The Mighty Altroll's Mighty Metas

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

This has obviously degraded into an kitten measuring contest.

The builds posted may very well be good for people to use a springboard, but trying to paint them as “meta” strikes me as false advertising. Sure, they may very well be effective. I won’t contest that. However, efficacy is not the measure of whether or not something is the current meta. The current meta is the effective build the fits within the overall team structure. If a 30-30-10 is the best way for a necro to fulfill it’s given role withing a team, then it is the meta. It may not be the best 1v1 build out there. It may not be the best hot join hero out there. However, neither of those matters. What matters is what the top teams are using a necro for. That’s the meta.

I appreciate your effort in collecting effective builds for players to use, tweak, or experience, but maybe present them a bit differently in the future to avoid threads like this.

My point of posting this was to clean ignorance from any top players, to show what Necro is capable of. Spazzcromancer never allowed me to post his amazing Bunker build, but all of these builds are good for a number of things, from roaming, to tanking, to bursting, to bunkering, to supporting, to controlling. Unfortunately, I have to post gameplay videos, and apparently teach them how to use the kitten ed class before they learn that Necro can do more than spam DoTs.

Question: you’re trying to actually teach the top players that they’re the one playing incorrectly? I don’t mean this to sound blunt, but what are your qualifications that will make a top player take your word over their own experiences?

If they think Necro cannot burst or bunker effectively, but I have done it before, and I know people that bunker/burst effectively. Then they must be wrong, no?

You didn’t answer my question. What exactly are your qualifications? Are you highly ranked on the leaderboard? Have you taken down a top-rated tournament team in competitive play? Do you have an in with Jonathan Sharp? Do you have a widely popular stream? I honestly don’t know anything about you, which is why I’m asking.

I fight highly competitive players often, I discuss builds with them, I learned how to play from competitive players of every class. I have defeated competitive teams, and I know what they are capable of. I have been in competition on numerous games ranging from fighters to FPS games. I learned how to play the game, and I learned it well. I don’t see how a stream, ranking on the leaderboards, or an ‘in’ with Jon matters for qualifications, as far as I’m concerned, that means you’re simply a popular bad player.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

The builds posted may very well be good for people to use a springboard, but trying to paint them as “meta” strikes me as false advertising. Sure, they may very well be effective. I won’t contest that. However, efficacy is not the measure of whether or not something is the current meta. The current meta is the effective build the fits within the overall team structure. If a 30-30-10 is the best way for a necro to fulfill it’s given role withing a team, then it is the meta. It may not be the best 1v1 build out there. It may not be the best hot join hero out there. However, neither of those matters. What matters is what the top teams are using a necro for. That’s the meta.

I appreciate your effort in collecting effective builds for players to use, tweak, or experience, but maybe present them a bit differently in the future to avoid threads like this.

My point of posting this was to clean ignorance from any top players, to show what Necro is capable of. Spazzcromancer never allowed me to post his amazing Bunker build, but all of these builds are good for a number of things, from roaming, to tanking, to bursting, to bunkering, to supporting, to controlling. Unfortunately, I have to post gameplay videos, and apparently teach them how to use the kitten ed class before they learn that Necro can do more than spam DoTs.

Question: you’re trying to actually teach the top players that they’re the one playing incorrectly? I don’t mean this to sound blunt, but what are your qualifications that will make a top player take your word over their own experiences?

If they think Necro cannot burst or bunker effectively, but I have done it before, and I know people that bunker/burst effectively. Then they must be wrong, no?

You didn’t answer my question. What exactly are your qualifications? Are you highly ranked on the leaderboard? Have you taken down a top-rated tournament team in competitive play? Do you have an in with Jonathan Sharp? Do you have a widely popular stream? I honestly don’t know anything about you, which is why I’m asking.

I fight highly competitive players often, I discuss builds with them, I learned how to play from competitive players of every class. I have defeated competitive teams, and I know what they are capable of. I have been in competition on numerous games ranging from fighters to FPS games. I learned how to play the game, and I learned it well. I don’t see how a stream, ranking on the leaderboards, or an ‘in’ with Jon matters for qualifications, as far as I’m concerned, that means you’re simply a popular bad player.

You make videos against training golems
You say you know a magical build to bunker, but you never post it
The one video you uploaded in tpvp (the power well bombing build) was meh.
You say you have a “school” but none of your “students” post here in your behalf, supporting your words.
You post a lot of well-known builds with names but nobody calls them like that.
You say necros are OP and ask for nerfs, but you have not prove necros are OP in any way.
You say you are a troll.

see why ppl don’t trust you?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

Hi,
So,if i understand well,you an unknown player not ranked will to teach good players how to play ?
You may have talked and played much with high skilled players not to know that reaper’s protection isn’t good at all since as soon as it will have proced once,your oponent will juste wait your cooldown to finish to get stability,stun you and lose it for another long cooldown…Wasted trait.
Post builds if you want but stop thinking that you’re the best of the best when you’re nothing.
Thank you.

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

You make videos against training golems
You say you know a magical build to bunker, but you never post it
The one video you uploaded in tpvp (the power well bombing build) was meh.
You say you have a “school” but none of your “students” post here in your behalf, supporting your words.
You post a lot of well-known builds with names but nobody calls them like that.
You say necros are OP and ask for nerfs, but you have not prove necros are OP in any way.
You say you are a troll.

see why ppl don’t trust you?

A) I have never made a video where I specifically attack training golems, I was explaining how to make/use a build.

