Necromancer bugs compilation. (discontinued)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spythe.8674

Spythe.8674

I didn’t see this but I may have missed it

Weakening Shroud
Has a built in cooldown that is not mentioned on the tooltip, it seems like 15s cause with a 10s cooldown on Death Shroud it won’t cast a 2nd time if you do it back to back.

Well damn that didn’t work out well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maglen.4793

Maglen.4793

Minions often do not attack inanemate objects.

Lack of conditions on inanemate objects means our primary damage is severely nerfed.

In my day we didn’t have Guild Wars 2, we had World War 2.
When you shot at the Germans, it aggro’d 5000 of their friends!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Trelos.8740

Trelos.8740

Decaying Swarm, the VIII trait for Soul Reaping, will trigger randomly after taking damage in Death Shroud.

After viewing a vista, skills such as Locust Swarm won’t play audio for a short while.

in Necromancer

Posted by: snaff.5829

snaff.5829

finally… its about time necro get some fixes.. its like being ages with no real good update for necro… and you guys here already state it all… thx guys hope Anet working on Necro soon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

I did not see this added.

But Well of Corruption and The Flesh Wurm: Necrotic Traversal. Have the same image.

Setnnex-Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bluffdor.2107

Bluffdor.2107

Using life transfer while in DS, and then life force bar run out causes life transfer to continue.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bluedemonfox.4326

Bluedemonfox.4326

Staff basic attacks sometimes miss/out of ranged when casting on volatile blossoms in twilight arbor even though I am very much in range with no obstacles in the way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: They are hashes.4523

They are hashes.4523

Using life transfer while in DS, and then life force bar run out causes life transfer to continue.

Actually is working as it should, check “Transfusion” and “Dark armor” traits and you will discover a new world

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Actually is working as it should, check “Transfusion” and “Dark armor” traits and you will discover a new world

Not totally, the “bug” shows that transfusion should actually also be healing the caster, but instead you get a increased amount of lifeforce gained.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I’m not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but necrotic grasp is far to slow. 9 out of every 10 fired shots are either misses or obstructions due in large part to the slow speed of the projectile. Most characters can outrun our projectile, that doesn’t seem reasonable on an otherwise decent weapon.

Edit: This applies to other “hand” projectiles as well, specifically spectral grasp.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

(edited by Terok.7315)

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

Not totally, the “bug” shows that transfusion should actually also be healing the caster, but instead you get a increased amount of lifeforce gained.

I guess inside DS the life force bar is considered by the game mechanics as a normal HP bar. This causing many issues related to procs at x% HP from Runes, and Traits.
This thing goes deep…

Just to clarify i was refering on using Life Transfer at 1-5% life force left, so it will continue channeling while in normal form, and thanks to Transfusion heal you for 200-500 /tick and giving you +400 toughtness at the same time. This is a really sneaky way of using the synergies that a Necro provides at his full potential.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daiva.2394

Daiva.2394

The healing from the trait Transfusion does not scale with Healing Power. That has to be a bug, right?

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlueStripedTiger.3760

BlueStripedTiger.3760

Im curious if anyone else has noticed this. Because of my not so great internet and not so great computer, Im not sure if this is lag or not…

When using Plague form, the tooltips on your three abilities do not have a cooldown listed. When setting one attack or another to autoattack, there is sometimes a noticable difference in the amount of time each attack is on cooldown. I have made sure that no condition that affects my cooldowns is currently on me, and it still seems like the attacks have ‘variable’ cooldowns, from about 1 second to maybe 2 seconds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mackster.9726

Mackster.9726

Im curious if anyone else has noticed this. Because of my not so great internet and not so great computer, Im not sure if this is lag or not…
When using Plague form, the tooltips on your three abilities do not have a cooldown listed. When setting one attack or another to autoattack, there is sometimes a noticable difference in the amount of time each attack is on cooldown. I have made sure that no condition that affects my cooldowns is currently on me, and it still seems like the attacks have ‘variable’ cooldowns, from about 1 second to maybe 2 seconds.

