Necro confirmed OP by Anet

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Before i start i want you to know this… I do not have any kind of proof for what im about to say, but i can say this: i am not lying, this is all true but if you dont want to believe me… Fine, but it is…

Ok so.. i watched a stream now, some guy were playing Gw2 and he had an Anet employee on his stream (Not sure who, since i joined the stream late) and they came into the topic necro and torment.

They started talking about terror and dhuumfire when the Anet guy said something along the lines of: “I don’t think torment is OP at all, but it is the combination of burning and terror that is”

Also, he stated that: “Necromancers got buffed in this patch, so they are now alot easier to do good with, maybe to easy. If the player is experiences, necromancer are very OP”

Someone asked HOW they are going to adjust necro’s and he answered: “We are going to adjust the damage terror does, since thats where they are OP because of all the fear they can apply. Also, we don’t want to change the core of necromancer like bleeds, because we dont want to ruin the main builds”

Again, i have no proof of this, but it is true.. believe me or not, but expect a terror nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

I’d say Necromancer OP when we will be able to go around in berserker gear and survive like mesmers and thieves do abitually.
The trade in dealing so many damages with no mobility, escape mechanisms and lack of design is fair as it’s now.

It was predictable by the way with a team which releases an incomplete game and waits 10 months to review the basis of its investiment.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’d rather they just took burning away then adjust terror. Or change burning to torment and change the durations and cool down.

How they didn’t see all this being strong is beyond me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

If they buff survivability significantly while decreasing some of the damage by Terror, I am Ok with the change. Also Jonathan Sharp did say they were looking into giving Necros an escape option.

But.. If we do get bad buffs and big nerfs to damage we will be at square one again. If that’s the case we can then chase Zombify with fire and pitchforks : P

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It was SotG. Yeah basically they agreed necro’s condi pressure is too much and needs to be nerfed. But they are going to be buffing necro survivability to compensate.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Compared to my ranger, necromancer is OP. Then again, compared to my ranger. . . .

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

This was also confirmed to some extent yesterday in the State of the Game discussion. There is currently a bug which makes sigil of paralyzation (stun duration increase) actually affect fears as well. This bug is allowing up to 30% increase in duration that is unintended. That bug is getting fixed in next patch.

Other than that, ANet agrees, the combination of burning and DOT damage from terror is probably over the top. Look to have terror adjusted, either by reducing damage or by moving it to a Grandmaster trait, or both.

Also, Dhuumfire may get changed to apply stacks of torment instead of burning.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Also, we don’t want to change the core of necromancer like bleeds, because we dont want to ruin the main builds

How is Terror not the core of all condi builds, just like bleeding??
Many condition builds don’t even use Dhuum, so this would just be a nerf to those builds unless they retrait for burning.

Dhuumfire needs to go, not Terror nerfed.

In fact, they could replace Dhuumfire with a similar trait that does 1 or 2 stacks of torment instead of burning. Problem solved.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

In fact, they could replace Dhuumfire with a similar trait that does 1 or 2 stacks of torment instead of burning. Problem solved.

Burning kind of fits into a Power/COnd.duration-traitline because even if not specced for condition, it does fairly high damage.
Torment on the other hand has the lowest base damage of all damaging conditions and in my opinion would be very misplaced in Spite.
So i really hope they dont change it to torment without moving it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So…anyone have a link to the state of the game? Google is failing me on this one.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/b/425001837
(The main part about the necro starts at around 32:34)

(edited by Reesha.7901)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Sounds about right, terror and burning is a very potent combination, since fear disables a person also. All good to me, I dont use terror anymore :p

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Burning kind of fits into a Power/COnd.duration-traitline because even if not specced for condition, it does fairly high damage.
Torment on the other hand has the lowest base damage of all damaging conditions and in my opinion would be very misplaced in Spite.
So i really hope they dont change it to torment without moving it.

If you’re not specced for conditions you will take Close to Death anyway. On the other hand: there is no reason for condi builds not to take Terror if they have Dhuumfire as well. And that is too strong, not only because of the damage that burning does itself, but it’s an additional condition. Other classes can’t always cleanse every condition on them at once. Many builds on other classes rely on 1 condi removed every X seconds.
So if burning was replaced by torment, it would not only give the much needed damage reduction, but also allow more effective cleanses for other players.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Don’t really care if they nerf terror (Frankly it would still be good even at the base level without conditions), but that really forces everyone to then build 30/20/10. It is a bad fix, that gives us one option, destroy anyone who hopes to avoid 30 in spite.

