Can we all agree Anet hates Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I just watched the Ranger part of the AMA…that was by far the most unprofessional thing I have seen in a long time. It can’t even be blamed on the 4 hour long stream as they went into warrior with straight face and intelligent discussion.

I know it has been beaten to death, but apparently not enough so…here goes my complaint list:

- Revive traits….REALLY?

- Pets having separate scaling…seriously? It’s one thing to make a pet based more into power or condition, but utilizing my pet should not be a hindrance. Especially with the number of ‘on bleed’ traits going around for pets…using those is a bad, bad idea.

- Traps having activation time…sigh. This is directly to combat trapper runes, runes which they just ‘balanced’ less than a year ago. If traps are not ‘grenades’, why can we throw them? Making an activation time just makes them ignorable, there is no benefit to this.

- Sprits. Lol. No seriously, all they can do is ‘lol’. The biggest change we have is they can’t move anymore. Because it didn’t ‘feel right’. What?

- Coining the term ‘bearbow machine gunner’. Congrats, you guys made a meta build for ranger! throws confetti. It just happens to be the most predictable and stupid meta build ever, but hey, ’we’ll make it awesome in time’. No, no you won’t.

- Using the term ‘synergy’ to refer to how rangers interact with their pets. Outside of fortifying bond, the only synergy we have with pets is writing suicide notes.

- Pet stagnation. In three years and an expansion, no one could come up with new pets? Not one? I look at the skelk and think how awesome it would be if we had one that could shadowstep. But then I slap my self and put my dunce cap on because all we need are bears!

So yeah, I’m ticked. Not that it matters, because no dev reads here. That much is obvious by the awesome treatment we get each and every patch. The ultimate irony is how huge that CDI thread was…and the amount of ‘no change lolz!’ going on in the AMA.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

:…Pets having separate scaling…seriously? It’s one thing to make a pet based more into power or condition, but utilizing my pet should not be a hindrance. Especially with the number of ‘on bleed’ traits going around for pets…using those is a bad, bad idea.

Pets having separate stats to the ranger is the best idea they had with pets by far. The only issue is that none of them have condition damage as base.

I guarantee Rending Attacks is merged with something else or changed, they will not leave two traits that make the pet apply bleed. Hopefully it becomes cripple or boon removal.

in Ranger

Gotejjeken.1267

Separate stats really, really annoys me. Mostly because of trait splits like we have with ‘expertise training’. I as a Ranger can build heavy into condition, but I have to sacrifice a big element of it (torch and dagger damage) to make using my condi pet not a hindrance (if it happens to overwrite my condis).

If they could find a way around that then I would agree on the stat split. As it stands, I would much rather a pet have a base value heavy into power or condition, and then a scaling value based off of a percentage of my power or condition stat. In that regard it still may be weaker on condi overwrite, but at least we can free up traits like expertise training for something more practical.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

:…Pets having separate scaling…seriously? It’s one thing to make a pet based more into power or condition, but utilizing my pet should not be a hindrance. Especially with the number of ‘on bleed’ traits going around for pets…using those is a bad, bad idea.

Pets having separate stats to the ranger is the best idea they had with pets by far. The only issue is that none of them have condition damage as base.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

in Ranger

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Hate rangers? Two and a half years getting buffs and more buffs. GS buff, longbow buff, signet buff, several traits and pet buffs, axe offhand buff, warhorn buff, torch buff, axe main hand buff, entangle buff, etc….. The list of buffs in huge. Take a look at the old patch notes.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

i don’t agree. some viewers are way too sensitive. i think they care very much about the ranger. the prof has been getting stronger and stronger over the last year. the pre-HoT content patch will make them even stronger, however a lot more work remains to be done.

1. i want to see what will be done to make spirits and traps relevant
2. a handful of traits are useless or unfinished
3. WH and OH axe are still in a horrible state in pvp, and i want to see what will come of these bad offhands
4. half of our pets don’t have a use, and id like to see them made into competitive choices

in Ranger

Posted by: Beezlebub.1538

Beezlebub.1538

- Sprits. Lol. No seriously, all they can do is ‘lol’. The biggest change we have is they can’t move anymore. Because it didn’t ‘feel right’. What?

So yeah, I’m ticked. Not that it matters, because no dev reads here. That much is obvious by the awesome treatment we get each and every patch. The ultimate irony is how huge that CDI thread was…and the amount of ‘no change lolz!’ going on in the AMA.

