Lol burnfall it has too, you’ll bounce back buddy

true

lol

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

J Sharp new info: sick em reveal stealth

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

What have “Contructive Criticism” have done for our class?

Absolutely

Nothing!!

What has it done? Have you not seen that we’re getting some decently substantial buffs? Of course you haven’t, but we are whether or not you can actually acknowledge that fact.

The better question is “What has destructive criticism and invective done?” The answer to that is absolutely nothing but portray us rangers badly.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I’d say that the harshness, or lack of constructiveness behind the criticism, from not just rangers, but from almost every thread, is what has basically pushed the devs away from communicating with the profession subforums.

I mean, if you were a dev, and you popped in to and said “hey, these are our ideas so far. Just a heads up, we’re doing our best” only to get a bunch of “we hate you,” “you suck,” “you don’t know what you’re talking about,” and “dev team is terrible and dumb” responses, why even take the time to post as a dev? It isn’t helping them do their job any better to just insult them.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’m not saying the playerbase is wrong in feeling the way they do at times. Everybody gets frustrated. But we won’t make any progress if we keep asking the devs to be more transparent and open with the community, and then as soon as they try, absolutely tear them down, which then they have to sift through numerous personal attacks and insults in order to try to find anything constructive that they can take from the experience.

I think that a lot (I’m not singling out rangers, because it’s everywhere) of the community needs to remember that they aren’t just developers; they’re people. You can’t just insult somebody repeatedly and then expect to be able to have an open dialogue/discussion with them. And this is the devs job, which means that more than likely, most of them have bosses that shut can shut them down and at the same time are almost intolerable to work with. We don’t know what goes on in ANet. Maybe there is a silent dev that reads every thread and takes every suggestion to balance discussion meetings, but it gets shut down by higher up people.

I’m just saying, we have to start somewhere with the mutual respect. As a player, we are more than allowed to have our anger and frustration and disappointment, but taking it out on the devs, who would more than likely want nothing more than for each any every one of us to enjoy the game fully the way we want to, isn’t going to do anything but push the devs farther into silence.

I also understand if people are out of patience. But at that point, it’s time to step back, take a deep breath, and find another game to play or activity to do until you aren’t so frustrated anymore, and then check back in with guild wars 2 to see if anything has changed. Because really, anything else is just a waste of our energy.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

in Ranger

Posted by: Searban.5984

Searban.5984

Well, true, I was paraphrasing… but what he said is “having too much control will scare away new players from the class.” So, they made the class for people who know nothing about it and refuse to give more advanced players any more control. That, sir, is purely offensive to my gaming abilities. Thus, I pray and hope for the day that he and the devs that agree with him get fired from Anet. Maybe then the Ranger will get better in a meaningful way.

Out of curiosity, do you take everything that happens around you so personally? Because I wonder whether it’s a matter of grudge against J. Sharp or a certain degree of “centre of the world syndrome”.

As much as I’m not a huge fan of many results of Johnathan Sharp’s work that we’ve seen so far (as it can be told from my posts on this forum so far, or at least those that did not get deleted), what he said back then is partially true. If we assume that its as Anet has claimed and Ranger is in fact the class that gets chosen by the new players most often (and I’m pretty sure Anet has access to statistical data specific enough to give them such info), then greeting those players with a pet controlled by a total of 7 or 8 keys is arguably not the best idea. It’s all about the learning curve, one of the absolute basics of MMO market. And like it or not, Anet will most likely prioritize the comfort of new players over demands of a portion of the older player base, because its more profitable and thus it is the sensible thing to do. Any other developer would do the same. After all, they’re all in it for the money.

To be completely honest, I doubt giving us control over pet skills can actually solve issues pets are plagued with. It may as well lead to even more severe problems. Pet’s AI is at this point hardly able to cope with 1 skill activated by the player, should we really assume that it would be better if there were 4 of them?

-snip-

All right, let’s get another thread deleted for venturing into this topic.

There are two things that have to be mentioned here. Firstly, the harshness and lack constructiveness is not something unique to GW2 forums. It’s more or less the same on majority of official forums of various games from the MMO genre. And because of that when you work in video games industry you should already be prepared to deal with that. If the fact that you get called an idiot over the internet by a dozen of strangers, about whom you don’t know nothing, and who may as well be 14 years old kids with piles of dung instead of brains can actually affect your work, you really should consider a different career path.