I don’t really get the “because of all the fear they can apply”. If that was the problem, remove fear from spectral wall and rework that skill into something else (i dont know…. like what it was before perhaps?). All the tpvp necros run nightmare for the extra fear there too…

And it wouldn’t matter if Anet confirmed it or not (even covertly). If everyone in Pvp thinks necros are OP, and they post angrily about it, they will get nerfed. That has been the way Anet looks at things since launch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

people like the ones in this thread NEEDS TO UNDESTAND THA DUNNFIRE DOES NOTHING IN PVE, and dhunnfire +terror is just ok in 1vs1 situation, AND, If were talking about 1vs then turn back to the mesmer with 5 stacks of Torment with scepter.. but who uses scepter anyway XDDD…

but ok going back to the OP, not every necro runs a build of dhun+terror… its not like when the times of the BS thiefs when EVERY SINGLE THIEF Where runing signet+100crit when stealth and could 1shoot everyone…

AND. OMG dhun+terror OP, its like 2 seconds where i cant do nothing more than take the fire+terror+damage+x condition damage… I BLAME YOU IF YOU DONT USE A STUN BREAK/CLEANSE with ANY class has plenty alreaddy. cause you got allreaddy 3 UTILITY slots wich are for… UTILITY the real damage things are in your 1/2/3/4/5…

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

in Necromancer

cyst.3108

why can every body comphrend that every specialiced build in X thing lacks a lot in x, x, x and x thing??? necros are the only class that can t scape reliabli from a fight necros is not a class that evades damage its a classs that stays and the the butt kicked if a necro is killing you …. shame… you got scape options (mesmers, guardians, … every class can scape from a necro)…

in Necromancer

Posted by: SilverUniverse.7103

SilverUniverse.7103

why can every body comphrend that every specialiced build in X thing lacks a lot in x, x, x and x thing??? necros are the only class that can t scape reliabli from a fight necros is not a class that evades damage its a classs that stays and the the butt kicked if a necro is killing you …. shame… you got scape options (mesmers, guardians, … every class can scape from a necro)…

because in an MMO that says damage is not the only important thing in the game, all balances are measured by damage… and sPvP

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Don’t really care if they nerf terror (Frankly it would still be good even at the base level without conditions), but that really forces everyone to then build 30/20/10. It is a bad fix, that gives us one option, destroy anyone who hopes to avoid 30 in spite.

Exactly.

I just watched the SotG video. I was really happy that jon sharp added “..same for the necro” when they talked about worriors and said “he doesn’t have the healing and cleansing anyway so why not just go all in, try to get a kill and then go down.” Because that really is what the necro is about without mobility and escapes, and that’s why an all out aggressive 30/30/10 build is more rewarding than trying to somehow increase your sustain, which ultimately will fail anyway in 1v2+.

And that is why this

every specialiced build in X thing lacks a lot in x, x, x and x thing

…does not apply. All you can do is more counterpressure, which is too strong atm.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I personally think Terror should be grandmaster, withering precision should be buffed and lingering curse should be moved to the master tier.

Spite minor traits need to be completely overhauled.

in Necromancer

cyst.3108

3/4 seconds of burn every 10 seconds OMG yeh its OP -.-’’ spirith weapon guardian can Permaburn you alive….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

I wanted to say that lowering terror damage would screw up a pure terrormancer without burning(was thinking about pre patch terrormancer). But if they only lower the damage and keep the fear on spectral wall and the improved doom version, that might actually work. I would personally prefer seeing burning go along with reworking spectral wall back.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I personally think Terror should be grandmaster, withering precision should be buffed and lingering curse should be moved to the master tier.

Just forcing people to go 30/30/10 then….

The only way you fix the problem with necro burst is if your force people to choose between burning and terror, or put the burning on an oddball weapon (like axe).

Terror + burning exceeds by far any condition pressure anyone else can do. Yes its only single target, but PVP is based around small scale fights, and then there is always the elephant in the room with epidemic.

You could modify axe training to include the burn on axe crits, and remove the cooldown reduction (but keep the damage boost). That forces the condition to a weapon not suited for it, making it less effective.

Or swap close to death and axe training, and give axe skill 3 the burning effect in an AOE.

