J Sharp new info: sick em reveal stealth

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

If you’re running a power build on a ranger, you’re already gimping yourself. It’s sad but true. Adding reveal to sic em won’t help out much.

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

If you’re running a power build on a ranger, you’re already gimping yourself. It’s sad but true. Adding reveal to sic em won’t help out much.

The reveal isn’t just for us. It’s also for us to make the thief easier to hit/kill by our party.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I find this new addition as ludicrous and worthless.

Any thief will agree to this as well.

Seriously,

Sic-em stealth reveal is only good with zerg and with large grous, other than that, its nonthingless and wasteful..

Ask urself, once a thief is revealed, will the thief stand there and surrender and bow to our suicdal pet or kill it within millaseconds than restealth in killing u?

(Also remember, thief class mechanics revovles around stealth; in other word, they can spam multiple stealths after each other= Perma-stealths).

Let me quickly answer that,

the thief would quickly chose to kill our suicidal pet than restealth in killing you.

Remember,

our pets have cooldown, inclduing sic-em. and also our suicidal pets are already dead in the battlefield.

so by the time they’re up, you are Dead.

In other word,

this whole stealth reveal is a terrible bad joke.

I compare Sic-em to the Stealth Trap= Failure unless with Zerg or large groups.

But again, same as Stealth Traps, how succesful it is in dealing with stealths?

Not at all

Not by a longshot.

And same will be for our “sic-em stealth reveal”

Just another Failed mechanic that quickly will be aimed and forgotten in the trashcan

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

*sigh*

I think the addition of skills to force-apply revealed is a good thing that adds counter-play. It’s kind of irking that we’ll be getting a useful mechanic that is being discounted out of hand before people even get a chance to see how it will affect the game.

It’s sad, really.

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

All I do is roam wvw with a 2-3 man team. If there’s a thief in the fight there’s only 2 different ways they cause problems.

1. They’re full zerker which is a game changer. We bust them down once they come out of stealth. 90% of the time that’s that. (if they havn’t busrted one of us to death)

2. They stealth a person we just downed.

The only way I see this being helpful is for the 2nd problem with thieves in small scale fights. I would save Sic em for a downed person so that a thief couldn’t stealth revive them. However, that’s a waste of skill slot imo

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Ressurection / stomp prevention are key abilities in small fights.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

Ressurection / stomp prevention are key abilities in small fights.

I agree 100%, that’s why I run spirit of nature. However, having an ability, only to be used on a downed person when there’s a thief in the picture, isn’t very effective.

Oh by the way, I like that they are adding this. Just don’t see myself using it. I will for sure give it a shot and see how it plays.

Edit: oh and we’re assuming that this will work on downed players.

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I just want to point out some things to some people that obviously know nothing about thieves and stealth.

• Revealed means thieves can’t go in stealth (duh) but think of how this impacts their skills. No Shadow Refuge, no CnD + Backstab combo, no shortbow immbilize, no leap finisher or blast finisher in smoke fields, no Hide in Shadows (Well it will still heal and cleanse, but many thieves use this as an “Oh kitten” button, no blinding powder.
  • Traits such as Last Refuge, Shadow’s Embrace, Infusion of Shadow, Cloaked in Shadow, Hidden Thief, Patience, Shadow’s Rejuvenation, Descent of Shadows, Fleet Shadow, Merciful Ambush, and Instinctual Response are all heavily affected or completely nullified for the duration.

Some of these traits are core to how some more common thief builds function (d/p thieves will be heavily impacted by this). Does this mean a thief can’t just simple run and reset? No, but if they run, what’s stopping you from doing the same? My advice before even knowing anything about how it functions is simply to not cast it in the beginning of the fight. Wear the thief down a bit first and when you see them blow some long cd (shadow refuge, shadowstep, etc) then pop it once they commit to an attack. You will be surprised at how quickly they will lose mobility, condition cleansing, and escape potential once they can’t stealth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

I just want to point out some things to some people that obviously know nothing about thieves and stealth.

Uh, sure. Go ahead.

<list of skills and traits involving stealth.>

Some of these traits are core to how some more common thief builds function (d/p thieves will be heavily impacted by this).

