Ranged.... Rangers are Godly (better?)

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

So, is OP going to make some videos himself or not?

From what I see, Xsorus here is the most experienced and with the most videos to back up his own claim.

What about KensaiZen? Just a bunch of hot air, claiming how good ranger is without even answering some questions people ask in the thread.

in Ranger

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

I’m getting sick and tired of posts by KensaiZen.3740, Chopps.5047, and Durzlla.6295.

You three keep making unfounded, often completely incorrect (Chopps especially) posts in the Ranger forums and make no efforts to prove any of your claims (and to many of us it’s obvious why).

I am getting tired of the misinformation garbage going on.

If you want to claim something on the Ranger is good, do like Sol does and make videos of yourself using it with great success against non-baddies.

If you don’t have the skills to do this, I’m not sure why you’re trying to expound upon how any build is good as a baddie isn’t going to get much of a different result from different builds (Thieves excluded … but that class is a dumb anomaly)

This
Read the whole thread and was like: I don’t even…
KensaiZen is the most clueless poster on this forum.
I’ve mained ranger from headstart, and consider myself pretty good, but there is no denying that classes like thiefs etc can destroy zerker builds if theyre atleast half competent.
I’m really looking forward to your videos KensaiZen, lol.

If you have been reading i do actually say zerker builds dont work against thieves funny how i am wrong for saying the same thing.

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Kensai, please take a hint. Come back with something of substance or don’t come back. You can argue all you want, but that isn’t going to make anyone less annoyed with your posts. We’re annoyed because of the lack of substance.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

So, is OP going to make some videos himself or not?

From what I see, Xsorus here is the most experienced and with the most videos to back up his own claim.

What about KensaiZen? Just a bunch of hot air, claiming how good ranger is without even answering some questions people ask in the thread.

What questions are these?

So far its a matter of presenting a video to back my claim of Rangers having one of the best effective damage in the game. This is coming.

Another one is to prove how good i am at dueling to prove my point that Ranger has one of the best effective damage in the game. In my OP i already claim thst i am not the best Ranger in the world. Dueling me would just prove my lack of skill in a duel scenario. Has nothing to do with the point if Rangers having one of the best effective damage in the game.

All this just reminds me of the time i got called out for claiming i couldnt hit higher than 3-4k with MB on a Guardian or it was impossible to facetank a champion in Orr (hope i wasnt the reason why they buffed the champions in Orr…. but then they did remove the ooze king)

Videos are coming. Just be patient

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

pops some popcorn
Don’t mind me, im here for the drama.

Oh while you’re at it, can you lower your voices? the screaming makes my head hurt.

thank you!

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Recycle.5493

So far its a matter of presenting a video to back my claim of Rangers having one of the best effective damage in the game. This is coming.

Another one is to prove how good i am at dueling to prove my point that Ranger has one of the best effective damage in the game. In my OP i already claim thst i am not the best Ranger in the world. Dueling me would just prove my lack of skill in a duel scenario. Has nothing to do with the point if Rangers having one of the best effective damage in the game.

• First

But like I said. If a noob Ranger like me can do it, whats stopping you pros?

What exactly is this “it” you’re able to do?

• Second

… now, back to my question … what is this “it” you’re saying you’re able to accomplish.

Others are, dueling request ignored, dungeon questions ignored, and still not addressing potential damage and actual damage.

For the video, please don’t forget some dungeon run footage of pets actually staying alive for the whole duration of the dungeon, because this thread isn’t just about WvW.

We need discussions with evidences, not just threads with baseless claims.

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

• First

But like I said. If a noob Ranger like me can do it, whats stopping you pros?

What exactly is this “it” you’re able to do?

• Second

… now, back to my question … what is this “it” you’re saying you’re able to accomplish.

Others are, dueling request ignored, dungeon questions ignored, and still not addressing potential damage and actual damage.

For the video, please don’t forget some dungeon run footage of pets actually staying alive for the whole duration of the dungeon, because this thread isn’t just about WvW.

We need discussions with evidences, not just threads with baseless claims.

Will do ^_-

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Oh and to answer what “it” is.

Rangers are so broken and cant be played in WvW.
Rangers are so broken their damage is the worst in the game bar engineers.
Rangers Longbow is useless and shouldnt be used.
Rangers are rubbish in dungeons because the pets die all the time.

