nerf mesmers!!!

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

The mighty troll, you are plenty annoying in the necro forums with bad advice and statements confusing necros asking for help, constantly drowning out good necros giving good advice with your idiotic comments.

Mesmer has already been nerfed a fair amount. Must you also troll this class forum?

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

As evidenced by the zerker thread, Mesmer is way too powerful. Mesmer main AOE can hit 0-4 times (yes that’s right a whopping ZERO) and up to 400 damage. Nerf now please.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Mesmers are indefensible in the state they are in. To those of you that are still trying to , spent a bit of time playing a different class; this may help to improve your sense of fair play.
+1 TheMighty, I am amazed that you had to argue as hard as you did but impressed that you did. Shows that someone at least cares about the state of the game:D

OP downplays the strengths of other classes and exaggerates a mesmer’s strengths while completely ignoring their weaknesses and downsides.

I care about the state of the game- I am completely for giving classes buffs they need to be able to compete. What I don’t care for is the use of biased “arguments” to try and get other classes nerfed to stop them from being able to compete.

I have never produced a biased statement about Mesmer, since I use it as well. It does need buffs, but it does need nerfs as well.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Also, stunbreakers assigned to mesmer’s best utilities like blink and decoy. On my thief I only had one stunbreaker on a 45 seconds cooldown, on mesmer I have 2 on 30 an 40 secs.

Well why do you run such a trash spec ? I have 2 stun breakers on my utils (one that can be used twice in a row), and infinite stunbreak-teleports on my other weapon set.
I do agree that the “pet mesmer” needs a nerf though. (Because then my thief has 1 challenger less) Meanwhile condition scepter and torch could use a buff, at least in WvW.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

I stopped counting after a few but anyone else notice how many times the people fightin for nerfs keep comparing Shatter with Glass Cannon Builds saying that we can survive with shatter builds but other glass cannons can’t. Any of the other Mesmers out there even look at shatter as our glass cannon spec?

Shatter builds are built for mobility. They are not glass cannons. This comparison proves you have no idea what you are talking about.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

I think their point is shatter do GC damage without the downside, not that shatter are pure GC (in fact, that would be counterproductive to their argument).
Doesn’t make this thread any less silly, mind you, what with all the comparison in vacuum and falacies…
Maybe there would be good argument to be made for a nerf, but they sure aren’t made here.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Serhend.6382

Serhend.6382

mightyaltroll, you must suck terribly to QQ this much and at length about mesmers. You cannot dodge blurred frenzy because of leap? there are tons of skills to get out of it, dodge it, block it. It is fairly easy to evade getting caught by leap skill first of all. Go get better instead of crying your rage here.

mesmers do not need buffs/nerfs. You need to get skilled.

I’m not necessarily interested in nerfing core mechanics. However, they just do too much at the moment on too short of a cooldown.
If someone can make a suggestion that is appropriate to nerf Mesmer shatter, while still leaving other things intact, that would be fine. Because at the moment, the only way I can see it, is if Mindwrack was put on a 25 second cooldown, and Blurred Frenzy didn’t provide invulnerability, but received a damage increase.

You think noob mesmers can so easily produce clones and shatter them in rapid succession while doing leap, blurred frenzy and other things such as landing confusion or even swapping to staff. No, noob mesmers play as bad as any other professions’ noobs, mostly even worse because they do not know how to mitigate incoming damage, retreat (mesmer is one of the most immobile and slow classes UNLESS you manually change this, even then it is not the best) and engage properly, without being able to use the burst that is actually available on a higher point of the learning curve they suck as much as all other professions’ noobs if not even worse.

Game is balanced on many points of the learning curve but small differences can yield huge results, skill and knowledge is the only real thing that matters in this game. You can have a build that can down almost anyone but if a guy has the perfect counter build you may just as easily get wiped yourself.

Knowledge: Setting up a build, including traits/gear/weps/runes/sigils, combos, understanding other professions and their builds and ways to best counter them
Skill: Becoming more efficient over time with experience, muscle memory, calm attitude, creative ways evolving from the now easy usage of anything your class can offer you

Problem is you can’t get to high skill level without going through low and mid skill levels. The game isn’t good enough to make people put up with getting completely owned for day and days just to get better

It should make you put up with it if you want to get better. Even in real life and all other things you have to fall first, crawl first and sweat first to get better. This generation’s “have it all, have it easy” lifestyle makes people grow cold to these facts I guess.

