in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

kthxbai.

Druid Healer Confirmed - Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Because Stonehenge has nothing to do with observing celestial bodies…
No, wait. It does.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Anet does it yet again, releases yet another pile of garbage specialization that can only be described as stupidly random. Honestly, whoever is designing all these needs to be fired.

Basically everyone else disagrees with you there.

How on earth does anything this specialization can do connect to our current ranger?

This is the DRUID not the Ranger. The two are different professions.

It does ABSOLUTELY nothing for our pet…OUR MAIN PROFESSION MECHANIC,

This is the DRUID not the Ranger. The pet is NOT the profession mechanic of the Druid.

we turn into some freaking stupid shadow transformation, we’re given a bunch of utility skills that pretty much do nothing but turn us into some terribad elementalist, we’re given staff a weapon that does nothing but heal which has always been absolutely worthless in the game and nothing is going to change that. And on top of it, what the hell are with these HORRIBLE animations….uhg honestly, could you made a more horrible specilization? Guess we’ll see in the next expansion…

I was disappointed with pretty much every specialization you’ve release, yet I only really play ranger, and after today…yet another disappointment.
Been a major fan since Guild Wars 1, but ever since these expansion reveals, you’ve done nothing but disappoint.

I’ve completely lost faith in you guy.

Again, basically everyone else disagrees with you.

(edited by Bryzy.2719)

in Ranger

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

The salt is real. Also paragraphs are a thing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I think the opposite direction. Druid is one of the best designed elite specs this far. Especially the animations you are complaining about. A healing blossom, I totally love it. They couldn’t have made it any better.

in Ranger

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Because Stonehenge has nothing to do with observing celestial bodies…
No, wait. It does.

^^

in Ranger

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

I’m not a FAN of this specialization either, but I don’t main ranger, so I don’t really mind a new playstyle all that much. Maybe it’s time for you to move on from ranger? My friend who has been maining ranger since launch is planning to switch to thief, which I’ve been playing since launch. You do have a valid point about healing not being related to ranger, but some people do really like the new playstyle.

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

in Ranger

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

I was looking forward to the druid, and now find that it is just a healer. Sounds absolutely useless for someone who solos.

in Ranger

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

The knee jerk QQ in this thread is just glorious.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eric.7813

Eric.7813

The Druid is Amazing. I really like it. Every bit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

This is more meant to be a place to collate that feedback into something constructive, though.

Thanks for not being a clown and just immediately posting when I had the title “Please don’t post here yet” Luckily I got the reserved posts in a few seconds before you did.

The other thread has 500+ posts. Why do you think you’re the special snowflake that doesn’t get merged into it? You’re welcome.

note: “I don’t like that thread” is not a valid reason to make a dupe. They merge everything into superthreads for a reason.

Because we need one single thread with all the important feedback at the top. So that Irenio and the other devs can see it all easily and not have to search through 2000 posts to find anything useful (read: not find anything useful).

I made this thread specifically because the mods merged Tragic Positive’s feedback thread, so he could not maintain it into anything constructive.

Please do not merge it, mods.

*EDIT: I actually don’t mind if this thread is merged with the others, as long as either myself or Tragic Positive (I’m assuming he is willing to maintain it) are the OP so we can collate the feedback into some form of structure that is useful to the devs. Super merged threads with no maintenance or structure are pointless.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I don’t know how anyone can really complain about it. If anything it seems a bit op to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

This is more meant to be a place to collate that feedback into something constructive, though.

Thanks for not being a clown and just immediately posting when I had the title “Please don’t post here yet” Luckily I got the reserved posts in a few seconds before you did.

The other thread has 500+ posts. Why do you think you’re the special snowflake that doesn’t get merged into it? You’re welcome.

note: “I don’t like that thread” is not a valid reason to make a dupe. They merge everything into superthreads for a reason.

Because “superthreads” have no structure.

We want all our feedback to be delivered to the Devs as efficiently as possible. That will not happen if threads like this keeping getting merge-dumped into the abyss of the superthreads.

in Ranger

Random.4691

Anet does it yet again, releases yet another pile of garbage specialization that can only be described as stupidly random. Honestly, whoever is designing all these needs to be fired.