There is a 1.0 second global cooldown for the skills in Plague Form. If you are setting one skill to auto-attack and then trying to use a different one, what may be happening is that you cancel your auto-attack skill which delays the casting of the next one.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deistik.7802

Deistik.7802

I don’t think the trait Training of the Master (Spite, Master trait) works on the bone minion’s Putrid Explosion… seeing as it’s “minion damage” you’d think it would.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Just to clarify i was refering on using Life Transfer at 1-5% life force left, so it will continue channeling while in normal form, and thanks to Transfusion heal you for 200-500 /tick and giving you +400 toughtness at the same time. This is a really sneaky way of using the synergies that a Necro provides at his full potential.

Yeah i know, i actually use that trick when i get kicked in DS to under 10% life force by a almost instakill ability to heal up myself and the team for a bit. For me at least it only works if im dotted or defen out of DS (if hit by direct damage instantly stop the channel and exit DS), thus Blood is Power and Corrupt Boon help alot with such control.

The healing from the trait Transfusion does not scale with Healing Power. That has to be a bug, right?

Actually it does, it went from 250~ to 290~ healing when i went in pvp with cleric amulet.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Necromancer

Posted by: danburridge.3602

danburridge.3602

SPINAL SHIVERS BUG —-

Spinal Shivers removes 3 boons and chills

When using the necro trait: Spiteful Talisman – Spinal Shivers states “applies vulnerability and chills” but still functions as the above (remove boons and chills).

I’ve reported this for 2 weeks several times. It’s a simple text issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: danburridge.3602

danburridge.3602

SUMMON FLESH WURM BUG —--

Pertaining to the secondary skill, Necrotic Transversal.

The poison the skill creates does not appear to be affected by any items or traits that augment condition damage. No matter what attributes, traits, items I tested, the damage always appears as 5 “ticks” of 164 damage.

Also, the damage it produces does not effect targets. I tested the secondary effect on every NPC fighter in the Mists, as well as clusters of test golems. The damage numbers (164) appear above their heads, as does the poison indicator on their health bar, but the damage is not applied, and the act does not cause the NPC to become hostile.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zzod.5791

Zzod.5791

YAY i can play my necro again without wanting to pull my hair out.

Not quite yet, but soon…

Even then, these are just fixing our underpowered and poorly designed traits to do what they are supposed to do in the tooltips..We still need tons of overhauling of weapons, utilities, etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Black Wyvern.3128

Black Wyvern.3128

Quickening Thirst does not appear to be stacking with Sigil of Locust.

Using Locust Swarm and Spectral Walk with long boon duration will cause quickness to end prematurely when receiving another quickness buff.
IE 1m10s remaining with self buffs, add another 40-60s from a guardian, quickness ends within 20s of receiving that buff, losing the entire remaining duration.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mathemagician.7314

Mathemagician.7314

New bug I found:

Path of Midnight, in addition to not reducing the cooldown on Life Transfer, has the following strange property:

While in Death Shroud, after casting Dark Path (the 2 skill in on-land DS), the cooldown starts at 10, then ticks down to 9, then starts at 12.

The tooltip states it should be a 12 and 3/4 second cooldown; I suspect this is largely just a graphical error on the cooldown counter.

80 Necro: Yami Blind @ [US]Sea of Sorrows
Commander for [Sexy] of the Synergy Alliance

in Necromancer

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Life Siphon has a shorter range than its tooltip – either that, or the little red bar indicators for distance are bugged. Move close enough to a mob that the red bar disappears from under Life Siphon and try to use the skill. It’ll miss until you walk a fair bit forward.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Outlaw.4078

Outlaw.4078

I’m not sure if damage/minion damage/condition damage is supposed to increase on the tooltip when you use +damage skills but it would surely be a great help if it did.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Minions should be fixed immediately.
80% of the time , they don’t attack my foe which force me to face it alone(specially as I’m a MM ).
( I can kill him ,but it takes 3x longer).

