Well of Precognition, a must? ( PvP )

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I don’t want the END of PU. But I want other playable options too. Not only oneshot nuke mesmers or condi mesmers. How about a supportive cele mesmer? If that’d work GOOD, that’d be great.

I personally feel like bunker mesmer is already close to bunker guardian in efficiency (though with just 10 times the amount of work)

Pretty sure you just said that bunker mesmer is 10 times less efficient than guardian.

Not really. To be fair, bunker guardian is fairly easy to play. Even bunker guardians admit it:

“Bunker Guardian is one of the mechanically less demanding builds”
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Guide:Guardian_-_Bunker#Quick_Tips

Bunker mesmer can get (I feel) similar results but with quite a bit more work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Ten times more work for a similar result is pretty much the definition of “ten times less efficient”.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Ten times more work for a similar result is pretty much the definition of “ten times less efficient”.

No because any good player will be able to play both to their best, and thus get the same quality of results according to my assumption.

Anyway, I don’t think this is really the subject of the thread.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I don’t think mesmer was even meant to be a bunker. The problem is it can’t be a bunker like the guardian yet in terms of sustained damage it doesn’t beat a guardian either.

Classes with less bunkering potential should have more offensive perks.

And by perks I don’t mean more burst. It could be as simple as more debuffing factors to offer a team offensive utility compared too the guardian’s defensive team utility.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

It does offer essentially as much support (both boons + healing + rezzing), a bit less self-survivability and clearly more enemy debuff thanks to interrupt. At least, that is my feeling, but as I said, I’m no pro player and so my own experience does not prove anything.

(edited by Silverkey.2078)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Silver responded well enough for me in terms of “what is currently meta” debate in terms of Portal/Blink/Decoy. I’ll reiterate, that is not the most consistent trio being used by all mesmers in the current meta right now. A lot of them are taking MoD. Some of them are going with Mantras even after the nerf. I will respond to some of these points though.

That leaves you with 1 stunbreak which you want to save for your allies unless in dire need. And if your using well of precognition as a stunbreak all the time ( which you no doubt will if that’s your only stunbreak ) then it would probably be better to take blink or decoy because your not getting the revival potential from well of precognition.

I know reviving is what we have been discussing a lot here, but let’s not forget that this aoe blur can be used for other things a well… coordinating long burst rotations (continuum shift comes to mind) without being interrupted, comboing with other wells to guarantee safely sitting in them for positive effects and also just mitigating huge incoming burst rotations from the enemy team. This skill is more than a rally-utility. That’s what IoL is for.

Again, let me emphasize: the typical Mesmer is slotted into a roaming role. That of the chronomancer does not have to fit that role as well. On the contrary, it can do well as a support build that generally stays mid to help support your team in the big fights. I’m not going to downplay portal’s effectiveness, because there’s nothing bad you can really say about it other than that you need concise coordination. But I do honestly think with this latest update that you will be seeing a lot more Wells from Mesmers and for good reason.

I still think without a doubt that Blink is our best stun breaker and nearly necessary in all builds, but I’m not opposed to the possibility that we could see our utilities mixed up a bit with how good Wells [and Alacrity] is for team support.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I really don’t think support wells will ever be able to make mesmer into a good full support role.

Well’s effect radius 240 and its 3 second delay of effect pretty kills it in comparison to shout(600 radius, instant) for support.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

this is the build i tested for my bunker mesmer role.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseWncfClfilqBGoBEgilej6cDKhWzMAugMqeUb1XF-TZxHAB1eKAQqMAK7PYwDAAgjAAA
i didnt use decoy or blink as i have stability when needed so its hard to interrupt me .
if i dont think there will be much condi pressure i will take portal over null field or another well. for the elite sometime i take time warp and than use temporal enchanter for the resistance (good against weakness and blind and other conditions) when we burst

cleasne:
compare it to bunker guard – guard can remove 9-11 conditions if used all the shouts and virtues .
mesmer can cleanse 2 with heal and null field or mantra for fast cleanse total of 6 every 20 sec or less.

boons:
bunker guards give boons like might with empower or protection stability and regen every 24 sec.
mesmer can do the same and more boons every 15 sec in average with boon share (trait and signet) and for longer time but need to build them up at the start of the fight so its not on call boons.

res ability:
mesmer can res 30% faster and with quickness faster and with more health with runes. also feedback bubble protect from projectiles for 10 sec or 12 sec.
guard has shield to push back and reflect projectiles for 4 sec and give 3 boons when up.
both has stability when needed.

healing abilities:
guard have more healing abilities with regen and pure of heart empower and mace.
mesmer got strong healing skills which heal you for 8.5k and allies for 5.5k and also good regen boon share with phantasm. so probably more burst heal when needed.

block ability:
guard has more with aegis, shelter and mace and focus
mesmer is random aegis with chaos armor but has more blind with it also.

hp bar and armor
guard 13k with 3.2k armor
mesmer 15k with 3k armor

debuff conditions, boons and area control:
mesmer has slow, chaos storm, and null field and wells so more area control
guard has staff line

now i didnt talk about alacrity to the team which is nice buff not that strong but nice (with well can be nicer but is it really needed for bunker mesmer?)
also didnt talk about F5 abilities to doable the cleanse or heal skills etc…

so probably there are more pros and cons for each profession. but seems like mesmer ele and guard can contest on that bunker role as each of them has unique mechanism to support the group

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

why does “45” “s” get kittenized?

I think it is because it reads it as “a buttocks” in 1337 speak.. or something. The filter is overly sensitive. I can’t imagine what else it would triggers on it for, and regardless, for it to trigger on that word is just ridiculous at any rate. Oh no, someone wrote a slightly cruder word for buttocks on the internet, or a wild donkey, call the censorship police! Like i said before, I bet by next year, all we can read on the official forums are paragraphs of kitten. “Kitten kitten kitten, kitten.. kitten kitten kitten kitten. Kitten! Kitten kitten.”

Back to the well, why use the well for a resurrect, when you could much quicker push out a banner, or Signet of Mercy, Glyph of Renewal, Signet of Undeath, Toss Elixir R (from slotting Elixir R), Nature’s Renewal (from sacrificing a Spirit of Nature) for that matter. We are the only ones with a semi-terrible revival skill (out of the professions that has one, out of which only Thief does not), which places them back into downed state if there’s no opponents finished off during the window. Yes, these revival skills has a much longer recharge, but fourty-five seconds is still a rather lengthy recharge nonetheless (and I guess in that sense it’s not totally unbalanced if it truly is 3s of basically evading anything thrown your way as a team standing on it).

