mesmer not even mentioned in balance preview?

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

so mes didnt even get mentioned in the newest balance preview…?wow ty. around 20 bugs and all other classes get priority. meanwhile cc out of control in the game and mes is a veilbot. great maybe in 6months when noone plays mes anymore we might get a little attention.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Feature-Build-Balance-Preview/page/16#post3667926

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hedger.9261

Hedger.9261

take it as a blessing, maybe they wont bother much with us. There is a history of changes being mostly nerfs or breaking things that worked…

in Mesmer

selan.8354

yeah :-( all the nerfs have turned us into veilbots and now all we see is useless tiny little buffs and the rest is all nerfs.and people still cry about mes in spvp.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

“Ranger pets are receiving a responsiveness pass and will be much easier to command.”

God… I wish our illusions would do what I want rather than shatter on random targets, iLeap not working, etc, etc.

I mean, granted, the notes are all around minor bug fixes and clearly only the tip of the ice-berg but not being even on this list of notes makes you wonder if they’re going to do anything significantly positive for our class?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

You all are really complaining that the mesmer is weak? It’s one of the strongest classes and has been since launch.

I’m rather happy anet has the mentality of buffing things up to our level instead of nerfing us down to their level.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

You all are really complaining that the mesmer is weak? It’s one of the strongest classes and has been since launch.

I’m rather happy anet has the mentality of buffing things up to our level instead of nerfing us down to their level.

spvp player or roamer right? sry but mesmer is bad in tpvp and a veilbot in wvw raids. cc and condis melt us in seconds and we are bound to illusions/ai only.build diversity is very bad for wvw raids atm but yeah in spvp we do well. the only rason why people qq about mes is because they cant hit the the real mesmer.
this thread is more about the fact that anet is gonna bugfixes all other classes but us.we havent seen any buffs for a very very long time.
buffing things up to our level?!?! what game are u playing… erm war? erm thief… erm wvw ele? sry but u must be playing a different game mode then.pve maybe….

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

It says there is still more to come, though. Lets wait before panic, shall we?

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

Perhaps I’m mistaken, but nobody said anything about being weak, although there are certain game modes where we’ve certainly fallen out of the meta or are turned into utility-bots.

What people were complaining about is the lack of attention, especially with regards to the plethora of bugs that we have. Hell, I was fighting an ele on a slope earlier today in WvW and as iLeap bugged out the vast majority of time, a sizeable portion of my burst was just wasted. because of a grossly bugged skill.

It’s small things like that that matter and not even having a mention about those things is a worry. I can’t imagine anybody likes to play whilst being limited by bugs.

It’s only a taster of what’s too come though, so let’s hope they fixed some bugs at least…. :-)

(edited by Marsares.2053)

in Mesmer

selan.8354

It says there is still more to come, though. Lets wait before panic, shall we?

i just feel like mes is always the first one to get nerfs and the last one to get changes. in the past u saw war buff this buff that and a whole list of things and then all the other classes and mes is always a small 2 line change for mes. 1 will be a nerf and the other one is something random…..

ok, so bugfixes need to be priority, but then also certain nerfs were too harsh and in the current meta wouldnt be op at all anymore.
all i want is attention. its been a year and mes has mainly received nerfs and the only thing that opened up builds was pu….we still got useless mantras which simply dont fit in well due to the rechanneling fact, we got a bunch of useless traits or too weak traits and no aoe, no non ai build options for wvw raids. some traits are badly placed, ip is the only thing that makes f1-f4 viable in wvw raids but its a gm trait,….etc.
fact is that our community has been very constructive with ideas and builds and we are constantly testing out new things or bugs, but we get no response or attention.

our wvw raid problem has been mentioned a lot, but because spvp players hate mesmers and always qq, we wont have a chance. devs seem to also not see the problem.
they destroyed many builds that used to work in wvw, but we never have gotten ANYTHING that could possibly make up for it.

war has no real weakness anymore. mes has multiple ones: cc,lack of aoe, condi,lack of group builds, terrible targeting issues due to obstructed bugs, too much ai based skills and traits and without illusions we got absolutely nothing.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I’ve just read a pastebin containing supposedly leaked patchnotes. I won’t link them here since I don’t want to risk an infraction, but the link was posted in another class-subforum. Some interesting changes are coming, if they are real.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I’ve just read a pastebin containing supposedly leaked patchnotes. I won’t link them here since I don’t want to risk an infraction, but the link was posted in another class-subforum. Some interesting changes are coming, if they are real.

If by ‘interesting’ you mean making PU builds even tankier and even less able to do active damage, then sure….

Edit: And screws with our swiftness application, that too
Edit: Aaaaaaaand kills mimic maybe

(edited by Pyroatheist.9031)

in Mesmer

selan.8354

If by ‘interesting’ you mean making PU builds even tankier and even less able to do active damage, then sure….

omg just read it…..bye bye swiftness..why even use focus anymore? and all the rest is stupid. no aoe no nothing…please dont let this be the patch.

but at least i had a good laugh….