(edited by Serhend.6382)

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Death Card.2904

Death Card.2904

Oh your a necro?
Im pretty sure you can dodge the iLeap because its obvious what the mesmer is gonna do next. Your deathshroud isnt the strongest of your abilities AND IT HAS A 10 SEC COOLDOWN so maybe you could enter deathshroud when he “12k crits” you.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Death Card.2904

Death Card.2904

“Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.”
How does one beat the renowned phantasm or the shatter cat mesmer builds?

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Im tired of having gc mesmers dealing more damage and surviving better than a gc thief.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Hmm, i’ve never seen myself doing 10k+ dmg in 1s without having to spent quite some time of preparation beforehand.

And just for you: Mesmers die horribly against conditions. A single Flurry of a warrior can easily deal several thousand points of damage because there just isn’t any frequently available way to cleanse it.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Im tired of having gc mesmers dealing more damage and surviving better than a gc thief.

No they don’t deal more damage than a gc mesmer. No they don’t survive any better.

Idk why you would even want to be a gc thief anyways… valk armor, div runes, zerk rest… 0/30/30/10/0. 3k attack, 45% crit (52% from behind, 100% on backstabs), 112% crit damage, 2.4k armor, 15.5k hp… without food/buffs/stacks.

Hmm, i’ve never seen myself doing 10k+ dmg in 1s without having to spent quite some time of preparation beforehand.

And just for you: Mesmers die horribly against conditions. A single Flurry of a warrior can easily deal several thousand points of damage because there just isn’t any frequently available way to cleanse it.

This is how mesmer is balanced.

Thieves and Mesmers will ALWAYS be the major source of QQ’s regardless of overall balance. They punish new/inexperienced players the most because of their deception tricks. People still complain about thief in hotjoin… despite them being seldom seen on higher ranked teams.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Phantasmal: Terrormancer, or Beastmaster Condition SB Ranger.

Shatter: Wellmancer/Terrormancer, Beastmaster Ranger, Phantasmal Mesmer, Meditation Guardian.

Rock paper scissors. However, that’s only for 1v1s. My point was that they are not overpowered in 1v1s, but they bring far too much to the table in team fights.

Also, to the poster above, Deathshroud does not stop a Mindwrack entirely unless you trait specifically for it, which means you’d be useless at everything else. Once your deathshroud is gone, it can take ages to get it back up again, which by that time you’re dead. Any Necromancer that sits inside Deathshroud for more than 2 seconds is a bad Necromancer, Mesmer is literally the only class in the game that can FORCE us to stay inside Deathshroud just to survive.

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krein.7358

Krein.7358

+1

nerf it to the ground, the whole concept is insane with these many ‘jolly joker’ abilities..

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Are your professions forums so bored that you are always in our forum?

Well, it doesn’t matter. We’ll continue spreading purple butterflies on you in Tyria.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Aberrant.6749

Phantasmal: Terrormancer, or Beastmaster Condition SB Ranger.

Shatter: Wellmancer/Terrormancer, Beastmaster Ranger, Phantasmal Mesmer, Meditation Guardian.

Rock paper scissors. However, that’s only for 1v1s. My point was that they are not overpowered in 1v1s, but they bring far too much to the table in team fights.

Also, to the poster above, Deathshroud does not stop a Mindwrack entirely unless you trait specifically for it, which means you’d be useless at everything else. Once your deathshroud is gone, it can take ages to get it back up again, which by that time you’re dead. Any Necromancer that sits inside Deathshroud for more than 2 seconds is a bad Necromancer, Mesmer is literally the only class in the game that can FORCE us to stay inside Deathshroud just to survive.

If you saw the last state of the game… they are going to make it easier for you to get in deathshroud more often. They also are adding in another skill. Out of all the classes the future updates look brightest for necro’s. Waiting kinda sucks though, I agree.

Necro’s bring a lot to a team fight as well. Different than what a mesmer brings, but it’s strong. Large aoe dark combo feilds that corrupt boonsblind/chill/vuln/high dps/heal… just wow. Mesmer lacks aoe, necro has it in spades. In group fights necros are amazing and I love having them around. You should see a LOT of this if you’re doing WvW.

