SOTG Interview: DS To Get a Unique Condition

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

BTW, I am very disappointed that Transfusion (Life Transfer healing) still won’t scale with healing power and still won’t be able to heal yourself though DS.

I am also very disappointed that the regen from Mark of Blood cannot heal me when I am in DS.

In layman’s terms, DS is a “self inflicted counter” to Transfusion and Mark of Blood.

All these contradictions and “self inflicted counters” of necro skills really need to be looked at.

I agree somewhat. I want to be able to receive healing while in Death Shroud sort of badly, although I recognize that letting people use their heal skill while in there could be too strong.

Although I thought Transfusion did scale with healing power, just not very well.
Edit: Huh, no, it doesn’t.

Transfusion scales with the % additional life force life transfer generates (going from 290 to 310 with full soldiers gear, as in useless unless you got 30 into SR and at least minior vit in all of your gear for as much of a change as vampiric would do if you would add just 5 points more into blood). Still imo a mandatory trait for every power necro since it gives the party what a ele/guardian dodge do every 32-40 seconds (and thats a lot in necro terms)), also small bit of self heal helps.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

BTW, I am very disappointed that Transfusion (Life Transfer healing) still won’t scale with healing power and still won’t be able to heal yourself though DS.

I am also very disappointed that the regen from Mark of Blood cannot heal me when I am in DS.

In layman’s terms, DS is a “self inflicted counter” to Transfusion and Mark of Blood.

All these contradictions and “self inflicted counters” of necro skills really need to be looked at.

I agree somewhat. I want to be able to receive healing while in Death Shroud sort of badly, although I recognize that letting people use their heal skill while in there could be too strong.

Although I thought Transfusion did scale with healing power, just not very well.
Edit: Huh, no, it doesn’t.

Transfusion scales with the % additional life force life transfer generates (going from 290 to 310 with full soldiers gear, as in useless unless you got 30 into SR and at least minior vit in all of your gear for as much of a change as vampiric would do if you would add just 5 points more into blood). Still imo a mandatory trait for every power necro since it gives the party what a ele/guardian dodge do every 32-40 seconds (and thats a lot in necro terms)), also small bit of self heal helps.

Are we both talking about the actual allied HP heal? Because I’m not sure you’re talking about that. As far as I can tell it’s 292 at level 80, always.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Signet improvements – Buffing the passive is not the answer. The signets are the issue, this general buff while it continues to improve the value of Signet of Undeath, the rest of them are still not worth taking.

Etc.

The signet change is a good one. There needs to be an actual choice as to whether losing the passive buff is worth it or not. Also remember we aren’t the only people with signets, this is to make signets that are currently being used more of an interesting gameplay decision, not to correct the actives for unused signets.

Remember that the SOTG isn’t an all inclusive ask everything wrong with the game for every single class. It is for the devs to read off their list of fixes per class, get a few questions, and give a general idea of where the game is going. This means they aren’t going to talk about every single tiny issue for every class. It means that unless something is specifically being fixed, or on their minds, it is up to the rest of the people to ask.

It isn’t the place for a lot of what people seem to expect, it is just a way for the devs and community (via leaders) to communicate directly for a few minutes per class.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

The signet change is a good one. There needs to be an actual choice as to whether losing the passive buff is worth it or not. Also remember we aren’t the only people with signets, this is to make signets that are currently being used more of an interesting gameplay decision, not to correct the actives for unused signets.

Remember that the SOTG isn’t an all inclusive ask everything wrong with the game for every single class. It is for the devs to read off their list of fixes per class, get a few questions, and give a general idea of where the game is going. This means they aren’t going to talk about every single tiny issue for every class. It means that unless something is specifically being fixed, or on their minds, it is up to the rest of the people to ask.

It isn’t the place for a lot of what people seem to expect, it is just a way for the devs and community (via leaders) to communicate directly for a few minutes per class.