B) It’s not my build, it’s Spazzcromancer’s build, talk to him.

C) Video recording software lags my computer, so it’s difficult to play a competitive match to be uber impressive.

D) I don’t ask them to.

E) None of the builds I have posted are well known, if they are, then I have never seen them posted on here.

F) I shouldn’t have to, but as I have said, if you want to learn Necro, I’ll gladly teach you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

F) I shouldn’t have to, but as I have said, if you want to learn Necro, I’ll gladly teach you.

I agree if the community and all the necros here in top 1000 ratings just need to learn to play. I think its great you are willing to take time out of your forum trolling to teach the community.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Okay, so essentially you’re saying you have no qualifications. Perhaps you can see why people are jumping all over you on this thread?

I mean come on, at least give full disclosure if you claim to have the “meta” builds. Seriously, where are you even ranked on the leaderboards? Are you even ranked?

in Necromancer

Posted by: GiggleFairy.3807

GiggleFairy.3807

enjoying the Condition Vampire build in WvW right now. thanks for sharing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

As an ele main, this viable build variety makes me drool.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bamboocha.8129

Bamboocha.8129

How about this 30/0/0/20/20 axe/focus Zerker build for PVE/Dungeons?:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;00;4IkI0343KVJ0;9;4T;0JJ17B;447-15;9;6kKcFT

Seems solid to me!? Major traits could be changed…

What do you think?

Greetings

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;00;4IkI0343KVJ0;9;4T;0JJ17B;447-15;9;6kKcFT

What do you think?

Greetings

I wouldnt really ask a pvp player about pve. His knowledge is questionable in pvp aswell.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

There’s alot of uncalled for backlash. The guy made a thread which has many very use-able builds for people to try out and experiment with, and if I were a new necro I’d find this thread to be a great starting point to learn a variety of builds post-patch. He’s even taking the time to answer questions that people are posting, so there’s no reason for others to look to discredit him.

Does he sound slightly arrogant? Yes.
Did he say a few things regarding top necro players, that he probably shouldn’t have? Yes.
Is he sounding like a know it all in certain posts? prolly
But he’s actually taking the time to help in his own way, and instead people are flaming him about his leaderboard rank. Leaderboard rank means nothing except for how good your team is and how often you decide to destroy your rank by doing solo queue. I’ve been in and out of the top 50 and yet I do think he’s quite knowledgeable about the class.

Either way, lighten up and let him help in his own way, rather than continually flaming someone when they’re doing far more to help the necro community than others are. If the way he carries himself in his posts bother you, then why not just leave the thread?

edit: some of these posts about qualifications and such are so silly. Just because at one point I was 26 on pvp leaderboard somehow make me some guru that all should listen to? No, your rank or ‘qualifications’ aren’t a huge deal when you’re trying to help new players with very use-able builds.

(edited by koolmutt.9827)

in Necromancer

NewTrain.7549

There’s alot of uncalled for backlash. The guy made a thread which has many very use-able builds for people to try out and experiment with, and if I were a new necro I’d find this thread to be a great starting point to learn a variety of builds post-patch. He’s even taking the time to answer questions that people are posting, so there’s no reason for others to look to discredit him.

Did he say a few things regarding top necro players, that he probably shouldn’t have? Yes.
But he’s actually taking the time to help in his own way, and instead people are flaming him about his leaderboard rank. Leaderboard rank means nothing except for how good your team is and how often you decide to destroy your rank by doing solo queue. I’ve been in and out of the top 50 and yet I do think he’s quite knowledgeable about the class.

Either way, lighten up and let him help in his own way, rather than continually flaming someone when they’re doing far more to help the necro community than others are. If the way he carries himself in his posts bother you, then why not just leave the thread?

edit: some of these posts about qualifications and such are so silly. Just because at one point I was 26 on pvp leaderboard somehow make me some guru that all should listen to? No, your rank or ‘qualifications’ aren’t a huge deal when you’re trying to help new players with very use-able builds.

You make an excellent point about helping new players, however that is not the situation. He is claiming his builds are the meta builds. The word meta has a very specific definition and claiming your build is a meta build without having reached the top of competitive play is flat-out lying.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaragon.3520

Xaragon.3520

You make an excellent point about helping new players, however that is not the situation. He is claiming his builds are the meta builds. The word meta has a very specific definition and claiming your build is a meta build without having reached the top of competitive play is flat-out lying.

I think you articulate yourself more efficiently then i could hope to, To the poster above you he may very well have some knowledge about the class but he also insults top players, their builds, makes statements like they are facts, hands out bad information and and does all this while being arrogant and elitist and for whatever reason he cannot get in the top 95% of players.

You say he gives helpful information personally i worry about the information he hands out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

There’s alot of uncalled for backlash.

I’m not 100% certain you’ve read the whole thread. People like Xaragon started out by encouraging him to keep doing what he is doing but maybe turn it down a little on the ‘this build is awesome’ stuff, and he just lashed out. He was subject to some extremely generous and gentle criticism, and his responses were disparaging and aggressive. So people started to get a little more honest with him, and I’d say it’s fairly called for.

Whenever you post a build, you’re going to find someone who thinks they can improve it, someone who thinks it’s crap, someone who thinks theirs does the same thing better, someone who wants to know your level of experience, and someone else who wants to see a video of it in action. If your response to all those people is ‘whatever nab, you probably couldn’t use it properly even if I showed you how’, you better be ready for quite a bit of backlash.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zuer.2814

Zuer.2814

I don’t run sPvP but I do a lot of WvW. I’ve been running a 30/20/0/20/0 build using carrion armor with rabid trinkets. 5 runes of the adventurer with 1 rune of the undead. Hybrid power and condition build using wells. Axe/focus for boon stripping and higher direct damage when in death shroud. Scepter/dagger for quicker condition application. Sigil of earth and sigil of accuracy in main and offhands respectivly.

