Necromancer bugs compilation. (discontinued)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenyoga.6910

Zenyoga.6910

Minion AI gets most screwy when using AOE skills on the necro, like staff marks and the AOE on axe (retaliation granting).

Minion AI can improve in the way they attack/follow. Currently they move slowly to target, pause, attack, pause, attack and if the enemy moves after a attack, they pause, move, pause attack. This leads to an incredible easy time for the opposition to kite.

For starters as a bandaid fix, and perhaps in general, increase the minion speed by 15%. Most of this will be fixed. Allow for minions to attack on the move, not pause, attack so the opponent can just step away easily.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

Tooltip on Ritual of Protection: Wells apply protection for 3 seconds when cast

Actual Effect: Wells apply 3 seconds of protection to you and allies when standing inside of the well.

~Lone Shadow~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Tooltip on Ritual of Protection: Wells apply protection for 3 seconds when cast

Actual Effect: Wells apply 3 seconds of protection to you and allies when standing inside of the well.

And the difference between the tooltip and effect are? Well affect thw whole team thus do all affects chained to them.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Sjach Darasv.3729

Andele.1306

And the difference between the tooltip and effect are? Well affect thw whole team thus do all affects chained to them.

Point is because the tooltip does not remotely lead people to believe this and makes people think it is just another useless trait. It should not say “when cast” that makes it seems like it is just a buff that should be applied to you. It would be fine if it just said, Wells apply protection for 3 seconds.

~Lone Shadow~

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Training of the master doesn’t adjust the damage on the minion tooltips. In fact it doesn’t seem to increase the damage at all.

I looked into training of the master, and apparently it DOES increase the damage, but it doesn’t change the tooltip in PvE or in town. (I’m not sure about PvP)

I tried to take a screenshot but apparently it doesn’t capture tooltips. just stand in lion’s arch with training of the master active. at level 80 it still says the flesh golem hits for 770, when it should say it hits for 1001.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zeh.8639

Zeh.8639

Wonderful Thread, been checking it and keeping tabs on what not to use on my necro :P

Might have something to add tho, in the Deathly Swarm skill, my experience is that it either transfers 0 conditions (mostly when i auto attack to fast while casting it) or sometimes transfers only 1 condition while it says up to 3 ( this happens mostly when there’s only a single target and none else to bounce, so i am guessing either the tool tip is not explicit enough or it is bugged)

in Necromancer

Posted by: shizo.5698

shizo.5698

Dont know if a bug, but:

summoning minions underwater is so much faster than on the land.

Also: casting spectral armor and walking through spectral wall doesnt increase the protection boon, walking through the wall first and then casting the armor does increase the duration.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uchi.2419

Uchi.2419

If someone could reproduce this it would be great, but I’m having problems with mark of blood triggering heals in Personal Story.

I have two bone fiends, flesh golem, and shadowfiend up along with Mary Sue Hearne, and two other npcs. Mark of blood sometimes doesn’t trigger the healing effect. Is there a possible cap on how many people can be healed by the mark? Well of Blood seems to heal everyone.

in Necromancer

Posted by: red.5013

red.5013

Any update from ANet considering Plague Signet? Even tho it’s still a powerful signet, I feel like running a Support-Elementalist is currently more viable than using Necromancer for the Condition control, as the main tool for it is so broken.

Whatever the case, I wish that you will get the condition blocking functional for allies nearby me, and if it ends up being too powerful, perhaps tweak the send-conditions part of the skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Dont know if a bug, but:

summoning minions underwater is so much faster than on the land.

I don’t think it is, since mining also goes much faster underwater. Hard to say.

Thought on minion AI: I noticed that before level 30 I had very little trouble with minion AI. Minions were very responsive to attacks. However, as soon as the flesh golem entered the picture, suddenly minion AI got a lot worse. It wasn’t until the flesh golem was part of my skill bar that pets would suddenly stand still for a full second or two before attacking (or sometimes never attack).