I find them on even footing with what the mesmer brings… just in different ways.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Mesmers can do a bit more than a Necro, while still being somewhat tougher to kill. Necromancers don’t come close to the mobility that a Mesmer has, and the problem with what you described is that Necro has to build specifically for one or two things that make him suck at everything else. Mesmers get everything they need on a single build, considering everything they could need happens to be in their class mechanic and weapon set.

Granted, Necromancers/Warriors are definitely looking better the closer we get to the patch, but that’s then, this is now. After the patch, I may change my opinion completely and be screaming for Necro to be nerfed and for Mesmer to be buffed.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Aberrant.6749

Mesmers can do a bit more than a Necro, while still being somewhat tougher to kill. Necromancers don’t come close to the mobility that a Mesmer has, and the problem with what you described is that Necro has to build specifically for one or two things that make him suck at everything else. Mesmers get everything they need on a single build, considering everything they could need happens to be in their class mechanic and weapon set.

Granted, Necromancers/Warriors are definitely looking better the closer we get to the patch, but that’s then, this is now. After the patch, I may change my opinion completely and be screaming for Necro to be nerfed and for Mesmer to be buffed.

I would just suggest you wait until you see what they have planned is out before asking for new things to be done. It does seem to take them a while to get around to it all though : /

Tarnished Coast

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

When it comes to WvW Mesmers don’t exactly have it all (in one build). As far as the light armor classes go, they are smack dab in the middle between the Ele which gets everything in one build(d/d) and Necro which gets almost no options outside of zerging. Want OoC mobility? You are forced to take a runeset/focus for swiftness. Want to try to cover condition weakness? Food/inconvenient traits/runes. Want to tag stuff? Forced to run a nerfed glamour build, or greatsword izerker + staff.

(edited by roamzero.9486)

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Dude, Shatter mesmer is not a problem. There is a reason why it limited to only 1 unless it is a very specialize team composition.

If there were more mesmer in tpvp, then I will agree with your nerf. However, teams limit the amount of mesmer because teams do not want to lose.

Of course, mesmer utilities are strong but offensive support is more important than team utility.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Serhend.6382

Troll you tell people to read whole reply, read it yourself then. Knowledge and skill makes the biggest difference in this game. You just QQ here, what do you want? Should devs nerf everything to compensate for your lack of skill… You say you would whine for nerf if necro was buffed too, BS. I bet I could start a necro char now and wipe every profession with it in less than a month without having to QQ like you seen to be doing.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

That was the funniest post I’ve read in a long time, thanks for the laugh.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Serhend.6382

That actually goes for all of your posts in this thread. I am gonna start a necro char this very evening. I dislike the profession but it will be priceless to bring your constant whining to an end, I think it will be a pretty nice video with captions and all.

Just get skilled, you say you would whine if this happens, you whine because of this and that, look at yourself, do you even read your own posts? They are really so boring to read, I would understand if you are not reading them, must be painful enough to write them in the first place.

There are many ways to counter mesmers and all other professions, the fact that you are failing to find these ways and use them effectively with proper timing and all does not mean they need a polish/balance/nerf/buff w/e.

Here is proof, you are not being idealistic or anything here as you seem to declare so often. This is all about necro and mesmer, you must be gettin’ owned by mesmers pretty often to whine this hard.

Lol boi, mesmer this necro that, mesmer that, necro this, cry cry

(edited by Serhend.6382)

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

You know what mighty altroll mesmers are strong. Do we need nerfed? Hell no our condi removal still sucks compared to necros. The way we deal with conditions is to avoid them. Other classes can tank through them or heal them. mesmers are the only class that was likely intended to just avoid condis all together. hence the blurred frenzy. Also FYI you’re so kitten determined to see shatter build nerfed. I guarantee you that mesmers will adapt after. And buddy you will not like what you see.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Serhend.6382

He will have his a.. handed to him on a plate with or without a nerf or buff. This kind of people are bound to fail as all they do in the face of a problem is to cry and blame others or anything else but themselves instead of figuring something out.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: soulartistrb.7509

soulartistrb.7509

To those screaming “nerf” I say to you play the class. Learn their weakness. Also ask guild mates to help. I learned a lot about thieves from mine. Some classes in particular builds are very hard to kill. And a shatter/ phantasm Mesmer have there weakness. Conditions are very kitten us. All our condition cleaners have long cool down outside of mantra but it has a long cast time. I play a necro and Mesmer. Necros could use some love and I think one day the will but they are so versatile. But don’t nerf mesmers unless there is a serious issue and in my opinion they are a well balanced and one of the most fine tuned of all the classes. Just learn the mechanics and practice.