Couldn’t agree more. Spirits are (in my opinion) the most unique build in this game. That’s what I love about it, also to iterate the fact that it is the one of the only support specs with ranger.

Live and as of now, they’re not viable because they’re targetable and have trash health. The best thing they did with them was enable them to move, which supports the whole idea of active combat and not just sitting in one spot and PEW PEW. Now, they’re removing it again?! WTF? Why make an unviable build even more unviable? This is their chance to fix it and they’re just making it worse. So now, not only are they still targetable with their trash health, but they’re also immobile and there’s no way for the ranger to move them out of the AOEs… therefore making them absolutely pointless.

I will be deleting my Ranger if this ends up being released as described.

in Ranger

Gotejjeken.1267

Hate rangers? Two and a half years getting buffs and more buffs. GS buff, longbow buff, signet buff, several traits and pet buffs, axe offhand buff, warhorn buff, torch buff, axe main hand buff, entangle buff, etc….. The list of buffs in huge. Take a look at the old patch notes.

Going to have to agree to disagree here. Pet damage nerf, pet leash nerf, SB ‘animation fix’, SB range nerf (with not even a trait compensation), etc. If anything, we’ve been nerfed as much as buffed to come out with net zero.

I mean, you think by now we would be off most ‘kick on sight’ lists. We aren’t because as of this writing we have no team utility and have the most hateable meta build ever.

EDIT: To make things worse, the devs LOVE the ‘bearbow machine gunner’ meta build. That is just astounding and to me shows a complete lack of creativity or care. To even be actively promoting bearbow as a thing shows the disdain (and they mentioned the term bearbow like 50 times in 10 minutes on the AMA).

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I don’t think they were serious when they kept mentioning the Bear. It came off (to me) playfully sarcastic, similar to when they addressed the change of ferocity and laughed when they mentioned people using Magi gear and how they were to become more viable.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I don’t think they hate ranger players, but I think the the limitation of set up by the profession from the beginning (which seems likely to have been worked on my people no longer working on it or at the company in general) and are stuck dealing with it is more of the problem. So that leads to less excitement about the profession, like the comment about making new ‘ranger’ skills versus new druid skills.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I don’t agree that A-net hates rangers

in Ranger

Beezlebub.1538

I don’t agree that A-net hates rangers

Why post your thoughts/ideas if you don’t support them?

in Ranger

Eggyokeo.9705

I was just answering the question in the title

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

A simple-minded statement with no real backing, follow by another simple statement without rationale seems fair to me.

in Ranger

Bran.7425

How about the thought in this thread?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Something-we-all-can-agree-on/first#post5015715

in Ranger

Eggyokeo.9705

A simple-minded statement with no real backing, follow by another simple statement without rationale seems fair to me.

This

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I’m going to have to disagree on the activation time change with traits. Personally, I think it is a fantastic idea — as long as they are balanced around it. This is one of those things where we will just have to wait and see.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Eggyokeo.9705

How about the thought in this thread?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Something-we-all-can-agree-on/first#post5015715

I don’t really use traps so i have no thoughts on this.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Separate stats really, really annoys me. Mostly because of trait splits like we have with ‘expertise training’. I as a Ranger can build heavy into condition, but I have to sacrifice a big element of it (torch and dagger damage) to make using my condi pet not a hindrance (if it happens to overwrite my condis).

But I want to use a high direct damage pet when playing condi. It’s probly the better way to go as well, having good direct damage as well as condition damage is less vulnerable to counter.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Lol you thought that was bad.. take a look at the necro part of the stream.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Sigh, each and every one of us is entitled to our opinions obviously but I wholeheartedly disagree with op. With the reveal of the ranger specializations in the new system I cannot be happier to be a ranger main and cannot wait to get my hands on this newer faster stronger version of my favorite class.

As has already been stated its not perfect. There are some traits still that no one will choose. Ever pretty much. There are some traits that seem like they have the seed of a good idea, but arent quite there yet. No worries. From what I understand its not final and this is an iterative process after all. Then we have some absolutely amazing traits that are set to be class defining/re-defining.

The new trait spread looks to solidify rangers current strengths as well as expand or even introduce some new ones. I think we’ll see rangers taking on some new roles across all game types.

Mark my words Decap rangers will be a thing in pvp. Quickdraw for double knockbacks? Yes please. Taunt could be the best thing that ever happened to devourer pets. Rangers will see expanded use in WVW with our improved vuln spam capabilities thanks to remorseless. We’ll see skirmishing builds similar to the current d/d ele, with strong 1v1 capabilities, sustain, dmg mitigation, as well as expanded support for team mates with beastmasters bond and better access to blast finishers. In PVE our dmg gets a buff, we have more blast finishers, and we are possibly the best class now at keeping vuln on a boss? Look at us to fill a similar role to engi currently but with spotter and frost spirit added in on top.

I find it very exciting indeed that all our specializations will have traits worth taking and all our specializations seem to have synergy with each other. Ranger looks like an almost completely different more capable class with these trait changes.

This is without even looking at changes to traps, which appear to pulse dmg now (read the trap res trait, has a tooltip for the utility). This is without knowing how spirits are going to look. As a side note having never played gw1 I can’t speak from experience, however spirit rangers were apparently a big deal back in that game? Spirits were stationary, provided far reaching effects that were potent and momentum swinging. Sounds better than what we have now. Will shouts get some love? I think it likely as well.

So yeah, I’m excited. I think the devs are excited. And I think there are some people in Anet who are thinking about this creatively and intelligently.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

@topic
No, I can’t agree.

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

No, we can’t agree. It’s pretty obvious they care. A lot.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Change wise I think we’ve done pretty well, actually.

I will say though I do hate the way they do Streams, especially when it comes to the Ranger. It is prettyy cringeworthy how they constantly try to be funny when actually I’d much rather they just went through each change and why they did it in a professional way. Hell, maybe it wouldnt have taken them 4 hours to get through if they’d just get on with giving us the info and cut the crap.

So personally I don’t watch the streams anymore.. I just read the notes Dulfy always makes because at least she cuts to the chase. But like I said, as far as content goes, the Ranger is getting some of the best changes I think.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Live and as of now, they’re not viable because they’re targetable and have trash health. The best thing they did with them was enable them to move, which supports the whole idea of active combat and not just sitting in one spot and PEW PEW. Now, they’re removing it again?! WTF? Why make an unviable build even more unviable? This is their chance to fix it and they’re just making it worse. So now, not only are they still targetable with their trash health, but they’re also immobile and there’s no way for the ranger to move them out of the AOEs… therefore making them absolutely pointless.

You have no idea what they’re gonna do with the spirits, so you might just wanna save the rage until you actually know something.

Stationary ranger spirits could make a huge impact in GW1 pvp, more so than they ever did in the sequel. They’re obviously going back to those ideas. Vigorous Spirits baseline opens up some actual trait choices for spirit rangers.

I’m 110 % behind this change. Let’s just hope they don’t kitten it up.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Not exactly.

It’s like ranger used to be 100. They cut down to 50. (SB nerf, quickness nerf, pet nerf, pet swap quickness nerf) Then they cut down to 20 (spirit nerf)

After they made the ranger a 20 class, they start SLOWLY adding small things, make it 30-> -50 and finally currently it’s at around 60.

Anet does not “keep on buffing and buffing” ranger. They just slowly shift the power back to ranger. (At a VERY SLOW rate)

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

This is without knowing how spirits are going to look. As a side note having never played gw1 I can’t speak from experience, however spirit rangers were apparently a big deal back in that game? Spirits were stationary, provided far reaching effects that were potent and momentum swinging.

They were. You could build your team based on the functionality of your spirits, aswell as shutting down certain opponents’ builds in the affected areas.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Nature_ritual

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I hope the trapper changes are not set in stone, it would destroy trapper runes to have an activation time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

GW1 spirit was indeed stationary and the range affected by them was HUGE, it would be the equivalent of a 1500~1800 radius in GW2.
But the trick in GW1 is that spirit effects worked for everyone, including enemies, so you had to be prepared, like a spirit that gives ice damage, everyone will cause ice damage, but if your team have ice defense the spirit will have bonus for you.

Anyway, as mentioned before we just know that spirits will be stationary, we still don’t know what other changes they’ll have.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I hope the trapper changes are not set in stone, it would destroy trapper runes to have an activation time.

Actually, I think it will make them better. As it is now, you throw the trap and get the stealth/speed, if it immediately goes off, you lose the stealth due to revealed. If they make the traps have an arming time, you won’t be able to lose the stealth as quickly.

You’ll just need to lead your foe a bit or draw them into the traps. Slightly different play style than before.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

I disagree with your statement about them not caring.

• The success of the game dictates the success of their jobs … they want things to be successful … especially for such a largely played class
  • They were no less professional for Ranger than for other classes. They were cutting up for all classes. By the time they got to Ranger, they had already been streaming for 3.5 hours and had joked quite a bit during that time.

Your other points:
Revive Traits
Everyone has them. They aren’t mandatory for anyone. If you don’t like them, don’t take them. Please see Durzlla in a dueling arena for 2v2s and he’ll show you how ridiculous these traits can already be in particular support builds … in a 2v2 no less. I can tell you it was a pain in the butt fighting him and one other in a 2v2 when he played that build.

Pets Have Separate Scaling
You are complaining about one of the most powerful options available to Rangers. Since the scaling is separate, you can have your pet be glassy, tanky, etc. regardless of what you are.

• If you want both of you to be glassy, you can still do that.
  • If you want both of you to be tanky, you can do that.
  • if you want one of you to be one and the other be the opposite … you can do that.

You are complaining about being given more options … seriously?!

Traps Activation Time
They mentioned that they will be tweaking traps in order to balance this out. Given that you have no clue what those tweaks are going to be, you are jumping the gun here and just giving a baseless/useless opinion. Have some patience/intelligence and wait and see what the changes are before you complain about them.

Additionally, this is VERY helpful for Rangers with Trapper runes as they now know they won’t have to worry for X seconds about their trap being triggered and breaking their stealth. Currently, that is an issue as currently a Trapper ranger can have their stealth immediately broken if the trap they just dropped to gain stealth is triggered and deals damage.

Spirits
Yes, I agree that Spirits are still sub-par. That being said, they didn’t touch the one GM Spirit trait. I imagine there is a big, fat “yet” for that. We also don’t know if the Druid specialization will do something for them. Just saying … thematically that would make sense.

Bearbow Machine Gunner
Are we really complaining about the jokes they are making about the dumb posts people make about classes? Are you word-policing people now? Just ./sigh

Synergy with Pets
If you haven’t figured out the various synergies with your pet, then you are obviously at a low level of play with your Ranger. Figuring out how to properly use your pet is a staple of a good Ranger.

Canine Howl → Swap → Other Canine starts w/ knockdown → other Canine Howl → Muddy Terrain —> Entangle —> Knockback/Daze (weapon dependent). Oh my, I just combined my pets’ CC with my own. There’s some great synergy there.

Axe + Fortifying Bond to easily get 25 stacks of Might on your pet … synergy.

Cripple from your pet in order to trigger Predator’s Onslaught even when your current weapon doesn’t cripple.

The list goes on an on based on build, weapon sets, and pets. It just requires some thought … which is a large part of why I love it.

Pet Stagnation
That’s great that you’d like to have some new pets. You’re not the only one. Is it really required? I don’t think so. It would be nice, but it’d be nice for everyone to be getting more options for their class mechanics as well. This is one of those “my wishlist wasn’t completely answered” cries.

“No Change Lolz”
Perhaps you didn’t realize that (1) Some people were people sarcastic and (2) some people are flat out stupid.

Are you incapable of looking at the multitude of compiled lists of changes? There are so many changes for Ranger that are outstanding that if you truly believe “no changes lolz” then I’m sorry but <insert obvious>.

Past Patches
As others have stated, if you believe this then you simply aren’t paying attention … or it’s another “my specific wishlist items weren’t done”. The latter is just childish. Please read the book “Winning Ways”. There is often more than one correct answer … and ArenaNet has access to far more information about player gameplay and the direction of the game than you do.

I’m horribly disappointed by the OP.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Actually, I think it will make them better. As it is now, you throw the trap and get the stealth/speed, if it immediately goes off, you lose the stealth due to revealed. If they make the traps have an arming time, you won’t be able to lose the stealth as quickly.

You’ll just need to lead your foe a bit or draw them into the traps. Slightly different play style than before.

Well I hadnt thought about it in that way. That does sound very helpful indeed

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

- Traps having activation time…sigh. This is directly to combat trapper runes, runes which they just ‘balanced’ less than a year ago. If traps are not ‘grenades’, why can we throw them? Making an activation time just makes them ignorable, there is no benefit to this.

It doesn’t combat the runes, more like giving trap rune setups a slight buff where you won’t get revealed as soon as you enter stealth when you drop traps that deal damage. But it hits hard aggressive trap rangers which have to chase classes that kite/stealth around them. It’s more like praying people will stay in the trap, or hoping people would step on them now… I strongly am against this change, and will completely stop playing traps if this goes live. I only play this in PvP/wvw roaming and will have little or no interest in the game if something seriously kittened/malicious towards us happens. Traps don’t scale well with power either, and people won’t just stay in traps.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

Personally, I am overwhelmed with the amount of options that will open up to ranger with these upcoming changes. There is a vast amount of synergy between traits, that don’t feel niche.

Traits like windborne notes, beastly warden, quick draw, lead the wind, wilderness knowledge, beast masters bond, honed axes oak heart salve and all its synergies, the changes to remorselessness and the associated traits, and so on, open up so many new play-styles.

I personally think that anet USED to “hate” rangers, but the guy who in charge of these changes (who was missing from the ready up the day of the announcement, clearly has a distinct vision of a more synergistic ranger, and cares a great deal for the class. Which is ehy ia m currently optimistic about the changes to spirits, it seems like they are pushing them back to what they were in gw1, which is good. For them we shall wait and see.

As for the pets, we may still see buffs with them as they never said they weren’t changing them.

traps, well, I guess I personally don’t really care about traps.

we have yet to see what druid is all about too,

in Ranger

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Not all while some issues remain like secondary stats and pet,AI pattern they made decent progress. I was depressed while watching ranger section due necro one but it seems they are trying to connect ranger from GW2 and GW, their conspiracy only applies to necro at least so far.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I think we can all agree A-net hates Necromancer.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: typographie.1742

typographie.1742

Traps and spirits were more interesting, specialized, and unique to the ranger in Guild Wars 1. These changes are, at least on paper, the first steps to get back to that. I don’t want traps to be just another arbitrary name for area affect spells, and I don’t want spirits to be just another arbitrary name for group buffs.

That being said, if they want GW2 spirits to feel more like they did in GW1, we need major mechanical changes. Edge of Extinction, Winter, Frozen Soil, and Quickening Zephyr were far more interesting than “X% chance for Y on hit.” GW1’s nature rituals also affected enemies and allies at once, making their use a much more interesting decision. In a good way, they weren’t always helpful.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Revive Traits
Everyone has them.

The uniqe thing about the ranger isn’t the existence of revive traits, it’s that we got two of them. When they set out to merge/remove/replace underwhelming traits, I’m somewhat amazed how these two still excist as two seperate traits and not one.

Overall very happy with the suggested changes they’re doing, but this one stuck out to me. Just merge them and call it a day.

in Ranger

Bran.7425

Traps and spirits were more interesting, specialized, and unique to the ranger in Guild Wars 1. These changes are, at least on paper, the first steps to get back to that. I don’t want traps to be just another arbitrary name for area affect spells, and I don’t want spirits to be just another arbitrary name for group buffs.

That being said, if they want GW2 spirits to feel more like they did in GW1, we need major mechanical changes. Edge of Extinction, Winter, Frozen Soil, and Quickening Zephyr were far more interesting than “X% chance for Y on hit.” GW1’s nature rituals also affected enemies and allies at once, making their use a much more interesting decision. In a good way, they weren’t always helpful.

Unfortunately, if they went back to that style effect for spirit the skill sets would see even less play than the majority of them do now. The first mistake some ranger made with them would have the ranger pushed out of group content.

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

That is more close to the truth.

Rangers are getting some nice changes lately and this next update looks good, most traits I read I see as a good candidate to my build.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

If they made spirits good enough that I wanted to at least use them when defending a tower/keep … I’d be very happy.

I imagine that whatever they did that made me like them in those situations would make me like them in PvE as well as long as I could find a safe spot to park them.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Peacock.6412

Peacock.6412

I don’t get the sense that Anet hates rangers, actually I think that some of the new traits look fantastic, my only questioning in that regard is where some of the traits are situated in lines. If I want to come close to approximating the build that I use now I’m definitely going to be forced to take Wilderness Survival, Nature Magic and Beastmastery. Like many others I truly question the decision to stick honed axes in the beastmaster’s line, rather than a more condition oriented line.

Unashamedly Qoo Qoo for Quaggans!

in Ranger

Bran.7425

Not entirely sure if they really do, it could be a case that the nature of the profession (similarly to ranger and mesmer) to just bug out, much more often than the other professions and while being stuck in bug fix mode could make a person a bit burned out on it. I imagine a similar situation on whoever gets stuck working on adapting armor/outfit models for charr/asura if hypothetically they would rather be working on something else that could effect the quality of the work.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

<< … Looks at Necromancer Specializations
>
> … Looks at people thinking ANet hates Necromancers

You people smoking some hardcore stuff while I’m at work?

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Bran.7425

They do really need to work on how they choose to present the information about the professions, imagine if the engineer (or elementalist) changes were presented in a manner similarly to those of necromancer or ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elendur.9342

Elendur.9342

Unfortunately, if they went back to that style effect for spirit the skill sets would see even less play than the majority of them do now. The first mistake some ranger made with them would have the ranger pushed out of group content.

That is a point there, I really like the idea of really strong skills having a drawback, and wouldn’t mind it at all, but some groups are really annoying to deal with whenever you try to learn or test something, and this is the reason why I don’t even use the LFG tool anymore… And for what I’ve seen, rangers also seem to get more hate on groups…

Sorry about the rant here, I just felt like ranting when I saw that lol

in Ranger

Bran.7425

That is a point there, I really like the idea of really strong skills having a drawback, and wouldn’t mind it at all, but some groups are really annoying to deal with whenever you try to learn or test something, and this is the reason why I don’t even use the LFG tool anymore… And for what I’ve seen, rangers also seem to get more hate on groups…

Sorry about the rant here, I just felt like ranting when I saw that lol

They would have to make sure that the greater risk for reward style skills actually have a place in the the content, however that would mean they would need to take in account the possibility of their use and with the general lack of thought that went into reflection and what it can do to content I doubt they would do much better with skills that could potentially cause more harm than good for players.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

They do really need to work on how they choose to present the information about the professions, imagine if the engineer (or elementalist) changes were presented in a manner similarly to those of necromancer or ranger.

You mean cutting up and making jokes?
They were doing that from the start and throughout the whole thing … especially with the tongue-in-cheek about conditions in a world where Poison/Burning stack.

Perhaps it isn’t them and it is instead you all being more sensitive when they are talking about the classes you care about versus the classes you don’t care about.

You also have to take into account their relationships with the various developers as well as the personalities of those developers. Different developers were on at different times. This can change the dynamics of the presentation.

Finally … as previously stated … by that time they had already been doing it for hours … perhaps they were getting a bit more comfortable.

Just food for thought.

If I was a developer for ArenaNet, I’m pretty sure my eyes would roll out of my head from all of these posts about “how they said W” … “how they didn’t say X” … “they did say Y” … “they didn’t say Z” …

… heck, I already eyeroll plenty when reading some of this stuff …

… so kudos to ArenaNet developers for still having their eyesballs in their heads.

Better yourself.

(edited by Sebrent.3625)

in Ranger

Beezlebub.1538

My response to the spirit feedback: they are continually promoting specific builds that can only be used in certain situations, without providing an easy way to save and swap between the builds with the click of a button (like City of Heroes, if anyone has played that – you could have so many different builds saved). I am an avid WvW’er, but also happen to LOVE the idea of spirits… but now, I won’t be able to viably use them unless i’m defending a keep… If they were to give us a way to easily switch between builds (when out of combat, of course), then yeah I would at least be satisfied… but they’re not and I personally believe that this all takes away from their whole distinction of active combat.

Also, don’t lecture me on how we can switch builds out of combat now as it is… that is a lame excuse. Currently, we have to change every trait and clog our bags full of different stat gear in order to get the semblance of different builds.

in Ranger

Bran.7425

It was more the seemly general lack of interest for myself which wasn’t really there in the section on the warrior which was after ranger (so the length of it had little to do with that).

I am just purposing if they had made jokes about Elemental Attunement how much more would the elementalist how would it have been taken?

While I think we all they don’t have to produce those live streams, but while you may have your view on the presentation understand that other may not be likely to share it. and perception of things can be more important the actualities.