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Greater Marks does not increase the size of Lich Form marks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zeron.4017

Zeron.4017

Being transformed into a moa bird by a mesmer desummons your minions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daays.4317

Daays.4317

Corrosive Poison Cloud Only lasts 12 seconds instead of 15. Also only applies weakness/poison for 3 seconds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Oh, and sceptre tooltips are wrong.

Sceptre 1 is 5s bleed, not 4s.

Sceptre 2 is 3×7s bleed, not 1×7s.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emerald.4392

Emerald.4392

Minion Master i believe should apply to the minion’s skills as well, not just there summon cool down.

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

Well its been 12 hours since a forum bug do not let me edit this thread, so that will bring an explanation about why the last posts has not been added to the list.

Lets wait and see if it fixes for himself…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Judges.4527

Judges.4527

I have an aesthetic suggestion/request.

I LOVE my necromancer even with the amount of bugged skills mentioned in this post.

But I’ve noticed that several of my skills have animations that seem to recycle other animations, more so than any other class that I’ve seen. For example, the Guardian’s skills all look extremely unique from one another, even the ones that have similar effects. Below are the skills that re-use the same animation.

Fang Animation Skills
Axe
Unholy Feast
Scepter
Feast of Corruption
Dagger MH
Necrotic Bite
Trident
Feast

Claw Animation Skills
Death Shroud
Dark Path
Staff
Necrotic Grasp
Utility
Spectral Grasp
Lich Form
Deathly Claws

I know it’s not that big of a deal, but I would LOVE if my skills offered more diversity. I think that is one reason people have not been rolling Necro as much.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Oh, and sceptre tooltips are wrong.

Sceptre 1 is 5s bleed, not 4s.

Sceptre 2 is 3×7s bleed, not 1×7s.

seriously a guy that say this ridiculous stuff is telling me how to play Necro class?

will say again scepter auto atack is a chain, 1s is a 4s bleed (yes is a 4s bleed…LOL), the 2n is too a 4s bleed and 3s is only poison dont do any bleed.

tooltip is wrong? like is something really hard to test on golems…..pelase stop say false inflormation, the tool discription is 100% correct

and combos? yah i can stack quick bleeds on golem like almost 20bleeds isntant but i dont want to be on melee range that is the point of be a ranged condition

if you want some credebility start to test something before say things that are 100% wrong….

Blood is Power ? Deathly Swarm ? Grasping Dead ? Enfeebling Blood ? Epidemic

btw, for sure you want cast grasping dead before anything else…

please go test what are you saying on golem and than came here to say " yes, i was wrong"

I tested it a while ago when I noticed the 3 bleeds from Grasping Dead. However, I just gave up 5 minutes of my time to hop into the mists and prove you wrong. The following tests were performed on test golems with no armour, steady weapons and no sigils:

Sceptre 1 is 5s bleed, 2s poison. 5 bleed ticks, 2 poison ticks.

Sceptre 2 is 3×7s bleed. 21 ticks from one cast.

The order in which you stack bleeds depends on range. I gave the most typical example of a necro in sPvP in a zerg heading towards a zerg. BiP is 1200 range and GD is 1140 (240 radius plus 900 starting range). Lead with BiP, and GD when you’re in range. If there’s a warrior you think is going to peel off and engage, please feel free to drop GD first. Your call.

I’m not going to stoop to insults here, but please do test what you’re suggesting I haven’t tested before accusing me of not testing that which I claim to be true. It’ll end badly.

Ta,

EDIT: The tooltip is definitely wrong. At 43 damage a tick it suggests I’ll do 172 damage over 4 seconds. When I test a single cast of sceptre 1, it ticks 5 times doing a total of 205 over 5 seconds.

(edited by SupahSpankeh.8452)

in Necromancer

Posted by: possante.8310

possante.8310

seem its hard to understand something that is easy.

scepter 1 = 4s bleed
scepter 2 = 4s bleed
scepter 3= only 2s poison ( no bleed)

seriously go test again without anything on traits. you want i make a video just to show that the description tool is ok? isnt 5s bleed auto atack scepter, jesus just dont put anything on traits and go test it on golem again, im testing again now and is clear like water. scepter auto atack is just 4s bleed base duration where are you get those 5s?