I’ve had pretty decent success with it sitting at about 1200 condition damage with 2700 attack and 46 crit. 22k health with 2k armor. That part kinda stinks but I’ve barely noticed it. I though about taking 10 out of curses and putting it into death for protection on well use. May do that tonight to test.

Just thought I’d share my build.

Zuer
Maguuma
[AON]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

As an ele main, this viable build variety makes me drool.

Don’t fool yourself too much.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

enjoying the Condition Vampire build in WvW right now. thanks for sharing.

No problem, I’m glad you enjoy it.

What do you think?

Greetings

It looks quite solid, I would advise however that you change the Soul Reaping trait to “Soul Marks” and equip a Staff with Sigil of Flame/Energy for a bit of LF Generation/AoE. Since that build lacks a significant amount of condition removal, I’d also change Well of Blood out for Consume Conditions. Well of Blood makes for a very good heal if you’re specced for healing, but a mediocre/crappy heal if you’re not.

Don’t bother with them, I’m just going to ignore them from now on. I may be arrogant, and I deem top players ignorant, but I feel I have good reason to. These players do not bother to take the time to test out/use my builds properly to judge for themselves, so I’m not going to take the time to prove myself to them. Forum warriors, I’ve dealt with their kind before on other games.

I don’t run sPvP but I do a lot of WvW. I’ve been running a 30/20/0/20/0 build using carrion armor with rabid trinkets. 5 runes of the adventurer with 1 rune of the undead. Hybrid power and condition build using wells. Axe/focus for boon stripping and higher direct damage when in death shroud. Scepter/dagger for quicker condition application. Sigil of earth and sigil of accuracy in main and offhands respectivly.

I’ve had pretty decent success with it sitting at about 1200 condition damage with 2700 attack and 46 crit. 22k health with 2k armor. That part kinda stinks but I’ve barely noticed it. I though about taking 10 out of curses and putting it into death for protection on well use. May do that tonight to test.

Just thought I’d share my build.

You might try running 60% Carrion, 40% Berserker’s. What you want to achieve is getting around 1200 condition damage WHILE getting 3,000 attack. Crit chance should be around 28%, but you also want to have that fury, so taking 10 out of curses would be a big no-no. Try running Signet of Spite with it (With Signet Mastery), it’s an incredibly useful Hybrid tool. Thieves Runes also make a very useful hybrid tool imo. You already have decent condition application, and you might want a bit of a better burst. Try using Sigils of Air and Geomancy on your weapons, far more effective for a hybrid build. Good build, thank you for posting it.

in Necromancer

NewTrain.7549

I may be arrogant, and I deem top players ignorant, but I feel I have good reason to.

Yeah, that just about says it all right there. The issue is (and what many of us have been saying) is that you actually don’t have any reason. It’s like saying that Usain Bolt is ignorant about sprinting, when the best you’ve ever run is a 13 second 100m.

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I may be arrogant, and I deem top players ignorant, but I feel I have good reason to.

Yeah, that just about says it all right there. The issue is (and what many of us have been saying) is that you actually don’t have any reason. It’s like saying that Usain Bolt is ignorant about sprinting, when the best you’ve ever run is a 13 second 100m.

You do not know what I have done. You’re judging me based on qualifications that are biased and moronic. Use my builds for yourself, and if you cannot use them effectively then I’ll show you how to use them. If you’re too blind to perform such a test yourself, and unwilling to allow me to demonstrate to you why they are superior to the meta builds that ‘top’ Necro players flaunt about, then you have no right to judge me.

I could stand here all day and judge that you’re the worst player in history, without ever seeing you play, but that doesn’t make me right.

That is my final statement to all of you.

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

in Necromancer

NewTrain.7549

You do not know what I have done. You’re judging me based on qualifications that are biased and moronic. Use my builds for yourself, and if you cannot use them effectively then I’ll show you how to use them. If you’re too blind to perform such a test yourself, and unwilling to allow me to demonstrate to you why they are superior to the meta builds that ‘top’ Necro players flaunt about, then you have no right to judge me.

I could stand here all day and judge that you’re the worst player in history, without ever seeing you play, but that doesn’t make me right.

That is my final statement to all of you.

I’ve asked what your qualifications were. You declined to answer and instead said that the top ladder players were ignorant and didn’t know how to play, while simultaneously implying to have had zero success on the ladder yourself (by omitting to mention it). You don’t get call to call criteria for success “biased and moronic” just because you can’t meet them.

I’m not judging the quality of your builds, I’ve said that. I’m stating a simple fact; they are not the meta. This is true. Show me one top level player using “your” build and I’ll concede that build to be meta.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Nothing personal, but the title of this thread is misleading. Regardless of whether these builds are amazing or not (I haven’t tried them), these are not meta builds, by definition. Meta is what everyone runs; D/D bunker eles were meta, S/D thieves were meta, BM rangers were meta, and right now 30/30/10 Necros are becoming meta (there are about 3 meta builds right now I believe for necros). Your listed builds are not meta, because they are not widely used.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying these builds are great, or bad, I am making no judgement on them at all because in all fairness I haven’t run them (and I know a few of your builds work at least relatively well), but the title is misleading, and I don’t want anyone thinking this is the meta Necromancer; because it isn’t.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

GiggleFairy.3807

@Bhawb : what is the runes/sigils the 30/30/10 build is using?

ps: if you got a link for the build could you share it please.

