Axe: Reworking It

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

Axe 3 is a good skill. Aoe cripple, boon removal, and retaliation from one skill isn’t a bad deal at all. Adding a blast finisher wouldn’t help the axes problem – it lacks identity. It doesn’t really promote any specific playstyle that’s unique to the necromancer. Axe 3 sort of promotes a “run in melee range against a bunch of enemies and tank stuff with your face” playstyle, but 1 & 2 don’t do much to support this idea.

Axe 1 and 2 are uninteresting to say the least. The life force and damage are alright, but it would be nice if the skill had more play to it. It just feels so lifeless, you use it when you’re in range and that’s that. It doesn’t add anything special to the axe other than just a burst of damage. I think adding more emphasis to a unique playstyle/niche would help make the weapon more appreciated, and axe 2 is a good place to look.

For the autoattack, I agree that an auto attack chain would open up a lot of opportunities if they’re still not willing to give it cleave.

dragonbrand—

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I actually prefer Axe to Dagger MH because I prefer not to face tank opponents in melee range

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

When people say it’s weak.. what do you compare it to?

You know when you have axe, you trait for it.. It gets a nice boost from 20 on the first line of traits (cannot remember the name atm) and 25 in the second line adds UP TO 22% (i believe) if all conditions are on the enemy .. Something signet of spite helps lots with that.

Axe is a powerweapon, ppl that play with axe do not play with signet of spite. Furthermore we compare it with 100b because its similar. Warriors have acces to more hp, more armor, stability and more mobility then necros so their place in melee is warranted. Because of this necros at the very least deserve the same kind of dps because they cannot stand in melee.

In a perfect mmo axe 2 would even have more dps then 100b because warriors are viable in melee and ranged while necromancers cannot stay in melee.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

When people say it’s weak.. what do you compare it to?

You know when you have axe, you trait for it.. It gets a nice boost from 20 on the first line of traits (cannot remember the name atm) and 25 in the second line adds UP TO 22% (i believe) if all conditions are on the enemy .. Something signet of spite helps lots with that.

Axe is a powerweapon, ppl that play with axe do not play with signet of spite. Furthermore we compare it with 100b because its similar. Warriors have acces to more hp, more armor, stability and more mobility then necros so their place in melee is warranted. Because of this necros at the very least deserve the same kind of dps because they cannot stand in melee.

In a perfect mmo axe 2 would even have more dps then 100b because warriors are viable in melee and ranged while necromancers cannot stay in melee.

I´ve rly no idea what i should write. Im sure i´get a permban. But i will try to be gentle.

1. Necros can´t stand in melee combat? Why? I think: Yes, they can!

2. Comparing 100B to Axe 2 is stupid cause. Axe 2 is ranged and useable while moving.
And it´s only a 2 1/2 sec channel not 3 1/2 sec. To say my Axe 2 does only 30k dmg but 100b 50k is. U know what i want to write.

3. Warriors have access to more HP and dmg? More HP? Rly? And MORE HP and the same (more then a dps necro) dmg within the same build?
I rly want to see this build…probably i can kill lupicus solo just by walking into his room….

4. More amor? Ok, but does warriors have deathshroud? And traitable 25% (soon 50%) less dmg if they are in “warriorshroud”?

Other class, other skills, other mechanic…don´t be a cherry picking texas sharpshooter.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter

in Necromancer

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

necros absolutely can stay in melee. if you want to die a horrible death. if you want to own, you’ll kite and nuke from range. dagger isnt a bad dueling or pve weapon, but axe is vastly superior otherwise.

in Necromancer

Norjena.5172

I think Axe 1 is too weak.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

I guess the problem is with conditions not being viable for PvE, Necros have a choice between Axe, Dagger and Staff.

- Staff does ok damage, but is a great AoE support weapon.

- Dagger does high dps, but Necros just aren’t designed to be in melee.