Main issues I hear people QQ about. To the point where it makes new players not want to even make a Ranger.

This is a dying class. But it shouldnt be.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Posted by: Semil.8279

Semil.8279

So you say you can do “it”. But then your definition of “it” isn’t something that can be done. Whatever it is you say you can do needs to be an action, not claims other people make.

When answering a question, its good to make sure your response is actually addressing the question.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

sometimes, its better to address the right people, then the question itself.

- wiseguy, 2013

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

How do you define experience?

Playtime? Cause I guarantee based on what people have said on this forums, I don’t have the most experienced thing down at all.

Last I checked, I have like 700 hours on my ranger that i’ve played since release

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Recycle.5493

Rangers are so broken and cant be played in WvW.
Rangers are so broken their damage is the worst in the game bar engineers.
Rangers Longbow is useless and shouldnt be used.
Rangers are rubbish in dungeons because the pets die all the time.

Main issues I hear people QQ about. To the point where it makes new players not want to even make a Ranger.

This is a dying class. But it shouldnt be.

So this means your video will be about WvW solo killing engineers with a longbow and dungeon runs of pets never die? Great, this got me excited, if it’s even possible at all.

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

So you say you can do “it”. But then your definition of “it” isn’t something that can be done. Whatever it is you say you can do needs to be an action, not claims other people make.

When answering a question, its good to make sure your response is actually addressing the question.

“Can do it” boils down to showing that these claims are ridiculous and over played just toget the Ranger to be super buffed and OP.

The class itself is not broken. It is equipped to be very good in WvW. They are definitely not rubbish in dungeons. Pets dont die ALL the time. And last but not least, their effective damage is very high.

Rangers are good at what Rangers. Not all classes need to be the same. Do the same things. Work the same way. Do the same damage.

Doing it is making it work. If i, a noob Ranger have been able to make it work. What is all the QQ about? Nothing but being destructive to your own community.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Let’s address WvW first:

My Mesmer can:

• apply mass confusion in large AOEs
  • mass invis / veil
  • portal
  • feedback and traited temporal curtain to reflect projectiles
  • remove enemy boons via null field, arcane thievery, and/or shatters
  • copy all boons on myself to nearby allies
  • create copies that fool enemy players, block projectiles, take up AOE max 5 hits, etc.

Ranger:

• traps … but this requires 30 in skirmishing to really shine while necro staff does more
    • Necro staff places up to 4 marks (you can only have 3 traps/utilities)
    • Necro staff range is 1,200 … thrown traps are only 600
    • It’s a weapon slot … so you still have 3 utilities to choose from … there is a reason this is the most commonly used necro weapon set
  • pet … that uses bad AI and is avoided by merely strafing … even if you’re slower than the pet … but if you have a move signet or swiftness, lol.

What is the ranger bringing to the table in WvW? My Mesmer brings quite a bit of uniqueness. My ranger is lackluster.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Let’s address WvW first:

My Mesmer can:

• apply mass confusion in large AOEs
  • mass invis / veil
  • portal
  • feedback and traited temporal curtain to reflect projectiles
  • remove enemy boons via null field, arcane thievery, and/or shatters
  • copy all boons on myself to nearby allies
  • create copies that fool enemy players, block projectiles, take up AOE max 5 hits, etc.

Ranger:

• traps … but this requires 30 in skirmishing to really shine while necro staff does more
    • Necro staff places up to 4 marks (you can only have 3 traps/utilities)
    • Necro staff range is 1,200 … thrown traps are only 600
    • It’s a weapon slot … so you still have 3 utilities to choose from … there is a reason this is the most commonly used necro weapon set
  • pet … that uses bad AI and is avoided by merely strafing … even if you’re slower than the pet … but if you have a move signet or swiftness, lol.

What is the ranger bringing to the table in WvW? My Mesmer brings quite a bit of uniqueness. My ranger is lackluster.

you forgot unstoppable pet rezzing (S&R)
annoying instarezzing spirits (which is broken every now and then)
best waterfield in game
one of the best poison fields in game (pet)
the best underwater damage, mobility and survivability of all professions ingame
the fastest class to stomp a downed player
the fastest class to rez a downed player
one of the most annoying fort defenders there is (trap-ranger v/longbow)
the best anti-theft measure you got (ironically, we are one of the best anti thief classes too)

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

How do you define experience?

Playtime? Cause I guarantee based on what people have said on this forums, I don’t have the most experienced thing down at all.

Last I checked, I have like 700 hours on my ranger that i’ve played since release

time ingame doesnt automatically mean you got anything productive out of that time.
You can go AFK for hours (unless in WvW) and build up huge amounts of “ingame” time.

in Ranger

Recycle.5493

What skill are you not going to use so you can have S&R on your skill bar?

Again, you’re going to leave out our best burst skill and our best ganking/escaping skill.

best waterfield in game

Because your zergs are smart enough to do blast finishers on it?

And enemy zergs will allow your pet to charge up its breath and stand there to take the poison right?

Your other points are right though, just that a thief can sometimes fight better than ranger underwater.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

It’s far from unstoppable. Finish the player, kill the pet, interrupt the pet.

Lol?! An elite, that can be killed, versus the various utilities other classes have that can do the same? Look at Elementalist’s Glyph of Renewal.

best waterfield in game

This is true.

Buggy pet AI that makes the delay even worse … long cast and slow projectile speed. I’d prefer a Necro Chillbains (staff) or Thief Choking Gas.

the best underwater damage, mobility and survivability of all professions ingame

Survivability maybe thinks to pet licking you (though smart people will kill it). Best damage, I disagree. Mesmer is the OP king of underwater.

the fastest class to stomp a downed player

the fastest class to rez a downed player[/quote]
Ranger is not the only class with access to quickness. Pet swap is the most convenient though.

one of the most annoying fort defenders there is (trap-ranger v/longbow)

Traps and 1,200 range? Yeah, that’s Necro staff … and they can place the marks farther than 600, more of them, and still have 3 utilities.

the best anti-theft measure you got (ironically, we are one of the best anti thief classes too)

Traps? Lol. Necro Marks & Wells.

Any other “unique” things you’d like to try to bring up for Ranger in WvW?

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

What skill are you not going to use so you can have S&R on your skill bar?

Again, you’re going to leave out our best burst skill and our best ganking/escaping skill.

best waterfield in game

Because your zergs are smart enough to do blast finishers on it?

And enemy zergs will allow your pet to charge up its breath and stand there to take the poison right?

Your other points are right though, just that a thief can sometimes fight better than ranger underwater.

I always run with S&R, i dont use SoN until they fix it though… appears that all the problems with “Lick Wounds” and S&R got transfered to SoN instead.

The server i am on (Far Shiverpeaks) are largely organized, so the majority of our zergs are on teamspeak, following the commander. Thus, water fields and laid and blast finishers used.

Its more fun to send in the pet, activate the field then send a guardian/warrior in there and apply mass vulnerability or is it weakness…

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

It’s far from unstoppable. Finish the player, kill the pet, interrupt the pet.

why keep the annoying pet alive, when you can let it be dead and rez people without being intervened?

i hate my pet, rather loose 40-50% of my so-called DPS (pet is sheet anyway, so who cares) and gain a unstoppable ally in the process.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

One rez every 85 (68 traited) seconds … and it takes up a utility slot … and is slow … no thanks.

I have yet to have a finish on an opponent ruined by a Ranger using Search & Rescue.

I wasn’t aware that you could use the Search & Rescue shout when your pet was “dead”. if you actually can, I probably haven’t noticed since it has never really stopped me and my constant movement keeps “alive” pets from actually bothering me.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Talking about DPS.. I really hate it that we don’t see the damage output of our pet in the combatlog.

FTFY.

Doesn’t show overhealing and it can’t even split up or drop certain categories…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Ranger

Recycle.5493

One rez every 85 (68 traited) seconds … and it takes up a utility slot … and is slow … no thanks.

I have yet to have a finish on an opponent ruined by a Ranger using Search & Rescue.

I wasn’t aware that you could use the Search & Rescue shout when your pet was “dead”. if you actually can, I probably haven’t noticed since it has never really stopped me and my constant movement keeps “alive” pets from actually bothering me.