Humans are a terrible bunch when they are in a larger group and provided with a certain level of anonymity the internet offers, this has been proved countless times already. And there is hardly anything you can do about it unfortunately, other than just learn to ignore opinions and judgements formed under those circumstances. With that being said, I do believe strongly that there are lines gamers should never been allowed to cross (i.e. like they did in the relatively widely-known case of Jennifer Hepler), and people who do attempt to cross them anyway should be stopped hanged with their own entrails.

Secondly, the thread we’re debating about here has actually proved that coming to the forums and posting an update on what the team is working on may actually be received quite well. Yes, there some negativity there, but vast majority of those 14 pages is filled with what one may call constructive criticism. The thing is, the problem of not being received well is the problem devs created on their own by absolutely awful communication with their community so far. It’s not only about rangers and the fact that the only communication we got in the last 3 months or so was a witty, and rude, one-liner. It’s about simple things, such as the fact that patch notes are always being posted just as the patch is being deployed, leaving no room for discussion about planned changes. That discussion isn’t being encouraged after the patch is deployed either. While I agree that the current state of relations between the devs and the community is to a point the community’s fault. But, and I said it a few times already, fixing this mess is not something that community will do on its own, just by saying “ok, we’re not going to be upset from now on”. It takes both sides to do that.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Oh I’m not disagreeing, especially because I remember things like this: http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/developer_updates/september_2012_skill_balances.php

Which would also, in turn, be posted like 1 week+ before the patch actually hit at times.

What I would like to think is that the game isn’t generating enough revenue for more resources to be allocated towards communication. From my understanding, the gem store isn’t generating revenue for ANet, but mostly for NCSoft, who can then turn and use that profit towards any of their other products, like development for Wildstar. Since I can’t say what NCSoft is actually allocating the revenue towards, it is just speculation, but I believe that there are not enough resources being given to ANet to do anything other than sustain their current output.

Does that excuse the devs for not communicating on the forums? Well, no, but only to the degree that when you have no PR person/team dedicated to communicating with the vocal community, it means that developers have to try to figure out how to communicate in their spare time, and being only human, they are going to get burned out and/or make mistakes.

Right now, something that is really common is seeing Peters or McClain, and of course Grouch, discussing the game in twitch live streams. And it goes great and there is some good communication, until it starts talking about the game and upcoming features, and turns into a spam fest of people going “fix this, fix that, you broke that.” At that point, the chat is met with silence, because there is no more discussion to be had.

Is it healthy to end the discussion whenever it starts getting rough? For communications sake, no. But these are devs, and not PR reps. When we start going “fix this, fix that, etc,” really, they probably just immediately think, and want to say “we’re doing our best.” And you know what that gets met with? “Your best isn’t good enough, you suck, we need new devs.”

I mean, yes, they should be expecting that. But these people are day job workers that are now getting “it” from every end of the spectrum, and it’s easier to ignore the community than ignore your bosses.

Now, I’m not gonna go through all these text walls without having a solution to the problem lol. I mean, you can’t fix peoples viciousness, that’s for us as a community to work on. But, like guild wars 1, the easiest methodology would be to stop making forum posts out of these “blogs.” Instead, just have them solely as text write ups on the front page, with no thread created by the devs anywhere to be found. Now, it leaves it up to the community to get a discussion started about the new changes, and the moderators can simply “filter” out any spiteful and not constructive threads.

What’s ideally left is threads with constructive discussions that the now not-so-jaded devs can choose to jump into and comment on in their free time if they want to, without that being their only means of conveying the transparency the community is asking for.

Hopefully that would start to mend the current position we’re in.

Also, I’m entirely sorry for these offtopic discussions we’re having. If somebody would like to un-derail the conversation, by all means, go for it lol.

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

The Devs have earned the ire of many people in this game for many different reasons. The viciousness will never go away, because this game had something good going and the devs chucked it out the window for the sake of more profit.

As you say, its easier for them to listen to their bosses, then their customers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Can we navigate the conversation back to sick em?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Searban.5984

Searban.5984

Certainly. I was planning to do that anyway, but overall lack of time for anything has been killing my activity lately.

The way I see it, the change to Sic’em it’s another attempt by Anet to make shouts attractive to rangers, just like the addition of Nature’s Voice trait was. It’s good, because that means that they see our shouts remain lackluster. On the other hand though, I’m not entirely convinced that simply adding new functions to the shouts is exactly the right solution. The issues that plague Ranger’s shouts may simply cause those changes to not be worth the work that has been put into them.