Basically everyone else disagrees with you there.

How on earth does anything this specialization can do connect to our current ranger?

This is the DRUID not the Ranger. The two are different professions.

It does ABSOLUTELY nothing for our pet…OUR MAIN PROFESSION MECHANIC,

This is the DRUID not the Ranger. The pet is NOT the profession mechanic of the Druid.

we turn into some freaking stupid shadow transformation, we’re given a bunch of utility skills that pretty much do nothing but turn us into some terribad elementalist, we’re given staff a weapon that does nothing but heal which has always been absolutely worthless in the game and nothing is going to change that. And on top of it, what the hell are with these HORRIBLE animations….uhg honestly, could you made a more horrible specilization? Guess we’ll see in the next expansion…

I was disappointed with pretty much every specialization you’ve release, yet I only really play ranger, and after today…yet another disappointment.
Been a major fan since Guild Wars 1, but ever since these expansion reveals, you’ve done nothing but disappoint.

I’ve completely lost faith in you guy.

Again, basically everyone else disagrees with you.

Basically you should speak for yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I hope you’re willing to invest in zealot’s gear, or apothecary’s for condition damage variants.

I’ve been piecing together a set of Keepers since it became available. Great set of stats and getting better in light of the Druid commentary.

You’ve probably already realised it yourself, but, because of how much of a cost it is, I’ll mention it anyway just in case you haven’t.

You can now save the cost of the currently 50-300 gold per piece recipes by making a different set of ascended gear and then stat swapping it to zealot’s.

in Ranger

Eric.7813

Particularly if you want to go dps in pve.

LOL, and there we have the truth, some people are QQing basically because they want to DPS in PvE which Druid is not going to help, so it doesn’t fit your personal playstyle in your specific bit of the game so it is “kitten”.

I picked ranger because it is a class in most MMO, tend to be the highest damage range class of the game.

Turns out it’s utterly false in this game. Didn’t notice we’re monk to begin with zzz..
If I want to be monk, I wouldn’t pick ranger to begin with…

Do you really want to be “ranger”, or do you just want to be in the Meta?
If you want to be in Meta, just reroll an Ele/ Warrior/ Guardian and you can easily do so.

For me, I play ranger because I WANT to be a ranger…
Note that I have all classes fully geared lv80. I can be in any Meta if I choose to.
However, if I want to play ranger, I want to be a ranger, not a monk…

Ummmm you can be a ranger… This is a druid Specialization… not a new ranger class.
google the definition of a Druid… its a Priest, similar to a monk from a different culture, the Celtics

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Excellent utilities as to more and more and MORE healing and nothing else?

It got one cleanse, 1 projectile absorption, great, but there’s very limited offensive buffs or boons.. There’s not even that many defensive buffs or boons either..

Just healing, and occasionally some cleanse…

in Ranger

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Yea the Druid was nothing I had hoped for, but its not bad. Rangers still not gonna be picked up for dungeon/fractals, but I think we’ll see it used more often in WvW and PvP and maybe Raids depending how its designed

I have never EVER not been booted from a dungeon or fractal for being a ranger. I think this urban myth should just die already

in Ranger

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

This thread should be closed as it serves no purpose from the other thread.

The Devs JUST released the elite specs and will not be making any changes to the Druid elite until at least one round of actual player testing is done. Until then, all points brought up here are speculation and theory and will be taken with a grain of salt.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

in Ranger

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

This is a MESS!! just in my opinion, basically all other elite specs are dps and then made ranger a full healer type which bothers me ALLOT!. ANET wants the ranger players to focus on healing when we chose this class solely because of its dps strength! so many class that are outclassing Rangers now and a/t and s/d are now boring. tried longbow condi just for fun and now the class that I like because its play style and dps are flushed down the toilet. I was hoping for an elite spec that can benefit on both support with a good assist on boosting dps or at least an offensive trait that can help utilize its strength even just 1. I can’t believe I am saying this but I guess I am done expecting good things from GW2 and time to stop playing again. I am not leaving just because they did not deliver what I want, I am stopping with GW2 because none of the elite made any changes beside to make most players look like an idiot to suddenly change their favorite class just because of the elite crap they made that is out of our style. thanks ANET for making me realize that this game is a waste of time.. who ever worked on druid should have never been hired, necros are gonna rule the game.

