Life Force outside combat suggestion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

I think they need to remove DS’s “hidden” power with 50% direct damage reduction, maybe even lower it to 50% of our HP, but then give us better life force generation options, maybe some extra ways to spend it, and some good generic defenses like invuln.

Wait, you take 50% less damage while in death shroud ?

Yes, why do you think it takes double the time to burst a necro in DS?

But honestly currently we need that 50% damage reduction due the lack of any defense other then DS.

Death Shroud is the necromancer’s unique mechanic providing some passive benefits and replacing the necromancer’s normal weapon skills with a fixed set of Death Shroud skills. It is fueled by life force and can be entered even while under control effects.

Death Shroud has a base 10-second recharge upon activation. Death Shroud ends either when the life force pool is completely depleted, or when manually deactivated. Leaving Death Shroud manually or due to life force depletion will trigger another 10-second cooldown before Death Shroud can be used again.
A minimum of 10% life force is required to enter Death Shroud.
While in Death Shroud, the necromancer’s health is temporarily replaced by their life force pool, and all damage dealt will be inflicted to the life force pool instead of the necromancer’s normal health pool.
While in Death Shroud, the necromancer naturally loses 4% of its total life force pool every second.
Necromancers cannot be healed while in Death Shroud (except for Unholy Sanctuary and Vampiric Presence). Effects that normally restore health will have no effect on either the life force pool or the necromancer’s regular health pool.
Skills and traits that refill life force will continue to function while in Death Shroud. However, the necromancer will not get life force from nearby deaths.
While in Death Shroud, upgrades, such as sigils, on the necromancer’s currently equipped weapon continue to function (with the exception of sigils that trigger on weapon swap). The weapon damage of the equipped weapon is applied to the Death Shroud skills, including any traits that affect the equipped weapon, such as Axe Training.
Traits and rune bonuses that trigger at health thresholds (such as Superior Rune of the Scholar) rely on the necromancer’s regular health pool, rather than their life force pool.
you dont get any damage reduction try it for yourself let a thief bs you in ds and not in ds and come back

You dont have to explain me what DS does… i play necro since release. And DS does indeed have a 50% damage reduction but it isnt showen in the combat log. Meaning you, lets say, see 5000 damage in the log but only 2500 LF is removed.
Test it on svanir or any enemy i dont care…

here is the test check no damage reduction first 1 is using ds second 1 is no ds

What the hell do you not understand in the damage reduction isnt shown in the combat log… Look at you LF bar…

triple check my lf bar and found not a 50% damage reduction but took little less damage from hits hit for 3k were 2.5k hits on lf

I also just checked it because you made me unsure but when svanir hit me for 2k (i was wearing soldiers and no dm traits) i only lost 1k LF. So i am sure that the 50% reduction still is there.

I did the test using zerker’s and he hits me for 3k and on bar damage is 2k did it again to make sure.

Ahh isnt that exactly what i was saying? 4% of a zerker necro LF bar is roughly 400-500 that added to 1,5k (also the half of 3k of the damage) would be roughly 2k. So the numbers you give me roughly translate to the 50% damage reduction…

ok did the math is a 34% damage retuction 3k hits = 2020 damage + 400 (lf degen) 2420 total damage
any way I think we got out of topic lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

DS is also mostly an Power Necro issue were for us its a Bread n Butter tool in both offence & defence. A Condi Necro ofc uses Torment,PoC and Doom but a Condi Necro does most of its dmg out of DS and only really have to worry about Stance Warrior or an occasional Ele that swapped to D-Skin cause he saw the Consumable of the poor guy comming towards him and tought lets kill this fight before it starts. A Power Necro have to worry about every single block/reflect and we do most of our dmg inside DS and every missed hit is just 1 step closer to defeat.

LF and DS is a superb mechanic on Paper but after 3y in reality it dosent Scale, it rarely out-sustains the inc dmg and with really any cleave options we cant make it function for 1vX.

As a Power Necro Reaper is what Iam hopeing for, will LF and new Shroud be better ? it looks a boost and new Shroud and GS is better suited for my style of Necro the Power based one. Specially intrested in ALL the cleave and LF-Gen on Shorud AA.

I know as a Nec u shouldnt really have hopes but Reaper is main and really only reason I still play.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

we should start with 100% LF.
this is our only defensive tool.
we got nothing else.
and that is also how we were designed.

so 100% LF is only fair.
we don’t ask other classes to start with less blocks or less invulnerability or less vigor or less protection or shorter duration immunities etc.

SO PLEASE DON’T ASK US TO START WITH LESS Lifeforce. IT IS OUR DEFENSE!

we dont have invulnerability
we dont have stability
we dont have block
we dont have blind
we dont have blink
we dont have invis
we dont have immune physical damage
we dont have immune condi damage
we dont have leaps
we dont have teleports
we dont have grabs
we dont have vigor
we dont have evades
we dont have protection

We have some of these things. They need refining but we have them.
Also 100% would be to much to start at. I honestly think we should start at 10 or 20%. No point in being locked out of the class mechanic which entirely holds us back.

We should start with 30-50% though. (Best would be 30% and slowly regenerating to 30% .) Because, let’s face it, even Necromancers are alive, which means they should have some excess Life Force avaiable. You cannot go below a certain threshhold cause that would kill you, but it you should have some a spend.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

we got nothing else.

so 100% LF is only fair.
we don’t ask other classes to start with less blocks or less invulnerability or less vigor or less protection or shorter duration immunities etc.

we dont have stability
we dont have block
we dont have blind
we dont have blink
we dont have invis
we dont have leaps
we dont have teleports
we dont have grabs
we dont have vigor
we dont have evades
we dont have protection

Also 100% would be to much to start at. I honestly think we should start at 10 or 20%. No point in being locked out of the class mechanic which entirely holds us back.

We should start with 30-50% though. (Best would be 30% and slowly regenerating to 30% .) Because, let’s face it, even Necromancers are alive, which means they should have some excess Life Force avaiable. You cannot go below a certain threshhold cause that would kill you, but it you should have some a spend.

problem this is a nerf kills trait thats boost power on lf and make us more easy to kill also make lf gain on death’s useless

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

we got nothing else.

so 100% LF is only fair.

we dont have stability
we dont have block
we dont have blind
we dont have blink
we dont have invis
we dont have leaps
we dont have teleports
we dont have grabs
we dont have vigor
we dont have evades
we dont have protection

problem this is a nerf kills trait thats boost power on lf and make us more easy to kill also make lf gain on death’s useless

Always starting with 30% LF and regenerating to 30% if below that (no change if above that) would be a nerf. Wat.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140