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Actual bug, Grim Specter (lich form 5 skill) often doesnt remove boons from enemies unless it removes the same amount of conditions from allies and doesnt remove protection and stability at all most of the time.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

seem its hard to understand something that is easy.

scepter 1 = 4s bleed
scepter 2 = 4s bleed
scepter 3= only 2s poison ( no bleed)

seriously go test again without anything on traits. you want i make a video just to show that the description tool is ok? isnt 5s bleed auto atack scepter, jesus just dont put anything on traits and go test it on golem again, im testing again now and is clear like water. scepter auto atack is just 4s bleed base duration where are you get those 5s?

I tested it an hour ago. Sceptre 1 does 3 attacks. First is a 5s bleed, second is a 5s bleed, and the third is a 2s poison. Count the bleed ticks.

How many bleed ticks do you count from one single application of the first sceptre attack? I count 5. 5 ticks means a 5 second duration as it ticks at the end of each complete second.

This is without traits, sigils, runes, armour or anything other than a single steady sceptre.

Now please count the ticks.

in Necromancer

possante.8310

scepter 1 do 3 atacks?? serious i dont understand what you say. scepter is a 3 chain skill.

each bleed tick every second, if you put 2 bleeds you will see 2 tick per second. the easy way to test is disable auto atack and just do the 3 skills chain scepter. it just do what description say, 1 atack is 4s bleed, 2n is the same and the last one that even have a diferent sound inflict poison and no bleed.

more than this i cant explain better, i tested it many times just to see if i was wrong but no, is very easy to see on golem. put one bleed see the time and the bleed per second

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

I don’t think the trait Training of the Master (Spite, Master trait) works on the bone minion’s Putrid Explosion… seeing as it’s “minion damage” you’d think it would.

Can anyone test and confirm this? I can not add it on guesses.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Sceptre one does three attacks. It is a chain attack – bleed, bleed, poison.

Go to the mists. Remove all your gear and traits. Equip a steady sceptre. Attack once (1 time) with sceptre 1 then dodge backwards to stop autoattack. It will inflict a bleed. That bleed will tick…

FIVE

If a bleed ticks 5 times, then it is a 5 second bleed.

I’m done here, if you can’t test a single stack of bleed without tying yourself in knots I don’t think it’s worth us continuing this discussion. If someone else wishes to test this, please feel free.

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

@possante @SupahSpankeh

Im always up for bug related discussions, but for the Dark God, we are Necros trying to improve our class, stay civilized.

Personal hates apart your discussion was very informational, and i will try to fill a bug report with all your conclusions.

Next time i would thank you if you try to be polite and work on it together guys! As right now i really dont know who is right or wrong, ill test it myself.

(edited by They are hashes.4523)

in Necromancer

possante.8310

just lets finish this just to clarify somethings.
we where talk about the scepter auto atack that is always the 1s skill on weapon set, because we were talk about auto atack i was refer scepter 1 as the first skill of chain that is blood curse, scepter 2 i was refer to rending curse (diferent name do the same thing) and finally i was say scepter 3 refering to putrid curse (that aply poison), was just more easy to say scpeter 1/2/3 since we were already talk about the auto atack.

put this to clarify scepter 1/2/3 now i understand were you are mistaken, you are saying blood curse is make a bleed that tick 5 times so it must be a 5s bleed duration right? nope, when you cast it first have the delay time before start count bleed, because for some reason arenanet make the direct damage of auto atack count as 1s so is teh reason wjy you think is a 5s bleed duration.

the 4s bleed work like this: at 0s (when you cast it), 1s, 2s,3s and 4s. you see 5 tick, the problem is that you have the delay make by direct damage of blood curse, that isteh reason you dont see bleed start count right before you apply it, still you see on the icon the 4s bleed duration and not saying 5s, because if it was 5s need to tick 6 times.

this make scepter even worse since we need to wait of delay made by direct damage of blood curse, you cast it and when you do the direct damage it already appear the icon but the tick dont start count imediatly that is the reason you think is a 5s bleed duration.