(edited by GiggleFairy.3807)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I am not 100% sure, but I would guess Nightmare runes (best Terror runes), 2x sigil of geomancy, and sigil of corruption on the weapon set with an offhand. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I don’t personally use the build.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

ps: if you got a link for the build could you share it please.

The industry standard is Runes of the Nightmare with Sigils of Geomancy, Sigil of Earth. or Sigil of Corruption.

The 40% condition damage the build has puts Dhuumfire’s burning at 5.6 seconds, using a Sigil of Smouldering is enough to push the burning to 6 seconds for the extra tick (670 damage every 10 seconds).

This is my variation on the build:

Ascii’s Act-Defying Meta-Defining Metal-Refining Fear of the Gods Meta Build ©
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMax7Zaeb87JEpCPD0jdBXAxoHHTwkMA-TsAAzCpI+S9l7LzXyvsfN8Y5xcBA
(super effective, it one-hit K.O’s Mewtwo).

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Necromancer

GiggleFairy.3807

thank you both for helping me out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pawnchee.3059

Pawnchee.3059

I hate to be this guy and i dont mean to put you or your builds down personally and im not going to go through them individually and pick out what is good or not so good.

So you’re going to criticize me, and my builds. But you’re not going to use them, or bother learning them.

Mmkay.

You make broad statements some of which i just dont agree with looking at your potentate build a few glaring things stand out to me.

The statement thakittens the best burster build available isnt true.

It is true. I have used all of the known meta builds, and theory crafted numerous combinations. This is by far the best overall. It’s even better than other classes best meta burst builds.

You will do more damage if you spec points from blood magic into soul reaping, you will lose your ability to do damage more often but you will do more damage.

No you won’t. Damage more often is better, it’s also survivability. Well of Darkness is the best damage mitigation we have save Plague Form.

Also Running bone minions will give you more burst then the other options listed same with blood is power.

No it will not, it’s also inconsistent. 4k damage from exploding two bone fiends does not equal the sheer amount of damage and utility you gain from 5 seconds of wells, plus a dagger burst.

Im not saying the changes are good changes but they will give you more burst making your statement not true.

No they will not, I have tested running 20 in Soul Reaping, the burst is slightly higher, but not as effective. I could make a build that hits for 30,000 damage, but it won’t do any good if I die in a single hit, or have to wait 10 years, or my damage is suddenly taken away, or is as inconsistent as might stacking.

not running staff is a choice that probably 95% of tpvp necro’s would disagree with you about and also not running signet of undeath as well, some people/teams will require it others will not.

Guess what, 95% of the tPvP Necromancers run crappy meta builds. Staff is ineffective, all it can be used for on a burst build is Regen, 4 seconds of Chill, a condition transfer, and a Fear. Not good. The main weapon of this build is Dagger. Axe/Focus is simply for bloodlust stacking and Life Force stacking on downed players.

I just dont want new players to fall into the trap of reading what you have said and thinking oh wow this guy is 100% right and im going to do everything he says.

I have taught and aided more Necromancers than SoAC and most of the top tournament players combined. I know how the class works, and I know how it works compared to other classes. I have seen meta Necromancers, fought good ones, and my students have even had the chance to see/talk to Gibbly in some of the earlier profession tournaments. While I cannot be right 100% of the time, I do find myself right a good margin of the time. I am also unbiased, and if something is bad, then it is bad. Staff Bursting Necromancers are bad.

I just wanted to say that the statement that all these builds can be effective in the highest levels of tpvp is a bit much i mean how do you know have you tested them at the highest levels of pvp? because last time i checked you were not in the top 1000.

If you actually look at Leaderboards for your information/skill findings, you are sadly, and dearly mistaken. I have used the meta builds all the other Necromancers think are best for high level tPvP, and guess what, they’re significantly worse.

So please keep doing what you are doing because more theory crafters are always good maybe just turn it down a little.

I take your post as an indirect insult to me. I also take Zombie’s post as an insult to himself. I doubt either of you have tried the builds I have listed, or even know how to use them effectively.

I’m going to have to give it to him. I just made a necro for the second time (1st time tried followed a guide from a pvp Necro and I hated it.) But I tried out the Potentate build and wrecked 5 solo tspvp games. I normally play thief/war/engi/guard. I like melee classes and this has to be the most fun class/build i got going atm. just wanted to give my 2 cents. I have no time under my belt as a necro and just folloing TheMightyAltroll little build summary helped more than anything.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

You do not know what I have done.

And that’s all on you. How could we know “what you have done”? Millions of people play this game. If you want to claim that you stand out from the crowd, you need to provide some proof to back that up.

I personally don’t really care about your qualifications. Build compendiums are always interesting to me, even if it’s just some guy sharing what works for him. What’s putting me off, though, is your atrocious attitude. Arrogance is bad enough, but on top of that, we have no reason to believe your arrogance to be at all deserved because you haven’t given us said reasons. We just have to take you at your word that you’re better at this game than professional players. Surely you can understand why that might raise some eyebrows.

That you respond to any sort of criticism with defensiveness and hostility isn’t a point in your favor, either.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Well it’s extremely easy to get on the leaderboards, I’ve been soloqing and I’m still in top 500 when I get really bad players on my team. So when people say you’re not on the leaderboards, and you don’t have any credit to your name, it’s because leaderboards aren’t hard to get on and if you were decent you can just carry bad players.