- This leaves Axe as our best option for PvE in general – however Axe 1 dps is terrible.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necros do absolutely fine in melee. I’m not sure where this idea that we can’t be close comes from.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

Yep. Necros do fine in melee. The problem is getting into melee

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yep. Necros do fine in melee. The problem is getting into melee

Considering most of this discussion has involved comparisons to 100b and insane damage numbers, we’re talking PvE. So all you need to do to get into melee range is direct your camera to face the target, then hold W till you’re there. They don’t exactly move a lot.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Necros do absolutely fine in melee. I’m not sure where this idea that we can’t be close comes from.

they do until a banish to the face or a meta warrior shows up.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Ghostextechnica.3270

The fact that a caster in cloth running up and auto-attacking with a dagger is the highest dps we can do is pretty silly tbh.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The fact that a caster in cloth running up and auto-attacking with a dagger is the highest dps we can do is pretty silly tbh.

“Casters in cloth” doesn’t exist in this game. Get over the idea of “light” armor meaning puny backline caster, and “heavy” armor meaning frontline. Neither are strictly true.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Ghostextechnica.3270

The logic here is that medium and heavy armour = more armor. Which means more damage mitigation.

Furthermore, being in melee means taking more damage from cleaves and other melee aoe skills.

Therefore, people wearing light armour are less well equipped to take the extra damage that is dealt fighting in melee range.

in Necromancer

Norjena.5172

There is no logic in your post. Classes have diffrent tools to avoid dmg.
If we compare Health and amor by your logic and creat something like “effectiv health”, necromancers should tank and guardians should do the backline stuff.
Oh and lol melee ele? Ele should stay in the town they could get hurt!

Do u rly think this is logical?

Well u will answer, guards have aegis and so on. Yep, that´s it, class mechanics + player skills=played role.

Oh i feel pretty strong with my lightning hammer ele in PvE/Dungeons. I´ve light amor, less HP then a necro and no deathshroud. And i can do my job, good and with alot of fun.
And now tell why necros shouldn´t stay in melee combat? I can´t see a logical argument.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The logic here is that medium and heavy armour = more armor. Which means more damage mitigation.

Furthermore, being in melee means taking more damage from cleaves and other melee aoe skills.

Therefore, people wearing light armour are less well equipped to take the extra damage that is dealt fighting in melee range.

Compare old D/D bunker eles back in their prime, to warrior at the exact same time.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Norjena.5172

Poor warriors…:( OP light armor! (i think D/D got too much nerfs compared with other class buffs… but that isn´t the topic)

in Necromancer

Ghostextechnica.3270

…necromancers should tank and guardians should do the backline stuff.

I’m not saying anyone should “tank” – it’s not a holy trinity game.

I was just pointing out that the whole design of the Necro profession points to us working best at medium range (darting in to drop a well, kiting and using our medium range slows etc). i.e. out of all of our skills – dagger 1 is the only melee one.

Sure you can go melee – it’s our highest dps spec right now and a lot of fun. But I get the sense that it was an accident on Anet’s part.

Our skills aren’t really designed around staying in melee range (think about all our fears – they send the enemy AWAY from melee range). That’s why I’m advocating for a better mid-range weapon that fits well with our profession design.

in Necromancer

Norjena.5172

Wells are perfect for meleecombat, and minions too, ok they suck often a bit, but they work better if they don´t have to follow an opponent.
Spectralskills are nice too. Prot, teleport a grap, and wall can be used to fear enemys towards the necro, for example.
Or Staff 5 can be used to make escape more difficult.

Signet of spite is ok too. Corruption skills are something special. But can help.

And in midrange axe/DS and stuff can be pretty strong. I don´t it should do the same or more dmg then the dagger. A little bit less is ok.
And yes it can/should be a bit more then now.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

i think the best way to rework axe is to make it melee :/ it would definitely give it a chain. i don’t see any reason axe 2 can’t perform similarly to 100b, i mean necro gets the only axe flurry.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

i think the best way to rework axe is to make it melee :/ it would definitely give it a chain. i don’t see any reason axe 2 can’t perform similarly to 100b, i mean necro gets the only axe flurry.

It does perform “similarly”. The problem is that it cannot be as strong as 100b because of the differences in the skill. Making it melee doesn’t make sense. It’d be a direct case of either Dagger > Axe, or Axe > Dagger, and either way one weapon invalidates the other in 95% of situations if you make that change.