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Interesting? I only see nerfs.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

^
yup all nerfs again.
seriously im gonna main my necro from now on. so done with being a veilbot in wvw….oh and war gets now additional daze. great….more cc. its not like i have no chance to even block 1 single attack in heavytrain as i get perma immobilized,perma interrupted, perma dazed, perma crippled, perma chilled, perma stunned…oh wait thats right and my illusions are sooooo useful in a zerg. but hey lets reduce swiftness by tc by 50% requiring every mesmer now to use a staff….well thought through anet …

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

I assume you mean this http://pastebin.com/dmACCzwx

I absolutely don’t hope that these are the patch notes, although history have told us it’s more than likely to be true. It’s mostly nerfs, with some minor buffs in areas that don’t really matter whilst not addressing any of those things that truly matter.

If these are the patch notes, we all might as well re-roll as clearly they have no intention of fixing the bugs that plague the class or address those issues that keep us out of the meta. We’ve been waiting for eight months or so, and this is what we’d get? Just depressing, plainly depressing…

in Mesmer

selan.8354

yeah everyone lets reroll this class is not viable anymore and the devs simply dont know how to fix the mess.
we lack aoe
we lack condi cleanse
we lack swiftness
we lack dmg in zergs
we lack build diversity
we lack group builds

but we get more nerfs and nothing in return for a year now. ill finish my war and main my necro.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Did that thread get deleted?

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

Yup, so chances are it’s real.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Myrias.8732

Myrias.8732

Looks to be that way….

If that temporal curtain change is true, why is everyone complaining about it? It said it stacks! I did read that right, no?

I gladly trade half the initial application if I can just run through it 2-3 times to get the same swiftness up time + more.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer
Victory or Death [VoD] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

selan.8354

yeah everyone lets reroll this class is not viable anymore and the devs simply dont know how to fix the mess.
we lack aoe
we lack condi cleanse
we lack swiftness
we lack dmg in zergs
we lack build diversity
we lack group builds

but we get more nerfs and nothing in return for a year now. ill finish my war and main my necro.

You have enough tears to drench everyone in this subforum, dude. And a lot of these complaints are woefully exaggerated and over-emotional.

who cares if im emotional,im a girl, but that doesnt change the fact that anet hasnt given us anything for a very long time. so u are happy with this then?compare it with the other classes.
i play mainly wvw raids and i havent been happy with the mesmers performance at all. then add all the bugs and no fixes. then we get random fixes, but no mentioning of ileap,blink,iwarden or phantasmal haste. im frustrated with this.

temporal curtan gets nerfed by 6seconds for no reason at all. so now we gotta equip staff in order to get swiftness?what if it doesnt stack if u run back and forth over it?

“Temporal Curtain: This skill now applies 6 seconds of swiftness, down from 12 seconds, and will now affect allies already under the effects of swiftness.”

the only changes that is good imo is the tw cooldown reduction.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Let’s just >>pretend<< we know the patchnotes and discuss here. =0
Anet, you guys want feedback, yet you don’t give us any previews to give feedback to.
Dat logic.

The temporal curtain change is fine, if it really stacks now. That plus the chaos armor change and the usual phase retreating should improve the mobility slightly.

Some utility skills may get their cooldown increased, which is meh. Especially the one that nobody uses.

What I really don’t like is that all on-death traits can’t be triggered anymore. For me, there’s absolutely no reason now to use these anymore. This nerf was kinda expected, but I actually expected some compensation for it. Average players already know that condi clones can simply be ignored, this nerf will render the traits useless. Unless you’re face tanking and standing inside your clones all the time.

Also, I think it’s pretty funny that the best way for a Mesmer to apply confusion is to go into downstate now. :o

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

(edited by tetrodoxin.2134)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Well… I guess my idea for PU of applying Boons when entering stealth wasn’t that far off. But you are right… by keeping the Protection and Regeneration Mesmers might indeed become more tanky. They should have made all of the Boons on stealth.

Temporal Curtain is ridiculous. It will be totally useless for Swiftness now.

Stuff they probably got right:

• On clones death traits
  • Deception (Arrow on Clones head)
  • Oh, they buffed Staff#4. WHOOOO! Swiftness? So excited. Not.

