Will Mimic Affect Elites/Heals?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Q:

Hey devs, great change to Mimic!

But uh.. Is it going to affect heals/elites or just the 2 other utility skills?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

A:

No, just Utility. Stated in the video that it won’t affect Elites or Heals.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Curses!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

It would be virtually a must-have if it did. As of now, you’re basically allowing yourself to slot two of the same utility (one of which has a set 90s CD) in exchange for losing diversity.

A Chronomancer with Mimic has some very interesting potential.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reborn D.2769

Reborn D.2769

If mimic works with elite :
Chronomancer > F5 > Moa > Mimic > Moa > F5 > Moa > Mimic > Moa :p

Op as hell!

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yeah it’s in ready up 35 on the gw2 YouTube channel, use the menu to start at Mesmer section and it goes over mimic changes there.

I do feel the skill is very situational and while double portal is nice I’m not really feeling it. If mimic set itself to the same cool down of the utility used (in other words that it mimics) that would be really nice. So portal would set mimic to a 72s CD but using it on something like blink would make it a 30s CD.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Op as hell!

Wrong. Mimic resets cd of the NEXT Skill used. Moa Mimic Moa wouldn’t work…

“This skill now causes the next utility slot skill you use within 10 seconds to recharge in 1 second. Increased recharge to 90 seconds.”

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Op as hell!

“This skill now causes the next utility slot skill you use within 10 seconds to recharge in 1 second. Increased recharge to 90 seconds.”

Still OP: Chronomancer > F5 > Mimic > Moa > Moa > F5 > Mimic > Moa > Moa

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Op as hell!

Still OP: Chronomancer > F5 > Mimic > Moa > Moa > F5 > Mimic > Moa > Moa

…lol imagine the rage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scapper.4236

Scapper.4236

Mimic will still see a major change being brought to point gameplay and other escape mechanisms which we have a shortage on!

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I’m glad Mimic doesn’t effect elites or heals. That would be simply outrageous.

I’m looking forward most to double Blinks and Arcane Thefts. Other utilities that would have some interesting play with Mimic:

• Nullfield doubling it’s boon stripping capabilities and condition clearing.
  • S. Inspiration giving a long uptime of boons to our allies.
  • S. Domination dominating an enemy for 6 seconds… and that’s if you aren’t running sigil of paralyzation like I sometimes do with pistol.
https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

If mimic affected moa, imagine mimic with chronomancer lol. I am fairly confident that would break the game.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

There is variant with Signet of Illusions that should work though:
F5(start)
Moa
F5(end), Mimic, Signet, F5(start)
Moa
F5(end), Mimic(Signet), F5(start)
Moa
F5(end)
Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

F5(start)
Moa
Moa
Moa
F5(end)
Moa

There’s an extra patch note in the list: Signet of Illusions: Reduced recharge to 60 seconds. This skill now specifies which skills it recharges

I’m thinking this is in preparation to communicate that Continuum Shift won’t be recharged by Signet of Illusions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

F5(start)
Moa
Moa
Moa
F5(end)
Moa

There’s an extra patch note in the list: Signet of Illusions: Reduced recharge to 60 seconds. This skill now specifies which skills it recharges

I’m thinking this is in preparation to communicate that Continuum Shift won’t be recharged by Signet of Illusions.

Good point and definitely a warranted change.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Yeah as I stated in another thread, I fully expect we’re going to see various (and reasonable) limitations put on F5…similar to Mimic. “No Elite’s” would also likely be on the list of things to change. It just kinda defeats the purpose of powerful Elites with long CDs to have an ability that resets the CD almost instantly. It would either mean nerfs to the Elite’s (or them being weak to begin with), or excluding them from F5.

I think the CD on Mimic is warranted. Every profession naturally has some utilities that are much stronger and/or more useful than others, especially in combination with some builds. So having the option to have one re-charge almost instantly is worth the long CD on Mimic. (You end up keeping the normal CD on that utility, which is really the more important part. If it set the CD of that ability to 90s, then I’d consider it pretty worthless.)

- If you were to make a Power PU build now, you wouldn’t have to get Torch anymore, as you can double up on Decoy + MI for plenty of stealth & escapes.

- Double 1200 range Blink is a blessing for basically any build and grants us mobility that rivals that of Thieves, Warriors, and Eles.

- In a traited Glamour build a double NF will be pretty amazing for your team, especially when coupled with the new TW.

As stated above, a double SoD with the new CS trait and a Paralyzation Sigil will mean two kitten stun in quick succession. There will be a lot of tears over this one! Draw out a stun break with an F3 shatter, then SoD…if they break out again, SoD again and dump him. Buh bye! This in organized team play is a death sentence times two. Then add Moa to the mix and it’s even worthwhile to trait the Sigils for a build heavily focused around CCing enemies to be focus-ganked by your DPSers. (Pistol #5, SoDx2, Moa, and Confounding Suggestions. Ouch!)

Double MI could potentially allow for enough illusion generation in some specialized builds that don’t involve Dueling/DE. It could be enough to make Chronomancy work as an illusion factory (between F5 and Mimic and the 2 traits to generate illusions), or perhaps even some without either Dueling or Chrono. Dunno maybe a very tanky & supportive build, but one that can put out a solid damage spike via 2x MI + Phantasms. (Insp/Chaos/Dom)

Lots of neat possibilities for Mimic and the new system in general.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Or double Veil for WvW zerging (although I am pretty sure OMFG WvW raid unkittenro’s command won’t need to resort to such measures.)

EDIT: How did under_Pyro_s command got translated is beyond me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

You’re right Korusef, we’ll be using MI instead of veil.

The forum filter catches ‘d_e_r_p’, and in this case, d_e_r_p_y.