Post Your Build Thread

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hey everybody,

I’ve seen a few threads around where people are posting their builds, but those threads are getting lost in the throng of other posts on the forum. So, I present to you, a build thread.

• Post your favorite builds here.
  • Be sure to post as many details about your build and how you play it so others may benefit from your knowledge.
  • Also, feel free to ask for advice on your build as well.

Note: I’ve noticed an error some people get when linking to their builds at gw2skills.net. This is due to a semicolon (;) in the URL. If there’s a semicolon in your url, please use a URL shortener (tinyurl.com or bit.ly) until we are able to fix this error with linking and semicolons. Thanks!

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tony.2150

Tony.2150

but.. but…. i have to copy and past Soooo much, cant i just spam bump :P

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Please do not spam bump. I know copying and pasting data you’ve already posted is frustrating, but it’s for the greater good!

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tony.2150

Tony.2150

I’m only going to do this if you can do us in the necro community a favor
With small hotfixes to necros and bug fixes. We here at the necro forum want detail of why it was bugged/ and how said fix was implemented.
And also a post on our bug thread as well addressing to they are hashes that said fixes were changed and as well as in gwiki state of game updates. Then we will participate in said such builds to be post here and keep a postive outlook on necros.
And don’t worry I don’t spam bump :p

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odoakar.4759

Odoakar.4759

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3810009t4rlp4o4u25au00u4v56656bh8h9hq

That’s for PvE.

In PvP, the traits are a bit different. The first spite trait is six, and the last soul reaping trait is the one for life blast piercing, and instead of epidemic I use corrupt boon.

For some reason the build didn’t save… oh well, looked like a good calculator.

(edited by Odoakar.4759)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: clerk.5307

clerk.5307

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/psi-bleeder-spvp-bleed-clerk-condition-spvp-4974.html

Clerks necro build

Clerk/Mirzet (PSI)
Player Skill Issue

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

At this moment, this is what I am going for: http://tinyurl.com/cbsyz9m

really like the scepter/dagger combo combined with the staff, found it to be a blast in wvw as well. Looking forward to seeing how it does end game.

For doofus the squirrel The thread is for necro builds. If you want to kitten and moan about the class there are several other threads with folks rehashing the same gripes over and over. Go join them.

I think this is the build everyone is playing. At least it is the one I’m playing since it is the most effective (in sPvP i mean).

I’ve tried to run Axe/Warhorn and Staff, but the damage output is unsatisfactory. Same with Dagger/Warhorn. By the way, I feel the dagger quite strange since you have to stay in close range to autoattack and then you can go in medium range to use the other skills… Why this?

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Corpus.5347

Corpus.5347

I have been toying with the idea of a pure melee/in your face necro with some minor life drain assistance, some decent escapes/gap closers, etc and came up with this:

http://tinyurl.com/8byofuc

Not too sure if it uses anything that is terribly bugged, but it should have pretty decently high damage output. Would like to test it and see how it does in Heart of the Mist.

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Corpus.5347

really like the scepter/dagger combo combined with the staff, found it to be a blast in wvw as well. Looking forward to seeing how it does end game.

For doofus the squirrel The thread is for necro builds. If you want to kitten and moan about the class there are several other threads with folks rehashing the same gripes over and over. Go join them.

I think this is the build everyone is playing. At least it is the one I’m playing since it is the most effective (in sPvP i mean).

I’ve tried to run Axe/Warhorn and Staff, but the damage output is unsatisfactory. Same with Dagger/Warhorn. By the way, I feel the dagger quite strange since you have to stay in close range to autoattack and then you can go in medium range to use the other skills… Why this?

I am not sure, I think maybe it was meant to be mixed with other weapons. look how I combined the weapons in my most recent one. I kinda like the theory behind it, just a matter of seeing it in practice.

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Corpus.5347

Whoops looks like my other build got deleted. reposting it without the snark.

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krltplps.1965

Krltplps.1965

Part 1 of 3
My Minion Master Necro Spec
http://tinyurl.com/krltplps
I came up with it on my own over hours of pouring over talent calcs. I’m sure there are many out there that are similar, and I sometimes swap things out like 20% cooldown on minions vs 20% cooldown on staff recharge. I frequently have no idea what I’m doing. I love being good at the game but not super hardcore min/maxer…so use at your own risk.

Weapons:
Early levels I had a very hard time keeping pets alive longer than a few seconds. It gets better in the later levels, but think of necro pets as disposable…..NOT like ranger pets who seem to live longer to me. This was a bit of a mental block I had when I first started playing necro.
Because pets are a bit squishy, I used a Dual Dagger / Staff combo in the early levels. Face tanking and holding agro helped keep the pets alive a bit longer.
Now that I’m 80 I tend to go Axe + War Horn / Staff combo. I highly recommend War Horn offhand for the speed buff in all scenarios….but if you tend to favor pvp, Dagger + War Horn is nice for the 3 sec single target immobilize, and Scepter + War Horn is nice for the 5 sec 50% speed reduction aoe.