It looks like everything you say is either bs or a copy paste from what somebody’s told you. Over the last few days I’ve read a lot of your comments and they all lack depth of knowledge in this game, you don’t really seem to be able to comprehend how classes/builds interact with one another in theory and in practice.

You really should stop while you’re wayyyyyy behind.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Okay, I am not sure why SOAC got thrown under the bus. We don’t theorycraft or profess to be a school of information on how to play. We simply have shows where we bring in players who contribute in a helpful and postive way, and we bring them from all aspects of the game to simply talk about the class.

I think what Altroll does and what we do is not the same, but it’s pretty awesome to think that we are considered leaders in the theorycrafting community.

Two side notes, that I think Altroll did not mean to say, but came out.

Minions are viable in every from of pve. They make it ridiculously easy to play. They are not viable in wvwvw zerg play but are fine in 5 man havoc squads though the pathing issues in wvwvw make it really difficult. They are not viable in high end wvwvw play.

Wells are ridiculously effective in wvwvw zerg play, and are ran in just about every high level wvwvw necromancer currently. Double wells with Epidemic is easily played in wvwvw, and though Ascii can actually state whether I am wrong here, but I am pretty positive based on the well-known players like Rennoko, talentless, and so on that it’s the easiest way to play in a zerg.

As for the rest, Mighty has a tendency to go off the hook on a few points, but as a theorycrafter he is very solid. As a debater or person who takes criticism well that’s an entirely different story.

I will have to say I have never actually faced him in a queue for pvp, nor have I ever ran into someone who has. I am not saying he doesn’t pvp, but I think it would be interesting to see how many of the top teams he has crushed remembers it? Perhaps you can give us some names of players you have destroyed.

I have talked to many of his “students” in the game. They all agree that he is a very helpful teacher, and that many of his points are strong. I am sure they would defend him if he wasn’t such an angry teacher at the moment.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I will have to say I have never actually faced him in a queue for pvp, nor have I ever ran into someone who has. I am not saying he doesn’t pvp, but I think it would be interesting to see how many of the top teams he has crushed remembers it? Perhaps you can give us some names of players you have destroyed.

I have played him in tPvP, ran into him when I queued with some of the eSports guild guys (far from an amazing team we had). He isn’t top tier by any means. Now, I don’t mean that as an insult, because neither am I, but he isn’t anywhere close to the top tier players.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Psylem.1529

Psylem.1529

As a new Necro, I just wanted to say thanks for posting these builds – it is obvious that you are well educated on the profession and the help is appreciated. People should learn how to disagree without getting emotional!

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I have played him in tPvP, ran into him when I queued with some of the eSports guild guys (far from an amazing team we had). He isn’t top tier by any means. Now, I don’t mean that as an insult, because neither am I, but he isn’t anywhere close to the top tier players.

You fought me once, and I was recording gameplay with Potentate under lag, it wasn’t exactly nominal conditions. Regardless I still managed to hold off a 2v1 off point with a semi-GC Wellmancer. If you want to roll with me again, and play seriously, we can do so. I’m tired of this nonsense and if I have to prove my skill so people can shut up, I will.

Also, Bas, as you know me, I am not a nice person. I do not respond well to annoyance such as some of these people. I posted these builds because they are good at what they do, a team of 5 Necromancers using these builds effectively can dominate almost any other multi-class spec on even levels, and I am willing to stand by that. I do what I can for the community, and try my best to battle ignorance in builds/playstyles. If you want to judge me, judge my builds, not my attitude. Since I’m not going to change it simply because some people got offended.

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Also, Bas, as you know me, I am not a nice person. I do not respond well to annoyance such as some of these people.

If you have aspirations of becoming a pillar of the Necro theory-crafting community, you may want to work on that. Make controversial statements and you’d better expect people to ask you to back them up. Snapping at them isn’t going to cut it, as evidenced by most of this thread. And it’s really only logical to keep your responses polite unless you WANT to drive people off.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The reality is that your attitude holds a lot of weight. If you acted differently this entire thread, and your impact on the community, would be vastly improved. It is, honestly, the single thing keeping you from being an amazing asset to the community. But as long as you are so hostile to opposing ideas and go out of your way to flame people you will have a terrible reputation, and will burn bridges that would let you have better outlets to voice your opinion.

The game was a different thing entirely. Regardless of what you are playing with, there are certain things one could see about how you played that showed you weren’t of the highest caliber of player. I have no doubts that you might be a very good player, but the idea that you are going to teach the top tier Necromancers how to play is going to fall on deaf ears unless you actually show it. What you showed me was something that top tier players would have picked apart easily.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Also, Bas, as you know me, I am not a nice person. I do not respond well to annoyance such as some of these people.

If you have aspirations of becoming a pillar of the Necro theory-crafting community, you may want to work on that. Make controversial statements and you’d better expect people to ask you to back them up. Snapping at them isn’t going to cut it, as evidenced by most of this thread. And it’s really only logical to keep your responses polite unless you WANT to drive people off.

I have no intent on being polite to many of the people here, as they fail to be polite themselves. I posted numerous effective builds that I spent alot of time making/testing to REPLACE the current metas, (Months of testing/experiments, teaching them to other people for more testing/experiments), and the first things I see in this thread are direct unprovoked insults to me and my skill/builds. I have no want to become the most famous/greatest Necromancer of eternity, I only want to see better Necro players. I’m not going to kiss kitten to get on SoAC, or be nice to complete kittens like Ascii either. These builds work, use them, or don’t. Ask for my help, or don’t. However don’t intend me to ever respect/be polite to someone that comes into a thread made to better the community only to disrespect it completely due to personal reasons.