The lesson they learned here was that the one popular and effective necro build didn’t need the buff. The sad sad power versions did. I for one would love to see anyone running axe in WvW, and if it had AOE burning, I would run it.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

3/4 seconds of burn every 10 seconds OMG yeh its OP -.-’’ spirith weapon guardian can Permaburn you alive….

It’s 4 sec base duration +30% from spite. So if you have Dhuum you automatically get 50% burning uptime on your opponent without any +condi duration.

But I guess you’re right, we all know the scary stories of the op gurdian burning…

Parasitic Bond is good.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

@Rennoko

I know what your getting at. But atleast with my change if you want burning for extra pressure you are very restricted. At the moment you can go 30/20/10/0/10 for pretty good lifeforce generation. Its not a big change but I think it will make people think more about whether they want to restrict themselves that much. Obviously dhuumfire or terror needs to be nerfed numbers wise aswell but thats a given. The other option is to put both dhuumfire and terror in curses grandmaster but then id imagine thats not a very popular idea.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Parasitic Bond is good.

I think its better suited for blood magic and not really spite. I feel like the Spite line minors are far to focused on sustain. Parasitic bond is ok to keep as it is though i guess. But death into life is completey crap seeing as healing power is useless on necro and it doesnt fit with a power tree imo.

And siphoned power must be a joke. Might when hit under 25% hp? So being rewarded for being a bad player and almost dead. Should be changed to something like might on crits or give the group 5 stacks of might when entering DS. Or just another damage modifier.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sas.6483

sas.6483

They started talking about terror and dhuumfire when the Anet guy said something along the lines of: “I don’t think torment is OP at all, but it is the combination of burning and terror that is”

Also, he stated that: “Necromancers got buffed in this patch, so they are now alot easier to do good with, maybe to easy. If the player is experiences, necromancer are very OP”

Someone asked HOW they are going to adjust necro’s and he answered: “We are going to adjust the damage terror does, since that’s where they are OP because of all the fear they can apply. Also, we don’t want to change the core of necromancer like bleeds, because we dont want to ruin the main builds”

Good to know that the ANet devs can’t do math; don’t realize that terror / conditions was a main build before burning; don’t understand that if they nerf terror 30/20/10 is even more forced than it already is.

- Dr Ebola

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Compared to my ranger, necromancer is OP. Then again, compared to my ranger. . . .

Compared to your ranged every guardian is a sissy *seriously just return to signet BM troll cleric, but swap shortbow for longbow, nothing can down you*, and thats kinda what necros need, not more pressure.

On the topic of terror, torment, burning and bleeds.
First off Terror base damage needs a 13% buff, but the +50% while other condis on it needs to go, yes nemesis might disagree, but it seriously turns the damage too if combined with the entire fear build (what makes terror as itself sadly too strong, being ok on most other builds). Second On hit effects like Dhuum and Withering need to have target cds, not internal on character (you know like ele swap effects and on target procs), third torment should actually be in place of Weakness on withering, since its still post weakness buffs not worth taking on any build except the wonky half hybrid half zerker axe/focus & staff 0/30/10/0/30 build...

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nebiros.4801

Nebiros.4801

If necromancer had these skills from the get go we would not be considered OP. The main problem is vast majority of specifically wvw players have never lost to a necromancer and now they have. Player in my guild was raging yesterday due to first loss ever to a necro and was screaming OP. That mentality is ramped in all the gw2 forums. Next patch we will most likely be worse off then before. So many are so accustomed to owning necros they will rage until that is back to the way it was. This is based on wvw I have never spvp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

As a powermancer that uses neither fear nor fire I approve the added survivability I won’t have to give up anything for.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

With regard to Terror, I am not sure why they are thinking it is OP, as Terror has not changed, and in fact moved up to the master slot. Nothing changed with the duration trait at all. I agree that symbol of paralyzation should have no impact on fear. Fine with me. Remove it. In addition, I don’t think they should make it a grandmaster trait, beacuse it seems to act similarly to MUG for thieves. Moreover, Fear can be cleansed with a condi clear, or a stun break. so give me a break.

Terror + Burning: Ok, I agree that you can now spike with burning, and i find it very effective. Do I think it is OP? Not really, as it is really only good in a one v one situation. I think it has drastically increased my damage in a one v one without a doubt. HOWEVER, I think the issue is really is the combination of the base increases in fear, coupled with terror, and burning, and the paralysis sigil. Basically, they all combine to make it a bit over the top. Instead of nerfing Terror, they should go back to 1 sec fear durations on all our fears, and remove the kitten effect from the sigil. That way, mathmatically you nerf all the effects of fear + terror + burning without damaging some of increase in condition pressure that we needed to get.

