Necromancer Patch notes discussion

in Necromancer

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

Necromancer

• Fixed a bug that caused some minions to be overly aggressive.
  • Mark of Evasion: This trait no longer enables players to break knockback effects.
  • Necrotic Traversal: Fixed a bug which caused this skill’s descriptionto display an incorrect amount of poison damage.
  • Spinal Shivers: Fixed a bug which caused this skill to enter its full cooldown if used when facing away from the target.

This: Fixed a bug that caused some minions to be overly aggressive…. Just thanks Arenanet, i love you

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

So… this patch did nothing actually, they just went the safe way and fixed a few bugs…
Death shroud UI is probably still unchanged. Minions will also still be crappy…
Let’s see what they will do by the february patch. There are tons, tons of bug fixes to fix yet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

As expected… bye “Necro”

in Necromancer

Posted by: JGar.4103

JGar.4103

Could you link the patch notes, please?
Thanks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Visionary.5681

Visionary.5681

Waste of time.

Anet actually did nothing of any use.

Ow well , lets log back in, in about another 31 days and see if they have attempted to balance this game. This patch was literally useless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

Ratphink

-Players will proceed to flood this board with complaints because Anet didn’t devote an entire balancing patch to Necros.

And so the first sign of my prophecy is made true.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

you truly are a prophet and nobody thought it would happen.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

So nothing for us non-pet users; I guess i will just start playing my warrior again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

To be fair, it seems like this patch was minor bugs and this dodge roll mechanic breaking knockdowns, which I never noticed. Also it was somewhat of a nerf to any of these limited use skills like the poisons for thieves.

I can’t wait to test minion AI. If that was fixed this was a successful patch. But I get the feeling based on the description they made just act more passive, which would be bad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

Fixed a bug that caused some minions to be overly aggressive.

’Dem aggressive minions man!

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: raiden.9024

raiden.9024

face palm /100

Necromancer
•Fixed a bug that caused some minions to be overly aggressive.

They need to be more agreessive saying as they all dont ATTACK.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

face palm /100

Necromancer
•Fixed a bug that caused some minions to be overly aggressive.

They need to be more agreessive saying as they all dont ATTACK.

Check this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-Minion-AI-VIDEO/first#post1307082

I made that video. In the first part you can see that the minion sometimes pull without control. That is a BIG issue. I’m glad that they fixed that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

" Fixed a bug that caused some minions to be overly aggressive "

Does this mean that minions AL has been fixed ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

" Fixed a bug that caused some minions to be overly aggressive "

Does this mean that minions AL has been fixed ?

Nope.. that was the 50% of the problem. Now they need to fix when they decide not to attack at all :-P

Nope.. that was the 50% of the problem. Now they need to fix when they decide not to attack at all :-P

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shukaku.6287

Shukaku.6287

i’m not going to say “thanks Anet” for the update, this is not BETA anymore
but it’s a great change for minions
..maybe in 1 or 2 years necro.. maybe…
no more hope here

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

No AoE nerf, some skill bug fixes and a minion AI fix. I’ll take it!

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xynn.2748

Xynn.2748

I’m stunned by the notes. The minion fix is “nice,” but that’s all? They must be saving something for the Feb/March pvp oriented updated

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

And so the first sign of my prophecy is made true.

i think nobody gives a kitten about your ‘prophecies’…

well…i expected that anet wouldnt do much.
but they did almost nothing ._.

instead, theres now quaggan backpacks….yeah…

but they didnt break spectral walk, which is cool (or at least i hope so. havent checked if there was a stealth nerf).

i really wish they would stop throwing out new content and concentrate on balance first.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

The only minion I ever noticed being aggressive was the flesh golem, will be nice to not have to fight everything within a half mile radius when I have him out. Still it means that the rest of the minion issues haven’t been addressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

TBH, this doesn’t seem like it was meant as a profession balancing patch. Not much for anyone across the board, more in the line of fixes or oversights, than really balancing.

