Patch notes - Necro - 6/25/13

in Necromancer

Posted by: prothorin.5849

prothorin.5849

Im absolutly do not feel this is a good patch.
All my skills working as worked. I do not do more damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

Ooo the possibiltys, il be streaming later when i get out of work

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Ooo the possibiltys, il be streaming later when i get out of work

Well might as well:

http://ru.twitch.tv/iceflame1988

Wish twitch chat finally started working for me after their downtime….

(edited by Iceflame.5024)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Anyone uploaded a video of the new tainted shackle animation?

Anyone snicker when they say ‘tainted shackle’?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Anyone uploaded a video of the new tainted shackle animation?

Anyone snicker when they say ‘tainted shackle’?

I am uploading right now… will link in a new topic.. have some duels too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

It’s not mentioned on the notes, but Dark Path has 1200 range now.
It’s not that amazing but it’s something!

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Perhaps my excitement is getting the better of me, but this patch seems to have both improved and diversified condition specs. So far I’m generally happy with how this all turned out. I’ve been trying all sorts of build variations with dumbfire and its really nice having that burn. I must have tried over a dozen different specs with it since the patch released (not to any significant extent, mind you) and most of them have just been so fun. I can’t wait to see how the power-based builds have been improved.

Long story short, this is the first time I haven’t been cynical about a patch.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

It’s not mentioned on the notes, but Dark Path has 1200 range now.
It’s not that amazing but it’s something!

I didn’t notice that, excellent! And with life blast also on a 1200 range, we’re starting to be quite nice!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

So the burning says it applies for 4 seconds, but to get it, you have to have 30 trait points in the Spite line. Does that mean that the base amount will be 5.2 seconds? Also, do crits from life transfer apply burning?

Yes DS can proc it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sajuuk.4973

Sajuuk.4973

Also:

• All elite player transforms (racial and profession) now have a 1-second cooldown on leaving them. This was done to prevent unintentionally leaving through double-clicking.

So glad! Too often I would spaz-click F1 and just flash in/out of DS unintentionally.

NOooooo!! As a powermancer I constantly flashed in DS to drop enfeebling blood, gain fury and start striking with my daggers. Oh well, not complaining just have to adapt. I am drooling over WoP, now a stun breaker and a 1 sec stability! I’m liking the changes overall. Thank you Anet

Sajuuk Khor / Blackgate / Guild Forty Thieves
PvP R29 Necromancer
Level 80 Necro / Level 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Dietzen.6127

Also:

• All elite player transforms (racial and profession) now have a 1-second cooldown on leaving them. This was done to prevent unintentionally leaving through double-clicking.

So glad! Too often I would spaz-click F1 and just flash in/out of DS unintentionally.

NOooooo!! As a powermancer I constantly flashed in DS to drop enfeebling blood, gain fury and start striking with my daggers. Oh well, not complaining just have to adapt. I am drooling over WoP, now a stun breaker and a 1 sec stability! I’m liking the changes overall. Thank you Anet

You can still DS flash, it only affects elite transforms, also says so in the change

All elite player transforms (racial and profession) now have a 1-second cooldown on leaving them. This was done to prevent unintentionally leaving through double-clicking.

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

Spectral sustain in DS + deathly perception + new life blast bwa ha ha ha ha.

(edited by Iceflame.5024)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well of Power just became good anywhere.

Necros will be a lulzfest in wvw I think.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MysticoN.5068

MysticoN.5068

any calculators that have updateted with the last patch changes?

MysticoN – 80 Necro
Draci – 80 Guardian ( on hold)
-Far Silverpeak-

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Tainted shackles is amazing
Fear buff is amazing
Corrupt boon is still amazing
Necros are amazing now. the end

too soon to say 4sure but possibility of a nerf coming :o

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rastos.3812

Rastos.3812

Wow. Love it. Reading the other forums, people are pulling their kittening hair out. I knew if I stuck it out with my Necro we would get some good stuff. This is gonna be fun.

Reaper/Berserker/Dragon Hunter/Daredevil/Rev/Druid.
Ebay Server.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I’m curious about the stun break though. Does it break stun only for the Necro when cast, or does it break stuns in the well when it pulses? If the latter, would it apply to allies?

