Time for a serious answer on staff #4

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

So with the new content in pve focusing around krait and nightmare court with tons of condis, I think it’s time for a serious answer on staff #4 putrid mark. Is it bugged or not? is it meant to be split with it’s current form remaining in pvp formats and reverted to the old form in pve? All I know is we could use the old putrid mark now more than ever. not to benefit ourselves, but to help our allies.

I know multiple times today I could have saved someone from dying if I could have put a putrid mark on them and pulled off all the confusion as I was running up to them. Yeah we can use plague signet, but it still seems to be buggy, and only pulls every few seconds and only 1 condition at a time, fairly certain it pulled them right off of me as well…

I’m not asking for an immediate fix, but I would like to know, officially, what is the plan for this skill? Should we, or should we not be looking to it as a support skill in the future?

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Agreed. ANet needs to make a straightforward declaration about Putrid Mark.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

TheAgedGnome.7520

Maybe they just want us to spend the 25 skill points for Antitoxin Spray instead:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/tower/Antitoxin-Spray/3113093

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Throw it into the bug forum.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

TheAgedGnome.7520

Throw it into the bug forum.

From a quick Google search (since the forum search is utterly broken).

So, maybe they know, maybe they don’t.
Maybe its a bug, maybe its not.
Such poor communication.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Throw it into the bug forum… again :P

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

As we were the only class not to get any patch updated with Living Story this time, I thought we must have been a perfect class!

Sarcasm aside. I’ve pestered the hell out the staff here. (For this bug and others)
Other big ones with the staff, is interrupt on casting a mark, get’s full CD. The usal projectile probs of we can’t shoot ourselfs out of roots, and some go over objects in WvW like oil.

Excluding saying here comes the love. There’s been none of the bugs listed fixed. (Tho one dev on necro forums did reply to one of my things about the 1sec+lag on exit transform, saying it kept getting him killed & frustrated, that seems better now!)

Anyway, if anyone hears anything from anywhere, please let me know.
I’ve been banned from talking on there FaceBook page, and they have deleted my threads here within 6hrs. So Im not getting very far. (NO they haven’t been abusive or such, just bad press I guess is there reasons.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

Wait. You guys are still using the staff, in any build, even after these bugs? No wonder Anet doesn’t fix it.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Wait. You guys are still using the staff, in any build, even after these bugs? No wonder Anet doesn’t fix it.

I officially announced my boycott on staff a few weeks ago. Not that it’ll do anything, but it makes me feel important.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

What are we suppose to use in PvE? A single target only, close range as a squishy light class with no attrition?
Or go condi and fight to get 1sec ticks in events, and not be able to attack objects?

Also, don’t the dev’s fix things faster if it’s used more? Ele bug on 1 skill added in this patch, was fixed withing 6 hours. There’s been heaps of work, on balance & getting many viable specs as a war, guessing because they are the most played class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I made what has to be the 1 bajillionth bug report on this in the “Game Bugs” section
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Necromancer-Putrid-Mark/

pls bump it for great justice if necessary, maybe we’ll get better results over there…

in Necromancer

flow.6043

We are changing the tooltip to clear up the confusion for this skill. It is a 3 condition transfer from self to foes when they trigger it. None of the other issues are bugs.

Hope this clears things up. This skill has undergone major balance renovations.

It will no longer cleanse teammates and it will always give a full cooldown when interrupted because its one of the best skills in the game.

Great success! We got an answer… not sure I like it though xD

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I hate the interrupt decision

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Can they just make it not possible to cancel then?

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

We are changing the tooltip to clear up the confusion for this skill. It is a 3 condition transfer from self to foes when they trigger it. None of the other issues are bugs.

It will no longer cleanse teammates and it will always give a full cooldown when interrupted because its one of the best skills in the game.

aka: The skill is bugged but we don’t care so we are changing the tool tip to make it look like it’s working as intended (just like we did previously with Lich Form).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I just left the bug forum and saw that post by Chapman and it’s pretty crazy. For a dev that may accidentally find his way into the Necro forum:

Can we perhaps one day see this skill split for PvE/PvP? It was one of the few skills that Necromancer has in PvE that actually let me help my group.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

Great success! We got an answer… not sure I like it though xD

Woot! I was actually sitting in the dev meeting when that was decided. From what I recall it went something like this:

A: So I heard Putrid Mark has been broken for a year.
B: It’s kittened
C: … like really kittened.
A: So what’s up with that?
B: Can’t get it to work as stated.
(C: You had one kittening year, christ O_o)
A: kitten!
So…
B: Leave it be? It’s necros we’re talking about.
A: Naaa, that’s getting old. Peeps might see a pattern.
C: Gotta go, warrior speed runs tonight, don’t miss it!
A/B: Haha, like we would Laters!
B: So, label it a balance decision and change the tooltipp?
A: LAWL
B: No seriously, makes it look intentional and like we know what we’re doing. Plus it leaves little room for discussions and ridicule.
A: Aahaha, trying to sound sophisticated Good sir, thou art a genious amongst men, that shall be the decision!
B: That will teach them DON’T MESS THE WARRIOR, BOIS!