Slots 6-0:
Rather obvious, you fill them with pets!
6 is Blood Fiend, 0 is Flesh Golem. (You can unlock Flesh Golem at 30 as long as you save up 10 skill points by then)
7-9 gives you 3 slots to stick a possible 4 pets in. Personally Bone Fiend and Shadow Fiend are must-haves for a nice range pet that can immobilize, and a decent tanky pet that can blind. That leaves you with 2 bone minions or the flesh worm.
Early levels I hated the bone minions because a lot of times they’d die before I could even detonate them, and their damage wasn’t that impressive. The downside of the worm is that it’s more like a turret as it won’t move…but the teleport can be very handy. Later on in levels I went back to the bone minions and their hp is a lot nicer, as is their explosion damage. I also like the 2x bone minions as there’s a talent in the build that gives you +20 toughness for each pet you have out.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Krltplps.1965

Part 2 of 3
Talents:
20 in Spite, using Runes 6 and 9
30 in Death Magic using Runes 3, 10, and 11
20 in Blood Magic using Runes 2 and 7
What this gets you:
20 Spite:
+200 power, +20% condition duration, you gain life whenever you kill something, 5% of your power boosts your heal. Then the runes boost your pet damage by 30% (rune 9) and in your shadow form every time you cast the main 1 attack you gain a power buff stack (rune 6)
30 Death Magic:
+300 Toughness, +30% Concentration, you summon a jagged horror when you kill something (30 sec cooldown), +20 to toughness for each pet you have out, 5% of your toughness boosts your power. Then the runes let you recast your minions faster once they die(Rune 3) minions have 50% more health(10), and whenever a minion dies it leaves behind a poison cloud(11)
20 Blood Magic:
+200 Vitality, +200 Compassion, Gain 5 sec of Regen when hp dips below 90%, and you siphon life whenever you hit a foe. With runes you get a 50% boost to siphon health (2), and all your minions siphon health and send it to you (7).

Gear:
Here is where I’m pretty clueless. It’s pretty obvious we want Toughness since 5% of that boosts power, and then 5% of power goes on to boost healing power. Where I get fuzzy is the Power vs Condition Damage stat. Which is better for us? Depends on the weapons you use, I guess? Do stats boost pet abilities like their condition damage? Any advice here is appreciated.

(edited by Krltplps.1965)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Krltplps.1965

Part 3 of 3
Playstyle:
By 30 you have all your pets unlocked, in theory, and are getting a good feel for your class. Staff is great for long-range AoE, but has some pretty high cooldowns. That first 5 points in Death Magic seems absolutely useless at first, as the jagged horror will die before it ever even gets close to a mob…..but by the time you have 30 points in Death Magic that little guy is pretty darn useful. The 50% extra health lets him live longer, and when he does die he’ll explode in a nice cloud of poison gas, as will all your other pets. You could easily switch one of the 3 Death Magic runes out for a 20% reduction in staff skills, but I have a hard time picking one of the 3 runs to rotate out.
Running with Dual Daggers is just plain fun to me, even at 80, but basically impossible to tag stuff in group events or pvp….so while I’ll keep some daggers in my bags, they rarely get used anymore.
I will frequently pop Death Shroud just to blow the #4 AoE ability to enhance staff aoe damage while waiting on cooldowns. Death Shroud is also really nice as a “oh hell I’m about to die and need a 2nd health bar”. That combined with our high toughness and all pets siphoning health makes MM Necros quite hard to kill.

Professions:
Cooking and Jewelcrafting benefit any class, really….plus they’re great for leveling up later on. Artificing is a good one for that one day super long dream of having a Legendary Staff. Tailoring is great for armor and bags! (or just be super OCD and level up all 8 once you race to 80 and complain about being bored and lack of content!)

Some things to note:
Know going into it that Necro pets are disposable and can be resummoned in combat!
All pets have a secondary use ability. Don’t overlook the heal, immobilize, blind, or even worm teleport!
I have absolutely no idea if +heal power helps siphon life. Not sure if Cleric Insignia would be really good, or just stick to Knight runes for armor crafting.
Necros are horribly bugged in a lot of areas right now (we’ve all seen the post of +100 bugs) and can be kind of frustrating to play. It can be very annoying to play a pet class and see them die all the time, or just stand around not doing anything as they watch you die. These issues caused me to overlook the necro early on, and I am so glad I went back to give em a 2nd shot.
The bugs are being worked on, so level and gear up now for the day we’re eventually fixed! I have always loved pet classes and seeing the dev responsiveness to all issues (not just necros) gives me a lot of hope for the class in the future.

(edited by Krltplps.1965)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Corpus.5347

so out of sheer curiosity, I thought I might see what I would do for a pure deathshroud spec. I may change the weapons up. but this is VERY tanky, and im actually pretty curious to try it out in spvp as well

http://tinyurl.com/9beohxq

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: HappyCerberus.3178

HappyCerberus.3178

sPvP pressure kitting build (still needs a bit work, but useful)

Traits:

• Spite 25 (I + X)
  • Curses 30 (II + X + XI)
  • Blood Magic 15 (III)

Equip:

• Scepter of Agony / Dagger of Agony
  • Axe of the Hydromancer / Horn of Energy
  • 2x Rune of Centaur
  • 2x Rune of Krait
  • 2x Rune of Afflicted
  • Carrion Amulet

Slot Skills:

• Consume Conditions
  • Blood is Power (or Plague Signet for extra stun-break)
  • Spectral Walk
  • Corrupt Boon
  • Plague

Strategy:

• don’t ever use death shroud, you don’t have stability or stun break in death shroud, you will get stunned and over-run
  • you want to put as many bleed stack on an enemy as possible and then back of, the bleed will do the rest
  • switch targets when one enemy has enough stacks
  • if you are over-numbered switch weapons, pop 5 a run
  • if you are over-numbered and need to hold, pop elite, you can sometimes down a full enemy team with plague alone
  • think about your dodge directions a positioning, each dodge places a Mark of Blood, try to lure enemies into these for extra bleeding stacks

(edited by HappyCerberus.3178)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: HappyCerberus.3178

HappyCerberus.3178

so out of sheer curiosity, I thought I might see what I would do for a pure deathshroud spec. I may change the weapons up. but this is VERY tanky, and im actually pretty curious to try it out in spvp as well

http://tinyurl.com/9beohxq

It’s much less tanky than it seems. You die supper fast to warriors, cause you won’t have time to react to their attacks from the close range.