Bhawb.7408

The game was a different thing entirely. Regardless of what you are playing with, there are certain things one could see about how you played that showed you weren’t of the highest caliber of player. I have no doubts that you might be a very good player, but the idea that you are going to teach the top tier Necromancers how to play is going to fall on deaf ears unless you actually show it. What you showed me was something that top tier players would have picked apart easily.

I didn’t show you much at all anyway, I wasn’t being serious, I was theory crafting. I spend 99% of my theory craft time solojoining or premading with experimental builds across all classes. I’m sorry if I don’t have a high rank because of that, and I’m sorry I don’t cream 30 players at once. Anyhow, I never said that I am the greatest player of all time, and I don’t expect to be. Gibbly is a better player than I. However I know more about Necro builds than he does. If you asked Gibbly prepatch if Necro could bunker/burst, he’d say no. If you asked me that, I’d show you ingame that we can, infact better than most classes.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You would have been on BoC already if you hadn’t gone out of your way to flame us; we’ve had on multiple people that don’t agree with us and we’ve had arguments with. The problem isn’t that you respond harshly to harsh people (that happens), but that you actually start fights that no one picked with you.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

You would have been on BoC already if you hadn’t gone out of your way to flame us; we’ve had on multiple people that don’t agree with us and we’ve had arguments with. The problem isn’t that you respond harshly to harsh people (that happens), but that you actually start fights that no one picked with you.

Read the first few posts, please. When someone that never even bothered to attempt to use your build tells you it is absolutely awful when you spent ages precision crafting/modifying something to make sure it’s as good as it can possibly be… to help the community. I think that merits getting P/O’d, no? Besides, as I said, I care not about fame or greatness in this game, I want to see better and more diverse Necromancers. We have so much untapped potential it’s ridiculous, and we had all of this potential prepatch to boot. I never asked to be on BoC, and I doubt I would want to be, since I feel I better the community far more teaching players ingame.

Most of the ‘flaming’ was because of Mammoth and a couple others’ irrational and annoying attitude towards my builds without ever using it. I know they didn’t use it, because I know all of my builds are better than the 30/30/10/0/0 because I USED 30/30/10/0/0 the moment the patch came out. Therefore when he tells people in my thread to leave my thread, ignore me, and go somewhere else because every single build I have painstakingly tested is terrible, then I get annoyed. The rest just piled on about my leaderboard rank.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I like how important you guys think you are.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

I have no intent on being polite to many of the people here, as they fail to be polite themselves.

First of all, this is not at all how the thread has played out. The first post in the thread that wasn’t completely on board with your builds was Xaragon and he was being extremely polite and complimentary, by virtually any metric. He basically asked you to be a bit more careful with your generalizations but to continue theorycrafting because he liked what he saw overall… and you bit his head off. You may have read it differently, but it struck me as extremely gentle criticism, especially considering how much of a cesspool these forums can be.

Secondly, it doesn’t matter anyway. If you’re trying to be a pillar of the community, you need to be the adult in the room. Whether you find criticism “annoying” or not, keeping a level head when responding is the difference between attracting and repelling people.

However don’t intend me to ever respect/be polite to someone that comes into a thread made to better the community only to disrespect it completely due to personal reasons.

Then don’t expect anyone to take you seriously. You could maybe get away with that sort of attitude if you were a well-known professional player, but since you’re not, ire awaits you.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I’m just speaking practically. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, after all.

EDIT:

Read the first few posts, please. When someone that never even bothered to attempt to use your build tells you it is absolutely awful when you spent ages precision crafting/modifying something to make sure it’s as good as it can possibly be… to help the community. I think that merits getting P/O’d, no?

No, it doesn’t. Nobody owes you anything. I could pop out a dozen or more builds and post a thread at them, but I’d be daft if I expected to not get any criticism. This is the internet, where normal person + anonymity = a word that would be replaced with “kittenhole.” Do you want to be just another kittenhole talking out of his kitten, or do you want to be taken seriously?

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I have no intent on being polite to many of the people here, as they fail to be polite themselves.

First of all, this is not at all how the thread has played out. The first post in the thread that wasn’t completely on board with your builds was Xaragon and he was being extremely polite and complimentary, by virtually any metric. He basically asked you to be a bit more careful with your generalizations but to continue theorycrafting because he liked what he saw overall… and you bit his head off. You may have read it differently, but it struck me as extremely gentle criticism, especially considering how much of a cesspool these forums can be.

Secondly, it doesn’t matter anyway. If you’re trying to be a pillar of the community, you need to be the adult in the room. Whether you find criticism “annoying” or not, keeping a level head when responding is the difference between attracting and repelling people.

However don’t intend me to ever respect/be polite to someone that comes into a thread made to better the community only to disrespect it completely due to personal reasons.

Then don’t expect anyone to take you seriously. You could maybe get away with that sort of attitude if you were a well-known professional player, but since you’re not, ire awaits you.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I’m just speaking practically. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, after all.