We know. Everyone who isn’t a d/p thief hates fighting them because of their incredibly frustrating mechanics. Whether or not they’re actually overpowered is a matter of debate, but there’s really no debating that they’re annoying. Introducing some counterplay to them is a good idea.

Does this mean a thief can’t just simple run and reset? No, but if they run, what’s stopping you from doing the same?

Desire. If the thief is running away to reset the fight, it’s because he’s losing. If he’s losing, we’d like to keep the current fight instead of reseting it. Unfortunately, it’s very difficult to keep a thief from escaping, even if they don’t use stealth in the process.

The gist of your post that sticking a revealed debuff on the thief not only removes their ability to turn invisible but also shuts off some of their best offensive and defensive abilities is very true, though, and well worth considering. It will actually allow us an opportunity to seize momentum and force the thief onto a defensive footing, which is something that is currently very difficult to do when fighting a thief as a ranger.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

If you reveal me when I’m on my thief, I’m going to spam shortbow 3 and 5, and shadow step away, instead of stealthing away.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

If you reveal me when I’m on my thief, I’m going to spam shortbow 3 and 5, and shadow step away, instead of stealthing away.

Cool.

Not sarcasm. I really mean it. Counter plays to counter plays. That’s what the game should be about. Not crying that stealth is no longer sacred and untouched.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Cool.

Not sarcasm. I really mean it. Counter plays to counter plays. That’s what the game should be about. Not crying that stealth is no longer sacred and untouched.

I wish the game was more counterplay/hard counter centric. Maybe it’s me looking through rose tinted glasses every time I bring up guild wars 1, but specifically, in GvG, balanced builds. Every single class played a specific role that was meant to either soft or hard counter the other teams builds.

I just got finished watching Ostrich Eggs stream on twitch, and I have to say, even though there is lots of rage at times (not going to dispute whether or not it’s justified), he makes some good points about how certain aspects of the game aren’t fun because there isn’t any, or enough, counterplay options.

Vigor and protection, for instance, with the amount of uptime some classes get versus the lack of ways most classes have to deal with those boons. Another one, sorry to be negative, is to play against a shortbow ranger, because the way the weapon is designed, it’s just getting autoattacks fired at you over and over again, which isn’t fun to play against at all.

And honestly, not to go back into this, but I do love the conceptualization behind the change to Sic’ Em, and introducing more direct counters, I really do. I truly am sorry I can’t be more excited until I get more details. But the fact that ANet is willing to continue to introduce hard counters to things does give me hope that this game will one day get to a spot the I would feel is healthier for competition.

I just don’t think that the devs and the ranger playerbase really see the same thing though. I think that at this point, the best thing for the class would to get another dev blog about it. How progress is going towards where they want the final balance to be, what role rangers are intended to play, as far as being damage heavy or support heavy and how they accomplish these things, and what goal they have for the class and how the class functions.
That really is all. Something to give players a more distinct light at the end of the tunnel, and not just a glimmer of hope.

Personally, I’m extremely excited and satisfied with what J. Sharp has to say. But the timeline is going to be destructive towards any momentum/morale that gets built from the positive things they can say. They really do need to have a PR person from the company come out and do what I suggested, just maybe once a week until the patch, like “State of the Ranger,” “State of the Necromancer” etc etc etc.

If everything is a mystery, how are we even supposed to get any unity as a community when it’s left up to us to try to decipher where the class is going to be a month from now and what road it’s ultimately headed down? All it’s doing is creating needless arguments because we don’t have enough to go on to have long lasting, constructive conversations.

Sorry, /endrant I guess. More like /endtextwall lol.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

— snip —

If that’s how you truly feel, then you should join the conversation here where some “pro” thieves are causing quite a fuss over “Sic ’Em”.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I don’t even want to get into that discussion lol. The only other place I even try to discuss things balance related anymore is on the guildwars2pvptv twitch chat.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

I don’t even want to get into that discussion lol. The only other place I even try to discuss things balance related anymore is on the guildwars2pvptv twitch chat.

I don’t blame you. Not much reason going on there right now. Just knee-jerk reactions. People unwilling to look at change and work around it. Unlike us rangers that do it time and time and time again.

