Axe skill 1

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Yea, this is pretty bad. The animation feels really clunky and feels like it deals less damage, whereas before (on asura at least) it was pretty cool and looked like I was seriously attacking. I’d have just made it so that the boost from animation canceling (which was pretty hard to do and I doubt you could do it practically in a normal battle) was base. Axe AA is already pretty bad.

Jesusmancer

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

/sigh
Saw the red thread and was hoping this was about a buff…

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well Reaper looks cool, so clearly this nerf was warranted.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rumdiesel.5346

Rumdiesel.5346

So does the new axe animation look good on a norn female? Won’t be able to log in to see for myself.

No it looks just like the human female video somebody posted, weak. The animation was aggressive before today’s patch which is why it is so jarring seeing it as it is now.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Looks great on Male Norn. I like it!

I do desperately wish they could buff Axe MH though. The weapon itself is a cool concept, and it should be expanded on.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Who uses this weapon? Honestly I might ever use it in pve when I want to generate life force and I get tired of staff. That said the autoattack on this weapon is so poor that it’s better to swap to it, use focus 4, and kitten axe 3 and maybe 2 and switch back to another weapon. The autoattack is slow and does terrible damage and is useless. Warriors can one click 12+ vuln and eles can do what 20+ in on click. Anet never got that the axe is junk. Animation or not who cares

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anubis.7058

Anubis.7058

Well Reaper looks cool, so clearly this nerf was warranted.

Im starting to think A-net intentionally trolled axe necros for using the weakest weapon of the necro kitten nal before repear gets released.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

The new animation is terrible, it doesn’t look like the necromancer is trying to damage the enemy at all. Not only that, but it feels so much slower. The Axe auto attack was already really bad, now it feels even worse.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

I hope that they up Axe auto attack damage now that they have done this bug fix.

Edit: Yes, animation is terrible.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

sorry but this animation looks horrible
not that i ever use axe autoattack anyway.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kholdstare.9608

Kholdstare.9608

This looks effing awful.

I mean it actually upsets me. You took the “throw” animation and tagged it onto an attack? What kind of shoddy workmanship are you trying to pass off as a “fix”?

Change the numbers and timing if you must, but this just looks unprofessional and clunky.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

The new animations are great on male norn.

I guess all the complaints show just how many plebeians play humans instead of norn master race.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

is it not better that you help Anet then complaining all the time
it will be better if you guys let Anet no what you guys like to see

what kind off animation maybe the DEV team can do something about it ??
as you no Necro use melee weapons as a long range weapon

so let your fantasy do your job and maybe there is something nice

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tarak.4759

Tarak.4759

I don’t like this change either. I don’t know about the other races/genders, but on the human male it used the same animation as the warrior’s double chop. Now it seems to use the same animation as feast of corruption and it just feels weak, even if the actual damage numbers are unchanged.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Troll.4237

Troll.4237

Hm. I kind of prefer the new animation, from a visual perspective. My Charr always looked like he was flailing when he used axe before. Now it’s a bit more under control. I wish they’d put a stronger carry-through on the backswing to emphasize the second hit, but eh.

My God does it look kitten on a human…. it reminds me of the attack animations from RUNESCAPE.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

This animation looks so stupid for humans. My human female looks like she is playing tennis. Seriously?

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Let’s not forget the upcoming Nerf to ‘Axe Training’ with this garbage. I can’t even imagine the thoughts of whoever thought these changes were warranted/justified. This is just ridiculous in every sense cpof the word. I guess…maybe…Axe was Necro’s go-to weapon and was dominating every aspect of the game…oh..wait… :/

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

is it not better that you help Anet then complaining all the time
it will be better if you guys let Anet no what you guys like to see

what kind off animation maybe the DEV team can do something about it ??
as you no Necro use melee weapons as a long range weapon

so let your fantasy do your job and maybe there is something nice

The complaints have addressed this. They want it like it was before. Im sure a resolution can be found with the old or similar animation to address the exploit.

Certainly it cant be left as it is since it is only half finished as an animation. Very stiff and clunky with an apparent dps loss

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Randulf.7614

The new animations are great on male norn.

I guess all the complaints show just how many plebeians play humans instead of norn master race.