100b:
Melee
Roots you for channel duration
3.5s duration
Has a lot of back-ended damage (if you miss the very last hit you lose out on a ton of the damage)

Axe 2
600 range
You can not only walk around while channeling, but also turn
2.5s duration
Damage is equally spread over every single hit
Also gives sustain through LF

Now, obviously 100b works perfectly for PvE because if you’re remotely smart about using it, you can get off perfect 100bs almost on CD. In this case, the larger damage output from it makes more sense. Also you pair that with the fact that warriors have stronger self (and party) buffing, and their already strong 100b gets even stronger.

Making Axe 2 higher damage to match 100b is not going to happen. It makes no sense balance wise. What they should do is give it one of the many ideas that people have put out here, but most of which come down to: Axe 2 needs to be reworked in functionality, and Axe 1 needs a slight buff.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

600 range is melee in wvw too, enter an enemy zerg/blob within 600 range and see how you become a ping pong ball because of no teleports, no invulnerabilities, no movement skills and no stability/mobility. Necro must stay ranged it’s main necro role. If you get closer with taking a risk to get facerolled by hammer and cc spammers, you need much better damage for that risk. Plus 100b is a multi targeted cleave skill which means multi kills in a zerg, axe is limited to only one target , these problems make it useless in wvw. And for pve aspect, why would other classes care? Warriors already don’t miss any skill against dumb ai mobs they stand still in front of you. This would make necros wanted in pve parties too without affecting warriors, currently necros aren’t wanted because of lower dps/efficiency compared to a warrior. Spvp is a whole different thing, these changes must be made for pve and wvw except spvp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It does perform “similarly”. The problem is that it cannot be as strong as 100b because of the differences in the skill. Making it melee doesn’t make sense. It’d be a direct case of either Dagger > Axe, or Axe > Dagger, and either way one weapon invalidates the other in 95% of situations if you make that change.

100b:
Melee
3.5s duration
Has a lot of back-ended damage (if you miss the very last hit you lose out on a ton of the damage)

Axe 2
600 range
2.5s duration

Now, obviously 100b works perfectly for PvE because if you’re remotely smart about using it, you can get off perfect 100bs almost on CD. In this case, the larger damage output from it makes more sense. Also you pair that with the fact that warriors have stronger self (and party) buffing, and their already strong 100b gets even stronger.

Making Axe 2 higher damage to match 100b is not going to happen. It makes no sense balance wise. What they should do is give it one of the many ideas that people have put out here, but most of which come down to: Axe 2 needs to be reworked in functionality, and Axe 1 needs a slight buff.

100b also does increased damage in time warp, where axe 2 doesn’t.

100b also cleaves to three enemies where axe 2 doesn’t.

100b does about 5x as much damage. When warriors are doing 20k 100b, i am usually doing 4k with axe 2.

Melee range a longer channel and a root are a penalty but Warrior has a speedy gap closer and a ranged immobilize (traited) on the same weapon, so let’s not pretend that these are bigger disadvantages than they are.

Axe 2 is crappy DPS, worse than dagger auto attack, but on a cool down. It is fine-ish righ now, but the class is nowhere near on par with warrior for power damage. I think the real problem is that axe 1 is a crappy filler skill.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

600 range is melee in wvw too, enter an enemy zerg/blob within 600 range and see how you become a ping pong ball because of no teleports, no invulnerabilities, no movement skills and no stability/mobility. Necro must stay ranged it’s main necro role. If you get closer with taking a risk to get facerolled by hammer and cc spammers, you need much better damage for that risk. Plus 100b is a multi targeted cleave skill which means multi kills in a zerg, axe is limited to only one target , these problems make it useless in wvw. And for pve aspect, why would other classes care? Warriors already don’t miss any skill against dumb ai mobs they stand still in front of you. This would make necros wanted in pve parties too without affecting warriors, currently necros aren’t wanted because of lower dps/efficiency compared to a warrior. Spvp is a whole different thing, these changes must be made for pve and wvw except spvp.

As much as I hate to say it, the game isn’t and won’t ever balanced around WvW, simply because WvW itself isn’t balanced.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

100b:
Melee
3.5s duration

Axe 2
600 range
2.5s duration

100b also does increased damage in time warp, where axe 2 doesn’t.

100b also cleaves to three enemies where axe 2 doesn’t.

100b does about 5x as much damage. When warriors are doing 20k 100b, i am usually doing 4k with axe 2.