I do admit, I overreacted. However I was anticipating this. ANYONE that believes my builds to be bad can simply use them for themselves, and I’ll help them use them personally ingame. I can prove that they are good. I knew that there would be people that judge before using, and I saw him as the first one to do it. Anyhow, I don’t expect to be the pillar of the Necro community for the billionth time. These builds are good, and anyone whom uses them to their fullest knows it. I’m tired of seeing crappy 30/30/10 Necros, tired of seeing ignorance in regards to Necromancer, tired of seeing “necro cant bunk”, or “Necro cannot burst, it’s only viable build is Conditions”

I made these builds to conquer that ignorance. Believe it or not, that Potentate build is the best point-assualter build I have seen so far on any class. Ask anyone whom has tried defending against me when I’m using it. Remortis, was a guy I found randomly in a solo queue, at that time I had bought into the nonsensical belief that Necro was bad at everything. He was amazing, dominating points, and winning 2v1s using a Wellmancer. I didn’t think that was possible, especially against a semi-competent premade. I took a look at his build, and saw that it could be improved slightly. To this day I stand behind that build as being an incredible Necro Wellmancer that disproves any statement that “Necro can’t roam/burst” in tPvP.

Next, Spazzcromancer’s bunker build was something I never anticipated, once again, I found him in a solo queue. We were fighting against an earlier prepatch guild [tPvP], and he sat inside Clock Tower for the entire match. Surviving everything. He held his own against GC Thieves, HGH Engineers, and even BM Rangers in that tower. I had NEVER seen a Necro bunker before, and once again, my idea of how Necro worked was changed.

Most top PvP Necromancers don’t experiment or theory craft nearly enough. It’s those unique builds that I find on occasion when solo queuing that are truly amazing/ground breaking, and all of them were prepatch when we weren’t ‘viable’. I learned to NEVER judge a build at face value, but to experiment with it, test it, and improve upon it.

Since then, I have ran all-Necro premades, 2 players running Spazz’s bunker, 2 running Remortis’ potentate, and 1 running my conditionmancer. We rarely lose.

Now, Necromancer is blatantly overpowered, and people STILL don’t realize the potential, and they ruin it with a new bad meta. Which is the primary reason why I brought these builds out for everyone to see. So that I can combat ignorance of Necromancers.

Once again, I thought the same way the majority of players in this thread thought before, now I do not. I hope that each of you will put aside your annoyance with me and my kittenty attitude, to atleast experiment with the builds on that first post. If you learn to use them, I guarantee they will change your ideas about Necro.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Most top PvP Necromancers don’t experiment or theory craft nearly enough. It’s those unique builds that I find on occasion when solo queuing that are truly amazing/ground breaking, and all of them were prepatch when we weren’t ‘viable’. I learned to NEVER judge a build at face value, but to experiment with it, test it, and improve upon it.

The rest of your piece was fine, but this is not even close to the truth. I have literally watched Zombify spend hours running with Minions to try and find a way to make them viable within a team framework just to see if he could use it. I watched him run wells and DS Stability builds to see if he could maximize his job.

Here is what you are forgetting. The reason Zombify runs 30/30/10/0/0 is because his job requires him to play that role. Double well with Epidemic. He is required to play that way, and this build fits within the framework of his team. Some of your builds are great, but most of them are builds I have seen a dozen times, and they are fine outside of team framework.

If I am running with a specific team comp, I need to make sure my build suits that comp. Gibbly has over 4k tournament games of prepping with multiple different setups until he found a build that fits both his plays tyle and the what his team needs from him.

Statements like yours above are both biased and as far off from the truth as can be. I remember sitting down with Zombify and Gibbly and explaining that as much theorycrafting and testing as they do Rennoko, Chips and PVE guys like Nemesis do as much for their craft as they do. They were shocked by the level of detail that non-tournament players invest into builds. Why? Because they thought the way that you do. You think your time spent is worth more than the time they spent.

You stated it yourself, you don’t play on a team or with a regular group so all of your builds are designed around doing things yourself they don’t reflect working with different players or team comps.

Did you know that Zombify has changed his build 4 times since the patch simply because it depends a great deal on who the other five guys on the team are, and who you are facing. You do not do more work than the top players. The guys you out think are the third and fourth tier players who simply copy and paste what the top guys do.

I am tired of both sides of the community acting like giant know-it-alls when all of you put in the work needed. The fact that you would bag on players like Symbolic, Gibbly, Anoobis, Zombify, and so on who have done absolutely nothing to you is a reflection of arrogance and not of intelligence. I have sat in on their build sessions, watched them sit there and spend 5 straight hours dueling and figuring out the right attacks to use when to use them and how to pop them. I have watched them start matches with ridiculously bad builds just to see if there was something they could pick up that they may have missed.

Your builds are fine. No one is arguing or saying you are an idiot. We wanted to thank you for it, but your blatant attacks on myself and the guys who rep SOAC is overboard and a bit ridiculous. The fact that you claim not to want attention, but then flame those who have a platform while trumpeting how much you do is completely contrary to that statement.

Anoobis is a guy who doesn’t want attention. It took us months to get him to appear on the show. He had no interest in discussing the builds he helped Zombify, Gibbly, or many of the other tournament players. In fact, when I asked him about the work he did, he complete dismissed me and said that they were just really good players and he just gave them a few thoughts. When he finally appeared on the show, all he did was deflect praise and then he disappeared afterward. He never created a thread about how great he was. When you say you don’t want attention that’s how it works.

Please lay off the attacks on the players. We have talked numerous times, and a lot of times we are on the same page. We just disagree on how to explain it. There isn’t a player who disagrees or doesn’t like that there is another player showing builds. However lay off the fake humility, and the self-tortured act. No one was trying to burn you at the stake.