The problem isn’t that there isn’t a choice, the problem is the choice is always keep the passive and ignore the active. They are buffing the passives which is ridiculous, because the only signet class that doesn’t care about the passives are Warriors, every other class, only chooses signets for the passives because the actives are so bad or on such an extended CD.

Let’s look at which class benefits by this change in form of their passives were worse than their actives.

1). Warriors – You always use the actives over the passives, but shouts are hands down better anways. This choice benefits the signet warriors.

2). Rangers – Nope – again while improving the passive is nice, the Actives are way too good not to use.

3). Guardians – Signets Actives are so bad, the passives are confusing (why condition damage on a signet), and even with the buff almost every other utility is better. The Buff does not change the fact that the actives are awful.

4). Elementalist – No one used signets before , no one will use them after, the passives are awful, the actives are even worse no benefit from change.

5) necromancers – Already explained this is awful

6). Theives – no benefit from this change – again actives are horrible passives are decent.

7) Mesmers – Do they even have signets?

8) Engineers – no signets – useless buff for them

So doesn’t solve any of the issues that are currently associated with signets unless you are a warrior and if you are running signets as a warrior how does this benefit you?

(edited by Bas.7406)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The only class that doesn’t is Engineer. And the point remains, they are trying to fix signets a little so they are more interesting to use. No one said this was the end all be all of signet changes, they are just fixing a small part of the gameplay associated with signets.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

The only class that doesn’t is Engineer. And the point remains, they are trying to fix signets a little so they are more interesting to use. No one said this was the end all be all of signet changes, they are just fixing a small part of the gameplay associated with signets.

How does buffing the passive of signets make them more interesting? It only makes them less likely to be activated which was the case anyways. If you wanted to make them more interesting than adding value to the active or lowering the CD and Cast Time is the way to go, not changing something that requires no action on my part.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The point is to make it an actual choice as to whether losing the passive effect is worth the active. That is good gameplay for signets. We can argue all we want about how signets are right now (terrible), but having signets for only actives or only passives are both useless; the way they are trying to take it is much better from a gameplay standpoint.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

The point is to make it an actual choice as to whether losing the passive effect is worth the active. That is good gameplay for signets. We can argue all we want about how signets are right now (terrible), but having signets for only actives or only passives are both useless; the way they are trying to take it is much better from a gameplay standpoint.

Again that’s not an answer to the question, there is no choice currently because the passives aren’t the issue. The actives for 90 percent of the classes are so bad that even the really weak passives are better than the actives on every single class.

My point is that in order for it to be better gameplay there has to be a reason to use the active. Currently there isn’t a reason to use a single signet active except to gimick a build. That’s it. No other reason.

The passives are fine, the actives are terrible on 90 percent of the signets therefore buffing the passives does nothing for gameplay since you don’t want the actives.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yes, that is a future issue that they will address, but not starting the road to fix that issue just because they can’t make the entire journey yet would be silly. They are starting on the path that will eventually bring them to interesting gameplay.

And yes, signet actives are used, with a few exceptions (warriors/rangers) the actives are the only reason signets are brought at all, because the passive stat bonuses are trash.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: McGrundle.7931

McGrundle.7931

Just going to throw around some ideas for the new condition based around a “Demonic Possession” theme. Some of the ideas may be unbalanced but the point is to create talking points and new ideas that can be balanced later…

Main Points:

1. Target is haunted for X duration, increasing condition damage by X%. After X sec. the entity moves to another enemy target and spreads confusion to nearby foes as it passes. If the entity is exorcised (cleansed) it can… (just ideas)

A. Take the form of a Flesh Reaver
B. Spawn Jagged Horrors (ie – Liche 4 without the mark)
C. Applies direct damage to its last target (most obvious but also least interesting)
D. Create a “Reapers Mark” around its last target before the cleanse
E. Remove boons equal to the number of cleansed conditions
F. Daze the last haunted target