Just relised you either edited your post or I didn’t see there was more to it. In a pug pvp match those are certainly viable options IF you play those classes. but in pug servers your teammates aren’t gonna do a quick rez. This idea is strictly for more organized groups that work together and are on TS. Most of the resurrects you listed have a long cast time and thus can be interrupted. In tournaments most of those will just get interrupted again and again. As for toss elixir B, engi needs kits to be effective and thus grenade kit and tool kit are taken. For your third slot you need a stunbreak or you will be targeted again and again in a team fight and get massacred. Thus, slick shows is taken. I would say it actually probably does a better job of securing stomps and rezes. And ranger normerly isn’t taken, not to mention the spirit has like 0 health.

But, you are saying a Mesmer should take the well in an organized team, sacrificing a slot. Why can’t the organized team figure out what they want to sacrifice themselves across other professions for a more potent resurrect? It’s not as if the Mesmer couldn’t potentially take something more selfish, the same way the Engi, Ele, Ranger, Necro, Warrior (well, maybe not Warrior, a lot of those do run banner) or Guardian would. Mesmer’s are often under the disillusion of needing Decoy as an example, which I know is not the case. The same is highly likely for the other professions, I don’t run half the skills you mentioned when I play my alts. People are just stuck in some rut of an idea that you must have certain skills on your bar, or you can’t function. They all use the same cookie cut build they got from someone else. I call these skills crutches, band aids that allows you to not become a better version of the player that you currently are.

Additionally, using the revival skills are honestly not that difficult. That can be resolved with positioning and/or body blocking by other team members. I know Ranger isn’t taken normally, Necromancer isn’t either when it comes to it, that doesn’t change they have an option for revival. And I already said the recharge is long on those skills, but so is 45 seconds if you think about it. The upside is that the well has more applicable use, way more potent than for a team resurrect. Evading nearly anything that comes your way for 3 seconds as a whole team is huge, and I hope that is not how it functions. On paper that seems stupid powerful. But.. as I said before, I’m all for trying it before I chalk it up as broken. Oh, and remember that at the time of us being able to use this well, the other professions will have their new skills and traits to toy around with as well, plus there will be an entire new profession available.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

this is the build i tested for my bunker mesmer role.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseWncfClfilqBGoBEgilej6cDKhWzMAugMqeUb1XF-TZxHAB1eKAQqMAK7PYwDAAgjAAA
i didnt use decoy or blink as i have stability when needed so its hard to interrupt me .
if i dont think there will be much condi pressure i will take portal over null field or another well. for the elite sometime i take time warp and than use temporal enchanter for the resistance (good against weakness and blind and other conditions) when we burst

cleasne:
compare it to bunker guard – guard can remove 9-11 conditions if used all the shouts and virtues .
mesmer can cleanse 2 with heal and null field or mantra for fast cleanse total of 6 every 20 sec or less.

boons:
bunker guards give boons like might with empower or protection stability and regen every 24 sec.
mesmer can do the same and more boons every 15 sec in average with boon share (trait and signet) and for longer time but need to build them up at the start of the fight so its not on call boons.

res ability:
mesmer can res 30% faster and with quickness faster and with more health with runes. also feedback bubble protect from projectiles for 10 sec or 12 sec.
guard has shield to push back and reflect projectiles for 4 sec and give 3 boons when up.
both has stability when needed.

healing abilities:
guard have more healing abilities with regen and pure of heart empower and mace.
mesmer got strong healing skills which heal you for 8.5k and allies for 5.5k and also good regen boon share with phantasm. so probably more burst heal when needed.

block ability:
guard has more with aegis, shelter and mace and focus
mesmer is random aegis with chaos armor but has more blind with it also.

hp bar and armor
guard 13k with 3.2k armor
mesmer 15k with 3k armor

debuff conditions, boons and area control:
mesmer has slow, chaos storm, and null field and wells so more area control
guard has staff line

now i didnt talk about alacrity to the team which is nice buff not that strong but nice (with well can be nicer but is it really needed for bunker mesmer?)
also didnt talk about F5 abilities to doable the cleanse or heal skills etc…

so probably there are more pros and cons for each profession. but seems like mesmer ele and guard can contest on that bunker role as each of them has unique mechanism to support the group

Looks nice on paper. But all mesmer support are so much smaller in radius compared to guardian shout (240 vs 600). Only exception is the signet. They also have cast time which makes so much worse compared to the instant shout skills.

I also don’t think all the ground targeting support is as strong in PvP setting. Small circle of null field and well of eternity is basically inviting cleave damage. Also, in less coordinated team, it is much harder to have players to get the full benefit from those ground target circle.

We have a lot of strong utilities But I really don’t believe going full support is an effective way to play mesmer.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Blink, Portal, X is going to be the default setup for any power shatter build.

Precog changes add a nice defensive mechanism to it but Calamity is still a good choice for damage, especially the last damage tick.

A little too early to tell how they’ll play out but I’m looking more towards stacking as much damage as possible if I’m power shatter.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Looks nice on paper. But all mesmer support are so much smaller in radius compared to guardian shout (240 vs 600). Only exception is the signet. They also have cast time which makes so much worse compared to the instant shout skills.

I also don’t think all the ground targeting support is as strong in PvP setting. Small circle of null field and well of eternity is basically inviting cleave damage. Also, in less coordinated team, it is much harder to have players to get the full benefit from those ground target circle.

We have a lot of strong utilities But I really don’t believe going full support is an effective way to play mesmer.

i agree that the bunker mesmer must have more coordinated group with comms not because the smaller radios rather the stronger benefit you get if you stand in it. so you must watch the area and see who needs your support and they must to know that if they need it to stand close to you. few times i put well of eternity on LOS location and call for it so allies will know they have 3 sec to get some heal.
while i played with full group i knew when the burst is gonna be and on whom so i put the wells on the right spot. also use null and chaos storm to do some area denial after wards. and with time warp we have won 3v4 mid while i gave back 20 might stacks stability fury protection and regen longer than 10 sec.
i played a bit bunker guard so i am not an expert with it but it seems more easy going if you know the rotation while you are or your allies pressured . while with mesmer every skill has a purpose. also with guard it seems more easy to play

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Silver responded well enough for me in terms of “what is currently meta” debate in terms of Portal/Blink/Decoy. I’ll reiterate, that is not the most consistent trio being used by all mesmers in the current meta right now. A lot of them are taking MoD. Some of them are going with Mantras even after the nerf. I will respond to some of these points though.

That leaves you with 1 stunbreak which you want to save for your allies unless in dire need. And if your using well of precognition as a stunbreak all the time ( which you no doubt will if that’s your only stunbreak ) then it would probably be better to take blink or decoy because your not getting the revival potential from well of precognition.

I know reviving is what we have been discussing a lot here, but let’s not forget that this aoe blur can be used for other things a well… coordinating long burst rotations (continuum shift comes to mind) without being interrupted, comboing with other wells to guarantee safely sitting in them for positive effects and also just mitigating huge incoming burst rotations from the enemy team. This skill is more than a rally-utility. That’s what IoL is for.