You can still use S&R even if the pet is dead, but its rez speed is as slow as 1/2 of a player rez. It has completely no use in a 1v1 fights, it does not help with 2vX fights because there will always be other players finishing off your downed comrade before he’s rezzed. In a XvX fight, why even bother with the skill? It’s either dead or insta-rezzed, the zerg will do the job in seconds or run away/get obliterated before they even have the chance.

With that said, I do sometimes run it in dungeons myself on rare occasions.

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Another one is to prove how good i am at dueling to prove my point that Ranger has one of the best effective damage in the game…. Dueling me would just prove my lack of skill in a duel scenario. Has nothing to do with the point if Rangers having one of the best effective damage in the game.

If you are not good at dueling I would advise you to not make a claim about rangers and dueling.

To have a good grasp of a class with regards to PvP you have to have a good grasp on PvP. Leave backing/denying a claim like that to people who are on top of the PvP Ladder or else it will just be a bunch of bickering, if that makes sense.

Select videos are only so good on a ranger since there is the pet rng factor. It brings more random than any other class into play at least if you run wolves.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

you can (devil) thats what makes it so useful… 4-5 rangers in a group, can res up half a zerg thats downed/killed.

not many days ago, i was in a group with 4 rangers and a necro. Rangers used S&R + QZ rez (QZ works only on living pets though)… zerg got wiped, then 25 seconds later, zerg was back XD (necro rez is OP )

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Sounds to me like a group of 5 necros would’ve been more effective than the group of 4 rangers + 1 necro.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

rangers are good at dueling if you spec for dueling . They just do not bring much to the team if you are not a trapper

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Another one is to prove how good i am at dueling to prove my point that Ranger has one of the best effective damage in the game…. Dueling me would just prove my lack of skill in a duel scenario. Has nothing to do with the point if Rangers having one of the best effective damage in the game.

If you are not good at dueling I would advise you to not make a claim about rangers and dueling.

To have a good grasp of a class with regards to PvP you have to have a good grasp on PvP. Leave backing/denying a claim like that to people who are on top of the PvP Ladder or else it will just be a bunch of bickering, if that makes sense.

Select videos are only so good on a ranger since there is the pet rng factor. It brings more random than any other class into play at least if you run wolves.

Im not over confident on my Ranger. There are still things I need to learn. This is being realistic. I will not claim to be the best duelist or PvPer. But when I beat people in WvW… what does that say? is it me? or is it the class? or is it the opponent?

The Ranger class is very diverse. The pet options are very diverse. It allows for very strategic gameplay.

From the vibe Im getting from some people, they are simply trying to make Rangers into a 1 trick pony like warrior. If your not doing any damage, you are no good. This is absolutely rubbish. If it were true, warriors would be the best class in the game hands down.

I’ll make my WvW video. Im not the best duelist in the world. Neither are 99% of the WvW population. So does it really matter?

Very primitive Alpha male mentality. "If your not the best at something then everything you say is false… " god help mankind.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

S&R res dead people using a dead pet. Is amazingly powerful. Imagine your unfortunate allies coming to defend your keep but died at the gate. Instead of having to use a waypoint that is miles away. They can be ressed and quickly run into the keep.

There are many applications of these utilities. Just because some don’t see it does not mean they aren’t there.

Team mates keep getting killed by lupicus? get your pet to res them whilst you are in relative safety so he doesn’t reset (if everyone else is dead)

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

“Can do it” boils down to showing that these claims are ridiculous and over played just toget the Ranger to be super buffed and OP.

The class itself is not broken. It is equipped to be very good in WvW. They are definitely not rubbish in dungeons. Pets dont die ALL the time. And last but not least, their effective damage is very high.

Rangers are good at what Rangers. Not all classes need to be the same. Do the same things. Work the same way. Do the same damage.

Doing it is making it work. If i, a noob Ranger have been able to make it work. What is all the QQ about? Nothing but being destructive to your own community.

Hey you’re the one that said Ranger dps is godly. I think most of us here do like our rangers and have found ways to make them work, but we’re not deluded enough to say that they are godly. There absolutely nothing that is godly about rangers at all.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Hey you’re the one that said Ranger dps is godly. I think most of us here do like our rangers and have found ways to make them work, but we’re not deluded enough to say that they are godly. There absolutely nothing that is godly about rangers at all.

Being able to constantly do damage (pretty decent damage at that) at a completely safe range whilst able to support your team (via pets skills and your own utilities).