Plus the dmg is pathetic (except for the elite)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: forice.3165

forice.3165

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/18307-bleed-heal-minion-necromancer

bleed heal minion necromancer.
this is really viable build without bugs in real fight.
i explained about this build in the site.

(edited by forice.3165)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

forice.3165

Hey everybody,

I’ve seen a few threads around where people are posting their builds, but those threads are getting lost in the throng of other posts on the forum. So, I present to you, a build thread.

• Post your favorite builds here.
  • Be sure to post as many details about your build and how you play it so others may benefit from your knowledge.
  • Also, feel free to ask for advice on your build as well.

Note: I’ve noticed an error some people get when linking to their builds at gw2skills.net. This is due to a semicolon (;) in the URL. If there’s a semicolon in your url, please use a URL shortener (tinyurl.com or bit.ly) until we are able to fix this error with linking and semicolons. Thanks!

use http://en.gw2codex.com instead of gw2skills.net.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Archmagel.1350

Archmagel.1350

Yikes… I see others have brought their daggers to this thread. I think I will keep mine in the bank, but anyways, here is my build and some details.

http://tinyurl.com/cxw9fej

(I know I don’t have have a Grandmaster trait, but I don’t feel that I would get as much out of them as I would for branching in the other trees. I use this in pve and spvp, but I am building myself up for tpvp. Also, I am not claiming that I am pro or anything. This is just the build that fits my play style.)

I have found this build to work nicely for myself, well, as nicely as I can considering the staff bugs. This build is focused on power, with condition damage as a secondary means of damage, and toughness to get the staff skills, live a bit longer, and get a small amount of power while I am at it. The way I play it is, like any mage would try to combat an enemy, keep the enemy as far away as possible. I feel like I get more out of the staff than any other weapon, so it is my main. It has a good balance of damage and control, and that is great for my build. With the increased area of the marks, it is much easier to control large crowds of enemies, and it helps me double conditions. Whether I am trying to guard the keep in wvw, or trying to bring down enemies trying to capture those points in spvp, the staff is the weapon of my choice, though I use the scepter/dagger combo when needed.

Weapon:

Staff 1- Does some damage and grants 3% life force. Good for keeping my life force up so I am able to use DS for defensive measures.

Staff 2-Send this out as soon as you can. This is your secondary source of damage.

Staff 3-Use this for slowing your enemies. When you find a nice opening, use it with Corrosive Poison Cloud to make a combo.

Staff 4- This skill mitigates conditions for you and is the most damage dealing mark. I know I don’t like bleeding because of “Blood is Power”, but I think my enemy does, so I believe that I should just give him my bleeding, along with any other condition on me. Also, because it is an AoE, I won’t leave his friends left out either. Aren’t I just a nice person?

Staff 5- This skill is one I only use as an interrupter or to make a hole. There really is nothing glamorous about it, sadly.

Skills:

Consume Conditions- I chose this for the ease of building up more healing, and to be a mitigate skill when the staff and scepter/dagger transfers are on their long cd.

Corrosive Poison Cloud- This is a corruption skill, so it benefits from “Master of Corruption” in regards of having a lower cd. It is also used for the poison combo field, along with Staff 3. This skill also weakens and poisons enemies. Finally, since you weaken yourself, you can either use that to heal or lengthen the time the enemies are weakened.
Epidemic- This skill is perfect for 2 or more enemies. Throw as many conditions on one (or both) as much as you can, then hit this button and the targets friend(s) feel twice the pain! And gives you a condition to do whatever you want with.
Blood is Power- This is my favorite skill. The enemy takes so much bleed damage, gives you a condition to to whatever you want with, and is only 24s cd for such a powerful skill.
Lich- This is my “Gtfo” skill. Whenever I feel too threatened, I play this skill. It is great for helping your team push the enemy back, or for bringing down those few that have ganged up on you. You also receive the added benefit of summoning many minions, which procs your “Protection of the Horde” to help keep you alive as well.

That pretty much sums up how I play Necro.

Fort Aspenwood~ Archmage Logan(80 Necro)
(“Big Hat”)Praise the Sun!

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mushy.3964

Mushy.3964

PvE/WvWvW CD-Well build

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#MzVm0zcMoMhRomoNRMGx9MGmkMsbzs

Not found a sPvP build that works for me yet.

Officer of Vitas
WvW Squad Leader

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: dgire.8742

dgire.8742

“Death Shroud Build”

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#McVczm9MmFwvMmFwvMax9MxoMVqoMb

If you switch the offhand dagger with a focus you pretty much are gonna always be in Death Shroud… it’s an interesting build and I’ve been enjoying it. Other than that I’ve been messing around with minion master.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

forice.3165

i really don’t think people see my build if i post it here. so i want to post it here and the forum both. LOL.
http://en.gw2codex.com/build/18416-highest-bleed-corruption-damage-necromancer
my highest bleed damage necromancer. you cause bleed and poison as possible at highest efficiency. therefore the highest damage. i challenge my highest damage.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swain.7290

Swain.7290

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/261c9bm.jpg[/IMG]
My meleemancer build. Traits are 30/20/0/20/0. Taking iv x and xii in spite. iv and viii in curses, and V and X in blood magic.