And that’s why we’re awesome. ^.^

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I’d laugh if it was 10 seconds of reveal.

I’d personally slot that skill for zerging for sure.

I expect it will be a 10s reveal on a 40s cooldown, but it’ll be single target and perhaps the pet has to hit the target first. It’ll also still have all the bugs and issues it currently has: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Sic_%27Em%22.

So, no. It won’t be good.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I don’t blame you. Not much reason going on there right now. Just knee-jerk reactions. People unwilling to look at change and work around it. Unlike us rangers that do it time and time and time again.

And that’s why we’re awesome. ^.^

Very true lol. Right now, I’m contemplating dropping another 800 gems and making myself an engi just cuz I want another class to theorycraft for and experience. Though I get the feeling I won’t like engi that much because of how full offense most of their builds tend to be, and I already have a necro that probably does just about the same thing, with a high survivability.

Point is, buildcrafting for ranger is and always has been an addiction to me. I spent the first 6 months on guru theorycrafting on there. And now, after all this time, I feel like rangers are next in line to get some love. I obviously can’t say it will be for sure the next patch, but rangers have been the most discussed and most altered class (in terms of viability of meta builds) for almost a year now, and we, along with eles, really feel like we’re next for some trait, weapon, and functionality love.

I’m hoping that feeling proves to be right.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

I expect it will be a 10s reveal on a 40s cooldown, but it’ll be single target and perhaps the pet has to hit the target first. It’ll also still have all the bugs and issues it currently has: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Sic_%27Em%22.

We don’t have any information to speculate with other than we’ll get the ability. Any further speculation is useless as we have absolutely nothing to go off of.

So let’s not assume it’ll be useless until we know how it’ll work, kay?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

guys i don’t know you… but all these changes make my day! really… this patch will make shouting ranger shine (do not take it as “we are op! arrr” ) simply because it will make our pet a bit more interesting… more hp? good; better abilities? good! better shouts (related to pets)? wow!
I don’t know if you understand what i’m talking about… only few examples here:
1) if our pet has more hp → protect me… maybe will work this time.
2) if sick em can prevent enemies from stealth (i hope this lasts at least 10sec…) → we can usi it to counterplay thieves and mesmers
3) if we can use 2 shouts → we can use rune of soldier and improve our condition removal…

really interesting… i’m working on and i’ll add news in my power build thread
see you.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

We don’t have any information to speculate with other than we’ll get the ability. Any further speculation is useless as we have absolutely nothing to go off of.

So let’s not assume it’ll be useless until we know how it’ll work, kay?

let’s take their track record into account ok?
let’s look at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Sic_%27Em%22 and see what issues the skill has ok?
let’s limit ourselves to only the words jonathan has uttered ok?
So let’s assume the reveal will be attached to Sic Em as-in and let’s not assume anying thing beyond that ok?

So let’s assume exactly what I said, kay?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I don’t know why people think Sic’Em is a bad ability… Do none of you have an immob or something? Jesus…. Jag pet (F2 before casting Sic’Em) + Sic’Em + muddy Terrain = amazing burst.

And before you go Hurr Durr you waste all your CDs, that’s how most burst on most profs work… If you use RaO and QZ (or Sig of Wild) its even better.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Holland.9351

I don’t know why people think Sic’Em is a bad ability…

What’s bad about it you can read on the wiki for the skill:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Sic_%27Em%22

It shouldn’t require a target nor should it be breakable or have a range limit. It should just give the pet a buff that increases its movement speed and damage output for 10 seconds, no matter what else is done.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I’m a bit surprised at how many here underestimate reveal. If used at the right time, when a Thief is at low life and trying to stealth away, it makes all the difference. And the movement of a Thief isn’t an issue to a power Ranger, using longbow and greatsword. Swoop can quickly get you close to the Thief again, and longbow is capable of providing a lot of pressure. The real downside here is the fact that Sic ’Em is not really a good skill to begin with. So the question is; will the reveal duration be significant enough to make it useful.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I thought I’d throw my 2cents on this as well.
I’m going to assume two perfectly reasonable things for this;
1.) The rest of the skill function remains untouched.
2.) Revealed is single targeted exactly like the skill needs a single target.