What I mean is that out of 4 shouts we have, 1 for unknown reasons functions as a pet command instead of a shout itself and can be overwritten by way too many things, and another 1 has a cast time that makes it somewhat clunky to use, especially for a shout. If both could act as proper shouts do, then it would already make them pretty good skills in my opinion. Especially with the incoming increase in pet hp and potential buffs to some of the pet species, both BM and Shout-based Regen stacking builds could become very interesting in the future.

Although I still can’t really understand why Ranger’s shouts were designed to be so vastly different, and unfortunately also inferior to all the other shouts in game. Screw the ability to buff the group, I can understand that they wanted Spirits to be our tool for group utility instead. But if our shouts could affect both the pet and the Ranger, that would really offer something fairly interesting to power builds, possibly solving at least some of the shortcomings power rangers have to face.

Nevertheless, I’m genuinely interested in Sic’em becoming potential hard counter against stealth. Lack of those so far, and the reaction of some of Thieves to sheer possibility of ONE hard counter being introduced into this game reminded me all to well why I wasn’t exactly thrilled when the stealth mechanics were confirmed for GW2 for the 1st time. I know that stealth brings a large number of possibilities to MMO gameplay in general, but sometimes it seems that the number of problems that it causes, primarily in terms of class balance is even greater.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

If they want me to use sic em, they need to increase dmg bonus to 100%. I can kill thieves without revealed debuff.

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

I could have missed the discussion but we seem to be focusing in on thieves only when talking about “reveal stealth.” Wouldn’t this also affect ranger stealth, mass invis and decoy from Memsers, elixir S and stealth caused by blast finishers? Also, will it affect just one person or AoE? I think it would be hilarious to catch a small group getting stealthed only to have my pet run up and remove it from them.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I play at a decent level, not great, but I’m not a scrub. I know that when I “beat” a thief, it usually means I made the thief SR and scurry away. Some builds, though, when played well, just eat players alive and the thief and always disengage and burst run away (well, that’s easier with shortbow I suppose). So I think this is a good mechanic to force Revealed debuff during the fight to prevent exfiltration.

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

When I’m running around in a Zerg and I hear a Commander ask all rangers to put up “Sic Em”, then I will… But until that time, doubt it will make my trait bar. What am I suppose to give up for this “reveal”. Guess the only time is when a Theif is being annoying, like camping an area or if I’m running in a small guild group I guess.

Just don’t see it as being that big of a game changer. If I was a thief I really wouldn’t be all that worried.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

You could use it to down players too—reveal mesmers. Etc. btw, why not think for yourself instead of having to wait for a commander to tell you to do something.

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I like how the only thief argument I see against the change to “Sic ’Em” is “LTP nub”. They assume we don’t kill perma-stealth thieves because we’re incapable, not because as rangers we have very little that can/will affect a thief when they are stealthed.

And they forget that stealth is used by more than just them.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: Mystic Angelique.4021

Mystic Angelique.4021

http://youtu.be/VkbBvTYDEKc

http://youtu.be/Uk280jVuH1w

I alway llike this trailer for some reason.
Think of it a hidden challenge to you.
Like a personal achievement you are unable to overcome
Crying is not going to win you battle that is for sure.
What matter is how you approach it.

With or without this skill i face its and overcome it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

When I’m running around in a Zerg and I hear a Commander ask all rangers to put up “Sic Em”, then I will… But until that time, doubt it will make my trait bar. What am I suppose to give up for this “reveal”. Guess the only time is when a Theif is being annoying, like camping an area or if I’m running in a small guild group I guess.

Just don’t see it as being that big of a game changer. If I was a thief I really wouldn’t be all that worried.

I’ll be slapping it on the first enemy to leave culling range when my zerg meets another to keep them from all getting into a veil assuming the range stays the same. Also, the ability to use it to mesmer/thief sweep a keep is invaluable. The possibilities go far and above obvious roaming applications.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Why would you need a new OP skill to kill thief when the existing skills are sufficient to counter.There are some many ingame skill that are capable of fighting stealth units.
I find this topic quite brainless . Learn to find a workable solution adapt instead of crying to anet mummy for a OP skill that will not be balance at all. Please learn to use your pets and their skills.