Lots of toons and so little time :D

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

You know what mighty altroll mesmers are strong. Do we need nerfed? Hell no our condi removal still sucks compared to necros. The way we deal with conditions is to avoid them. Other classes can tank through them or heal them. mesmers are the only class that was likely intended to just avoid condis all together. hence the blurred frenzy. Also FYI you’re so kitten determined to see shatter build nerfed. I guarantee you that mesmers will adapt after. And buddy you will not like what you see.

That’s fine. As long as they adapt and find something else that’s viable I don’t mind. Once again, Mind Wrack and their Evasion skills are simply too strong/useful compared to other classes. As much as you people would like to make me look like a generic QQer, the point still stands.

I have 0 difficulty killing Mesmers, I use a Mesmer myself, I use all classes, I can literally kill some Mesmers using only my Swamp Drake pet.

HOWEVER: Mesmer requires a small nerf, and I’d be fine with buffing their Scepter to match Staff, and allowing condition builds to become viable. Ranger requires a huge nerf.

Get over it, this is not a learn to play issue, this is simply based upon all around balance.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

That’s fine. As long as they adapt and find something else that’s viable I don’t mind. Once again, Mind Wrack and their Evasion skills are simply too strong/useful compared to other classes. As much as you people would like to make me look like a generic QQer, the point still stands.

I have 0 difficulty killing Mesmers, I use a Mesmer myself, I use all classes, I can literally kill some Mesmers using only my Swamp Drake pet.

HOWEVER: Mesmer requires a small nerf, and I’d be fine with buffing their Scepter to match Staff, and allowing condition builds to become viable. Ranger requires a huge nerf.

Get over it, this is not a learn to play issue, this is simply based upon all around balance.

See the thing is Mesmer condition builds were viable. then anet kittened over the way bouncing works.. nerfing weapon. Staff is viable only for defense the iWarlock projectile sucks at tracking so its usually useless in team fights and there just for shatter bonuses
… Scepter is only going to become viable when confusion stops sucking in Pvp

Once again let me reiterate… Mindwrack Just mindwrack the skill SUCKS… Base damage is terrible and unless mesmers take the corresponding traits it stays as such. My build which uses nothing for buffing shatter damage. Does terrible mindwrack damage. For mindwrack to do good damage mesmers have to take at least 10 into domination and (15 optimally) and 30 into illusions for the self shatter.
Also Mesmer is just as squishy in a shatter build as any other glassy builds. If they don’t take soldiers ammy they are sitting ducks after their shatters. Also a shatter Mesmer is easy to lock down because they have ONE stealth. And the only OP build mesmers have is definitely not shatter. Our evasions… yeah they are pretty sweet. But we have the WORST mobility out of any class in the game this includes necros you have a passive speed bonus and more than one access to swiftness through a spectral skill AND a weapon.

Mesmers have their weaknesses and have been nerfed enough.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

See the thing is Mesmer condition builds were viable. then anet kittened over the way bouncing works.. nerfing weapon. Staff is viable only for defense the iWarlock projectile sucks at tracking so its usually useless in team fights and there just for shatter bonuses

Once again let me reiterate… Mindwrack Just mindwrack the skill SUCKS… Base damage is terrible and unless mesmers take the corresponding traits it stays as such. My build which uses nothing for buffing shatter damage. Does terrible mindwrack damage. For mindwrack to do good damage mesmers have to take at least 10 into domination and (15 optimally) and 30 into illusions for the self shatter.
Also Mesmer is just as squishy in a shatter build as any other glassy builds. If they don’t take soldiers ammy they are sitting ducks after their shatters. Also a shatter Mesmer is easy to lock down because they have ONE stealth. And the only OP build mesmers have is definitely not shatter. Our evasions… yeah they are pretty sweet. But we have the WORST mobility out of any class in the game this includes necros you have a passive speed bonus and more than one access to swiftness through a spectral skill AND a weapon.

hey, mesmer mobility is not that bad. Phase retreat is one of the best terrain exploit skills.

I wonder how will Anet buff conditions. Increase attack speed?

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Everything you say is absolutely false about your own class.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Everything you say is absolutely false about your own class.