You’re extremly durable with this build with all the lifesteal you have. Even though the healing amounts are really low, because of how often you crit the healing amounts does add up to a pretty good amount if you kno how to stick to your target. and with all the CC this build its not that hard lol. You’re naturally faster than most people because of all the passive movement speed. Add in the warhorn 5 skill that also cripples and basically all you do is mash 1 until its time to go for the kill. You have 4 interrupts so preventing a target from healing or escaping shouldn’t be very hard. Spectral armor also allows you to live at very low amounts of health or if you find yourself in some onetrick-pony combo it will break you from the stun and severely reduce the dmg you take.

kawaii kawaii desu desu desu. I Am rael nihonjin nao?

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zintair.1987

Zintair.1987

Critmancer build thread. WVW.

Condition + Crit/Power hybrid

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/WvW-Critmancer-Build-Power-Condition/first#post198743

This is the thread for it. There is just too much and I didn’t want to spam multiple posts with a build guide.

[ISA] – Commander
80 Necromancer – Zintair

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xelfer.9710

Xelfer.9710

I have two builds I predominantly play (tPvP) a Hybrid condi/support and a tank spec.

Hybrid Spec: http://tinyurl.com/8qrkzz4

Tank Spec: http://tinyurl.com/9xc5k5z

They work pretty well, both of them.

I also stream in the evenings/night with my team if you want to see how the builds are played. We have been trying to set up games against iO and other good teams: http://www.twitch.tv/xelfer5

(edited by Xelfer.9710)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narmix.4862

Narmix.4862

I’m using the traditional scepter/dagger + staff conditionmancer build. Bleeds…

I used this build before even coming to the forums; i.e. I decided this build was the most viable build on my own.

I decided by level 15 that dagger main hand was a joke and put it out of my mind completely. I had completely forgot we could even use a dagger in our main hand; that’s just how bad it is.

Siphon life abilities are incredibly under performing/underwhelming.

And I’d like to just throw in that I hate how our main class mechanic, death shroud, is entirely focused on the worst build for necro right now: power. Necromancers, from a design perspective, seem like they’re ideally supposed to be about using conditions/condition manipulation. Why, then, is death shroud all about power? Both damaging abilities are power abilities.

We need at least an F2 version of death shroud that has condition-based abilities. Or just lazily stick stacks of bleed on the #1 ability; I won’t tell anyone.

This same build will be posted 10000 times since it’s the most commonly used, but I’ll humor you with the details anyway.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQAQNAW7YjMaN7tbyb87JApCXH9gYjTm6R5mjOA;TsAAzCpogxAjAGrPOfk+sqYUx2DA

The build is about support and mainly manipulating conditions. Necros are terrible at stacking bleeds/damage conditions in terms of efficiency compared to other classes, but we’re able to at least take advantage of our teammates’ (thieves/rangers) ability to stack a ridiculous amount of bleeds; we can epidemic them to everyone else.

I play support. Chill people, stack whatever conditions our necro class is meagerly capable of stacking, and corrupt the boons of well-buffed people — then spread the love with epidemic.

Might I say though… it’s pretty bad how little we can actually stack our own conditions. As a thief, I can stack 25 bleeds in under 5 seconds (this is no exaggeration); as a ranger, I can do nearly the same. Why are necromancers, the poster child for conditions, unable to create their own conditions as quickly as other professions? Would we be imbalanced if we could not only manipulate conditions, but also create them quickly? Our bleed stacking is abysmal compared to thieves.

I mean, what were you guys thinking giving thieves a HUGE aoe, very long duration (14 seconds) aoe bleed inducer that can stack 10 stacks of bleed even after the bleeds get cleansed and put it on a 26 (traited) cool down? Death blossom is a joke; 10 second bleed duration, 3 stacks each, spammable and in an AOE. We have nothing like any of that.

I guess we’re just supposed to be about manipulating conditions, not creating them.

(edited by Narmix.4862)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tamashii.7513

Tamashii.7513

Well I went slightly different with my necro, its mostly pure support with some condition damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgAQNAsaRl4zyoHSTlGa9IxJFQ35keUaWv6SKi9tB

now I ran a full condition build with lv 80 rares, and I noticed that the damage wasnt so substantial, and if you are constantly in parties with other there is only so much your damage actually does since there is a limit on stacks. So I went with my lv 80 exotic all healing, toughness and power including accesories. Let me tell you its amazing. My well of blood heals for almost 700hp per tic, and mark of blood heals for 320 something ish per tic if I recall correctly. Used two superior runes of water and dwayna, and the rest of the gear was imbued with sapphire crystals until I figure out what i want to do for my weapons. Rotating wells keeps protection on most of the time with boon duration which make my heals more effective, and i stack condition just as fine and my power is high enough that I do damage.

The only things i change are for wvw, where if im roaming the map ill switch to D/D combination for the root, since i can have my wells and marks be more effective and my team mates can finish off running allies. Yes I know the scepter “2” attack does cripple, but I just use staff “3” after the root and it’s just as effective. If I’m in pve and not in a dungeon I’ll switch well of power for well of suffering.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sivorick.1674

Sivorick.1674

I wrote this up for a guildy asking for advice concerning his Necromancer and remembered this thead.

I played my necro to 77 and have shelved him until a few things concerning the class are addressed. I love necro. I love the lore and really have played Necro through all the testing phases, but there are some issues with the class.

With all that said you can achieve success in every aspect of the game with Necro, but your options are limited. As far as wvw goes I would suggest going one of two builds.

