Minionmancers are saved

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Profession Skills
Fixed a bug that prevented minions from quickly targeting your attack target.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I shall not hold out hope.

Ok I lied PLEASE GRENTH LET THIS BE TRUE!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

(edited by TheLastNobody.8319)

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Don’t believe it.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

good good

but lets see if it works first. cause this isn’t the first time they’ve fixed that buy

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I hope that it’s fixed once and for all

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Now we just need “minions can cross small gaps” and “minions move at increased movement speed when faced with a high amount of terrain” (I’ve seen this done successfully before, probably having to do with distance from target and estimated path distance being compared, no idea, but still needs to happen.)

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deepfreeze.1048

Deepfreeze.1048

This is an amazing first step. They actually all swap target together, as a group, and do so within about a second of you switching target.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rav.9475

Rav.9475

As an added bonus they also rally people!

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

Ahhhh crud you’re kidding? Well….least it can work in PvE now I guess.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS!
Sorry for caps, but I’ve been itching for a minionmancer build that actually works.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jimmy.1476

Jimmy.1476

I tested minions in wvw and they are great now,they attack every target fast and without problems,flesh golem too.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Wow… Just wow. Cannot wait to pick my b’day dye and play MM.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS!
Sorry for caps, but I’ve been itching for a minionmancer build that actually works.

Same, after trying out Rise my theory crafting and build making has been dying to get on board with making a viable Condi minion man we.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: jakakettu.9083

jakakettu.9083

It seems to work quite nicely!
One thing I noticed that they attack your target only. Just select target and press any attack skill and they will got for your target.
As for example go to the heart of the Mists and target a Golem that is not near you. Then cleave a another golem in front of you and they will go for the target instead of the Golem you’re actually hitting.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Took about three years, but I think they got it down.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Minions AI issues >>
- They don’t always attack our target.
- They don’t switch targets when we do.
- They don’t quit combat when we do.
- They shouldn’t attack unless we do even if they were hit. ( This issue forces us to enter combat mode when we don’t want to )

All of these issues are fixed , hail Anet !
We are meta now
With Rise! Reaper’s skill , we will be gods

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

This must be the twilight zone.

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

Ehmm … I’m either not competent at reading the patch notes or this is about to get fixed, because I’m 90% sure I was getting rallied whenever a Bone Minion / Jagged Horror of me died just now. I rallied 3 times in a row and was still surrounded by enemies.

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Waiting for Bhawb’s stream now.

Hype Boyz!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

Ehmm … I’m either not competent at reading the patch notes or this is about to get fixed, because I’m 90% sure I was getting rallied whenever a Bone Minion / Jagged Horror of me died just now. I rallied 3 times in a row and was still surrounded by enemies.

So…wait are enemies rallying off our minions or are we rallying off our minions, or both?

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

CastIron.7364

So…wait are enemies rallying off our minions or are we rallying off our minions, or both?

Can’t be sure about enemies, as I’m not an experienced MM and still get confused by so many NPCs around me, but I am definitely rallying out of nowhere and I always hear Death Novas sound effect accompanying it. On the other hand enemies didn’t seem to rally more often than before.
And no Death Nova doesn’t one-shot my enemies.

Shaak ~
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rav.9475

Rav.9475

Can’t be sure about enemies, as I’m not an experienced MM and still get confused by so many NPCs around me, but I am definitely rallying out of nowhere and I always hear Death Novas sound effect accompanying it. On the other hand enemies didn’t seem to rally more often than before.
And no Death Nova doesn’t one-shot my enemies.

Me neither. Need someone with an arena to be certain but I am fairly sure people rallied when my minions died.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

CastIron.7364

Also there is this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Rally-off-of-mesmer-clones
So we better wait for an official response.

Shaak ~

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

Ok ok guys, nice joke but troll is over. Minions do not actually attack now right? You got me good haha.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Anet said that , I played for 2 hours without any AI bugs

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakunaito.9602

Dakunaito.9602

Minions AI issues >>
- They don’t always attack our target.
- They don’t switch targets when we do.
- They don’t quit combat when we do.
- They shouldn’t attack unless we do even if they were hit. ( This issue forces us to enter combat mode when we don’t want to )

All of these issues are fixed , hail Anet !
We are meta now
With Rise! Reaper’s skill , we will be gods

it only took almost 3 years to get fixed

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

They are more responsive then I ever remember. Thanks Anet, this has revitalized my interest in the spec that brought me to the game and profession.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

ok just played it, they work pretty kitten good in pve and pvp I’ll admit, but they still seem to have problems pathing in wvw (consistently) but then again that doesn’t surprise me since there’s so many buggy spots in wvw now like in camps where you can be standing on flat ground and get obstructed bugs, so maybe it’s not their fault but w/e terrain bug that is

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Hype Boyz!