The things worrying me the most:

• Guardians get Spirit Weapon love. The leaked Elites might be true (Spirit Staff)
  • Minion Necros get love. That condition removal…

Overall not a very Mesmer friendly patch. My poor Nullfield :’(

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

we lack aoe

You have the staff and the Greatsword and the sword if you’re clever, as well kittenter builds having AOE spike damage.

we lack condi cleanse

Mantras, null field, arcane thievery. That’s only all of your utility slots if you want.

we lack swiftness

Fair enough but when the game started, no one had a passive swiftness except the ele.

we lack dmg in zergs

Again sword and greatsword, mainly greatsword but in PvE zergs, sword works fine.

we lack build diversity

Only because of your inability to look passed shatters for a viable build. I kill things just fine and I don’t use shatters at all.

we lack group builds

Like I said I kill things just fine, solo or in a group. PvE mobs, dungeon mobs, other players; I only have trouble on things that are meant to be done in larger groups, like champion mobs, and even then I can take some on and win.

Well according to people on their class forum the necro is very underpowered too. And Rangers. And Engineer. And Thief. And Ele. So your choices are warrior and guardian.

I have played mesmer since launch, as my first character, it’s one of the best off classes. Maybe in this future patch which I havent read about but for right now, mesmer is one of if not the best class in the game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I hope they do something about the ahving no zerg capability problem…

It literally ruins the entire living story for me, because EVERY SINGLE patch is about zerg events. Seriously. All we can really do is auto attack and occasionally drop a berserker that isntantly dies.

Meanwhile, al the warriors and guardians tag the world.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

we lack aoe
we lack condi cleanse
we lack swiftness
we lack dmg in zergs
we lack build diversity
we lack group builds

You have enough tears to drench everyone in this subforum, dude. And a lot of these complaints are woefully exaggerated and over-emotional.

who cares if im emotional,im a girl, but that doesnt change the fact that anet hasnt given us anything for a very long time. so u are happy with this then?compare it with the other classes.
i play mainly wvw raids and i havent been happy with the mesmers performance at all. then add all the bugs and no fixes. then we get random fixes, but no mentioning of ileap,blink,iwarden or phantasmal haste. im frustrated with this.

temporal curtan gets nerfed by 6seconds for no reason at all. so now we gotta equip staff in order to get swiftness?what if it doesnt stack if u run back and forth over it?

“Temporal Curtain: This skill now applies 6 seconds of swiftness, down from 12 seconds, and will now affect allies already under the effects of swiftness.”

the only changes that is good imo is the tw cooldown reduction.

Ah, well thats a bit more understandable, and Im not disagreeing with you. All Im saying is that almost all classes are lacking in some aspects of the game or are overshadowed by other classes. Mesmers have strong points and weak points like everyone else but your posts make it seem like we’re the most atrocious class in any MMO ever. And I dont see many improvement suggestions from you as much as exaggerated complaints. “We lack AoE damage. We lack damage in zergs.” Things like that, for example, didnt need to be listed twice when its the same core problem.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I just read the “leaked” preview as well.

All I can say is that my mesmer was my first character, the one I chose because I loved the concept behind it. And it’s currently slipped to the one I play 3rd most often.

With those changes, it will likely be relegated to being played only for the sake of nostalgia.

Really depressing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

The swiftness thing may not be so bad – might work like guardian’s symbol to stand in it to accrue swiftness. Running/kiting through the field to continue to stack swiftness, especially while in battle would be pretty cool. This and of course the buff to allies running through it. Out of combat though, yeah a nerf.

The rest don’t appear to be balancing much honestly. Seems like the current PU condition build OP state is really the driving force behind the clone death trait nerfs, and to compensate, they buff PU itself. Sigh.

This plus the sigil changes – if these notes are correct or even close, there is going to be A LOT to sift through and calm down from in the meta following this patch. I bet the next balance patch isn’t for 6 months after this next one.

But honestly, please just fix the bugs. When was the last patch where they just focused on them? It’s in dire need and I still hold to the fact that if they fixed all the current bugs – even if just the major ones, balance would be shifted, and probably more significantly than they think.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: HypnoticEyes.2683

HypnoticEyes.2683

The death on clone could become really disruptive for scepter builds, since a big chunk of their damage comes from replacing clones

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Yeah, what changed? Before the last balance patch they mentioned the need to improve the underpowered scepter. Now it seems they want to nerf it, both through the torment decrease and, more importantly, the clone-death traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Will be interesting to see the final notes, but some early thoughts:

- One goal was clearly to weaken the Blackwater build and the 25% torment reduction plus no more on-death effects from clone replacement does that – it was probably necessary due to the level of outcry

- Like Bunda, I’m a little bummed that apparently scepter is getting any improvement – I’m not really crushed by the torment change, but I was hoping it would get a little love

- The PU change probably falls in the same “response to outcry” kind of issue – I actually think I like it better now. If I hit Decoy when I’m getting hammered, I know I’ll have aegis.