Again, let me emphasize: the typical Mesmer is slotted into a roaming role. That of the chronomancer does not have to fit that role as well. On the contrary, it can do well as a support build that generally stays mid to help support your team in the big fights. I’m not going to downplay portal’s effectiveness, because there’s nothing bad you can really say about it other than that you need concise coordination. But I do honestly think with this latest update that you will be seeing a lot more Wells from Mesmers and for good reason.

I still think without a doubt that Blink is our best stun breaker and nearly necessary in all builds, but I’m not opposed to the possibility that we could see our utilities mixed up a bit with how good Wells [and Alacrity] is for team support.

What mesmers in tournaments are running mantra of distraction? And if there are mesmers that do that, what skill do they replace? And of course chronomancer doesn’t have to fit the roaming role. But if it doesn’t it has to have a equally useful role. I highly HIGHLY doubt were going to see chrono bunkers in tournaments. Guardian bunkers 10x better. What do you see in chronomancer that all of a sudden changes the role? There isn’t anything. As for portal needing coordination, the same can be said for wells. This is presuming you have a team that can coordinate. I also think you value alacrity too highly. As for well of precognition being used to coordinate long burst rotations, your basically screaming I’M GONNA BURST YOU if you lay down the well to do a burst rotation. Not to mention, almost all the mesmers burst IS IN MELEE. Its not like you can just pop the well and nuke them while standing in it all the time. And all your doing is making it so that you don’t die/don’t get cc’d during your burst. Really REALLY don’t think it will be used in this way. And I think I’v already shown that no more than 1 well is going to be used in a chronomancer build so combining it with other wells doesn’t work. And yes i can see it being used to save alive allies just as much as downed ones. But only when he doesn’t have anything else up to save him ( such as dodges, blinks, blinds, invulns, blocks, LoS cc, cc from the team etc ).

@Abs(conditus)

Plz reread my post. Most of the skills there have a long cast time. If you watch any of the tournaments with decent teams you will see rez banner getting interrupted again and again and again. Ranger isn’t taken in tournaments for a good reason. And engi NEEDS a stunbreak. The skill isn’t even a instant revive, it just pulses so it can be outdamaged. So what you going to replace? Grenades are a must. And so is toolkit. Something as small as a pulsing rez doesn’t come close to what grenades or toolkit do. And I can agree, decoy CAN be replaced if something is good enough and still live. But that leaves ONE slot open for ONE well. I ain’t arguing well of precognition can be taken.

“People are just stuck in some rut of an idea that you must have certain skills on your bar, or you can’t function. They all use the same cookie cut build they got from someone else. I call these skills crutches, band aids that allows you to not become a better version of the player that you currently are.”

????????????????????????????????????????????

Skill crutches?!?!? All the pros be using skill crutches. And they got better at the game using skill crutches that prevent someone from getting better. Yep. OK. Seams to make total sence. We are talking here about changes to the current meta build that might be the new meta. Not changing some whack a doodle build that isn’t run in tournaments ( for a good reason ). As for some people thinking well of precognition being broken, , I don’t think its broken at all. Especially cause blur doesn’t effect the downed person at all. I think it’s something that MIGHT have a chance of replacing decoy.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Guardian is an amazing bunker, no doubt. In terms of class design, this is somewhat expected. But we are seeing more and more shoutbow warriors reappearing in the ESL with settlers amulet. Honestly, I do not see how a shoutbow warrior is better than a bunker mesmer or chronomancer. I feel like if the best mesmers gave it a try, those builds may appear in tournaments.

(for the fun of it, here is my current mantra build, which will be more efficient when duelist’s discipline will apply its bleeds
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-R3SZ;1ZUF61I7-WV71;9;4TUV;0236156147;4UBo620;0Uwl6Uwl69K

I do not pretend it is the best bunker build, but it works well for me. I’m just sad I didn’t try it before they “fixed” the mantras)

(edited by Silverkey.2078)

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

What mesmers in tournaments are running mantra of distraction? And if there are mesmers that do that, what skill do they replace?

Solo Queue Mesmers are usually better off running MoD than Portal, since Portal requires team coordination to use most effectively.

in Mesmer

What mesmers in tournaments are running mantra of distraction? And if there are mesmers that do that, what skill do they replace?

Solo Queue Mesmers are usually better off running MoD than Portal, since Portal requires team coordination to use most effectively.

This I can see. Portal does require coordination. But I think the same is true for wells.

@ silverkey

Seams like there is one big flaw in your build. you will get interrupted like crazy when channeling your mantras. The thing is, every time you charge a mantra you have to blow TWO charges from mantra of concentration because the stability lasts 2 seconds while the mantra cast time is longer than that. And the mantra has a 25 second cd.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

in Mesmer

Absconditus.6804

Multiple mantras might seem like a bit of a hassle to maintain, but one, even two are not that hard to channel up safely (it’s just annoying when you got multiple, in my opinion. Those not phased by it, all the more power to you, I salute you for your perseverance). You can easily cover one (if you feel it’s worth it/not a waste at the time—assess the situation) with a Distortion. Or through LoS, ally body blocking/guarding, distance created from kiting, CC through lockdown, waiting until you know there’s no interrupts coming your way (reading your opponent and thus recognizing when they are out of options to interrupt you—you know, what most decent interrupt-oriented Mesmers have conditioned themselves to do), etc.—There’s a few options to be had.

Seafarer’s Rest

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

@ silverkey

Seams like there is one big flaw in your build. you will get interrupted like crazy when channeling your mantras. The thing is, every time you charge a mantra you have to blow TWO charges from mantra of concentration because the stability lasts 2 seconds while the mantra cast time is longer than that. And the mantra has a 25 second cd.

This is indeed a problem. You don’t really need to use 2 stab charges. One charge covers enough of the animation so I just take the risk for approximately the first 0.75 . F4 also helps as you mentioned. Finally, the various daze I can produce cover a bit too. At the end, it works often just fine. But sometimes, when I am heavily focused and all my mantras are off-CD, things are indeed more difficult.

A solution would be to use Bountiful Disillusionment instead of chaotic interruption. This would certainly help quite a bit to cover my mantra charges (although only 1 stack…). But I currently prefer chaotic interruption.

in Mesmer

Multiple mantras might seem like a bit of a hassle to maintain, but one, even two are not that hard to channel up safely (it’s just annoying when you got multiple, in my opinion. Those not phased by it, all the more power to you, I salute you for your perseverance). You can easily cover one (if you feel it’s worth it/not a waste at the time—assess the situation) with a Distortion. Or through LoS, ally body blocking/guarding, distance created from kiting, CC through lockdown, waiting until you know there’s no interrupts coming your way (reading your opponent and thus recognizing when they are out of options to interrupt you—you know, what most decent interrupt-oriented Mesmers have conditioned themselves to do), etc.—There’s a few options to be had.