They are goign to overshoot again, and nerf us back down to being nothings, because they did exactly what they said they would not do, wack-a-moled us. If they got rid of the sigil and nerfed base fear, we would be able to still have condi pressure, butnot put someone in a fear lock, though fear/terror would still be useful.

Why I don’t want to see massive changes, because I can now roam effectively in WVW, and be viable in bigger fights. I can add condition pressure, and there is reason to run conditions in wvw. they nerf our condi pressure abilities, and bam, all necros are back to running with zergs, or running power builds only because condi pressure goes away with all the cleanses that are out there. They will F us in PVP and WVW.

I too agree that people are raging because now they have to take us seriously, run a condition cleanse ability, or a stun break, and not just ignore us until we are the last target. Anet now has justification to nerf us further, and i truly believe we will be worse off than before, with likely a stupid shadow blink skill that will take up a utility slot. yay… shadowwalk, a generic mobility skill to add to our pitiful lineup. I actually liked seeing the increase in necros. because now it was not just 100 mesmers, thieves, and ele’s out there, with a few guardians and rangers. Now we will go back to their precious classes reigning supreme again. Poor babies, they feel sorry for them

(edited by Gryph.8237)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

If necromancer had these skills from the get go we would not be considered OP. The main problem is vast majority of specifically wvw players have never lost to a necromancer and now they have. Player in my guild was raging yesterday due to first loss ever to a necro and was screaming OP. That mentality is ramped in all the gw2 forums. Next patch we will most likely be worse off then before. So many are so accustomed to owning necros they will rage until that is back to the way it was. This is based on wvw I have never spvp.

That’s what happens when developers forum balance instead of doing play testing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

The hybrid PvP build is the glass cannon, and it’s not OP… it’s the equivalent of a thief that can 3 shot a player then disappear in stealth.
The damage is very high i agree… but we don’t have the escape mechanisms and any chance to survive being focused in a fight. Finally i could have called it a fair trade…

If they take our damage away without making us less vulnerable to being focus fired down and also chase/escape then we are back to where we started.
God kitten noobs and their crying about “hey… necromancers fight back now, we want our free kill back wtf”.

No my friends… a really skilled thief can stay in stealth a lot more then he is visible while applying damage, a really skilled mesmer has a very small window of opportunity to be damaged at all… a guardian will heal even vs 3, a necromancer should “something”.

Also… at best you can get 1600 condition damage in PvP, and at 1600 condition damage burning does 728, 6 stacks of bleeding do 738 damage.

Burning might seem strong, but if you think about it… the average bleed stacking in PvP is about 10 stacks, players don’t allow more then 10 stacks on them at any given time. With burning we are at about 2k dps… 3k DPS with fear.

It’s not bad… you need 8 seconds to kill someone if he doesn’t remove bleeds… at the same time, that’s about how much a thief needs to kill you if you don’t counter him properly as well.

Finally we have sort of a balance… and they want to take it away from us.

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

The hybrid PvP build is the glass cannon, and it’s not OP… it’s the equivalent of a thief that can 3 shot a player then disappear in stealth.
The damage is very high i agree… but we don’t have the escape mechanisms and any chance to survive being focused in a fight. Finally i could have called it a fair trade…

If they take our damage away without making us less vulnerable to being focus fired down and also chase/escape then we are back to where we started.
God kitten noobs and their crying about “hey… necromancers fight back now, we want our free kill back wtf”.

No my friends… a really skilled thief can stay in stealth a lot more then he is visible while applying damage, a really skilled mesmer has a very small window of opportunity to be damaged at all… a guardian will heal even vs 3, a necromancer should “something”.

Also… at best you can get 1600 condition damage in PvP, and at 1600 condition damage burning does 728, 6 stacks of bleeding do 738 damage.

Burning might seem strong, but if you think about it… the average bleed stacking in PvP is about 10 stacks, players don’t allow more then 10 stacks on them at any given time. With burning we are at about 2k dps… 3k DPS with fear.

It’s not bad… you need 8 seconds to kill someone if he doesn’t remove bleeds… at the same time, that’s about how much a thief needs to kill you if you don’t counter him properly as well.