Sic Em is not used because it can’t be combo’d with anything and when it could (before the pet damage nerf) it was ridiculously strong making it seem lack-luster currently. It’s basically a DPS increase on a pet’s Auto Attack for 10s that ends if you literally interact with your pet in any way other than bonuses from your own usable skills. It’s extremely hard to use an F2 + Sic Em properly as well because you never actually know if that order went through due to terrible pet responsiveness. Adding a counter to stealth on this skill further adds to and greatly improves its niche with absolutely no doubt at all and is extremely welcome. That being said this change still leaves you unable to interact with your pet which means for the duration of the skill it’s up to you to throw down all of your hate on that target and that hate better be plenty of snares so your pet can actually hit something. Also, keep in mind this is a Utility skill and we are strongly dependent on our Utility skills just for basic class function more than anyone else so sacrificing a spot for a counter to one class can also be a large hit in many circumstances.

Overall I foresee this skill seeing a lot of play in Roaming as it’s directed at Thieves. I’m not against this change at all and I think it’s a good idea especially considering the WvW borderlands change. (Despite the fact I saw this very idea on the forums from another player over a year ago).

In closing…
As welcome as this change may be and as thankful as we may be it does not do anything to address the reasons Rangers are stuck to such a niche to begin with which is where we are really hurting. It’s the rest of the changes I’m interested in.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I don’t know why people think Sic’Em is a bad ability… Do none of you have an immob or something? Jesus…. Jag pet (F2 before casting Sic’Em) + Sic’Em + muddy Terrain = amazing burst.

And before you go Hurr Durr you waste all your CDs, that’s how most burst on most profs work… If you use RaO and QZ (or Sig of Wild) its even better.

I actually use it a lot whenever I PvP and feel like going BM. Nothing more hilarious then watching a stealth Jaguar burst down somebody as quick as a backstab thief. I’ve gotten so many rage messages, or “wtf” messages, from people that don’t understand what’kittenting them. That’s only hotjoins though. Generally, the tactic doesn’t work as well against experienced players in arenas in my experience.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

it is not bad, it is buggy . That is the problem with it , reliability

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Its a little buggy making it fiddly to use, but frankly pets are fiddly to use at the best of times.

I mean, being limited to 2000 range is hardly a bug or an issue.. since when was I fighting anyone at more than 2000 range?

I agree its frustrating you cant assign you pet to a different target during that time (or f2) but I dont think its a skill breaking problem since if I use it its for the purpose of bursting a single target – I probably dont want to be calling my pet back or reassigning targets during that time anyway.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I’m a bit surprised at how many here underestimate reveal. If used at the right time, when a Thief is at low life and trying to stealth away, it makes all the difference. And the movement of a Thief isn’t an issue to a power Ranger, using longbow and greatsword. Swoop can quickly get you close to the Thief again, and longbow is capable of providing a lot of pressure. The real downside here is the fact that Sic ’Em is not really a good skill to begin with.

The only reason it’s not good, is lack of Trait Compression.

We’ve got Shout traits spread around in odd categories. We’ve got WAY TOO many weapon traits spread around that could definitely be consolidated (offhands & axe-anything in general) … and the one that drives me the craziest: split up Trapping traits in Skirmishing and a bunch of bogus niche pet modifiers in beast mastery where there should only be a division between Mammal / Mythical / Insect (and more new pets to fit the Mythical category like Griffons & Basilisks).

But back to the shout traits. There’s no reason Shout Mastery & Loud Whistle shouldn’t just be Merged together ….And.. any new shout traits could be rolled together with the signet ones too which also need to be moved out of Marksmanship (Marks needs more situational damage buffs & dazing procs so that creative use of bows actually means something besides pathetic ranged DPS or a couple stupid 5k snipes on a 90-sec cooldown). We also need a lot more ways to proc Quickness again in PvE b/c that got stolen from us in a previous sPvP influenced Nerf. Enlargement could also be rolled together with Shout/Signet traits or proc off them b/c it serves absolutely no purpose in PvE with the short duration the mechanic itself currently offers.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Speaking of Shout Traits spread randomly, am I the only one that would love to see Nature’s Voice in Beastmastery? Especially since Nature Magic does absolutely nothing else to improve the functionality of shouts. I mean, Warriors and Guardians get most, if not all, of their shout traits in a single trait line, why can’t rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It shouldn’t require a target nor should it be breakable or have a range limit. It should just give the pet a buff that increases its movement speed and damage output for 10 seconds, no matter what else is done.