if you want follow the icon bleed count the bleed tick will work like this: at 4s, at3, at 2 at 1 and at 0, same thing.

dont matter how we say if is a 5s bleed or 4s bleed what matter is like you say, the tick per bleed and that was nerfed almost 50% before for 7s tick 8 bleeds, now for 4s (as say on description but can say is 5s count with the delay i mencioned before) tick only 5 times, from 8 to just 5 is a lot or nerf, worse is that now anything increase condition duration worth less since 10% of 7s is more than 10% of 4s.

btw hemophilia and lingering curse stack, but the 40-45% increase bleed duration from 3 runes mix last time i check didt do nothing to increase scepter auto atack bleed ( not count on description since there only appear the incerase of condition duration using the spite line, if you spend point on spite line the description will say bleed work X more time like is suppose to be, this not happen with hemophilia or lingering curse beside they are working)

(edited by possante.8310)

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Ugh. Lots of words, but I’m afraid bleed ticks once per second and therefore sceptre 1 (Blood Curse) has a 5s bleed, which makes the tooltips inaccurate.

Blood is Power ticks 30 times (twice) for a 30s bleed.

Enfeebling Blood ticks 10 times (twice) for a 10s bleed.

Blood Curse ticks 5 times (once) for a 5s bleed. If you add 20% bleed duration it ticks 6 times, because 20% of 5 is 1.

Also, Grasping Dead applies 3 stacks of 7s bleed (7 ticks) and not a single stack of bleed as the tooltip indicates.

Therefore my point stands, the tooltip for Blood Curse and Grasping Dead are wrong, and the sceptre is a significantly better bleed applier than it at first appears. This is the bug I was attempting to highlight.

Goodnight >.>

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZZie.4762

oZZie.4762

I didnt really think Necro traits were that bad until…

Condition damage does not benefit/increase from + % extra damage traits.

Now Ive had to re-think my build…not much to work with lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlueStripedTiger.3760

BlueStripedTiger.3760

There is a 1.0 second global cooldown for the skills in Plague Form. If you are setting one skill to auto-attack and then trying to use a different one, what may be happening is that you cancel your auto-attack skill which delays the casting of the next one.

Dunno how to properly quote, but anyways, the change in cooldown while in plague form was affected even when not switching skills. I will notice it even if the same skill is on autoattack the entire time, again without any conditions that affect skill cast times.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maglen.4793

Maglen.4793

Barbed Precision (5 pts in curse) does not proc off of DS crits.

In my day we didn’t have Guild Wars 2, we had World War 2.
When you shot at the Germans, it aggro’d 5000 of their friends!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kirika.9120

Kirika.9120

I just wanted to add one thing. Re-animator trait, really I don’t know what the developers were thinking when they implement it. I’m not even talking about this trait is another ‘we ran out of ideas’ thing, but the problem is – it working against necro, it’s so obvious.
I invested 10 points in Death Magic tree just to get Staff Mastery trait and I got Reanimator as ‘bonus’, oh ty Anet! Now everytime I fight 1v2 or more, after I kill one enemy I summon this little cute 100hp ‘free rally’ minion, which will kill itself anyway in matter of seconds even in downed enemies are too stupid to focus it, oh…

As the answer to the poster below: I consider reanimator trait as broken, so I posted it in this thread.

(edited by Kirika.9120)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Outlaw.4078

Outlaw.4078

Guys, please stick to the topic. This is a bug reporting thread and anything else really shouldn’t be here. Let’s focus on letting Anet know about bugs first and then hopefully we can get some suggestions implemented.

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

Moderator requested. I still can not access the “Edit” buttons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kirika.9120

Kirika.9120

Right click on permalink icon (in post you want to edit) and copy the link. Then insert the link in address bar and add /edit. Worked for me.

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

@Kirika that worked like a charm, ill announce it on the bugs subforum so other players can edit their posts. Thanks!

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

80% of the time , they don’t attack my foe which force me to face it alone(specially as I’m a MM ).
There is a flesh-golem bug too > I got -20% minions recharge time , however flesh-golem recharge still 60 ( has not been affected ).

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.