Yeah, you can use distortion, just remember your no longer tanking the point then. Idk what you think someone standing infront of you does. Cause it does nothing at all. As for distance, that also means your not doing your job and holding the point. CC is a option for cc’s that have a cast time. But not all ccs have a cast time. And a block from a enemy guardian to stop that totally screws you over. Or multiple ccs from different people. And as for waiting for when there is no ccs up, GL, cause you will be waiting for like, the entire fight lol.

@silverkey

Good people will take advantage of that 0.75 downtime of stability, trust me. Like i said f4 means your not longer holding the point. You would need two illusions to cover the full channel, meaning a totally of 3 seconds where you didn’t hold the point. You can have another bunker/tankier person to hold the point for those 3 seconds, but you also have to have 2 illusions up. If your bunkering a point your illusions won’t stay alive that long at all. Would be hard to finda time where you had 2 illusions up and a team member ready to hold the point while you cast your healing mantra. And like I mentioned above you can’t rely on interrupts to be able to cast things. That being said bountiful disillusionment would solve this problem. But I think the main problem with bunker mesmer is the fact that it contributes barely anything to team support. Sure you can bunker a point maybe, but what about healing for your teamates like guard does? Or blocks for your teamates like guard does. Or protection for your teamates? Or 5 seconds of quickness every 30 seconds? Mesmer is a selfish bunker while guard can bunker just fine now AND provide some really nice group support.

/s

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

We give a mass of boons with mesmers. Without boonshare you only give:

• regen as long as you have a phantasm around
  • chaos storm gives a few boons including aegis fairly easily
  • bountiful disillusionment gives its boons AOE by default
  • random staff boons

With boonshare, this just becomes insane

• You can do an easy rotation to give near-perma protection
  • you have random boons from many sources
  • might quite easily if you use chaotic interruption
  • duplicate any boon given to you

the main problem is the random component, you cannot exactly give aegis when you want. But perma regen + protection + high might is nothing to sneeze at.

And the healing is fairly strong with mantras, condition cleanse too.

And no quickness on 24s CD, but guardians keep it for reviving, we use the rune for that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

@Silverkey and ScaryFastfood

I just want to chime in about this argument real quick. One of my friends would play a settler amulet bunker mesmer sometimes for fun, and it actually worked pretty well in the support/tank a point category, more so than one would thing. He pretty much never died, even when 1v3or4ing, and I’m sure thats not even the ideal setup for a bunker/support mesmer (helseth also ran this in one tourney against a fairly random team and wiped the floor with them).

Furthermore one of the biggest flaws for support guard that is continually capitalized on in tournaments is that bunker guards lack mobility, so teams with thieves have a huge advantage of them. Look at the last WTS or Radioactive on NA as an example for this. Radioactive is one of the best teams on NA, but their comp (staff ele, 2 shoutguards, 2rampage warriors) is so teamfight oriented that they’re very susceptible to being outrotated. A mesmer can be built to be much more mobile with the tricks staff can do, as well as blink and portal if you have room for them. Thats a huge advantage over bunker guard.

The well of precognition change easily gives it better support than signet distortion share builds that some have theorized, and the channeled block on the shield will help it withstand burst.

Also people were talking about mantra of distraction, and I should add that Mime still plays mantra-interrupt mesmer in a top team on NA. Adding to that though, I think well builds could easily compete with mantras for offensive support builds, much like Chaos’s tik tok well alacrity-spam build, although probably with precognition, GS over staff, and possibly portal since the build can roam and 1v1 decently, even if that zerkish setup can’t hold a point very well.

So anyway I do totally think that support based mesmer builds could become a very likely choice in the coming meta, but offensive support builds or more debilitating slow/lockdown roaming builds will also be really common as well. I’m just happy that the shield can now compete with torch

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

If your friend can 1v3/4 with a certain build, that only means the game doesn’t have enough merit to indicate how well the build can work. It only means the players in that game are too bad.

I recently am playing shoutbow warrior on my alt account. There are always 2-3 players chasing me around not being able to kill. But that only says they are bad players. Evidence like that don’t prove anything.

If you want to argue that bunker mesmer is viable, come up with a build and do more extensive testing on it.

in Mesmer

nearlight.3064

If your friend can 1v3/4 with a certain build, that only means the game doesn’t have enough merit to indicate how well the build can work. It only means the players in that game are too bad.

I recently am playing shoutbow warrior on my alt account. There are always 2-3 players chasing me around not being able to kill. But that only says they are bad players. Evidence like that don’t prove anything.

If you want to argue that bunker mesmer is viable, come up with a build and do more extensive testing on it.

Sure thing, but you’ll have to wait a while for my full report considering Chronomancer will probably be needed for the best support builds.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

In the meanwhile, I’m curious about what build your friend was playing. Any chance you may share it?

in Mesmer

nearlight.3064

In the meanwhile, I’m curious about what build your friend was playing. Any chance you may share it?

Well since it wa a joke build it probably wasn’t optimal but it was sw/p staff, settler amulet, and I believe it was chaos/inspiration/illusions, but illusions may have been dueling instead. It was a while ago so I don’t remember everything but I think he took illusion of life, portal, and either blink or nullfield or something, and most likely the mantra heal.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Stay on topic guys!

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Not only can this be a PvP must, a well placed well might actually benefit our zerg in WvW, particularly in the initial clash where people will spam static field etc. you can’t strip or corrupt blur.

But the main thing I see will be 6s blur (+ CS) for ressing when enemy has cleavitis.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LightOfMercy.3516

LightOfMercy.3516

If WoP gives you 3 seconds of blur, and you can use two of them because of the f5, and you can lower its CD significantly with alacrity – if you stack 5 mesmers, can you not get near permanent blur for your entire party? Does anything go through blur?

I know this is not that relevant for PvP, but it sounds like it can significantly impact the new raids/fractals.

in Mesmer

Absconditus.6804

Yeah, you can use distortion, just remember your no longer tanking the point then. Idk what you think someone standing infront of you does. Cause it does nothing at all. As for distance, that also means your not doing your job and holding the point. CC is a option for cc’s that have a cast time. But not all ccs have a cast time. And a block from a enemy guardian to stop that totally screws you over. Or multiple ccs from different people. And as for waiting for when there is no ccs up, GL, cause you will be waiting for like, the entire fight lol.