Stick to theorycrafting and working with new players, and stop throwing other players under the bus. I think there is always something to learn from someone.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

The main issue I think you have Mighty is you dont take into consideration team gameplay when you make builds. Sure a build might be good however if there is a class that fills that role better in Tpvp thats the class that gets the slot. Good necros understand other classes and their job in teams so when a good necro makes a build they will build to fill a spot in the group that other classes can not do better, this limits options a great deal its does for all classes.

Zerker guardians for example are fine and fun, but there are other classes that fill the role better.

Regarding Minions they can work great on close point however when you reach the highest rated teams limitations will show. You dont know this because you have not played the game at that level its also the reason why alot of your statements are considered jokes by some necros here. Its another game when you start fighting the best players instead of just average players.

Call the builds what they are, casual builds that do fine in spvp and very low level tpvp. Nothing wrong with running non-optimal builds I do it alot for fun and a change, I just dont fool myself into thinking they are top notch builds.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Regarding Minions they can work great on close point however when you reach the highest rated teams limitations will show. You dont know this because you have not played the game at that level its also the reason why alot of your statements are considered jokes by some necros here. Its another game when you start fighting the best players instead of just average players.

Just because I know minions inside and out I’d like to add a little to this statement. Zombify recently told me he ran minions a bit for fun with a team made around making them work, and it was exactly what I had been telling people to do for ages to make minions work in a team comp; AoE buffing.

Minions could find their way into top level comps only if the team sits down to a long theorycrafting session and says “our Necromancer is running minions, how do we make this work”, otherwise they will never be up to par with other builds. I love minions, I will run them forever, but even if they saw perfect balancing, they will need a team built around them to maximize their efficiency, otherwise you’re better off running other builds.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

The main issue I think you have Mighty is you dont take into consideration team gameplay when you make builds. Sure a build might be good however if there is a class that fills that role better in Tpvp thats the class that gets the slot. Good necros understand other classes and their job in teams so when a good necro makes a build they will build to fill a spot in the group that other classes can not do better, this limits options a great deal its does for all classes.

Zerker guardians for example are fine and fun, but there are other classes that fill the role better.

Call the builds what they are, casual builds that do fine in spvp and very low level tpvp. Nothing wrong with running non-optimal builds I do it alot for fun and a change, I just dont fool myself into thinking they are top notch builds.

Yet again another insult to me as a player and a theory crafter. These builds will work, and most do not require heavy team changing for top levels of PvP. Everyone has gotten used to Necro being a babysit class, most of these builds do not have to be. I will work with a top PvP team to get them to understand this if need be.

in Necromancer

Posted by: murmelz.8539

murmelz.8539

lol… you’re not engineering a space shuttle…
acting like you’ve invented something big,
this is just a game. everyone can make a build that works for them, no science… really

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

this is just a game. everyone can make a build that works for them, no science… really

Actually it is a science, there is a lot of math, graphs, and analyzing, testing, and proving in order to make a build. It’s as much of a science as great gameplay is an art form. If you don’t think watching great gamers play is an art form than you are missing out. Watch Jumper, Zombify, Zoose, Koroshi, Teldoo, Helseth, or Danto play and then watch me play, and you will see the beauty in how they play. The constant weaving of skills while keeping everything going.

It’s incredible how once a mistake is made a top player will say, “He is dead, but he just doesn’t know it yet.” It’s a beautiful thing. They can do things that we can’t do at a level that most of us hope to come close too. If you don’t believe me watch the last mist league match with SOAC Blue versus OP. Watch how ridiculous Zoose is with the elementalist, than realize that the player he replaced for that game is still one of the top 10 at his position and couldn’t do what he did.

in Necromancer

NewTrain.7549

Yet again another insult to me as a player and a theory crafter. These builds will work, and most do not require heavy team changing for top levels of PvP. Everyone has gotten used to Necro being a babysit class, most of these builds do not have to be. I will work with a top PvP team to get them to understand this if need be.

Dude, calm down. It wasn’t an insult, he was highlighting an area you need improvement in and a pretty accurate one at that. If you can’t handle a little constructive criticism presented in a cordial manner (and by internet standards, this was incredibly cordial), your life is going to be exceedingly difficult.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Actually it is a science, there is a lot of math, graphs, and analyzing, testing, and proving in order to make a build. It’s as much of a science as great gameplay is an art form. If you don’t think watching great gamers play is an art form than you are missing out. Watch Jumper, Zombify, Zoose, Koroshi, Teldoo, Helseth, or Danto play and then watch me play, and you will see the beauty in how they play. The constant weaving of skills while keeping everything going.

Yeah, when I play, I usually bash my head on my keyboard and hope for the best.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

It’s incredible how once a mistake is made a top player will say, “He is dead, but he just doesn’t know it yet.” It’s a beautiful thing. They can do things that we can’t do at a level that most of us hope to come close too. If you don’t believe me watch the last mist league match with SOAC Blue versus OP. Watch how ridiculous Zoose is with the elementalist, than realize that the player he replaced for that game is still one of the top 10 at his position and couldn’t do what he did.

Alright, I’m done fighting these people. I talked to Xom ingame and got my answer. These builds work if you give them a try, if you need help learning them or have questions about them, talk to me ingame or PM.

That’s all I have left to say here.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Yeah, when I play, I usually bash my head on my keyboard and hope for the best.

See, there you go,, you should have rolled a guardian. It’s much easier to play that with just the head banging that way :P