I’m not sure if it was related or not but it seemed to me to be related.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tony.2150

Tony.2150

I do not know if this was updated in OP Focus recharge Is fixed in spite tree.
Spinal shiver tooltip still bugged though. Cooldowns are good

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

I cant edit right now. But i will state again. Chill of death does not slow down auto attack speed. Tested on golems and Lord/chief/svanir. If you have a good video recording thing for free link to me and i will post video THAT attack speed is not reduced.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Calia.1348

Calia.1348

Vampiric minor trait does not scale with Healing Stats, as well as Vampiric Precision and all Siphon Skills. This is major bug, which makes this traits useless. Healing for 29/per hit when ppl hit u from averge non-crit 500 to 9-11k dmg? Just… I dont have words. And it is that way SINCE BWE1!! Since BWE1 nobady fixed Healing scaling?..

Sometimes I have a feeling that noone plays Necro from ANET. I mean- dont u see this geen numbers? 29 with 1200 Healing? U playing it?

Sigil of Superior Leeching for example scales with Healing- as it should be, so it can be done. Fix it, because as long as it is not fixed that way, all Siphoning is just pathethic in PvP or High-End PvE.

(edited by Calia.1348)

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Vampiric minor trait does not scale with Healing Stats, as well as Vampiric Precision and all Siphon Skills. This is major bug, which makes this traits useless. Healing for 29/per hit when ppl hit u from averge non-crit 500 to 9-11k dmg? Just… I dont have words. And it is that way SINCE BWE1!! Since BWE1 nobady fixed Healing scaling?..

Sometimes I have a feeling that noone plays Necro from ANET. I mean- dont u see this geen numbers? 29 with 1200 Healing? U playing it?

Sigil of Superior Leeching for example scales with Healing- as it should be, so it can be done. Fix it, because as long as it is not fixed that way, all Siphoning is just pathethic in PvP or High-End PvE.

Its Vampiric, it should scale both of healing power and off damage (both a semi low scailing, but together should be enough to neutralize basic npc damage). Also its flat 25 heal or 29 if you get the “+50% life stealing” trait.

in Necromancer

Sjach Darasv.3729

It actually does scale, just not in a worthwhile manner, it seems like the total of +healing goes to the total of total healing from the siphons, the trait is just bugged of again scales with the total effect ant not per tick effect making it seem useless however, the siphons with no + heal or trait grant about 900-1k healing with the trait and + healing it grants about 2k from the total siphon, better and can be used, but doesn’t really feel like it has a point if it’s scales in that manner.

~Lone Shadow~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rari.8069

Rari.8069

As of last night’s patch Necrotic Grasp is acting as a combo finisher for me (including in Dark fields, proccing Lifesteal.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: They are hashes.4523

They are hashes.4523

Update:

• Full of life
    • (Issue) Triggers everytime you reach 90% health on Death Shroud by damage.
      This is good, but not so good as it has 30 sec CD and many times you wont have it available on human form.
      This then worsens the synergy on human form with Full of life + Blood to Power.
  • Vampiric
    1. Does not scale with +heal stats (heals 25/hit at level 80).
    2. Only triggers with auto-attacks.
    3. Does not work with Staffs.
  • Vampiric Precision
    1. Does not scale with +heal stats (heals 25/hit at level 80).
    2. Only triggers with auto-attacks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aevis.4632

Aevis.4632

I’m not sure if anyone else has this problem but for me the 5 point trait in death magic called reanimation is bugged. It summons a jagged horror whenever I kill something every 30 sec, but when the horror is summoned it kills itself. As soon as it is summoned it’s bleeding for no reason at all and it dies.

in Necromancer

Sjach Darasv.3729

Thats how it is intended to work, so completely useless since we mostly AoE down mobs in packs it basically spawns and dies, or spawns in pvp and dies and some enemy that tagged it rallies from it :]. Even when one mob is killed before another why does it spawn and walk towards me first, by the time it gets to the enemy it has like 1-2 ticks before it kills itself ergo basically 0 damage and 5 wasted trait points, that are pretty much mandantory for any tanky build. I like my tanky build but i prefer the extra survivability wells offer, yet every minor trait in the toughness tree affects minions, kind of sucks really but i make do.

~Lone Shadow~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

The tactic that increases the area of marks DOES indeed work, it just doesnt update the tooltip.