List of reason ranger skills are more than sufficient to take on a thief
Ranger/pets outnumber thief 2 to 1 ranger have much better odds.
Ranger can stealth too you know .
Ranger can knockback
Ranger can trap /AOE
Pet can Poison AOE/ Weaken /stun etc etc

If you need more reason i can provide but will very much put me in the crosshair of a lot of fellow ranger.Seriously please learn to play correctly

Stealth is a joke in gw2

http://youtu.be/7799to8aGcQ

lol a thief that knows what they are doing would kill a 16k hp ranger in about 3-4 hits.
They hit you with a surprise shot, port to you with steal and burst you down before the immobilize even wears down. Many I’ve seen pull this off so fast they likely have it macroed. They don’t dance around in stealth and hide because they triggered a couple ranger traps.

And we can even disregard all that by pointing out the simple truth that if you could force reveal on that thief your fight would have taken that much less time to be over.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I am a thief, and I welcome the changes! Bring it on rangers!

OP’d thief, lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I’ll be slapping it on the first enemy to leave culling range when my zerg meets another to keep them from all getting into a veil assuming the range stays the same. Also, the ability to use it to mesmer/thief sweep a keep is invaluable. The possibilities go far and above obvious roaming applications.

I think it would only affect the pets target… but that one person is going to get bombed to heck if the rest of the zerg stealths but him! lol

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

All pets should continue tracking and hitting Stealth targets without any “Sick’em” skill.
Why would we ruin our already ruined builds even more with a skill “that we must use”.?
Same problem was up with GW1 rangers, when we had to equip “Charm Animal” skill up to keep pets on our side. They fixed this issue in GW2, but also found out a new one…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I just hope that the changes in bears F2 wont be “now it removes 2 conditions..”Or on Moas “we increased the healings aoe for 20”…Anet likes to be very caution with Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

You could use it to down players too—reveal mesmers. Etc. btw, why not think for yourself instead of having to wait for a commander to tell you to do something.

That’s not my point Chopps… We don’t bring much to a zerg fight (ie.. Commander led)… My point is we are still not all that useful in such fair. Other Professions are asked to accomplish something for the good of the group. Rangers aren’t.

While it has its uses, to annoy the Theif, it isn’t game changing. No Commander will be out there asking us to spam it, like they do for Ele’s or Guardian’s or Warriors, etc for their abilities or uses. “Put a 1 in chat if you’re a Mesmer”, can’t wait to hear, “Put a 1 in chat if your a Ranger, oh… just wanted to say.. why? why are you here?”

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

again just to emphasize what most people are saying, rangers and most decent pvp’ers dont require anti-mesmer or anti-thief abilities. ranger survivability in WvW is awful and people dont have the room to give up their signets or survival utilities for something like this. Sic Em won’t see any play outside of maybe low tier spvp.

now if you give sic em an additional function like 10 stacks of might for you and the pet, im sure more would consider using it.

i also want to point out that ranger shouts are a total disaster and all of them require complete reworks. no serious pvper is using them outside of maybe guard in pve.

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

I think it would only affect the pets target… but that one person is going to get bombed to heck if the rest of the zerg stealths but him! lol

No I meant as in that one guy would probably still follow his buddies in formation and you would know what direction the zerg went after they hit the veil to keep you from getting hit in the side. And, ya, I guess having a target to paint with Aoe’s that is standing next to his invisible pals would be pretty kitten useful lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Wow, I just saw this. This is going to be amazing, but its going to get rangers nerfed in the long run I think. A shout/BM build is already so powerful, and now thieves are just going to be cat food, mwahahaha!!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Well, true, I was paraphrasing… but what he said is “having too much control will scare away new players from the class.” So, they made the class for people who know nothing about it and refuse to give more advanced players any more control. That, sir, is purely offensive to my gaming abilities. Thus, I pray and hope for the day that he and the devs that agree with him get fired from Anet. Maybe then the Ranger will get better in a meaningful way.

Out of curiosity, do you take everything that happens around you so personally? Because I wonder whether it’s a matter of grudge against J. Sharp or a certain degree of “centre of the world syndrome”.

As much as I’m not a huge fan of many results of Johnathan Sharp’s work that we’ve seen so far (as it can be told from my posts on this forum so far, or at least those that did not get deleted), what he said back then is partially true. If we assume that its as Anet has claimed and Ranger is in fact the class that gets chosen by the new players most often (and I’m pretty sure Anet has access to statistical data specific enough to give them such info), then greeting those players with a pet controlled by a total of 7 or 8 keys is arguably not the best idea. It’s all about the learning curve, one of the absolute basics of MMO market. And like it or not, Anet will most likely prioritize the comfort of new players over demands of a portion of the older player base, because its more profitable and thus it is the sensible thing to do. Any other developer would do the same. After all, they’re all in it for the money.