1. The Plague Bringer (DPS)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQAQNAW7YjMap7Nbub87JAJFXHd0DiNmZKFmzOA

The concept of this build it to use the staff or scepter depending on your range to stack conditions on one target and then to Epidemic all their conditions to everyone in range. If you do this on a marked focus fire target with one or more condition stackers going crazy you will absolutely wreck large packs of enemies. You are also carrying Plague Signet which is a tricky skills since it pulls conditions from your allies to you. If you aren’t careful it can kill you. You have two ways to dump your conditions. Consume condition acting as your heal will cleanse you and grant bonus healing. Plague signet on activiate dumps all your conditions onto your target.

The Pandemic Rotation -
1. Mark of Blood, Chillblains, Putrid Mark (Staff #2-4)
2. Swap to scepter if they are within 900 range
3. Start auto attacking while queuing up Grasping Dead(scepter #2)
4. On the third auto attack drop Grasping dead & immediately follow with enfeebling blood(dagger OH #5)
5. Cast Blood is Power (you can also use Plague Signet if you have any conditions on you to transfer)
6. Cast Epidemic
7. Watch them suffer

2. The Condition Clerk (Support)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQAQNAW3djQad6NbaaM8JAJFYb90DuHX8IFBPMA

This build is has very low damage output, but is perhaps the only thing a Necro can do that is a bit different from any other profession out there. The goal of this build is to help your allies manage their conditions while attempting to debuff your enemies at the same time. With AOE targeted wells you can keep your distance. The axe is my main hand choice for this build since you can gain retaliation with Unholy Feast (axe x3) & can build vulnerability on your target. Any other alternate mainhand weapon set could be argued since your damage is going to be pretty bad no matter if you go condition damage or direct damage. But let’s take a look at what your options are for dealing with conditions….

(This build can apply some conditions & provide a little bit of AOE healing for your allies)

1. Well of Power – converts allies conditions to boons for 5 seconds (48 sec cooldown)
2. Well of Corruption – converts boons on allies to condtions for 5 seconds (36 sec cooldown)
3. Spinal Shivers – Strips 3 boons from foes
4. Grim Specter – (lich form #5) AOE Boon Strip on foes/Condition Removal on allies
5. Plague Signet – Draws conditions from allies/sends them to a foe on activate.

So yeah… there you have it. The staff is your friend in wvw and it’s mark based mechanic is pretty unique. Neither of these builds really open up til level 40. Most power based direct damage builds for necro under perform so that rules out a lot of our options. You can achieve some success using a power based build that relies on Death Shroud heavily, but I still feel they are still under performing. We also have some issues with some bugged traits that hurt builds as well. I’m hoping we see a bit of trait shuffling to synergize our builds sometime soon.

Sivorick Andrathi
The Guardians – Isle of Janthir
http://www.guardianhq.com/

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deistik.7802

Deistik.7802

The whole point of this build is to maximize crit and crit damage, and stack power as much as you can – it’s all about utilizing the damage that Death Shroud really can put out.

The way I’m currently geared (power/crit/critdmg) and specced (10/30/0/0/30), I’m almost always at 84% crit with 110% crit damage. I’m using Reaper’s Might in Spite, Reaper’s Precision, Focused Rituals, Withering Precision in Curses, and Unyielding Blast, Soul Marks, Near to Death in Soul Reaping. Axe/dagger and Staff with Sigils of Frailty, Strength, and Purity.

This means every time I crit I have: 66% chance for bleed, 60% chance to remove a condition (10s cooldown), 33% chance to get 1% LF, 30% chance to apply both Vulnerability and Might, 25% to apply Weakness. Axe is for keeping Vulnerability stacks up while not in DS, but my staff auto attacks crit for ~2k and pierce in a line, my Life Blasts crit from 4.5-5.5k and pierce in a line (and cause Vulnerability and grant Might). Every Mark grants 3% LF, and you get Spectral Armor if you hit 50% hp.

Healing skill is Consume, utility skills are Well of Suffering, Signet of Undeath (passive LF regen/emergency rally), and Blood is Power (+20% LF instantly). Lich form obviously works well with this build, but sometimes I still go Plague for all the blinding.

This is by all means, a PvE build (although I think it would be decent in WvW if you had some support) mainly meant for doing the most upfront dps you can while still being a viable utility class (blinds/weakness/vulnerability). The main weakness is, obviously, you have lower HP than other builds, and you have less armor – so being successful in this build means you have to be pretty good at avoiding incoming damage with dodges, blinds at the right time, etc.

Using DS as much as possible for the 5 seconds you have Fury is a key element. You basically want to always stay above 50% LF, just pop in and launch off 3-4 Life Blasts then hop out and get your LF back through marks/signet/blood is power/deaths, etc. If you get your rotation tight enough you can get to 20-some stacks of might and 25 stacks of Vulnerability on the mob(s), and that = crazy Life Blast numbers.

Overall, I’m extremely satisfied with this build, and I think all that needs to be done (aside from some obvious bugs) to make it compete with other “dps” classes would be better power ratio on weapon/DS skills and better damage period on our channeled burst skills.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQEQNAW7YjEal6ta2a07JCpHRjaTbSR3AHki3LNA;TABgyyuEcJ5S1liLKiMEJIySkjIJRrAGKsVYiB
(if the link doesn’t work you can copy it and paste the url directly)
this is the purest form of minion master I could find. It focuses heavily on utilizing the minions and supporting your allies. This is mostly a PvE build.

More or less you want to maintain weakness on your enemies at all times. Healing power is really wasted on you despite having a 6 second cooldown AOE regen that heals for a third of your self heal, so you want to focus on maintaining weakness as a form of aggressive protection. Thanks to your staff’s blast finisher, all the poison combo fields you create, and the dagger enfeebling blood, you will be hard pressed not to have it up constantly. Your allies will love you for the 25% reduced enemy DPS.