One bug that MUST be fixed though is whenever a necromancer is transformed into another form, (lich form, moa bird from mesmer elite, etc) we lose ALL our minions.

This should not happen. It would be fine to loose control of them if your transmogrified into a moa bird, but desummoning all of them is NOT ok.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draktir.2409

Draktir.2409

Transfusion is not affected by healing power (heals 292 regardless of the stat).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Vulnerability still is not fixed. It was supposed to be fixed but it does not increase condition damage. This is still crucial for Unyielding Blast.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

The tactic that increases the area of marks DOES indeed work, it just doesnt update the tooltip.

One bug that MUST be fixed though is whenever a necromancer is transformed into another form, (lich form, moa bird from mesmer elite, etc) we lose ALL our minions.

This should not happen. It would be fine to loose control of them if your transmogrified into a moa bird, but desummoning all of them is NOT ok.

Chillblains and Putrid only have their effect active within non traited range even if you get greater marks.

in Necromancer

Sjach Darasv.3729

Yep only the 4 and 5 show the greater marks area, 2-3 hit for that area but can still only be triggered in the untraited area. As well as they can still be blocked.

~Lone Shadow~

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

As of last night’s patch Necrotic Grasp is acting as a combo finisher for me (including in Dark fields, proccing Lifesteal.)

The tooltip clearly states that its a 20% Projectile Finisher, is working correctly since the pre-launch of the game.

I do not understand your report.

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

I need confirmation on this one:
Death Magic

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

Transfusion is not affected by healing power (heals 292 regardless of the stat).

I need another confirmation for this. So i can add it to the list.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draktir.2409

Draktir.2409

I need confirmation on this one:
Death Magic

If by that you mean the radius in the tooltip, I can confirm it does not update with the trait active.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vermalech.7890

Vermalech.7890

The Curses Trait, Spectral Attunement does not grant life force to the abilities Spectral Grasp and Spectral Walk, like it says it should. It grants life force to the other 2 spectral abilities though.

Tested using spectral grasp on a target and off of one. Neither produced a gain in life force.

Tested Spectral Walk by ending the effect early and by waiting it out. Neither produced a gain in life force.

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

@Vermalech
Confirmed and added (NB0088) (NB0089) (NB0090)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xamin.6895

Xamin.6895

Regarding those of you who stated that the necromancer curses traits ‘Haemophilia’ and ‘Lingering Curse’ does not stack may be wrong. I believe that the trait ‘Haemophilia’ is not functioning at all, whether or not they stack is not the real issue here!

I tested it against Heavy Target Golems in the mists. I had runes equipped that increased my bleeding duration to increase the accuracy of my results. I used Grasping Dead once on the target golem and timed the length of time I saw the ‘bleed’ condition icon on the target.

With only Haemophilia active, my bleeds lasted for about 14.03 seconds.
With only Lingering Curse active, my bleeds lasted for about 17.63 seconds.
With both traits active, my bleeds lasted for about 18.18 seconds.
With neither of these traits active, my bleeds lasted for about 13.48 seconds.

Of course there are inaccuracies regarding my response time, especially since I timed in milliseconds, but the duration of the overall bleed was long enough for me to safely deduce the following:

Haemophilia is supposed to increase the bleeding duration by 20% as the description states, meaning that if we take the 13.48 bleed duration when no traits are active, and we add 20% to this figure, the theoretical duration will be:
13.48 * 0.2 = 2.696
2.696 + 13.48 = 16.176 seconds.

I however got a bleeding duration of only 14.03 seconds using the haemophilia trait, which is far off the theoretical value (over 2 seconds!), meaning that the trait is either not working as intended or its not working at all (14.03 seconds is very close to 13.48 seconds, possibly within the error for this experiment, which is my reaction time, making me strongly believe that the trait is not functioning).

When I used only the Lingering Curse trait I got a bleeding duration of 17.63 seconds. If we add 33% to the original 13.48 seconds, we get a theoretical value of:
13.48 * 0.33 = 4.4484
4.4484 + 13.48 = 17.93
This theoretical value works well with the actual value of 17.63 seconds I got (difference due to error in my reaction time). This means Lingering Curse is working as intended.