Melee range a longer channel and a root are a penalty but Warrior has a speedy gap closer and a ranged immobilize (traited) on the same weapon, so let’s not pretend that these are bigger disadvantages than they are.

Axe 2 is crappy DPS, worse than dagger auto attack, but on a cool down. It is fine-ish righ now, but the class is nowhere near on par with warrior for power damage. I think the real problem is that axe 1 is a crappy filler skill.

I came here to post exactly this.

in Necromancer

Norjena.5172

Dagger AA is Melee, Axe 2 not.

Why by hell can´´t i do 90k Rifle 4 with my warrior even fullbuffed? So sad….crappy rifle, should get a complete rework….i want GS or Axe DPS!
And don´t say rifle has 1200 range….Axe 2+ DS has by far superior DPS to rifle in 600 range.

If Axe 2+Axe1+DS1 can do Dagger DPS, why should any1 use a dagger? Yes ok, buff Dagger DPS to be on par with warr and Axe tobe on par with the old dagger…in PvE ok.
But in PvP/WvsW it can be a problem. But they said that they want to balance diffrently in these 3 parts of the game.
So we can hope.

Oh, and traited crippel, is in tactics, this “high dps” GS warrs can´t pick it. And the root last for only 1 second. And as said, the last hit of 100B does a bing amount of dmg done by this skill.
In PvP/WvsW a “classic” Powerbuild like 30/10/0/0/30 has more utility and defensive possibilities then warrior builds like this.
And the 30 points Defense/Tactic warrs are not superior in DPS.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

4. More amor? Ok, but does warriors have deathshroud? And traitable 25% (soon 50%) less dmg if they are in “warriorshroud”?

Actually the degen trait doesnt reduce damage taken…

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

100b:
Melee
3.5s duration

Axe 2
600 range
2.5s duration

this is my reasoning behind making our axe melee as well. it will do more damage by simple fact of mmo reasoning: in close, more risk/damage. instead of kiting though, axe 3 would work as a gap closer. perhaps rework axe 2 into a four-hit skill at melee range with the same amount of damage output as blurred frenzy.(blurred frenzy has the same amount of hits as 100b but far less damage, and a much faster cast time) if that happened to axe, i don’t believe anyone would complain, as ghastly claws would still retain the same skill name, function, and have a shorter cast time by a whole second probably. plus, if you don’t run focus, you have a lot more incentive to do so now. this would also make tankomancer incredibly fun and minionmancer more hilarious than it currently is. if they want to bring necromancer out of the condition purgatory it’s currently in i think this is a great way to do it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

The axe range is so short it may well be considered melee anyways.

And i am wary about using axe 3, as the range is great enough (even after the reduction since launch) that it may aggro some nearby yellows when i least need it.

For PVP it may be interesting, but for PVE i’ll rather use dagger thank you very much…

in Necromancer

Ghostextechnica.3270

And i am wary about using axe 3, as the range is great enough (even after the reduction since launch) that it may aggro some nearby yellows when i least need it.

Happens all the time >_<

Axe 3!!! Shakes Fist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

if you guys want to fix a weapon, you should seriously use your talents to buff warhorn, arguably the most useless skill-set in the game.

1v1 I’m inclined to agree but not in large group fighting — I couldn’t disagree more. WH 4’s slow activation makes it a bad interrupt daze but it works very well when enemies are massed in a zerg ball to maximixe the AoE cone. WH 5 is made for these situations as well. It synergizes nicely with siphon traits, plague and is great for mass tagging and disruption as you drag the tail through.

Sure, if you run a ranged, glass build, WH is certainly not for you but for front line zerg build, WH is an indispensable tool.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

I think axe #1 and #2 needs aoe cleave.(120-180 radius). Single-targeted skills are the main problem of necro axe.

Skill #2 damage needs to be on par with warrior greatsword #2(Hundred blades). That would be a good reason to want some necros in your dungeon party. Currently only warriors are wanted.

Skill #3 needs a blast finisher and more base damage. This would help us to support our teammates(specially in wvw raids) while they are opening combo fields. Plus extra base damage is needed because we need to go into a zerg within melee range to use this skill as a class with no mobility and no stability. It has to worth that risk.

These would be good reasons to roll a power necro instead of a condition build for a wvw player.