Finally we have sort of a balance… and they want to take it away from us.

I feel certain they will incremental fix the issues. Walk back terror damage a bit, maybe move a few traits around. I just don’t see them drastically reverting anything at this point. Although, that did happen with some player buffs historically, so I guess it isn’t out of the question.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Necros have never ever been free kills, for any class. If anyone got that impression he just never fought a good player.

Also, this is the necro forum, we the necro players say that the damage is too much.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nebiros.4801

Nebiros.4801

Just to add something else it has been darn nice for the first time in 10 months to be asked to join groups on my original class instead of encouraged to get on another class. I am certain we need 1 more thief or ranger in wvw which I will undoubtedly go back too.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

I just watched the thingy on twitch. Well… there goes my hybrid PvP build. I finally had a build that had 100% fear duration in SPvP… thank god i didn’t posted it. Would have been a lot of editing work for nothing.

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Necros have never ever been free kills, for any class. If anyone got that impression he just never fought a good player.

Also, this is the necro forum, we the necro players say that the damage is too much.

Don’t confuse too much damage with slightly over the top. Most agree that one particular combo (30/20/10/x/x) has too much power, and synergizes too well. That is the only scenario where the damage is too much. Break up that trinity of traits, and you solve the problem.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

For PvP or PvE ?… in PvE burning is sort of bleh, only counts if you spread it… and we could spread it even before. Necromancers had AoE burning even before…

In PvP it is strong, really strong… but we are the squishy ones… thief is squishy too but he has stealth, we have nothing. That damage would be OP only if it stays on the target… but we all know that in real PvP scenarios conditions don’t last very long…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

As a powermancer that uses neither fear nor fire I approve the added survivability I won’t have to give up anything for.

Yeah, some good suggestions in this thread so far for power necros. Increase survivability and add burning to axe on crit. :P

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Yeah, some good suggestions in this thread so far for power necros. Increase survivability and add burning to axe on crit. :P

Burning to axe ?… a condition to a power weapon… that makes a lot of sense…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I didn’t suggest it, but I think it’s a great idea. ;-D

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

With regard to Terror, I am not sure why they are thinking it is OP, as Terror has not changed, and in fact moved up to the master slot. Nothing changed with the duration trait at all. I agree that symbol of paralyzation should have no impact on fear. Fine with me. Remove it. In addition, I don’t think they should make it a grandmaster trait, beacuse it seems to act similarly to MUG for thieves. Moreover, Fear can be cleansed with a condi clear, or a stun break. so give me a break.

The trait wasn’t changed, but Doom at 600 range or less has half a second of extra Fear now.
It may not sound like much but with the ridiculous amounts of duration stacking going on it makes quite a difference.

Additionally Spectral Wall used to have no Fear at all.
Plus you have to remember that Death Shroud got a new skill, so you get Torment for free on Condition builds now.

Some Professions can reliably run massive amounts of condition removal, but others (such as Mesmers) are very vulnerable to it.

With that said I, too, am worried they overnerf it.
But honestly?
I just want more survivability in Death Shroud.
It’d make every single Necro build better.

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Don’t confuse too much damage with slightly over the top. Most agree that one particular combo (30/20/10/x/x) has too much power, and synergizes too well. That is the only scenario where the damage is too much. Break up that trinity of traits, and you solve the problem.

Yeah of course, I was only referring to that trait combo anyway. But seeing how popular it is atm…

For PvP or PvE ?… in PvE burning is sort of bleh, only counts if you spread it… and we could spread it even before. Necromancers had AoE burning even before…

In PvP it is strong, really strong… but we are the squishy ones… thief is squishy too but he has stealth, we have nothing. That damage would be OP only if it stays on the target… but we all know that in real PvP scenarios conditions don’t last very long…

PvP.

I’d argue that the squishyness of necros depends on the utilities you run.
@cleansing in real PvP scenarios: if you fight many vs many and players run group cleanses then maybe… but this discussion was about 1v1s anyway, and no class can cleanse burning every 10 seconds on top of bleeding/torment/fear (and maybe chill, poison, weakness, cripple, immobilized).
Like chaplan said in the video, burning takes up another cleansing spot, so when mixed with all the other conditions it simply gets too much.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Yeah of course, I was only referring to that trait combo anyway. But seeing how popular it is atm…

PvP.

