’d be lucky to land a full shatter burst at anything more than point blank range due to illusion travel time and the obvious telegraph of 3 mesmers all running straight for you.

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

At that point it’d basically be a worse version of headshot in a utility slot. Longer duration stuns and dazes are what allow mesmers to burst effectively against slippery targets. Even with stuns, you’d be lucky to land a full shatter burst at anything more than point blank range due to illusion travel time and the obvious telegraph of 3 mesmers all running straight for you.

Well, isn’t that always the challenge playing mesmers before the patch? You have high burst but to land it requires setup. Bait out dodges, and use F3 efficiently.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

I was meaning the daze goes from 1s to 1/4s so it interrupts but doesn’t give the long lasting daze. Cast time still instant so you can still use it while casting.

Yup, got it wrong.
Anyway this 75% daze duration cut does touch defensive and utulity use of MoD much.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I think people are panicking for no reason. Mesmer is not overpowered, its strong versus new players and casuals who don’t really have any reaction time and the fact that they have to react and think a bit now is what is making mesmer OP. I can’t count how many mesmers just use the daze into burst combo and its just plain horrible. People don’t know how to do damage in other ways because they just learn the simplest combo and with time people will realize that most mesmers play like that and really can’t survive if it fails because most mesmers suck because you can’t just go through rotations or spamming buttons, you’ve gotta think about what you’re doing, plan ahead, predict enemy move ect and a lot of the bandwagon guys don’t do that. Then they will realize oh look, when I get stunned I can just stun break and dodge. Then the mesmer is easy kill because he is a bad player and will probably tank a lot of my damage.
If you want to play mesmer versus good people you need a lot of skill still. Not as much as pre-patch but close. PU could get a little bit of tweaking but I don’t see a reason to nerf anything else because its really just L2P.
Power block is annoying yes but its not OP. It takes timing to interrupt a skill + you’ve gotta be in LOS ect. Spamming the mantra won’t do any good and realistically its mostly used on the heal which if is interrupted no matter if its on 15s or 5s cooldown, you’re probably dead so it doesn’t make a difference, you can also LOS the mantra. Other skills its not that big of a deal to have a 15s cooldown on.

Well said.

Apart from one or two things that need tweaking/shaving (for me it is certainly PU and CS – everything else is acceptable), players will adapt and FotM players mindlessly spamming the same rotations will soon end up running into more counters and either adapting or failing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I think a few of the new things Mesmer received just need to be redistributed or changed slightly:

Reduce stealth duration of PU to +2 seconds. Replace Might with Resistance.
Make CS only convert daze to stun if it’s an interrupt.
Remove a bounce from Mirror Blade.
Reduce Phantasm damage by 10%. Increase Empowered Illusions to +25%.
Reduce Power Block CD penalty to 10 seconds again (why was this increased?)
Remove Weakness from Power Block and put it on Illusionary Riposte instead.
Make Blinding Dissipation dodgeable.
Make MtD apply 2 stacks for 3 seconds.
Make Chaotic Dampening -3.5% CD.

Blinding Dissipation and Confounding Suggestions could even have an ICD applied per foe like Ineptitude.

Gandara

in Mesmer

Necrotize.2974

Well, isn’t that always the challenge playing mesmers before the patch? You have high burst but to land it requires setup. Bait out dodges, and use F3 efficiently.

That’s the issue though. All the mesmer skills that “bait dodges” are part of the burst. Mirror Blade cast from far away will most certainly force a good player to dodge and it’ll be what they look for during the fight. But sadly, wasting mirror blade means delaying your burst until its off cd again. Technically a full perfect burst would involve a 3 clone diversion to stack vuln, followed my Mirror Blade>Mind Wrack>Mind stab. You probably won’t be pulling that off against a player that has even a small idea of how mesmer works. So usually you have to settle for Mirror Blade>(dodge if they’re immob’d for clone)Mind Wrack>Mind Stab. To push the damage higher you usually need to use a utility skill like Blink to get a point blank mirror blade or decoy to get an extra clone instantly.

Nerfing Stun durations would just make Chaotic Interruption more necessary. As it stands, getting stunned or immob’d is a huge telegraph for good players. The second a thief sees Immob pop up, you can guarantee they’re about to Withdraw to not only break it and heal, but also likely dodge your entire burst. It’s a double edged sword. Mesmer’s burst requires fast acting and can occur very quickly, so it catches people off guard if they aren’t familiar with it. However, because it happens so fast, that means a single dodge roll can negate the entire thing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I honestly don’t care what they nerf so long as they leave Illusionary Persona baseline.

For the first time ever using the Mesmer Mechanic is a viable portion of all builds and not just specific builds. It’s always bothered me that there was such a huge feasibility gap in the mechanic based on a single trait. Now it’s viable on it’s own and there are traits all over the trait lines that modify it.

This can be exemplified by the evolving meta itself. Since the patch the “meta shatter” build has used every single trait line as the build has evolved. Dom/Duelist are pretty solid but the third line has gone from Illusions, to Inspiration, to Chaos and not a single one of those builds was “bad”.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Julenal.3907

Julenal.3907

While I understand feedback above I would try different approach:
-Mirror Blade bounces between target, hitting each target max once
-Reveal baseline more severe effect/mechanic is somewhat tweaked.