Use mark of blood to heal your minions or allies, don’t run up to enemies to heal yourself with it. Outside of dungeons you should never ever get downed due to your immense toughness and all the passive healing you receive from minions. In a dungeon the last thing you want to do is run up to the enemy on low health.

Save your reaper’s mark (the fear) for when enemies are all over your bone fiend or you. It’s counter productive to use it otherwise as it spreads enemies out, reducing your AOE spells’ effectiveness.

Conditions on you are nothing to fret about. putrid mark automatically transfers all of your conditions onto the enemy even if you aren’t in the blast radius (this is probably a bug, but idk). The dagger’s deathly swarm gives you another way to remove conditions, so between them you should be fine.

Death shroud should be used every time life transfer is off cooldown. No matter how much you stack condition damage the damage from life blast over all is more than any auto attack you can dish out thanks to the might. At the moment my necro doesn’t have full exotic, but despite stacking condition damage my scepter hits for a grand total of 450 damage (including the bleed damage) while life blast hits for a consistent 1k. You basically use life transfer when you can for the AOE damage and heal, then use life blast until you get to half life force. Remember, death shroud needs to be used proactively in this build. Since you aren’t a death shroud necro it will NOT work as an OH kitten button at all.

Use minion actives whenever possible in mob fights, but with a bit of finese. I’ll try to explain how to utilize them well.

shadow fiend; use the blind on enemies who are about to/using a big windup heavy blow. blind still makes AOEs miss entirely. It’s also good when 2-3 enemies are tightly packed together. The cooldown is short, so feel free to use it to begin a fight with enemies as well. (this also happens to be a good way to avoid the “afk minions” ai bug.)

bone minions: use their putrid explosion whenever possible. Their auto attack damage over the course of 10 seconds is less than 1/3rd the damage putrid explosion does to a single target. Use it whenever there is a combo field around, or if the bone minions are in a big mob. just keep an eye on which one is closer. One of them tends to stand next to you for most of the battle, and you don’t want to waste them.

flesh golem: his AOE knock down is probably your best CC available. watch where he is on the battle field and target the enemy directly opposite of where he is. If you do it correctly he will charge straight through the center of the fight doing the most damage possible.

bone fiend; this one is pretty hard to use. atm he really just tends to root enemies right next to him causing his own death, just use it right at the beginning of a fight and whenever it’s off cooldown and hope he doesn’t die for it.

blood fiend: consume it ONLY if you’re at 25% HP or know the boss can one shot you from your current health pool. It’s passive heal and the health it also gives you from vampiric minions tends to be quite nifty, and you’d be surprised what you can live through. The consumption should only be a panic button.

In boss fights try to use them as clutch spells only. The blind still works but is much harder to time, the flesh golem charge will only interrupt if the planets/defiant charges are in line so use it to interrupt and hope it works. The bone fiends root removes a defiant charge I believe, so use it when possible.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

(edited by striker.3704)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

this is what im going for

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#McVcMm0MoGMhoMoaRMGx0G0MkMsqVR

putting an emphasis on precision and condition damage.

thugged out since cubscouts

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cyrkle.9230

Cyrkle.9230

im still messing around with my build its a high hp build mainly that i like to call the necro-sin strong criticism please will be greatly appreciated

i play the build very similar to how a thief plays except i don’t have stealth and i don’t have any jump to target type skills so i roll alot and dance around targets it works well especially when my hp hits 25% mark in long fights and i switch to shroud and switch back and my wells are off cool my precision is very high and i try to spec some condition dmg even though im more focused on a vampire type build so power should be my stat of choice but as i said still testing cant exactly give pointers on it and here’s a screen shot i took when i went to sPVP and tried it out build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQAQNAoYWjQaV6ZbKbM8JApCNP9gbv1O6BxKzMA

Attachments:

(edited by Cyrkle.9230)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rahlekk.3528

Rahlekk.3528

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/dagger-mancer-dagger-focus-axe-vulnerability-wells-6932.html

Not much to say really. It’s a melee Necro build that uses Wells. Works extremely well for me in leveling, not so much PvP.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cyphon.5412

Cyphon.5412

Right now, trying to run this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQAQNAoYWjQaZ6haWaM8JApCXP9g7xFP6RxDzMA;TkAqbM3Iuxej7G5NLQGgMXA

with full set of gossamer Carrion gear (vit/cond dmg/power) and emphasis on accessories that provide healing, condition dmg, vit and toughness, so I have fairly high condition dmg and healing power, altho it could use some puching upwards because my weapons aren’t on par with the armor I tailored for myself.

It’s an attempt to squeeze utility out of standing in the back ranks during WvW such that a constant barrage of marks and wells help create a dangerzone that can be slowly shifted forwards to force the enemies back. I do understand a couple of the traits I’ve selected might be bugged or not working as well as they should…and I’d sure like to try using the one that increases Marks’ diameter to see how that changes the dynamic (and I read that one is completely broken)…but it’s working fairly well for now (could be better), particularly with the runes of hydromancy on each weapon set giving a 3 second freeze with frequent weapon swaps so I can force mobs or pvp enemies to stay in the wells while I flee from their attempt to CQC me. I may try switching to a rune of geomancy on the staff though on the theory that if I’m switching to staff, it’s probably beacuse I’m not getting CQC’d and can focus on a little more damage via the bleed instead of proc’ing a CC.