To be completely honest, I doubt giving us control over pet skills can actually solve issues pets are plagued with. It may as well lead to even more severe problems. Pet’s AI is at this point hardly able to cope with 1 skill activated by the player, should we really assume that it would be better if there were 4 of them?

1st, don’t assume this is personal. It’s definitely a grudge against J. sharp and his ilk and their terrible decisions when it comes to the Ranger. Now that is settled… Your point about pet skills is valid and why I advocate loudly for a perma-stow option. It’s a win-win. People who like the pet don’t have to use them, and people that like the pet get to use them. I don’t see how this is a bad thing. It can only improve the Ranger.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Professions had “unique visions” of playing back in D&D origins.
Meanwhile a Guardian’s job is to support and cleanish,
a Warrior’s to head straight onto battle with their force,
Rangers should may have the ability of a born Hunter, as supposed to be.

You want tricks, use Mesmers. You want special supports, ask for an Elementalist.
Has a nasty assassination or scouting job, hire the Thieves. Want to use the war technology, gather your Engineers.

But then, if you want guidance in the wilds, amongst the lost, you have a smart task to do, we’re here for you. We’re Rangers…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

My suggestion:

Change “Sic ’Em” to

Duration 15 seconds, lower cd to 30 seconds (untraited)
Damage increase 25%
Skip the reveal part, just make it so that by using this shout, the pet sees through stealth, and keeps on attacking the stealthed enemy.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Needs to be an Aoe or its going to be not used, pets just cannot target a thief well enough with the current mechanics, either way now thieves will kill Pet then Ranger in two attacks instead of one..

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

Needs to be an Aoe or its going to be not used, pets just cannot target a thief well enough with the current mechanics, either way now thieves will kill Pet then Ranger in two attacks instead of one..

This^^^

If it requires you to target the thief and/or have your pet run up and deliver the ability to the thief it is another worthless gimmick like stealth is now. Stealth fails 80 percent or more of the time because it has to be targeted, is slow to activate, or just fails outright. Both these abilities should work instantly by pressing the freaking button, not having to target an adversary who can drop aggro and stealth continuously. If you could keep a thief targeted throughout a fight you wouldn’t need a reveal.

I’m not expecting any meaningful changes from Anet anymore. As always they take lackluster abilities and pets no one uses and tries to dress them up rather than improve the core mechanics, abilities and pets the majority prefer.

Lipstick on a pig so the cheerleaders have something to cheerlead about, nothing more.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Btw. what does cancel this skills effect on pet? I know it disappears if I give him any other command (F1, F2 or F3), or ofc when it dies or gets swapped.

But… I was sure it also had some problems with skills that applied buffs to pets (GS 5., LB 3., SG 3. etc), but after I checked it today, it seems this part works ok: I can give swiftness with my LB or fury with speargun to my pet AFTER using Sic’em, and it doesn’t disappear. Is it my memory failing, or it got “ninja fixed”?

in Ranger

Terkov.4138

I’m afraid this 1 counter to stealth won’t be enough…

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I rather have Thieves be nerfed more than put out a band-aid fix like this crap.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I rather have Thieves be nerfed more than put out a band-aid fix like this crap.

Why do thieves need to be nerfed? They’re not that strong as is with the exception of Larcenous Strike spam, which is getting nerfed.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

thieves are OP in WvW , not in PvP .

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Why do thieves need to be nerfed? They’re not that strong as is with the exception of Larcenous Strike spam, which is getting nerfed.

You don’t think they’re nerfing the wrong part of Larcenous Strike though? I didn’t think the boon ripping was as much of a problem as the high spammable damage on an evasive skill.

Regardless, and I just made this post elsewhere, but Shadow’s Rejuvenation is extremely strong in a perma stealth build, and could probably use some toning down to make builds that rely on perma stealth a little less forgiving.

in Ranger

Sanduskel.1850

You don’t think they’re nerfing the wrong part of Larcenous Strike though? I didn’t think the boon ripping was as much of a problem as the high spammable damage on an evasive skill.

Regardless, and I just made this post elsewhere, but Shadow’s Rejuvenation is extremely strong in a perma stealth build, and could probably use some toning down to make builds that rely on perma stealth a little less forgiving.

agreed. perma stealth is what annoys people. Some of we thieves don’t need to perma stealth to win.