Back then I thought they were joking :/

Ele / Guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Well I guess that settles it then, I won’t be using staff anymore either. There’s no point anymore. If I can’t cleanse the condis off my allies then it’s no longer a support weapon (and don’t try to tout the measley regen as “support” because there’s far more efficient ways to do that). Good thing I planned for this in advance and already have alternatives builds available. I guess it’s a good thing though, I sure won’t be wasting anymore traits on staff and it will free up possibilities for new builds.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They really kittened this weapon good… Pardon my French. The only skills in the game (iirc) that goes full LONG cds (even on a weapon) just for being interrupted, nerfed effects, long CD for the tiny kitten aoe fear, crappy regen on 2 and a couple bleeds. IDK man… That’s rough. Pretty disappointed they made ALL of the bugs intended nerfs.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well I guess that settles it then, I won’t be using staff anymore either. There’s no point anymore. If I can’t cleanse the condis off my allies then it’s no longer a support weapon (and don’t try to tout the measley regen as “support” because there’s far more efficient ways to do that). Good thing I planned for this in advance and already have alternatives builds available. I guess it’s a good thing though, I sure won’t be wasting anymore traits on staff and it will free up possibilities for new builds.

I wouldn’t use it myself, except there’s no better option for WvW sieges.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Bawi… nice ^^

Yeah, I don’t believe for a second that this was an intentional change originally.

All skills in the game (except for some other bugged skills..?) are getting locked for 5 seconds when interrupted. Why would the necro who got serious damage buffs (among others) with the same patch get a stealth nerf that causes, not just the allegedly overpowered Putrid Mark, but all marks to go on full cooldown?
This mechanic makes no sense in context of the rest of the game. And if that one skills is that powerfull, why would they nerf all skills of the same weapon with the same “feature”, instead of just nerfing Putrid Mark… oh wait, they did: no more ally cleasing and just 3 condis per target.
That’s why I immediately asked if all marks are considered “one of the best skills in the game”.
The full cd on interrupt makes no sense, but at least we got an official statement for once :/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Hey, I remember when they did this with our elites and minions! Good to see the devs are consistent.

“It’s broke? Uhhh.. Call it a feature and get the boys working on a new tooltip”.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’m not using staff anymore, that’s decided. This was a gigantic mushroom-slap (that is what you think it is) to the face to us, and it annoys the hell out of me.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well, guess I go dagger/warhorn and scepter/dagger. I guess that can work.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I’ve loved the staff like my very own child since day one. Everything I’ve done I’ve done in an attempt to make it shine. But no longer can I deny the fact that it’s just a stick. A stick which isn’t even particularly pointy.

… So, anyone care to guesstimate when the new weapon sets will arrive?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Well, guess I go dagger/warhorn and scepter/dagger. I guess that can work.

I’d say probably S/D + S/WH for condition builds now. Gives you an extra sigil, and the warhorn allows better interrupts than reaper’s mark.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Even with putrid being kitten ed and the swap bugs, staff is still our best overall weapon so yeah im using it, as a matter of fact for Halloween i crafted myself the Crossing. Also its the weapon to swap to when lupi drops his kitten around the arena in phase 2 and you have to tank it with LF but cannot go melee since youll get bubbled with such low dodge count for power builds.

Its doesnt mean that other weapons are bad (especially not D main hand, WH and Focus), but just weirdly designed or dont fit my playstyle preferences (scepter and axe/dagger offhand respectively). Its the Warrior GS, the Guardian & Mesmer Sword n Focus, the Ranger Longbow n Warhorn, the Thief MH Dagger n Shortbow or Engie nade kit.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

I am not one of the people that says…

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in Necromancer

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

May I ask what is it’s current form?
Is it different in PvP and PvE? does it or does it not work on allies?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Godless.1857

Godless.1857

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It transfers 3 conditions from you to the enemy who triggered it, as far as its condition cleansing goes. Nothing off allies.

Also if someone could check this, I believe it will still cleanse you, but not transfer, if someone activates it but is not “hit” by it (like dodge rolling through).

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I like how staff is such a terrible option and it’s getting worse, yet the other alternatives on a swap weapon end up being worse anyways.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

HA, HAHAHAH, yeah some people called that one. It gives a bit of hope though, that maybe not all of its current functionality is intended.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I’ve always given ANet the benefit of the doubt on everything but this was a massive insult, pretending that this kitten is intentional! I’m truly disgusted, it’s like the whole company simultaneously dropped trou and farted in my face >:(

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

And for anyone who doesn’t know I was never one of the moaners on this forum, even when we were near or at the bottom of the pecking order balance-wise, and search as hard as you might I don’t think you’ll find a single post of mine insulting a dev, but baldfaced lying right in our faces like this is insulting and unacceptable.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.