^ this .. so my Asuran Mesmer will stop laughing at my Sylvari Necromancer.

in Necromancer

vicious.5683

still not a red post in this thread?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

I think that there are two potential small changes that could be made to the axe without completely reworking it. My guess is that it would have to be one or the other because both at the same time would make it too powerful

(1) Increase the range of axe 1 and 2 to 900 (or 750 or something). This would provide an increased ability to kite. The problem with a 600 range weapon is that most other classes have gap closers and can easily close that gap. When we get into 600 range, at any moment we will be in melee and the benefit of having a “ranged” weapon will be gone.

(2) Increase the damage of axe 1 and axe 2

Personally, I would like (1) but I think both are viable options that do not require too much reworking

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Why do people still go around expecting red posts in threads when the only time we got them with any kind of frequency was during Peters’ initiative to talk more?

The Necro forums don’t get red posts, its just how it is, get used to it.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Ghostextechnica.3270

I would really rather not have increased range for axe. The current 600 synergises perfectly with DS (given DS only full damage at 600 range).

The axe just needs more damage due to balance out being so close (like dagger damage minus 10% or something like that).

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

Dagger AA is Melee, Axe 2 not.

Why by hell can´´t i do 90k Rifle 4 with my warrior even fullbuffed? So sad….crappy rifle, should get a complete rework….i want GS or Axe DPS!
And don´t say rifle has 1200 range….Axe 2+ DS has by far superior DPS to rifle in 600 range.

If Axe 2+Axe1+DS1 can do Dagger DPS, why should any1 use a dagger? Yes ok, buff Dagger DPS to be on par with warr and Axe tobe on par with the old dagger…in PvE ok.
But in PvP/WvsW it can be a problem. But they said that they want to balance diffrently in these 3 parts of the game.
So we can hope.

Oh, and traited crippel, is in tactics, this “high dps” GS warrs can´t pick it. And the root last for only 1 second. And as said, the last hit of 100B does a bing amount of dmg done by this skill.
In PvP/WvsW a “classic” Powerbuild like 30/10/0/0/30 has more utility and defensive possibilities then warrior builds like this.
And the 30 points Defense/Tactic warrs are not superior in DPS.

except warrior rifle is one of the highest ranged dps in the game.

in Necromancer

Norjena.5172

LoL, never. Longbows does more DPS then rifle. It has 1 easy to dogde skill with high dmg per hit, but aweful dps.
Best DPS range weapon is Ele staff fire, well traited more dps then a warrior melee. After this, engineer with granades think, or scepter on guard if u´re fighting vs targets with a big hitbox (scepter 2 can hit 16 times on them).

Im talking about PvE, where DPS rly matters.

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

LoL, never. Longbows does more DPS then rifle. It has 1 easy to dogde skill with high dmg per hit, but aweful dps.
Best DPS range weapon is Ele staff fire, well traited more dps then a warrior melee. After this, engineer with granades think, or scepter on guard if u´re fighting vs targets with a big hitbox (scepter 2 can hit 16 times on them).

you have no idea what you’re talking about. please go back to warrior forums as it is obviously your main.

in Necromancer

vicious.5683

Why do people still go around expecting red posts in threads when the only time we got them with any kind of frequency was during Peters’ initiative to talk more?

Guardians got a red post when they asked for buffs on scepter. I don’t see why necros should be different.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Guardians got a red post when they asked for buffs on scepter. I don’t see why necros should be different.

I’m guessing you’re new here. Here’s how the Necro forums work

1) Make a great discussion with lots of potential
2) Ask for red post
3) ???
4) Get a red post 6 months later telling you how to play your class, because you obviously don’t know how

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Norjena.5172

you have no idea what you’re talking about. please go back to warrior forums as it is obviously your main.

Nope, you´re the one with no idea talking about. Rifle is bad dps, and a bad PvP weapon.
Staff ele, engineer ranger and guards do definitly more dps then a rifle warrior. And LB is at the moment the better range weapon in terms of raw dps.
Oh, and my main is not warr, it´s guard.
The diffrent is, i don´t tell lies. If something is wrong, it is wrong, even it is not my opinion.
And Necromancer Axe + DS1 dps is >warrior with rifle, by far. Only 600 range ok, but more dps.

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

more player population playing guardian, more attention from developers. necro and engineer forums don’t see much response.