in Ranger

Posted by: DirtDowney.5187

DirtDowney.5187

Personally, I think that Druid will have really good synergy with current condition builds. Look forward to trying out a Druid Condition build in the next Beta Weekend

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

The other thread has had threads about WHEN the druid would be released merged with threads about actual feedback. Most of the first half of it is incredibly frustrating to read because it isn’t relevant to the druid at all as is mostly content from before the druid was revealed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Real druids were not reknowned as healers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

don’t play it then? I don’t see problem with that

in Ranger

lxghostxl.5097

You guys are never happy with anything dont cha?… Man what would i give to have that much effort put into my spec…that comes from the same dev.

people wont be happy when their favorite class and play style as dps was changed to a full time healer. you should understand that not anyone will just accept garbage like this because majority of the people who chose this class is not to heal but to kick butts and feel like they are baddazz, now its a healer lol! what a joke!

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I dig the space theme.

I’ll have to argue against changing Staff Solar Beam.
From years of playing Medics in FPS games which feature most healing in the form of a beam streaming from you to your tank, lemme tell ya’, “thin and unimpressive” is a blessing in disguise. Against human opponents, these sort of things end up being arrows broadcasting right where the healer is in any given pack of people.
Subtlety is your friend, here.

Though I’ve gotta’ agree with the Seed of Life.
My first thought on seeing was that it would poison enemies, not clear conditions from allies. I guess the struggle with something more elegant like a flower is that you don’t necessarily equate it with a timed effect, in the same way a bulbous gas filled pustule growing bigger sort of immediately calls ‘explosion’ to mind. Maybe they could get the same effect via super enunciated blooming?

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Posted by: neurosis.6350

neurosis.6350

You’re totally right, man!
ArenaNET just broke my heart with Druids. I’ve yelled “Nooooooo” through all Twitch druid presentation.
First of all, they broke my favorite part of this game – no tanks\healers
Second, I waited for this elite spec from the very beginning. I was so hyped when I saw it in the trailer. I thought that it will be a cool dps spec with staff… you know you pewpew with thorns, call for razor-leaf AoE tornado, roots, etc. I waited for spirit skills re-done (so the spirits would be like here: huge’n’awesome http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/9/9e/Sylvari_09_concept_art_%28The_Druid%29.jpg)
Third, I’m OK with healing\support but for the f@cks sake, why can’t we do some dps in dang Celestial form? That spell is worthless if you play alone then. (I play alone most of the time)
Fourth, I didn’t wait for solar\lunar magic for ranger.
They just created another World-Of-Warcraft-like druid. I’d say just exact copy. Boomkin form + Tree spells + some boomkin visuals = Druid in GW2. I don’t wanna play another WoW. This is not why I quit WoW.
Thanks god, that there’s no Eclipses…

I’m realy dissapointed, I don’t like the spec I’ve waited most of all

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorn Dissapoint of the Year Edition

P.S. at least, mages got even worse spec. I must agree that they’re totally not Tempest-like (I hate RIFT but Tempest is great there).

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

In one of the reserved slots could you add some faq to clarify some druid mechanics? For example, I am curious about the functionality of Quickdraw with Celestial Avatar skills both in entering and leaving the form. Also can we generate Astral Force while in Celestial Avatar like you can generate life force in DS? Maybe Irenio could clarify some of that stuff pretty quickly if he sees it.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

It got one cleanse, 1 projectile absorption, great, but there’s very limited offensive buffs or boons.. There’s not even that many defensive buffs or boons either..

I do agree, druid is mainly healing focussed but it does have applications to other builds.

With regards to condi cleanse, druids have quite a bit.

1. In Celestial Avatar form, they can pretty much spam seed of life (1s cd) only and removes 2 conditions.

2. Again in Celestial Avatar form, glyph of alignment removes condi’s.

3. There’s a major trait in druid line that plant’s seed of life every time glyph is used. If you go druid you are likely to take a few of these so there’s a few more condi cleanses out of druid form.

4. GM trait that reduces condi duration by 33%

Combined with any other condi cleanses you may take e.g from sigil, signet etc Druid will have more than enough to deal with conditions.

in Ranger

Posted by: neurosis.6350

neurosis.6350

You guys are never happy with anything dont cha?… Man what would i give to have that much effort put into my spec…that comes from the same dev.

people wont be happy when their favorite class and play style as dps was changed to a full time healer. you should understand that not anyone will just accept garbage like this because majority of the people who chose this class is not to heal but to kick butts and feel like they are baddazz, now its a healer lol! what a joke!

Double this

This is a MESS!! just in my opinion, basically all other elite specs are dps and then made ranger a full healer type which bothers me ALLOT!. ANET wants the ranger players to focus on healing when we chose this class solely because of its dps strength! so many class that are outclassing Rangers now and a/t and s/d are now boring. tried longbow condi just for fun and now the class that I like because its play style and dps are flushed down the toilet. I was hoping for an elite spec that can benefit on both support with a good assist on boosting dps or at least an offensive trait that can help utilize its strength even just 1. I can’t believe I am saying this but I guess I am done expecting good things from GW2 and time to stop playing again. I am not leaving just because they did not deliver what I want, I am stopping with GW2 because none of the elite made any changes beside to make most players look like an idiot to suddenly change their favorite class just because of the elite crap they made that is out of our style. thanks ANET for making me realize that this game is a waste of time.. who ever worked on druid should have never been hired, necros are gonna rule the game.

and this!

in Ranger

lxghostxl.5097

ArenaNet have never been anti-trinity. They have been anti-forced holy trinity, which is rather different.

Healers have been in the game since release. They have simply made them better latety.

We know that you love the holy trinity and want ArenaNet to put it into the game, but this is not a step towards that. It is simply them going forward with what they have been doing since release.

I dont know about you but when GW2 first came out, it had a promise of a game play that does not require a healer and that GW2 can offer you that special play style of dps that can survive on its on. that is what I loved about GW2 and now after a couple of years they backed down on that and made a complete fool of MMO players like me that fell in love with the game’s uniqueness of being able to play without a healer. there are only a few people who loves to be a healer and I can promise you that majority of use who picked rangers never dreamed of becoming the healer class type that we hated the most.

in Ranger

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I despise the trinity, its has less strategy and depth than a game of tic-tac-toe. That being said, I’m perfectly okay with the druid being a healer, just because healing and tanking are options does not mean they will be required in all content, in fact I doubt even any really since ANet hates rigid group restrictions that stop you from getting to content. I don’t know if I’ll play it, but I’ll at least try it whenever I pick up the expansion, if its fun I will if it isn’t I won’t, and just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean it should be removed or that its a failure. Specializations are a content pipeline, meaning these are the first to come, if you don’t like this one you’ll undoubtedly like something coming after it.

That said, I’m not happy with the druid… what on earth were they trying to do here? This… thing, is a convoluted mess, completely thematically nonsensical.

A druid is a space wizard, with an animal pet? Oh and a few random nonsensical nature skills thrown in and a LAAAAAAAAAASER from out of kittening nowhere!? And then more spells that really don’t have anything to do with nature or space yet proc off which one you are currently attuned to…? Cheezus and crackers that’s even complicated to say let alone explain, design, and I can’t imagine how it will be to play.

How far off the reservation did the designer wander while working on this? Is it no ones job at ANet to supervise these guys and make sure what they aren’t designing the specializations to come out looking like a pink floyd CD cover? This specialization’s theme is one of the biggest cases of complexity addiction I’ve ever seen, its just plain ridiculous.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

Druid’s are party healers. Now this just means druid in your party will mean bad players trying to run zerker/dps will die less often. So dungeons will either go 1 Druid 4 zerkers, or people just won’t want to put up with the loss of dps and will say NO DRUIDS.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

(edited by Chuck.8196)

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I have no interest in being a healer which basically leaves me no real trait variety in the druid line. Just the condi cleanse trait, the movement trait, and the stun one. And these have more of a utility/condi focus. Would have been nice to see a heal/power/condi type approach to the traits.