^ This.

There is no reason that the buff should evaporate just because I needed to change my pet’s target or when a thief or mesmer stealths like they will a dozen times in the course of a fight.

It’s a bugged skill and not good.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

^ This.

There is no reason that the buff should evaporate just because I needed to change my pet’s target or when a thief or mesmer stealths like they will a dozen times in the course of a fight.

Funny examples to pick, given that this whole topic is about how Sic ’Em is going to stop people from stealthing now lol.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

^ This.

Funny examples to pick, given that this whole topic is about how Sic ’Em is going to stop people from stealthing now lol.

They would be if we new if it was going to keep it’s original effect as well except that we don’t know nor do we know how much reveal it will end up applying.

I don’t see them adding a reveal effect on top of a damage boost unless they also end up massively increasing the recharge time of the skill.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Anyone running a catsassin build will be happy for sure.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

With BM Bunker build, i’m actually looking forward to seeing what the changes to MOA are.

That could potentially end up making BM Bunker a lot better in zergs.

I also think the change to Pet HP in World vs World will end up making Protect Me used a lot more as well. Since it won’t mean death to your pet any longer.

BM Rangers maybe will finally be able to run Shouts for example

Signet of the Wild/Protect Me/Sic Em might be common soon, (With Rune of Speed of course)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

— snip —

If that’s how you truly feel, then you should join the conversation here where some “pro” thieves are causing quite a fuss over “Sic ’Em”.

Here’s a quote from that thread lol

“Ranger Dots already are a hard counter for thief.. lets give them EVEN MORE tools against. At this point I’m pretty much done with this game, between YET ANOTHER nerf and this idiotic gem grubbing League system it is clear you do not care/listen to your community”

Better call the wahbulance

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

“Ranger Dots already are a hard counter for thief.. lets give them EVEN MORE tools against. At this point I’m pretty much done with this game, between YET ANOTHER nerf and this idiotic gem grubbing League system it is clear you do not care/listen to your community”

Yeah. “Hard counter”. With dots…

He keeps using that word. I don’t think it means what he thinks it means.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Thieves remove dots within steath with a trait which means they already have better condition removal than the Ranger class. So will DOTs work with this change? Yes. Are they a counter without it? No.

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

thieves spam stealth, we cant spam sick em. and pet still useless in wvw
ps: i think they will nerf the dmg buff from it and the reveal radius will be 180 or something like that. still useless in wvw/pvp and will be useless in dungeons.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

(edited by McWolfy.5924)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Did they say how long it revealed was going to last? If it is just the normal 3s or whatever, then the skill will still be crap.

If its more like the WvW stealth trap (maybe not as extreme) then it might be useful. I think trap lasts 30s, but it is an AoE while I doubt sic em will be.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Did they say how long it revealed was going to last? If it is just the normal 3s or whatever, then the skill will still be crap.

If its more like the WvW stealth trap (maybe not as extreme) then it might be useful. I think trap lasts 30s, but it is an AoE while I doubt sic em will be.

It’s all going to depend on how it works. If the shout is changed to a ground targeted ability or just AE reveals around the pet, it could be useful. Thief uses refuge, you use sic ‘em and you’ve blown their defensive cooldown.

It’s always going to be situational and it will probably be hard to justify using it on your bar regardless. But it has potential depending on how they implement it. We’ll have to wait for more information.

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackenX.7386

BlackenX.7386

better fix the weapon projectiles (e.g. bows, axes) when they hit “nothing”,

those weapon always aiming the (100 range) floor when there is nothing can hit

it’s impossible to hit a stealth enemy

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

— snip —

What? How? I don’t even…. somebody google this man the definition of “hard counter” lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I guess you’re all forgetting John Sharp is the same guy that announced we are too dumb to have more control over our pets? So, we are stuck with minimal control. I guess you’re all forgetting John Sharp is the same guy that announced that two bear pets can rip the face off of any warrior in pvp? So, they nerfed the pets across the game. Oh, how quickly we forget. I, however, have not and will not.