Another direction…

A2. Heal nearby allies as it is dispelled (possibly in the form of a well/combo field)
B2. Provide boons to nearby allies (vague I know, but you get the point)
C2. Return to the caster in the form of life force (and possibly reset the cd on death shroud)
D2. Cleanse conditions from allies in a radius of last effected target

Last Direction

A3. The entity performs a DDos attack on the enemy team, successfully booting them from the game
B3. The entity escapes its code and forces the enemy player to physically alt+f4
C3. Whoever cleansed gets banned 4 lyfe

Obviously the last 3 are (awesome) jokes, but wanted to throw these ideas out there to start some good conversations.

in Necromancer

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Awesome ideas guys. Just wanted you to know we’re watching/listening to your ideas for things that fit GW2.

Keep in mind that we are trying to find a condition that can be used by multiple classes (doesn’t have to be all classes, but we like to keep the condies/boons low in the game so that it’s easy for players to learn) and something that has cool play for the caster, as well as the target.

So, with that in mind, keep the ideas flowing!

~J

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Otaking.4675

Otaking.4675

The new condition should also damage structures, so some kind of acid or decay theme might be appropriate. Condition builds are too weak against structures which limits their tactical viability in many situations and gets condi Necros killed by one ranger elite root.

It might be an AoE life drain to help with survivability issues, or a condition that enables other conditions to life drain/damage structures (and really no condi damage against structures should be addressed overall instead of a one-off fix IMO).

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

That’s actually a good one.

• Acid: Cannot be cleansed, deals damage and reduces armor value over time. Can be applied to structures. (Deals moderate to high damage like burn)

That way you can give Corrosive Poison Cloud a better use by implementing that condition into it.

Classes with it: Necromancer (Obviously), Engineer (Obviously), Mesmer, Thief, Ranger (On pets)

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

in Necromancer

Otaking.4675

“I agree somewhat. I want to be able to receive healing while in Death Shroud sort of badly, although I recognize that letting people use their heal skill while in there could be too strong.”

It absolutely isn’t too strong and I wish people would stop saying stuff like this. Plenty of classes get to heal by standing in a heal fountain inside full invulnerability or stealth.

Plenty of classes don’t lose a full trait line (siphons in blood) when they use their mechanic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

How about something that makes other conditions better?
It could increase the damage and time of incoming conditions, while itself dealing damage and being unremovable.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Otaking.4675

• Acid: Cannot be cleansed, deals damage and reduces armor value over time. Can be applied to structures. (Deals moderate to high damage like burn)

That way you can give Corrosive Poison Cloud a better use by implementing that condition into it.

Reducing armor value is really cool thematically but I’m biased for Necro, and when I think about our weaknesses, killing high armor targets like Guardians and Warriors isn’t one of them XD

Hopefully we get life drains somehow to help us kill those light armor eles and help us with our trash survivability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: McGrundle.7931

McGrundle.7931

The new condition should also damage structures, so some kind of acid or decay theme might be appropriate. Condition builds are too weak against structures which limits their tactical viability in many situations and gets condi Necros killed by one ranger elite root.

It might be an AoE life drain to help with survivability issues, or a condition that enables other conditions to life drain/damage structures (and really no condi damage against structures should be addressed overall instead of a one-off fix IMO).

Definitely a great idea, condition builds def need some love when it comes to structures though it would need balance in WvW for obvious reasons, but the life drain is a solid idea across the board. As the condition is going to be “cross-class” it needs a niche like the other conditions (ie Burn- “burst” damage, Bleed- attrition damage, Poison- support damage with utility vs heals, Cripple- Mobility reduction. etc etc)

The life drain concept is a great niche for a new condition that really focuses on attrition, and it compliments the aesthetics of a necro (eg. siphon/vampire builds) and could really open up some new builds for variety. Engis would work great with this as well for those that run defensive builds which utilize conditions to their favor.

Vulnerability is a unique concept (increases direct damage taken) how about a new condition that increases condition damage taken? It can be in the form of 1 duration, 2 intervals b/n “ticks” or 3 just a flat % increase on base “tick” damage.