Guarantee u its not. Our mobility especially when trying to run sucks… We may be able to phase retreat away but 1 or 2 heartseekers catches right back up. Or that insane immobilize that necro dagger has. And condition builds being nerfed thanks to the bounce change? Yeah that is true as well. There goes all the might and fury we would get from WOC instead it goes to a clone… lovely right?

Then also confusion sucks in pvp which makes scepter subpar. I have even seem some Mesmers that run sw/p and sw/x just because they hate scepter that much and gs still sucks thanks to the messed up phantasm AND the bounce change.
Staff is made for defense only now which yay for that right. Lets do crap damage with a messed up bouncing weapon and a phantasm that misses most of its attacks thanks to the messed up projectile tracking.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

You have zero problems killing a mesmer, saying sometimes it’s laughably easy, and yet you also think they’re so strong that they require a nerf.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Serhend.6382

Mighty is contradicting with himself. You are a generic QQer indeed. Evasion skills too strong? Only if you utilize them, and over a certain point of learning curve the classes that were intended to evade can utilize many evasive tactics, it is not exclusive to mesmer. But I saw you on thief forum too, whining and qqing for nerf there too. What is your purpose really?
Buffing a scepter means absolutely nothing. When you nerf the only bursts a mesmer has. It is supposed to have a burst, it is supposed to evade. There are not many mesmers running around with 1500+ toughness or huge hp pools. We are light, we can go down fast, so we have to evade. Because we can go down that fast, we have to deal damage fast and with good timing or else we fail. This goes for many thief builds as well. This all sounds very well balanced to me.

Furthermore, what makes mesmer unique is its clones and shattering, such a moronic thing it would be to actually rip that apart or bury it to the ground.

Ranger requires a huge nerf? I hope this was a joke, if you suck at killing rangers too why are you even playing pvp and wvw aspects of this game, go play pve and do dungeons.

This is a l2p issue and you suck.

The mighty troll, you are plenty annoying in the necro forums with bad advice and statements confusing necros asking for help, constantly drowning out good necros giving good advice with your idiotic comments.
Mesmer has already been nerfed a fair amount. Must you also troll this class forum?

lol.

(edited by Serhend.6382)

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Lie. If it was so simple for you, you wouldn’t be whining on the forums in every thread you can. You lost to a Mesmer in some form of PvP, and you’re mad, so you want ANet to fix your problems for you. The “I play a Mesmer” argument was dismissed long ago. Everyone that asks for Mesmer nerf claims to main or frequently play a Mesmer, as if that somehow makes them an unbiased source. Basically, in your own words, get over it.

I am unbiased. The game isn’t balanced around 1v1, and in team fights Mesmers simply can do more than most classes. Mesmer needs to be toned down just like Ranger, once again, get over it. You haven’t provided any facts or reasons why I should care about Mesmer QQing about how their class is unviable/underpowered/bad when almost every top team has one or more. As far as I’m concerned, the only thing a Mesmer cannot do is bunker, and play a condition role. As far as I’m concerned, you are simply biased and have very little knowledge of how a Mesmer works in tPvP. I do play Mesmer, and I theory craft for it as well as all other classes.

As for the poster above me, if you actually need me to list to you why Ranger requires a nerf, then there is no reason for me to even recognize your posts.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

To be fair Mighty. You have not demonstrated any useful knowledge of the game. Nearly all your posts beg the question, you spend a lot of time telling us how good you are as if that should have any consideration whether the mesmer should be nerfed, and you constantly propose false equivalencies. The person who seems to know the least about how the mesmer works in pvp is you. However, you do boast a lot about being an expert. Perhaps it is time to show rather than tell.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

This is incorrect. You are exaggerating, which is why you don’t provide examples. Necros have far more mobility. They have easy access to swiftness and a signet to increase speed. They also have a lot of control, especially for AoE, that the mesmers lack. Mesmers have an unreliable immobilize and cripple.

Where necros fail is in defense. Despite so much condition removal, they are very vulnerable to them. This is because their condition removal is so slow that they are wiped by a burst before they can cleanse themselves. A necro is very useful in a zerg, but must always stay in the back or will die quickly. Mesmers and most other professions can jump into the fray and have enough tricks to get out.