Stinks that we have to wait more, but shouldn’t look at this patch as any kind of ‘fixing the Necro’ type patch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Better than nothing! Stop focusing on the negativ guys… Hey, Nothing was nerfed.. be happy!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

patch arrives, nothing changes, i stay logged off. yay for me, more time to do more interesting things.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Better than nerfs. And I expected nothing but nerfs.
Though, my hate towards anet is still the same. Weird.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Humanogrowth.8059

Humanogrowth.8059

it is funny that you think anet is going to fix the necro problem

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amber.8193

Amber.8193

and disappointed again…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kinohki.3470

Kinohki.3470

Maybe…Just maybe…They stealth patched the minion AI and just labeled it as a fix to “aggressive minions” ? We can all hope…

The Kin hasn’t played this game in quite some time. It’s honestly infuriating as The Kin only wants to play a mnionmancer but…Tis nigh impossible. Sure, there are work arounds and such, but we shouldn’t have to resort to utilizing work arounds to get a build to work..

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

None of the classes got any large or noticable buffs. This was all tooltip/paperwork stuff. Crying foul about this patch is not a good idea. The other hard up classes didn’t get anything else either. And maybe for the first time in the last 10 patches I didn’t count any warrior buffs.

Take offense if they balance out those classes and ignore necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

The other hard up classes didn’t get anything else either.

Engineers get their weapon stats actually affecting their kit. That seemed like a potentially big deal when I read it, but I don’t know how it’ll turn out. (JFTR, I’m one of those guys that actually like their Necro…)

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

They have been asking for that FOREVER… I doubt it will help the class that much though in general. You are right though, that is a nice buff.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gorwe.9672

Gorwe.9672

None of the classes got any large or noticable buffs. This was all tooltip/paperwork stuff. Crying foul about this patch is not a good idea. The other hard up classes didn’t get anything else either. And maybe for the first time in the last 10 patches I didn’t count any warrior buffs.

Nope. Try again!

Warrior Banners got buffed(now you can use them as an actual weapon!). They were buffed. Again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Yeah Necros aren’t the best off but they aren’t the worst off either.
I’m disappointed by no DS UI change, but I wasn’t expecting much as far as balance changes go.

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

• Fixed a bug that caused some minions to be overly aggressive.

Looks like someone has tried steroids on his minions. Not today, guys, not today.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Waw. Just.. Waw.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

The problem is that they have. In every major balance patch, Necromancers have been passed over except for very minor fixes or straight out nerfs. The sentiment around here is “maybe they’ll do something in the next patch”, and they don’t and they won’t. That’s why people have given up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

Least they could have done is fix spiteful talisman, Reapers touch still only has same range and CD with it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

They didn’t break anything I actually like for once, Spinal Shivers getting adjusted positively… and stuff happened to things I will probably never use because they’re junk in the first place.

I’d call that a passing success really! :p

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

The problem is that they have. In every major balance patch, Necromancers have been passed over except for very minor fixes or straight out nerfs. The sentiment around here is “maybe they’ll do something in the next patch”, and they don’t and they won’t. That’s why people have given up.

Pretty sure Anet said this patch would be lack-luster for balancing, and that would come later on. So if anyone had high hopes for this patch, it was prob. misplaced. Also the last big balance patch was water combat, and we came out as good as anyone. The big issues is our starting line was farther back than everyone elses, and that will take a lopsided patch to fix, which I don’t see Anet doing.

The only big miss on this patch for me was the DS UI fix. That is way overdue and shouldn’t be such a low priority. Not seeing your cooldowns/buffs/debuffs while in DS is awful. How cool would it be to know when my heal was going to be off-cooldown to the second while in DS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: QSpec.4298

QSpec.4298

My thoughts:

Looks more like a PvE patch which I am okay with. I am not really all that disappointed in our lack of changes as it seemed pretty uniform across the various professions. I would like a little bit more information on how they view the state of the professions though.

Also, I would like to say that I am a touch disappointed in our less aggressive pets. I am glad for it as it is super annoying, but I would rather have hyper aggressive pets that attack when I need them to, then less aggressive pets that stand around doing nothing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Did they just apply DR to many abilities for other professions?

For example the ones that have “The number of uses on this skill’s effect will now decrease if an attack lands or if the attack is negated by Blind, Block, Evade, Obstructed, or Invulnerable.”

In my ignorance I am not quite sure what that means. To me it looks like the beginning of AoE adjustments but starting the focus on encouraging avoidance rather than only the damage????