Another niche (which every one’s already screaming for) is obviously a condition that deters cleanses in the form of either 1 direct damage (possibly aoe) 2 mass confusion (aoe) 3 removes boons as it is removed (aoe probably too powerful here) or 4 provides buffs for the caster (not necessarily boons, just something beneficial) You can get pretty creative here…

Lets keep this up!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daxxter.8920

Daxxter.8920

I don’t care what the new condition could be, it should start doing massive damage like burn as soon as it is applied and not like bleeding where it take 10 minutes to become noticable. It should also be something that not all classes can have so that when you apply it it’s not already at cap and does practicaly nothing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: PlasticHippo.8934

PlasticHippo.8934

whatever the new condition is I just hope that its good for both a condition build as well as power builds, right now DS is much more for power builds than condition, but both build types could use some help would like something neutral

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If you are hell bent on putting the new condition on our DS #5 then I really hope it benefits all types of builds.

So how about acid. A dot which scales off condition damage but increases physical damage taken by 5-10%. Maybe it boosts direct damage taken the more types of conditions on them.

But id still really like something which boosts our attrition. So ideally that would be something with heal. Maybe a life stealing dot. Considerably higher healing than the traits give but it would be over a smallish duration and on a longish cooldown to balance it.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I don’t care what the new condition could be, it should start doing massive damage like burn as soon as it is applied and not like bleeding where it take 10 minutes to become noticable. It should also be something that not all classes can have so that when you apply it it’s not already at cap and does practicaly nothing.

Definitely this. It has to ramp up fast. Our bleeds need like 10 seconds to even out with burst, and Poison, while ticks decent damage, doesn’t stack in intensity, so also takes long time to deal out damage.

It should be a short duration type condition, under 5 seconds base, that has a fairly specific secondary, maybe like it stuns for a second on application.

It should also be instant cast, too many of our actual counter play abilities have way too long cast times, and make the profession feel kind of slow and at the mercy of highly skilled opponents with faster cast abilities.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Classes with it: Necromancer (Obviously), Engineer (Obviously), Mesmer, Thief, Ranger (On pets)

This just sounds like poison and vulnerability that can’t be cleansed. I’m not sure this is creating new gameplay like they are looking for, and it doesn’t do much for a power build in my opinion.

I get wanting to damage structures but I don’t think it’s so important as to base a whole condition on it.

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

Maybe a life stealing dot.

Problem with this is if you stay in Death Shroud you can’t be healed. If the dot is short therefore, it would often be wasted.

Stealing a boon could be good as we don’t have access to that many.

in Necromancer

Posted by: datawais.7209

datawais.7209

I like the ideas of “cleanse hate,” acid, and “condi vuln”. The two former seem more likely since DS5 won’t be spammable/stackable.

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

I love the idea of a space creating skill. Something like the rangers Point Blank shot.

Either pushing the enemy back or making you leap back. We have a skill that moves us closer (Dark Path) but DS is often being used defensively, and would be ideal to have something to create space for us.

Then it would also apply the new condition, whatever that is going to be.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dervo.9186

Dervo.9186

I have to say, from gw1 my favorite hex was fragility. Basically, as long as it was on a player, it would cause damage whenever a condition was applied or recovered from (regardless of whether they removed it prematurely). While this might be overpowered for gw2 since bleed stacks at 25 over-write old bleeds, maybe if it was for conditions applied or removed.

This would cause the dilemma of whether to try cleansing it right away or just hoping it goes away before too many conditions are added to you, since this would be a condition that a necromancer would want to cover up.

I heard some people saying they want cover conditions like there were cover hexes in gw1, but without something you want to cover, there’s really not much point is there?

Also, this would help necromancers who spend a fair amount of time applying conditions like vulnerability, blind, chill, etc. All of which do no damage so they don’t benefit from condition damage.