That is godly. No other class can do this anywhere near as good as a Ranger.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Being able to constantly do damage (pretty decent damage at that) at a completely safe range whilst able to support your team (via pets skills and your own utilities).

Ranger is not the only class that can attack from afar.
Other classes can close that distance VERY quickly.
The pet is nullified by its target moving any direction except backwards.

This is not Godly. If the pet’s AI let it hurt moving targets reliably, then we could start talking.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Sounds to me like a group of 5 necros would’ve been more effective than the group of 4 rangers + 1 necro.

necros cant “suprise” 5 poor sods with a LB #4, sending em tumbling outside the cliffs at hills…. the fear marks just fail at that (haz necro, tried so hard, didnt work Q_Q)

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

That’s great.

Show me morons dumb enough to stand with you opposite a cliff edge from them with a your longbow and I’ll show you morons that are going to die to most any class/spec.

That fear is not hard to land to get them off the cliff.

Finally, Mesmers do cliff pulls best. Don’t even have to position to use it, just use focus and laugh.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Ranger is not the only class that can attack from afar.
Other classes can close that distance VERY quickly.
The pet is nullified by its target moving any direction except backwards.

This is not Godly. If the pet’s AI let it hurt moving targets reliably, then we could start talking.

On a Dungeon perspective. Many bosses or mobs have not got the capability to hit over 1200 range. this means you can position yourself in safety and jump bomb the designated area from afar. This also allows you to monitor the battleground/zone and act accordingly. Support with pets. Damage light mobs. Shut down heavy mobs. etc being very good at range it means you can keep DPS up even if a boss teleports. Mass fear. Knock back or stun the team that are in range of such attacks (thus reducing the DPS of those hit by the skills)

From a WvW perspective. You become a mobile siege engine. Keep and fort defence specialist. You can shoot attackers and siege machines from places the enemy cant get you. You can blanket an area to support your team. You can use utilities to buff the entire team of defenders (within range of spirits). You can solo roam very effectively. If the enemy can close the distance very fast. Get out your GS and start whacking. You are not only limited to ranged fights.

Spvp perspective. Best duelist in the game. not much can say about that.

PvE perspective. The best out right class for PvE. There is no class that can equal what a Ranger can do in PvE.

[Fissure of Woe]

(edited by KensaiZen.3740)

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Reply to Dungeon Perspective:
That’s “great”. So longbow let’s a bad player safely sit back and auto-attack. Occasionally hitting #2 when it’s off cd. This is a bit difficult to do against some bosses as well that don’t give you 1,500 range. For example, the Blizzard Fractal comes to mind.

Reply to WvW Perspective
This wreaks of “speculation”.

Having 1,500 range does not make a person mobile siege engine. You’d have to hit much harder and in an AOE. You’d also need more than 1,500 range.

By “blanketing an area” I assume you mean barrage … possibly traps. Barrage is on a fairly long cooldown and easily dodge rolled out of. Traps have a 600 range at best (i.e. traited). If you want someone to blanket an area, you grab a staff necro or elementalist.

You can “buff” the team using spirits … but only if they stay close enough to the spirits (lol) … which means the spirits are often close enough to get sneezed on (see: dead spirit) … a short duration protection, a chance to get +10% damage, or a chance to inflict a very short duration burn … these are not powerful. A chance to do +10% damage is very weak compared to a guardian simply using their staff to heal and stack might on nearby allies, warriors shouting For Great Justice, Mesmers sharing boons with Signet of Inspiration, etc.

Best dueling in sPvP? Lol. Take a look at elementalist kiddo.

Best from a PvE perspective? Lmao. This belongs to guardians hands down. There is a reason you see on gw2lfg.com “Group LFM … Guardian please” and “Group LFM … no Rangers”. You never see the inverse. People don’t ever complain that there are too many Guardians (or Warriors). People complain that there are too many Rangers if there are 1+ or 2+.

Go do high level fractals and then come back and try to make this silly claim … or simply stop posting your bogus information.

I’m all for loving the Ranger. I like the class. However, it is severely lacking at the moment. This is well known. Listen to ArenaNet’s interviews. Look at ArenaNet’s posts. Listen to the various podcasts as they interview the top sPvP players. It’s pretty darn conclusive.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

PvE perspective. The best out right class for PvE. There is no class that can equal what a Ranger can do in PvE.

