Imagine if the new condition...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

…was like DotA’s debuff Rupture.

Deals damage based on how far you walk while under it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Nm5pn4N4i3s#t=93s

Obviously it’s not going to happen (unless I’m psychic) but imagine how neat that would be within Guild Wars, especially on a necro? Could combo it with so much stuff, like fear, spectral grasp, or put down a bunch of wells and force them to either stand in the wells and take damage, or leave the wells and take damage. Even fits with the necro class description of being “difficult to disengage from”.

Anyone else got neat concept ideas for a new condition, horrendously OP or not?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Execrable.1064

Execrable.1064

Shamans in warhammer also had a “dot” like this. This would actually fit into the idea of necromancers being hard to get away from.

80s – elementalist, engineer, guardian, mesmer, necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Yes, this was suggested multiple times (by me as well) in the forums to discuss the new condition and skill. Personally I love the idea of DoT based on movement. It would basically be like Confusion except that it hits for movement rather than skill usage.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Like it, but it would have to have an intuitive graphic (like something snapping at them when they move, stops when they stop) or people would complain.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It’s an un-fun mechanic in my mind. The counterplay is to not move… oh great, that should be fun when I’m playing a thief and not moving means I die nearly instantly. I’m sure they could make the ticks not ridiculous when you move, but it just becomes an annoyance more of a fun, interesting interaction.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Apollo.7583

Apollo.7583

It’s an un-fun mechanic in my mind. The counterplay is to not move… oh great, that should be fun when I’m playing a thief and not moving means I die nearly instantly. I’m sure they could make the ticks not ridiculous when you move, but it just becomes an annoyance more of a fun, interesting interaction.

Kind of like how confusion is un-fun too but it happens to be way more spam-able. This would force classes to use their cleanse appropriately and decide what was worth cleansing. Allowing for our other skills like Chill to last rather than being cleansed. It would require us to determine which debuffs to put up because you wouldnt want Chill and this DoT on at the same time. Though it may get a bit ridiculous with terror builds…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Execrable.1064

Execrable.1064

Well the cool thing about the dot in warhammer was that it went away pretty fast once you stopped moving (that is, it didn’t last its full duration unless you moved the entire time). That allows for counter play. Really it’s a lot like confusion but with movement instead of skills being the trigger.

80s – elementalist, engineer, guardian, mesmer, necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thor Rising.7850

Thor Rising.7850

This is possibly my favorite suggestion I’ve seen for it yet. Kind of like weaken knees in gw1, though doing more damage for how far they walk rather than damage based on if they are moving.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

I like the OP’s idea, but unfortunately I think it would be almost completely useless in PVE, since many mobs are ranged, and melee ones would need to be kited endlessly, which is no good for your DPS, especially dagger MH users.

How about a condition that slowed the target’s attack speed (i.e., essentially the opposite of Quickness)? The result is that it drops the attackers overall DPS, and would be effective for pve/pvp/wvw. Call it “Melancholy”. Stack Melancholy with Weakness and the target’s DPS would really suffer, so balance would be somewhat tricky.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tael.5432

Tael.5432

I think this sounds like a great idea for a condition, it would have to last a fair amount of time, at least 8 seconds or longer though.

It’s a good idea because it fits so well with class description. How would this condition be applied though? Epidemic and the death shroud number 5?

Fairy Tael – Elementalist