I’d argue that the squishyness of necros depends on the utilities you run.
@cleansing in real PvP scenarios: if you fight many vs many and players run group cleanses then maybe… but this discussion was about 1v1s anyway, and no class can cleanse burning every 10 seconds on top of bleeding/torment/fear (and maybe chill, poison, weakness, cripple, immobilized).
Like chaplan said in the video, burning takes up another cleansing spot, so when mixed with all the other conditions it simply gets too much.

Bunker elementalists can… hmmm… not sure now, but they could in the past. They don’t have to remove all of it, just half and that’s that…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Actually, that combo isn’t the problem, and hopefully they don’t go after it that way.

If they break up the Terror, Dhuumfire, Greater Marks trio, then people will just go to full duration terror builds that will still be effective because you will get an additional tick on more Fears and be carrying a 4s fear on Reaper’s Protection.

If they nerf terror damage in addition to breaking up those 3 traits, then they will kill condition Necros all together, because they are not good enough without strong Fear damage or better access to burning than what they currently have.

If they turn Fear into a condition only that is no longer treated like a stun and no longer affected by Paralyzation, Stability, Stun reducing traits/runes or stun breaks then they are on the right track. The ability to self-cleanse a Terror Burst without a stun break would be enough of a nerf.

Nemesis is right that the damage isn’t too much, but I do think a tweak is in order. The issue is a matter of the stun/condition duality that Fear currently exists as (it is the only thing like it in the game). Eliminate that unique characteristic and you have balanced it relative to other conditions in the game. It is no longer a burst+stun lock all in one. Everything falls into place.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I think adding burning was the mistake. It doesn’t fit with the death theme of necros and we could have gotten the same increase if they boosted the damage of our existing conditions…or even if they made torment stronger for us. I also feel that dhummfire is out of place as a grandmaster trait in the power tree.

I think terror is fine just like it is. Everyone is crying about it, but the duration is so short (less than 2 seconds base) and its breakable by stun breaks. They just spread stun breaks out to more abilities…I don’t see the issue here.

I think the cool down on spectral armor is still to long. still 60 second base cd on spectral armor…for 6 second duration?!? All it gives is life force when you take damage and protection for 6 seconds. I think the cd needs to be half of what it currently is AND provide stability.

Despite all the QQ, I think spectral wall needs to be buffed actually…it should block projectiles…hence the name spectral “wall”. Otherwise, just have it be a ground field like wells.

Spectral walk could use tweak too. That green trail is decent for flavor, but I think necros could stand to have at least one decent escape mechanism…change that to stealth instead of the green trail..at least that would be something functional and give melee necros and escape.

Oh yeah…cleave for axe and dagger please!

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Just to clarify this, as I just listened to that SOTG part listed above. They have already fixed the sigil, so I expecte that will be patched out Tuesday. Guess I need to find a new offhand sigil.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I played around with burning in Malchor’s Leap last night and decided it was very situational whether it is worth traiting for. I needed enough crit chance to get it to proc as often as I wanted. That meant putting a lot of points into Curses or wearing a lot of precision gear. It forced me toward a glass cannon build, which would be nice if I had better damage avoidance skills. It worked okay for trash mobs but trying to take on veterans with knock-downs while attempting to dodge catapult fire highlighted the low stamina of the class. I started wishing for a more tanky build after trying on all of my gear types.

Having a condition that procs on crit placed in Spite at Grandmaster is just goofy. It is like Arenanet wanted to nerf it from the outset. If they wanted to limit Necromancer’s dps, they could have placed it in Death or Blood Magic. Instead, Dhuumfire seems made for the hybrid glass cannon or power/fear builds. This probably contributes to the perception that Necromancer is OP.

If Arenanet wanted to improve Necromancer’s sustainability in combat, I would have buffed spectral skills more; particularly in shortening SA’s CD and making SW an AoE dome to add more tankiness rather than encouraging the glass cannon builds. I would love to have a dome that adds protection and vigor or retaliation instead of a wall that adds protection and fear

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Just move Terror to a GM trait and be done with it. To be honest I don’t think anyone is being forced to take the Burning trait, I prefer my 0/20/10/0/20 with some leftovers to the Dhuumfire triat. I feel studier and have more control over team fights than I do with burning on a 10 second cooldown.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

In PvP it is strong, really strong… but we are the squishy ones… thief is squishy too but he has stealth, we have nothing.

b-b-but nemesis, we have death shroud! LOL!