Force people off the point with a Chaos Storm? Any slightly clever individual knows they do not want to stand in that, more so when facing a lockdown Mesmer.. Something it’s a shame you never really see your pros play I might add. Though I do understand why, considering lockdown is not something that you can just switch to and be instantly good at. I’m well aware that it takes time, several months even, to learn the ropes, refine and actually become good with that way of playing. Just like it takes time to get decent at Mesmer in the first place. So yes, I fully respect that those that have their interests invested towards competing in tournaments, the “pros”, aren’t exactly all that up for being bad (and practically anyone that’s just starting out with doing lockdown is quite bad, for quite some time) and a liability to their team, while they become efficient with that mindset. Over time, you start to pre-emptively interrupt skills you want though, at a rather great success rate. Initially, it’s hard, many skills are instant, and it takes time to get it to be second nature to interrupt specific things and to not go trigger happy and waste them. Luckily, most players adapts the same exact playing patterns, so it’s easier to counter <insert x profession here>.

As for tanking the point. Sometimes, taking and controlling a point, is not all about you standing on it. If you win a fight because you weren’t insisting on standing in harms way all the time, and you can capture that point, then it doesn’t matter that you moved off it for brief moments. Even your pros, which you so often seem to refer to, knows that, and you can easily see them not focusing all their efforts about standing on the point, but rather on winning the fight, then standing on point. Sure, stepping into the circle is important too, but not dying it more important. You’re of no use dead.

E.g., you may have lost the point for 6 points ticked over to the enemy team, then you ended up killing whatever opposition that was there and take it back for the duration of, let’s just say 20 points, to your team. Who benefit in that situation? The opposing team that managed to decap and tick 6 points? Or you who’s controlling the point currently while the opposition was sent back to their spawn, giving your team 5 points (or more, if there were additional stomps performed) in addition to the points ticking in while you’re in control. Hopefully, if applicable to the match and situation, you were clever enough to send them off just after a 15 second window (:01, :16, :31, :46), to capitalize on the time they are kept out of the match.

CC to re-channel can be from one interrupt with Chaotic Interruption, Power Block, Confounding Suggestions and Furious Interruption for some added speed to aid you further. So what do you mean with “cast time”. Our interrupts are instant (unless you consider Chaos Storm or clones needing to travel for Diversion—don’t forget that you are a source of Diversion too). A block from a Guardian, as in a Aegis, is not something to worry about, your illusions will likely peel that away anyways, if it was on-demand, then they are more often than not out of it for over a minute, besides a few traits (e.g., just be ready for it at 50% health, or after they block). If you mean through skills (e.g., SoW), you can- and will want to peel it to avoid the explosion. If they are using Shelter, by all means, channel up a Mantra without care. They aren’t posing a threat at the time. You had no reason to move anywhere.

And if there’s multiple people there, and you are alone, you are in trouble regardless. Most professions are, even the almighty cEle is going to face some trouble when they get outnumbered. Actually even more so when there’s a +1 in a lockdown Mesmer to harass them. You can perhaps survive long enough for your team to assist you, but if they delay on that, you are faced with the choice of either eating dirt, or trying to tail it out of there because it’s futile, and you’d rather they didn’t get the +5 and benefit of you being taken out of the fight for x amount of time.

Does anything go through blur?

You will get interrupted if you hit someone with Shocking Aura in example. Or if you try to run through area of denial fields (Static, Warding, etc.). Retaliation will hurt you when you hit on people, but they basically made Retaliation tickle.. so whatever. So.. yeah, not much will actually hurt you, unless you are already loaded up with conditions.

Seafarer’s Rest

in Mesmer

We give a mass of boons with mesmers. Without boonshare you only give:

• regen as long as you have a phantasm around
  • chaos storm gives a few boons including aegis fairly easily
  • bountiful disillusionment gives its boons AOE by default
  • random staff boons

With boonshare, this just becomes insane

• You can do an easy rotation to give near-perma protection
  • you have random boons from many sources
  • might quite easily if you use chaotic interruption
  • duplicate any boon given to you

the main problem is the random component, you cannot exactly give aegis when you want. But perma regen + protection + high might is nothing to sneeze at.

And the healing is fairly strong with mantras, condition cleanse too.

And no quickness on 24s CD, but guardians keep it for reviving, we use the rune for that.

May i ask you how you are getting this PERMA protection? And yeah, you have RANDOM boons from places. Yay swiftness I always wanted you! Like staff 1 clones which will die in under a second if your on point ( which is what a bunker does ). Or your signet which is only on you presuming your not using it. I also thought we agreed back a little bit in the thread that you needed bountiful disillusionment for mesmer to even stand a chance. And its not like your going to get tons and tons of boons from your allies at all. And yeah you can’t get the aegis when you want. Granted mesmer does have more mobility than bunker guard, but its team support is nonexistent. Not to mention ele has both mobility, group heals, and good bunker potential ( along with burning and LW…. ). I don’t see how you think your going to come close to guard heal with mantra heal. It just doesn’t compare. That being said you do have nice condi removal. And the revive allies 20% faster rune doesn’t even come close to 50% AoE faster. With chronomancer however you would be really useful in the rez category. With well of precognition and well of action you would have really good rez ability. I think meta battle ( probaly the ONLY time ill be quoting them lol ) nails it in there guardian bunker guide: Keep in mind that your role as a bunker isn’t just to keep yourself alive – in fact you should keep most of your supportive skills for your allies in case they need to be healed, cleansed of conditions or protected by boons. You should be the first in line to res them as well.

To sum it up these are the strengths and weaknesses with guard and mesmer:

Guardian:

1. Good AoE healing ( beats the mesmer healing )
12. Condition removal ( equal )
2. Protection ( better than mesmer unless I’m missing something )
3. Aegis ( better than mesmer )
4. Stability ( equal or potentially guardian, guardian has longer lasting stability with more stacks, but one of them has a fairly long cd )
5. Quickness ( guardian )
6. Additional boons ( guardian way better, shouts convert 1 condition into a boon in addition to soldier runes, you can check the conversions at the bottom of my post, simply said tho, they are good conversions )
7. Mobility ( mesmer by far )
8. Rez potential ( mesmer with chronomancer )

@nearlight

Did Mime replace it with decoy? Or portal? I’m saying portal is so valuable it would be hard to compete with on a roamer mesmer ( which I do believe will still be the meta if you look above ).

@mister abs again

You won’t be taking CI in a bunker build as I showed above. You aren’t going to leave the point open for 5 seconds. Sure the chaos storm will give a few conditions but half of them don’t affect you much because the mesmer is bunker. Sure he will get dazed, but much better one person gets dazed than the point be left open for FIVE WHOLE SECONDS. Also what pro plays are you talking about? The CCing in the 0.75 seconds up or maybe the interrupting the banner rez? If you mean the CCing in 0.75 seconds well then you must be watching some random team in a tournament isn’t even in the finals. Same goes for banner CCing. Actually, now that I think about it, haven’t paid too much attention to warrior meta fora little. Last I know it was shoutbow with no stability, but that may have changed. If so, then yeah I can see it not being CCd. But you have to remember that it has a whopping 3 minute cd. As for the whole CCing thing, you still didn’t say anything about aegis. At all. Or stability. Or instant cast cc’s. or cc’s that are so fast that you don’t have time to select the right target and cc it. As for standing off the point, you want to keep the point. That is CRUCIAL. Same thing goes for making sure they don’t cap the point. one of the basic pvp things to know is: always always always try and make sure they don’t get a decap/cap on the teamfight. If you need evidence go check out some finals of some tournaments with decent teams. That’s half the job of a bunker. This is why you would need bountiful disillusionment. Without it mesmer can barely support the team AND also can barely bunker a point.