Staff I only have a couple issues with on a theory level and can’t say much more without playing it. But I’d like to see #3 also deal damage. Either power oriented damage or perhaps drop a burn. I’d also like #4 to apply a bleed. Many of the other ‘vine’ attacks the Ranger has cause bleed so it seems fitting for this attack to also bleed the opponent.

Astral is the same way. I would like it to deal damage even if it is slight. A short duration burn on #1 or small power damage. #2 exploding with a poison field. Just as possible examples.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mavander.3208

Mavander.3208

The question I have for Irenio is: What if I want to be a dps druid?

in Ranger

Eric.7813

I do agree, druid is mainly healing focussed but it does have applications to other builds.

With regards to condi cleanse, druids have quite a bit.

1. In Celestial Avatar form, they can pretty much spam seed of life (1s cd) only and removes 2 conditions.

2. Again in Celestial Avatar form, glyph of alignment removes condi’s.

3. There’s a major trait in druid line that plant’s seed of life every time glyph is used. If you go druid you are likely to take a few of these so there’s a few more condi cleanses out of druid form.

4. GM trait that reduces condi duration by 33%

Combined with any other condi cleanses you may take e.g from sigil, signet etc Druid will have more than enough to deal with conditions.

This is exactly what rangers need as a support role. The amount of conditions people use… and how powerful they are when stacked….. I really like the druid. And besides.. the Druid is a celtic version of a monk…so yeah… let it heal heal heal.
all the other support roles do not provide any healing that is noticeable in combat.
good direction for Druid. very unique too.

in Ranger

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

I think the opposite direction. Druid is one of the best designed elite specs this far. Especially the animations you are complaining about. A healing blossom, I totally love it. They couldn’t have made it any better.

I totally agree. I love healing spring it’s gotta be my favorite ranger skill and the seeds blossoming are a wonderful addition.

in Ranger

Random.4691

Real druids were not reknowned as healers.

They also weren’t tree people, or tiny rat people, or cay people, they also didn’t come from the magical lang of tyria, they didn’t turn into faries, they didn’t shoot beams of light from a staff ….

Monks weren’t renowned as healers either
Warriors weren’t renowned as people who cleansed harmful conditions
Mesmers weren’t even a thing

I seriously hope you can grasp the sillyness of your comment.

in Ranger

Eric.7813

I was looking forward to the druid, and now find that it is just a healer. Sounds absolutely useless for someone who solos.

sounds like a great support role that actually might work. there are no current support roles that actually provide any noticeable healing. when coni damage can eat through 20,000 health in mere seconds…. every support role out there is washed out.

in Ranger

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

and group super speed….and group stealth…and a party-wide 10% dmg boost (38% uptime, if traited)….and group-wide 33% condi dmg reduction.

also, a ton of daze/immobs/cc’s…..will be a beast breaking defiance bars

its not great in terms of boon sharing or might stacking, but that’s what herald/ ele will bring.

can’t say how useful druid support will be beyond healing, but it certainly as more group support than just heals and condi cleanse

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

celestial form can be traited to cleanse all condis. then you can cleanse a bunch more with Seed of Life. you definitely wont need Wilderness Knowledge + survival utilities any longer. even SoR we should be able to drop.

this means we can play around with Quickdraw and Remorseless a little more. MoC will be pretty intense.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Someone earlier said that this spec was right on target with what real druids were…. I disagree. .. Druids were not reknowned healers… They had holistic medicine but that is quite different with what we see in this game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Laureh.2097

Laureh.2097

RIP Ranger Main. I play a ranger because I like range DPS. Why didn’t you make ele the healer. People who want to heal play ele. And what about pets? Forgot about them again I see….. Kinda sorry I bought the expac at this point.

in Ranger

Eric.7813

stabbed in the back by anet and making a dps profession into a healer… no more hope for gw2 not to mention why give out staff twice that just lazy…

Ranger has great dps coupled with the pet… the last thing I want is more dps… thats a waste of an elite specialization. and remember.. there are future specializations to come.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

I run double GS with valk, remorseless+quickdraw. GS Staff is going to be brutal, quickdraw on staff <3

And kittening dragons!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

So they’re not going to be a bunch of tree hugging hippies?