Mirror Blade tweak would also remove that effect “why did you steal my might by comming next to me” and not encourage use of AI companions to mitigate Mesmer spikes.

Stealth stacking in builds and hopping in and out Stealth is much bigger problem and effects other classes than only Mesmers…

GM of Finnish gaming community guild “Frozen Dawn” [FD] since GW2 announce
GW player of 14+kh and Passionate Mind Wracker since 2005

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

my only problem with power block mesmer is not agasint the good ones rather the average ones

almost every fight if i am daze (without interupt) i get stun and than they spamm daze abilities. sure they probably wont kill me but its hell annoying

i want it that the stun will be rewarding so if i am not using skill it will be daze. if i get interupt i will stun or something like that and increase the icd

in Mesmer

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

One of the problems you always see on these kinds of threads is that people are mistakenly thinking that power block and confusing suggestions are the same. They are also making the accossiation between dazes and powerblock.

Power block procs on an INTERRUPT not a daze. Interrupting an oponent requires finesse and knowledge of your oponents skills. Yes you can spam your dazes, stuns, knockbacks, pulls, and sinks and hope to get lucky but thats the biggest mistake a new mesmer makes.

Confounding suggestions is a different story and has way too easy a synergy with the shatter damage increase trait on targets not activating a skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: notorious.9071

notorious.9071

I want to mention that this thread is to post suggestions to potentially ‘lessen’ a nerf that would otherwise make the current meta build obsolete. Yet some of these suggestions are calling for some pretty outrageous nerfs!

For example, Mirror Blade is not in any way broken so why are people asking to nerf it? Also, I think we need to be very careful on Confounding Suggestions. Yes it may be a very strong trait right now but it shouldn’t be nerfed to uselessness. Suggesting for it to increase daze duration and not stun at all is ridiculous, as well as moving it back to Grandmaster since it’ll be unobtainable for shatter builds (unless Mental Anguish is swapped for it, which I doubt since ‘build-defining’ traits will stay Grandmaster). I personally think that Confounding Suggestions has made the mesmer more exciting and it shouldn’t be excluded to only interrupt builds. Fair suggestions are to increase its internal cooldown to 10s per player or to only stun on inturrupts.

Blinding Dissipations should be dodgeable.

PU could be toned down by a flat 2s increase.

Power Block could maybe have a 10s penalty instead of 15s but shouldn’t go further than that. Unlike CS, interrupts aren’t spammable and remember, this is a Grandmaster trait – it needs to have a good reward. Putting an internal cooldown will really damage interrupt builds since it’ll reduce the incentive to actually interrupt which is counter-intuitive.

And while we’re on the topic of mesmer changes, Maim the Disillisoned was unnecessarily nerfed and should be reverted back. Chaotic Dampening is a pretty weak trait right now and and

• fix our bugs plz.

please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I believe that every time the dev takes from a mesmer should give back to a mesmer. Lets say he shortens the PU time for example. Well he should give back into more quick recharge skills & abilities so we don’t become obsolete as pre-patch. Gotta understand, reason why mesmer PU build are efficient is that long invisibility give you time to actually recharge your skill’s & abilities so you can attack again & again. witch was not the case before. Once tapped out all our cooldowns, that was it. sitting duck! & cuz were slow moving, no way to escape. PU just gives us a fighting chance to reset & even reposition when needed. If the Dev gonna take from us, they got to give back.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fobulous.6790

Fobulous.6790

Good day fellow Mesmers of the community,

Please tell me that I’m not the only person who’s noticed that the OP listed “R80 – S/D thief” in his signature ….

Personal opinion, for what it’s worth, this thread is complete garbage.
The only reason why I’ve bothered to even log in to make a response is solely due to the number of responses against the thread. With such high volume, it’s bound to get visibility with ArenaNet.

Here’s why…

The traits under discussion are perfectly fine the way they are.
The arguments presented seems to be based on a false belief that this mesmer has 5 utility skill slots and 4 core specializations.

Do help me understand what kind of mesmer build would include Power Block and Prismatic Understanding. The selection of these two traits are mutually exclusive from a build perspective and would not even be seen together in the same mesmer.

Mesmer have always had crazy shatter damage, this isn’t new, however it took lots of clone micromanaging and planning to properly set up for a good mindwrack burst.

How about Confounding Suggestion and the “crazy shatter damage”? If you’re going with a lockdown build through Confounding Suggestion, the only way you’d see crazy shatter damage is if you’re on your glass-cannon thief, in which case, a slight breeze will topple you.

This is also a chance to stun

Correction, Mesmers have always had the OPTION of crazy shatter damage. To choose to build a shatter mesmer, you making trait choices that optimize for the spike and that’s all the mesmer can do until the cooldown comes back around for the next SETUP for the mind wrack.
Sustained DPS (phantasms), survivability (the limited condi clear options), are all some of the things you sacrifice when you choose to go with spike damage.