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

Nope, you´re the one with no idea talking about. Rifle is bad dps, and a bad PvP weapon.
Staff ele, engineer ranger and guards do definitly more dps then a rifle warrior. And LB is at the moment the better range weapon in terms of raw dps.
The diffrent is, i don´t tell lies. If something is wrong, it is wrong, even it is not my opinion.
And Necromancer Axe + DS1 dps is >warrior with rifle, by far. Only 600 range ok, but more dps.

okay, cool. has anyone been one shotted in wvw or pvp by a necro with an axe? no?
how about a warrior? you seriously have no idea what you’re saying and it reads like it. not only that, but your logic is circular. ‘difference is, i don’t tell lies. if something is wrong, it is wrong, even if it is not my opinion.’ your opinion is that necro axe is stronger than warrior’s rifle. so by simple demonstration, you’re wrong. and uh, that’s “not my opinion”
volley>ghastly claws.
now please stop this nonsensical argument. this thread is not about your uneducated opinion. it is about the failure that is our axe damage and that it needs attention.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I run Axe/Focus with

30 (II, VIII, XII) Focus cooldown, Axe cooldown + damage, Bonus damage against low health
10 (IV) wells give AoE protection
30 (II, VIII, XII) better syphon, Wells cooldown, Wells syphon

I have 2 Givers weapons with Superior Sigil’s of Peril.
My base condition duration bonus is +70%, and its +90% for vulnerability.

Axe #1 becomes quite distinctive then .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I got hit for 16K by a warrior’s Eviscerate yesterday… stop complaining about Necro Axe DPS when it’s much less than pretty much any other class.

Axe+DS1 is the only reliable DPS from this weapon… Axe 1 sucks, Axe 2 never lands and Axe 3 does minimal damage – it’s DS or bust, but i’m sure you’d have it all removed if you could.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

(edited by Avigrus.2871)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

in Necromancer

vicious.5683

I’m guessing you’re new here. Here’s how the Necro forums work

1) Make a great discussion with lots of potential
2) Ask for red post
3) ???
4) Get a red post 6 months later telling you how to play your class, because you obviously don’t know how

maybe I’ll wait for the red post to tell me that, not any random forum user.

Back to the topic: Axe aa it’s crap. Crap damage, crap range, crap speed, crap single target. It hit twice, but every decent on-hit effect has an internal cooldown, not great advantage here. It’s the worst aa in the game, only comparable to necro staff aa.
You do your rotation and the what? several seconds of crappy damage.

Devs want feedback, this is feedback. Axe#2 was buffed in damage some months ago, but it’s the aa the worst part of this weapon.

in Necromancer

Ghostextechnica.3270

Wow. Just…. wow.

I failed to not cry. Devs really need to see that.

in Necromancer

Norjena.5172

okay, cool. has anyone been one shotted in wvw or pvp by a necro with an axe? no?
how about a warrior? you seriously have no idea what you’re saying and it reads like it. not only that, but your logic is circular. ‘difference is, i don’t tell lies. if something is wrong, it is wrong, even if it is not my opinion.’ your opinion is that necro axe is stronger than warrior’s rifle. so by simple demonstration, you’re wrong. and uh, that’s “not my opinion”
volley>ghastly claws.
now please stop this nonsensical argument. this thread is not about your uneducated opinion. it is about the failure that is our axe damage and that it needs attention.

U talk about DPS when u mean Burst. And sry, 1shottet by a rifle warrior? L2P, even a 200% Axe buff will not help u, u will still get 1shotted.

And DPS is Axe>Rifle, that´s what U talked about. Burst ok, Rifle has got 1 7 – 10 seconds cooldown. With a 1 3/4 second, easy to see animation. This is Burst, but the DPS of this weapon is bad, and rifle warrios are usually free kills.

Don´t talk about dps, when u mean burst. That´s a big and important diffrent. Try to see the class and her tools as a whole, don´t compare skill by skill. That´s close minded.

I said most times here. Axe AA is too weak and needs a buff, dps and/or utility (possibel torment or bleedings), and Axe 3 needs something like an explosion finisher.

Axe 2 is ok, possibel a few percent more dps, but for a range 2 1/2 channeld skill which is usable while moving, the dmg is ok.

(edited by Norjena.5172)