I might actually try one out.

in Ranger

lxghostxl.5097

Just curious, long time ago when GW2 came out it had the promise of being able to play any game without having a healer. I loved GW2 just because of that. the challenge of trying to stay alive while running a dps build and having that good feeling of playing because although everyone are dps build they made it through just with their own wits and good timing on when to use a heal and other skills. now the game seems like it became a joke that people who chose a class because it suits their dps play style suddenly changed to a healer, tank ect. this druid skill made me realized how ANET did not care about their promise and player’s play style and just decided to mess with us with a twist that does not make our gaming experience the best experience in MMO world. what do you guys think? are you all ok with getting back to the same cycle as other MMO out there with the requirements of a healer? because to me this just sad and very bad move from ANET. If I wanted to play an MMO that has healers I would have moved to WOW or other new games out there. I was hoping that these new elite class are gonna provide buffs while staying on track with their main play style because buffs that you can get from another player is more better than having or forcing a dps type to become a healer, the guy who does not have a skill and only focus on healing his teammates following their needs while looking like an idiot in the battle field like a clown?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

The question I have for Irenio is: What if I want to be a dps druid?

all offensive ranger builds are getting huge buffs with the druid. take 0/0/6/6/6 for example. drop BM, keep marauder stats, LB/GS. everything is the same, except you have more sustain, stealth, and utility. hell, you can even drop Wilderness Survival as we don’t really need WK any longer. get Remorseless, Quickdraw or BW instead.

take a tanky Remorseless build with druid and any other line. take the condi bunker build, and instead of BM use with druid. there are just way too many offensive possibility.

hey I thought of another one. how about traps? staff gives us a ton of survivability, celestial form gives us condi cleanses. go full condi with 3 traps, staff, and glyph of unity.

in summary, druid enhances just about every ranger build. it gives us more sustain, survivability and utility, which is what we’ve been missing. Irenio (and other involved devs) did a fantastic job with this one.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

With my eye on the raids and keeping in mind Anet has told us healers will be required now I decided to make a (viable) healer build.

With viable I mean, incredible healing power combined with high sustain and an insane duration of your boons.

After 2x heal + 2x warhorn you already have 40sec regeneration, 34sec might, 24sec fury (party wide).

Combined with the new staff abilities and traits this build is a very strong heal build, if not one of the best !! i.m.o. !! (feel free to judge).

All I cared about in this build was the incredible healing power and boon duration, heal effectiveness towards allies which is insane, then again, keeping in mind the new form will also use your rune set stats etc.

Link to build and current setup:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJBMhNSpCtqYFL4wCctQYWo8q+q/3PAqzvti3eA-TJRDwAgLDQ5EAEd/BAPAAA

Feel free to help me out on an even stronger setup!

-Sâmbuca

-Sâmbuca

in Ranger

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

The cycles of the moon and stars is a common theme in druidic or other natural systems of magic. Lunar/celestial effects show up all the time. C’mon, man. Chillax. Could be worse – they could’ve been shapeshifters. That would’ve been a real disaster.

What I will type bellow has nothing to do with the gw lore or anything, but what driidis is ( that druid comes from).

1) has nothing to do with the moon
2) its celestial yes from the stars
3) does not use magic at all. Its all about celestial/soul/spirit energy.

do not confuse or merge witches/wizzards/moons and dragons…with driidis. (druids). Magick drains power from something else, by doing sacrifices, offerings, invoke the power of something else… Druids, the power flows from within them. Its not magick. Take for example elementalists, they do magick… “i call the power of ocean, balthazar, etc” It keeps that tradition.

As for the healing thing… ok I may not having a problem, but what about picking up 2 paths, 1 dps spec and 1 healing spec. Rangers was kicked out by most of the groups, now rangers will be most wanted, but also will get a heavy burden… is it fair? Maybe the heaviest of all, because many can tank and dps… but only 1 can heal.

This statement make little to no sense. You are applying lore from reality to lore to the video game.

This druid has does lunar stuff all the time, so yes, is associated with the moon. The sun is almost entirely aspect in any of the skills. There are no skills that burn, but there are skills that affect the tides?

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.