There’s no way you actually believe this, right?

No one can be this delusional.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

He’s one of the three biggest sources of Ranger misinformation on the forums right now, Neb. The community is just going to have to learn to ignore him until he either goes away or changes his ways.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

sebrent, stop being hypocritical.

in Ranger

Posted by: Semil.8279

Semil.8279

No class can equal what a Ranger can do in PvE, but several can surpass it.

in Ranger

Neb.4170

He’s one of the three biggest sources of Ranger misinformation on the forums right now, Neb. The community is just going to have to learn to ignore him until he either goes away or changes his ways.

Yeah… but that’s just so out there. I can see thinking the ranger to be good in wvw, spvp, it has it’s moments.

But PvE on a ranger is about as fun and effective as jamming a fork in a light socket.

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

PvE, open world. Not a dungeon environment. get it?

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

kidbs.8920

What kool-aid are you drinking? Eles attack from range and bring a hell of a lot more support. Guardians can do the same and they bring more to a group. Your pets are dead most of the time so they aren’t bringing much to others from their abilities.

Really the biggest thing that Rangers bring is a water field which means you usually have to get up closer to drop it near your melee players. Trap rangers can bring some additional combo fields but it doesn’t sound like you play one of those. So what else are you bringing? Certainly it’s not high dps b/c rangers bring only moderate dps.

Rangers aren’t bringing anything that others can’t bring as well so don’t play that silly card. Rangers are fine. They are not however godly.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in Ranger

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Prysin, KensaiZen, Chopps, Druzlla

I only have 1,127 hours on the Ranger with over 13k kills, all of those hours in WvW, and the largest majority of those running solo, or in a duo.

It is very important in this game when talking about classes, builds, and such to list the form of play you are refering to, because all three are different. WvW is not sPvP/tPvP, and both are not even remotely close to PvE. Anyone can sit ikittenerg naked, and get badges, so please drop the; “This works ikittenerg”. I talk WvW only.

Is the Ranger broken? No. Is the Ranger subpar to the other five classes I play? Yes, especially in small group on group play. The best group composition in WvW would be 2 Elementalist, 2 Confusion Mesmers, and 1 Epidemic Necromancer to spread that huge stack of Confusions to others. You’re talking about 5 people immediately taking 9k-15k damage per action they take. It melts opposing groups.

At 1200, and 1500 range you can literally out run the Longbows arrows still without Swiftness. If you have Swiftness, you can out run the arrows down to 1000 range. Therefore against a good player, the effective range of the Longbow is 900. The shortbow is slightly faster, and is effective up to 1100 range.

Ahh forget it, you guys died to a Ranger, probably in sPvP, therefore you think they’re fine, or potentially overpowered.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in Ranger

kidbs.8920

Who gives a crap about open world? You actually consider killing normal mobs in the open world as a threat? Dungeons, WvW, and sPvP are the only things that really matter in this game.

in Ranger

Neb.4170

Oh… well then. Good to know the Ranger is the master at open world pve. Where everything can be killed by auto attacking…

Even then I’d say necros and guardians are better at open world pve. Probably more classes too if I thought about it.

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Wow man, you seriously claim to be a Ranger pro?

“That’s “great”. So longbow let’s a bad player safely sit back and auto-attack. Occasionally hitting #2 when it’s off cd. This is a bit difficult to do against some bosses as well that don’t give you 1,500 range. For example, the Blizzard Fractal comes to mind."

This does not mean every single situation, as nothing on any class will work in every single situation. Sorry but your just being an idiot now

“Having 1,500 range does not make a person mobile siege engine. You’d have to hit much harder and in an AOE. You’d also need more than 1,500 range.”

If you were going to take this in a literal manner you should have added in the ability to transform into inanimate objects too. What other class can do AoE at 1500 range?

“You can “buff” the team using spirits … but only if they stay close enough to the spirits (lol) … which means the spirits are often close enough to get sneezed on (see: dead spirit) … a short duration protection, a chance to get +10% damage, or a chance to inflict a very short duration burn … these are not powerful. A chance to do +10% damage is very weak compared to a guardian simply using their staff to heal and stack might on nearby allies, warriors shouting For Great Justice, Mesmers sharing boons with Signet of Inspiration, etc."