Also considering swapping from the Dwayna set to Grenth to proc even more chills/freezes on the “damage set” (I made a full gossamer Cleric’s set too hehe), but I have to admit that Dwayna is all-around nice for survivability and pumping out some healing in both pvp and pve. I’d like to try a high end Shaman armor config (tough/cond dmg/heal) to see how that fits in with the overall theory of the build. I might lose some health, but I’m thinking that over having over 26K right now is maybe a little overkill.

The build has also worked fairly well in PvE, but not great. Wells using ground targetting allows me to remain out of the fray and place a nice fatty healing circle on the melee and use the other wells on that area without trying to roll in and roll out, which is nice, but I think it’s a bit of a nerf to dmg to forgo the exploding and ranged minions. The wells for flip-flopping boons and conditions on enemies and teammates are nice, but are not extremely effective at helping you generate dps or making up for your lack of it by boosting your team’s dps. I’d like to try it with a scepter instead of dual daggers to see how that changes things too.

I had been trying a full 30 toughness/30 vitality trait configuration for using minions (wth the remaining 10 in prec/cond dmg), giving them extra health and using them as my source of health siphon instead of wells, but minions just annoyed me way too much because of the broken AI and the fact that they die so easily, even with the 50% health boost, and become a source of rezzes for the other team.

/end ramble

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cyphon.5412

Cyphon.5412

Sorry, I think my link was broken. Hopefully this one works:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQAQNAoYWjQaZ6daWaM8JApCNP9gbv1O6BxDzMA;TkAqbM3Iuxej7G5NLQGgMXA

And in case I don’t get it right the second time:

It’s basically 0/30/10/30/0, with the following:
20% faster staff skills,
20% faster wells,
50% better life siphon,
wells siphon life,
wells use ground targetting,
20% bleed duration and
25% to cause weakness on crit.

The last would be changed to 33% longer conditions from scepter skills if I switched from dual dagger. Also, 20% longer bleeds might be swapped out for chill-on-blind if going with the runes of hydromancy and runes of grenth in order to maximize messing with peoples’ cooldowns.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narmix.4862

Narmix.4862

It won’t let me edit my post up above to fix the link, so I have to make this new post; sorry.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQUQNArYWjEaF7tbObMcA

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kruptid.2867

Kruptid.2867

No love for direct damage Necros? Conditions are fun but I prefer something a little bit different when I PvP.

Alright here’s my take on a roaming, single target, direct damage Necro, utilizing some of our class’ CC.

Main source of damage is Auto Attack from dagger and well places Flesh Golem Charges.

Immobilize:
*Dark Pact (Dagger 3)
*Rigor Mortis (Bone Fiend active ability)

Knock Down:
*Charge (Flesh Golem active ability)
*Spectral Grasp

Cripple:
*Flesh Golem
*Bone Fiend

Chill:
*Spinal Shivers (Focus 2)
*Spectral Grasp
*Dark Path (Death Shroud 2)
*Sigil of Superior Ice (30% chance on Critical hit)

The damage is nothing to laugh at considering the survivability of this build. Almost 30k health and Life Force Pool that is replenishing extremely quickly due to spamming Necrotic Slash > Stab > Bite.

(edited by Kruptid.2867)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jaha.2840

Jaha.2840

30/30/0/0/10 for PvE

Scepter/Dagger swapping with Dagger/Warhorn

Condition consuming heal
Spectral Armor
Well of Suffering
Blood is Power
Plague

The goal of this build is to gain life force as fast as possible and use it mainly as offense with traits to stack might and fury on yourself and vulnerability on targets.

Outside of death shroud, this build does some very strong AoE, but you’ll want to be point blank on the group for optimal result with Well of Suffering and a quick DS for #4 and the free enfeebling blood AoE.

Single targets are best stabbed with dagger for high dps, but scepter will do fine as well. Keep swapping weapons for best result.

If you’re in a pickle, use warhorn to sprint and daze_ enemies and run like a kitten!

Cons: You’re a wet tissue. It’s important to understand your enemies, because you’re going to die if you cannot dodge well or do not know when to pop DS quickly for defensive hps and/or #3 instant fear.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arolas.5209

Arolas.5209

This is my current PvP setup (ish, I’m not on the gaming puter atm so I’m not 100% sure on the traits, but most are correct)
http://tinyurl.com/c6rxveb

I have gone for direct damage instead of the condition damage trend that seems to be going on. This is mainly because it seems to be a lot of players that’s having an anti-condition build atm, so I have gone for a high power(2.4k) and relatively high survivability build(1.8k toughness, 1.6k vitality). I used to go for a more squishy condition based build, but found myself dying more than I liked and not really doing the damage I wanted (but we are playing a necromancer though, I guess we can debate if we can ever do the damage we want in PvP compared to the other classes :P ).
I use an axe because of the vulnerability condition applied from auto-attacks and the retaliation boon from Unholy Feat. I also have a couple of traits that gives me retaliation for a few secs when I enter death shroud and use my heal, so I can get a fair few seconds of retaliation that are doing wonders on high burst damage classes like thieves and rangers. I also have a rune that gives me power when I swap to the axe in combat (I always start with the staff, unloading the marks first before I swap). So my build envolves a lot of weapon swapping and stance dancing. I feel that I can pack a decent punch (I’m doing 3k on Claws on average, did a 5k the other day, not great, but hey, I take what I can get), and can also take a decent amount of beating. I’m not quite satisfied with my build just yet, going to test a few runes on the off-hand, maybe try a different starter weapon set instead of staff, try some different armor runes etc. But overall I think this is a fun build to play around with

Arolas, lvl 80 Necromancer
Far Shiverpeaks

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Player One.4932

Player One.4932

Would someone please post a strong Bleed build? And maybe talk a bit about gear? I am having trouble getting maximum bleeding and maximum toughness in the same build.