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Necromancer

Dietzen.6127

I’d say we’re more in line now, with the other classes.
Before the patch, if a critburst thief jumped me, I had no chance of living through it. At least now, I do I don’t know if it’s just because I play a necro, but I do feel like we needed a make over, and we got a just reward. We’ve suffered through months of poverty, we deserve to be kings for awhile

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grinn Tyaz.4970

Grinn Tyaz.4970

I LOVE YOU ALL !…

Incoming builds… many… many… many…

30/10/0/0/30 builds work really good now thanks to the new trait in “soul reaping” that allows 100% crit chance with DS skills and “axe training” that can be add to “Close to Death”.
Il like “focused ritual” in “curses” to land the well while at 600 range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I’m curious about the stun break though. Does it break stun only for the Necro when cast, or does it break stuns in the well when it pulses? If the latter, would it apply to allies?

I think it only breaks for the necro, especially since it only gives stability to the necromancer. (And really, it’s just enough to guarantee the cast goes through, which is a gimmick I think also got added to the Warrior Stomp skill? Still really useful though.)

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zach.1847

zach.1847

hahaha. Just tried some builds around and 30/20/0/0/20 + Conditionapplication via DS5 is pretty fearsome. So gonna get nerfed. x)

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

All other stunbreaks happen right when the skill is used, so for consistency I don’t think the well pulses it. Even guardians don’t get AoE stunbreaks.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

All other stunbreaks happen right when the skill is used, so for consistency I don’t think the well pulses it. Even guardians don’t get AoE stunbreaks.

Well, they do now with a grandmaster trait…

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

say whaaaaaaaaat

Sanctum of Rall

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

All changes are pretty meh but at least, no nerfs for us.

Also, the new DS#5 seems to be fun to use and add a boost to our DS#4 (more AoE is always welcome IMO).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

say whaaaaaaaaat

Yeah, the Shielded Mind trait makes Virtue of Courage break stun and grant stability to everyone it affects now.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I think it only breaks for the necro, especially since it only gives stability to the necromancer. (And really, it’s just enough to guarantee the cast goes through, which is a gimmick I think also got added to the Warrior Stomp skill? Still really useful though.)

I assumed as much, and if so WoP will still rarely if ever make it onto my skill bar in WvW. It’ll still be the staple of WoS, WoC and Spectral Walk/Wall.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

hahaha. Just tried some builds around and 30/20/0/0/20 + Conditionapplication via DS5 is pretty fearsome. So gonna get nerfed. x)

Do some of you guys have stockholm syndrome. This is why we can’t have nice things. At least let the meta absorb this before we go shouting to bring a hammer on our own heads.

Necro being toward the top, if it were to be the case, would be karma we richly deserve for being doormats so long. And Anet does not believe in whack-a-mole, so they will carefully monitor and if any adjustments need to be made, baby steps, just like the way up.

Heck, we still have issues that need fixing. The siphon ‘fixes’ seem pretty kitten to me. Death Magic is still a mess, yadda yadda.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

You guys are missing the point…

Necromancers were easy pray for such a long time, now that we are equal no one knows how to fight us.

At the same time… because we had to fight harder for every victory we obtained, every single one of you necromancers has a higher skill level then their “equal” adversary…
We had to be more skilled then our opponents just to be able to stand our ground… We had to use skill to not get killed by a heart seeking spamming thief… or a faceroll bunker elementalist, or a “i do my combo you die” shatter mesmer…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

say whaaaaaaaaat

Yeah, the Shielded Mind trait makes Virtue of Courage break stun and grant stability to everyone it affects now.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: zach.1847

zach.1847

Yes. That’s why i think we won’t be embraced with open arms.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

The buff to Death Shroud is amazing, doing full damage Life Blasts with constant crits is just so pressuring. ffffFFFF 2.4K! fffFFFF 2.6K! ffffffF 2.3k!

It’s just like a MINI Lich Form!!! lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Necro now needs nerfing.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wenrolio.8063

Wenrolio.8063

Necromancers were easy pray for such a long time, now that we are equal no one knows how to fight us.

At the same time… because we had to fight harder for every victory we obtained, every single one of you necromancers has a higher skill level then their “equal” adversary…
We had to be more skilled then our opponents just to be able to stand our ground… We had to use skill to not get killed by a heart seeking spamming thief… or a faceroll bunker elementalist, or a “i do my combo you die” shatter mesmer…

I just typed this sentiment, then deleted it figuring someone else would say it. +1

Asuran -Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, and underlevel Ranger

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

Necro now needs nerfing.

The other classes probably have a bazillion OP things as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Tbh, i can’t see why necro got so much more OP now…? I am clearly missing something…

the only good thing that made us stronger with this patch is short CD on wells and torment…? What did i miss?

in Necromancer

Posted by: crizpynutz.9062

crizpynutz.9062

My main in GW1 and GW2 has been Necro and I’m excited to see what comes out of this update. I’ll be keeping an eye on your builds Nemesis for sure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

Sooo Blood Magic and lifesteal essentially weren’t even touched. Great.

in Necromancer

Mindx.9610

necro is broken op. hope you guys are happy.