“E.g., you may have lost the point for 6 points ticked over to the enemy team, then you ended up killing whatever opposition that was there and take it back for the duration of, let’s just say 20 points, to your team. Who benefit in that situation? The opposing team that managed to decap and tick 6 points? Or you who’s controlling the point currently while the opposition was sent back to their spawn, giving your team 5 points (or more, if there were additional stomps performed) in addition to the points ticking in while you’re in control. Hopefully, if applicable to the match and situation, you were clever enough to send them off just after a 15 second window (:01, :16,1, :46), to capitalize on the time they are kept out of the match.”

Or you could, you know, take a guardian, not have to worry about losing the point at all and still win the fight there? Instead of taking a mesmer where you give up the point and win the fight. Option C wins.

You can’t take chaos, dom, inspiration and chronomancer. People keep talking about chrono wells and inspiration is a must just like chaos. You can’t have 4 traitlines. As for your illusions stripping the aegis, YOUR NOT GOING TO HAVE ILLUSIONS UP IF YOUR BUNKERING. I think I’ve already said that before. If onpoint is taking so little damage that you can just keep up illusions ( that happen to remove the aegis just when you want, cause illusions attack 50 times per second ) then you can have your thief bunkering the point. And you don’t need too many aegis to screw up a mesmer with mantras. 2 interrupts in a row to his heal skill is enough easily to take him down. Guard can easily provide that. Which is why you take bountiful disillusionment.

“And if there’s multiple people there, and you are alone, you are in trouble regardless. Most professions are, even the almighty cEle is going to face some trouble when they get outnumbered. Actually even more so when there’s a +1 in a lockdown Mesmer to harass them. You can perhaps survive long enough for your team to assist you, but if they delay on that, you are faced with the choice of either eating dirt, or trying to tail it out of there because it’s futile, and you’d rather they didn’t get the +5 and benefit of you being taken out of the fight for x amount of time.”

This is true for both mesmer and guardian. If left to a 2v1 against glassy builds no guardian or mesmer bunker will be able to hold off forever.

Hopefully this explained to everyone why mesmer bunker is a bad idea cause this was a lot of righting for me ( the reason I didn’t reply yesterday, I had already had enough of typing paragraph after paragraph, ug, is what I get for trying to go into as much detail as possible ).

EDIT: here is the wiki post for the conversions of condi to boons with pure of voice https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_of_Voice

/s

in Mesmer

Absconditus.6804

Silver wrote near-perma Protection in the first bullet point above the sentence stating perma Regen + Protection + high Might, as in.. perma Regen, and (near-perma) Protection, and high stacks of Might. I don’t see “PERMA protection” in there. The sentence doesn’t necessarily even say permanent Might for that matter.

As for how to gain rather consistent Protection? There’s this trait you see, that gives us Protection whenever we gain Chaos Armor, and we have a few fields that we can leap on to gain that, as well as a few options for leaping. I believe we additionally have this skill on our Staff that allows us to apply Chaos Armor. As for that trait, I believe it is called Chaotic Dampening. If not, it should totally be called that.

And if you didn’t get that I were advocating lockdown Mesmer being underrepresented (and why), and how they can re-channel their Mantra(s) rather easily, that it’s rather ridiculous to insist on staying on-point if it gets you killed.. and well, nowhere mentioning bunkering, then yeah… Forum Diversion? Irregardless, if someone are dutying bunkering with their Mesmer, and enjoy it, all the more power to them. They know if it works for them or not, and they may play it in a way that’s not conventional.

Seafarer’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

2. Protection ( better than mesmer unless I’m missing something )

Chaotic Dampening = Chaos Armor grants protection (5s), and cooldown reduction on staff for every second of chaos armor.
There are already mesmer builds with extremely high chaos armor uptime. Chronomancer just improves on that by providing more ethereal fields (to use with iLeap and Phase Retreat) and lower cooldowns on all those abilities, it’s been shown to be relatively easy to keep up 100% chaos armor with a chronomancer, which means an easy 100% protection uptime on yourself, and more than enough duration to give near-perma protection to your allies via boonshare.
The fact that protection is one of Chaos Armor’s 3 boons is gravy.

5. Quickness ( guardian )

Bullkitten. Discounting boon duration,
Guardian gets 5s every 24s, which is a 21% uptime.
Time Warp gives mesmer 11s on a 60s cooldown (CS), which is 18%,
Well of Action gives 3s on a 20s cooldown, which is 15%
Tides of Time gives 3s on a 20s cooldown, which is 15%
Choose any two, and you’re already at more quickness than a guardian gives.
Choose all three, and you blow guardians out of the water.
Land Well of Action and/or Tides of Time inside your CS alongside Time Warp, and your uptime continues to rise.
It is, in fact, possible to keep 100% quickness uptime on allies with a more full support mesmer, an extravagance that is hardly necessary, as the 50%+ that a bunker mesmer could dish out is surely plenty.
The only advantage guardian quickness has is that it’s easier to use, which is hardly a great criteria for superiority at upper levels of play. I can’t imagine how you came to the conclusion that guardian has better quickness support.

6. Additional boons ( guardian way better, shouts convert 1 condition into a boon in addition to soldier runes, you can check the conversions at the bottom of my post, simply said tho, they are good conversions )

1. What boons, at what uptime, are you expecting? Mesmers provide a lot of boons, in fact it’s commonly one of the selling points made in support mesmer’s favor. How are you jumping from that to insisting that guardian boon generation is better? Mesmers with BD can keep up 10 stacks of might on allies before boonshare, for Pete’s sake! And Chaos armor may be random, but with 100% uptime you’ll be getting a fair share of all three in a fight.

2. You rip on the idea of “random” boons, but isn’t that effectively what boon conversion is, given you can’t control what conditions will be on your allies and which of those get converted?

I’m saying portal is so valuable it would be hard to compete with on a roamer mesmer ( which I do believe will still be the meta if you look above ).

Since guardians don’t have portal, can we agree this is at least a non-issue in bunker mesmer viability vs guardian?
Losing a bunker utility because “portal is too good” would be a tick in mesmer’s favor, since that’s something they can take that guardians can’t, right? After all, the mesmer can just choose not to take portal, and be at the same place the guardian is.