And let’s agree here that if a mesmer does catch a thief with 4 interrupts in a row, traited with Power Block with a well timed spike, you should be dead. Mind you, this probably won’t kill a beefy class like a guardian or warrior.
Any changes made to a class must be made in consideration of its dynamics with ALL classes, not just one class alone.

There are other things for me to point out about your post that make you look completely mis-informed about the mesmer class but I believe that I’ve written enough to make anyone’s eyes bleed.

It honestly sounds to me like you got wrecked by a lockdown mesmer that outplayed you and you’re just here to post about the salt in your tears from your nerf cries.

formatting edit.

Screenshot of his signature:

Attachments:

(edited by Fobulous.6790)

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Just a typical player who mains a thief and wants Mesmers to be “free kill” again like before the June 23rd balance patch.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Complaints about blurred frenzy in the pvp forums are really getting my goat. Edit: kitten me, there are some clueless players in there.

Of all the things to complain about, it seems some people just won’t be satisfied until we’re freekills.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Not sure if it’s been said but I would be ok with:

Confounding Suggestions: Chance to inflict stun whenever you daze a target. Increased stun and daze duration.

changed to:

Confounding Suggestions: Inflict stun whenever you interrupt a target. Increased stun and daze duration.

or

Confounding Suggestions: Chance to inflict stun whenever you interrupt a target. Increased stun and daze duration.

This change would make locking down a target actually require some skill. You wouldn’t just be able to spam the mantra.

Thoughts?

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Personally I feel the problem with Prismatic Understanding isn’t the duration. All stealth abilities need counterplay. I say let the double duration stay but put “revealed” debuffs on all torch skills of all professions. At the moment, it would only affect 3 but that would make the torch a more prominent weapon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

I like how whenever someone suggests a nerf to blinding dissipation, most people ignore it and dance around it. Guess we can tell the real and honest mesmers from the fake ones who want to defend their class. Because top 3 things right now that need to be nerfed is easily blinding dissipation, PU, and mind wrack dmg.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

I like how whenever someone suggests a nerf to blinding dissipation, most people ignore it and dance around it. Guess we can tell the real and honest mesmers from the fake ones who want to defend their class. Because top 3 things right now that need to be nerfed is easily blinding dissipation, PU, and mind wrack dmg.

No they don’t.

See, I can do it too. Isn’t this constructive?

EDIT – More seriously, yes, the blind should be able to be dodged/evaded.

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Was about to say that lol.

Funny how when mesmers explain how to kill mesmers on other classes, explain how the burst works and everything they are ignored too.

Just as it’s funny how I still haven’t seen a single ESL weekly with more than 1 mesmer per team and only heard of a troll one from I think oRNG with 3. Just as it’s funny how the mesmers in said matches aren’t “wrecking everything” with their “broken” class.

in Mesmer

Loxsus.3841

Was about to say that lol.

Funny how when mesmers explain how to kill mesmers on other classes, explain how the burst works and everything they are ignored too.

Just as it’s funny how I still haven’t seen a single ESL weekly with more than 1 mesmer per team and only heard of a troll one from I think oRNG with 3. Just as it’s funny how the mesmers in said matches aren’t “wrecking everything” with their “broken” class.

I too find this HILARIOUS! I have to assume by reading these forums that the ESL people haven’t figured out a team of 5 mesmers is godmode. Silly stupid professionals …

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Oh I agree with it and personally don’t like using blinding dissipation.

You might ask why I don’t use it – the answer is pretty silly… I hate the sound effect! :S

in Mesmer

Necrotize.2974

5 mesmer team must be so godmode that not even the servers can handle it and that’s why we never see one.

in Mesmer

Loxsus.3841

5 mesmer team must be so godmode that not even the servers can handle it and that’s why we never see one.

Duh I just realized, they’re actually already WINNING. They’re just all in perma stealth so you don’t NOTICE they’re winning every game.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Duh I just realized, they’re actually already WINNING. They’re just all in perma stealth so you don’t NOTICE they’re winning every game.

Even the scores are in stealth! :o

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Mesmers are like kittenroaches. If you see one on the other team, that means there are 10 more hiding in PU Permastealth.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Necrotize.2974

Everytime someone dies to fall damage, it’s really a perma-stealth PU mesmer oneshotting you from stealth then immediately hiding again.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Everytime someone dies to fall damage, it’s really a perma-stealth PU mesmer oneshotting you from stealth then immediately hiding again.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell if they were really in stealth – or one-shotting you from 9000 range with their unreflectable, unblockable greatsword burst combo.

in Mesmer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Of course mesmer will be nerfed, not even a question about it. The sooner the better.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Lol it will be funny if mesmer is buffed by their intended nerf. Almost any mesmer change has made my mesmer stronger (except mimic nerf a while back)

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Sometimes it’s hard to tell if they were really in stealth – or one-shotting you from 9000 range with their unreflectable, unblockable greatsword burst combo.

what makes this specific joke post even more hilarious is people over in the PvP forums actually believe this kitten..

Attachments:

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB