What Is Our Strongest Weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I’m hoping Serebent or someone has already tested this, as I unfortunately don’t have the time to.

When you look at the damage numbers, where do the weapons rank? I know this is a bit of a tricky question, as Greatsword has 5 skills compared to Sword which has 3 (and only 2 of those 3 do damage). And you have to account for the mobility of the enemy (iWarden).

But does anyone know the most damaging weaponset? Would Sword/Pistol outdamage GS?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

I think it all comes done to weapon specks really. If you are getting good procs and running a condition build, I think the staff would have the highest dps but it has no burst. GS and sword are pretty much pure burst weapons. If you hit with all attacks, I believe the warden is far and away the strongest attack in the game. Just running a partial phantasm hybrid setup, iwarden will hit a gate for 200-420 (scaling up with each hit). Using an average of 310, that’s 3720 damage to a gate!

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

Strongest Phantasm for me.. Is iSwordman. If u take the damage and the recharge rate (atk every 4sec)

iGunner and iWarlock damage are better than iSwordman but both of them have 6sec atk rate. iGunner deal more damage because the bleed when crit while iWarlock coz of Condi on ur target. Both of them are projectile btw

Aside from Phantasm.. Every Weapons has its own role. Can;t say much which 1 is strongest. But for my taste i like GS and Sword coz very offensive

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I think it all comes done to weapon specks really. If you are getting good procs and running a condition build, I think the staff would have the highest dps but it has no burst. GS and sword are pretty much pure burst weapons. If you hit with all attacks, I believe the warden is far and away the strongest attack in the game. Just running a partial phantasm hybrid setup, iwarden will hit a gate for 200-420 (scaling up with each hit). Using an average of 310, that’s 3720 damage to a gate!

thats not how damage tooltips work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

That’s not a very helpful comment.

Elaboration would be awesome.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

There’s no “strongest weapon” really, Mes is far too circumstantial and you can’t compare it the way you would a Warrior. iWarden is a great example.

Specced out, phants will put out damage that can’t be matched by any weapon skill. This depends on the phants not being interfered with, though. A good rule of thumb is that we deal better damage in melee than at range.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The damage scales up because it’s tallying the total damage.

Assuming the iWarden hits a gate 10 times for 20 damage, the tooltip will show 200 damage at the end. Why? 20 + 20 + 20 +… 10 times is 200. It’ll go 20 —> 40 --> 60 —> 80 --> ~~~ —> 200.

Of course, that’s not the correct hits or damage on a Warden, but I was just elaborating in a way that would let you make sense.

If “combo” damage worked that way then a Warden could effectively 5-7shot an enemy. That way being each hit deals the amount shown in the air, not the amount shown in the air is your total off of the current attack.

The reason why it tallies it together as one damage is because it’s all coming from one damage source/attack and not multiple sources/attacks. I hope that clears it up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndresR.4532

AndresR.4532

Assuming the iWarden hits a gate 10 times for 20 damage, the tooltip will show 200 damage at the end. Why? 20 + 20 + 20 +… 10 times is 200. It’ll go 20 —> 40 --> 60 —> 80 --> ~~~ —> 200.

Of course, that’s not the correct hits or damage on a Warden, but I was just elaborating in a way that would let you make sense.

If “combo” damage worked that way then a Warden could effectively 5-7shot an enemy. That way being each hit deals the amount shown in the air, not the amount shown in the air is your total off of the current attack.

The reason why it tallies it together as one damage is because it’s all coming from one damage source/attack and not multiple sources/attacks. I hope that clears it up.

i did some research too, in order:
1. Focus 5
2. Scepter 3
3. Sword 2
and obviously Mind Wrack is our Hardest Hit

This is just counting the dmg, no additional effects ( like invulnerabity, confusion , etc)
btw how do u interpret the tooltip? because the tooltip no indicate what target you will hit

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

The tooltip is X damage to Y target from Z source.

X will scale up per hit.
Y indicates how many tooltips will appear (1 for each target).
Z is the source AND attack, aka if I have 3 iSwordsmans, they will each spawn their own tooltip but it will show it to you.

So, if I attack with Blurred Frenzy while the enemy has 2 stacks of bleeding and 1 stack of burning and I have 1 Swordsman and 1 Warden up, I have a potential of 5 different numbers popping up on a SINGLE enemy. If there are multiple enemies, then I will have 2-4 stacks of numbers popping up for each enemy +1.

Why?
Blurred Frenzy is AoE.
Warden is AoE.
Swordsman is Single Target, therefore +1 at the end (for the first guy who has it).
The reason why it’s 2-4 numbers is because of Bleeding/Burning. Assuming I can get Bleeding from Warden, it should be easy to see the numbers settling at ~3 per target, +2 on the main target, but what if I had a method of applying AoE Burning, so… there we go.

Comprende?

As for knowing which target is getting hit, get good at eyeballing it. I typically don’t look at my numbers at all. I don’t care if I hit for 2k or 10k, I don’t care who I’m hitting. I just want to kill my target and move on to the next guy. At least, in WvW that’s how I play. In PvE, it’s a different story.

in Mesmer

Nordic Natedog.4360

That would make zero sense. The first hit for iWarden on the gate is just over 200, that would mean the next hit would be double that and so on. This is simply not the case when iWarden attacks. In my experience, I have seen the numbers go up, but they aren’t in some sort of addition progress but rather what looks like a variable addition to each attack that hits. In this case it was like 210, 232, 249, 269, … to 413.

Mag (PA)

in Mesmer

wads.5730

That would make zero sense. The first hit for iWarden on the gate is just over 200, that would mean the next hit would be double that and so on. This is simply not the case when iWarden attacks. In my experience, I have seen the numbers go up, but they aren’t in some sort of addition progress but rather what looks like a variable addition to each attack that hits. In this case it was like 210, 232, 249, 269, … to 413.

you’re seeing things wrong. if your first hit is 200, then the second would be 400. but you’ll never get that kind of numbers on gates.

maybe you’re seeing autoattack numbers besides the phantasm damage, and you’re confused.

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

you’re seeing things wrong. if your first hit is 200, then the second would be 400. but you’ll never get that kind of numbers on gates.

maybe you’re seeing autoattack numbers besides the phantasm damage, and you’re confused.

Yeah, that doesn’t happen to me. The damage ticks up very slowly when I drop wardens on gates. The only time something like that remotely happened was when my GS was auto attacking Walls not gates, because it wakittenting Walls for full damage, but that was standard +hit+hit+hit, not random base +hit+hit+hit.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

@ op

Sword + pistol/sword/focus will out dps a gs since izerker is bugged and currently total rubbish. Sword auto attack is also mesmer’s strongest aa chain.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

Warden is strongest phantasm by far. That said it has to hit and it’s stationary.

If you also trait it for reflect and add that in, It is devastating but takes more skill than other phantasms that range or hunt the target down.

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

focus is stronges wepon, if traited it give u 2 project reflection. if u fight again ranged atack enemy, u just stay near iwarden. and enemy take dmg back. if it meele enemy, u stay near iwarden, and enemy take dmg from i warden (like i said, if traited u get regen boon) + swiftnes

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

in Mesmer

Posted by: hardloop von edgehoven.8512

hardloop von edgehoven.8512

the question itself is a bit blurry, as u have to negate evrything else like combat situations, enemy behaviour, debuffs and armor asf.

if u wanna have blank numbers (on the puppets in la for example), than sword/focus does the most damage by far.
my mesmers warden hits puppets in la 12 times in a row evry 8 secs with actual gear the last hit is ending around 3800. the last four to five hits are over 3000.
so counted he is doing more than 20k damage evry 9 seconds (its more 8secs but math is easier with 9secs^^=.
wardens do this on three targets as aoe.
so lets say 3x 3 wardens dealing over 20k damage evry 9 secs in a 3sec span.
if u set them evry 3 secs for consecutive strikes u would have more than 20k dmg evry 3secs instead of evry 9. thats approximately around 10k dps on ONE target only those 3 phantasms! if noone kills em they would do that forever^^.

in theory. on stupid la puppets

i couldnt reproduce that blank numbers with any other weaponset, unfotunately the puppets dont show cond dmg numbers or crits
but it shows the biggest disadvantage of wardenmesmers.
9 secs to build up insane stationary burst dps. pretty easy to counter.

(edited by hardloop von edgehoven.8512)

in Mesmer

Nordic Natedog.4360

Nope, wasn’t an auto attack since I cast iWarden from a distance with a sword in my main hand. When I run a phantasm hybrid, the first attack my warden does is always over 150 and usually around 200+.

Mag (PA)

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

In pve, if you only ever use one weapon… make it the sword.
For pvp.. sword fir killing, staff for surviving.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

the question itself is a bit blurry, as u have to negate evrything else like combat situations, enemy behaviour, debuffs and armor asf.

This. This is an endlessly debatable topic. Focus may dish out the most DPS, but to an opponent or mob that runs out of range… it’s worthless and does no damage whatsoever. Also saw a statement that the GS is bad because the phantasm is rubbish, which isn’t true either IMHO. AOE damage at 1200 range that spawns a shatter-able phantasm in melee range of an opponent AND also does an AOE cripple? That’s a WvW mesmer’s dream come true, damage bug or no damage bug. Scepter is terribad, but I still see folks (aka Flimpy) use it to devastating effect.

Bottom line IMO, the strongest weapon is the one that you’re comfortable using and fits the situation best (although I’m relatively sure that answer isn’t what the OP was looking for lol).

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

The iWarden deals the most damage in a single attack, but that doesn’t mean it has the highest DPS. Remember it takes 5 seconds to execute its attack and then does nothing for 9 seconds, for a total of 14 seconds. Most other Phantasms have more than twice the attack rate.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Well, actually I was speaking about specifically additive damage numbers.. Something like this.

i did some research too, in order:
1. Focus 5
2. Scepter 3
3. Sword 2
and obviously Mind Wrack is our Hardest Hit

This is just counting the dmg, no additional effects ( like invulnerabity, confusion , etc)
btw how do u interpret the tooltip? because the tooltip no indicate what target you will hit

For example. Is Sword auto + Sword 2 > Scepter auto + Scepter 2 + Scepter 3 damage-wise?

Phantasms are a bit harder to predict, I know warden is our potentially most damaging. But I meant, if you were to spam all the attacks on each weapon, which weapon would put out the most damage? Including weapon combos (SwordorScepter + Pistol/Focus/Sword)

in Mesmer

Nordic Natedog.4360

The iWarden deals the most damage in a single attack, but that doesn’t mean it has the highest DPS. Remember it takes 5 seconds to execute its attack and then does nothing for 9 seconds, for a total of 14 seconds. Most other Phantasms have more than twice the attack rate.

That is what I was pointing out. Warden has the strongest attack, but I don’t think anything beats the Staff when it comes to pure DPS (when not getting locked into stacking vulner). With a pure condition build, you can easily achieve over 140 dmg per stack of bleeds, plus burn, plus poison (from chaos storm) on top of the direct damage from you and your clones.

Mag (PA)

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

but dont forget if lie iwarden in combo field. like ethernal its aoe confusion, or in water field its aoe cond removal

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

but dont forget if lie iwarden in combo field. like ethernal its aoe confusion, or in water field its aoe cond removal

Two things:

1) If I remember correctly, a Water Field creates Healing Bolts with a Whirl Combo Finisher, which sort of shoots heals out in a semi-radial aoe. Cleansing Bolts (semi-radial aoe Condition Removal) comes from a Light Field + Whirl Combo Finisher.

2) Both Illusionary Warden (iWarden – Focus 5) and Illusionary Berserker (iZerker – Greatsword 5) provide Whirl Combo Finishers, although their respective tool tips do not indicate this.

Crystal Desert

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Don’t forget that “bolt” combos do fire actual bolts, in order to proc the effect the target has to be struck by a bolt, meaning it’s quite common for a bolt combo to completely miss an adjacent target.

The odds of being hit fall off a square root of distance

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Sword 2, GS 1, p.Warden and other abilities like them show the sum of damage done over time. To test this, turn on your combat log:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combat_log
You will see the warden doing 1k dmg 12 times for a total of 12k dmg NOT 1k then 2k then 3k… for a total of 78k dmg. (This is too ridiculous to be true. Sorta like how people think the last hit of 100b can actually do 40k in 1 hit) Interestingly, the scepter 3 does not show a sum but instead shows 1.7k crits for each of the 5 attacks.

To answer the OP, I’ve found (I run full zerker) the sword pulls slightly ahead in damage against a single target. The scepter in mele, the gs at range and staff(600 or closer with illusionary elatistiy) actually are all very close in damage they can do. The big difference between them becomes the phantasm damage vs clone generation for shatters vs illusionary person for more mele damage. So the damage they can do depends on your build and also the enemies. If there is more than one target, sword pulls a head by a lot.

I run a standard glass cannon shatter build and I use all of them situationally. My standard set is usually sword main hand. I usually then swap between focus offhand to stack enemies in a nice ball and sword offhand for and 5-7k ripostes. Since I shatter often, the p.swordsman’s 3.2 sec cooldown on the leap attack is the only phantasm that every gets more than 1 attack off per summon. He can also be summoned every 12 seconds. The warden is some nice aoe and projectile protection while it lasts but if I see it’s health dropping, I will shatter it early.

Lastly, the scepter 2, OH sword 4 can be a huge dps spike if you time them right. The timing is key since you can either do 2 × 7k crits in 1/2 a sec or do no damage over 4 seconds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Strongest in terms of damage?
Condition/direct/reflected/retaliation?
Strongest in terms of overall utility?

For overall utility, I’d say the trident with elasticity is our best weapon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Highest dps depends on situation. On a target that will consistently have a large number of conditions, warlocks (especially trained with phantasmal haste) are the highest dps skill we have, and probably the highest in the entire game. A trained warlock attacks every ~5 seconds iirc. On Grenth, in my normal pve phantasm build, which sacrifices dps for utility, my warlocks were critting for 14k damage. In a full damage build, they could easily achieve 16k crits in that situation. 3 warlocks is an average of around 1.3 attacks per second at 16k per attack, giving you around 21k damage per second.

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

I don’t know if that makes up for the low dps of staff #1 though, Pyro. But the massive warlock crits are definitely something to use staff for it’s great fun in pve.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Strongest weapon: staff
Best burst weapon: sword
Best utility weapon: focus

That is, of curse, my opinion.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

if u wanna have blank numbers (on the puppets in la for example), than sword/focus does the most damage by far.
my mesmers warden hits puppets in la 12 times in a row evry 8 secs with actual gear the last hit is ending around 3800. the last four to five hits are over 3000.
so counted he is doing more than 20k damage evry 9 seconds (its more 8secs but math is easier with 9secs^^=.
wardens do this on three targets as aoe.
so lets say 3x 3 wardens dealing over 20k damage evry 9 secs in a 3sec span.
if u set them evry 3 secs for consecutive strikes u would have more than 20k dmg evry 3secs instead of evry 9. thats approximately around 10k dps on ONE target only those 3 phantasms! if noone kills em they would do that forever^^.

in theory. on stupid la puppets

i couldnt reproduce that blank numbers with any other weaponset, unfotunately the puppets dont show cond dmg numbers or crits
but it shows the biggest disadvantage of wardenmesmers.
9 secs to build up insane stationary burst dps. pretty easy to counter.

That’s not how the Warden damage works…

Take a look, please.

Let’s apply the same math to a Puppet. Assuming you’re dealing 4000 damage over 12 hits to a puppet, then each hit does 4000 / 12 damage or approximately 333 damage.