It’s always felt like the perfect necromancer themed condition to me, and it could obviously be worked into the mesmer’s build as well, they are complaining right now that condition damage won’t be useful to them at all if confusion is nerfed too far, since it’s hard for them to apply bleeding. I’d probably stay away from giving it to the engineer though, vulnerability grenade spam is already good enough (though it’s probably getting nerfed from what I’ve read).

The largest issue I can see with this is that it might be awkward having it in ds, necros might only use it before leaving ds, unless they’ve taken death shiver or are underwater. Although in large groups, I’m sure they’d just let others apply the conditions if they want to stay in ds, which is another potential issue I guess.

(edited by Dervo.9186)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

I’d rather keep with Guild Wars lore and bring back Disease. Necromancer ability from GW1 example:

Virulence:

Elite Spell. If target foe was already suffering from a condition, that foe suffers from Disease, Poison, and Weakness for 3…13…15 seconds.

I don’t think this would cut it by itself though.. Suggestion:

Condition: Disease

Disease can be like Bleed or Poison, a DoT. To avoid making it 1 build only, make Disease have its own Condition Damage.

Mechanic: Disease can spread to 5 nearby foes. The damage starts low but builds up over time to a maximum damage and lasts on the player until cleansed, or has a long duration.

Necromancer Death Shroud Number 5 Ability:

Virulence: Inflict target foe with Disease, inflicting X amount of damage of Y duration. Disease spreads to foes within Z yards. Can spread to maximum of 5 additional players.

Necro only Mechanic: If target foe already has a Condition on them, they are inflicted with Weakness and Cripple. If the Disease ends/is cleansed from any of the players, the Necromancer gains A health and the foe/s are stunned for 1 second. (Heal can only happen once per Virulence).

Chain: Outbreak: Mutate the Disease on target player, stunning them for 1 second and immediately spreading the Disease to 5 additional players within B yards.

And/Or

Chain: Taste of Pain: Rip the Disease from the foe/s, stunning them for 1 second and healing the Necromancer for A HP.

• Heal can only happen once per Virulence. Heal should be upwards of 3,000 Health.
  • Cooldown should not be short, but no more than 45 seconds.
  • The Chain ends if the player leaves Death Shroud or the original Disease ends.
  • If player leaves Death Shroud without the Heal occurring, the Virulence spell mechanics still apply – If the Disease ends/is cleansed, the Necromancer is healed.
  • The Heal applies to the Necromancer’s health, not his Death Shroud/Life Force

Note: Don’t need to stun in all chains.. I just feel that the Necromancer needs a bit more control.

Level 80 Human Necromancer

(edited by Kelthos Doombringer.9032)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Best idea i’ve heard is something like a condition dealing moderate damage over time (less than burning but more than poison), punishing the target if its removed,

The 5# ability should depend of the weapon set, for example I’d like to see this ability attached to the scepter, let’s call it “demise”,

The condition should last between 5 and 8 seconds and be the first to be removed if the target use any kind of condition removal, and this ability should have a cooldown between 30 and 45 seconds,

And please Anet, our cast times are ridiculous,

That’s the reason I stopped playing this game for almost 3 months, we need faster cast times, and we need to reorganize our trait tree,

I’ve said this for months on this forums, please take a look to our cast times,

EDIT: Uh and i forgot… dark path and spectral grasp need to be fixed, since day 1,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

(edited by Engels.8537)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Maybe a life stealing dot.

Problem with this is if you stay in Death Shroud you can’t be healed. If the dot is short therefore, it would often be wasted.

Stealing a boon could be good as we don’t have access to that many.

Solution is to make this life stealing dot actually heal you in DS…

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I really hate the idea of weapon specific skills. Asking for too much there. Its like giving us the warriors class mechanic inside our own already pretty strong mechanic.

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Yes but they’re looking for something that could be given to other classes, I’m not sure Disease would work, as much as I would like to see it.

in Necromancer

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

I know that at least Thieves, Rangers and Engineers could have it. Mesmers could probably have it from their random condition stuff.