Hehe Ds is op incoming nerf crys…. The 50% crit in ds is anets reaction to necros perma fury builds being unviable….. They just opened up a whole new world of necro power builds. Also dhummfire power builds will most likely utilize axe minions and deathmagic with carrion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Necro now needs nerfing.

The other classes probably have a bazillion OP things as well.

Probably?

Unkillable guardians.
Bunker rangers.
Perma stealth thieves.
D/d eles.
Hammer warriors.
Zerg mesmers.
etc-etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wenrolio.8063

Wenrolio.8063

Tbh, i can’t see why necro got so much more OP now…? I am clearly missing something…

the only good thing that made us stronger with this patch is short CD on wells and torment…? What did i miss?

Not sure if serious.

The changes to SW created a lot of extra damage for terror builds. Also great for choke-point defense in wvw.

The changes to DS allow power builds to crit life blast near all the time while allowing spectral armor and spectral walk effects to be active for additonal LF generation in DS. Additionally the new 5.

Burn application. A burn at 300+ base dmg then .25% of your condi dmg is nothing to sneeze at.

It also looks like some of the master/adept swaps will open up more build flexibility.

We still don’t have a source of vigor (not counting wop) or some of the other handy mobility/escape mechanisms of the other classes, but anet seems to have decided that if we were going to have to stay in a fight to the end that we should at least have a better chance at winning it.

Asuran -Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, and underlevel Ranger

in Necromancer

Mindx.9610

Spectral and DS buffs are amazing, not rly a buff since we secretly had lf gain in ds in beta but it got removed…return to glory for older necros and DS utilization for newer necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Hahaha don’t be that guy. ‘Necromancers aren’t OP, we’re all just super skilled!’

If we’re too strong now we will get toned down, and anyone who has a problem with it is being shortsighted. We weren’t far off the mark before, and we got a lot in this patch. I’ve won every 1v1 I’ve had since the patch, and considering just how out of practice I am, that says a lot, despite the small sample size.

As someone else said though, give the meta time to absorb it and see what happens.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Frankly, it is partly accurate. Necromancers have been difficult to play for a long time now. People who have stuck through it anyway now have more power to play with, and people aren’t used to having to actually fight a Necromancer, they are used to just killing a weak build.

Not to say that this won’t even out pretty quickly. But for today at least, you could probably steam roll a lot of people who have never had to actually intelligently fight a Necro.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

ShadowMaster.5708

Well, with the DS buffs etc. you can’t say necro requires skill?

Trait so we apply vulnerability and gain might on the DS1 skill and just AFK..:? We crit like every hit and are able to hit for 5-6k… No skill required at all.

Also, how the f. did you get killed by a heartseeking thief as a necro? necro has 20-30k hp (depending on the build) and heartseeker whenevr yuour HP is above 50% does less damage than autoattack… The only time thief should use heartseeker is whenever your health is under 25%. You clearly havent played thief much…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Original Heartseeker spam was standard opener (mug->backstab) press heartseeker until they are dead (1-2 times). Maybe nowadays its harder, but it was one of the original no-skill thief builds.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

I tend to agree with Nemesis. In any competitive game there are certain abilities or effects that make you excited just to read them. Things like guardians’ new AoE stunbreak (whaaaaaaaaaaat) or mesmers’ vigor on crit, or thieves’ 100% crit from stealth. Even if these things are balanced, they still just seem so powerful that it makes you excited to think about using them, which makes you want to play that class.

The GW2 community at large just sort of expects that necromancers are a bad class. However now we have some exclusive cool stuff that is exciting to read because you can picture the possibilities in your head. So people are taking notice and reacting.

Give it a month or two to see how it plays out. My prediction is that there will be a surge in popularity for a bit then it will drop back down to slightly-higher-than-before levels.

Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

ShadowMaster.5708

I will just stick to my old well build. I really need my 20 points in death magic and blood magic… I tried running without and no way.. i love my well CD ruduction and health siphoning to much. Feel to squishy without

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

I will just stick to my old well build. I really need my 20 points in death magic and blood magic… I tried running without and no way.. i love my well CD ruduction and health siphoning to much. Feel to squishy without

*secret blood magic high five *

Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Dhuumfire is thrash, it procs only on 1 target every 20 seconds, even if the crit does proc on an aoe spell on more targets. It shouldn’t be on Grandmaster.
Over the fact that Guardians have special blue burn effects and our flame is a traditional flame.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]