Of course, like nearly all your posts, this has nothing to do with nerfing the mesmer.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

This is incorrect. You are exaggerating, which is why you don’t provide examples. Necros have far more mobility. They have easy access to swiftness and a signet to increase speed. They also have a lot of control, especially for AoE, that the mesmers lack. Mesmers have an unreliable immobilize and cripple

That is completely false. You just stated that Necromancers have more mobility than a Mesmer, which is nonsensically ignorant. You have teleports, portals, just as much swiftness on focus (Necro only has swiftness if he chooses Warhorn too), Mesmers have an extremely good AoE CC (And another incredibly good, infact BROKEN CC on focus), and they too have plenty of CC that Necro has, even without building for it. Your point is moot. Necromancers have only one immobilize on a much longer cooldown.

Where necros fail is in defense. Despite so much condition removal, they are very vulnerable to them. This is because their condition removal is so slow that they are wiped by a burst before they can cleanse themselves. A necro is very useful in a zerg, but must always stay in the back or will die quickly.

That is also false, Necromancers are not vulnerable to conditions, they are one of the least vulnerable classes to conditions. Like any other class, a Necromancer can choose to add condition removal, or go with what they get naturally. Plague Signet is an incredibly strong utility, despite having an somewhat long cooldown. The problem with Necromancers is that they are incredibly vulnerable to CC and standard bursting, which Mesmers have in spades. (Mesmers are actually a severely bad matchup for Necromancers)

Necromancers are less useful in Zergs than any other class save Warrior, considering an HGH Engineer will do far more than any condition Necro can, much easier.

Mesmers and most other professions can jump into the fray and have enough tricks to get out.

You simply contradicted your earlier mobility statement with this one. Also, only Mesmer, Thief, and Elementalist can leave combat whenever they wish.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Serhend.6382

You are the most biased nerf crier on both thief and mesmer forums, troll.

ps. to the post below, I read it, that is why I said it

(edited by Serhend.6382)

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Nah he isn’t, didn’t you read his post?

I am unbiased.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Still dreaming a nonsense nerf??

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

ok mighty, we get it u hate mesmers and u are only here hoping to get a nerf out of anet as u don’t seem to even try to see others point of view (others, that actually play a mesmer) u just list random things all mashed together and make it seem like every mesmer is carrying focus, gs, staff, and one handed sword and uses blink, portal,decoy, veil and feedback with traits that would look like 25/30/15/30/30.
try a mesmer in wvw, try different builds and then come back and try to actually discuss instead of accuse and vent. the mesmer forum is a peaceful and supportive community, that is very happy to help people out. try to respect that!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Serhend.6382

For the sake of the forum, let’s all together now stop feeding the Troll, let it die

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ferocious Lethality.8372

Ferocious Lethality.8372

Plez nerf mesmer, I mean they can equip with greatsword and dealing tons of damage as illusions which is overpowered, now you can rarely see a high skilled warrior equip wih greatsword in PVP, mesmer seems like tougher than warrior with same damage but no sacrafice at all ( compare to greatsword warrior’s survivability) , that is really ridiculous

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

ROFLMAO
You made an account, just to troll a class what -in this patch- just got shagged dry, ridden hard, and put away sticky? I hand it to you, O Necromantic Troll, you’ve got some serious bloody stones.
(begins clapping, echoed by illusions)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

Plez nerf mesmer, I mean they can equip with greatsword and dealing tons of damage as illusions which is overpowered, now you can rarely see a high skilled warrior equip wih greatsword in PVP, mesmer seems like tougher than warrior with same damage but no sacrafice at all ( compare to greatsword warrior’s survivability) , that is really ridiculous

Don’t worry, in the next update mesmers will probably just die on spawn.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Lol this thread got resurrected?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

10 month old gravedig.

I’m playing zerky phantasm build in SPvP at the moment and it’s pretty amazing.
People tend to throw “Nerf” and “OP” around loosely though. It’s fine.

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Am I the only one who finds it funny that this thread was resurrected on Easter?

Attachments:

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: nibblesalil.3561

nibblesalil.3561

to make short work of this its all in the name …………. just saying read peoples names you will find out a lot

as in look at what is hidden in the name ………… what stands out ………….. its obvious from where im sitting whats happened here

if life is a cabaret old chum ………lets caberet

(edited by nibblesalil.3561)

nerf mesmers!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Am I the only one who finds it funny that this thread was resurrected on Easter?

You have it wrong, Zumi. He’s not a Zombie, he’s a Vampire. After all, we have the oft-quoted; “This is My body, this is My blood.” Not to mention, the Lazarus incident, and self-revival after three days. Totally a Vampire

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior