PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Same old story, expect the same old posts. People saying Rangers are fine and dandy as they still don’t understand that the real problems are all in PvP and not PvE, people saying they kill lots of other players in WvW (where you’re up against weaker players), people saying they rock in sPvP just to boast on the forums.

Lots of classes have issues, Rangers are the only class with broken core mechanics in PvP (damage from pets and projectiles not functioning as intended). The class doesn’t need minor tweaks, it needs urgent fixing. In PvE it needs minor tweaks like any other class (some non-sensical or useless traits, pets dying too easily in dungeons).

Completely agree, and I think the people who are trying to defend the class are actually hindering it’s ability to progress because ANet will see them and think that the class is doing alright.

You actually believe that? Bawhahaha. ANET doesn’t look to the general community for class balance in forums. They just don’t. Do you really think a dev will cruise the forum and say "oh that’s the 100th time they’ve mentioned “balance”, YOU GET A PATCH!"

What’s holding us back is you. All of you doubters and downers. My guild of hundreds of people has 5 rangers in it as mains. Why? Most people haven’t tried they just assume it sucks. In my opinion, YOU haven’t tried. How I wish I could face you guys on the battlefield.

You guys were probably in map chat the other day for the daily “WHAT’S A COMBO FIELD GUYS? HOW DO YOU EVADE GUYS?” Lol

Seriously if you can’t work with the sword or claim it roots, if you think pets are that bad, I mean, I just can’t take any of this seriously. How would you expect a dev to? Do you have any idea how hard a beastmaster traited pet hits with the right build? 5000 to 10,000 dmg depending on what you’re doing and what buffs you have. I can run as fast as 25% speed signet simply using GS “swoop” in dubs. I can use hornet sting into monarchs leap to travel many meters. I can grief people if i want. With the right build, I effective at either melee, ranged, or a hybrid. Why can’t you?

I have like 4 full sets of exotics and with traits roughly a dozen useful builds. I get bored of the same style so I switch and find myself effective in different ways with different builds. Why don’t you?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Chopps, I think it’s about time for you to step back and cool down. You’re getting too emotionally involved. You wish the ranger class was a good class. So do I. But you wish it so bad you’ve deluded yourself into believing it is, but it’s not.

Just… accept that, and move on. We’re with you. We all share your pain.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Chopps, I think it’s about time for you to step back and cool down. You’re getting too emotionally involved. You wish the ranger class was a good class. So do I. But you wish it so bad you’ve deluded yourself into believing it is, but it’s not.

He got himself hyped up off getting too many low level kills in WvW

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Only the ranger forums are so stupid they think their prof is broken, despite the sPvP forum saying good rangers are completely unbeatable in 1v1 when they’re using a trapper build…

Keep trying to make everyone else believe it’s the profs fault bad rangers, but it’s not working.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

Only the ranger forums are so stupid they think their prof is broken, despite the sPvP forum saying good rangers are completely unbeatable in 1v1 when they’re using a trapper build…

Keep trying to make everyone else believe it’s the profs fault bad rangers, but it’s not working.

Only idiots who don’t know how to play can’t defeat a trap ranger, or any ranger for that matter.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

Only idiots who don’t know how to play can’t defeat a trap ranger, or any ranger for that matter.

Right, we only fight idiots and you fight pros, even though we all play the same sPVP teams the same tPVP teams and a wide range of players on WvW servers (T1 and 2 in my case), makes perfect sense. thumbs up

The sooner you admit you’re just bad with the ranger and move on, the better for you.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

Right, we only fight idiots and you fight pros, even though we all play the same sPVP teams the same tPVP teams and a wide range of players on WvW servers (T1 and 2 in my case), makes perfect sense. thumbs up

The sooner you admit you’re just bad with the ranger and move on, the better for you.

And yet I’d still beat you 1v1.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Ah, the old straw man argument. I’m not falling for that. Besides, you need to stop putting words in my mouth and/or assuming you know what I’m thinking. I’m laying it all bare right here. And everyone who plays with me agrees.

What I believe is that there are problems with the class, however, these problems are well known and currently acceptable. Ranger has some annoying issues but they simply do not prevent a player from excelling with the profession. To claim, like you have so often done, that ranger is “broken” is just plain false.

Have you ever played a game with truly broken mechanics? I’m an old hardcore gamer with a background in Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the Gathering, as well as Cosmic Encounter and many other games where skills allow one to tilt the battle (like Guild Wars 2). Over the years I’ve seen some truly broken mechanics that are drastically OP. I’ve also seen many good builds on paper that just don’t work out due to opponent’s skills. Right now, where ranger is just doesn’t mesh with those situations that I’ve seen that is enough to call it “broken”.

And when you keep repeating that (literally you and like two other people), the same thing, and the same posts over and over again (WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS?), it really makes this class look bad.

You are the vocal minority here. We’ve heard your opinions. Please, post bugs on the sticky. Please, stop using these forums as a place to complain about things you cannot control.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

That is where you’re wrong. YOU are the vocal minority here.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: cipherus.7052

cipherus.7052

I agree with Chopps here. I’ve been playing this class in my spare time since my Guardian has gotten dull, and I wanted to visit these forums for neat builds and tips but much to my dismay it’s only filled with constant whining and complaining.

It really just turns me off this class, despite the fact that I love my little ranger and his playstyle. I wish there was a separate subforum here for complaints and gripes about rangers.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I agree with Chopps here. I’ve been playing this class in my spare time since my Guardian has gotten dull, and I wanted to visit these forums for neat builds and tips but much to my dismay it’s only filled with constant whining and complaining.

It really just turns me off this class, despite the fact that I love my little ranger and his playstyle. I wish there was a separate subforum here for complaints and gripes about rangers.

Yeah, me too. If only people would use the sticky to report perceived issues.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: AjoraOaks.3659

AjoraOaks.3659

I laughed when I read neat builds and tips… can continue blaming the people but I figure if the class didn’t have so many issues (especially with pets and then traits following that) you’d see less complaints about complaints and complaints about ranger. Considering how ranger is at the moment the reverse would work better, complaints being the main forum while they keep a lil sticky at top saying build ideas (sound familiar?).

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I laughed when I read neat builds and tips… can continue blaming the people but I figure if the class didn’t have so many issues (especially with pets and then traits following that) you’d see less complaints about complaints and complaints about ranger. Considering how ranger is at the moment the reverse would work better, complaints being the main forum while they keep a lil sticky at top saying build ideas (sound familiar?).

I have many good builds, I just haven’t revealed them yet because the fact that no one uses ranger and no one believes in them works to the favor of my guild. But for the reason you stated I’ve been working to change that, although I’m not sure if that thread is a good place to go because there’s a lot of bad information in there. I will post a video in the near future explaining how to play this class.

In my opinion, the reason why people think it is broken is because it has one of the steepest learning curves in the game when it comes to dungeons or WvW. The reason is because ANET, rather than gimp pets by giving them AI (see necros), they give us the control. We are responsible for making the pet make good decisions. So now you have to control two characters.

Not only that, there’s differences like 30/30/10/0/0 not actually being, necessarily, the highest DPS build. This common glass cannon build (where pets die very, very easily) is a big reason why people have the misperception that pets are squishy.

I give the community another couple months to figure this out, particularly as people begin to level ranger after having mained something else.

Another thing that throws people off is the fact that if you use default keybindings, you’re going to have a bad day. More so than any other profession, using default keybindings will severely limit your potential as a ranger.

PS: As a teaser, I’ve had success with the following traitlines:

0/30/20/0/20

0/0/30/10/30

0/20/0/30/20

10/0/30/0/30

0/0/30/10/30

0/0/30/30/10

I’m sure I’m missing a few…I will elaborate on these later.

(edited by Chopps.5047)

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

@Chopps;
What do you think needs to be done to make Ranger’s better?

(“Better” meaning fixes, improvements, adjustments, etc)

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Rangers are fine. Play a necro and tell me how you think we need to be changed and buffed. Seriously XD. I suck at pvp and here’s me getting ridiculous amount of points, we can do well!

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: Jazenn.7526

Jazenn.7526

I have many good builds, I just haven’t revealed them yet because the fact that no one uses ranger and no one believes in them works to the favor of my guild. But for the reason you stated I’ve been working to change that, although I’m not sure if that thread is a good place to go because there’s a lot of bad information in there. I will post a video in the near future explaining how to play this class.

In my opinion, the reason why people think it is broken is because it has one of the steepest learning curves in the game when it comes to dungeons or WvW. The reason is because ANET, rather than gimp pets by giving them AI (see necros), they give us the control. We are responsible for making the pet make good decisions. So now you have to control two characters.

Not only that, there’s differences like 30/30/10/0/0 not actually being, necessarily, the highest DPS build. This common glass cannon build (where pets die very, very easily) is a big reason why people have the misperception that pets are squishy.

I give the community another couple months to figure this out, particularly as people begin to level ranger after having mained something else.

Another thing that throws people off is the fact that if you use default keybindings, you’re going to have a bad day. More so than any other profession, using default keybindings will severely limit your potential as a ranger.

0/30/20/0/20

0/0/30/10/30

0/20/0/30/20

10/0/30/0/30

0/0/30/10/30

0/0/30/30/10

I’m with you on this Chopps, tell us your tips and stuff! Lol

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: Peter.9406

Peter.9406

There’s either on of two problems here:
1. The ranger community has a whole doesn’t know how to play and complain too much.

It amazes me how much people, especially my fellow rangers, complain about our profession. I have had great success with my ranger. Last night I defeated Simin, High Priestess of Dwayna. That encounter has a very strict burn time. We did it no problem. Rangers damage is fine.

In spvp, we have the tools to do well. It comes down to figuring it out. I have done my fair share of spvp, and to great success.

Stop complaining about the profession, and try to understand it. You will do a lot better.

Are you saying you soloed the High priestess? When you say “WE” I am assuming you did not so I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say here.

My thoughts exactly.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Without wanting to write much, I will just say I think the ranger is fine. What some of you claim as broken, others find success with, so it’s hard to agree with you. It’s like:

“My pet sucks it never hits.”

Me thinking Huh? My pet hits just fine? There’s no way I took out that bunker guardian alone, I was specced into defense? I didn’t make those 2.5k hits?

I never said pets suck, my argument is coming from a PvE point of view where they have to AR and spirits who are lacking tremendously to the point of being unusable.

But I’m pretty sure those heavy PvP’ers would say that in sPvP against skilled players ranger pets are bad because they can easily be strafed to where they do no damage.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

Without wanting to write much, I will just say I think the ranger is fine. What some of you claim as broken, others find success with, so it’s hard to agree with you. It’s like:

Me thinking Huh? My pet hits just fine? There’s no way I took out that bunker guardian alone, I was specced into defense? I didn’t make those 2.5k hits?

I never said pets suck, my argument is coming from a PvE point of view where they have to AR and spirits who are lacking tremendously to the point of being unusable.

But I’m pretty sure those heavy PvP’ers would say that in sPvP against skilled players ranger pets are bad because they can easily be strafed to where they do no damage.

Wasn’t quoting you, just a popular argument.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Same old story, expect the same old posts. People saying Rangers are fine and dandy as they still don’t understand that the real problems are all in PvP and not PvE, people saying they kill lots of other players in WvW (where you’re up against weaker players), people saying they rock in sPvP just to boast on the forums.

Lots of classes have issues, Rangers are the only class with broken core mechanics in PvP (damage from pets and projectiles not functioning as intended). The class doesn’t need minor tweaks, it needs urgent fixing. In PvE it needs minor tweaks like any other class (some non-sensical or useless traits, pets dying too easily in dungeons).

Nah, I had about 30 kills, two keep captures, and 2 deaths tonight in dubs in about an hour of casual play (teaching a party of new rangers my tactics such as FLANK STEAK, which is a tactic that isn’t in the current meta…not what you think it is). I just think you’re mistaken. I really wish I could party up with you guys and show you how it’s done.

And by the way I’m not here to boast. I’m here to defend the class. People like you spread this incorrect nonsense about this class being somehow less than other classes in a battle and it’s just opinion based on anecdotal experience of a few disgruntled players.

For you guys, though, I’ve realized that you’ll never shut up. All you do is complain and bring up these tired old topics over and over again. No matter how many pain inveter videos you see, no matter how much math I show to prove equivalent DPS, no matter how much I try to explain that the players skill and keybindings tilt the battlefield, no matter how much I try to help, literally help, you learn to play this class…it’s almost as if you don’t actually want to improve and/or are using claims of “broken mechanics” as a substitute for personal responsibility.

Either way, there are bugs, but the problems are just simply not drastic enoigh to warrant the NOISE you give it. Your foolishness is why PUGs think rangers suck…even in dungeons! I struggle to PUG dungeons these days. People are like “oh…a ranger?” And it’s all because of you guys spreading lies.

For example, arah path four: you need roughly 3000 attack per person on simin, not “three warriors a guardian and mesmer only”. That kind of nonsense is bad for players like me and bad for the game in general. (I beat path 4 arah with engineer, guardian, elementalist, warrior, and myself).

Seriously, you guys make me sick and not want to ever use these forums. Like I know the names of the top three whiners and we’re all over your drivel. Just stop. LeAve.

Ok so I’m talking strictly from a PvE pov because that’s what I know best… First, in PvE rangers do lack damage when compared to warrior, theif, ele, and mes so people who do say that are completely correct, for you say otherwise is just wrong. However, I come to terms with this because rangers aren’t meant to do amazing damage but are more a jack of all trades. Second, I want you to go into higher level fractals where agony starts ticking hard and not be kitten that your pet can’t stay up for more than half the fight. That is more than half your damage gone no matter how you look at it and has enough warrant on its own to make all this noise. Third, I agree that bad rangers are giving us a bad name and we as a class are capable of doing any dungeon, with the exception of high level Fractals, without any problems I know how to use the ranger quite well.

What I’m arguing here is we have problems with our class that need fixing because it is hindering the class from being up to par with the others, and if you go to the other class forums you’ll notice that as a whole we are the most discontent with our class. Now if you think your thoughts have more weight than a whole community than you sir are quite arrogant. If you read the comments on this thread all we are discussing is changes that should be made on the ranger that will improve the class tremendously for everyone.

Now I want you to disprove to me that rangers are not horrible, pets do not need AR, and for those who arguing the PvP side that pets cannot be easily strafed. If you don’t want this class to be improved and would like to see these broken mechanics stay in the game then I suggest you stop posting and just leave the threads because you’re just hindering the class.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Completely agree, and I think the people who are trying to defend the class are actually hindering it’s ability to progress because ANet will see them and think that the class is doing alright.

You actually believe that? Bawhahaha. ANET doesn’t look to the general community for class balance in forums. They just don’t. Do you really think a dev will cruise the forum and say "oh that’s the 100th time they’ve mentioned “balance”, YOU GET A PATCH!"

What’s holding us back is you. All of you doubters and downers. My guild of hundreds of people has 5 rangers in it as mains. Why? Most people haven’t tried they just assume it sucks. In my opinion, YOU haven’t tried. How I wish I could face you guys on the battlefield.

You guys were probably in map chat the other day for the daily “WHAT’S A COMBO FIELD GUYS? HOW DO YOU EVADE GUYS?” Lol

Seriously if you can’t work with the sword or claim it roots, if you think pets are that bad, I mean, I just can’t take any of this seriously. How would you expect a dev to? Do you have any idea how hard a beastmaster traited pet hits with the right build? 5000 to 10,000 dmg depending on what you’re doing and what buffs you have. I can run as fast as 25% speed signet simply using GS “swoop” in dubs. I can use hornet sting into monarchs leap to travel many meters. I can grief people if i want. With the right build, I effective at either melee, ranged, or a hybrid. Why can’t you?

I have like 4 full sets of exotics and with traits roughly a dozen useful builds. I get bored of the same style so I switch and find myself effective in different ways with different builds. Why don’t you?

Wow you sure love to assume and not read the whole thread. First of all, I’ve played this game since the first beta and played GW1 as a ranger for 5 years. Also, I run with 30 in beast master and my pets rarely die and I use sword as my main weapon so I know very well how to use the class and know what I’m doing. Second, if you read through the forum you’ll notice JP comment on post saying, we also think this and agree so we will change it. Here’s the link in case you missed it https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-update/page/2#post515587
and also here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Pets-and-a-Lack-of-F2-Responsiveness/first
oh and also here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Any-News-on-the-Ranger-Pet-being-Fixed the last one JP actually ask people to post on the forum so they can better improve. So yeah I do think the devs actually read the forums and see how they can improve it. Third, people like you are hindering the class as you don’t want to realize that the ranger really does have broken mechanics that need to be fixed. You think that your thoughts shadow the many people who post problems on this thread. Honestly do you not want the ranger class to be improved?

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Ok but that’s not the argument that’s being discussed here.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Maybe it’s full complain and gripe because the class has some issues that need to be fixed, ever thought of that? I’m shocked how many people just think that all these people are wrong when even devs have made the same comments and mentioned that they are working on these problems, honestly learn to read the forums completely. I mean a lot of these threads I don’t agree with but if you read this whole thread and see what I believe needs to be fixed are pretty much needed.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

Yes, it does.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

0/30/20/0/20

0/0/30/10/30

0/20/0/30/20

10/0/30/0/30

0/0/30/10/30

0/0/30/30/10

Yeah you’re just taking this thread to something completely different. Go read the OP and then reel yourself back in. I agree that people need to learn how to play the class and that there’s a steep learning curve, I know how to play the class and think I have a pretty good build that suites my play style.

What I’m arguing initially is that if you look at the other class forums you’ll see that there’s a general consensus on the ranger forums compared to the other classes that we need fixes. Now mind you that the same people that play that class play this class also so its not only because we are ranger players that don’t know how to play because they do fine on the other classes. Just by looking at the forums you can see that ranger does need work and that is a general consensus. And if you read through the thread I also list what I think needs to be fixed. So how about before you come in here, boasting and claiming to be the almighty who can teach everyone to be as magnificent as you, read the whole thread so you know what’s going on.

(edited by Peter.9406)

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Yes, it does.

No, just read my post above this one.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

Yes, it does.

Yes, it was a good read though. I don’t think it’s a general consensus. I never see people complain in-game. I think that the most people who want to complain come here. I’m only a decent ranger and some problems that are detailed on the forums are things I don’t have to deal with at all.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

@Chopps, and Jazenn

I have the following fully geared 80s; Ranger, Warrior, Thief, Mesmer, and finally a Guardian. I have never lost to another Ranger in a 1v1, ever, on any of my toons, including my Ranger.

If you honestly think people, including myself who feel the class has a lot of issues are just bad players, put your money where your mouth is. Switch servers, and duel me, IN WVW, on all my toons.

I’ll let you fraps it, and post the results. The ball is in your court now. Send me a PM so we can get this started.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

@Chopps, and Jazenn

I have the following fully geared 80s; Ranger, Warrior, Thief, Mesmer, and finally a Guardian. I have never lost to another Ranger in a 1v1, ever, on any of my toons, including my Ranger.

If you honestly think people, including myself who feel the class has a lot of issues are just bad players, put your money where your mouth is. Switch servers, and duel me, IN WVW, on all my toons.

I’ll let you fraps it, and post the results. The ball is in your court now. Send me a PM so we can get this started.

1) I don’t care if you can beat me, I don’t claim to be the best, and I don’t think the class is bad. Beating me would only further support what I think, if anything at all.

2) I’m not paying to switch servers to fight you lol. You can catch me yourself if your online and sure I will in sPvP. Haven’t been able to get on in about a week but I’m on now, I always like duels.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Yes, it does.

Yes, it was a good read though. I don’t think it’s a general consensus. I never see people complain in-game. I think that the most people who want to complain come here. I’m only a decent ranger and some problems that are detailed on the forums are things I don’t have to deal with at all.

Post about spirits:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/State-of-the-Ranger-2013

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Idea-for-Ranger-Spirits/first#post1349917

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Pets-and-Spirits/first#post1337772

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Are-they-mocking-us

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/It-s-not-the-HP

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/The-problem-with-Spirits

you can find plenty of others on your own.

So if this isn’t a general consensus then I advise you to tell me what it is.

And they don’t complain in game because we go in game to play and our voice isn’t heard in game, it’s heard here.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

@Chopps, and Jazenn

1) I don’t care if you can beat me, I don’t claim to be the best, and I don’t think the class is bad. Beating me would only further support what I think, if anything at all.

2) I’m not paying to switch servers to fight you lol. You can catch me yourself if your online and sure I will in sPvP. Haven’t been able to get on in about a week but I’m on now, I always like duels.

You mention sPvP, which (follow me now) is not WvW. I hope you know the difference by now, and understand the largest number of issues with the Ranger are in WvW, not the nerfed and weaken state sPvP is, where bunker builds rule because they remove so much damage so you can cope.

How can you say Rangers are fine, but you’re not willing to back it up? For them to be fine, do you not think you should be good enough to actually kill a good player with them, especially when you claim that those having issues have to be bad players?

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

Yes, it does.

Post about spirits:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/State-of-the-Ranger-2013

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Idea-for-Ranger-Spirits/first#post1349917

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Pets-and-Spirits/first#post1337772

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/The-problem-with-Spirits

And they don’t complain in game because we go in game to play and our voice isn’t heard in game, it’s heard here.

Consensus on the ranger class as a whole. Not just spirits. I think everyone can agree that spirits aren’t perfect.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

@Chopps, and Jazenn

You mention sPvP, which (follow me now) is not WvW. I hope you know the difference by now, and understand the largest number of issues with the Ranger are in WvW, not the nerfed and weaken state sPvP is, where bunker builds rule because they remove so much damage so you can cope.

How can you say Rangers are fine, but you’re not willing to back it up? For them to be fine, do you not think you should be good enough to actually kill a good player with them, especially when you claim that those having issues have to be bad players?

Well you can pay money to come to my tier and fight me then, lol I’m not paying to fight you dude. I realize the difference between WvW and PvP, and it’s the money I’m not gonna pay. And yea I think I can beat pretty much anyone. I just fight people I see, idk who is “good” or not beforehand.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Instead of trolling people who play the Ranger, why not contribute something to help this class.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Changes-the-Ranger-needs-for-WVW/page/3#post1356529

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

@Chopps, and Jazenn

Well you can pay money to come to my tier and fight me then, lol I’m not paying to fight you dude. I realize the difference between WvW and PvP, and it’s the money I’m not gonna pay. And yea I think I can beat pretty much anyone. I just fight people I see, idk who is “good” or not beforehand.

We should both transfer to the two cheapest servers. We’ll have to be on opposite servers. Once you transfer, I can take my alt account to your server so that I know you did in fact transfer before transfering mine.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Yes, it does.

Post about spirits:

Consensus on the ranger class as a whole. Not just spirits. I think everyone can agree that spirits aren’t perfect.

Ok and I started this thread to argue that compared to other class forums we, the ranger forum, are displeased as a general consensus with broken mechanics. The ones I argue specifically are pets not sharing AR which hurt us really bad in Fractals and spirits being horrible and lessening our build diversity. I also mention how signet recharge should be lowered but honestly that would just be an improvement to quality of life and not major.

Other have argued that pet pathing in PvP needs work and I agree since pets deal most of our damage and they can easily be strafed but I don’t think that can be fixed so I do not argue that.

Again, as I said before read the entire thread before commenting please.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

Yes, it does.

Post about spirits:

Ok and I started this thread to argue that compared to other class forums we, the ranger forum, are displeased as a general consensus with broken mechanics. The ones I argue specifically are pets not sharing AR which hurt us really bad in Fractals and spirits being horrible and lessening our build diversity. I also mention how signet recharge should be lowered but honestly that would just be an improvement to quality of life and not major.

Other have argued that pet pathing in PvP needs work and I agree since pets deal most of our damage and they can easily be strafed but I don’t think that can be fixed so I do not argue that.

I have read the thread and I stand by what I said.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

@Chopps, and Jazenn

We should both transfer to the two cheapest servers. We’ll have to be on opposite servers. Once you transfer, I can take my alt account to your server so that I know you did in fact transfer before transfering mine.

Um, no. How about you stop trolling and contribute? Not complaining and whining for changes, but real tips, advice, or strategy of how to play ranger, since you are obviously a master at it.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

@Chopps, and Jazenn

Um, no. How about you stop trolling and contribute? Not complaining and whining for changes, but real tips, advice, or strategy of how to play ranger, since you are obviously a master at it.

Did you not click on this thread?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Changes-the-Ranger-needs-for-WVW/page/3#post1356529

Quit being a forum warrior, and actually learn the game before you try to offer advice.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

@Chopps, and Jazenn

Quit being a forum warrior, and actually learn the game before you try to offer advice.

1) That’s a whine for change thread, not a good contribution to the forums.

2) Forum warrior? Someone who posts on the forums that happens to have a different opinion than you?

3) I know how to play well enough, I can offer whatever advice I can, you don’t have to listen.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

@Chopps, and Jazenn

2) Forum warrior? Someone who posts on the forums that happens to have a different opinion than you?

3) I know how to play well enough, I can offer whatever advice I can, you don’t have to listen.

It’s a whine? Yeah you’re a troll. GG

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Yes, it does.

Post about spirits:

I think you’re just confused and don’t have enough experience to speak on this topic. You just said that there’s a general consensus on the ranger class, specifically spirits, and you then say there are no major problems. I think you’re just trolling because besides you and Chopps everyone else on this thread, and a majority of this forum, pretty much agrees that there are major problems that need fixing and most of us are experienced players.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

@Chopps, and Jazenn

Yes it is. Im no troll, just stating my mind lol sorry if it makes you mad.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

@Jazenn

Do you feel your Ranger is on par with other classes, if so how? I havn’t played the Engineer yet, though fighting them I feel they’re weaker than the Ranger. I havn’t played the Necromancer, but seeing one in a group work their Wells, it is a sight to see, especially paired with two Elementalists in the group. Although out of the other classes I chose to level, and gear up in Exotics, they all play way better than my Ranger under most circumstances, but most importantly groups. My Ranger brings very little to a group. My other toons however bring a lot to the group, such as;

Warrior – Much better damage (easily twice as much), faster revives on downed players, perma Swiftness, perma Fury, Perma Regen, Perma 3 stacks of Might, 10% bonus damage to crit hits, and the list could go on.

Guardian – Better damage (easily 50% more damage), pulsing group regen, access denying abilities (blocks a lot of damage to friendlies), a variety of boons, condition cures for the entire group, and the list could go on.

Mesmer – Much better damage (easily twice as much), Staff build allows me to transfer all boons on me, to my entire group (amazing combined with Chaos Storm and Chaos Armor), SEVERAL COMBO FIELDS to improve the groups damage, Null Field, stealth for the entire group, or a portal to surprise your foes, and the list could go on.

Thief – Special Note: I do not like the Thief in PvE, but WvW they add; much better damage (easily three times as much, potentially four times as much), stealth for the entire group to surprise your foes, the best scouting ability in the game, and the list isn’t really big for the Thief, but the damage more than makes up for their lack of utility in a group.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

@Chopps, and Jazenn

Yes it is. Im no troll, just stating my mind lol sorry if it makes you mad.

Guys please stay on topic.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

Yes, it does.

Post about spirits:

I think you’re just confused and don’t have enough experience to speak on this topic. You just said that there’s a general consensus on the ranger class, specifically spirits, and you then say there are no major problems. I think you’re just trolling because besides you and Chopps everyone else on this thread, and a majority of this forum, pretty much agrees that there are major problems that need fixing and most of us are experienced players.

Im sure there are many more that agree, they just don’t feel the need to come to forums and complain because they are doing fine. There is a consensus on spirits, but not the ranger class as a whole. I think you are confused. Anyone who has played ranger has enough “experience” to speak on this topic lol. This is not academia, this is GW2 lol. I think there are a lot of trolls on this forum, but I don’t consider myself one. Lol get out of here with that experience crap, theres little way for any of us to have credibility outside of strangers assuming what they can about each other lol. I don’t care what most people on the forums think, majority isn’t always right.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

@Jazenn

Do you feel your Ranger is on par with other classes, if so how? I havn’t played the Engineer yet, though fighting them I feel they’re weaker than the Ranger. I havn’t played the Necromancer, but seeing one in a group work their Wells, it is a sight to see, especially paired with two Elementalists in the group. Although out of the other classes I chose to gear up in Exotics, they all play way better than my Ranger under most circumstances, but most importantly groups. My Ranger brings very little to a group. My other toons however bring a lot to the group, such as;

Warrior – Much better damage (easily twice as much), faster revives on downed players, perma Swiftness, perma Fury, Perma Regen, Perma 3 stacks of Might, 10% bonus damage to crit hits, and the list could go on.

Guardian – Better damage (easily 50% more damage), pulsing group regen, access denying abilities (blocks a lot of damage to friendlies), a variety of boons, condition cures for the entire group, and the list could go on.

Mesmer – Much better damage (easily twice as much), Staff build allows me to transfer all boons on me, to my entire group (amazing combined with Chaos Storm and Chaos Armor), SEVERAL COMBO FIELDS to improve the groups damage, Null Field, stealth for the entire group, or a portal to surprise your foes, and the list could go on.

Thief – Special Note: I do not like the Thief in PvE, but WvW they add; Much better damage (easily three times as much, potentially four times as much), stealth for the entire group to surprise your foes, the best scouting ability in the game, and the list isn’t really big for the Thief, but the damage more than makes up for their lack of utility in a group.

Oh god, I don’t want to have to post something like that again right now, I’m starting to get lazier with my posts arguing the same thing. I’ll just say: jack of all trades. Besides that, you are highly underestimating the ranger. You think a thief can kill something 4 times over before a ranger can kill it once? kitten I’m not a master of classes but I know that ain’t true. Each class might be best at whatever but the ranger can do it all.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Peter.9406

@Jazenn
Here are two things you said:
When asked what do various threads prove you answered, “Consensus on the ranger class as a whole. Not just spirits. I think everyone can agree that spirits aren’t perfect.”

Then later you wrote, “There is a consensus on spirits, but not the ranger class as a whole.”

I and someone else on this thread, and from what I read on another thread, think you are a troll so I am done trying to reason with you. You have the right to your opinion, and I am done trying to discuss this topic with you.

(edited by Peter.9406)

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

@Jazenn

Do you feel your Ranger is on par with other classes, if so how? I havn’t played the Engineer yet, though fighting them I feel they’re weaker than the Ranger. I havn’t played the Necromancer, but seeing one in a group work their Wells, it is a sight to see, especially paired with two Elementalists in the group. Although out of the other classes I chose to gear up in Exotics, they all play way better than my Ranger under most circumstances, but most importantly groups. My Ranger brings very little to a group. My other toons however bring a lot to the group, such as;

Thief – Special Note: I do not like the Thief in PvE, but WvW they add; Much better damage (easily three times as much, potentially four times as much), stealth for the entire group to surprise your foes, the best scouting ability in the game, and the list isn’t really big for the Thief, but the damage more than makes up for their lack of utility in a group.

Oh god, I don’t want to have to post something like that again right now, I’m starting to get lazier with my posts arguing the same thing. I’ll just say: jack of all trades. Besides that, you are highly underestimating the ranger. You think a thief can kill something 4 times over before a ranger can kill it once? kitten I’m not a master of classes but I know that ain’t true. Each class might be best at whatever but the ranger can do it all.

Too much knowledge for you? I told you, you were only trolling. The only thing a Ranger can do, another class can’t is provide a permanent pet. The other classes provide the same things; better. To be a jack of all trades means you provide a larger variety of abilities the other classes do not.

I’ve hit for 9k on my Thief, in one hit, against a bunker Guardian. How long would it take you to match that single hit? Right before that hit, I delivered a 5k Cloak and Dagger. How long would it take for you to deliver that 5k damage? In less than 4 seconds I’ve dropped a Bunker Warrior with over 23k health. You wouldn’t have killed him in 20 seconds.

My buddy has a video (I’ll have to see if he still has it up on youtube) of him killing a Bunker Guardian in less than 3 seconds. It was something like 2.5 seconds. You obviously know very little about this game.

Here, educate yourself….

This is an average damage spec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE_Nf8h5R-g

Over 9k hits in sPvP. In WvW we can get much higher critical hit damage. This person would have hit for 12k easy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3Su2tTch4

This guy opens up with a 13k crit, a build I want to learn because he doubles MY THIEVES DAMAGE. Watch at 1 min 40ish seconds, he delivers two 9k crits on a Ranger.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

in Ranger

Jazenn.7526

@Jazenn
Here are two things you said:
When asked what do various threads prove you answered, “Consensus on the ranger class as a whole. Not just spirits. I think everyone can agree that spirits aren’t perfect.”

Then later you wrote, “There is a consensus on spirits, but not the ranger class as a whole.”

I and someone else on this thread, and from what I read on another thread, think you are a troll so I am done trying to reason with you. You have the right to your opinion, and I am done trying to discuss this topic with you.

When I said consensus on the ranger class as a whole, I was answering to when you said “if you think there isn’t a general consensus”. I was agreeing that I thought there wasn’t a general consensus on the ranger class as a whole, not that I thought that there wasn’t a general consensus on spirits. When I said, “there is a consensus on spirits, but not the ranger class as a whole”, it was in agreement with what I was communicating earlier. I don’t think there is a consensus on the ranger class as a whole, but only one on spirits.

Maybe you need to read the thread. I think you are the true troll, taking things out of context and then saying “I’m done here”. Lol