Yeah I wouldn’t wait too much, moved back to my room for university, and the internet here is complete garbage. Tried to play a game of League yesterday and would spike from 100-300 ping constantly.

That said, this looks really nice. Assuming it fixes the issues associated with minions, which it absolutely should fix the most basic ones, this is a great start. Still need to look at the fact that minions have to stop to attack so even if they have a target they can be infinitely kited after 1 attack, and some things related to being too easy to kite, but still a great start.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

I haven’t checked yet. But reddit seems to be full of necro’s who say that minions finally respond properly.
They attack, they move as a group and when you swap target, they swap target as well (not always what you want, but it’s an improvement either way).

Again though, haven’t checked yet. Mostly hearsay.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hype Boyz!

Yeah I wouldn’t wait too much, moved back to my room for university, and the internet here is complete garbage. Tried to play a game of League yesterday and would spike from 100-300 ping constantly.

That said, this looks really nice. Assuming it fixes the issues associated with minions, which it absolutely should fix the most basic ones, this is a great start. Still need to look at the fact that minions have to stop to attack so even if they have a target they can be infinitely kited after 1 attack, and some things related to being too easy to kite, but still a great start.

:(

I’m moving back in a week so I will be able to stream more often in exchange, I have waay better connection where I study :P

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

They are a hell of a lot better now, this made more of an impact than I thought, it’s incredible!

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Me and a guildie ran AC story with all minions, and it worked well. Then we and two others ran CoE p1 and… It went astonishingly well. Granted, minions are still somewhat tricky to use in that context, but, by Grenth, the deeps went up and it was great

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Such a tiny little note (fixed a bug) and what an impact. Minion AI after the patch works great. Finally!

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

Well i just got back and tried it…..oh dear lord, it’s so amazing, I need Rise! back now for my Condi-minionmancer! It’s so amazing having minions work the way they are supposed to! THEY EVEN MATCH YOUR MOVEMENT SPEED NOW! Granted they will lag behind if you go over bumpy terrain but they are speed demons now! I’m even running with the 25% movement speed on dagger trait!

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

do minions still die under water?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

do minions still die under water?

If you have them slotted in your bar on land and in water, no they don’t. As has been the case for quite some time. The only minion that always dies in water is the flesh golem. And, of course, the ground targeted Flesh Wurm can’t be used under water

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crion.8465

Crion.8465

I just tested, they attack instantly. I’m loving it, now I can finally use minions. Even the jagged horrors attack

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Logging in right now to check all your lies and innuendo about minions “working.” Pfft I wasn’t born yesterday.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Logging in right now to check all your lies and innuendo about minions “working.” Pfft I wasn’t born yesterday.

Prepare to eat your words and cry tears of joy like the rest of us, my friend

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

how are they in a PvP setting?

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

So, is MM the (second) best necro build in sPvP now?

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Thats what I’m trying to test out but I’m at my annual point of being fed up with GW2 so I doubt I’ll get very far in pushing the build to its limits.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Well , I think it’s the best one now. Six transferred conditions per 10 secs , amazing healing , their good actives & flesh armor ( wastes foes AOE ).

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I tried Twilight Arbor with minions. :p They still died to intense AoE and conditions but were much more responsive.

Yah!

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

I tried Twilight Arbor with minions. :p They still died to intense AoE and conditions but were much more responsive.

Yah!

One plus to that, though, is that they tend to cap the AoE limit, which protects your team, even if they die. So, theoretically, minions might be able to be more (i.e.: actually) viable in dungeons now that they cooperate much better

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Minions are a solid thing to use in PvE (note, don’t actually run an “MM” build, run DPS with minions) when you realize your group is garbage and needs the help. The tanking is decent.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Minions are a solid thing to use in PvE (note, don’t actually run an “MM” build, run DPS with minions) when you realize your group is garbage and needs the help. The tanking is decent.

What do mean by that, exactly, Bhawb? Would a soldier minion build fit the bill?

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I don’t see how. I mean, if ranger pets are melting right now and that’s a chief ranger complaint, imagine minions who are even squishier to cleave/aoe spam.

Minionmancers are saved

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I ran full zerker/scholar dagger/focus/staff with blood magic, death magic, and soul reaping and all minions, not relying on the minions for much of anything but it was great watching them spawn and get right to business.