With both traits I ended up with a bleed duration of 18.18 seconds as stated before, this value is very close to the stated theoretical value of 17.63 seconds, which once again proves that Haemophilia is not working.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daiva.2394

Daiva.2394

My observation regarding Greater Marks:

Mark of Blood updates the effect properly (i.e when it’s triggered, and how large of an area it affects), but not the graphical display of the mark. Chillblains updates the graphical display of the mark, but not the actual area of effect. Putrid Mark and Reaper’s Mark updates correctly in both regards.

As for the tooltips, I haven’t really looked at them, but that’s easily checked by anyone actually online.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alamir.6207

Alamir.6207

not in no rush or anything, but any idea when the fix for necromancer will be released? really love my necromancer, just hate the bugs lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: NixZero.7540

NixZero.7540

When ressing a downed ally, if you push your “death shroud” button at the same time than your “action” button (I had bound shroud to R and action to the regular F so its easy to slip and push both sometimes) your character will get stuck and cant move, you need to relog or teleport to another point.
you can still use skills.
(edit: the same happens when finishing a downed enemy)

(edited by NixZero.7540)

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

@NixZero : Cool bug! (NB0091) added.

@Outlaw : How did you get 1693 healing? you sneaky haxxor! Bug (NB0061) edited/added.

@Daiva : Thats for reviewing the bug report. (NB0046-51) updated.

(edited by They are hashes.4523)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zintair.1987

Zintair.1987

Were we ever able to determine if the Bleed duration Trait and Scepter Condition duration trait in Curses were working correctly or not stacking?

[ISA] – Commander
80 Necromancer – Zintair

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

@ Xamin
Resume: “20% Hemofilia + 33% Scepter + x% Smite line” duration stacks correctly.

I was really interested in your analysis, so i had to re-check your data to confirm (as i do with other bug reports)

Instead of a clock, i used the Debuff tooltip on the enemy status.
I tested it on Golden Moas, level 80 downleveled to 33. (To rice the rize)
I use the longest bleed duration skill available to get clearly results “Blood is power”

Blood is Power
“Bleed duration” -> duration buff
30 sec -> base
36 sec-> +20% (20 smite points) = + 6 sec
42 sec -> +20% Hemofilia = +6 sec
44 sec -> +7% Major Sigil of Agony = +2 sec

All start counting 1 second off on the debuff, 29-35-41-43…

After this i used the scepter and the results were a bit different

Scepter
4 sec -> base
5 sec -> +20% (20 smite points) = +0,8 sec
6 sec -> +20% Hemofilia = +0,8 sec
9 sec -> +33% Scepter = + 1,32 sec
10 sec -> +7% Major Sigil of Agony = +0,28 sec

4 + 0,8 + 0,8 + 1,32 + 0,28 = 7,2sec
but… we reached 10 sec, i think Anet (being kind) took into consideration a new formula for >10 sec bleed skills. That rouds up decimals.
4 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 9 sec
we dont reached 10 seconds yet… maybe they calculate duration buffs from higher to lower and using final added duration (33% + 20% + 20% +7%)
4 + 33% (rounded up) = 6
6 + 20% (rounded up) = 8
8 + 20% (rounded up) = 9
10 + 7% (rounded up) = 11
Well… we are getting close, but i hate maths. Let it be.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Outlaw.4078

Outlaw.4078

Tested and Transfusion healed only 292/tick with 572 healing and still only 292/tick with 1693 healing.

Life Transfer does heal mark of horror minions when traited though.

@Hashes: Full “Cleric’s” exotic armor/weapon/access, +300 from Blood Magic, +250 from Sigil of Superior Life, +190 from 5 Superior Rune of Dwayna and 1 Rune of the Water, +100 from food, and a bit from Death into Life.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Senator.5048

Senator.5048

Hi!
Can’t see this one on the bug list so far:
Lich Form
(NB0027) His auto-attack feature does not work automatically.