Can you post a vid of the male norn animation? Im curious to the look

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

The animation is actually better for Sylvari. Don’t know about the damage, since axe is inferior to dagger/x so I don’t use it that much.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Just looks ridiculous… Offhand dissapearing is annoying. Some how, charrs got the best of this for once, the animation suits charr… My human female is just combing her hair casually while attacking. :/

Wow that looks bad. Glad i have a charr necro. :^)
At first i kind of regretted that choice hehe

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Just looks ridiculous… Offhand dissapearing is annoying. Some how, charrs got the best of this for once, the animation suits charr… My human female is just combing her hair casually while attacking. :/

Wow that looks bad. Glad i have a charr necro. :^)
At first i kind of regretted that choice hehe

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravenmaster.4657

Ravenmaster.4657

The new animation looks absolutely terrible. Please remake the original animation to look the same but without bugs, don’t just slap a ugly new one on there.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Golby.5348

Golby.5348

So did mesmer GS get this fix too or did Anet confirm they still hate necros today~?

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

I just got to look at it and wow, there is no exaggeration. This new animation is decidedly terrible, weak, and an absolute downgrade from what we had. Change it back, please. Please. PLEASE.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krikett.5298

Krikett.5298

Why take a skill that was already only used because there is literally nothing better, and nerf it even further out of existence? I understand the change was done with the intent on being fair, but does anyone actually think that the animations/damage of Necro axe pre-nerf were even close to fair?

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

WOOOOOOW

OK, i just blew the dust away and put on axe again.

ITS AWFUL.

+ ITS ACTUALLY A DPS NERF , WTFF ??? LOWEST DPS NOODLE AND YOU DO THIS !!

Also, it could be superman strong and it just feels clunky , bleh. terrible animation

-7/10

I blame all those speedrunning necro’s in dungeons and fractals. They caused this nerf.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Visual buff to Charr Necromancers. Senpai Karl noticed us and in order to repopulate Charr Necromancers, he nerfed animations on other races.

Choose – boobs or axe animations! Love you, Karl!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I will always choose boobs over axe animations.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: River.1475

River.1475

This animation looks terrible and unacceptable on human female. This change really upset those keep using axe as main hand weapon. Can we just have the previous one back?

(edited by River.1475)

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Hahaha that really does look terrible doesn’kitten and i thought sylvari was bad

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I actually like the new animation. It’s a bit slow, but it suits the attack much better now with the horizontal swing.

Now, could we please have the auto attack hit 3 people in a small arc and have base dmg and attack speed increased by 25%? Thanks.

Edit: Animation looks pretty weird from the front now that I’ve looked at it more. It looks okay from behind though.

[qT] Necro main.

(edited by OlliX.1705)

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: ElPollo.3625

ElPollo.3625

This animation looks absolutely horrid on humans. Its like they’re waving at the enemy, trying to bludgeoning them with the flat side but constantly missing. I’ve been playing necro human with axe since launch and I’m so so disappointed now. My character looks like a joke now. I understand the nerf/exploit/whatever bit but don’t change the animation for god’s sake.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

I actually like the new animation on my male human character o.o
And the dps loss a lot of people describe here isn’t even noticeable to me.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wings.5140

Wings.5140

I appreciate the need to change the animation to deal with the cancel-casting, and I can’t say much about the other races animation or the DPS change (though it does seem to feel slower, but i’ve not tested it).

What I can say however is that the female human axe animation right now is just… not good. The old animation was very nice; dynamic and fast – it looked really good and I loved playing it. Now it just looks clunky, slow and ridiculous.

That so many people thought it was a bug and not a genuine animation change should be testament to how bad this new animation is (on human females, at least).

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: BaLzA.8902

BaLzA.8902

I’m an “aesthetic” player. I moved to Axe for the slice animation, it was AWESOME.
The new one on my female sylvari is… hem… horrible.

If that’s the final solution to prevent a sort of bug, well, that’s an ugly solution.
Very disappointed :-(

(edited by BaLzA.8902)

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Axe is terrible, greatsword wil trump axe at every turn. I’m not worried because they are nerfing it even further in hot so it will become even more useless. Axe 3 is the only trait that is worth a kitten outside pve. Axe 2 is slow windup and is easily dodged, thus does crud damage because you can lock someone down… Yet. The autoattack, regardless of the animation has always been complete dookie

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Personally, I could care less about looks. This change is odd, I cant tell you how often you get interrupted or blocked, so in a way its still a nerf. On a side note, when the trait rework comes out , and they change the 10% increase to only occur when your target is crippled, there’s a. no reason to take that trait,(there’s better) and b. Axe’s damage will not make it a viable weapon choice once more (its slow and now the #1 is odd and clunky).

I let go of axe in PvP, maybe would still use it in WvW but that’s about it. As much as I love the damage from the #2 skill, that often gets interrupted or blocked as well, and doesn’t get contribute much overall damage.