Hit 1 does 333 damage. Tooltip shows 333.
Hit 2 does 333 damage. Tooltip shows 666.
Hit 3 does 333 damage. Tooltip shows 1000.
Hit 4 does 333 damage. Tooltip shows 1333.
~~~
Hit 12 does 333 damage. Tooltip shows 4000.

Of course, that’s assuming that you got to 4000 damage with no crits. There would also most likely be some bleed ticks popping up next to the damage, but that’s because of the on-crit trait in dueling.

(edited by Esplen.3940)

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

In a full damage build, they could easily achieve 16k crits in that situation. 3 warlocks is an average of around 1.3 attacks per second at 16k per attack, giving you around 21k damage per second.

You should be dividing the 16k by 1.66 instead of multiplying by 1.3. That would give you 10k dps in a otherwise highly unlikely situation.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

In a full damage build, they could easily achieve 16k crits in that situation. 3 warlocks is an average of around 1.3 attacks per second at 16k per attack, giving you around 21k damage per second.

You should be dividing the 16k by 1.66 instead of multiplying by 1.3. That would give you 10k dps in a otherwise highly unlikely situation.

Ah yes, I did happen to invert my fraction there. It does work out to about 10k dps, which is significantly higher then any other build possible.

Look at something like a condition build with 2k CD. Assuming both burning and bleeds are on the target, you would need to have….64 stacks of bleed to reach 10k dps. On a extremely glassy warrior, you can do hundred blades every 8 seconds, doing 24k damage each time (in melee range, remember). That only comes out to 3k dps, before counting extraneous other attacks of course.

No other build/weaponset in the game can even come close to the damage that 3 warlocks can unleash.

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

But when do you ever get a full damage Warlock off in PvP. Don’t get me wrong, they do massive damage, but I only really ever see that against World or Dungeon Bosses, never against Players.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

But when do you ever get a full damage Warlock off in PvP. Don’t get me wrong, they do massive damage, but I only really ever see that against World or Dungeon Bosses, never against Players.

That’s correct. I wasn’t talking pvp. My initial post specified where warlocks will reach that damage potential, but when they do, they blow everything else out of the water.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

strongest weapon? i do favor the OH sword better than everything else..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

This question is too much easy to answer and we all know it.

The most OP weapon is the “BROOM”

The problem is that “men” usually can’t recognize the power of their wife’s/girlfriend’s broomstick….

(edited by Zoser.7245)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

You will rarely get the full damage of warlock unless you’re running a specific group or in a large dynamic event. It’s as situational in that aspect as a stationary warden.

Heck count the reflect from ranged mobs and warden is doing much more damage than warlock ever would.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

the strongest Mesmer weapon is really in my opinion how you as the player utilizes the options to maximize it’s up-time / dps.

if just literally dummy testing and no variables then iwarden, a moving target, iswordsman. just my 2cents.

in Mesmer

@Esplen.3940

if thats not how it works, y did i see those numbers over a timespan of 2hours over and over again? i must have some pretty bad visions or being drugged. even my m8 was then drugged.

maybe the puppets and all enemies in all dungeons from ac to arah were bugged too, cos i saw the same numbers there. warden ikittenting 12times in a row in 2 to 3 secs span continuously higher numbers

in Mesmer

wads.5730

Nope, wasn’t an auto attack since I cast iWarden from a distance with a sword in my main hand. When I run a phantasm hybrid, the first attack my warden does is always over 150 and usually around 200+.

you are hallucinating. see screenshots, first 2 hits from warden

@Esplen.3940

if thats not how it works, y did i see those numbers over a timespan of 2hours over and over again? i must have some pretty bad visions or being drugged. even my m8 was then drugged.

maybe the puppets and all enemies in all dungeons from ac to arah were bugged too, cos i saw the same numbers there. warden ikittenting 12times in a row in 2 to 3 secs span continuously higher numbers

yes you’ve been drugged. see screenshots. the final attack matches the damage tooltip from skill (slightly less from damage variance of weapon), meaning each hit did 3672/12 on average.

the warden doesnt do 20k damage.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

I’m guessing the staff endorsers are talking full out CD builds?

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

If the target isn’t moving (like in PvE) then the focus phantasm is the hardest hitting. In practice, in most PvP situations, it’ll be Greatsword’s berserker followed by staff’s warlock (with almost no conditions) and pistol’s duelist. Staff’s warlock has the chance to hit ridiculously high if the enemy is stuffed full of conditions though.

Then you’re seeing things wrong, or factoring hits on multiple targets (which target has his own counter). The damage you see at the end of the multi-hitting attacks is the sum total of the attack.

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t though. A Warrior’s hundred blades would insta-gib champions and 3 shot legendary mobs and Ranger’s rapid fire would one shot any player.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I’m guessing the staff endorsers are talking full out CD builds?

If by CD you mean condition damage, then no. Boons on auto-attack, backwards teleportation, Chaos Armor, and Chaos Storm, are equally valuable regardless if you’re playing condition damage or direct damage.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combat_log
You will see the warden doing 1k dmg 12 times for a total of 12k dmg NOT 1k then 2k then 3k… for a total of 78k dmg. (This is too ridiculous to be true. Sorta like how people think the last hit of 100b can actually do 40k in 1 hit)

Press the chat menu that lets you pick which types of chat you want to see. Turn on the damage log. Look at how much damage warden does. Or you can use logic. Does a warden doing 78k damage or a100b doing 200k dmg over a few seconds make sense for PvP? No one could survive that. It would down a tanky guardian and then kill him in 2 seconds.

in Mesmer

im just infront of puppets and my warden hits very often last hit over 4.
if this happens then the last 3 hits MINIMUM were around 3200 AVERAGE.
so count together:

4200 + 3800 + 3500 + 3000 = 14500 only for the last 4 hits
worst cycles end on 3600 and it happens wiht same average than maximum

at least 3 more hits are beyond 2000, so 20k is rounded DOWN.
just count the the lame rest together and i get my 20k in around 3-4secs.

so u say evry single hit is summed up from previous?

Attachments:

(edited by hardloop von edgehoven.8512)

in Mesmer

wads.5730

yes. just use common sense.

channeled skills are the summation of all hits.

the only exception i can think of is scepter 3.

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

so count together:

THen factor in crit damage amplifying 20k by 270%
Do you really think this is correct?
Again, just turn on your damage log and see how much the warden is actually doing per hit.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

so count together:

THen factor in crit damage amplifying 20k by 270%
Do you really think this is correct?
Again, just turn on your damage log and see how much the warden is actually doing per hit.

The GW2 damage log is the most sad and incomplete damage log ever created in a game. Among the many MANY things it lacks is phantasm damage.

That being said, hardloop, I don’t know what type of testing you’re doing to delude yourself into thinking that wardens do additive damage, but you’re wrong. The damage floaters are additive, and that’s it.

in Mesmer

ok thats what i never saw. hitpoints of enemies and hits from illusions. tehy dont appear in my combatlog. maan i was just curious about it whole time. sure it would be insane for pvp. never did pvp so far, so i thought the math behind pvp was pretty much different from pve.
still dont know how much hp mobs have… thx for that one.