(edited by Oldbugga.7029)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

•Fixed a bug that allowed skills that steal or remove boons to manipulate effects that they were not intended to be able to affect.

Anyone know how this affects us? I recall being able to remove stealth with focus 5. Hope this didn’t nerfed it.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Oldbugga: I don’t think that affects us. A lot of classes had skills that do stuff like “Inflict poison on the next 5 attacks”. Before, if you missed (because of blind, dodge, etc), it wouldn’t consume one of the 5 attacks. Now it’s consumed whenever you attack, whether it hits or not.

Ninein: Certain conditions were transferable (Staff 4, and Sigil that transfers on crit), which broke some boss fights. Other than that, i don’t know about the stealth deal.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Ahhh…thanks for that. It is good to see good avoidance play being “rewarded” with proper damage reduction.

(edited by Oldbugga.7029)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

No class balance changes, if I understand the patch notes, just some bug fixes. I am looking forward to seeing how the flesh golem behaves in Orr. Usually, it just aggros mobs until one of us is dead. Learning how not to be a total tool would be a good fix for that minion and, quite frankly, I think auto-aggro is the worse of the two bugs. I can force the golem to join the fight by activating the minion skill or by some of the Necro’s own skills.

Maybe next month will have class balance adjustments. Really, Necromancer needs something more to be good at. There are many ways to get it there without making it over-powered. The more I think about it, the more I like adding one more ability to force enemies to disorganize for 1 or 2 seconds. Giving Necromancer more damage will just finish turning the profession into an echo of the warrior.

Buffing the self-healing capabilities and making conditions slightly more annoying to opponents would also help. (Vitality on the Necromancer is not worth as much as Arenanet makes it out to be. An extra few thousand HP only means one or two free hits at the start of a fight and traiting the HP/heal line yields only minor improvement for a large cost.)

Another improvement that would help the class without making it OP is to cut the CD for DS in half so it is more of a key mechanic in a fight. Right now, cool-down is a few seconds too long to really use it for more than absorbing damage or escaping. I often find myself hoarding life force more than I should because I worry about that CD. In PvE, a shortened CD should not affect fights because opponent numbers are much lower but in WvW popping in and out of DS faster would help survivability way more than a larger health pool.

Oh, and I just want to say that the very first, most annoying problem for Necromancer, more than deranged pets, is to loose auto-attack after transforming. I want to maintain the same target and auto-attack I had before transforming to DS or an elite skill. Make this happen, please. It is the biggest game mechanic bug in my mind and should have been fixed months ago, unless it was intended to be an annoying waste of time for the profession.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

Better than nothing! Stop focusing on the negativ guys… Hey, Nothing was nerfed.. be happy!

While I totally agree with you, these are gaming forums here. There’s kind of an imperative for people to be extremely negative until the devs get tired of hearing it, which makes the players more negative, which… yeah.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

•Fixed a bug that allowed skills that steal or remove boons to manipulate effects that they were not intended to be able to affect.

Anyone know how this affects us? I recall being able to remove stealth with focus 5. Hope this didn’t nerfed it.

Ever seen a Necro use Putrid Mark to send back the 1-Hit K.O. debuff in the Temple of Balthazar fight?
That was fun.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Not much there, but given how drastically things like dungeons were changed, it’s not too surprising.

What’s interesting to me though is how many people haven’t picked up on (or at least haven’t commented on) the listed changes to Vengeance and Illusion of Life. If I’m reading it correctly, they can no longer get a full rally off of minions.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sewra.2805

Sewra.2805

hahaha some of you are so melodramatic. I’m sure the devs love necro just as much as they love their other classes. Lets give them time shesh

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eleazyair.5716

Eleazyair.5716

hahaha some of you are so melodramatic. I’m sure the devs love necro just as much as they love their other classes. Lets give them time shesh

No.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

It’s been nine (9) months since BWE#1….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vagelis.9562

Vagelis.9562

Flesh Golem still attacks anything in its wake , rest minions are way more responsive , im glad about that.( can’t understand why everyone QQs about them , they always attacked what i attacked , anyway) No nerfs , so still happy

Revive Tybalt Leftpaw, only guy obsessed with sth other than Dragons Zombies or outrunning centaurs