- I like the temporal curtain change – particularly if nothing has changed about Travelers runes

- I’m once again tempted to try using Arcane Thievery

- I think Anet could generate a tremendous amount of goodwill if they got in one or two key bug fixes on this (like iWarden)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Decay.2354

Decay.2354

If accurate these changes are uninspired at best. Disappointing for most of us. Although it’s probably been mentioned many times I would be thrilled to be able to blink and then not glide across the ground like a mannequin. I definitely relate to what Qaelyn posted above…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I don’t think those supposed notes are all bad, but they really need to redo the clone death things if that goes through, as it goes from a works situation to almost never works. :P And my wishes to use the scepter more seems dead in the water still.

Also, in response to that subconcern in this thread, we do have some of the worst AoE in the game, I think that is a fact. Those we have aren’t bad though, it’s just that we can’t spam them aside from GS beam, which isn’t really an ideal aoe attack, more like a bonus if you hit something else. It’s easily illustrated by the fact I get 2x-3x lootbags from this latest world event on my Thief or Elementalist, where the Ele has half my mesmer’s gear

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I haven’t taken my mesmer into open-world PvE since I rolled my engi. There’s that much of a difference.

In PvP it’s no contest either, at least for me. My win percentage is somewhere around 40-45% on my mesmer and 60-70% or so on my engi.

I’ll still go into WvW occasionally, for the utilities and for old time’s sake.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stal.8754

Stal.8754

These days its not whats in the patch notes that worries me, its the stuff they break thats NOT in the patch notes! :p

Naazimber – Mesmer – Ring of Fire [EU]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

It’s easily illustrated by the fact I get 2x-3x lootbags from this latest world event on my Thief or Elementalist, where the Ele has half my mesmer’s gear

Hm, just out of curiosity: How many of those bags are you getting in one cycle?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

…..because there is little for them to offer that won’t result in mass negativity thrown back at them (significant nerfs to desireable skills/traits and undesired/un-needed buffs);
the leaked patch notes are brutal (very brutal if the TC change doesn’t end up working like guardian symbol)……and past leaked notes have ended up being extremely accurate.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

Yea, at least it makes some decision simpler, if true: no need to even think about taking a focus. Now let’s hope they don’t nerf Traveler’s Runes also.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Bleh, More nerfs and no needed fix’s, that’s nice.

So they nerf the already underpowered sceptre, Great! (Even though it needs to be buffed)

Then the underwhelming “on-death” traits (You know that these traits are fairly lacklustre when used alone, its only the combination of PU+DE+Crippiling+Debilitating that was remotely “Overpowered” and even then I think the balance was actually fairly good, its just bad players who refuse to learn and how to counter causing these nerfs)

Then the change to PU….. I don’t mind this, it just means more protection and regeneration and a guaranteed block, and tbh, I usually don’t take any hits in-stealth anyway and the extra aegis stacking usually goes to waste for me so I don’t really mind this change.

Overall, I will probably just sleep through all the changes and go about business as usual. The only think that really bugs me is that I will no-longer be able to dodgeroll/phase retreat over my opponent and apply conditions when the clones get replaced ontop of them, I guess ill have to change my playstyle a bit as my condition output will likely take a drop.

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

Some nice buffs for Phantasmal Healing and Time Warp, but wth is going on with the focus? Are they just reverting it to its original state after all the complaints last time? Or does it no longer stack with itself?
Whatever the case, I can’t see myself using it now. I don’t have time to dance around in a curtain for a few seconds while someone is trying to rip my lungs out. I need it to apply swiftness/cripple and then be ready for a pull. Now it becomes a zerg swiftness offhand and nothing else…

BTW what would happen if you cancel your heal with the new Mender’s Purity? Is it a free condition cleanse with your heal back up seconds after?

(edited by calavel.6249)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

False alarm here, folks. Patch notes were confirmed earlier by Anet to be bogus.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

False alarm here, folks. Patch notes were confirmed earlier by Anet to be bogus.

Must say that I’m surprised. The notes had that hallmark incompetence that is characteristic of the GW2 balance team…

in Mesmer

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

I assume you mean this http://pastebin.com/dmACCzwx

I absolutely don’t hope that these are the patch notes, although history have told us it’s more than likely to be true. It’s mostly nerfs, with some minor buffs in areas that don’t really matter whilst not addressing any of those things that truly matter.

If these are the patch notes, we all might as well re-roll as clearly they have no intention of fixing the bugs that plague the class or address those issues that keep us out of the meta. We’ve been waiting for eight months or so, and this is what we’d get? Just depressing, plainly depressing…

That is massive nerf to clone on death builds. Its much more sever than what they proposed previously with no new clones being generated with Deceptive evasion. With that change, no conditions will be applied by a clone when it is replaced by any illusions. Given thieves have a very strong condi removal with shadows embrace, you will no longer be able to kill a good thief without either using a GS or a focus to stop them from resetting the battle with Shadow Refuge.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Let’s hope so. I was pretty upset about the Mesmer part.
But the Guardian part really made me want to play a Spirit Weapon Guardian.