You’ve never actually used spirits in WvW before have you? if you place a spirit behind a wall on siege defence or at the back of your team in a zerg, how will it die?. Guardians will have to stop and use empower to buff thier allies where as a Ranger simply puts down a spirit and continues doing whatever he was doing FOR ANOTHER MINUTE. Fire and forget kind of skill. Also, Im not sure if there is a max cap on how many people can get the spirit buffs. Can someone confirm this?. Empower is capped at 5 and requires the Guardian to be on the wall being rather ineffective to give that might to his allies.

“By “blanketing an area” I assume you mean barrage … possibly traps. Barrage is on a fairly long cooldown and easily dodge rolled out of. Traps have a 600 range at best (i.e. traited). If you want someone to blanket an area, you grab a staff necro or elementalist."

It is not only limited to barrage. Rapid fire is also very good for doing this. You dont need a target to actually shoot people in GW2. This is one of the best things about the LB.

“Best dueling in sPvP? Lol. Take a look at elementalist kiddo.”

Don’t take my word for it. It is the general view of the GW2 community. If you think otherwise. Good for you.

“Best from a PvE perspective? Lmao. This belongs to guardians hands down. There is a reason you see on gw2lfg.com “Group LFM … Guardian please” and “Group LFM … no Rangers”. You never see the inverse. People don’t ever complain that there are too many Guardians (or Warriors). People complain that there are too many Rangers if there are 1+ or 2+."

You clearly are describing dungeon running and fractals instances. Is this all you limit your mind to think that PvE is? The Ranger is the most superior class in open world PvE. No class can match what it can do. Am I wrong? I don’t think so. This is an area where poor pet AI does not become a negative. This is the area that the Rangers are at its strongest.

Seriously, I am beginning to doubt your knowledge just on the fact that you are trying to prove my every point wrong based on your silly assumptions. Limited, far too limited.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

The Ranger is the most superior class in open world PvE. No class can match what it can do. Am I wrong? I don’t think so. This is an area where poor pet AI does not become a negative. This is the area that the Rangers are at its strongest.

You mean all those non-veteran, non-champion mobs that can be killed in any gear, including greens, and blues?

Wow, just wow. No, my Warrior can clear big groups of these at a time, without ever breaking a sweat, and would kill them three times as fast as any Ranger.

I’m not beginning to, I doubted your knowledge of the game the first post I read from you.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Hang on a minute… so let me get this right. You don’t think the Ranger performs very well because it lacks in the area that YOU play in.

I think Im starting to understand whats wrong with this community

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Now here is the thing that has been bugging me. People who test damage on dummies and calculate the DPS output of the class and compare it against another class. This is not actually accurate and the result will not actually show you the DPS of te class in a “Live” situation

One thing you have to consider is that warriors or thieves are melee classes. This means that they will spend quite a bit of their time dodging and rolling and moving weaving their way in and out of AoE’s. This reduces the amount of actual DPS. The tests people do are mainly against unmoving targets that do not hit back. It is possible to get extremely high numbers if you stand and attack something for 30 seconds however, it is a very rare occassion where you will be able to do such thing in the actual game itself.

The Ranger is equipped with very good ranged weapons. This allows them to maintain max and still keep the damage flowing. Using a LB with extended range, the ranger is completely clear from the combat area. The damage that is done from rangers is a constant that does not stop. Both bows allow for good consistent damage at any range.

I’ve been running dungeons constantly with the Ranger and have found this class to be amazingly versatile and by simply switching utilities for the right encounter (am I going to be a turret or do I need to kite) The speed does not decrease.

Even in WvW I don’t know why people QQ about the Ranger. Even against thieves we have utilities that allow us to have the advantage (protect me and SoS means thier bursts do no damage to you) The only down side I see is people speccing as a glass cannon then moan when they die so easily.

For those who do not believe, I will do a video soon. I am relatively new to the Ranger class and Im not that great a player either, but if someone like me can do it…. anyoe can. It’s not all about damage.

…. Why are they “melee” classes? This is the most ignorant thing I’ve heard in a while. Melee is always better damage than range damage. Always. There’s a reason why speed runs stack on melee builds.

In a situation where you’re absolutely forced to range warriors have a rifle and thieves shortbow or pistol/pistol.