Other points:

• You’ve also, again, totally discounted the value of alacrity to teammates. Alacrity is not useless by any means, it is in fact a very strong bonus to teammates. The biggest difficulty with Alacrity will be players learning to adjust their playstyle to take advantage of alacrity when it’s available (making sure to grab it from nearby wells, use the right abilities when you know you’re gonna get it, etc.).
  • You argue strongly, effectively, in favor of using Bountiful Disillusionment on bunker mes, then insist that bunker mes just doesn’t stand a chance, when BD itself resolves two of your biggest points in guardian’s favor (stability, other boon stacking). Does that seem right to you?
  • Pretty sure Absconditus was talking about lockdown mes, not bunker mes.

(edited by AlphatheWhite.9351)

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

Not to derail the derail, but do we know if the Blur from this skill applies to Phantasms?

Because, if it does, that’s potentially as huge as Chronophantasma for improving the usefulness of Phantasms in PvE…

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Not to derail the derail, but do we know if the Blur from this skill applies to Phantasms?

Because, if it does, that’s potentially as huge as Chronophantasma for improving the usefulness of Phantasms in PvE…

Not to mention alacrity for phantasm = super phantasmal haste!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Blur (as well as the other well effects) and Alacrity both affect Phantasms as long as there aren’t other player characters. The 5-target cap will always prioritize players, but otherwise they will affect phants.

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

Good point, in an organised group the Phants will rarely actually see the effect because the humans will all be clustered.

Too bad, forcing your imaginary friends to dodge boss attacks would have been cool.

in Mesmer

Silver wrote near-perma Protection in the first bullet point above the sentence stating perma Regen + Protection + high Might, as in.. perma Regen, and (near-perma) Protection, and high stacks of Might. I don’t see “PERMA protection” in there. The sentence doesn’t necessarily even say permanent Might for that matter.

As for how to gain rather consistent Protection? There’s this trait you see, that gives us Protection whenever we gain Chaos Armor, and we have a few fields that we can leap on to gain that, as well as a few options for leaping. I believe we additionally have this skill on our Staff that allows us to apply Chaos Armor. As for that trait, I believe it is called Chaotic Dampening. If not, it should totally be called that.

And if you didn’t get that I were advocating lockdown Mesmer being underrepresented (and why), and how they can re-channel their Mantra(s) rather easily, that it’s rather ridiculous to insist on staying on-point if it gets you killed.. and well, nowhere mentioning bunkering, then yeah… Forum Diversion? Irregardless, if someone are dutying bunkering with their Mesmer, and enjoy it, all the more power to them. They know if it works for them or not, and they may play it in a way that’s not conventional.

Ok, so this is at everyone cause I just can’t stand this we can take 100000 utilitys thing. PLZ POST THE BUILD YOU ARE DISCUSSING. Now I know silverkey did post one, but that’s not chronomancer build and there have been several posts talking about other utilitys. So far people have mentioned 6 utilitys. The thread can’t go much farther if this continues. I’m starting to think I’m getting swarmed by trolls for the lols ( not you silverkey, you so far seam reasonable ). If you expect me to take you seriously then you must do this.

Ok so near perma protection not perma protection. And when your talking about a bunker mesmer you can’t just switch to talking about a interrupt mesmer without showing your talking about interrupt mesmer not bunker. If we were all to do that communication would go down the poop shoot.

@alpha

I’m confused. I can definitely see perma protection IF you run wells and signet of inspiration. But then go the mantras people are talking about. I just need to know what build people are arguing for instead of a 6 utility build.

As for the quickness “bullkitten”, your presuming that it would be more efficient to take timewarp over moa. As seen so far this is NOT the case. But that does remind me mesmer does have moa which can be good. As for well of action, you need to all stand in the small well when it ends. This is just screaming AoE MY TEAM DOWN PLZ. Also now people are talking about shield instead of pistol? This is the type of stuff I’m talking about. You can’t take 6 utilitys 2 offhands sword ( to have the multiple leap finishers abs was talking about ) and scepter and staff. Of course a type of build like that might be able to beat a guardian at bunkering. Also you have to have all allies standing infront of the wall it shoots out. I think its safe to say this will NOT be the case. Hopefully that showed why I imagined guardian had better quickness.

You talk about mesmers are known for a lot of boons, and yet all I have here is the potential for perma protection if you choose to take that over some other stuff. As for what boons, you can check the list I posted in my link. And actually there is a higher chance of some conditions getting converted. The last condition applied is the one that gets removed or converted. So the question is what are the most likely conditions that are going to be applied last. Or you could think about what boons aren’t too useful at all to give and see the likelihood of you getting that and it being the last condition applied. Blind, confusion, cripple, immobilize, and poison are the only ones that don’t give overly good benefits. Those are hardly as normal as say bleeding, vulnerability and burning ( except for poison ). Also you mention BD. how can you keep up 10 stacks of might with just BD? I would need to see it to believe it haha.

As for this portal thing all I trying to say was that it probably wouldn’t be worth it to replace it with a well if you were a roamer. Which is where this whole bunker mesmer talk started. And you mention me underestimating alacrity. You again have to group up to get the benefit from it. Which is such a high cost that it does more harm than good. I’m saying bunker mesmer doesn’t stand a chance because its weak in the support role. But yes, if you took the signet you could spread the stability. But then what about this alacrity and well of action and well of precognition and mantras people are talking about? You can’t take 6 utility slots.

/s

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Well I guess there have been different kind of posts here because there are different possible bunker mesmer:

• the bunker core-mesmer which almost only work properly with mantras because of the way the inspiration tree is designed. Since I play it, I can tell you in does produce boons in huge quantities! The main downside, as was pointed, is the mantra recharge.
  • the chronobunker which uses wells for a lot of chaos armor uptime (with both staff and sword leaps on the wells) + very strong and unique support (high quickness uptime, high alacrity uptime, now AOE blur etc…). For this one, I actually personally abandoned boonshare because the signet just didn’t fit in my utility bar (null field + 2 wells). However, alacrity is really strong: don’t forget, it reduces the cooldown of both the offensive burst skills AND the defensive ones (healing in particular). So by speccing into alacrity and wells, you are helping your team immensely. Also, most wells require your team to stand in them only for the last pulse (except precognition but in this case this is not a risk :p ) so it is easier to pull in an organized team without exposing it to too much risk.

Since this discussion went beyond the scope of the thread, I suggest to start a bunker thread. Actually I will do it right now.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Hey Frenchfry, here’s a video of a boonshare Mesmer (Dueling/Inspiration/Chaos) in a match. The first fight in the video should be enough to demonstrate what boonshare can do.

I can gain near perma protection in just about any battle (with maybe a few second intervals without), if I made the effort I can easily share 15+ seconds of protection to the team every 25 or so seconds.