—> auto-attack also doesn’t work for me in Plague Form

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

It actually does scale, just not in a worthwhile manner, it seems like the total of +healing goes to the total of total healing from the siphons, the trait is just bugged of again scales with the total effect ant not per tick effect making it seem useless however, the siphons with no + heal or trait grant about 900-1k healing with the trait and + healing it grants about 2k from the total siphon, better and can be used, but doesn’t really feel like it has a point if it’s scales in that manner.

I ment the vampiric trait that stays 25 or 29 all the time

Chillblains and Putrid only have their effect active within non traited range even if you get greater marks.

- Putrid just seems to have its free will, on orr it often didnt work for full aoe, in wvwvw, it works… really dont know why, maybe it nerfs itself if there are risen in range? That would actually be a really funny thing (pretty sure it just has to do with the fact that marks are block/can be dodged and risen mobs are on super speed steroids causing problems in terms of selecting enemies in range for Putrid Mark).

in Necromancer

Posted by: JYC.5026

JYC.5026

A couple of bugs

Dagger attack range is often bugged on objects. You can stand in front of it, and your dagger attack will show animation, while the actual attacks will miss.

Minions sometimes attack empty space or unattackable objects if you target it and trigger your attack animation

When your minions die while mobs, you will still be stuck in combat mode even though you are outside of the mob’s aggro range. Happened to me many times on vistas. i.E, cant view vista since i am still in combat mode, but have no minions summoned, and no mobs targeted. Had to re-log

Dagger Skill, Dark Pact has an invisible conal casting range, although does not show when you cast. i.e, it can miss when your opponent is standing side on to you, even though the tool tip suggests a single target skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Senator.5048

Senator.5048

to get into out of combat is also an issue as long as jagged horrors are still alive – this seriously hampers our health refresh in spvp – takes too long….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

I rolled a necro alt a while ago, haven’t played it much though… after looking at this thread i’m not sure I want to play it at all till some of this is fixed.. the amount of bugs is staggering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maltos.5789

Maltos.5789

I play necro (only 31) and love it. This thread is the most organised thread of all professions. The entire Necro community should be proud.

I can now see where most of my necros issues are with the list. Nice job all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

And I thought Hemophilia was such a cool trait…whoops=(

I’ll probably get to 80 and be rolling an alt by the time these bugs are checked on. Amazing this stuff got out of beta. I’d expect maybe a couple of bugged traits but its like 1/2 aren’t doing what they say and some don’t work at all. Seriously? Guess I just have to learn how to use DS properly and all the amazing strategy there is with 4 skills, not even knowing if any traits are even working or not.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Demus.1258

Demus.1258

Hello, here’s a bug (oversight?) that has bothered me for a while:

All healing effects are wasted while in death shroud.

Regeneration loses duration, but you gain no health. Standing in a well of blood will gain no health. etc. It could be that these are giving life force (I doubt it), but your health when entering and exiting death shroud are always the same, no matter what healing effects you are supposed to get.

This is pretty easy to test. Just jump in to a 1v1 game with a buddy, have him hit you. Note your starting health, then use a mark of blood or well of blood(make sure to see new hp) and immediately go into DS. Walk around for a bit and leave DS and ta-da, same hp, but your regen got used up/ well has ended.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caius.9406

Caius.9406

You can’t combo with a blast finisher out of combat with Putrid Mark “4” on the staff. All other classes that I know of can.. but Necros. Like lay a fire combo field and blast finish it with the Putrid Mark.. it wont work out of combat. You’ll see the heart but no might. If your in combat thou it will give you the might. The mark doesn’t need to explode like chillblains does for the combofield to make use of the blast finisher. It Blast finishes fine in combat.. just not out :/

in Necromancer

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

Deathly Swarm: Says it transfers 3 conditions to target on successful attack. Only actually transfers one condition if you only have one target. If you have multiple targets it transfers one condition per target per hit. (I think it actually goes up to four? Maybe someone can test this)

in Necromancer

Tony.2150

Incorrect. Deathly Swarm Transfers 3 conditions to 1-3 targets.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

There is a mistake in one of the bugs.

Plague form de-summons your minions on land as well.

Setnnex-Necro