OP’d thief, lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m still absolutely dumb founded that Anet didn’t stick with the change that gave revealed upon leaving stealth instead of only when you attack from stealth…

But yeah I would like to have just seen Larcenous strike have a boost in initiative cost so they can’t spam in, make it cost like 5 or 6 total or something to completely remove the spamming and make them use it primarily for the rip. They said they’re going to be tweaking the skill because they don’t want to just butcher it.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

My god, I am so sick of the Heartseeker+Black Powder combo in WvW.

It’s complete bullkitten that there is even a way to be permanently stealthed in the first place. They need to change the effect smoke fields give blasts and leaps or remove the leap finisher from heartseeker.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chellanius.7526

Chellanius.7526

What exactly is your point with this video? The fact that you put the anti stealth trap on the dead person and stood on him with 5 people and mashed air? (pssst, you want the thief to trigger the trap, not to avoid it). And it didn’t occur to anyone to place the trap on the stairs or above/below the stairs so it’s unavoidable for him?

Some people take situations like this as fun challenges, But there are still people like you, who want everything given to them on a silver platter. With a little cunning and logic that thief wouldn’t survive 1 minute in the tower. If nerfs get done based on the QQing of people like you, I cry for the future of this game and cry for this community.

in Ranger

Sanduskel.1850

My god, I am so sick of the Heartseeker+Black Powder combo in WvW.

It’s complete bullkitten that there is even a way to be permanently stealthed in the first place. They need to change the effect smoke fields give blasts and leaps or remove the leap finisher from heartseeker.

I main a thief and I agree with you. Perma stealth was never intended and is an exploit of game mechanics. Scrub use this exploit.

OP’d thief, lol

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I just don’t see why stealth gets to be permanent for offensive AND defensive use. There is no reason why bursting from stealth doesn’t increase the reveal duration up to like 8 to 10 seconds. If you don’t burst from stealth, then you don’t get the increased reveal duration, but you also aren’t damaging the opponent, giving them time to reset the fight in their own way, or start setting up a counter attack.

As for my thoughts on Sic’ Em after a month, I’ll quote someone:

rangers and most decent pvp’ers dont require anti-mesmer or anti-thief abilities

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

+1

Jesus Christ….

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

+1

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

in Ranger

Sanduskel.1850

broken mechanic is broken. i am a thief, and it’s plain as day.

OP’d thief, lol

in Ranger

Terkov.4138

What exactly is your point with this video? The fact that you put the anti stealth trap on the dead person and stood on him with 5 people and mashed air? (pssst, you want the thief to trigger the trap, not to avoid it). And it didn’t occur to anyone to place the trap on the stairs or above/below the stairs so it’s unavoidable for him?

Some people take situations like this as fun challenges, But there are still people like you, who want everything given to them on a silver platter. With a little cunning and logic that thief wouldn’t survive 1 minute in the tower. If nerfs get done based on the QQing of people like you, I cry for the future of this game and cry for this community.

I played LB ranger before it got any buffs and ran with 30/25 build used by many now. If anyone here is going easy way and “silver platter” thing, it’s thieves.
This video is just one (if you are ineterested, I stared topic in thief forum long time ago about it with more videos). I made it after we lost 30 mins camping dead mesmer in hills.
I don’t have exact quote now, but I’m sure you remember ANet said they don’t give permastealth (like WoW for example), coz it’s not fun. And what do we have now? Just because it takes some refreshing and sometimes appearing for 1 sec 2k range from enemies, it doesn’t make it not perma.
Also, why the kitten do I even need traps to fight 1 guy? If so, I want enemies to be FORCED to use AC to kill ranger.

I discussed it a lot in topic mentioned earlier. Not going to reapeat myself anymore, sry :p

(edited by Terkov.4138)

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Imagine two or three of those guys running around haha

in Ranger

Posted by: Chellanius.7526

Chellanius.7526

The point is thief doesn’t need a nerf. Stealth doesn’t need a nerf. The only thing that needs a nerf is the perma stealth aspect of it. They should make a cooldown on the stealth leap/blast finisher (10 second for example) so people can use the blackpowder+HS combo only to stealth themselves like CnD, and the reason they can’t spamm it if they don’t attack and get revelaed is because blackpowder negates a lot of dmg, so it’s even. Or something.

I mean first it was the stealth traps, now it’s ranger skills what comes next? In the end gw2 is gonna be left with a proffesion that is broken down and noone will play it because it’s not viable anymore. Unless they give us skills that will make elementalists unable to switch atunements, or mesmers to create clones and phantasms. Than it’s fair.