I’m not sorry, I can’t wait until the day this guy and any dev who agrees with him is fired. I won’t be happy with my ranger another patch concerning the ranger until the option to perma-stow is given or the pet is fixed 100%/we are given complete control. Over 1000 hours on my ranger now and I’m done. Enjoying the shizznit out of my gaurdian though. I will continue to do so until I can get back on my favorite toon, my ranger. By the looks of those pre-patch notes, my gaurdian will be even better. Yay for me and my new main.

And for the record, I only PVE and dungeons (not FOTM), so Sic ’Em has never and will never see the light of day on my bar. Not when I can trait something else for more damage or tagging.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I don’t think “too dumb” was the wording. Haha sheesh, harsh critique

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Well, true, I was paraphrasing… but what he said is “having too much control will scare away new players from the class.” So, they made the class for people who know nothing about it and refuse to give more advanced players any more control. That, sir, is purely offensive to my gaming abilities. Thus, I pray and hope for the day that he and the devs that agree with him get fired from Anet. Maybe then the Ranger will get better in a meaningful way.

Ask anyone in my MLM guild on Crystal Desert my thoughts about John Sharp and they’ll tell you how I feel because they hear it every time someone asks about Rangers and pets. Yes, I tell them how I really feel. I can’t here because it’ll get deleted.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

I’m sorry, but if you’ve ever spoke to the man he is very aware of the issues with the ranger and does want them fixed. He and, I assume, the entire balance team don’t know how to fix all the issues atm. But it is, and has been, clear from the start that ranger = pet. So our solution will remain with having a pet.

As far as more control? The problem seems to stem from the restriction of only four F-keys in which to control the pet. How do we fit all the control we desire inside only those four keys. One thing you might note is that, unlike any other class, we have more than four pet controls. We actually have seven, one of the additional keys being mappable and the other two being ‘click’-only.

How to fix the control issue? Possibly by improving the AI so we don’t feel the need for more granular control. Or making active/passive pets easier to control with possibly more modes (active offense, passive offense/defense, and pure defense as with GW1?).

While it isn’t really true that having too much control will scare away players, requiring too much control can and does. And right now, with all the issues with pets, the require immense micromanagement of the level that does scare people away.

I don’t think he deserves to be fired. I do think there might be a tad bit of conflict of interest, though, as most patches in the past have been focused on PvP where he also is a primary dev for. But with this latest patch seeming more focused on PvE and WvW I think (and hope) that the focus may be shifting. If future patches remain not solely focused on PvP then I’ll be content.

in Ranger

Burnfall.9573

There are no such thing as ‘harsh criticism’.

Reminder= threre are 2 types of criticsism.

1. Honest Criticism
2. False Criticism

His/her criticism is Honest.

……………..We Ranger been Lied to with False Promises……

That’s Honest Truth.

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

1. Honest Criticism
2. False Criticism

Actually, as far as I’ve observed, there is only one type of criticism that matters. Constructive criticism.

Everything else, such as this post that is being called out, is destructive and contributes in to way to the health of the game. In fact it just poisons the community.

So let’s abandon the destructive criticism, bile, and other unfortunate posts that plague these forums so they can see people who wish to help instead of people who only wish to sling mud. Thanks.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Lol cmon burnfall cheer up, remember where we were? Its come a long way

in Ranger

Burnfall.9573

1. Honest Criticism
2. False Criticism

Actually, as far as I’ve observed, there is only one type of criticism that matters. Constructive criticism.

Everything else, such as this post that is being called out, is destructive and contributes in to way to the health of the game. In fact it just poisons the community.

So let’s abandon the destructive criticism, bile, and other unfortunate posts that plague these forums so they can see people who wish to help instead of people who only wish to sling mud. Thanks.

What have “Contructive Criticism” have done for our class?

Absolutely

Nothing!!