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

If you give that particular condition to multiple classes, it would become ungodly overpowered, you would see it in every match, dominating.

Disease would have to be Necromancer only.

I still vote for the Acid thing, that was the best idea I’ve seen out of all of them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dervo.9186

Dervo.9186

I’d rather keep with Guild Wars lore and bring back Disease. Necromancer ability from GW1 example:

Virulence:

Elite Spell. If target foe was already suffering from a condition, that foe suffers from Disease, Poison, and Weakness for 3…13…15 seconds.

I don’t think this would cut it by itself though.. Suggestion:

Disease can be like Bleed or Poison, a DoT. To avoid making it 1 build only, make Disease have its own Condition Damage.

Mechanic: Disease can spread to 5 nearby foes. The damage starts low but builds up over time to a maximum damage and lasts on the player until cleansed, or has a long duration.

Necromancer Death Shroud Number 5 Ability:

Virulence: Inflict target foe with Disease, inflicting X amount of damage of Y duration. Disease spreads to foes within Z yards. Can spread to maximum of 5 additional players.

If target foe already has a Condition on them, they are inflicted with Weakness and Cripple. If the Disease ends/is cleansed from any of the players, the Necromancer gains A health and the foe/s are stunned for 1 second. (Heal can only happen once per Virulence).

Chain: Outbreak: Mutate the Disease on target player, stunning them for 1 second and immediately spreading the Disease to 5 additional players within B yards.

And/Or

Chain: Taste of Pain: Rip the Disease from the foe/s, stunning them for 1 second and healing the Necromancer for A HP.

• Heal can only happen once per Virulence. Heal should be upwards of 3,000 Health.
  • Cooldown should not be short, but no more than 45 seconds.
  • The Chain ends if the player leaves Death Shroud or the original Disease ends.
  • If player leaves Death Shroud without the Heal occurring, the Virulence spell mechanics still apply – If the Disease ends/is cleansed, the Necromancer is healed.
  • The Heal applies to the Necromancer’s health, not his Death Shroud/Life Force

Note: Don’t need to stun in all chains.. I just feel that the Necromancer needs a bit more control.

I thought about disease too, but then I realized it was just getting into semantics really. If you had the option of applying disease or simply applying burning in a fairly large aoe field, would it really matter which you chose?

Assuming of course, that the mechanics of skill #5 wouldn’t interact with that specific condition. Which is a good assumption because it sounds like they don’t want this to end up being a necro only condition.

I do like the idea of a stun on skill #5 though. I feel like an engineer has better options for keeping enemies from running away, and since the necro is supposed to be about slowly killing enemies while preventing them from escaping… I think we need more options for this. Fear certainly isn’t helping us in that department.

in Necromancer

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

If you give that particular condition to multiple classes, it would become ungodly overpowered, you would see it in every match, dominating.

Disease would have to be Necromancer only.

I still vote for the Acid thing, that was the best idea I’ve seen out of all of them.

I don’t see how 1 condition would dominate anything. The mechanic that other Professions would get is only the Disease mechanic, not any of the Virulence mechanic.

My suggestion of Disease would not stack, it would simply build up to a maximum of say 200 damage per tick. An additional application of Disease on a single target would only cause the Disease to jump to additional targets, nothing more. It would not stun on cleanse or anything like that.

Dervo.9186

Assuming of course, that the mechanics of skill #5 wouldn’t interact with that specific condition. Which is a good assumption because it sounds like they don’t want this to end up being a necro only condition.

Right, the Number 5 ability to control what happens to the Disease is Necromancer specific. The Disease mechanic itself:

Is what other professions would get.

(edited by Kelthos Doombringer.9032)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

“I agree somewhat. I want to be able to receive healing while in Death Shroud sort of badly, although I recognize that letting people use their heal skill while in there could be too strong.”

It absolutely isn’t too strong and I wish people would stop saying stuff like this. Plenty of classes get to heal by standing in a heal fountain inside full invulnerability or stealth.