Violator Xx

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tragedy.4867

Tragedy.4867

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: KlebThell.6257

KlebThell.6257

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.5.2.0.13.13.1.0.17.4.106.124.125.127.128.5.5.38.303.0.0.317.322.326.0.0.0.346.347.350.0.0.0.10.30.0.30.0

I don’t pvp at all, so don’t even go there. This works for me, and I enjoy the play style.

Note: I swap back and forth between Flesh Golem, Hounds of Blathazar and Plague Form, just depends on what kind of situation/environment I’m in.

When all else fail, hug a monkey.

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tutch.2496

Tutch.2496

This is my Wellmancer build. It works quite well for WvW defense/agression, but dependes heavily on equipment. I usually call it “bugmancer”

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#ccVm0czMzoMhxomFnaM0GxG0MsMokoR

Tutch – level 80 Human Necromancer
Representing Raiding with Scissors [RWS]
Currently at Henge of Denravi

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enerjak.2475

Enerjak.2475

@Tutch: I run a Well build as well… though I believe you can get much greater utility out of those wells than your current setup. You sacrifice a number of traits that would increase your AoE potential exponentially.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/necromancer#5|0|500|1199|1198|3918|1205|0|0|0|0|20|2326|688|0|20|1569|1566|0|30|2397|2320|693|0|0|0|0|0|0|3|28016|28016|49965|49965|49965|49965|49965|25790|21080|21080|21080|21080|21080|

GW2db isn’t the best calculator, but I believe you’d find yourself substantially stronger if you adjusted your traits and built yourself for high Crit chance and damage. Well builds don’t do a lot of conditions, but lots of AoE power to pump out. Combined with a more focused trait spec specifically for marks/wells, should do the job nicely.

Alcione Enerjak – Human Necromancer (Level 80)
Guild Leader – The Hakaishin [GODS] (Sorrow’s Furnace)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tutch.2496

Tutch.2496

Yep, and I see your point.

However, when I tried to trait for more damage with traits, I felt the difference is so small it doesn’t matters. I know there’s a great potential for AOE pump damage with wells as wells really benefit for a greater amount of power.

I’ve decided to “fix” this with runes and equipments, using Rune of the Undead (toughness/condition damage), which gives 5% toughness to condition damage. Paired with Deadly Strenght (5% toughness to power) and seeing that most stuff you get gives power/vitality/toughness, I tought this would be a greater benefit. E.g, specing 30 power in traits gives little to no difference to when you put 30 toughness and Deadly Strenght.

But how do you think I can improve it ? Your version of Wellmancer gave me something to think about and I’ll do some tweeks (e.g removing the 20% bleed for the chill at Curses).

Tutch – level 80 Human Necromancer
Representing Raiding with Scissors [RWS]
Currently at Henge of Denravi

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

My Minion Master Staff | Dagger+Warhorn build with focus on power, toughness and vitality/healing.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/necromancer#5|0|1200|4205|9243|2297|4693|20|1215|1563|0|0|0|0|0|30|2243|698|722|20|1580|692|0|0|0|0|0|3|15|4|28047|28046|49977|49977|49977|49977|49977|26062|0|0|0|0|0|

Tested on Svanir in the Heart of the Mists. Finished him with both me and my minions at 100% health as he was largely ignoring my minions (big mistake). So placing my marks and kiting him did the trick.

The Dagger+Warhorn set works nicely to finish off not so hard hitting opponents like the profession “dummies” in the Heart of the Mists.

Utility slot 7 and 8 could be filled with more minions (Bone Fiend, Flesh Worm) but for now I prefer the extra mobility.

No idea, if this actually works in sPvP. I just like to use the PvP staging area to try out stuff (mainly for PvE leveling) and then work towards that on my currently level 43 Necromancer.

(edited by xlion.3065)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

Condition-mancer
Hy guys.. i know that 90% of builds in this 3d are about conditionmancer.. now, this is my own:

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/necromancer#5|0|1201|1197|3888|466|4693|10|2334|0|0|30|2325|2324|2327|20|1569|1572|0|10|2321|0|0|0|0|0|0|6|3|3|28043|28023|49988|49988|49988|49988|49988|25903|48790|48790|48790|48790|48790|

quite simple.. dodge on your enemy’s face, spam of marck, use blood is powa and epidemic to blow your foes..
bout DS, use it just to cast additional ( and bugged ) enfeebling blood, and 2° and 3° skill..

thx to rune of undead your high toughness is more usefull, than dark armor works very nice ( when channeling——> +10 bleeding damages ) and your HP are hard to blow down..

so.. i hope before or then Target the Weak and deathly swarm will be fixed soon!!

so.. i hope before or then Target the Weak and deathly swarm will be fixed soon!!enjoy!!!

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

http://tinyurl.com/8dm3q49

I’m a pure MM necro ( their skills and traits )
Many players complain that minions are weak and bugged, however I see them powerful.
80% of necros say that well master is better than minion master , while I see the opposite.
My minions have saved my life too many times as I rarely die even in dungeons.
I’m level 59 necro with 15k HP( rarely to drop to 10K , thanks to my undead army XD ) and a lot of toughness .

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

Full spectral warrior build for tPVP but can be used for sPvP and WvW

2 seconds fears with damage high chill and protection uptime.

long description
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/tPvP-Staff-dagger-dagger-build-full-spectral-warrior/first#post376391

Post Your Build Thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dethroat.3514

Dethroat.3514

Dethroat – Human – Necromancer – War is Hell [WAR] Leader
Tarnished Coast