What surprises me Is that I hear complaints about many things, and I am sure there are things that need to be changed, but this one baffles me in necessity. I personally did not use axe in this way but i fail to see how this is any different then flashing deathshroud?

I also know that there are lots of other classes with similar traits abilities that do the same so I am unsure why Necro was focused here.

(edited by Nightshade.2570)

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gmbcrew.6209

Gmbcrew.6209

Looks worse on everything in my opinion, they all look slow and as if there’s not even two hits. Annnnd it’s a slight nerf like wtf??? Pretty sure everyone agrees Axe auto on necro is close to worst auto in the game and we get this haha..

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

It looks horrible on my female Sylvari. The original animation was aggressive and savage now it looks like I’m swinging a fairy wand from some Disney movie.

And the off-hand disappears too!

(edited by Straylight.7529)

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Hi all,
The animation of this ability has changed so that the attacks occur later in the skill, fixing the draw to constantly cancel the ability for an unintended increase in damage. The overall active time of the ability hasn’t moved (remains 1 second flat), so there shouldn’t be any actual loss of damage as long as you’re not cancelling the ability early. The first strike now occurs at ~0.5 seconds in (slightly past it), while the second attack occurs closer to the 1 second mark than before.
There is a bug with the attack hiding your weapon, which was unintended and will be fixed.

-Karl

I still don’t understand why this change was implemented. Were there complaints? I haven’t seen anyone complain about this. In fact, this is a stupid NERF that should have been left alone until further issues were resolved with the axe, such as the limiting range. This is a step backwards for necromancer. THANKS KARL.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gmbcrew.6209

Gmbcrew.6209

There was no reason to slow the cast time for the axe when it was already weak to begin with. 0.2secs is a big deal in situations like WvW and overall will slow the necro play style slightly. If you were worried about people skill cancelling why not just lower the cast time from 1s to .8, therefore making the 2nd hit at the true end of the animation. If you don’t want to revert back then at least give the axe auto a damage buff or something to compensate. Also, the animations are slow and clunky.

I am also hearing the true cast time is 1.2s and not 1s like intended.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Randulf.7614

It will be interesting to see if there is any additional response to this thread. I expect it’ll be a case of it being dealt with and it’’s now final though.

It was at least good of them to at least state why it was changed even if it is a bit of a head scratcher as to why this animation was the best possible solution.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

There was no reason to slow the cast time for the axe when it was already weak to begin with. 0.2secs is a big deal in situations like WvW and overall will slow the necro play style slightly. If you were worried about people skill cancelling why not just lower the cast time from 1s to .8, therefore making the 2nd hit at the true end of the animation. If you don’t want to revert back then at least give the axe auto a damage buff or something to compensate. Also, the animations are slow and clunky.

I am also hearing the true cast time is 1.2s and not 1s like intended.

True cast time before was 3/4 seconds. True cast time now is 1 second.

Both before and now, the aftercast delay (the period before you can start casting any other skill) is .2 seconds. Total cycle time went from .95 seconds to 1.2 seconds.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

Haven’t been on the forum for ages but having seen the new animation I had to come on here and insist it be changed back. It looks bloody awful.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

You gotta be kittentin me right? Who actually animation canceled with this skill? Why would you even do it anyway? So that you could deal insanely weak damage a little bit faster? Or inflict vulnerability faster to a single target whereas other classes can do it without animation canceling?

I must be missing something, surely.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They weren’t trying to nerf Axe or its overall cast time, the point was to change the animation so that the overall chain-time and DPS is the same, but the animations are now front-loaded with no aftercast so that you can’t animation cancel. The implementation is debatable, and the animation looks awful now on Human Females, but it wasn’t planned to be a direct nerf.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I personally feel the new Charr animation looks awkward and ungainly. Looks as if though someone who’s never picked up an axe before decided to chop at something in self defense… repeatedly. Over and over again.

The old one was great as it matched the visual effects on the target – you carved and sliced through the air, and the target would have the visual claw marks to match.

The new animation does not match the visuals whatsoever. It looks more suited to a(n awkward) melee attack.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

They need to just completely change the skill to a chain skill. This is just dreadful and its getting worse each day I look at it. Especially considering how close I am to finishing frostfang.

Axe skill 1

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrenzyCat.9614

FrenzyCat.9614

If I wanted to use a scepter, I’d use a scepter.

There was nothing wrong with the animation before and it actually looked like rending claws would. I don’t see bears and the other ferocious creatures in the game waving their arms around like fairies when they’re mauling my face. Why should I look like one when I’m mauling faces?

I guess Reaper/GS will be my go-to for facemauling come HoT.