Plenty of classes don’t lose a full trait line (siphons in blood) when they use their mechanic.

I feel like I should clarify: the heal skill, singular. As in what you choose for slot 6. I was referring to two different ideas there: receiving healing while in DS (Please yes!) and using your healing skill while in DS (Questionable!).

Maybe using your heal skill while in DS isn’t Too Stronk, but I feel like letting a Necro use their dedicated heal while in DS would be giving too much safety, given the abundant availability of DS.

But again: receiving heals while in Death Shroud, whether they’re from yourself or others? I really, really want that to happen.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Here are lot of great ideas, but I am thinking of something diffrent.
DS Skill 5:
AoE explosion, based on how much DS you have left. More DS you collect, more powerfull it will be.
It could be based on weapons
-Dagger : AoE Damage or Stun
-Axe: AoE Cripple of Chill
etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ashur.6403

Ashur.6403

I keep seeing ideas for more damage from a condition, honestly condition builds don’t need more damage.

We need some form of escape since we are so slow, a teleport would do. To focus on the escape mechanism, make the skill trigger from where you teleported from, not where you are teleporting to.

Oblivion’s Gate – Teleport to targeted location
50 second cooldown – 900 range – 180 radius – consumes life force(?)
Combo Field: Dark
Chill 3 seconds – Confusion 5 seconds (10 stacks) – Weakness 10 seconds
(new condition)

Maybe the new condition could be a cover condition that lifesteals on removal.

Dark Lord Sutekh – Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Ashur.6403)

in Necromancer

Otaking.4675

I feel like I should clarify: the heal skill, singular. As in what you choose for slot 6. I was referring to two different ideas there: receiving healing while in DS (Please yes!) and using your healing skill while in DS (Questionable!).

Maybe using your heal skill while in DS isn’t Too Stronk, but I feel like letting a Necro use their dedicated heal while in DS would be giving too much safety, given the abundant availability of DS.

But again: receiving heals while in Death Shroud, whether they’re from yourself or others? I really, really want that to happen.

Yeah I can kind of say healing in DS would be wrong, not because it is Tew Stronk, but because it would not have parity with firing the actual heal after invulnerability mode as far as say mist form.

This is post upcoming nerfs as right now I think they can do this?

However it’s still not Tue Strurm&drang because an invulnerability mode can clear infinite conditions and even stealth can clean off far more conditions than 1 per 10 (5 seconds with GM DS trait).

So for parity of gameplay, it’d be weird to fire heal ability inside DS…for relative power levels of the classes, not at all.

Siphons and other outside heals should absolutely work inside DS though. That and condition damage not affecting structures are my #1 and #2 problems with this class, siphon not scaling with heal power is probably #3. I could live with the lack of escapes and mobility if we were actually tougher using DS.

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

I keep seeing ideas for more damage from a condition, honestly condition builds don’t need more damage.

We need some form of escape since we are so slow, a teleport would do.

I was tempted to say just bring back the old Dark Path from beta that was a teleport. But its seems kind of redundant to have a port in and a port out. They should just repurpose Dark Path to be castable without a target, and then it just ports you to that location if there is no target, though it needs to be a bit faster travel time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

Personally I would like to see some kind of DoT that also returns a portion of the damage to the player as healing. A leeching DoT. I think that fits with the dark theme and would help with Necro’s sustain.

Actually I just realized that as a condition applied from the DS #5 skill, it would be a bit awkward to use since DS prevents all healing to your regular HP pool, so you’d have to use it right before exiting DS to maximize the benefit from it.

The idea needs some work but I can’t think of many ways around it at the moment. Allowing heals to the base HP pool through boons/effects while in DS would be the most straightforward solution, but frankly I don’t have enough experience with the Necro to be able to account for all the implications of such a change.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Battletorn.4102

Battletorn.4102

I would love a condition that does more damage based on the % of enemy health. Or a condition that explodes into a m epidemic after 10 seconds. Or maybe a condition that reduces the crit chance of enemies and increases the likelihood that they will be crit upon. I like conditions that are good for both power and condition necros and their allies.

www.WvWStrategy.net Get loot bags.