This isn’t including Chronomancer, and if I made a change I’d throw a well in place of null field and time warp and my heal. Swapping to chrono boonshare would make me lose out on dueling, thus fury sharing unless I use Runes of Altruism. On boonshare Mesmer, I can have perma regen/might/fury/protection/swiftness along with high uptimes of Aegis/Retaliation and a decent amount of Vigor. There are several burst boonshares in the clip.

On Chrono, you can definitely have perma-protection, and alacrity sharing isn’t very difficult either, as you can see in the videos here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Tik-Tok-Chrono-Well-Support-Lockdown/first#post5481932

This isn’t even considering the upcoming changes, where one single Well of Recall will grant 7s of alacrity to the entire team.

And for a slice of greatness, check out 1:24: and 4:35 in this clip to see what a boonshare Mes can do with a guardian (any kind of guardian, really) nearby

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Well I guess there have been different kind of posts here because there are different possible bunker mesmer:

• the bunker core-mesmer which almost only work properly with mantras because of the way the inspiration tree is designed. Since I play it, I can tell you in does produce boons in huge quantities! The main downside, as was pointed, is the mantra recharge.
  • the chronobunker which uses wells for a lot of chaos armor uptime (with both staff and sword leaps on the wells) + very strong and unique support (high quickness uptime, high alacrity uptime, now AOE blur etc…). For this one, I actually personally abandoned boonshare because the signet just didn’t fit in my utility bar (null field + 2 wells). However, alacrity is really strong: don’t forget, it reduces the cooldown of both the offensive burst skills AND the defensive ones (healing in particular). So by speccing into alacrity and wells, you are helping your team immensely. Also, most wells require your team to stand in them only for the last pulse (except precognition but in this case this is not a risk :p ) so it is easier to pull in an organized team without exposing it to too much risk.

Since this discussion went beyond the scope of the thread, I suggest to start a bunker thread. Actually I will do it right now.

Ty, will be responding to that sometime. I just hate it when you have people talking about tons of boons and alacrity and all this other stuff and I’m like, uh, sorry to inform you but, you can’t take all that stuff.

@chaos

Its the FRIGHTENING french fry dangit! Not some casual french fry about to be eaten! Moving onto more serious subjects.

Mind posting the no chrono build you talk about with the specific traits? Also you mention all these boons and yet I don’t see how you can get half of them. Perma regen? Perma swiftness? You won’t be able to get perma fury AoE also because of the signet recharge tho you can get perma self fury. How are you getting perma might? Also how you getting so much aegis and retal? The vigor comes in 5 seconds every 10 seconds. While you may have decent uptime on vigor your teammates aren’t. I think that’s all simple. Chrono isn’t so much since we have yet to use it extensively. I’ll leave my response to the chrono build in the new thread sometime ( I’v had enough typing for now lol ).

/s

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

If you wanna frighten me, you’re gonna have to meet me in the arena Smallfry.

Keep in mind that our outgoing boon duration is higher than our incoming (3% for each boon on us, in a boonshare build it averages to 15% boon duration)

Fury it isn’t uncommon to stack 30+ seconds of thanks to the dueling minor trait and bountiful disillusionment. (BD)

Might comes from (BD) and everyone and their momma squirts might all over you anyways.

Retal is a bit trickier, it comes from temporal curtain’s light field and chaos storm (both of which are somewhat unreliable. Retal is the least plentiful boon besides aegis)

Aegis comes up pretty often, surprisingly, but completely uncontrollable. Chaos Storm and Signet of Inspiration combined means aegis every 15s at least.

Perma swiftness, though, is definite. Sigil of Speed grants 20s of swiftness per kill. Combined with chaos storm, chaos armor, and signet of inspiration along with temporal curtain and on average I share 1 minute and 30s of swiftness (not including duration increases). It’s not uncommon for me to give out 2 mins of swiftness on a boonshare.

Perma regen comes from phantasms chaos armor and signet, I never actively attempt to grab this so I can’t explain the mechanics behind it but chaos armor is almost constantly activated on me, so dancing around two of my phantasms tends to be enough.

Edit: And here’s a thread dedicated to the discussion, with builds and all.

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

momma squirts might all over you

Quoted for posterity.

in Mesmer

If you wanna frighten me, you’re gonna have to meet me in the arena Smallfry.

Keep in mind that our outgoing boon duration is higher than our incoming (3% for each boon on us, in a boonshare build it averages to 15% boon duration)

Fury it isn’t uncommon to stack 30+ seconds of thanks to the dueling minor trait and bountiful disillusionment. (BD)

Might comes from (BD) and everyone and their momma squirts might all over you anyways.

Retal is a bit trickier, it comes from temporal curtain’s light field and chaos storm (both of which are somewhat unreliable. Retal is the least plentiful boon besides aegis)

Aegis comes up pretty often, surprisingly, but completely uncontrollable. Chaos Storm and Signet of Inspiration combined means aegis every 15s at least.

Perma swiftness, though, is definite. Sigil of Speed grants 20s of swiftness per kill. Combined with chaos storm, chaos armor, and signet of inspiration along with temporal curtain and on average I share 1 minute and 30s of swiftness (not including duration increases). It’s not uncommon for me to give out 2 mins of swiftness on a boonshare.

Perma regen comes from phantasms chaos armor and signet, I never actively attempt to grab this so I can’t explain the mechanics behind it but chaos armor is almost constantly activated on me, so dancing around two of my phantasms tends to be enough.

Edit: And here’s a thread dedicated to the discussion, with builds and all.

Ok, I will reply to this in the other thread. And I’ll take you on anytime in the arena. When is this going down? I’ll make you think twice before you insult the FRIGHTENING french fry!!!

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Fight, fight, fight!

:D

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Fight, fight, fight!

Yea it’s again one of those “no-i’m-the-best-mesmer-here” threads :P

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Fight, fight, fight!

Yea it’s again one of those “no-i’m-the-best-mesmer-here” threads :P

I’m not trying to say I’m the best mesmer out there at all. I’v been defeated a lot in dueling arenas, and that’s just dueling arenas yet alone pros. And as for the fighting, it was kinda hard to take the one guy serious when he said: “People are just stuck in some rut of an idea that you must have certain skills on your bar, or you can’t function. They all use the same cookie cut build they got from someone else. I call these skills crutches, band aids that allows you to not become a better version of the player that you currently are.”

/s

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

everyone and their momma squirts all over you anyways.

Quoted for truth.

in Mesmer

nearlight.3064

Haunted Fast Food, Mime used MoD over decoy. Yeah he wouldn’t give up portal, no way man. Basically it was the extremely overpowered mantra shatter build that got nerfed and is still decent, but not godmode anymore.

Also to be on topic, the scrapper’s function gyro makes well of precogntion seem like child’s play for rezzing and stomping, if I understand correctly.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..