[ONE] Fight as One http://fightasone.enjin.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

They were looking to do a dark element DoT. what sort of secondary condition would you expect from it.life steal is ok but gets confusing when people are adding multiple stacks/duration. who gets the health? lets say 2 necros are applying it and get it to max duration each tick hits for 50 dmg and siphons 25. do they each get 25? if so what happens when there is 5 there? are they now out gaining the dmg done?

I say its simpler to go with the secondary condition of a dark element DoT to be that while active you are more susceptible to being crited. say you have a normal crit chance of 40% and you attack someone with this condition, you would now have say a 42% crit chance instead. or maybe it can stack and each stack gives +.25% so at 25 stacks thats 6.25% better chance to crit against this target.

however i would say the damage from the DoT should remain constant regardless of the number of stacks.that should give it a more unique feel. As for a name. Maybe ‘Fatigue’, ‘Prone’ or ‘Exposed’. though i guess ‘Wither’ could still work too

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Necromancer

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Think the biggest issue with all these suggestions is that people forget/don’t realise that the Devs are looking for/build a new condition and want it to be implemented for multiple professions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Keep in mind that we are trying to find a condition that can be used by multiple classes

So now this is the question:
Why something for multiples classes when you can build a unique mechanic fo necros? expecially if this new one will be in our Death Shround, that is OUR speciality, and is not an utility skill.
Do you think to improve it for others like a simple skill or more like a combo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

With upcoming mesmer confusion nerf, their condition damage is not viable imo. The condition that we guys are trying to get some idea’s for, could well be implemented on mesmers too (perhaps chance based on chaos storm, dunno about auto attack/chaos armor cause those might give to much procs on a strong condition).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Which is why I made the “Acid” suggestion. I think it should go hand in hand with Poison, and I believe it should be a very welcome tool. How many times have you been a condition based build and not be able to destroy Turrets, or Walls fast enough in PvP or PvE?

Acid

• Reapplies itself when cleansed
  • Burns armor value for (0.1 * Malice) per second
  • Damage to Armor lingers for (0.05 * Level) times the duration of the condition when expired
  • Damages for (0.15 * Malice) + (4 * Level) + 8 damage per second
  • Can be applied to structures
  • Damages structures for (0.25 * Malice) + (4 * Level) + 8 damage per second

Skills that apply Acid

Necromancer

• Master trait: Armor burn lingers for 50% longer
  • Grandmaster trait: 30% chance to apply Acid on Necrotic Grasp (3 seconds)
  • Putrid Mark (2 1/2 seconds)
  • Corrosive Poison Cloud (2 seconds)
  • Deathshroud 5 skill
  • Putrid Explosion (2 seconds)
  • Death Nova (1 second)
  • Spectral Wall (1 second)

Engineer

• Fumigate
  • Acid bomb

Thief

• Scale venom
  • Choking Gas

Ranger

• Carrion Devourer: Poison cloud (1 sec)
  • Whiptail Devourer: Devourer Siege (1 sec)

Mesmer

• Chaos Storm (5 Seconds)
  • The Prestige (3 Seconds)
  • Into the Void (3 Seconds)

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I like your idea, even though i think acid alone is not enough for necro. This is our unique chance to get a skill (within reason) we want and there’s lots of stuff a necro lacks. Giving this won’t fix those issues, so i think a lot of people will keep suggesting skills like teleports.

Either way i like your idea, although your idea suggest it should be quite spammable, since it’s like a more static bleed version, that can hit structures. Maybe they can add it to auto-attack then (life blast), and a 5th utility skill nonetheless.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

They wanted a condition, so I suggested a condition. Whatever happens with the skill, doesn’t matter. This thread is about a Unique condition.

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

All I know is they better not debut a condition on us that other profs then end up being able to use better, stack faster, etc. :\